Berkshire Hathaway reviews

Tel: 1-888-395-6349
berkshire@berkshirehathaway.com

rickm305
12/11/18

Fact: I was referred to Berkshire Hathaway by Pentagon Federal Credit Union in order to participate in Penfed's Real Estate Rewards program. The program was contingent upon purchasing a property from a referred Realtor.

Fact: I purchased a home utilizing the Berkshire Hathaway referred agent.

Fact: Berkshire Hathaway refused to honor the referral agreement which voided Penfed's real estate reward costing buyer over $2000.00.

Fact: National Association of Realtors code of ethics Article 1 standard of Practice 1.4 states: REALTORS®, when seeking to become a buyer/tenant representative, shall not mislead buyers or tenants as to savings or other benefits that might be realized through use of the REALTOR®'s services.

Fact: Berkshire Hathaway's referral agreement with Penfed expired but BH did not disclose this fact to buyer - a violation of the code of ethics that they subscribe to as Realtors. When broker was encouraged to do the ethical thing and honor the referral fee, he threatened to sue the buyer and hung up on him.

jk269
11/14/18

Can't say enough bad things about them. They rent us a property, make us pay for things that were broke prior to our arrival, then a water pipe goes, say its covered by insurance and we still have to pay $75. They switch a entire payment system, with NO NOTICE, double charging my account so I had $700 locked up for 4 weeks. They said oh, we see about getting you a refund once the funds clear our account, 4 weeks later and no refund check so I just had to use it for the next months rent. And if I didn't see it right away and added extra funds into that account I would have had to pay over $100 in bounced payment fees. By random luck I saw it happen it the day of so I avoided it. Stay Away!

lisag483
10/3/18

Very very difficult to work with. All they want you to do is lower price so low you give your property away. First Agent did not do her job by any stretch of the imagination and lost over 20K from original price after being told to paint and put new carpet. Horrible expertise of a first agent.

derrickl34
9/24/18

Trying to rent a home in town and the agent has been jerking us around for 2 weeks now and is refusing to return calls/texts. That is not how you do business. Do not do any business with this company.

lindaa305
9/24/18

WE STARTED OUR HOME SEARCH IN MAY 2018 WITH OUR REALTOR GARRETT KING. WE ENDLESSLY SEARCHED HOME AFTER HOME WITH HIM UNTIL WE FOUND OUR PERFECT HOME. GARRETT SPENT ENDLESS HOURS WITH US ALL OVER ABOUT 4 COUNTIES IN THREE MONTHS. HE ALWAY ANSWERED HIS PHONE EVERYTIME WE CALLED HIM AND WAS ALWAYS AVAILABLE FOR US. HE DESERVES MORE CREDIT WITH YOUR COMPANY THAN ANY REALTOR I HAVE EVER MET! WE ARE TRULY BLESSED FOR GARRETT FOR FINDING US OUR PERFECT HOME! HE DESERVES ALL THE PRAISE FOR HIS AMAZING EFFORTS AND CARING FOR HIS CUSTOMERS,
SINCERELY AND FOREVER GREATFUL! THANKS GARRETT KING!!!
THE ATHEYS

pattiw45
8/27/18

I will NEVER bring another car into David Maus for repairs. I own 3 Toyota's and drive from Kissimmee to Sanford because the service was always fair and attentive. Well, that is no longer the case. I brought my Tundra in because I was having a problem with it. I did not have an appointment so I dropped it off on a Sunday afternoon because it is a very long drive from where I live and it wouldn't drive over 40mph. After explaining what I was experiencing I asked to have an oil change completed while it was there as well as having the seatbelt checked because the light on the dash stays lit. I was assured that I would receive a call the next day. Monday afternoon I received no call so I called to find out the status and didn't receive a call back until Tuesday afternoon. At that time I was told the problem with the truck was actually covered by an extension of the warranty by Toyota. Great news, right? Not so much, the truck wouldn't be ready until the following Tuesday because there were no parts. I was also told the seatbelt light was on because the sensor in the buckle was bad and it was about $250 to replace it. I did not approve that replacement. The truck is 10 years old and I can live with the light. I just needed the oil changed and the warranty work done.

