Bellevue College

Bellevue College has a consumer rating of 2.5 stars from 2 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Bellevue College ranks 149th among Colleges And Universities sites.

How would you rate Bellevue College?

“Use to be good. Transferring out once I complete my transfer degree. Enjoyed it at first.”

Peach R.
4/6/21

Cheaper education is good if it goes well. I've been going Bellevue College on and off for the past ten years to complete a bachelor degree. I have found they seem to just randomly cancel or drop one in five classes. Then make up some half assed excuse why they canceled it. The teachers either greatly care for their course or they don't. It just depends. Some teachers teach to material and others don't. When you sign up for a low level class you don't expect to know anything but the teacher teaches it like you should know everything. This has caused me to fail a few low level classes. I am going to finish my transfer AA and move onto UW Seattle. Cost is about 20% higher but I know I will get what I pay for. Only go here to get a kick start on your education to get the lower level classes out of the way. Other wise seek a different higher learning education. B. C. Clearly isn't ready for online learning. The instructors that have set up courses for canvas before covid online learning are ready for online learning. I noticed that several classes I have taken in the past year or two are not ready for online learning. The teachers clearly slapped together a course last minute with crappy references for material and expect you to pass. Counseling center either cares for your or the don't. I started with some consoling but after about three sessions they started hinting my services were finished with the counseling center. After my third visit they told me I was coming too much. Even though it was once a month to be sure I was on the right track. Guess the counselors don't give the services they are to give for students. It's 2-3 visits then you're on your own. A counselor is to give support and assistance for students that need it. Not someone who says "This is what you need to do then you're on your own." That's not what you get paid for. This college is just an over expensive day care center that wants your $$$$. I'm surprised tuition in 2019 actually went up not down due to online learning. Not one subtle hint for a discount. Books all of a sudden became digital and some of the choices were very poorly picked. They canceled several of the classes I signed up for during this time frame. Quoting that there was not enough participation in it. The class had a full fuc-ken roster. They canceled it for another reason. It took 2-4 weeks for the refunds to go through. I have found this college seems to cancel one in five classes I sign up for. What type of higher learning is it when you're promised a service then cancel class five fuc-ken days before start of quarter? That is not an honorable business practice. ILearn for math is a horrible learning program. It fails to properly place students in the correct level. There is zero refund unless class is canceled. Even then you still have to fight for your money. When I was using iLearn I did not know what I was learning as I was learning it. I did not know what my expectation as a student was upon course completion. I had zero references to refer to when stuck. ILearn provides incomplete video lectures that raise more questions than answers. I don't know what math iLearn uses but it's clearly not the old/new math. Doesn't matter what one you use the answer is the same. Due to this horrible program I was barely able to pass my tests. If I had proper material I would of passed with an A instead of a B-. The book buy back program is a total joke. Zero of my books qualify for it each year even though I bought them from the book store earlier that year. You maybe get 15% back if you are lucky enough to get it back. The book store is loosely run by teenagers that don't fully understand a true business. Corners are cut and they think book substitution is okay. I had to withdrawal from a couple courses because they substituted my book with a different version and it was no where near the version the teacher was using. I have learned to not purchase through the book store to save about 30% cost on materials. If you buy through amazon or a more reputable book store you can save some money. They find ways to heavily slap you with high fees if you order through the book store. I hate to say it but I have gone digital with my books. Why books are generally non refundable and if class cancels one week before good luck getting that money back. I refuse to buy books from book store because they over price their products by 40%. The cost of tuition is slightly cheaper than most other colleges but with the rates of tuition matching that of universities you might as well just got to a university. This school is clearly a business and operates like one. Their more interested in your $$$$ than educating you. I've been cheated out of education enough times I'm sort of done with this college. I hate to say it but one should not be able to Google their A for online classes. What type of learning am I getting from this school? No wonder this school failed me for success in the job market. There is no such thing as free parking any more at this college. They watch passes like a hawk and will write tickets heavily for people because it's a form of income. Parking at this college has always been a bit of an issue and face it Bellevue traffic isn't getting better. I have begun to see through this college's tricks, games and money gathering schemes to take advantage of people achieving higher education. You can hide this from an adult child who isn't very bright but you can't hide it from an adult. As a 40 year old going back to school I am beginning to see why my education was incomplete all these years. This school could care less of what you learn so long as they get their $$$$. This incomplete education has unfortunately followed me through out most of my career. I have always felt under accomplished in education because of it. For degree choices there may be a lot to pick from most the bulk of them are AA degrees. Unless you want to go into the medical field there are not very many bachelor degrees. This college really needs to remove the useless degrees for students. So they don't enter the job market and realize they wasted their time. I got two AA degrees early in my youth and they were totally useless for the job market. They were a fictional educational fable at best.

peachr2
April 6th, 2021

raneea
Ranee A.
December 8th, 2018

I use to enjoy my classes at Bellevue College but that was about 10 years ago. I went back to expand my education only to find it's an expensive day care center.

Teachers vary from professional, to well done to could care less to no help at all. It all depends upon their passion for the job.

I only had one class I had an issue with Race in the United States 101. The teacher set up all this information regarding racial history in the United States but the teacher her self was racist to a high degree. She failed students on a whim if something offended her. And believe me more than half the students replies ended up getting them offended. The first question of the course she'd ask you is how did you get introduced into racism? We'd all answer and my answer was black to white racism in retail. Grocery is still 1940 run male oriented and if your a white Caucasian female you'll get racially discriminated against left and right. I gave her a few experiences regarding this. Well it pissed her off and she ended up intentionally failing me for the rest of the quarter. I had a few over seas coworkers taking the same course and their view point of Americans pissed her off to the point where she intentionally failed them too. No I would not recommend taking this course. Never before had i been offended and run out the door within the first hour of the class to complain and withdrawal from the course in tears.

I tried a few other courses Most of the courses were either easy or the teacher taught away from course material.

If you're familiarized with the old math forget about even taking the new math classes. Their all computerized and intentionally designed to make you fail. No paper no pencils. If you take the math tests you'll score really low because you didn't do the math "steps" according to the new math.

Please save your money and just go to an even more expensive day care center that's a 4 year university.

Things have really changed since I took college 10 years ago. I have to say I also feel like the odd ball person out when I'm on campus because I'm the only 40 year old in a group of high school graduates. When you're stuck in a freshmen class you're treated like a freshman and if you get stuck in a group project chances are you'll score low because they just didn't care.

I would really recommend a four year university over this school. It may be affordable but at a cost.

Questions? Get answers from the Bellevue College staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bellevue College?

Have a question about Bellevue College?