Cactus Kingdom

Cactus Kingdom has a consumer rating of 4.2 stars from 51 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Cactus Kingdom ranks 5th among Plants sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 16 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 81.3%
How would you rate Cactus Kingdom?

“Awesome store”

Tara B.
2/8/21

Cactus was exactly as I expected, packaging was great because the delivery guy decided to put it upside down! Came faster than what the shipping said, definitely will be shopping there again!

“Review”

Matt L.
6/1/21

The tracking info was never sent/updated. My cactus was sitting at the post office for a couple days without me knowing. When I contacted cactus kingdom it seemed like this happened often.

tarab298
February 8th, 2021

mattl356
June 1st, 2021

Hi Matt,
If a package is delivered to a post office for pickup a notification card is should be left at the door indicating where and when to pick it up. *Assuming a notice card was indeed left by the postal worker; most people are able to read their notification slips and pick up their parcels without delay. Sorry you experienced a delay.
We are glad to hear everything was received well.
Thank you!

andreww1247
June 24th, 2021
Verified purchase

A few months in, every variety of seed has sprouted. Overall, very high take rate with the seeds I received. I would definitely purchase again if I'm looking for more fun succulents or cacti to grow.

shawnb456
May 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

Bought a bunch of seeds, not only did they ship fast but I've had good germination rates so far and the price was very agreeable. Thanks cactus kingdom we will be doing business again in the future

sallye81
March 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

I had an problem understanding the products and their use. Customer service rep kept asking questions until we resolved the issue

dominickd36
April 5th, 2021

Quick processing and delivery
More than ten seeds per pack
Huge variety
Very grateful for this shop, I'm going to be ordering repeatedly in the future ( currently have another order in processing)

amandaw944
May 21st, 2021
Verified purchase

I ordered a live cactus that arrive already with root rot after waiting forever for it to even arrive. I had someone more experienced with cactus let me know i wasted $65 as the base of the peyote is squishy. I begrudgingly ordered more seeds and also regret that now as the processing and shipping is the longest I've ever experienced.

Hi Amanda W,
Why did it take 3 months to come to this conclusion?
You ordered your cactus back on March 8th. This is the first time we are hearing about any issues with the plant 3 months later and after you have placed other orders. When you were emailing us regrading your difficulty with the newest order why was this again not mentioned? We suspect, if we did send a rotting cactus you would not have ordered again one month later. Squishy does not mean rot root. If you want a proper diagnosis on what is actually going on without speculating please contact us directly regarding your cactus.

We cannot be perpetually responsible for a plants welfare many months later, especially with difficult cacti that require special care. We provide all the tools required to care for these special gems and are glad to answer any questions. I understand you may be angry, however at some point you are responsible for the survival of your plant months later!

Regarding your second order - It took one week to process and ship as it was a large seed order. Understandably Canada Post shipping is delayed nation wide due to the on-going pandemic and workplace restrictions. There is a note regarding this front and centre on the website warning of the shipping delays and I think everyone understands this. We do also offer express shipping online if something is urgent, however, again it wasn't selected.

Growing rare succulents and cacti from seed may be the wrong hobby with such little patience. All good things come to those who wait.

juliaf169
January 17th, 2021
Verified purchase

It took a while to receive my order, about 4-5 weeks, but I was send bonus seeds because of such a long wait. They did reply the same day when I sent them an email looking for shipment ETA. Good overall. I would order from them again

beckyh202
February 14th, 2021
Verified purchase

I cannot give a true rating as i have not received my order yet.its been 10 days according to the purchase date starting to wonder if i will recieve it

Matt M. – Cactus Kingdom Rep

Hi Becky, there are some pretty big delays across the country due to Covid-19 slowdowns. Please allow some more time.
Thank you for your patience.

bradleyb277
July 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

My few times buying stuff from this stores website and I am not disappointed on how quickly everything arrives. Cannot wait for more different cacti to add to my collection thanks to these guys for starting me off.

tusiap
May 25th, 2021
Verified purchase

Here is the most relevant fact to date.