A week goes by, no call. I leave a number of messages and finally get a call that the part still wasn't available so it would most likely be the end of the week when it would be available. Friday comes and again, no call so I leave messages again. Miraculously, I call a call back late that afternoon that the truck is ready to pick up. At this point, I'm out of town until Monday. When I call on Monday to confirm it's ready to go I have to leave a message and get a call late in the day. The truck is ready to pick up and we have changed the oil, done a "safety check", done the warranty work and replaced the seat belt sensor. I informed the service associate Laura that I did not authorize that replacement. After almost 2 weeks I was understandably irritated and didn't say it in my inside voice. I asked for a manager because I wasn't going to pay for a repair I didn't ask for.

When the manager returned my call I was greeted by an individual who informed me that I couldn't threatened to come in and cause a scene. If I was going to cause a scene, I wouldn't have asked for manager to call me back, I would have gone there and caused a scene. After sharing my saga with the manager he basically said you know what? We' ll just put your truck back the way it was, charge you for the oil change and you can just come get it. It's late in the day and frankly my day started very early. Wow! Is all I can say! Apparently nothing else I shared with this manager meant anything because his employee provided me with wonderful service and the fact that I am a loyal customer means absolutely nothing. If I could give them no stars I would. AND I WILL NEVER TAKE ANOTHER ONE OF MY VEHICLES THERE FOR SERVICE AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU!!!!!

In fact, I'm not sure I will even buy another Toyota at this point. And if I do, it won't be from David Maus.

xavierm34
8/16/18

Two years of renting paying my rent on time every month and can't get any maintenance work done inside or outside after requesting for a year they only care about getting the money and the hell with the tenants and the condition of tenants living.

sandyj65
7/20/18

Extremely pushy, does not respect th tenant all! Wants to come and view the property and even tho we told her how sick the family has been, still pushy and down right rude!

aimeeh28
6/26/18

John Murphy is my rental property manager. After continuous attempts to get the AC in my house fixed he has yet to do so and has threatened to evict me because I am understandably upset. I have lived here 1.5 years and had the AC serviced 8 times with no resolution.

peterr243
6/12/18

Great agent, great person. She puts her clients first and works extremely to help meet all of her clients Real Estate needs. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

danielk261
6/6/18

I have never been more dissapointed in my life they are very unprofessional and i have been here a month and still have no dish washer microwave and all the drains are stopped up and no copy of the lease and the office is bogus and not where they say it is i would highly reccomend that you stay away also when we had the water tunned on the whole place flooded what a joke

paulp187
4/19/18

How can a company sell a loan buy back the house repair the house and sell the house to their non bank business again. First a house goes into default with low money down and most likely paid more than they could afford the house, house falls into an insurance claim PMI. Bank gets paid full value. Now Zillow gets these to dump back into the market through auction services now is trying to buy houses hires Berkshire (who is also trying to buy USG) to fix the house back up. Then Zillow sells the house buyer gets another non bank loan through Berkshire. Berkshire sells at a higher cost on the back of a bad loan deal incredible right. Is this what the Republicans had in mind by giving tax cuts to businesses at a discount. In our free market system where the wealthy control everything. And turn a blind eye to corruption.

richardp225
2/19/18

We purchased workmans' comp through this company. The monthly premiums were based on the total gross earnings of the employees. I guess they felt they didn't make enough and billed us for an insane amount at the end of the year (which would come out to 2/3rds of what our employees made). I've paid every time, as promised, per our signed mutually agreed upon contract; and this final bill was a little sketchy to say the least. I've asked several times to show me a signed contract which would note any type of "minimum." They will not provide the evidence and attempt to revert to bullying tactics to attempt to get an unlawful payment. I wish I could say they had "hidden fees" but really, they just try to steal from their customers. Obviously, they didn't get any extra money out of me, and they still haven't produced a signed document or contract (which is completely unethical). They're professionalism is, well, wanting. As soon as you push back and ask for evidence, they'll hang up the phone. Beware of this company.

zachg8
2/16/18

These people only care about themselves. Use to think Warren Buffet was worth listening to but now I've realized hes old and out of date. The fool hates crytpo without even fully understanding it.What a joke.

