Camp America

Camp America has a consumer rating of 4.86 stars from 43 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Camp America also ranks 5th among Jobs Other sites.

• I've had a fantastic time going to summer camp in America through Camp America.
  • The application process as a whole is easy to get through, this includes the interview part.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Camp America?

“Best experience EVER”

Benjamin B.
11/23/15

The Camp America program is absolutely extraordinary. In one summer spent on an American Summer Camp, I made lifelong friends, I grew exponentially as a person, and I had the best time of my life. Camp America made the entire process exceptionally easy. Their customer service is unparalleled, their support from before application to arrival back in the UK is excellent. This is by far the best agency, and the only one I would ever use!

“AVOID ARBUTUS HAYOWENTHA”

joellen v.
5/9/16

I'd avoid Arbutus Hayowentha if I were you. One of my friends had a minor problem with drinking at a campfire, WHILE ON HER TIME OFF She was legal to drink in her home country and didn't expect any problems in the US. She got a ticket for underage drinking in US. No big deal, but the camp director fired her immediately, despite the fact that she wasn't on camp time! No help was offered, she was basically just dismissed in a rural area in northern michigan. By the way, others at the same campfire did not get dismissed. There are clearly favorites from the camp director, and if you end up on her bad side, good luck to you.

summer camp (10) application process (5) recruitment fairs (5) summer 2015 (4) 3 summers (3) new york (4) new jersey (3) camp experience (3)
benjaminb44
November 23rd, 2015

Tip for consumers: Add a video to your application!

liamc21
November 23rd, 2015
I loved my summer at camp and I'm so excited at the prospect of returning. Camp America isn't just for self-assured, sporty people - there are camps for people from all different backgrounds and skills, and the experience has given me so much more than just another thing to scrawl on a CV; friends abroad, increased confidence and amazing memories!
alexandrad8
November 23rd, 2015
Camp America was the single greatest experience of my life which is why I'm going back next Summer for my second year. There is nothing else in the world that I've discovered so far that compares to spending 3 months on a summer camp with awesome kids and amazing counselors. I made some life long friends in my co-counselors and that was just the icing on top of an already perfect summer camp cake!
sarap38
November 25th, 2015
Earlier this year I spent the best 3 months of my life at Camp Louemma in New Jersey through the Camp America Program. I was incredibly nervous at first and wasn't entirely sure that summer camp was for me, but the Camp America staff were constantly on hand to help giving you great advice and tips on how to sell yourself and achieve a great placement for the summer!
I am now half way through my application to spend a second summer in the USA - and I can't thank Camp America enough for the opportunity.
rachela27
November 23rd, 2015
Could not fault the office or the service in any way, the guys and girls in the office do so so much for each applicant and have always helped me out. They care and want you to have an awesome summer! After being hired at one of their super recruitment fairs and becoming a two time returner I absolutely love CA and cannot thank and praise them enough. If you want to go to camp for summer you shouldn't be using any other organisation, the original and the best. CA!
hanh10
November 23rd, 2015
3 years ago I was hired at the recruitment fair in Edinburgh and that was the moment that my life began to change. Camp America is quite honestly the best experience I have ever had, it allowed me to make friends, see the world work with truly inspiring people and find myself all at the same time. It is an experience I recommend to anyone and everyone because it truly is an experience like no other and a summer away with camp America really will be the best summer ever.

Tip for consumers: If you need any help don't hesitate to ask anyone on the team they're all super nice, super friendly and incredibly helpful!

morgans35
November 23rd, 2015
Camp America are one of a kind whom I would highly recommend. They are always well organised and willing to help in best way possible. They are always contactable and are very efficient. The application process as a whole is easy to get through, this includes the interview part. All of the interviewers are very helpful and go out of their way to make this process be the best it can. Their website is a great place for information and the forum is very helpful, helping you find out and answers to questions you have and getting you to meeting people from the same camp as you when the all important placement comes around. Even when in the USA they are still there ready to assist you with their USA team in close reach at all times. I cam currently applying for my third summer and would not change it for the world! So if you would like the summer of a life time apply for Camp America... You won't regret it!
hazelg7
November 23rd, 2015
In the summer of 2015, I worked on a children's summer camp in Massachussetts USA. I was able to have this experience through the Camp America agency. Camp America are extremely efficient in recruiting as many people as possible to work on summer camas across America. The annual recruitment fairs are an excellent example of this. Any questions or worries I had were quickly answered in the run up to my trip from their London office and also whilst I was in the states, from their Stamford office. They provide everything you will need in terms of paperwork and exceptional advice in terms of preparation for the experience. Camp America is the most reliable agency for recruitment on a summer camp and I encourage everyone to sign up.
naomil10
November 23rd, 2015
Camp America is a fantastic cultural exchange programme which gives students or young people a chance to work in the USA for the summer, as well as up to 30 days of travelling thereafter. The CA team make the whole process simple and stress free, enabling students to carry on with their studies or jobs in the run up to summer. CA also organise recruitment fairs which allow applicants to get hired on the spot, whilst also gives applicants a chance to meet their potential employers for the summer. The team are quick to reply to emails and concerns, and are efficient, cooperative and helpful. I would definitely recommend Camp America to anyone thinking of spending their summer working at a summer camp in the US!

