US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

tornadojimbelinob

I have the free App on three phones of my family members. (in 4 reviews)

keithw32

Plus I'm in home security and I am testing this app as part of a family security suite of tools. (in 24 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

tornadojimbelinob
2/8/16

I have the free App on three phones of my family members. It does not always show their location accurately all of the time, but it has been close enough. I know when they leave and when they arrive at work. This app does not work if they are talking on the phone. It will show that they left the house and are two miles from home then it will appear that they are just hanging out in the same place. Once they hang up the app will relocate them. If this thing has broken up anybody's marriage I'd have to say that marriage/romance was ill fated to begin with. I use it for a sense of security and it has worked well enough. If you really want to catch your mate cheating check their phone records, not the ones on their phone, the ones kept at the Cell Phone service they are using. Unless they are using an extra phone, then you're screwed, but cheaters always screw up. There's lot's of signs to be on the lookout for.

moniquej9
1/17/16

Becausr of this stupid app. I am often shown in places I am not places I've never been. My fiance takes what it says as gospel. I am beside myself. This app is ruining my life.
I had the app on my daughter's phone and it said we were in 2 different places and we were in the car together. It showed us going on different directions. How do I explain that to my fiance ?
This is the worst app ever

crazyb4
12/29/15

These reviews are awesome! Very entertaining...thanks for the app, the reviews make it worth it!!!!

shannont15
12/14/15

I submit to you my resentment and anger as a result of the information fallacies you have provided to the love of my life. We both signed on to your app to ameliorate our real time knowledge of our respective whereabouts. On several occasions your poor excuse for software provided not only inaccurate but implausible or impossible location information. Close shop now. Your irresponsibility causes havoc. Before anyone else has to waste time explaining your inaccuracies to someone who means EVERY THING to them, shut it down.

saras104
12/10/15

I am on a business trip, and this morning I got a call from my husband telling me that he is leaving me because life360 said I left my hotel room and went several blocks away from 5:02 to 7:02 this morning. I was asleep in my room with my phone beside me, but how do I prove that to him? This unreliable app may have ended my marriage of 16 years.

dantec13
12/4/15

Always on point for me and my wife

skyw1
11/12/15

So obviously I do a lot of traveling to other countries. Just this morning I have been to Egypt and Africa but yet have not left my house in texas. Like I have said before life360 is becoming more and more like Facebook meaning it causes issues in relationships and marriages because it is so undependable.

harryd15
11/9/15

We have been using Life 360 for several years and although it is far from ideal, it is by far better than other similar services that we used before. My friends and I use it when we go to Airventure in Oshkosh WI every year where there are 20 or 30 thousand people in a 300 acre area and have little or no problem in locating each other to within 50 to 100 feet. My wife misplaced her phone and Life 360 found it in our grandaughter's car which was parked outside our daughter's house where she had mistakenly left it. One of my friends likes to travel and I routinely follow him to places live Scandinavia, Taiwan, and other Asian and European sites where it seems to work just as well as in the US. Yes, we have had some of the problems described by others, but feel that its usefulness far outweighs its shortcomings! - HD , Georgia

margel5
10/30/15

My husband and I installed this app to find each other in a large crowd. That part works fine, but shortly after we installed it I got an odd text from my husband's work number saying that "home" wants to connect with me with a fake looking link it wanted me to click on. My husband never sent me anything from his work phone, though that number is in my contact list. It seems that somehow this a hack job. I wrote Life360 an email asking them to comment and guess what? Except for a form email, they never replied. We deleted the text and uninstalled the app immediately.