jaket44
2/6/18

After we were agreed and made the payment in full, I have received a letter asking to make an extra payment. They excepted that it was their fault but they did not waive the extra $42 charge. They should have waived it since it is their fault.
After the payment is done they did not return my emails. /this is not ethical and not proper customer service. I am very disappointed the service they provide.

henrys88
2/4/18

Thy are liars and add fine print after the lease has been signed!
They will do any and everything they can to keep the deposit you pay on th property, and God forbid you don't rake the leaves in the yard before you leave! They'll have to hire a handy man to come in which will cost you hundreds!
Especially stay away from Lisa fat $#*! Murdock and that bunch in Virginia Beach! They'll steal and lie their way into your bank accounts robbing you of every cent you own and then some!
So as someone else said on this thread RUN a don't walk away

michaels765
1/20/18

Re$#*!ulasly hard beds... chlorine burns from hot tub. Never again. This was the worst i have ever wasted my money on.

janed252
12/21/17

As I was signing paperwork to agreed price- they called another bidder and sold to them because they could settle faster. UNETHICAL!!!! DO NOT USE!!!!!

wendyr66
11/10/17

Just an awful experience from start to finish. I have it all posted on my website in great detail if you can stomach it. In the end, before the actual closing - there were problems that Liz didn't even have a clue about that delayed the closing on that day -- BUT Liz took her full 5% commission -- $12,000 -- before the deal actually closed almost two weeks later. It was a nightmare beyond words. But the words are on my site: mmm6ftgirl.net. Liz DiPrimo should hang her head in shame. As should Berkshire Hathaway. An embarrassment.

rajua4
11/8/17

I've bought from Lush countless times, and I have never been disappointed in a single product! I love their bubble bars and bath bombs, but the massage bars they offer are also awesome and the scent lingers all day. I always try different bath lines and keep coming back to lush over and over.

sethc38
10/15/17

We tried working with Melissa Fox of Berkshire Hathaway Schuylkill Haven, PA office. We attempted to set up dialogue and make an appointment with her after speaking with her in person. She couldn't have been more uninterested. Melissa Fox never responded to our messages or voicemails! We would assume that Melissa Fox and Berkshire Hathaway are independently wealthy and don't take pre-approved buyers seriously in such a booming market. Our advice is to stay away from this office and agent!

shirlh
9/14/17

Our agent signed the house we wanted to buy. We asked if we should get s buyers agent she told us she could do both. The banker told us he thought it was odd for one person to represent the buyer and seller so we asked her again for a buyers agent and she assured us this would be no problem WELL IT WAS. We can not get BH to do the replacements and repairs for the items we listed in the buyers agreement. All previous reviews were so true they do not return calls or texts. I don't know who I should call next. Feel really cheated because I trusted BH. And they should not be trusted.

kylied10
9/5/17

After signing a lease on August 28th under an Agent from Berkshire Hathaway, we were told in rude text messages we could not have the house on August 30th even though we had until Sept 1st to secure deposit. We were treated extremely rude, cut off, cursed at and after we had already made arrangements to transfer utilities and change our childs school. I would not recommend working with this agent out of the Simpsonville, SC office. We have the signed contract and took it to a Judge who said legally we could still get the house, but who in their right mind would lease from a person who treats you like gold before the lease and like trash after. Reported her to the BBB, Real Estate Licensing Board, the Judge and left message for her Broker in Charge. They wouldn't even give us our $57 dollar app fee back after breaching the contract. Now we have 2 weeks to find a rental and they wasted a week of our time.

teresac81
9/2/17

complete lack of communication Berkshire Hathaway the agent made us drop the price a few times and never got a feedback unless we ask for it, no contract copies, we couldn't get a hold of her, only one open house almost close to the end of the contract, not one showing from her company and at the end they threw us out. I would not recommend this company at all especially Naperville offices. and please listen to me!!!!!!

ryant71
7/24/17

Berkshire Hathaway lacks competence in order to successfully execute a real estate transaction. Highly DON'T recommend to anyone serious about selling or purchasing a piece of real estate.

Questions? Get answers from the Berkshire Hathaway staff and other customers.

Berkshire Hathaway?