Review of Amirite.co

Tel: 1-800-273-8255

1 Review From Our Community

roses121
8/25/17

Read this review (as it has screen shots attached)
- https://amirite.pissedconsumer.com/amirite-com-everything-you-ve-read-here-is-true-201708231091228.html

My husband told me about this site.I thought I'd try it out.
Signed up, got the happy welcoming email, then was deactivated with the reason being "you may only have one account". Well, I only HAD the one account, but I told my husband about this and he found some interesting information (see attached photos). Computers connected to the Internet must speak the "Internet language" called the "Internet Protocol" or simply "IP." Each computer is assigned a unique address somewhat similar to a street address or telephone number. Under the current system there are four numbers that range from 0 to 255 (Example: 206.156.18.122).
This means 300 people at a library in Wisconsin all have the same IP address. Doesn't mean it's one person that tried to sign up 300 times. When I emailed them that I did only have one account, they (the website that goes to great lengths to hide it's ownership and origin) demanded sensitive personal information from me. I have no idea who these people are so I'm not about to send them information which can be used for identity theft.
I've read through the reviews of this site, I've read many of the comments ON the site in question (over my husband's shoulder), and I've made my own mind up. The site is unprofessional at best and a hot mess at worst.
Do not sign up for this site.I really can't stress that strongly enough.
Reason of review: Poor customer service.
Preferred solution: Change their policies on dealing with new users for the site. Do NOT base everything solely on ip address. (This may be a shock but many people only have 1 computer in their home but several in that home may sign up for 1 website).
I liked: I liked the idea of the website.
I didn't like: Double standards when enforcing site rules, Moderation, Strange policies and enforcement.

Questions? Get answers from the Amirite.co staff and other customers.

Amirite.co?