BitdeFender

BitdeFender has a consumer rating of 3 stars from 2 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. BitdeFender ranks 41st among Cyber Security sites.

How would you rate BitdeFender?

“WARNING: Bitdefender Total Security Update leads to loss of data access”

Thomas N.
11/13/20

After the installation of the current Bitdefender Total Security Update, my Bitdefender "data vaults" - and thus all of my relevant data - are no longer accessible, even though you have given assurances. According to your commitment, "Customers with subscriptions to Bitdefender Total Security 2020, Bitdefender Internet Security 2020, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2020 and earlier versions can continue to use these features indefinitely as long as they wish to use their current versions." I tried to retrieve the "contents of Bitdefender File Vaults" with the bdfvcl file, as you did in your instructions. https://central.bitdefender.com/support/*******353/article/38152 The recovery was unsuccessful despite several attempts; the destination folder is empty; the files are not accessible. I even re-install Bitdefender - but this also didn't work. I contacted the Bitdefender Customer Support via chat - 2 times. NO SOLUTION. They promised to help - NO FEEDBACK AT ALL AFTER 1 DAY. SO - YOU BETTER DON'T USE the update for Bitdefender Total Security 2020 - if you don't like to loose access to your data. For me a disaster as I can't do online trading without the locked data!

thomasn399
November 13th, 2020

For me a disaster as I can't do online trading without the locked data!

Questions? Get answers from the BitdeFender staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BitdeFender?

Have a question about BitdeFender?