US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

brees4

Their customer service was so helpful (and was one of the reasons I bought a dress from them)... (in 828 reviews)

kims77

If they would respond to customer service issues and try to make things right, I would order again... (in 190 reviews)

katrinas7

I have ordered two dresses and plan to order my mother of the bride dress next month. (in 229 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

yoalil
3/1/15

return policy horrible they basically keep your money no matter what they can care less about the way the consumer feels NO CONTACT NUMBER ..SAVE YOURSELF HEAD ACHE. I WAS NOT HAPPY HAVING NO WERE TO CALL.PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE EVER .AT THIS POINT A DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANY MORE NO DRESS NO MONEY BACK.

Tip for consumers: totally "SCAMS"

kimb438
3/1/15

My experience with this site was wonderful. I found a wedding dress on jjshouse that I liked better than anything else I had seen in real life, and after agonizing for several months, I finally ordered it with custom tailoring. I'm so glad I did, it turned out absolutely beautiful. However, I have to add - the dress I wanted was a very simple, just ivory chiffon with no lace, beading, or frills. I also don't think it required a lot of tailoring as I am fairly skinny and average height. I was expecting it to take at least a month and the package arrived in ten days with barely a wrinkle in the dress! They also gave me a $30 credit after I wrote a review, which was awesome. Overall my experience was superb, but I did keep things very simple.

margiet1
2/28/15

I am having a very difficult time trying to get a refund on the two wedding dresses that I ordered, in standard size, and tried on once. I cannot zip it an dit is very small for a standard size, and they will not accept a return in the original packaging, tried on once. I am out some serious money and it is a huge problem. They have only offered me 25% refund on two dresses that have never been zipped up! Advise please for working with this terrible service?

Tip for consumers: They say that they finally will return my money andf the postage but I will believe it when i see a deposit. I only received a response from them when I complained on this site. Thank you Sitejabber!

cynthiab20
2/27/15

Very disappointed with the quality of the shoes. One of the straps were sewed on incorrectly. The heel studs were made of plastic rather than leather. The shipping took forever.

Tip for consumers: The company did offer to refund the goods but I still paid the postage.

dorotas
2/24/15

Second review: I have been kindly contacted by JJsHouse and they very quick in getting back to me but then they have always been fast. They were very understanding about my experience with the delivery and my dress and offered me full refund for the dress. I have lost duty charges money but can keep the dress (it's gold so not sure I will wear it) so all in all I can't fault their customer service. If you are buying from their site pease read T&Cs carefully. I would advise JJsHouse on getting more info about custom charges for countries they are sending most of their stock too so people can have a rough idea what it might be. Gov websites has rough ideas as well. This info should be available before order is completed so maybe around shipping charges. If I ever bought from them again, which from customer service point I don't have any problem, I would contact them before purchase and ask for more pictures, fabric sample and make sure measurements are followed. Just wish my dress was lighter as quality is good (apart from beads). Hope this helps. Thank you Veronica at JJsHouse.

First review: I thought I will share my experience with JJsHouse after finding this website. Of course I have found it after I have bought a dress so I was waiting anxiously for my delivery. First disappointment was when I have received a message from DHL to pay duty and custom charges which I was not aware off as they are nowhere on the main website. They are hidden in T&Cs but obviously asked to be paid £76 on top of the dress price is a lot. I have been offered half of the costs which I was happy to accept. Customer service was really quick with reply and Cathy that I am dealing with responded in time considering a Chinese New Year break. After that I had problem with DHL as they have left my dress with neighbours although I have contacted them and asked them not to do (they are heavy smokers and a bit on the dirty edge). DHL advised me that JJsHouse didn't put any restrictions on the parcel delivery so please be sure to make comments in the comment box when ordering to advice about any delivery instructions.