Tip for consumers: Beware of bogus looking requests and don't expect the company to help.

ricardor14
10/28/15

It is a good way to spy on my wife, but the other day she accused me of being in a town 25 miles away at 3:41am and its weird cause the time calculation matched up. I explained how i was abducted by aliens because I had no better way of explaining my self. She then tried running me over with a car for "cheating" on her. Wow! Thanks life 360, now I have to bail her out of jail.

rochellec6
10/5/15

Went to the pub and 2 scum stole my phone out of my hand bag i got home and found it missing but saw on my husband phone it was still at pub went back and confronted the 2 scum at pub and phoned the police they dumped phone and ran i got my phone back best apt ever

johnf174
10/2/15

Wife thought this would be a great Iphone 6s app for the family. Life 360 continually shows me at addresses I have never been to at times when I have been at home or work. When traveling to and from my work place (2 hours away) it often shows me stopping for long periods of time miles off of the interstate. I am tech savvy and was easily able to set up the app so I am not the root cause of the inaccuracies.

feliciaj4
9/22/15

It showed my husband a hour away from all during the night. He was in bed with me the entire time. It caused a lot of disturbance. How can this be corrected?

michaelc205
9/20/15

You got a love it. If teenagers hate it , well then it must be working .

rexa9
9/8/15

While I was in the bed at work at the fire station, it said I was 5 miles away in another town at a house I have never been at. I was talking to my wife, while I was in my own bed at the station, she mentioned the locator and while I was on the phone with her it showed that i went to that same house AND BACK in 4 minutes. Remarkable that I never left the fire station. Please all spouses realize the uncertainties.

bryanh65
8/26/15

I love this app. My wife and I use it daily to keep up with our kids. Some days, it is a little slow to catch up, but it is a great idea.

tracyh59
8/26/15

The other night I was in bed with my husband. The next day it showed me 7 miles down the road and gone for 30 minutes. Now he doesn't believe I was here with him the whole time and we are separated

cheric6
8/12/15

Keeps sending family members false panic alerts saying someone needs help when we're not using phone

johnm516
8/1/15

We have Life 360 premium. A lot of the time, we can't locate our family members. It's a bummer because that's why we paid the subscription fee. We hit update, and the update circle goes around and around for 5 minutes and finally reports that the person's location cannot be determined. Why can't it at least notify the other person that someone is trying to locate them. When it works, it's great. I can't condemn it completely. I wouldn't recommend it, however.

rachaelb7
7/28/15

Up until a few days ago my husband and I were using this app because a few times he left his phone at a jobsite and then people kept saying that he was being unfaithful to me. So I followed him for a week and wrote down where he was and date and time. He wasn't cheating on me at all. They just hoped I'd leave him so they could have him. So we were fine. Tonight however, it said I was on the other side of town when I was actually a few blocks away at 7-11 getting a drink and heading home when he calls me and accuses me of lying to him. In which he was about to end our marriage because of this app. I had to get on here and show him proof that this app was faulty to change his mind. So unless you fix this crap, I'm never going to use it again.

heatherb66
7/27/15

I have this to keep track of my 17 yr old daughter. Tonight she left around 8 pm to spend the night at her friends. Around 2 am I got a 360 notification saying she left home. I looked up her location on 360 and it showed her a few towns over, in the opposite direction from where her friend lives. I sent her a check in request through 360 and she checked in through 360, it showed her at her friends. Got that? The 360 map was showing her in one location on the map (about 10 miles from where she actually was) the 360 check in was accurate. I think it was showing her movement earlier in the day, just 6 hours behind. Saying she was some here at 230 am when she had been there 6 hrs previous at 830 pm.

daver69
7/17/15

The Premium service ($4.99/mo) states you get Roadside Assistance for 80% less than Onstar, AAA, etc. We have been a subscribing member for over 2 years, and when we needed them yesterday for a tow, they informed us they don't actually provide tow service. They simply provide the phone call arrangement call of a tow company. DO NOT purchase the premium service. If you have a smart phone, you can find a tow company just as easy as they can. Don't waste your money.

