Review of BayDermatology

Tel: (866)967-3376

1 Review From Our Community

timj23
5/1/14

My son developed a very itchy rash which quickly spread over his entire body within a few months of scratching what he thought were mosquito bites. I took him to Bay Dermatology and by this time suspected it might be scabies mites from research I had done. The Dr told him it looked liked scabies and took a skin sample (painful), told him to wait 14 days for results and use cortisone or other over the counter for itching and sent him home with nothing. By this time he wanted to rip off his skin the itching was so bad, I started him on natural products recommended by the internet which helped a little. After 14 days the test result came back negative which I read happens very often when they do not scape the exact spot of the mite or egg. No follow-up calls to see how he was, or anything from this office CASE CLOSED! I called the next week to talk to the Manager and she made another appointment, by this time the rash had covered his entire body, including scalp and I including scalp and I have an outbreak from caring for him, washing clothes etc. Two very arrogant doctors look at his torso and legs which were the worst, and find out that he most likely contracted this from having unprotected sex and diagnose that it has to be a sexually transmitted disease, not even listening to me when I told them I had broken out with the same rash due to being the caregiver and exposed. You can get scabies through prolonged skin to skin contact, or infected bedding, clothes. They ordered a blood test and wrote a prescription for a anti-biotic, which may have helped a little but did nothing for the rash or itching and did not address the real problem. CASE CLOSED FOR THESE TWO MORONS! I took him to our personal Doctor who immediately diagnosed him as having scabies and prescribed the proper crème to treat this and now we are on the way to ridding him of this parasite and I am also treating myself with the proper treatment. Trust me, find another dermatologist who will diagnose your skin problem properly and care enough to follow up with you to make sure you are healing and not just want to jump to a wrong diagnosis to get you out of their office and arrogantly say CASE CLOSED! I wasted $150.00 on two office visits plus my son has a scar on the back of his leg absolutely for nothing.

Questions? Get answers from the BayDermatology staff and other customers.

BayDermatology?