Now the main bit. The dress. I have ordered a lovely looking on a website champagne dress in quiet light colour, I have received a gold colour dress which j am soo not happy with as I look like like going to a prom and not a wedding. The quality of the dress itself is good although the beads are badly fitted (underneath the light fabrics they carried on with the thread so lots of knots. Beads should be applied individually). I can't see knots from the top but if I raise my train for the dancing it will be visible. I have sent pictures of bridesmaids in the champagne colour dress (same dress) and my photo to show difference in colour and all I received is that my computer screen colour settings altered the dress colour....now not happy about that. I have used my phone when I was buying so no settings there and also having pictures of 3 bridesmaids in same dress as mine but with nice champagne colour dress and mine in dirty gold colour is not satisfying. After a good start I thought they would reply with something better than computer screen colour setting! I have a good dress, not a champagne one and I can't stop crying and it's not what I was expecting to receive. I have been offered 15% refund but with gold colour in mind I don't think I can wear this dress :(

lloyds24
2/21/15

My partner ordered 5 bridesmaid dresses and jjshouse were very helpful and we received the dresses very quickly. Unfortunately, some of the dresses are a different shade of colour and one of the dresses has a couple of marks on it.
We have tried contacting jjshouse for a few days now to resolve this,and it has taken them a good few days to respond, which seems to have been because of spring festival.

The dresses are of great quality overall.

aliciam22
2/18/15

I finally received a call from a representative at JJsHouse after posting this review and contacting my credit card provider. She was able to authorize my return and full refund. She was very apologetic for the poor service I have received over the last 4 days. She was much more accommodating, professional and courteous.
I received a full credit for my dresses today. Veronica worked very hard to make sure she could rectify the problem. She answered all emails promptly and kept me informed about the progress. I received two phone calls from her, once when she started working on my case and once to verify I had received the credit.

I am happy with the dress I did keep, but I

Tip for consumers: Make sure you speak with Veronica if you are not satisfied with your purchase. She is excellent.

angelab56
2/13/15

Trying to reach the customer service desk for the best 2 hours and I have been unsuccessful. I'm very upset that I'm not able to speak with a live agent. The Live Chat agent suggested that I email the service department and they would immediately respond to my message because the number online was invalid. 2 hours later I'm still waiting. I wish I had read these reviews before purchasing since I'm trying to cancel my order because it won't make it to me before my daughter's wedding. Instructions said you must cancel within 24 hours to receive a full refund and I'm hoping that they honor my request AND I receive credit to my debit card for the purchase. I'm so disappointed with the customer service at JJsHouse. I was expecting more. I've ordered lots of things online before and never have I not had an opportunity to speak with anyone. The price is great and the dresses look beautiful online but it does us no good if she can't wear it on the most important and special day of her life.
Disappointed in Seattle

Tip for consumers: Finally received a email and a phone call from customer service rep Veronica. She was pleasant, very helpful and mostly importantly she cancelled my order and refunded my money. When I have more time, I might give JJsHouse another try. Again, thank you Veronica for terrific service.

alinam5
2/13/15

I have never been happier! all my bridesmaids received there dresses today and they look amazing! There was fast shipping,the style and the fit was perfect on everyone! Will gladly recommend them to others and will order from Them again!

lezat
2/12/15

Upon receiving 2 custom made bridesmaid dresses and being very disappointed with them, JJ's House was very quick to offer support and assistance in returning and refunding the money against their own return policy. The quality of the products definitely needs to be looked at but the service is fantastic.

Tip for consumers: Look through the fine print, it states that the company add on a cm or 2 to the measurements, hence alot of the reviews being that the sizing is wrong.

christineh33

Update on 2/18/15:
2 stars: I received a phone call from a representative of jjshouse. They informed me that they were working on my dress and that I would have it by the 15th of February. Well the dress arrived on the 16th and I must say that it is beautiful. The color is a little more yellow than I expected but beautiful. My daughter loves it
----------
1 star: I think these so called satisfied customers are fake. I ordered a dress in a standard size and paid to have it express delivered. I checked the status of my order and it says that my dress will not arrive until March. That's a whole month and is not express delivery. I can not contact anyone. I have emailed them countless times with no response.

Tip for consumers: I do not recommend this site to anyone.

brianf47
2/12/15

I finally heard back from JJshouse and was offered some of my money back NOT all! I'm still out over $100 for shipping and brokerage fees from UPS customs. I am somewhat satisfied with the resolvement of this situation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL REVIEW
I ordered my mother a custom dress from JJsHouse. I had a seamstress take the measurements EXACTLY where their site told you to take them. I ordered shoes to match and a purse to match the shoes. ALL IN CHAMPAGNE! The shoe conversion chart was WAY off and the shoes are too tight for my mother. The purse is a champagne PINK, which doesn't match the shoes at all. The dress is too tight under my mom's arms and the hem is unfinished and looks like a child cut it, with different lengths and actually a cut mark where they made a mistake and then cut below the cut line!! HORRIBLE!!! I also paid so much more money to have more of the black applique, just in case my mother thought the v-neck was too low. The company makes you order way more then you actually would need but they won't sell you anything less then a yard!! THEN when I went to UPS to pick up the package after paying SO much money for shipping I had to pay an additional $68 for brokerage fees from customs!! I was NEVER told any of that. I was so disappointed in EVERY aspect of the final outcome of my order. I now have to go and buy ANOTHER dress for my mother. SO disappointed! I would't reccomend this company to anyone! I will be contacting my credit card company as to make sure I don't have to pay for something that is so horribly made!!

