02.co.uk

02.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1 stars from 2 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. 02.co.uk also ranks 55th among Mobile Carriers sites. The most common issues with 02.co.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate 02.co.uk?

“A company not to be believed”

robert j.
2/17/15

On the 22/08/2014 my ex wife and myself went to an o2 shop because her 'o2 contract phone had been playing up , she was told she was entitled to a modest upgrade despite having the same phone for at least 4 years, I digress. Despite the assistant trying to persuade her to go for a new fangled android/iphone she chose a Doro 810 listed as £49.and some pence as she felt it was not 'to fancy'. (please bear in mind she was entitled to an upgrade) . After changing her plan she then paid the assistant the £49. and some pence for the phone and signed an agreement. When I read the agreement it was in actual fact a credit agreement to pay for the phone. Amount of credit £96.00 Total amount to pay £105.99 Cash price to buy outright £126.00 Are you with me so far she the signed an agreement to pay o2 £22.00 per month, £18.00 for the contract, calls etc and £4.00 per month for the phone. My story of woe goes on. She (my ex) asked me on the 07/02/2015 to take her to the o2 shop as her new phone was faulty (speaker not working) this I did. I dropped her to the shop and she came out some 30mins later and told me her phone would be ready in 3/4 days and they would send it to her. She also said the assistant tried to persuade her to pay off the £75.00 owing on the phone and upgrade (again) she declined.She did ask if it was possible to get a loan phone, but was told none were available. The assistant then took out her 'simm 'card and said all your contacts have gone, the imbecile did not even check or ask if he should back up her contacts on the simm card. She phoned the shop a couple of times after the period had expired and was told it was on it's way to her, she spoke to the manageress who confirmed it was on its way and had been dispatched on Wednesday 11/02/15.( she told an untruth) she then phoned head office in 'slough' who told her the same,' yes it's been repaired and is on it's way' Monday16/02/15 still no phone. Tuesday 17/02/15 still no phone. She phoned the shop, the assistant said the manageress was on a call, she phoned head office and was told they were sending a new phone, but they couldn't give a date as they had NO STOCK. She then told o2 she was fed up and angry and was going to cancel the contract, the response, WE WILL TAKE YOU TO COURT. Fine said she, do what you like, you have told me lies. I forgot to add that TELEFONICA UK LTD is the apparent owner of o2. for your own sake avoid this company, they are not interested in customer care just new sales and more money from YOU the poor sucker who unwittingly enter their shops and believe the lies they tell you.. I would also like to add that my ex wife is a pensioner and I feel that they have taken advantage of her years and trusting nature. Shame on you o2

robertj61
February 17th, 2015
Amount of credit £96.00
Total amount to pay £105.99
Cash price to buy outright £126.00
Are you with me so far
My story of woe goes on.
Monday16/02/15 still no phone.
WE WILL TAKE YOU TO COURT.
ihatesloppysitesh
February 24th, 2010
I can't believe such a huge company can have such a poor site. The 'registration' process is a loop whereby you are texted a verification code but never given the chance to enter it, just to start the registration process all over again. Trying to use the 'keep my number' service falls over with 'server not responding' and 'ask lucy' support page doesn't have any relevant answers! The only option is to call them...at a chargeable rate of course.

Questions? Get answers from the 02.co.uk staff and other customers.

O2 is a leading provider of mobile phones, mobile broadband and sim only deals. Explore My O2, Priority, O2 Refresh, O2 WiFi and much more at O2.co.uk.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 02.co.uk?

Have a question about 02.co.uk?