AVOV Technology

AVOV Technology

www.avov.tv

AVOV Technology has a consumer rating of 2.73 stars from 44 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. AVOV Technology also ranks 12th among Streaming Movies sites.

• I am here to share a few words on my new found love, AVOV VIXO1 IPTV streaming box.

• The picture quality is only 720 at best, pretty bad on a 60" tv
How would you rate AVOV Technology?

“The Magic Box”

Alfred H.
6/17/17

It will be very appreciated only if TVONLINE would introduce "Plug and Play" Boxes. I got my box about a month ago, and my TVONLINE provider is not reliable and nowhere to be found as my box has been locked by the server. I noticed yesterday "MSNBC" was without sound. TVONLINE should eliminate the middle man (TVONLINE provider) as I don't mind paying few dollars more for the "Plug and Play" box. The box is a little wonder, I got more channels I can handle. And I hope I'll continue using it as the cable providers as the biggest scammers ever. I can't complain.

“Avov 5 Keeps freezing”

Ailia k.
6/25/17

HELP! Cant watch anything on this box. I boight two AVOV TVonline boxes back in May 2017 anf ive nothing but problems. Channels, movies, Live TV, VOD constanly freeze. Freezes every 2 mins for long periods of time. Cant watch anything. Ive swtiched over to two different server thinking it maybe the server that its running on. But again same issue. I have high-speed internet with 60mbps and i dont think the internet is the issue. This sort of issue never occured until I hooked up the AVOV 5. If anyone know how to fi x the issue please let me know.

box (29) picture quality (5)
toyb5
December 2nd, 2018
What a disappointment!! I have the n2 and it was a waste of money!! On top of that there is zero support. No updates, box freezes. I found a great idea buy smart tv with android support. And use kodi or Iptv directly on your tv. Best experience using kodi or iptv!!
ailiak
June 25th, 2017
mickeys17
September 4th, 2017
Its really great box. but not for watching tv or anything. I use it to stretch some bakery dough due to its shape. just a couple of months after I got totally fooled by the salesman BS and purchased that, I took it off!
monicar59
August 8th, 2017
I bought a Avov fuse. They don't keep up on the apps. only 8 gb hardrive. Cant load hardly any apps once kodi is loaded. no file explorer.
teamviewer app doesn't let you dial in to set up box. live tv constantly freezing. buy a cheap android tv box is better.
marsleyd
August 12th, 2017
i emailed 4 times and called. they said they would replace my box because the power did not come in since i purchase it only in march. i was then told to ship it which cost me 17$. i ship it and then they tell me i have no warranty and they send box back. i told them keep it no use to me and i hang up. but no good customer service means i not come back it is sad the don care aboot the customer
lydial24
August 7th, 2017
do your research ppls. i bought one blindly on amazon and regre it ever since. even check website www.avovtech.com shows so much about this stupid cheating company.
alfredh33
June 17th, 2017
riyadk4
April 7th, 2017
Since getting this box, my father in-law has had nothing but issues with the box. I connected the box through Wi-fi and clocks for a good few minutes before it plays. I have connected the box with an ethernet cord and it still clocks.

I have taken my box and used it and had no issues and was streaming just fine.

Is there anyway to fix this issue?
dj447
March 12th, 2017
AVOV TVOnline ver2 is great when it's working. Unfortunately since day one the stupid remote rarely works..What good is this piece of junk remote? AVOV is just a huge ripoff..Stay away..far far away from them..Support? What support....All they want is your hard earned cash!!!!!!
mikeb344
February 7th, 2017
Stay away from these boxes. They don't support them. I have a box that no longer plays anything. It's now an expensive paper weight. Sure, they come out with new boxes, but forget about the first generation models. Imagine owning a IPhone 5s, and when they released the IPhone 7, the 5s was no longer functional. Brutal box. Save your money and do research. There are many more out there worth the money.
lynf3
November 7th, 2016
Avov TLPP build 1.0.8 keeps indicating that Kodi or any addditional installed app is not installed. Have had to factory reset and re-install kodi many times. Now the browser is not loading. Further checks revealed that kodi is installed so it seems this may be a file system error. The box worked abolutely fine up to 5 months after I got it. My only complaint is to the constant reconfiguring of the box. What can I do to resolve? Any updates available for this box? Thanks
coling20
January 5th, 2017
?????does anybody...i read a lot on here but done see any feedback to the questions is this run by AVOV technology staff
bibik
October 21st, 2016
hi there. my tv nor the avov are not on mute but the sound remains on the min for the avov
saeedn1
October 16th, 2016
I got an AVOV 4 & it freezes most of time. I contact AVOV, but nobody cared about the issue. Instead of sending a new box they tried to give me a remote!!!
So disappointed
jerryp46
August 30th, 2016
I really like the new programing on the latest AVOV server. The channels correspond to the channels listed on a U.S. Satellite provider, with one exception. Channel 120, the History Channel, is showing Canadian programming, but the programme menu lists what is on the U.S. History Channel. The U.S. history channel is 120.
Would the programmers, please, switch to the U.S. Channel on the new server, so the programing matches the programme menu.

