Berkshire Hathaway reviews

Tel: 1-888-395-6349
berkshire@berkshirehathaway.com

dennisl152
6/5/19

I I'm currently sitting at Clayton homes in Waco Texas making a delivery I have been here since 6:45 a.m. I am and getting paid attention time after 2 hours at $100 an hour and these people go on break and could care less if they get me unloaded this is a joke this is not a good way to run a business of any kind I am an entrepreneur myself as I own this truck and I on this trailer if I ran my business like this I wouldn't have a business just as if this company continues to operate like it is Berkshire Hathaway is going to start losing a lot of money fast I have been here since 6:45 a.m. and this is all they could manage to get done in 4 hours at this rate it'll take 16 hours to unload one truck $100 an hour after the first two hours you do the math is this a profitable way to operate?

mz44
5/2/19

They are the absolute worst. Do yourself a favor and don't even open this stinky gross can of worms.

giab5
4/24/19

My experience at Berkshire Hathaway with Robert Anderson was extremely satisfying. He was honest, helpful, mindful of my wants in a home, informative, and he made the process effortless and pleasant.

jennifers938
4/9/19

I rented a property from them for three years.It was given to me dirty with stains on the carpet and yard dirty but I moved in anyways thinking all this would be fixed by my move in date and boy was I wrong I never paid rent late and also paid a couple months in advance.Then when it came time to move first of all if your purchasing a home you can't get out of hour lease which most places allow, Then you have to give a 90 day notice before you move which maybe it's just me but i believe that's a far stretch heck i wasn't even sure I was gonna close on my home within 90 days .Then once I moved out oh boy the Property manager gave me issues from the beginning kimber Davenport was completely unprofessional. It was like pulling teeth trying to get her to fix things in the house that were normal wear and tear and the only time I did hear from her it was through email which was nothing but threats and complaints from her never trying to resolve any issues or concerns. I'm sorry but I'm like how do you expect me to have things done to the property that weren't even done prior to me moving in ?? I even left the property way cleaner then how it was received it. At this point I feel like she's money hungry !!! DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY!!! YOU'LL GET MORE THAN WHAT YOU BARGAINED FOR YOUVE BEEN WARNED!!!

madelanab
3/15/19

Brenda Tovson was paid $4500.00 and did nothing have not heard from her for months want her to donate the money to charity she should be ashamed of her self .

djs30
3/14/19

I had Roger G. from Berkshire Hathaway in Auburn list an apartment building for me. The City of Lewiston gave me a letter of repairs that needed to be fixed. I fixed some of them and decided to sell the property for $40,000 under market value to allow the next owner to fix the repairs. I knew this would be an easy sell even if I listed it on my own, but I am not familiar with the paperwork involved in selling a preprty so I decided to list it through an agent. I got charged 10% premium which is extremely high, but I agreed to it and that is not my complaint. The city of Lewiston gave me the letter and it stated that I had to let the new buyer know all the repairs and had a list of instruction. I gave the letter to Roger the agent, and the agency. The instructions were never followed on certain disclosures that needed to be told to the new buyer. I asked several times if it was all set and I was told "yes, this is why you hired me" After I sold the property I got served with a lawsuit from the city for $25,000 for failing to file a single piece of paper. Fortunately I fought this in court and proved that I have told the new buyer of the problems on my own via text message and email. Unfortunately this still cost me almost $1,000 in a court ordered fine. I reached out to the owner of Berkshire Hathaway in his office in Bangor. He asked me to forward all the documents, and I did. He almost immediately sent me a certified letter stating they would not cover the fine of $1000 which was their mistake, since they are the trained professionals that I paid to make sure all the paperwork was in order. This is why they have a license, to ensure buyers and sellers come together legally on both side. I now have to take Berkshire Hathaway to court which I am in the process of doing. I paid them almost $10,000 in a sellers commission which they did not split with another agency. I chose to under price my property to allow for a quick smooth transaction and had an offer within 2 weeks. This was quick easy money for them, and all they had to do was make sure the paperwork was done correctly. I recommend if you use this agency that you pay a lawyer to go over all the paperwork. This is something you should not have to do when going through a listing agent for a basic real estate transaction with no real hoops to jump through. I strongly do not recommend Berkshire Hathaway for real estate services.

jk269
11/14/18

Can't say enough bad things about them. They rent us a property, make us pay for things that were broke prior to our arrival, then a water pipe goes, say its covered by insurance and we still have to pay $75. They switch a entire payment system, with NO NOTICE, double charging my account so I had $700 locked up for 4 weeks. They said oh, we see about getting you a refund once the funds clear our account, 4 weeks later and no refund check so I just had to use it for the next months rent. And if I didn't see it right away and added extra funds into that account I would have had to pay over $100 in bounced payment fees. By random luck I saw it happen it the day of so I avoided it. Stay Away!

