Appliancesdirect

Appliancesdirect has a consumer rating of 1 star from 7 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Appliancesdirect ranks 91st among Appliance sites.

How would you rate Appliancesdirect?

“Disgusting Service”

Dewald M.
6/26/21

Absolutely Disgusting service from Aircon Direct! Before I placed the order they kept on chasing me to get the sale done and take payment. The air conditioner itself was not a bad price, but adding installation will cost around four times more. So I have paid an absolute fortune for installation, but the service I received was appalling to say the least. They asked me for photos of where I want to install the unit. I sent it to them straight away. I was told that I will receive the unit between 3-5 working days. I'm the mean time I had a technical question about the power supply they wanted me to install. No one bothered to answer me. When the unit didn't arrive with in the discussed time frame I contacted them to find out what's going on. After 2 weeks waiting I was told that they can't install the unit where I want it. No one bothered to contact me to ask for an alternative. After I dealt with that they finally sent the unit out. They then kept on changing the installation dates and giving me the wrong information. They finally booked the installation 3 weeks after I made the purchase. The engineer turned up an hour late and told me on arrival that he's not going to finish the job that day because he's got other things to do… At 4pm he packed up his tools and left without completing the job. He told me he will come back on Saturday to finish. Obviously at this stage I am quite frustrated, but left it at that. He came back on Saturday for 2 hours and tells me that he's not going to finish that day because he has got other things to do. I told him about all the issues I've had with the order, but he couldn't care less. He told me I can complain to the company if I want. He then said he'll be back on Tuesday. I asked him why he can't come back on Monday at least. He just dismissed me and told me he'll be back on Tuesday. This company really know how to annoy their customers. I have already made a formal complaint for not processing my order after I've paid, kept changing the dates and ignoring me emails. I then made ANOTHER formal complaint about the absolute disaster of an installation. Here I am, 3 weeks later, thousands out of pocket with an air conditioner that is still not installed. This company can't be trusted and I will never buy from them again. Absolute Joke!

dewaldm
June 26th, 2021
Verified purchase

johnw3489
December 15th, 2020

Atrocious company to order anything from. Purchased a tall larder fridge back in October. The listing stated they had stock and next day delivery. However, they changed the delivery date 3 times, the last one was February 2012 which would be 4 months after the original order date which is when they took payment. Then a week ago I get a txt advising the fridge is no longer available, even though at the time of the order they stated they had stock along with next day delivery. Then they send me a link for a replacement which was the exact same fridge (with a different badge) but expecting me to pay another £145 for the same fridge when what they should have done is offered me this replacement at the same cost and apologised for wasting 2 months of my time especially when they had taken the money from my card back in October. Disgusting customer service if you can even call it customer service, and they don't even understand that as soon as they took the payment back in October a contract was formed so they had no right to cancel that order without my consent, which I wouldn't have given unless they agreed to unless they either offered a like for like replacement or an upgrade at no extra cost, neither of which they did in this case. I'm now going to order this same fridge form another supplier, even though they claim its no longer available and then file a county court claim for the difference as they have breached the terms of the contract they entered into with me. I didn't realise when I ordered this fridge that I had also placed an order with them about 2 years ago for a sofa, and that was another fiasco which was very similar to this one. They took payment, never delivered the item and then sold it to someone else, so I would avoid this firm at all costs!

stephend802
April 13th, 2021

I bought a large, cheap, Electriq combi microwave, which turned out to be very poor quality AND faulty - I couldn't close the door on it when it was hot! Despite this, they failed to refund my delivery charge. Their website is utterly useless and still says my item is still 'out for delivery' and there is no sign of my return, or complaint on there. They are currently shown as 'offline' (11am on a Tuesday). When reporting my problem, they insisted I send a video of the fault, so that they could track the return – they ‘couldn't' accept my return without one! I had to phone them to get it returned, as they refuse by email until I sent a video and their online system simply does not show anything!
As it is, I wish I had sent a video (but I'd already boxed it up for return), maybe then I'd have got my delivery fee refunded. Also, I cannot see how to leave a review on their website, so how they get them, I don't know. Very poor, I would definitely NOT recommend buying from them – AVOID!

