Review of AVOV Technology

avov@avov.tv

5 reviews with 3 stars

pauli282
3/16/16

The good, AVOV Vixo 2 has the fastest processor, works well but problems do arise usually from the devices its connected to which is not the fault of this unit. Ethernet / wifi is good.
The bad...the power on / off light has been a problem and AVOV is well aware of it but doesn't want to replace the unit just because you don't know if its on or off. Price is high for this box but this is due, in part, to the software that supports this box Mickeyhop is extremely limited when it comes to apps of which many are outdated, others don't serve any real or practical purpose and no descriptions or information is given with many of them. Avov has tried to bring this box in with added features that relate to games and the truth is, the controller that comes with it is similar to other controllers but anyone who is interested in games has a dedicated game player like Xbox, PS4, Nintendo, etcetera.
Its a feature that was ill contrived as this wasn't the reason I bought this particular model.
This box is linked to Google, Kitkat software cannot be configured by the owner so it brings to question who really owns this box, the buyer or the one who controls and sets the configuration limits on it ? Would I recommend this box, No. I would recommend holding off as newer, faster boxes are coming and hopefully they will not come with features you don't want and other features you do want beginning with a "MANUAL" installer. Support is a word with little meaning and few solutions so buyer beware.

vincentg25
2/26/16

my remote is broke again. The second one to go. now I have to buy a third. The batteries crack the casing and eventually the remote won't work. A flaw you should take care of. I'm tired of paying 20 bucks a shot but whats worse is not being able to use the unit until I get to the 50km away store to replace it.

tomd83
12/9/15

I've tried to get some answers and did get 1 reply
ref##922## network.
but no solution.
1. can get the unit to work on movies, but no live tv.
do I need to put something into the server, if so what?.
wifi do I need to enter info there if so what?
I've hooked up the ethernet direct I do get something showing the ip address etc.
unit is the avov online .
thanks tomdabbs27@hotmail.com

kf29
11/17/15

tv online box pretty much does what its suppose to do.my only problem is i only use it for kodi.and im constantly.having a problem with ram memory(i think there should be a bit more).its always close to the limit.the memory cleaner is really useless all it does is wipe out all that you saved and now you have to start fresh.if anyone knows a way around this lmk.my daughter has an m8s which was much cheaper and never runs into this problem.

toyang
11/16/15

So I have noticed a couple more issues with the Avov box. When watching the live tv, after 5 mins of viewing it freezes and the Internet will disconnect. I have to restart the box to get it working again. Please take note that it works flawless when using kodi. The next issue is the when am downloading from the Internet I am lost to when my downloads go. I try to load apps from kodi and i can't find my downloads. Apart from those issues I think the box is pretty decent and I will upgrade it to a 3 star.

Response from Jake K., AVOV Technology Representative
Hello Toyan,

We're sorry you feel this way. We do get an influx of emails and tickets and do our best to reply to every message in a timely manner. If you can kindly open a ticket at our help-desk, http://help.avov.tv - and put subject line '50/50 review post' we can help expedite and follow up with your request. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I'm having the same issue. constantly freezing. My internet is high speed with 60mbps. Never had any issues with the internet until I hooked up the Avov 5 box. I even swtiched two different servers thinking it could be the server I was on orginally. Any response to fix the issue would be valued. Im completely frustrated as I cant watch anything.

By Ailia k.

We only use one LED light source for the devices. This means, its only powered on to show the device is on. No Red/Green. We are coming with those features on our new devices! Check our site, www.avov.tv

By Jake K. [AVOV Technology Rep]

USA

By David A.

I have the same issue...

By Allen J.

They went out of business on July 7. You can also, check their Facebook page. You can find info on it.

By Carmen R.

Companies charge a monthly fee

By Jarrod R.

so a week later and no support SMH

By jay t.

There is no way to adjust the buffering on any of the AVOV line of boxes which has extremely limited settings and applications. Seems everyone wants to control their Android products and they do that by not allowing anyone to configure their boxes. You may have bought it but owning it is totally dependent on your point of view. Mickeyhop has no manual installers, very limited applications, some out of date, some don't appear to be of any real use and the rest are related to games of which I don't need this box for games or game playing.

By Paul i.

You have to go into settings on your tv and change the links that allow the tv to shut off connected devices. The freezing issues have been attributed to the servers which are constantly being worked on and improving. Keep in mind, older modems and routers were not designed for streaming or handling bandwidth although your internet provider may also have bandwidth restrictions depending on bandwidth caps or service you have. The latest modems have Docsis 3.0 technology and are backwards compatible but you must find out from your provider which models they use or which brand, models they use. As for routers, some providers don't want you using your own router as they like to control things with remote management software. However, older routers were not made with providing several devices with streaming that take up a lot of bandwidth. Buffering issues start up, freezing begins and even lock ups occur so upgrade your modems, routers and read up on how to configure your buffer settings on your devices. Note some android devices, like AVOV do not have any way to configure buffer settings.

By Paul i.

No sorry, the platform works on our STB.

By Jake K. [AVOV Technology Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the AVOV Technology staff and other customers.

4 Photos for AVOV Technology