lisag483
10/3/18

Very very difficult to work with. All they want you to do is lower price so low you give your property away. First Agent did not do her job by any stretch of the imagination and lost over 20K from original price after being told to paint and put new carpet. Horrible expertise of a first agent.

derrickl34
9/24/18

Trying to rent a home in town and the agent has been jerking us around for 2 weeks now and is refusing to return calls/texts. That is not how you do business. Do not do any business with this company.

lindaa305
9/24/18

WE STARTED OUR HOME SEARCH IN MAY 2018 WITH OUR REALTOR GARRETT KING. WE ENDLESSLY SEARCHED HOME AFTER HOME WITH HIM UNTIL WE FOUND OUR PERFECT HOME. GARRETT SPENT ENDLESS HOURS WITH US ALL OVER ABOUT 4 COUNTIES IN THREE MONTHS. HE ALWAY ANSWERED HIS PHONE EVERYTIME WE CALLED HIM AND WAS ALWAYS AVAILABLE FOR US. HE DESERVES MORE CREDIT WITH YOUR COMPANY THAN ANY REALTOR I HAVE EVER MET! WE ARE TRULY BLESSED FOR GARRETT FOR FINDING US OUR PERFECT HOME! HE DESERVES ALL THE PRAISE FOR HIS AMAZING EFFORTS AND CARING FOR HIS CUSTOMERS,
SINCERELY AND FOREVER GREATFUL! THANKS GARRETT KING!!!
THE ATHEYS

pattiw45
8/27/18

I will NEVER bring another car into David Maus for repairs. I own 3 Toyota's and drive from Kissimmee to Sanford because the service was always fair and attentive. Well, that is no longer the case. I brought my Tundra in because I was having a problem with it. I did not have an appointment so I dropped it off on a Sunday afternoon because it is a very long drive from where I live and it wouldn't drive over 40mph. After explaining what I was experiencing I asked to have an oil change completed while it was there as well as having the seatbelt checked because the light on the dash stays lit. I was assured that I would receive a call the next day. Monday afternoon I received no call so I called to find out the status and didn't receive a call back until Tuesday afternoon. At that time I was told the problem with the truck was actually covered by an extension of the warranty by Toyota. Great news, right? Not so much, the truck wouldn't be ready until the following Tuesday because there were no parts. I was also told the seatbelt light was on because the sensor in the buckle was bad and it was about $250 to replace it. I did not approve that replacement. The truck is 10 years old and I can live with the light. I just needed the oil changed and the warranty work done.

A week goes by, no call. I leave a number of messages and finally get a call that the part still wasn't available so it would most likely be the end of the week when it would be available. Friday comes and again, no call so I leave messages again. Miraculously, I call a call back late that afternoon that the truck is ready to pick up. At this point, I'm out of town until Monday. When I call on Monday to confirm it's ready to go I have to leave a message and get a call late in the day. The truck is ready to pick up and we have changed the oil, done a "safety check", done the warranty work and replaced the seat belt sensor. I informed the service associate Laura that I did not authorize that replacement. After almost 2 weeks I was understandably irritated and didn't say it in my inside voice. I asked for a manager because I wasn't going to pay for a repair I didn't ask for.

When the manager returned my call I was greeted by an individual who informed me that I couldn't threatened to come in and cause a scene. If I was going to cause a scene, I wouldn't have asked for manager to call me back, I would have gone there and caused a scene. After sharing my saga with the manager he basically said you know what? We' ll just put your truck back the way it was, charge you for the oil change and you can just come get it. It's late in the day and frankly my day started very early. Wow! Is all I can say! Apparently nothing else I shared with this manager meant anything because his employee provided me with wonderful service and the fact that I am a loyal customer means absolutely nothing. If I could give them no stars I would. AND I WILL NEVER TAKE ANOTHER ONE OF MY VEHICLES THERE FOR SERVICE AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU!!!!!