I spoke with Canada Post, no claims have been opened with the package tracking you sent me. Canada Post also informed me that the package actually originated from USA (not Calgary), so if I had in fact received damaged goods due to shipper error, the original sender (you) would have to open a claim with the private shipping company you used to get it from the states.

You told me you opened up a claim with Canada Post and whether or not I got a refund (for an obviously mouldy and liquifing Cactus on arrival) was solely in their hands now.

You are lying, and stealing $125 from a repeat customer (2nd purchase) who was excited to continue supporting your business. Shame on you.

A few more facts since I've seen how CK responds to honest bad reviews:

-it took 3 weeks to ship my order (only after I messaged to determine why it hadn't shipped after 2 weeks.

-after it shipped I waited, more than the time you ask for on your site, to inquire for shipping tracking. I received that info on the day it was arriving at my home.

-late spring delivery so all temperatures while traveling were far above 0°. You claim it froze along the way on a 5 day trip from Calgary to Vancouver. Temperatures were between 5° - 20° between Calgary and Vancouver, the was no "unseasonably cold weather" at the time of transit

-A 10" Cactus wrapped in a few pieces of newspaper in a fitted package. No heating pad. If it was unseasonably cold as they say, why not heat pad?

-I messaged you the second I opened it to inform you it wasn't healthy (I already had a bad feeling and didn't want to be blamed for it's condition moving forward).

-when I was lucky enough to get an email back you just fed me boxed responses that very painfully ignored relevant questions I posed to you.

-It took a week for you to agree that it was in fact a rotting Cactus, though you said it was perfectly healthy when it left where ever it came from.

- After telling me you were going to send another Cactus once you had received a photo of the shipping label (I don't understand why that was needed from me) I requested a refund instead, as I didn't want another sick Cactus infecting my other plants. This led to my current situation and why I even called Canada Post to confirm the obvious lies you were feeding me.

-I sent an interac transfer, not a credit card payment, so I can't even file a fraud claim through them.

-first negative review I've ever felt the need to write, unfortunately it's already too much of my money, time and energy spent on this shameful way to do business. I'm not the kind of person who thinks the customer is always right. I do think people should treat others the way they want to be treated, and businesses should respect their customers, especially those with no physical presence where there is no way to actually speak to a human being to receive any level of customer service... though now it makes sense why there is no tangible way to contact this company other than through emails which they ignore.

I included the emails CK sent so you can see how they communicate.

**update** They have now responded with a bunch of lies back to me, I sent plenty of good photos and videos, before and after it started liquifying, I have an excellent camera. The fact still remains they are telling me to "trust the process and that my refund will come through the claim they put in with the shipper". I spoke with the shipping company, no claims has been filed with them. Perhaps Cactus Kingdom should have trusted their customer when they messaged them on opening the package to let them know that the cactus was extremely soft and obviously sick.

I added these emails as proof. Crooks don't admit when they are stealing or lying, they do everything in their power to push back and cover their lies and shift blame.

Hi Tusia Poznanski,
Thank you for the review and we are sorry you feel the way you do. As you know much of what you say is either exaggerated or simply untrue. It’s not surprising either, as you were a very difficult customer to deal with from the start, always hassling and creating problems even before we shipped. There was always a issue, always a complaint, no matter how much we tried. You displayed anger in very long, drawn out and reparative monologues. Everything has a reason, even if you don’t fully understand the process. Its better not to make far reaching assumptions. Please see our terms online, we have adhered to them from the onset. A one day delay in response is interpreted as ignoring and the list of excessive hostility because of misinterpretation goes on. What you fail to recognize or choose to fabricate lies about it that we have sincerely tried to help from the start. A replacement was offered and packaged promptly but apparently even that was not enough. We have had over 10,000 interactions with happy customers our website and other platforms and our reviews are consistently 4.5 stars or above on all of them. At this point you are only feeding your ego in your quest for vengeance. It’s counterproductive for us to engage with you any further. This precious time is better spent growing plants and pleasing normal people. I hope you are able to conquer your demons. CK

brens13
January 21st, 2021
Verified purchase

Just received my package in the mail today. Was very careful and thoughtfully packaged, with no damage to the Cacti whatsoever. Was apprehensive to order in the winter months, but they arrived healthy and intact. Will definitely be a repeat customer!

