Cartridge Save

Cartridge Save has a consumer rating of 2.43 stars from 14 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Cartridge Save ranks 47th among Printer Ink sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 57.1%
How would you rate Cartridge Save?

“Incredible Service and Great Price”

Dean B.
6/17/20

As I'm working from home, I needed more ink than usual. During lock down, I couldn't get from my usual place so thought I try Cartridge Save. My ink was in stock and the price was cheaper than I would have paid. It even turned up the day after. I was blown away, so much so, I ordered a spare! Great job guys!

“Scam artists”

Dan B.
12/11/20

These guys have scammed me by not delivering most of what I ordered. They falsely claim to have delivered but cannot provide any evidence to back up their fabrication. The also troll review sites to take down articles that show them in a bad light. How many honest companies do the same. Be warned.

ab785
February 26th, 2021
Verified purchase

Misleading performance figures

They claim their cartridges can do 3000 pages and when this is queried they blame the 'industry'. Warning to others: 1 page in cartridgesave's world means just 5% ink coverage... that's a couple of lines of text on a sheet of A4... not what anyone would call a page. Will not be ordering from here again.

Tip for consumers:
read the small print about what a 'page' means in toner suppliers minds.

Products used:
toner cartridge - high capacity.

danb864
December 11th, 2020

davidt968
December 18th, 2019

Not the cheapest online! BEWARE

Not the cheapest online. Does not honour the stated price promise. Buyers beware. There are much cheaper prices if you google the part no. I was shocked by the response when i asked them to price match. Kept me on chat until i missed the other suppliers cut off time - then used that as reason not to honour their price promise. SHOCKING. I HAVE TODAY PROVED IN BLACK AND WHITE TO THEM THAT THEIR PRICES ARE NOT THE CHEAPEST.

martinh397
January 15th, 2021

Fine whilst everything is going well, but as soon as something goes wrong they wash their hands of it.
My lexmark printer started spewing ink, so i called the manufacturer as it was still under warranty, but they said as i had used non lexmark toners my warranty was void as it was the toners that had caused the problem. Called Cartridgesave, and after 3 attempts of explaining the problem to three different people they finally agreed to send some original inks to try, which didnt work. They then sent an engineer to check, who saw the problem who said it may have been the toners but wouldnt commit it to paper. He said the belt and the imaging kit need to be replaced at a cost of circa £450. So their Pinter Ptotection Guaranteee is not guaranteeing anything.
Lexmark are saying it the toners, toner people are saying its not. This has left a sour taste of both Lexmar and Cartridgesave. Will not be using either of them again.

richardd448
September 4th, 2018

Compatible High Capacity Black Canon PG-50 Ink Cartridge - (Replaces Canon 0616B001 Ink Cartridge)

Did not fit. Waste of time

hiteshk5
May 11th, 2017

Ordered individual drum units for my printer sent me the wrong tray bucket and and are not willing to either refund or replace the unit as i opened it ( but without opening who can tell if it is the right unit for my printer) same thing happened before but with non useable tonners and wasted money as they would not replace it.

Tip for consumers:
KEEP WELL AWAY READ REVIEWS BEFORE ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY.

imranq
November 18th, 2016

I bought a set of Brother compatible laser toner cartridges for just over £115 last year from Cartridge Save for my multifunction MFC-9840CDW printer.
Since then, my printer has been giving me endless trouble giving me a Print Unable 32 error which initially seemed to go away after switching the printer off then on. Gradually this problem got worse and worse to the point where the error was on continuously. Thus, I have been unable to use my printer for the last 8-9 months. It has cost me considerable amount of money and effort to get files printed from the local printers and friends and family.
I would have got another printer except for the fact that I had spent a huge amount of money on my current multifunction printer which has only printed less than 10k copies during its life.
This week I made a concerted effort to look at what was wrong. I took my printer apart from the front and back and cleaned it out. I have discovered that the fundamental problem is that the Cartridge Save toner cartridges have been leaking and dirtying the inside of the printer and ruined the transfer belt. I had to get a new transfer belt and as soon as I put the belt in, the printer started working but after a couple of times of using the printer, the error came back again! Opening the printer, I found the insides ruined again with toner which I had to spend some time to clean up again.
I have used cartridges from a few different companies where either the toner quality is not good or the companies partially fill the cartridges but I have honestly never used such appalling quality toner cartridges that leak all over the place.
I can only conclude that the reviews for this company must have been either made by naïve people who have posted immediately on receipt of their toner or by people working for or friends of the company. I never review a company immediately when I buy a product and make sure I wait some time until I have verified that the product is working.
Thankfully I have found a somewhat more reliable company that have better quality cartridges that seem to be working. Time will tell!
In any case I wont be using this company again and making sure to make all friends and family and business colleagues aware about this company and their shoddy products.

Tip for consumers:
Dont buy from this company!

davidj138
September 1st, 2015

"We want every single interaction you have with Cartridgesave.co.uk to be quick, easy and trouble-free" - complete and utter rubbish.

"One year returns on unopened items. Provided that the products are unopened, and in brand-new condition, you can send anything back to us for a full refund for up to one year after making the purchase" - even more complete and utter rubbish.

We ordered a set of toner for a Lexmark CS310 - they sent a set of toner for a Lexmark C544. Completely incompatible. Now they refuse to accept them back and refuse to give a refund.

Don't buy from cartridgesave.co.uk - a bunch of con artists that will leave you out of pocket.

"Everything we sell is covered by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee" - yeah, THEY ARE 100% SATISFIED after they've ripped you off, but you won't be.

abrahamk35
June 18th, 2020

Brilliant company, they had ink for my old printer in stock, free delivery included, ordered on Friday, delivered on Saturday, highly recommended and I'll definitely be using them again. 100%.

ML-1710D3 by Samsung

dougr3
January 12th, 2011

Non-UK natives beware this company's site and support! I have a US HP printer, ordered ink from cartridgesave.co.uk. I followed their product recommendations by specifying printer company, product, and model. It turns out cartridges are region-specific, and their site does not recognize this. The site recommended and I bought a cartridge which the printer refuses to use, displaying the message "wrong cartridge". I contacted CartridgeSave customer support; they agreed that their UK product would not work in my US product, but they have a policy forbidding refunds once the product is opened, can do nothing for me.

deanb228
June 17th, 2020

Own brand HP 304

samanthag329
July 15th, 2020

I couldn't get the correct ink at the supermarket but found it available here. Got more ink for less in the box and it arrived really quickly. Thank you, I'll be back (not too) soon!

daniell941
October 13th, 2020

I've been a happy Cartridge Save customer for the last ten years, and I've never had a problem. The delivery is fast, the prices are decent, and even the free pens are high quality! Keep it up guys.

colinb59
October 15th, 2019

I have dealt with CartridgeSave for over 10 years and have found them to be prompt and reliable. Their compatible ink and toner cartridges are magic, I have never had any problems with them. They also sell printers and I have just ordered a new printer, only a cheapy Canon TS205, nice little machine by the way.
I ordered it on Friday, and living on an off-shore Island, didn't expect next day delivery, but Monday morning, door bell goes and there is the man with the printer. How about that for service. As I said, Top Notch. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

Not in my experience, No problems with them at all

By Abraham K.