christya5
6/19/15

The whole idea of installing this program was to rebuild trust in my marriage. ... this program falsly indicated my texting at all hours of the night and morning to roughly 5 address locations in an approximately 200 mile radius of me. The number part of these addressed are non- existing, however the street name, city zip are all on the map. The program also falsly stated my logging on and off several times! When I called their support, the rep walked me threw some of my set-up that could have made a problem. I GOT THE SAME READINGS AGAIN! When my spouse called to inquire on this, the life360 tech indicated this was an ACCURATE READING!! I'm devistated! I'm in bed, asleep!! I feel like I need to go spend an insane amount of money to prove the inaccurate readings off my phone!!! Now I look even more guilty because I turned off my location and don't join my circle anymore. ... WHAT'S THE POINT?? IT MADE THINGS WORSE!!

adrienned7
5/31/15

Not only has the app not been accurate, I end up tracking down family members myself, only to discover I now have issues with the billing I will need to address. I have now been charged for two premium memberships two months in a row at $49.95. I would not recommend this app to anyone who is looking for reliability without frustration.

hr45
5/20/15

Never seen anything like it Never gives the right location. My wife has diabetes and thought I had lost her. We had a prime subscription to Life360 so I thought I was OK can find her. I when to this street worried crazy. Life 360 was telling me she was right there I walked past her a number of times worried sick. She calls me from home and asked were I am at this is about 3 miles away. What a flippin app! )))-:

claytonw5
5/18/15

I figured it out after three days of installing the software that Life360 is not for me. It looks pretty but dosen't really word. It just says that my internet connection is not okay but it always is. It's irritating. Plus, it almost always shows my child's location which isn't accurate. I just gave it up for FamilyTime. Location tracking is always spot-on and it let me block apps on my child's phone. It's a bonus. But Life360 has been a great dissapointment. Thank lord I didn't switch to Premium straight away.

samf37
4/29/15

most on here are correct. It is very slow in keeping up with movement. There are times that it is hours behind. But there are also times it's only minutes behind. It gets frustrating sometimes but for the most part I like it. I use it everyday. It tells me the vicinity my kids are in at least. It's rare that you ever need the exact address. I know when my kids are at their friends or school or the mall etc. It's way better than not having anything at all. I have to tell my kids to log back on about twice a month too but still worth having.

darrenm21
4/2/15

DGM- This app is hit and miss. It is not accurate 90 percent of the time. The time frame they say you where at a location is not correct. The streets are not correct 75 percent of the time. I would not use this app to check on anyone with any accuracy. In the end it will end up messing your relationships up with inaccurate data. I dont know if the pay app is any better. I guess the old adage is correct. You get what you pay for. Or in this case what you dont pay for.

argust
3/10/15

Tried this on our iPhone 6's. This app is hit and miss...it often doesn't respond (states in banner to check connection, when connection is fine). It also says my daughters phone is somewhere its not. I know this because myself or my wife are with her and it locates her miles away somewhere she has never been. When it does work, it's not up to date, but may often be hours behind. Definitely needs more work

tishar1
2/22/15

I'm out meeting people/strangers nearly everyday ... I'll take Safety over Privacy. I love that my people know where I'm at. Log on to Work xircke; log off when done.
My husband and I love the Grocery List.

bobb676
2/22/15

Clearly this app isn't reliable because it said my sister was in Florida. Except she wasn't, her phone was definitely in Ohio.
These kinds of mistakes are completely unacceptable. We thought someone had stolen her phone and gone to Florida, or worse, taken her as well. Don't trust this app, it's a complete JOKE.

jakes47
1/9/15

I hate this app, being a 16 year old, my parents are always on it tracking every $#*!ing movement i make, damn i cant even smoke weed in peace because my mom is always on there asking all these questions. Is there someway to get this app of the app stores?

treyk4
12/14/14

Unreliable at best. This app is not what you need if you're keeping up with kids, loved ones, etc. Not only does the app report people "can't be located" often, it then blames the person, not their garbage app. I had both phones that we had this app installed on sitting side by side. Life360 showed one 3 blocks away and couldn't find the other. After going through the troubleshooting list it gives you and finding nothing on the list applied I sent an email asking customer service what was the deal. A week later I'm still waiting for a response. Garbage app, garbage customer service, just skip this useless waste of time.

