Altierus Career College

Altierus Career College has a consumer rating of 2 stars from 1 review indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Altierus Career College most frequently mention profit schools problems. Altierus Career College ranks 167th among Colleges And Universities sites.

How would you rate Altierus Career College?

“I see on their homepage...”

Evan S.
2/17/11

I see on their homepage... don't be afraid to take that chance. What I am afraid of is wasting my money. I would like to talk to some people who actually went to this school and landed a really good job later. So far out of the online schools I have investigated they seem better than most. What makes me afraid of Taking that chance as the everest college tag line seems to be is that they were investigated by the US senate in some sort of hearing against for profit universities. I had not realized there was such a big difference between for profit and non profit schools. State schools I guess are non profit and seem to have a better reputation whereas these for profit schools seem to have a different accredidation and are not as good. I just don't know what to do. The US senate hearing had this to say about some of the schools they investigated and everest was one of them All 15 schools investigated "made deceptive or otherwise questionable statements to G. A. O.'s undercover applicants." Four of the 15 schools encouraged fraudulent practices to help secure federal grants or loans to be paid to the school for the applicant's course work. Two applicants were encouraged to falsely increase the number of dependents to qualify for a Pell Grant; two others were instructed to conceal personal holdings of $250,000 in order to qualify for federal financial aid. Personnel at 13 of the 15 schools provided inaccurate or incomplete information about graduation rates. At four of the schools information to applicants on accreditation was either not provided or inaccurate. College recruiters grossly exaggerated the earning potential of students after coursework completion, and lowballed the actual costs of tuition, in some cases by 20 percent and in one case by 80 percent. Sham admissions tests and a variety of high-pressure sales tactics were employed. Certificates for completion of specific vocational or technical class sequences were anywhere from 10 to 27 times more expensive at some of the for-profit schools investigated by G. A. O., compared to the same training at a public college in the area. Associate's degrees at some of the for-profit schools ranged from 6 to 13 times more costly than the equivalent programs at a public college in the area. If anyone knows first hand I would like to hear about it.

evans3
February 17th, 2011

If anyone knows first hand I would like to hear about it.

Questions? Get answers from the Altierus Career College staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Altierus Career College?

Have a question about Altierus Career College?