Tip for consumers: Click the 'download brochure' link to get detailed information of what Camp America can offer.

jessicas119
November 24th, 2015
Camp America has changed my life, I have spent 3 summers working on a summer camp in Massachusetts and I'm heading out for my 4th summer in May. It has given me so much more confidence in my own skills and abilities. I've made the most amazing friends and memories, nothing will ever come close to the experience I've had, I am so thankful to be given this opportunity.
frans40
November 23rd, 2015
I have been going to camp for 3 summers now and it was the best decision of my life, I have met the most amazing people and had incredible experiences. Camp America are a great organisation for securing placements for applicants and are always at the end of the phone or quickly responding to emails for support on anything from visas to interviews.
lucyh16
November 23rd, 2015
Doing Camp America was the best decision I ever made - it built my confidence, gave me a taste of a different culture and gave me friends for life! The process was easy with help all along the way and I knew I was in good hands from the start. If anyone is questioning whether to apply, don't think and just do it! You will have the best summer ever.
gabriellak
November 23rd, 2015
Amazing support from beginning until the end! Lots of help available during the application and placement stages. Always quick replies and easy to contact when I had queries. Great to see the office staff when they visited camp too! Looking forward to next summer already :)
huww
November 24th, 2015
After 3 years working at Camp Hayowentha, Camp America have been great! I was placed at the London recruitment fair in 2013, I didn't have many skills, but past child care experience and a persistent attitude got me placed. Visas, flights and insurance was all made easy thanks to the CA staff. Not only was their support team great in the UK, but in America too. In three years, I have had friends who have had family emergencies, needed to move to another camp or just needed help and advice, Camp America has always delivered. If you want the best chance at getting hired and have the security in knowing you're not alone, choose Camp America.
hannahs39
November 23rd, 2015
Camp America - 2 words that will change your life. Doing Camp America was honestly the best thing I could've done. Waiting anxiously at Heathrow airport, I began to question why I was doing this. But it was honestly so worth it. From day 1 of the application process, Camp America were extremely helpful and made the process so simple. This feeling of reassurance continued throughout the application process and even whilst being in America. The summer will be amazing, and camp will make you a more independent person. Trust me when I say you'll be talking about camp for months afterwards. If you're thinking about doing Camp America, do it. It will be the best decision you ever make.
amya39
November 23rd, 2015
I can't even begin to explain just how amazing my experience was. From the day I hit 'apply', the journey has been incredible and I can't thank Camp America enough for giving me this opportunity. I learned so many new skills, immersed myself in a totally new culture, developed my independence and have met many wonderful people who I value so much and now call best friends. The people I met along the way (kids at camp, fellow camp counsellors and other travellers) and all my experiences have really touched and inspired me in a way I didn't know I could be. Camp America has instilled in me a sense of worth and belonging, it allowed me to get to know myself in a way I simply couldn't at home. If you want to have an unforgettable summer, make amazing new friends and memories, but also want to learn about yourself and develop your own personal skills and qualities, then Camp America is for you!
harryk32
November 23rd, 2015
Camp America was such abs amazing summer. It's now almost December and I didn't expect to still be singing camp songs and messaging friends I made over the summer. Why would you not want to spend all day in the sun in America? I also went travelling after to New York and California which was amazing as I went with the friends I made from camp
emmac60
November 24th, 2015
Love working with children, have a passion for a skill and the love and ambition to travel. Camp America has given me all those things! I have been a life guard for the past 3 summers in the USA! The friends you meet, the children you teach and the environment you live in are a mixture of wonderful things during your time as a camp counsellor! Now on my 3rd year as a Brand Manager and 2nd year as a interviewer. Camp America has changed my life! 5* :D
hannahp17
November 23rd, 2015
Having wanted to take part in this program for years, I finally got the opportunity this past summer and Im so glad I did it. Spending 9 weeks in the US was incredible, and even better than I thought it would be! I learnt so much, had so much fun and both the british and american people I've met really made it the experience it was. The support you get from the CA program along the whole application process and whilst you're out there makes it a whole lot simpler and takes away any potential worries (even when you miss your home flight)! Definitely would recommend to anyone who wants an incredible summer - GO FOR IT!
katieo8
November 23rd, 2015
When I first applied to Camp America never would I have dreamt that camp would become something so important to me! I work 9 months of the year to live the American Dream at camp the other 3 - best thing I've ever done. I've done camp four times now and without the support from camp America in the application process and throughout my time in the states I definitely wouldn't have returned so many times (and contemplating a fifth?!).
sophiec14
November 23rd, 2015
Thanks to Camp America I had the most stress free and secure experience before I even travelled across the pond! I had the best summer ever working as a lifeguard in New Jersey, then travelling to the West coast with other CA staff. Even while I was out in America the 24/7 support that CA provided was brilliant, we even had a member of the CA staff come visit us on camp! BEST SUMMER EVER!
nateg3
November 24th, 2015
I've had a fantastic time going to summer camp in America through Camp America. They've made the whole process really easy with fantastic support, help and guidance. I would definitely recommend anybody out there to go with Camp America, you won't regret it!
thomask52
November 23rd, 2015
There will be more than one cliché in this review but unfortunately it is true! I had the best summer ever, met some incredible people, had a lot of fun and (here comes another) found out a lot more about myself. I cannot recommend it highly enough so if you are thinking about it, just do it!
sophiel14
November 23rd, 2015
I went to a Girl Scouts camp in upstate New York and I wouldn't change it for the world, I had one of the best summers in my life, I got the chance to work with hundreds of young girls and some amazing international and domestic staff! I became archery trained and I now no more arts and crafts than ever and own so much tye dye! During break my time off I got the chance to go see Niagra falls, celebrate 4th of July and go home with a camper who made me feel like family! After camp I decided to travel West coast and go to Vegas, California, Arizona literally I lived the American Dream! Without camp Americas help at recruitment fairs, interviews and Twitter I wouldn't of enjoyed my summer enough!
jessican27
November 23rd, 2015
Excellent help and service from CA on all aspects, from application to actually getting to the US.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Camp America staff and other customers.

Offering cultural exchange USA summer jobs in America for over 40 years! Camp America? Offers summer camp employment in the USA! An experience of a lifetime!

alexr92
Alex R.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Camp America?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.9
Have a question about Camp America?