Review of Cigna

pharmacynetworkoperations@cigna.com

3 reviews with 1 star

johnp606
9/6/17

In 30+ years of professional life, I have had health insurance through multiple carriers and Cigna is, bar none, no comparison, the absolute worst. I would rather deal with the cable company or the IRS than Cigna. With those two, at least I receive something in return for my money.

When our child required significant health care services - strongly recommended by multiple providers - Cigna's first reflex was, naturally, to deny coverage. Ditto the appeal (that we made to a Cigna-compensated vendor). We were forced to make do with the skimpy coverage they were willing to provide but, even then, they have actively sought ways to avoid paying anything. In two years we have paid hundreds of thousands of dollars (i.e. savings and borrowing) for healthcare that our child absolutely required while Cigna has grudgingly paid about $14,000. In other words, we've received less than what Cigna received in premiums. Which, come to think of it, is an outstanding business model.

Claims sit for months; information that is either irrelevant or that has already been provided multiple times before is demanded; the rationale for delays and/or denials changes depending on whom we speak to; the website is either opaque or doesn't track with what "customer service" has to say. If it is not written in the "customer service" script, it is not uttered (which would explain why, after waiting months for one claim to be processed, we were told with confident assurance and lack of irony that all claims are processed within 7-10 business days). Perhaps because they were tired of talking to us, we were informed that our claims (past and present) were being "audited" and that would take another 60 days. Finally, yesterday, we received a letter saying that we'd been paid too much and to please send them a check for $300.

I really cannot find enough negative things to say about Cigna.

heatherw31
9/3/15

I could never get my online account setup and half time i called they could never find me in the system.

zeej1
4/22/14

They denied me some much needed medical equipment, even though my doctor wrote a letter and a prescription for it. I have appealed the denial,using all the areas afforded me to use, with no success.

Questions? Get answers from the Cigna staff and other customers.

Cigna?