US Government's NSF

davidl30

3 Reviews for Wikinut.com

▼ Sort by: recent

12/17/13

www.wikinut.com is a fraud website.
This website is England based(wales) and is inviting bloggers to contribute pages. Its modus operandi is like this:
(a) Members contribute pages and website earns revenue by the ads displayed on such pages; members get paid according to number of page views they are able to generate.
(b) It is circulated on the grapevine that moderators blatantly cheat and apply differential compensation cum royalty rates to different members for page views-if proven correct by their full scale website data this would be a big financial fraud whereby a close group of members woven around moderators are cheating the other unwary members as well as ,perhaps, website owners as well. This can result in arrest warrants against moderators if police authorities are approached.
(c) More the pages contributed by a member the more revenue the website and the member earns-some members with huge page views find that they earn very little while other members with few views earn a lot.
(d) this punishment is,reportedly, meted out to Asian & African members who get a raw deal from uk/English moderators. If this is proven true by examination of site data then owners & moderators can be charged on both counts of racial discrimination & stealing money belonging to Asian & African members which is again a financial fraud.
(e) One American members was boasting in pages that she had earned like $70 in few page submissions(say 10) . she was ridiculing Asian and African members that they earned just $2 for 100 plus pages.
(f) Her account was removed as it was threatening to expose internal racist activities of the moderators of this website.
(g) Once a member(belonging to Asian & African region) has grown big enough to obtain decent revenue ,even after above unfairness, the website moderators quietly remove his or her account without citing any reason.
(h) Email queries on removal receive no response from moderators who are extremely lazy and negligent & most moderators are busy in other websites like bubblews trying to earn money as members. It seems they have no time to moderate their own website www.wikinut.com. if moderators are not owners of www.wikinut.com and if mods are paid at wikinut then wikinut owner should think in terms of checking the activities of mods for negligence and running this website in the shoddiest of manners.
(i) Any query or question to moderators gets no response for days together or there is no response at all.
(j) But members gets a rough hand as below:
(k) The website corners all ad revenue and pays very little to its members-members get a couple of $s in one year-website and its moderators grab 99 percent of revenue
(l) Website has a system of upgrading a member to higher royalty rates but that is not implemented timely or fairly,as per rules-members continue to languish at lower royalty rates even when they are eligible for much better rates-website merrily pockets their revenue-this is a financial fraud and loot.many members are blissfully unawares of status in this respect.
(m) Website has a system of upgrading a member when they achieve certain milestones-both in status and for revenue purposes-but this is seldom done in timely & fair manner.
(n) It would accept bloggers from all over as they are referred & invited by existing members
(o) It has a lifelong system of paying royalty to members for the pages contributed by those invited by a member.
(p) This is ingeniously and fraudulently circumvented by site moderators in following way.
(q) They park invited members in the portfolio of ‘members invited by you’ of the inviting members through anonymized names like “qwertyu” etc.
(r) As All such new members have to give id and names before filling in joining form at this website-so it is impossible for them to have names like qwertyu etc.
(s) this is a financial fraud engineered by the website. By anonymizing joining members names like this the moderators/administrators are essentially delinking their accounts from the account of the member who has invited them.
(t) This way website avoids paying royalty to the inviting members on the pages contributed by invited members.
(u) This is a huge financial fraud. For instance, one member brought in nearly 2000 new members in the period july 2013 to December 2013;his account was credited with three new members only whereas nearly 800 had joined actually.
(v) The inviting member was eligible for royalty of nearly $2000 on such invitations & conversions. But all he was paid was $15 only, that too when he complained to moderators.
(w) moderators got scared and hastily credited his account with $15 on two consecutive days-his normal daily earning from page views used to be just a few cents and he found he was credited with $15 in two days.
(x) In fact, it appears that the website is not running this system of paying for the work of invited members at all even when that is claimed on its website as operational.
(y) This way the website is grabbing and defrauding hard working members of thousands of dollars.
(z) This is a financial fraud punishable with arrest warrants leading to decent terms inside if police and Interpol(as this website has global presence on internet) are approached with names of moderators and site owners.
(aa) unwary members are not aware of black deeds of moderators and site administrators and owners.
(bb) How would you, as a member, feel if you joined this website and earned $1 after contributing 100 of pages in one year and when moderators are quietly cheating you in above manners?