jeanphilippeg3
December 15th, 2020

Good and fast shipping.
Seed packs were lebelled
Very good support via email:)
Will order again, thx

williaml1302
February 9th, 2021
Verified purchase

The package arrived quickly, etransfer payment is fairly simple. I'd be happy to purchase from Cactus Kingdom again.

chriss2825
February 8th, 2021
Verified purchase

Great customer service regarding status of payment and shipping. Plants arrived healthy and happy. Followed instructions and patiently awaiting growth. Thanks!

juliad132
March 5th, 2020

Excellent selection, very helpful, was able to finally find a few cacti I had been searching for including a peyote cactus after looking everywhere, staff knows their stuff. Cacti are looking excellent.

mikel1418
March 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

Very easy to pay and very fast service. Thank you. Have not germinated yet, but usually have no problem in that area

danmaryf
September 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

None of my seeds grew, I did my regular process. As I do with others, because I already have some experience. Although I did it, none of it worked and they all just sat there and not a single plant came out

celines32
December 14th, 2020
Verified purchase

I ordered a 4" pot of string of pearls succulent. The pot was a bit empty. There were just a few strings (stems) and those were quite short (less than 5in in general, even 2-3in mostly).

Matt M. – Cactus Kingdom Rep

Thank you for your purchase of our 4” $14 sting of pearls plant. It sounds like you got the correct plant, with multiple stems in the correct size, and in length, as advertised in the description with photos. Anywhere else this plant would be $35 +. As a courtesy, we also upgraded the shipping for you to a premium express service at no extra cost - this should also be acknowledged.
It’s not really reasonable to expect to receive a larger plant than what was ordered and then leave a review based on those expectations. If you desired a larger plant, it was very possible to just order the correct size. This is why a few sizes are offered.
When we reached out for more information and photos on this experience you declined to cooperate.
Wishing you all the best for 2021! CK

benh469
February 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I ordered San Pedro Cactus seeds. They came quickly considering the disruptions in mail service caused by Covid-19. I appreciate the quick service. Here's hoping that the seeds will sprout!

po36
July 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

Bought cactus seeds and growing kit. Arrived in a week and germinated within 3-5 days

normanp84
May 1st, 2021

Very satisfied.
Quick dispatch and delivery.
Of 3 stores I bought from, these arrived first.

alexandrer40
May 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

Well the seeds were small, so I didn't count them properly.
And I got adapted mail shipping when I asked.

joshl242
August 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

The seeds didn't germinate...,...,...,.,.,...,...,...

ervinp8
January 29th, 2021
Verified purchase

The seeds were delivered in a nice package and were in great shape.The real problem may be if they germinate. I planted them when I got them and now have to wait to see the germination rate.

My plants are so happy! I was worried about having them sent by mail but they arrived in great shape and they always answered my questions quickly when I was worried.

By Julia D.

Unique products, and customer service definitely made me choose Cactus Kingdom.

By Julia D.

I haven't found any. They carry a very unique selection of cacti I wasn't able to locate anywhere else. Prices are good too.

By Julia D.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Cactus Kingdom staff and other customers.

Cactus Kingdom is an online mail-order nursery specializing in rare cacti and succulents. We carry live cacti and succulents, seeds and supplies.

Matt M.
Typically responds within 16 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cactus Kingdom?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.2
Have a question about Cactus Kingdom?