sharoni2
2/7/15

I have just received my dress from JJs and am really pleased with it. I was wary after seeing some bad reviews on here but personally I think my dress is fab. Good fit, lovely material and exactly the same as the pic on the website. Bought it to wear to a wedding and the Grand National (Horse Races) and having tried it on and seeing my Husband's cheeky grin I can't wait to wear it. I found the Customer Service Team excellent fast efficient and eager to assist me whenever I contacted them. One word of caution don't forget to factor in the Customs Duty payment which I wasn't t aware of until DHL demanded it before they would deliver my parcel.

Tip for consumers: Factor in Customs Duty payment mine was £28.00

lizaa6
2/6/15

I just received my 3 dresses! Just Beautiful!!!! I did not get it custom made I used the sizing and it fit perfectly except for 1! It was slightly too big on the bust , no big deal will get it altered! The dress does smell a bit fishy and I am presently airing it out! Should be fine after a few days! The zippers are hard to zip up. I was surprise of the additional Custom I had to pay! So with all this I will give JJ's House a 4 star

ericah9
2/6/15

DONT BY WITH THEM! I went to post office to kip up the dress. It's at least two number above my measures. I did talk to my tailor and its imposible to make it looks perfect.
Now I can understand why you guys didn't let me make some changes in the design, and why the dress has left China soo fast. You offer the opción of costume and IT'S OBVIOUSLY A LIE AND send ANYTHING to your clients.

WANT MY MONEY BACK! Dont wanna excuses!

annp20
2/5/15

I have had several wraps and two evening dresses made my JJsHouse and two pairs of shoes.
I have no complaints.
But for people that are measuring themselves it is best to get a dressmaker to do this for you to get the tape in the correct place. Not only that but doesn't America use inches? Where we in Australia use centre meters. There are 2 measurement charts on most dress making sites and you need to let the dressmaker know which you are using. That is probably why a lot of dresses end up the wrong shape.
I think JJsHouse does a wonderful job considering the prices and their customer service has to be one of the best on the internet.
I do not have a dispute with this firm.

Tip for consumers: Get the correct measurements for your dresses, and your shoes ladies.
Take extra time to get these correct. It reminds me of a situation some years ago. America was designing a rocket with the UK. One was using the decimal measurement and the other was using Imperial. Then they wondered why the rocket went off course!

heidis13
2/2/15

I have had a lot of headaches with this company. Their size charts are off - don't believe them. Their color charts are not accurate. Their deals are good, but be careful. There is a pretty good chance that your dress will not fit or be the color you think it should be. From my experience, if you try to return it, they will give you the run-around. If you are patient, they will offer you a 25% refund. I finally got results by reporting them to my credit card company and posting a bad review on this site. Only then did they give me a full refund and told me to keep the dress. Too bad I won't ever wear it.

Tip for consumers: If your order turns out to be the dress you see in the picture, lucky you. If not, get ready for a hassle.

ginaa4
2/2/15

I custom ordered mother of the bride dress and the total experience was delightful. The dress if very well tailored and the quality of the material is also very good. The dress far exceeded my expectations and the customer service was excellent. They contacted me before starting to make the dress to confirm color, measurements and offered to very good suggtions. Would never be able to go in a store and get beautiful of a dress for this price.

mandic1
2/1/15

Purchased a "custom" dress from JJshouse and I took measurements exactly where they said to. $150 later ... I have a crappy, poorly made dress with so much extra fabric in the shoulders and bust I could wear football gear underneath! In additon to that i have about 5 inches from where my nipples are supposed to go in the dress and the "natural waistline". I contacted them right away and the best they offered is 15% off the dress after I pay for custom alterations in town. So I now have a useless dress I paid $150 and even with pictures they refuse to refund. DO NOT purchase from this wedsite. The refund policy is 100% lie! You will not get a representative to call you or take time to assist you. You will have better luck getting help at Walmart then fro. This horrible company. Please ... It's someones special day ... I WARN you that you will 110% regret buying anything from this site.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT purchase anything from JJ House

lorraineg7
2/1/15

I received my dress and shoes this week they look beautiful just like the photos on the web sites. I will be placing another order for my Nephew's wedding in May!!
The Customer Service Rep was also very helpful in tracking my order, they respond promptly by the next day.

