Akronusedcars.net reviews

Tel: 330.818.6910

1 Review From Our Community

kevinr147
10/16/17

I purchased a 2005 Cadillac CTS from Betty O'Malley the owner of Chetstarts Auto Exchange in September 2017. This was only driven in short ten minute trips to work and appeared to have no issues. when my wife used this to take a trip about an hour away the car badly overheated. The car had a total of 38 miles on it after purchased. This was taken to a local, reliable auto mechanic in Navarre named Harvey's Auto Sales. Harvey's performed a number of first step diagnosis to locate the problem, system flush, thermostat check and water pump check. Harvey's notified me that the problem had not been fixed and further work was needed to find the problem, and also told me that all of these steps were were preformed recently, New water pump, new thermostat and a flush out connection installed. The mechanics were convinced that someone had already known about this problem and had taken the same steps to diagnose this problem. One week later Harvey's contacted me and said that the problem was a blown head gasket and cracked head. Also having a clean Car Fax I was also told that this car previously had severe front end damage with the front clip, radiator, AC condenser and many other parts were replaced. The rear of the car also had extensive damage at one time with the rear bumper cover and right rear fender being replaced, also the right side roof support Air Bag had been deployed. After finding out all of this I noticed something strange about the original title that was in the name of Betty O'Malley. The title was signed over to her the month previous to me making the purchase, furthermore the odometer was the same as when I purchased the car however, Betty O'Malley claimed that this was her personal car for five years. I honest believe that Betty sold this car off of her car lot, Chetstarts O'Malley Vehicle Exchange, LLC, as a private owner to avoid any Lemon laws, knowing that this car had expensive repair issues. I contacted Betty on 9/22, and she agreed to refund half of my payment for the car which was $2900. Total repair bill $4328. Betty has made no effort to contact me, and must have caller ID, she will not answer countless calls. This shady dealer needs to have her license revoked.

Questions? Get answers from the Akronusedcars.net staff and other customers.

Akronusedcars.net?