deb1242
11/24/14

I installed the free version of this app and later decided it was not something I was utilizing, so I uninstalled it. Today I happened to turn off my GPS on my phone and when I did so I got a warning that Life360 could not function correctly with GPS off. I looked back in my list of apps to see if I'd missed something, but there was nothing there(obviously) associated with Life360. I went to their support webpage to find contact info to ask them about this. What a surprise (not). Their contact link is disabled, there is no phone number, and I'm sure the snail mail gets thrown away. So I'm left with some sort of tracking / info -gathering piece of software on my phone that I can't get rid of. I will slam these people in every review site possible. DO NOT INSTALL THIS ON YOUR PHONE unless you want to be spied on.

Tip for consumers: If I could give less than one star, I would.

keithw32
11/7/14

I don't understand all the negative reviews on this product. I've been using the free version for about a month and love it. It's not perfect but what do you expect for FREE? I plan to upgrade to Premium to add my 84 year old Dad's dumbphone. I'm in Houston and tracking my daughter who is travelling with the Matisyahu tour throughout the southeast. She may be 26 but is still my little girl and it's comforting to keep up with her. Plus I'm in home security and I am testing this app as part of a family security suite of tools.

paolag2
10/25/14

It tears family apart! I was at my limit for Internet so I turned it off and was at my senior homecoming party and left around 10 to go eat and got home around 10:50. My mom blew up on me not believe me thinking that I went to go sneak off with my boyfriend and fool around . I would never do that I have too much respect for myself and I was with a big group of friends. Now I'm grounded and consider to be a whore all thanks to life 360

duncanj4
8/11/14

My wife installed this app on my phone, now every time im with my babies mama she comes bustin through tha doe and $#*!s everything up, how do I get this $#*! off my phone

billf20
7/15/14

loaded Life 360 Family Locator on 2 identical Windows phones. With both phones in the same house, one phone showed the correct address while the other showed a location 3 blocks away. "Update" did not improve location!

doch18
6/16/14

Location is unreliable & Support blames everything on the consumer. One recent night phone was on nightstand while we slept & L360 reported it at 20 different locations in 2mile radius between 12 & 8am. Free is too much for bad info.

artd2
5/1/12

Some how this site started to send me texts and there is no way to stop them or tell them I am not interested in their serves. I have to pay for texts so getting messages i don't want is like stealing from me. I texts me about 5 times a day and has been doing so for several days.
How the heck do I opt out. I am not a child and not married who the heck wants to keep tabs on me?

erins4
8/31/11

Dear all users,

Please be aware that the sex offender portion is not kept up-to-date. I have been trying to contact the company for weeks concerning this matter and have not been able to reach anyone.I personally know two people listed on the app who are no longer registered sex offenders. Sadly, as great of an idea as I think the app could be, the irresponsibility of life360 is coming to light. I would recommend using your states registry to find accurate information, rather than use this product.

mairynr
3/27/11

I need help

MY HUSBAND INSTALL THIS PROGRAM on our phones, I spent the DAY AT Work FROM 9 AM TO 6:30 PM I HAD ONLY 10

MINUTES FOR LUNCH LIKE AROUND 3 PM OR SOMETHING WAS WHEN I WHEN DOWN STAIRS AND GOT LUNCH ,

AND WHEN I GOT HOME THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM IN BOTH PHONES SAID THAT I WAS NOT AT WORK

FOR 3 HOURS THAT I WAS IN OTHER COMPLETE DIFFERENT ADDRESS LIKE ABOUT I THINKS HE SAID 19 BLOCKS

AWAY FROM MY WORK, IM A NAIL TECH IN SATURDAY I ALWAYS IM VERY BUSY HE DON'T BELIEVE ME PLEASE

HELP ME CUZ I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT HAPPEN BUT I CANT GO OUT OF WORK AT ANY TIME. PLEASEEEEEE...

rodg
1/21/11

Very useful suite of services to protect your kids and family. The most useful application is the one where your kids just have to push a button to check in and then you know their GPS location. Great value and I highly recommend this site.

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Life360 staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question