Thanks again!

Lorraine

Tip for consumers: I was unsure about the site at first and nervous to purchase the dress for my birthday!! I am glad I did it was beautiful and tailored very well. So whatever outfit you choose this is the perfect site for outfit and price.

Lorraine

anikop

AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!!

I have ordered a wedding dress for myself and it did cost 217 EUR with delivery included which I thougt a really good price for value. It turned to be, this company wasn't a good choice. Wish I have found this review site before I did my order.

The first surprise was the hidden delivery fee (97 EUR) which I needed to pay for the delivery guy to get my parcel. My wedding is coming soon so I paid it to get my dress.
The second was rather a shock insted of suprise when I saw the quality of the tailoring. Runing seams, ugly oversewn seam lines in visible parts, threadknots outside of the dress where you can totally see it, deep cut out from the material on the back and the top of that two huge stains on the outside of the white dress.
I wrote the company right away to let them know what mess they sent to me and I wanted a refund for my dress considering it is in unusable, unwearable condition. I sent pictures to them about the flaws too that I've found. After this what I got from the company is just some referencing to their tailors's hard work (what is worth nothing in my case) and the little profit that they make on the dress and an offer to get 25% refund on the dress price. I refused their offer because it is ridiculous to pay even 75% for a dress that is in this condition. Now they offered a 35% but they are still ignoring the fact that what they sent to me is a mess not a dress and still refering to their tailors's hard work and the little profit what they make. I don't care about their profit or their so called hard work. I have paid for a flawless dress and what I've got is a useless mess of their company. Now I need to find another dress in really short time. :((

Long story short DON'T ORDER anything from this company EVER!!
Huge dissapointment!!!!!

Tip for consumers: AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!!

jenniferr72
1/31/15

Although I had some issues, the customer service at JJs House was outstanding. They were very quick to respond to my concerns and offered to fully resolve all of them. I was pleased with their level of attentiveness and willingness to make things right. I would order from them again.

vanessam25
1/26/15

Could never be more upset. I ordered address the quality was very disappointed couldn't even walk into it because the train was crooked. On top of the fact that I did not even know my dress had a train. We're not a bot due to the fact that I'm getting married on a beach. The dress looks nothing like my photo. And I had to pay $300 to get it altered.The customer service was awful they offered me their partial refund or send my dress back to Hong Kong pay the shipping for refund that would take them three weeks to process minus my shipping. He told me that the dresses are hands-down by dressmakers so all I asked was could they send me one so correctly like the picture and they told me now that those are my options.as you can see in my photo the train came to the right of my dress not the back.

Tip for consumers: Buy from your local bridal shop!!by the time I spend the 300 for the just spent 300 on the alterations went through all of the headache and still don't have the dress that I wanted. Just have a better version of the one they sent me it's not worth that.

andread33
1/22/15

I just received my wedding shoes in the mail and I am in love with them. They are exactly like the picture and with the insoles that came with them (an added bonus) they fit perfectly. I'm glad I followed the size chart and instructions or I would have ordered the wrong size by mistake. I'm a size 8 in Canada and ordered 39. If I ordered 38 they would have been to tight. I did notice that one of the rhinestones fell off as I tried on the shoe but I couldn't find the spot where it came off. I might spray some fabric glue to keep the sparkles from coming off the shoe. I also had to pay $36 in duty fees but that was expected. Thank you JJHouse. I was so worried that they wouldn't fit but I am so happy. I can't wait to wear them at my wedding in September!

Tip for consumers: Please be aware of duty charges for your country and use the sizing instructions provided on the site carefully. Measure both feet.

nicolg
1/19/15

THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOU A REFUND!!!

I would absolutely never recommend anyone buy from JJsHouse! NEVER

Their so called "return policy" listed on their website is a load of crock. I have been in contact with them several times about returning my item which meets their criteria listed on their website and yet they continue to barter with me about how much discount they are willing to offer me and post remarks to establish some sort of repentance such as they have had "arguments" with their managers trying to help me and the that dressmaker has already spent "labour costs" making the dress for me.

