Boatsforsalebyowners.net reviews

Bellmore, New York, United States
Tel: +1 800-872-2628

pieterd10
7/21/19
Since my boat was located on a Caribbean island brokers did not want to or just weren't interested in dealing with me. This site was fantastic. I had quite a few calls and finally was successful in selling my boat.They were even able to adjust the ad part way through due to some changes in the boat.
nicks342
6/8/19
Howard went the extra mile , he explained everything the way will work , what are they doing .
It helped for my knowledge as well.
justinc247
5/6/19
Very easy to have your boat listed across multiple platforms. Quick and easy listing and very pleasant sales representative. Highly recommend!
jonz15
3/27/19
Howard went out of his way to get my listing up to date and posted after a disappointing listing else where. Within two weeks,I had three offers,two at my asking price and one slightly below it. This, after trying to sell it myself for several months on a generic selling page. Howard also was there, to counsel me, when I had one proposal that was too good to be true(a scam).
I probably will not have another boat to sell,but I will encourage several friends to use this website when they are selling their boats!
williamw512
2/14/19
Good results, wasn't going to list until the Spring, but Howard said many boats sell in the Winter so I listed it. Only a few months before a buyer came along and we made a deal.
I am happy with the results.
jamesm1650
2/14/19
I tried selling my boat on Craigslist and other free sites the end of last season and showed the boat a couple time but no sale. BFSBO told me to increase my price significantly when I advertised with them because I had it priced too low. I was really sceptical but agreed to try it.

The boat sold at the new higher price in 2 months mid winter and I got to keep an extra thousand dollars after paying the price of advertising on BFSBO! I'm a believer!!!
ionelf
11/16/18
Affordable way to get your boat listed on many websites and still talk to potential buyers directly.
marcusb113
9/11/18
Sold within one week after being on other sites for weeks! Very easy to work with and tons of exposure.
joet203
9/10/18
I had my Sea ray posted in couple different sites Facebook, Craigslist etc. lots of calls but nothing. Once I post on for sale by owner my boat sold. I asked the guy where he seen it listed and he said everywhere. It kept popping up every site I went on.
ronniek40
9/10/18
A Friend told me about BFSBO so I listed my baja29outlaw on boats for sale by owners and I sold the boat with in a month by i decided to keep it and then i turned around and i sold it again a month later. They helped me with all the wording in the add these guys were good.I will refer anyone who is trying to sell their boat BFSBO thanks for all your help.
bryanm193
8/29/18
My experience with BFSBO was great! They are very professional and easy to work with. I was able to sell my Southbay within 10 days of listing it with them. I highly recommend them if you are in the need to sell a boat.
chuckv14
8/18/18
I was told about BFSBO thru a friend who sold his boat with this company. The Guys that helped me get the add and wording on site were fantastic. I had a lot doubt at first but after talking with these guys I was very comfortable. I will refer anyone that I see trying to sell any boats. Very good experience. Thank You Very Much BFSBO

Tip for consumers: Spend the money for the add. You will sell your Boat!

dawnh184
7/22/18
Thank You Howard for all your help with selling our Albin 43 , in less then a week. With such a small fee ! All I can say is Wow! this site brought the perfect new owner to love and enjoy our Gem.We give this site a 5 star rating.
randallc57
6/28/18
Better than trying to do it on your own. You get a lot of interest from buyers within a reasonable distance. Sold the boat in under a week and got more.
mikeo155
6/24/18
I had been posting for a few months on my own, getting sporadic texts and calls. I posted on June 7 on boatsforsabyowners and on June 23rd I received cash for my boat, got 97% of asking price. I experienced a really nice surge in interest (calls, texts, emails) some were just fishing but several with real interest. My boat was a 1993 Sport Nautique. I would use this service again for sure if I ever sell a boat. Thanks!
jeffreyd105
6/7/18
Terrific service, sold in less than thirty days. Howard's awesome and provided terrific feedback and support. Easy!!
andreww313
5/24/18
Howard was very easy to work with! Communication was excellent. I have used other local sites in the past and this was the best way to blanket the market. Thank you
Andy
doreenh17
5/17/18
Received an enquiry two days the ad. was published and sold the boat
within 2 weeks. The buyer had previously seen the boat in Montauck, LI .and
spoken to the owner,my deceased husband, a couple of years ago.
What a small world!
rickg84
4/20/18
I originally had the boat on Craigslist. I received two emails from people that saw the boat on Craigslist and recommended I used the boat for sale by owners site. I joined the site and it worked out great. I was able to sell the boat in a month. It could of sold quicker but the bad spring weather hasn't helped get people into the boating mood. I highly recommend this site over Craigslist.
donnac225
3/29/18
I decided to try and sell my boat using Boat Trader for two weeks. Then I received a call from Howard suggesting I allow him to post my ad on 12 additional sites for a fee. I needed a quick sale so I agreed. Less than a week later the buyer saw it on one of the additional sites, contacted me, flew from NC to FL and bought the boat! I would recommend using this service as it sure worked for me! Donna
2000 Mainship 390
michaels821
3/27/18
Howard listed my 2006 Carver ACMY in Jan, the deal was closed in March. Person who bought the boat saw the ads on Boats FSBO. This was done without a broker, they saved me thousands!
marshalls29
3/15/18
They posted my boat on at least a dozen sites including high traffic ski/wakeboard sites.Very happy with their service.
robertl324
1,207 helpful votes
3/15/18
The main reason I gave boats fsbo only three stars, and this goes for all sites, is their .net address.

The first three rules for a successful retail business is Location, Location, Location. All about exposure. The main rule for a successful site is get a .com url address. Again about exposure. Few, very few, sites make it big with anything else, simply because the vast number of people go there. People equals exposure, and exposure means sales...which leads to the next reason...

Money. These people lead you to believe their service is free, "No Fees" or whatever, but they are getting paid somehow. Someone has to pay, and that means You, as their customer, the one who is going to deal with the money. If it's advertising they get their money from, remember you still must pay, and that means being inundated with ads later..yet that is the cheap way out.

My advice either way is to shop first. There are many other places and medea: newspapers, magazines, flyers, radio & tv, billboards...the list is long, but the main thing you want is that exposure. In this that means the largest number of people you..meaning they..can reach for the money. The way to find that is to shop. Make a list of the things that will offer you the most convenience and check some out for their stats. Render that down to money per person and take the best deal.

Do remember there are lies. Apps are a good example. You see "100,000 Downloads!" but that doesn't tell you how many people offed it later because it turned out to be junk. So if there are any that balk, stall, or don't post their stats, chalk them off. Those that are real and good are proud of their stats. If you shop you eliminate most of the chance of the unknown, and usually save money as well.

The last thing is that this site may be as good as any or better, but that doesn't stop you from listing with more places. Just watch the cost per person and you may find that listing with several is better than just one.

Questions? Get answers from the Boatsforsalebyowners.net staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Boatsforsalebyowners.net