CardGames.io

CardGames.io has a consumer rating of 2.21 stars from 28 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. CardGames.io ranks 24th among Card Games sites.

How would you rate CardGames.io?

“LOL at these reviews”

Wesley B.
6/18/21

The people leaving the one star reviews make me laugh. They are bad at cribbage and keep losing and then claim the game is rigged. I win the majority of the time. It is not rigged. My only complaint is that some games become a little too easy because the opponents are very predictable. Otherwise, a great site and app!

“In euchre Bill stinks in crib as an opponent he's a genius”

Bill C.
2/17/21

Not a good site I play it a lot but recently decided to keep score in cribbage 32 games Bill 15 for me. I remember reading Bill wins around 35% it's the other way around. Just too may times the amazing Bill pulls off improbable run of high scoring cribs like 12,14 18 and I'm getting 2 4 or the odd 8. No balance

billc809
February 17th, 2021

pheladil
January 23rd, 2022

Cribbage and Yahtzee games are manipulated. You either get a pathetically easy win or Bill has statistically unlikely hand/throws.

I always go for multiplayer games.

kb602
November 23rd, 2020

Excellent choices of card games to play and I play the app everyday. Bill can be tough, but it's a FREE site. Lots of choices.

enoughwiths
February 21st, 2021

Im a beginner and I play on chess.com, chess3d and a bunch of other sites. I win against the beginner bots and lose against the medium difficulty bots. Exactly what you'd expect. But I always lose against bill jr, who is supposed to be easy, yet I often win against Bill sr, the medium bot. Just a really bad engine by a bunch of unskilled programmers.

wesleyb165
June 18th, 2021

lydiak19
August 4th, 2020

The only question I have is why? What exactly does this crappy site get out of rigging the games? It's absolute junk

heidis297
November 8th, 2020

Looking for a free website to play cards, and other games. Look no further than cardgames.io. And this year, 2020, they have added a multiplayer feature where you can play with friends or strangers. I am so thankful for this website, and I play games almost every day.

jeffp1070
February 8th, 2022

Often I can call out the cards "Bill" will play no matter the circumstances or what is on the board, as long as it brings him a 15,31, or 3 of a kind or straight &c. "Bill" ALWAYS has a five as well, especially when the cut card is a 10 or face. Thumbs Down City. I'm not a Cribbage expert but good grief.

bills1822
April 1st, 2022

I was just up 25+ late in two games of cribbage and ended up losing because the computer miraculously gets 23, then 24 points. It happens all the time!
What a joke! The computer always gets the most perfect cards, most perfect hands, at the perfect time. App used to be fun. Once you see it's rigged, it sucks!

berth54
February 18th, 2021

Once you have played a number of games you will very quickly realise it is rigged in favour of 'Bill' who gets unbelievable hands whenever you start winning. Lost count of the times he gets 12+ points in hand AND crib.
Not realistic.

annad300
March 27th, 2020

I play Rummy. When it's 2 or 4 players, "Bill" always wins. When it's 3 players, I think his name is "Mike" wins. First off, they put down almost an entire hand, conveniently runs of 3 or 4, before you even have your first turn. Second, you can't pick from the pile aside from the top card, so you see the card you need pass you by, and you have to forget any run or set you're trying to play. Third, "Bill" or "Mike" always play sets of 3 in 7s or 8s, so that messes your possibility of playing runs even more so. I gave it a try, but I'm not going to keep getting frustrated because the computer wins by 100 before I even have a turn!

dianah559
January 23rd, 2021

CardGames is great. Easy to navigate, no fees, If you want to learn how to play games better or play new games this is a great site. No annoying commercials. This site has cards games, board games and instructions on how to play. Love it!

leew526
October 11th, 2020

Cards.io cheats. This game is rigged. It cheats and its terrible. Why are they cheating! I hate this.

vincentc454
December 20th, 2021

Your review is good and there are limitations with playing against the computer, I can live with that. The difficulty with the Yahtzee game is that it becomes obvious after playing a few times against real world opponents that some can obviously manipulate the game and produce great throws that defy all statistical logic. If you've experienced this you'll know what I mean. I understand that its human nature when you're losing to assume your opponent is cheating but some of the things I've seen spoil the entire experience for honest players and I cannot trust the site. Generally a lazy avatar plus a troll type name referencing Trump or covid will be accompanied by over confident goading from the very start then either great throws from very beginning to the end or a double Yahtzee when you're well up on the opponent at the end. This is only where its obvious, I don't know how many payers resort to this more sparingly. The site needs to be tweaked to prevent this or the game has no creditability. I and many others will stop playing and the site will become untenable, a real shame.

noney27
November 27th, 2020

CARDGAMES.IO SUCKS!

missyb69
June 15th, 2021

THE ONLY GAME SITE I GO TO. WHY GO ANYWHERE ELSE? I am ecstatic when i tie a record and amazed when I break one. I am just simple folk and I really enjoy playing these games. I often wonder if I am playing against someone I know.

