American Civil Liberties Union

American Civil Liberties Union

www.aclu.org

American Civil Liberties Union has a consumer rating of 3.67 stars from 3 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. American Civil Liberties Union also ranks 15th among Non Profit sites.

How would you rate American Civil Liberties Union?

“ACLU Website Review”

Anastasia B.
5/15/18

I have the greatest admiration for aclu.org. The website uses strident fact checkers and always publishes factual, substantive information. Every article that I've read is well-sourced, informative and very interesting. This site has some of the best authors I've read anywhere online. The ACLU gives the voiceless voices. Its work is important. Its website is cool and easy to navigate. This website deserves all 5 of the stars that it got.

“Extremely Prejudiced”

Darrell N.
5/28/19

I requested assistance on a civil rights issue involving the Bill of Rights. I was RUDELY informed that the ACLU only aids on certain issues and do not give any assistance for liberties they don't believe in. WHAT!!!??? It's pretty obvious that the ACLU is only interested in certain liberties they wish to protect. This is guided by the elitist few in charge. They claim they support no party, but it's obvious, by their very actions, that they support Socialists, communists, and liberal democrats. The Constitution of the United States can take a flying leap as far as they are concerned. And if you really believe their pap, I really have to wonder what you're smoking. Btw, just in case you elitists think I'm some sort of lowlife, I have 3 Bachelor's degrees, 2 Masters and a doctorate. My IQ is over 160 and I'm a member of Mensa.

anastasiab12
May 15th, 2018
therealprivacye
July 9th, 2011
My first and last review, now i'll be only a reader.

This is the site of The American Civil Liberties Union, "because freedom can't protect itself"

Freedom of speech is protected in the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights and is guaranteed to all Americans.

Freedom of speech is the ability to speak without censorship or limitation. Also called freedom of expression, it refers not only to verbal speech but any act of communicating information or ideas, including publications, broadcasting, art, advertising, film, and the Internet. Freedom of speech and freedom of expression are closely related to the concepts of freedom of thought and conscience.

The right to freedom of speech is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). The ICCPR recognizes the right to freedom of speech as "the right to hold opinions without interference. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression." Furthermore freedom of speech is recognized in European, inter-American and African regional human rights law.

This applies to everyone, every website, everywhere... that's beautifull.
darrella8
May 28th, 2019

WHAT!!!???

Questions? Get answers from the American Civil Liberties Union staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Civil Liberties Union?

Have a question about American Civil Liberties Union?