I find their "return policy" extremely misleading to consumers and I cannot stress enough not to buy from them! Furthermore do not pay any attention to their sparking "reviews" as they have been carefully picked though to look their best. All you have to do is google JJsHouse reviews online to get some real information about how their business operates and treats their consumers.

BUYER BEWARE

lisah103
1/17/15

Update: Veronica from customer service contacted me shortly after and was very sympathetic with the situation. She has agreed to cover my extra charge and refund the dress so that it can go towards alteration fees. This was very kind. Although I was not super satisfied with my order, I can say that their customer service is exceptional and they do care about the customer's satisfaction.

I ordered my daughter's prom dress from this website, deciding to take a risk against these reviews and hoping for the best. We chose the custom sizing option as she was in between sizes and wanted to make sure it was the best fit possible. The dress came fairly quickly but I was surprised when the postman demanded a payment of $76 to release my dress in terms of customs and duties fees. This was upsetting as that was over a third of what my dress cost me! After contacting them, they only offered to help "share" the tax expense when that should have been fully covered by them in the beginning! So I paid the fee and received the dress. Before she even had an opportunity to try it on, beading was falling off the dress making it extremely poor quality. Also the sizing was off and it was way too big around the bust. I'm quite disappointed, and I am not even able to return it because of the custom sizing and even if I could it would be extremely expensive to send back. I do not think I will be ordering again in the future.

sandia2
1/9/15

Got a late start shopping for a dress my hubby to be found jj house omg. He didnt read the fine print and we ordered about 2 weeks from wedding well fone print basicly said would not be ready for about 12 days and then expedite shipping would be about 3 days but my hubby called and explained what happened and well I get married this Sat. and its Tue. My dress is here and I hope I look as good in it as I think Lol. Love it.

Tip for consumers: I dont normally shop online but glad I did.

brentonf1
12/29/14

We are have been looking for weeding items for a while on the internet and stumbled across JJsHouse.com. As usual you see things that are cheap and expect the same. But we seen a couple of reviews and thought we would buy something small to start with so we ordered our invites through them, they arrive in less than a week (to Australia) you can imagine we were surprised. But even more suprised at the quality they were great, then we ordered the "LOVE" table name holders, again very quick delivery and looks exactly the same as the website. Next we ordered the wedding ceremony reception kit (flower basket.ring pillow, guest book and pen) delivered in less than a week and looks exactly the same as pic, we also ordered an engraved cake cutting set. This took an extra 4 days roughly than the others but im guessing thats because of the engraving. I also sent an email asking about their wedding dresses and they replied within 8 hours (time diffeence US/AUS) So we are so happy so far and will give the wedding dress ago and hopefully it just as good as the other items.

Tip for consumers: Try it!! you wont be dissapointed :)

sarahd56
12/26/14

I recently ordered two pairs of dance shoes, one being to match a dress that I had made for a New Year Ball. The shoes arrived, one pair was fine but the other doesn't match the dress as it isn't the same colour as in the advertisement. I have made it clear that I don't want the one pair of shoes as they are not as described and wish to return them, but no, they keep offering either 30% off for a pair of shoes no good to me, or 50% coupon to buy something else from them. I have explained why these options won't work for me as I don't wish to buy from them again. They asked for photographic evidence which I sent twice. One of the reasons for this is the unexpected and expensive Duty and VAT charge for delivery. This was not seen at time of purchase and I am trying to explain this point with them as I had already paid the postage costs so extra costs were misleading to the sale. Horrendous company to deal with, they make promises they don't keep and believe that if they keep avoiding the issues and asking for further evidence which I keep sending them. They use a false email address as well. It's all a wind-up and I feel robbed!
Because I put a negative review on this site they have since refunded a lot of the cost but I wouldn't deal with them again - ever!