Thanks
kemoyl
September 13th, 2016
Goodmorning I want to know after I order this item where do I pay my payments
lizah7
July 11th, 2016
There are many channels but all of them are mostly stuk so please avoid using thisand do not waste your money though contact a cabel tv instead.
lidiaw
July 10th, 2016
Tons of channels. Most of them working good. Few of channels don't work properly but I got thousands of channels. Can't complain....
bobd97
April 24th, 2016
Its unstable box it constlatly refresh lack of memorey durig a move stopes evefy 4 s and continues after 10 s its junk waisting money and time
joannag17
March 3rd, 2016
bought 3 avov online+ in 2 months one is only flashing the logo nothing else keeps rebooting contacted seller ground control tv they never answered me back guess since it is out of the 14 days and never did avov answer me back so discouraged with the money i spent for the item and service i am getting and to think 2 weeks ago i was ready to buy a 4th for my mother thank god i did not with this service i be really in a mess so costly and no service or care from them
fucky39
March 7th, 2016
If u r thinking of buying avov android don't it is a piece of junk money grab
tomd83
December 9th, 2015
I've tried to get some answers and did get 1 reply
ref##922## network.
but no solution.
1. can get the unit to work on movies, but no live tv.
do I need to put something into the server, if so what?.
wifi do I need to enter info there if so what?
I've hooked up the ethernet direct I do get something showing the ip address etc.
unit is the avov online .
thanks *******@hotmail.com
vincentg25
February 26th, 2016
my remote is broke again. The second one to go. now I have to buy a third. The batteries crack the casing and eventually the remote won't work. A flaw you should take care of. I'm tired of paying 20 bucks a shot but whats worse is not being able to use the unit until I get to the 50km away store to replace it.
kf29
November 17th, 2015
tv online box pretty much does what its suppose to do.my only problem is i only use it for kodi.and im constantly.having a problem with ram memory(i think there should be a bit more).its always close to the limit.the memory cleaner is really useless all it does is wipe out all that you saved and now you have to start fresh.if anyone knows a way around this lmk.my daughter has an m8s which was much cheaper and never runs into this problem.
toyang
November 16th, 2015
So I have noticed a couple more issues with the Avov box. When watching the live tv, after 5 mins of viewing it freezes and the Internet will disconnect. I have to restart the box to get it working again. Please take note that it works flawless when using kodi. The next issue is the when am downloading from the Internet I am lost to when my downloads go. I try to load apps from kodi and i can't find my downloads. Apart from those issues I think the box is pretty decent and I will upgrade it to a 3 star.
jakek17
Jake K. – AVOV Technology Rep
Hello Toyan,

We're sorry you feel this way. We do get an influx of emails and tickets and do our best to reply to every message in a timely manner. If you can kindly open a ticket at our help-desk, http://help.avov.tv - and put subject line '50/50 review post' we can help expedite and follow up with your request. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I'm having the same issue. constantly freezing. My internet is high speed with 60mbps. Never had any issues with the internet until I hooked up the Avov 5 box. I even swtiched two different servers thinking it could be the server I was on orginally. Any response to fix the issue would be valued. Im completely frustrated as I cant watch anything.

By Ailia k.
See more answers (2)

We only use one LED light source for the devices. This means, its only powered on to show the device is on. No Red/Green. We are coming with those features on our new devices! Check our site, www.avov.tv

By Jake K.,
See more answers (2)

USA

By David A.

I have the same issue...

By Allen J.

They went out of business on July 7. You can also, check their Facebook page. You can find info on it.

By Carmen R.

Companies charge a monthly fee

By Jarrod R.

so a week later and no support SMH

By jay t.

There is no way to adjust the buffering on any of the AVOV line of boxes which has extremely limited settings and applications. Seems everyone wants to control their Android products and they do that by not allowing anyone to configure their boxes. You may have bought it but owning it is totally dependent on your point of view. Mickeyhop has no manual installers, very limited applications, some out of date, some don't appear to be of any real use and the rest are related to games of which I don't need this box for games or game playing.

By Paul i.

You have to go into settings on your tv and change the links that allow the tv to shut off connected devices. The freezing issues have been attributed to the servers which are constantly being worked on and improving. Keep in mind, older modems and routers were not designed for streaming or handling bandwidth although your internet provider may also have bandwidth restrictions depending on bandwidth caps or service you have. The latest modems have Docsis 3.0 technology and are backwards compatible but you must find out from your provider which models they use or which brand, models they use. As for routers, some providers don't want you using your own router as they like to control things with remote management software. However, older routers were not made with providing several devices with streaming that take up a lot of bandwidth. Buffering issues start up, freezing begins and even lock ups occur so upgrade your modems, routers and read up on how to configure your buffer settings on your devices. Note some android devices, like AVOV do not have any way to configure buffer settings.

By Paul i.

No sorry, the platform works on our STB.

By Jake K.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the AVOV Technology staff and other customers.

We manufacture android based IPTV/OTT set-top box pre-loaded with MickyHop platform

jakek17
Jake K.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AVOV Technology?

See reviews as you browse with our Safari extension

2.7
Have a question about AVOV Technology?