doeh2
January 28th, 2020

I don't know that this is deliberately rigged or just bad programming. I think the actual graphics of the cards are some of the best I have ever found because they are not over-run with annoying movements and distracting sounds of cards shuffling. Some games go way overboard and nearly give me motion sickness. However, spades and hearts don't act right at times. If think I have seen my own partner low-ball me during a Nil bid causing me to take a hand, when they could have dealt a higher card to help me out. And hearts ticks me off sometimes. The game will make sure you get the queen of spades come hell or high water. I've notice that the queen is always to my left waaaaay too often so if I take a chance and throw the Ace or King as the 3rd player in the sequence, 9 times out of 10, the queen will get played from the left. Also, I have seen toooo many times where the 2,3, and 4 of diamonds are scattered evenly and the other player doesn't have a diamond, but just so happens to have the queen of spades and plays it then. Too predictable and comes off as rigged.

dannyd126
June 27th, 2019

Some people claim it is "rigged", I state they don't understand the games.

Yes, here and there your teammate would makes unlogical decisions, so take this into account and see it as an additional dimension.

However 85% of the games work perfect and given the variety of games we shouldn't complain but enjoy free card games.

win2
April 2nd, 2020

Every game I play becomes more and more predictable. Would be fun if it was indeed random but... bull$#*!.

ldg1
March 13th, 2019

I don't remember how I found this site but I continually return to play Gin (which I've never played for real) and have learned a bit of how the game is supposed to go.

That's mainly why I ended up sticking around. Initially I lost quite a few Gin games to Bill, but after a bit I started to get a little smarter. It was easier than trying to learn the game by reading dry wikis or other sites trying to explain how to play. I also love their solitaire collection and the War card game. It's very well set up.

I think the owner is doing a great job at keeping the site updated and fun to play. I believe he is in the Netherlands and made the site up for fun.

stephenh1552
January 12th, 2022

I'm a decent cribbage player. I beat Bill approximately 50% of the time. I have noticed that this game is rigged. I expect for Bill to be marginally better than me in the crib as the optimization programming is easiest for picking crib cards. I dominate Bill in play as pegging - which is to be expected as it is the hardest thing to optimize. Where the computer's cheating is obvious the the non-random way Bill routinely achieves statistically unlikely hands late in the game. The appearance of these hands is strongly correlated to Bill being behind.

Based on a sample size of 20 rounds with average of 9 games. ~170 total games. Average score of hands dealt to Bill is strongly correlated with how late in round and if Bill is behind. Average score of 6 cards dealt to Bill is nearly 3 points higher when Bill is behind after game 5. Bill shows average higher points dealt to himself if he is behind at the beginning of the round. Pattern does not hold for me as the average score for me per game is about the same regardless of. The six cards originally dealt should be random. The fact that it isn't shows the game is rigged. Another example: in Game 8 of each of the 20 rounds Bill averaged 5 points (11.5) higher in terms of the point potential of the six card deal than I did. During the same 20 game 8's the highest six card hand I was dealt was 8, while I averaged 6 points. Either a huge statistical oddity or transparent cheating.

In addition, the computer either knows or manipulates the turn card at times. I've noticed that Bill only deviates from the highest average score + crib selection when the turn card plus the highest average score selection would have resulted in high points for myself. This deviation never happens early in the round or if Bill is ahead. Bill would either have to know what I put in the crib or what the turn card is.

shirleyc157
January 11th, 2019

I do not think the games are rigged. It's more likely a lack of probability theory knowledge and inadequate programming skills.

urm6
July 19th, 2019

It is so rigged. The computers always win and whenever you play war they always win and it doesnt make it fun for me to play.

calvinr35
April 7th, 2019

After having played at least thirty games of cribbage on this site, I was unable to win more than one. I'm not some kind of cribbage newbie. I'm not amazing, but I have been playing for several years. This game will let you get ahead a little bit in the beginning, but will get a series of improbably convenient pegging cards, followed by a ridiculous crib. Or it lets you stay ahead until the end, then gets a 20+ point hand and instantly wins the game. It's just too convenient, and doesn't match the win/lose ratio I have against real people. I can't really speak for any of the other games, but the AIs in pinochle are also a bit too lucky, which combined with the idiocy of your partner bot, makes the game unwinnable.

jakeo13
April 2nd, 2018

This game is rigged. No matter how good you play or far you get ahead, you will still lose. Sure, you will get a few wins so you keep coming back but in the end it is rigged and it is clear.

The game(s) are only as good as the people who programmed them. When playing crib it's amazing how many times Bill gets his cut hm...

By Stephen B.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the CardGames.io staff and other customers.

CardGames.io is a collection of classic card games, solitaires and puzzle games. Have fun playing your old favorites :)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CardGames.io?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.2
Have a question about CardGames.io?