Tip for consumers: Just don't bother with them at all.

neelimap
12/23/14

Had a very good experience with JJHouse. The customer service was prompt and had constant updates from them which gave assurance that everything was going ok with my order. Will recommend this site to my friends and will continue using it. Thanks for promoting such good customer service. Thank you.

memzo
12/21/14

I had issues at first with my dress but their customer service is impeccable and they fixed all of my issues without any hassle! Thank u JJs House!!

mamieh1
12/21/14

I purchased a wedding dress for a family in need. The bride was so excited to receive a beautiful dress. I paid the shipping charge with dress order so was dismayed when ups vid for $43.00 showed up! I paid the additional charges after receiving email that I would be compensated for additional charges. When I unpack dress I notice beads are missing from bodice and that pleats are not sewn properly . I immediately tried to contact customer service... No telephone number just email. Now they are refusing to let me return defective dress!!! Update: I did receive a phone call from representative after posting review. The cosr of dress was refunded. The shipping and customs charge ($65) I lost. However, I did not have to return defective dress so I will find someone that can repair it and than donate it to someone in need. I wish it had been handled this way to begin with.

amyk21
12/19/14

Worst customer service ever! They don't take returns even in original condition. Dress doesn't look anything like picture that my friend wanted for her wedding. Their response is we enhance the photo and every body has different height. No it is not the same dress. Do not order from them!!!!

After a few emails and reviews Veronica emailed me and was excellent! She saved them. Veronica was apologetic and very understanding. They should have her respond to everybody. They are going to let me return the dress. They should be thanking her for her hard work

charityl2
12/18/14

I ordered my wedding dress and flower girls dresses from this site. Everything fit perfectly. The dresses were beautiful!!! I even ordered the shoes and some jewelry from the site. Everything was exactly what I expected. The bad side is the shipping the US cost me an extra $60! I talked to the company about this and they refunded the money. I will use JJ's House again. I can't express with words how beautiful it all turned out

loris120
12/16/14

This is a horrific website. They are only out to dupe you.

They will not accept returns. This would be acceptable if such notification was made prior to service. And now they're littering this website with fake accounts to purchase glowing review of the company.

AVOID THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE HORRIBLE.

~

UPDATE: After publishing this review and threatening legal action, JJsHouse quickly offered to refund in full, blaming the prior refusal to refund on an uninformed employee. JJsHouse then quickly requested a revised review here.

JJsHouse clearly thinks very little of its customers: The scam is to dupe people into thinking they can't get a full refund, but the moment their outrageous actions are called out publicly or might be challenged legally (i.e., clicking the "continue checkout" button results in a completed checkout without the opportunity to review a final order, in violation of contract law), they refund the money with the hope that their public image might be redeemed.

This site has an alarming number of reviews that are fawning; gee, I wonder if JJsHouse has manufactured fake reviews to make itself look good despite its atrocious and dishonest business practices?

Tip for consumers: Absolutely, positively, do not use JJsHouse.

kimberj
12/16/14

We are renewing our vows so I ordered a wedding dress from JJsHouse.com I liked the idea that they could customize the measurements for me and the prices seemed reasonable. I ordered priority shipping. I just received an UPS slip stating that I have to pay a BROKERAGE FEE of $86.20. I verified with UPS if this is a tax or tariff and they said no, it was a BROKERAGE FEE paid to a private entity. UPS couldn't deliver my package to me unless the BROKERAGE FEE was paid! With utter disappointment I declined the package. My dress was only $300 and it was a stretch for me to pay for that! I couldn't and wouldn't pay the $86.20 BROKERAGE FEE. I contacted the company and they are offering to pay for a PORTION OF IT!! NO way!! I am disupting the entire purchase with my credit card company. THIS IS A SCAM!! This place ruined my plans for our wedding renewal vows because I didn't get my dress. I am sad, upset and I am disgusted....

Tip for consumers: Ask in advance in writing if they are collecting a brokerage fee of any kind. Do not fall for the brokerage fee scam!!

megane2
12/12/14

UPDATE: After communicating with JJs House some more I was able to get a full refund after posting this review.

I ordered 2 bridesmaid dresses from this site and once I received them the bride wanted to return them to get different dresses and get different colors elsewhere.

First off, the dresses were in good condition and still had the tags on them and they should have had no problem accepting them back and giving me a refund. Instead I am told that they can't and didn't give me a legitimate excuse. I am a poor college student who barely has enough to survive and they refuse to give me a refund. I am sorely disappointed in this company.

They DO NOT care about customer satisfaction and were not willing to help me return and get a refund on my items. I looked at their terms and conditions to see if there was anything that said my purchase was final sale. And I found nothing, also when I inquired of the return they only said that it was "really hard" to accept returns. That is not a legitimate excuse. They really have no excuses to reject my return and want of a refund, except for the fact they are money hunger.

I will make sure to tell all my friends and family not to order from them unless they want to be scammed and cheated of their money and time. Luckily, I'm a college student and have many friends who are engaged and will get married in the future. So at least I can give them advice to avoid this online store like the plague.

