US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

mj61
9/28/14

Well, over the last two years I've bought about 6 vouchers. Most of them worked out okay, but there were some where the quality of the product was TERRIBLE. They had slap watches, that never arrived, then there were the cable clip organizers that didn't stick to a surface for more than about 1 day. Now I have a voucher that expired, but according to California law, the company will not honor the original price paid.

The reason: "We acquired the Tippr brand in 2013. Unfortunately, the entity as it previously existed is no longer in business and we do not have funds available to credit you for your purchase.": Now this is not a BIG voucher, but it cost $15. Due to many complicated reasons, I did not use it in time. Other companies have honored the voucher purchased value as required by law. To make me feel better, they gave me $5 credit rather than the $15. Obviously if they can give $5 credit, they have funds. Ridiculous!

I plan on reporting to consumer better business bureau and if I can find the California equivalent site for breaking the law.

Tippr has NO customer service. They have no phone number to call, no one to resolve issues, you just get impersonal emails to answer any inquiries you have. DON'T use them, there's lots of other reputable sites to use instead: Groupon, LivingSocial, DO NOT BUY from these guys.

petec21
8/20/14

THIS IS NOT GROUPON OR LIVING SOCIAL !! These guys have TERRIBLE customer service, no telephone number, and email replies either never come, or take a week for each new email I send to them. I ordered something from them. They promised delivery in 2-4 weeks of the item. It has now been 6 weeks. I had to call my credit card company and file a merchant complaint. Fortuneately my card issued me a refund, and is handling it from here via the money flow and will take their money back from Tipprs bank if they do not send the item to me soon.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER ANY MAIL ORDER ITEMS

tinah20
7/26/14

I have bought several vouchers from this site that I can ever seem to even get scheduled for. Tippr customer service will not even answer multiple emails to address the issue. I am being forced to go to my bank next week and report these charges as fraudulent as if I cannot even get a call back, I will have to assume these deals are fraudulent. I don't care what kind of deal they are having, what kind of savings, please save your money as ultimately it will not be enough!! You'll get nothing.

helenas4
7/1/14

Like Rita, I also bought not only one, but two tickets to Paris and London that could not be redeemed. They don't give me the credit or the refund. Rita I am very interested in pursuing a legal action towards them. Please, send me your contact. Minus five stars for them.

rital9
6/11/14

If I could give ZERO stars I would! This company is a SCAM!! I bought 2 tickets to Paris and when I tried to redeem them they said that they sold the company to a new owner and can't validate them now! I can't get my money back from the bank because its past the 90 day period!! I am so upset! I can cry!!! I am pursuing legal action! If you are interested in participating contact me!

sheriw1
5/26/14

I ordered a USB rechargeable AA battery set from them almost 2 years ago. They sent me confirmation that they had charged my credit card, but I NEVER RECEIVED THE PRODUCT. DO. NOT. BUY. FROM. THEM.

melanieb12
2/7/14

Sadly I purchased a carpet cleaning voucher from Tippr that turned out to be worthless and I have lost $55. Turns out I am not in the service area but I had no way to know that. If I could give them less than 1 star I certainly would.

susanl38
1/21/14

I purchased two travel vouchers for a total of $198 from Tippr for Bill Brown's Plaza Travel. These vouchers are not being honored and I have contacted Wells Fargo. The vouchers had one year to be redeemed and it is now past the 90 days. It is unlikely my funds will be returned. My personal recommendation is DO NOT BUY FROM TIPPR. They have not responded but Bill Brown's Plaza Travel said that Tippr has not paid and the vouchers will NOT be honored.

facew
1/3/14

I purchases two travel vouchers that inlcuded two nights hotel and airfare for either Las Vegas or Orlando for two people. You have two years from purchase to redeem the vouchers. Tippr conveniently sold that portion of the company to another organization who surprisingly are not honoring the voucher. I was told to dispute the charges on my credit card, but of course, it is past the 90 day dispute window and now, Tippr will not refund my money!!! Stay away from this poor excuse of a company, they are a scam!!!

matts15
12/26/13

Take your money, don't send the goods, never responds... Have to go through credit card to fight the charge.

tracyg19
12/18/13

I have purchased a couple of deals from Tippr. The first was an item that the company ran out of, then took months to resolve. Two weeks after receipt of the item, it broke-it was not worth the dollar amount given on the deal.

The second deal was a secret Santa box that was $27 and allegedly worth $100. Granted I took a chance ordering this but thought it would be fun. What a joke. There was a "pearl" necklace and earrings that had a price attached to them ($1.99!!), plastic crap made in China. There were 3 writing pens, one a breast cancer awareness pen that was most likely a freebie. A $5 strapless sundress that one can purchase from any tourist spot for $5 and the kicker was an inflatable Rasta hat. Seriously? This is all junk from a dollar store that was most likely going to be thrown out in the trash! This "deal" wasn't even worth the $27 dollars that it cost!! Shame on me, never again!