9/14/12

I wrote at wikinut for a couple weeks then quit it wasn't worth writing for what they pay i have never found a place that pays enough to write there they make plenty of money off of what i wrote there but i get a penny every couple days when i was there they wouldn't delete my stuff I wrote. Other people there said they like what I wrote left me comments about how they liked reading what I wrote I have had offers to write books but they want to much I can't afford it. I write at a few place not for money yet.Wikinut is a lost cause.

7/15/11

My birth name is David Lowe. I am a UK based independent author, writer and broadcaster by profession. Most of my published work to date has been written under my birth name but, increasingly, I am using my pen-name of Lewis Adler.

In early June, under my Lewis Adler pen-name I began subscribing and contributing to a website called Wikinut.com. That website encourages writers and poets to share their work with the rest of the Wikinut community. For a couple of weeks everything went smoothly; with the seven short stories I'd published to the site attracting an encouraging number of views.

Then, quite suddenly, on June 22, I discovered that I was not only unable to publish new articles to Wikinut.com, but I was also unable to comment on other Wikinut members' articles. However, I was still able to view my profile and articles, and those of the Wikinut members I was following.

Since June 22, I have lost count of the number of times I have sent messages to Wikinut.com alerting them to the bug on my pages. Not only have I attempted to use their "contact us" links to report the problem, but I have also sent several e-mails to support@wikinut.com. In addition, on June 25, I even set-up a new Wkinut.com account in my birth name of David Lowe, but I experienced exactly the same "view only" bug on that account too. I, therefore, tried alerting Wikinut.com in the same manner as mentioned above.

Suffice it to say, I have had no response whatsoever to any of my messages. In fact, the only direct contact I've received from Wikinut.com came from samworm@wikinut.com on June 30. He'd been alerted to the problems on my Lewis Adler pages by another Wikinut.com member. I replied to "samworm" on that very same day; explaining in detail the problems I was experiencing, and also embedding in my e-mail, a link to the Wikinut page I suspected of harbouring the bug. Regrettably, I have heard nothing whatsoever from "samworm" since. Why, I even e-mailed him on July 7 asking him whether he's had any luck tracing the bug on my pages: no reply.

Quite apart from all the above, on June 29, I posted a rather unflattering account about my Wikinut problems to my Lewis Adler MySpace site. However, after receiving the aforementioned e-mail from "samworm" the following day, I decided to give Wikinut.com the benefit of the doubt by removing my MySpace critique immediately and replacing it with a "contact at last message…" which is still in place.

In a last-ditch attempt to get some (any!) kind of response from Wikinut, on July 12, I changed my Lewis Adler Wikinut profile page to include – in capital letters – a request that they delete my Wikinut pages forthwith. 24 hours later, I was still able to access my Wikinut.com profile, so I re-wrote my profile notes again to include a brief resume of the difficulties I've been having. I've still had no response. I do, though, have copies of all e-mails and other messages referred to above.

What troubles me most about this saga is seven of my copyrighted works are sitting on Wikinut.com for all to see. However, I cannot delete or alter them. Neither can I find a way of cancelling my subscription to Wikinut.com. By the way, I have not received any notification from Wikinut.com of any violation of their terms and conditions on my part. Had I done so, I would have been challenging any such notification vigorously.

My advice to any fellow writers and poets who encounter the, otherwise, attractive and convincing Wikinut.com website presence is: please think long and hard before enrolling and sharing your cherished work on Wikinut.com. You might find yourself enduring the same frustrations and indignities I have experienced over the past few weeks. Quite frankly, I wouldn't wish such experiences on my worst enemy.

About Wikinut