Tip for consumers:
If returning an item, take a VIDEO of the item, or any fault, before you box it back up!
If phoning them, use the local number on your order email, NOT the paid number on their website!

Products used:
Combi Microwave

davidp3230
August 1st, 2021

Absolutely awful customer service.

Missed the first delivery date, delivered wrong machine the second attempt, missed the collection date for that machine, then said the machine I paid for wasn't available, now struggling to get a refund.

Very unhappy, stay well away

sipani
March 5th, 2020

They are horrible and talk down to customers. James from Sales has just been the reason for me to cancel my order and ask for a full refund.

lyndas258
July 14th, 2021

Timeline- I ordered a tumble drier on 5th July, to be delivered Friday 9th July. No communication, so I logged in on the Friday to see that there's a ‘problem' with my order, and to call them. I'd taken the day off work to be home. So I called them. I was advised it would be delivered on Saturday 10th- are you sure, said i? Yes, I'm sure that's fine, she said. Further communication to say it wouldn't be delivered until Monday 12th, so I took another day off work. I'd booked them to also take my old appliance away. So the delivery arrives, in comes the guy holding my tumble drier on his shoulder; he then drops from that height onto my concrete kitchen floor- said he couldn't deliver to my utility room (right off the kitchen). No reason given. He then said he couldn't take the old one away, as he's no room on the van. I reminded him he's just made space taking my new tumble drier out, he then said he's only been booked to take a flat pack away? Completely garbage comment. So he stalks out the door after making remarks and nosying around my bearded dragons enclosures, which was unwarranted, and quite frankly, invasive.
I unwrapped the drier; to find that not only had he thrown it onto the floor upside down, he'd also smashed the corners of the drier, and it was broken on both sides. Called the company, and spoke to Danielle, who was really rude, to the point where I asked her surname (which she refused to give). I then asked to speak to her supervisor; she refused, saying she was the boss of the whole place. Ok then she finally said she arranged a replacement drier, to be delivered today, Wednesday 14th. So I take ANOTHER day off work to be home. Logged onto the tracker to track my delivery, and gosh what a surprise. It's not trackable. Another call to the company to make sure I'm having this drier today…. And nope. I'm not getting my drier today, they can't find it, and don't know where it is. They don't know when it will be delivered. Meanwhile I've 5 loads of wet laundry that I've had to keep rewashing since last Friday; and stuck with a broken drier (with sharp edges at the breaks) which they say I can't use. Complete shambles, if you're going to enter into a contract with someone and take their money, then at least fulfill your side of the bargain. I do NOT recommend, if my experience is anything to go by.

peacea6
December 14th, 2018

After reading multiple positive reviews about AD, i decided to use them for the 1st time.
Did my product research & AD seemed to offer the best deal. So win win I was wrong.

Just ordered with them with everything in stock for next day delivery.
I accidentally clicked the wrong delivery option but called them to resolve; only to be told that 2 of the items i ordered are out of stock.
(Their website still shows in stock, as i type this) They can cancel it but will have to wait 3-5 w/days to get me money back.
I called customer service back to confirm this & to add injury to insult, i was charged the full delivery cost.
No apology for their mistake. No offer to resolve their mess-up.

I now have to borrow the money to order the remaining items from AO.com & Currys
Paying more & also paying for 3 different deliveries... so whatever "savings" i would have made w/ AD is lost.

Appliances Direct ONLY care about taking your money. They don't care about resolving problems THEY create.

Please DONT shop with them.

Ill be back w/ an update; lets see if their delivery matches their horrendous service

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Appliancesdirect staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Appliancesdirect?

Have a question about Appliancesdirect?