I've also had many other online store work with me that have allowed me to return my items and get a refund. I can't believe that that this one store is so cheap and so fixed on money that they only care about their numbers not the people. AVOID THIS STORE.

cherinee
12/12/14

The site is not a fraud, they are very serious and honest in all products.
i am ordering with them from time and they so helpful, specially on custom orders.
The quality is perfect for the fabric and the tailoring.

They are perfect
I recommend them

peggyo1
12/8/14

I am more than happy with my dress the fit was perfect .
The finish of the product was excellent .
I could not fault it in any way.
I received feed back immediately.
I am one very satisfied customer and would recommend it to any one.
I will definitely shop at jjshouse again should the occasion arise for that something very special.

sofiat1
12/8/14

I am stunned to read the no.of negative reviews and do feel terrible about those who got sub standard service from JJsHouse. The reading has left me slight cautious for further orders! However, at the moment I'm putting aside my trepidation to say...EXCELLENT SERVICE! JOB WELL DONE! This is the first time I have ever ordered anything from JJs which came highly recommended by a family member! I ordered a ball gown for my daughter and from the start, I didn't seem to comply with JJs requests. Wrong measurements, delay in re-sending and finally the request to cancel since the clock was ticking for delivery! However, right from word 'go' Ms Jenny Wu always got back to me the minute I sent a query!! Thought she was sitting right across the table! It took nearly a week for me to actually get the right measurements across...was expecting the order to arrive on the eve of the event but.....it arrived more than a week before, absolutely exquisitely tailored! Total time from first email to receipt was just over 3 weeks!! The shoes too are totally divine and my daughter is well over the moon! So please keep up the good work and THANK YOU! Especially to Ms Jenny Wu for her patience and support! She actually even called me in Switzerland a couple of times to check the measurements!!!

shamirap
12/6/14

Although the dress wasn't the right fit, Veronica was very helpful to assist me in a way that was very genuine. Excellent service and communication from her.

Tip for consumers: Best to do custom size orders instead of pre-made. Wonderful service.

ekaterinan
12/4/14

Terrible company! Ordered some dancing shoes, in my size, when they arrived they were much too small. Later found that JJsHouse use non standard sizes, and after emailing several times they refused a refund or exchange to my size and I was offered 40% off my next order from them!

Next there was an unexpected custom charge of £18(which was not mentioned the site) after paying JJsHouse over £16 for postage! and it was not clear that the items were coming from china. When the total value was under £50, and having to pay £16 postage and another £18 customs, Would I order from them again with 40% off and to have all this aggravation????????????

So now I have some useless shoes that do not fit and custom charges on top of the expensive postage. Do not order from this company!

Update:
Veronica, a pleasant lady and supervisor of Jjshouse, has contacted me and said the company would make a full refund of my purchase (except shipping cost though) and half of the custom charge and it would take a few working days to receive it.

Tip for consumers: Do not buy from this site !!!

karlab2
12/1/14

What a great disappointment. I just got the dresses that I ordered almost 2 weeks ago when I expected to get it in several days, before realizing after I ordered it that there was "processing time" as well. My first surprise was when the delivery man came to my door asking to get paid for another charge I wasn't aware of for the customs fee, which was never explained to me when I ordered online. I paid an extra 40 dollars in addition to my 250+ order. I also never expected the dresses to come from China, which explains the poor fit and quality of material. Please don't order your dresses here, what a waste of money.

Update: after posting this review, jjshouse contacted me and offered a refund, which was pleasant. I got a full refund and kept the dresses. It was nice that they changed their policy to actually improve customer satisfaction. Thank you.

dw480
11/25/14

My experience with JJSHOUSE.com was problematic at best. I placed an order, receoved the merchandise and was not pleased with the fit or quality of the item. I have gone back and forth via email to return the merchandise and receive a refund. Well, JJSHOUSE wants to give me a 25% refund on the $70+. I would NEVER recommend this online shopping site to anyone!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Do NOT use this site.