Please, please, please stay away from this company!!

jessicab36
12/17/13

I ordered 13 automatic soap dispensers. Three of them did not work. The website had no name or contact for the company I purchased from. I sent the defective dispensers with a letter using the return address on the box. The company seems to be MIA! I sent an email to Tippr asking for thier help. NOTHING! In todays economy I have to concede to a 48.00 loss. That really sucks! I will not use this website again and I suggest you don't either. They have one star from me because my review will not post with out clicking on one!

virginiab4
12/11/13

On 02/01/2013 I ordered Zumba DVD's for $29 and till this day... 12/11/2013 I have not received a refund or a resolution from a person. All I receive is an email stating that they will follow up within 48 hours. Please do not buy anything from tippr.com or any of the affiliates. I have read many reviews about people not receiving their orders!!!! Stay away!

christiner13
10/25/13

I ordered a sweatshirt hoodie and skirt combination in size Large and the the quality was VERY poor and the skirt came in size Small and the sweatshirt in size medium. There has been no response from their customer service and it's been 3 weeks since I've contacted them. Be cautious of these people

rosannas1
8/26/13

I ordered a Crown Smart Pouch (mini smartphone/wallet purse), and when I got the product not only did I realize what bad quality it is, but it's also broken: the clasp that allows the strap to attach to the pouch won't open...no matter what!

I contacted Tippr, and at first they said they'd give me a credit, but I insisted on a refund because I don't want to go through this again, and there is no return policy on the Tippr site, so how could I have known they won't return your money for a broken product.

Then the real fun begins...Tippr insists that I get in touch with the merchant myself. Seriously? So, I do. The merchant asks for a voucher number and a photo of the broken product. The best I can do is take a photo of my trying to open the clasp, and it staying shut--but that's very hard to demonstrate with a picture. Also, there is no voucher number... I took a screen shot of the deal confirmation from the site (I didn't even get a confirmation email) in which is clearly says "No voucher redemption is necessary." I mean, come on! Seriously? How do you expect to compete with all the daily deal sites out there if you have zero customer service?

lizp6
7/11/13

I bought a deal for a pair of Ray Ban aviators and it turns out the sunglasses I got are fake!!!! I can't believe they don't screen the quality of the products before selling them!!
I will be asking for a full refund!

kellyj16
5/20/13

Overall, the success rate of the Tippr deals I have bought have a 50/50 chance of being usable. Even when it is successful, they are slow to ship products without good customer services for reassurance. Additionally, vouchers are not stored properly into my account so I couldn't even print the voucher for when I used my service!

There are some questionable businesses that they lure into their services - my friend bough me a voucher for an airplane ride and the information was incorrect and my friend never got their money back for services not rendered.

Never have had problems with Groupon and LivingSocial. You are better off with one of those deals

mindyn
5/13/13

I bought a voucher through tippr.com and after a month later, I was told that the they refused to pay the company that is supposed to ship my items. They are a scam. Stick to Groupon and Livingsocial as these guys don't know customer service or follow through their part of the deal.

jennifero2
4/17/13

I purchased a voucher from tippr and when I tried to immediately use it, the vendor said that the voucher number is wrong. I reached out to tippr and they said to contract the vendor directly. They are crooks. Do not buy from them.

mikeh86
2/19/13

Screw me once, shame on them. Screw me twice, shame on me. Tippr is the fugly red headed stepchild of online businesses like this. They put scam artists everywhere in a bad light. Run away and don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out.

meganb7
12/28/12

ordered an item on November 18th which was supposed to be directly sent to my house. I have still not recieved the item and today is December 28th. I have emailed the website multiple times and gotten no response until today, and it was just an email saying my problem had been resolved. Completely worthless. DO NOT use this website unless you have money to just throw away.

rees
10/30/12

placed 5 orders, those that give a voucher and YOU turn it in worked well enough( some better then others) but the ones where the product is shipped directly after you order the deal on Tippr have never shown up. I have sent several e-mails and received no response.

bobt24
10/12/12

I purchased a converter from them on 10/3, they billed my CC on 10/5 and was suppose to send me a voucher to get the item from an online vender. So far, after several emails to their support site, nothing has been done. I have removed the charge from my CC (thanks AMEX!) and have filed a complaint with the Washington BBB, and am in the process of telling anyone that would listen to stay away from Tippr. Looks like another scam deal site...
I suspect the positive comments are from trolls or Tippr employees themselves.

shannonw4
9/26/12

Only giving 1 star because I can't give a ZERO rating.

NEVER received my order! It's been MORE THAN 6 WEEKS! Took 2 emails and a week before I even received a response from customer service AND the response they sent didn't even answer my question! Like some sort of template they sent to a bunch of people.

STAY AWAY! No deal on their site is worth this amount of trouble! Worst experience ever!

johnm148
9/13/12

No customer service. Ordered sunglasses, still not delivered 5 weeks later and all attempts at contact have gone unanswered. STAY AWAY!!!!

daisyk
Apprentice Reviewer
2/2/12

I ordered from them several times. The site is legit. All my deal codes worked. No complaints.

monicao1
EXPERT
9/11/10

Good site, good deals daily!