In fact, I'm not sure I will even buy another Toyota at this point. And if I do, it won't be from David Maus.

xavierm34
8/16/18

Two years of renting paying my rent on time every month and can't get any maintenance work done inside or outside after requesting for a year they only care about getting the money and the hell with the tenants and the condition of tenants living.

sandyj65
7/20/18

Extremely pushy, does not respect th tenant all! Wants to come and view the property and even tho we told her how sick the family has been, still pushy and down right rude!

aimeeh28
6/26/18

John Murphy is my rental property manager. After continuous attempts to get the AC in my house fixed he has yet to do so and has threatened to evict me because I am understandably upset. I have lived here 1.5 years and had the AC serviced 8 times with no resolution.

peterr243
6/12/18

Great agent, great person. She puts her clients first and works extremely to help meet all of her clients Real Estate needs. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

danielk261
6/6/18

I have never been more dissapointed in my life they are very unprofessional and i have been here a month and still have no dish washer microwave and all the drains are stopped up and no copy of the lease and the office is bogus and not where they say it is i would highly reccomend that you stay away also when we had the water tunned on the whole place flooded what a joke

paulp187
4/19/18

How can a company sell a loan buy back the house repair the house and sell the house to their non bank business again. First a house goes into default with low money down and most likely paid more than they could afford the house, house falls into an insurance claim PMI. Bank gets paid full value. Now Zillow gets these to dump back into the market through auction services now is trying to buy houses hires Berkshire (who is also trying to buy USG) to fix the house back up. Then Zillow sells the house buyer gets another non bank loan through Berkshire. Berkshire sells at a higher cost on the back of a bad loan deal incredible right. Is this what the Republicans had in mind by giving tax cuts to businesses at a discount. In our free market system where the wealthy control everything. And turn a blind eye to corruption.

richardp225
2/19/18

We purchased workmans' comp through this company. The monthly premiums were based on the total gross earnings of the employees. I guess they felt they didn't make enough and billed us for an insane amount at the end of the year (which would come out to 2/3rds of what our employees made). I've paid every time, as promised, per our signed mutually agreed upon contract; and this final bill was a little sketchy to say the least. I've asked several times to show me a signed contract which would note any type of "minimum." They will not provide the evidence and attempt to revert to bullying tactics to attempt to get an unlawful payment. I wish I could say they had "hidden fees" but really, they just try to steal from their customers. Obviously, they didn't get any extra money out of me, and they still haven't produced a signed document or contract (which is completely unethical). They're professionalism is, well, wanting. As soon as you push back and ask for evidence, they'll hang up the phone. Beware of this company.

zachg8
2/16/18

These people only care about themselves. Use to think Warren Buffet was worth listening to but now I've realized hes old and out of date. The fool hates crytpo without even fully understanding it.What a joke.

jaket44
2/6/18

After we were agreed and made the payment in full, I have received a letter asking to make an extra payment. They excepted that it was their fault but they did not waive the extra $42 charge. They should have waived it since it is their fault.
After the payment is done they did not return my emails. /this is not ethical and not proper customer service. I am very disappointed the service they provide.

henrys88
2/4/18

Thy are liars and add fine print after the lease has been signed!
They will do any and everything they can to keep the deposit you pay on th property, and God forbid you don't rake the leaves in the yard before you leave! They'll have to hire a handy man to come in which will cost you hundreds!
Especially stay away from Lisa fat $#*! Murdock and that bunch in Virginia Beach! They'll steal and lie their way into your bank accounts robbing you of every cent you own and then some!
So as someone else said on this thread RUN a don't walk away

michaels765
1/20/18

Re$#*!ulasly hard beds... chlorine burns from hot tub. Never again. This was the worst i have ever wasted my money on.

janed252
12/21/17

As I was signing paperwork to agreed price- they called another bidder and sold to them because they could settle faster. UNETHICAL!!!! DO NOT USE!!!!!

wendyr66
11/10/17

Just an awful experience from start to finish. I have it all posted on my website in great detail if you can stomach it. In the end, before the actual closing - there were problems that Liz didn't even have a clue about that delayed the closing on that day -- BUT Liz took her full 5% commission -- $12,000 -- before the deal actually closed almost two weeks later. It was a nightmare beyond words. But the words are on my site: mmm6ftgirl.net. Liz DiPrimo should hang her head in shame. As should Berkshire Hathaway. An embarrassment.

rajua4
11/8/17

I've bought from Lush countless times, and I have never been disappointed in a single product! I love their bubble bars and bath bombs, but the massage bars they offer are also awesome and the scent lingers all day. I always try different bath lines and keep coming back to lush over and over.

No it is a real company and they should be ashamed of themselves for allowing such a horror of an agent to be even ever employed by their company

By Diane L.

Yes there is and it is 5102240078 and you may call me at any time to discuss the most horrid experience We have had with this awful realtor Barbar Ellen Jone

By Diane L.

Questions? Get answers from the Berkshire Hathaway staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Berkshire Hathaway