katherines7
11/24/14

This is simply a horrible place to shop for weddings. The refuse to take back anything despite giving them the "picture proof" they insisted upon showing that the dress doesn't fit you (how humiliating is that?). I went by their size chart and can only waddle around like a penguin in a dress that I can't return or even exchange. They offered me a 15 percent discount for alterations….for a dress that is way to small in the sleeves and poorly crafted…you can't just make fabric magically appear through alterations. They claim that even though I ordered a standard size dress with no changes…that it is impossible to return it as it is "custom made." Stay away, this place is a scam, and who wants to go through the hassle of this for their wedding.
Update:
After reading my review on this site, JJshouse offered me a refund for the dress (minus shipping) and told me to keep the dress as they didn't want to bother with having it sent back. This was lovely (not sure what to do with the dress though) but the loveliness began to end shortly after. Since then they have constantly hounded me to change my review on here, several emails and many phone calls, including two on Thanksgiving day. I told them that once I received the refund I would update, so here's the update. To give fair warning, they seemed to act like a refund was an exception to the rule. I would not go into this company expecting a refund or exchange. The manager of customer service is very pleasant to talk to.

Tip for consumers: Avoid if at all possible.
Update: Still would avoid.

clairej6
11/22/14

I purchased a Homecoming dress from JJsHouse, for my daughter. It came within a week with the expedited shipping. The dress looked exactly like it did online and it was beautifully made.

Unfortunately even though we ordered the dress in the smallest standard size they had, the dress was still to big on my daughter and we had to pay to get it altered (which was nearly as much as the dress, because of the design). I would have used the Custom Size available through JJsHouse, but i was concerned that i would not receive the dress on time

I would absolutely order from JJsHouse again, but i will probably Custom Size it next time.

patriciam44
11/22/14

Hace una semana que les he escrito y no recibo respuesta.
Quiero devolver mi pedido. No lo he recibido todavía pero me han llamado de la empresa de transporte diciendo que tengo que pagar 50 euros más por gastos adicionales. Me niego a hacerlo, en ningún momento se me comunicó nada de esto. Creo que no es legal ya que esto debería ser avisado previamente a la compra.

Espero tener noticias suyas en brevedad

kims77
11/18/14

UPDATE TO FORMER 1 STAR RATING:
I was contacted by Veronica who was very eager to make me happy. She responded to my complaint with the offer of a full refund on the dress. She was very nice. She definitely redeemed JJ's House in my eyes. So much so that I decided to try again. I ordered my replacement dress from them. I am hoping for the best, but feel much better about it knowing that Veronica is there to back up her company.

1 STAR RATING:
I was nervous about ordering from jjshouse.com after reading these reviews and I should have trusted my gut. 1st, the website doesn't let you cancel your order within 24 hours like it says, and they never responded to my inquiry from 2 weeks ago that they state they'll respond to within 48 hours. When I got my dress, although I had already paid shipping, there was a COD on the package and I had to give the UPS driver a money order for $43 payable to the sender. The fabric quality was good and there are details I really like about it, but my dress has pick-ups in the skirt part that are HORRIBLY done and they aren't anything like the picture. I wouldn't have enough faith to try this site again and wouldn't recommend it. Also, I noticed that every rating on their site is 5 stars-we all know that's not true, judging by the reviews here. Jjshouse seems to be really dishonest...

Tip for consumers: If you order, don't order anything with too much detail.

alw32
11/16/14

I'm writing to edit my review. Although my initial shopping experience was not a good one, the JjsHouse customer service rep contacted me and after talking and emailing we were able to reach an agreeable and satisfactory result. So they do have great customer service and the dress very beautiful. I had to get it altered (even though I had ordered it custom made), but I love the dress design and the quality. I might shop here again in the future, but only after talking to a representative to make sure I will get what I order. That said, they surprised me when they called me to see if I had tried on the dress and I think that shows high integrity on their part. Though I wish they would improve on their customizations and color (my dress was off-white, though I ordered white), I definitely think it's a great company that has very beautiful and affordable dresses. I don't know whether I would recommend the site to my friends yet, but I am not disappointed in them anymore. I give them five stars in everything except shipping, so overall 4-stars which is not bad.

Tip for consumers: UPDATE: Great customer service and great quality dresses at affordable prices. Be warned tough that you might have to pay a bit extra when the dress is delivered.

ambereent
11/15/14

I ordered 2 dresses for my girls. I loved their dresses.beautiful stitching good material n awesome design.i got the same thing what I ordered.i am so happy that I didn't wasted my money.people who says this is scam and don't order from this website they are stupid they don't know how to give measurements.so much reasonable prices.thank you so much jjs house.my order was also on time

Tip for consumers: give your measurement according to their size chart. I guarantee you your dress will be amazing .people who said this website is scam and blah blah they lied . they are stupid. they don't know anything.