US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

shanig2

But I found the perfect dress and couldn't get it out of my head. (in 978 reviews)

brees4

Their customer service was so helpful (and was one of the reasons I bought a dress from them)... (in 243 reviews)

katl43

My sister chose bridesmaids dresses with jjshouse, which look nice and fit the description. (in 270 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

laurae33
5/2/16

I was hesitant about ordering from this company since they are based out of Hong Kong. I have shopped online many times and have always steered clear of out of country businesses. I was looking for a formal dress for my 14 year old daughter, she fell in love with one on the JJ's House website. It wasn't until after she found this dress that I discovered the company was out of country. I read several the reviews from different sites and decided to take a chance. I am so glad I did! On April 12, 2016 we placed our order, praying the whole time as I was typing in my debit card information that it wasn't a fluke and the dress would look like the picture on the site. I love the idea of the custom made dress. The website was very user friendly, and customer service was very helpful and responded to an email I sent them within 13 hours. (There was no problem, I sent an email to make sure we were on track and the dress would be shipped according to what the order confirmation stated - and it was). I received a shipping notification email on April 20, 2016 and the dress arrived to my front porch right after lunch on April 22, 2016. The dress is absolutely beautiful and looked just like the picture and the measurements were just as I submitted. I was/am completely satisfied with this company and my order. I would definitely purchase from them again!

Laura
Adel, Georgia
USA

brockb6
5/2/16

My wife had bought a dress online frim jjs house and when she tryed it on it was faded in the back and didnt fit her the way that she had planned on. She was so thorough with her measurments and had them professionaly checked so that she knew they were right. Maybe its different in Hong Kong sizes hell maybe she should have went there and had her measurements taken and then there surely would have at least been no mistakes in the size. Yea right. This website is the worst online dress company ive ever seen. Everyone knows that a woman can and always will try on dresses and be uncomfortable in them even if they fit right. I think this website is part of the reason why americas economy suffers. They sell something knowing 95% of women who try on the dress they buy wont fit them. Thats why the dont honor the return. They make money one dress at a time. I wouldnt be surprised when they go out of buisness. I mean damn look at all the horrible reviews i saw when i googled jjshouse review. Haha kiss my ass jjshouse my wife will never buy a thing from you or any other company that may be connected to you in any way. Beleive me i will make her search everytime she buys online to make sure your not connected. Have a great beeeeeeeeep day!

ritae4
4/30/16

Had a problem, getting it resolved!

linej
4/27/16

I bought a dress from these guys that looked stunning in the pictures. They had a huge selection which was great, so that I could select a style that suited my body type. I picked my UK size, and off we went. It arrived just at the end of the window they had estimated, from China. The dress was of poor quality, sequins and lace looked and felt so cheap (couldn't see these in the pictures), and it was so small I couldn't get into it, so I was not prepared to send a photo as I would be half-starkers in it, although this is a requirement for a refund. It took several messages before they would authorise a refund and when they finally did, I had a week to have it returned to an address in Manchester, or they said they held the right to refuse a refund if it was returned to them by any later than 7 days. I sent it immediately, tracked (definitely do this!!), and a week later I still hadn't had my refund, which should have happened instantaneously as I paid with PayPal (not PayPal credit card). They said they had checked with the logistics department and that my dress had not been received!!! They asked what postal service I had used, and if I had a tracking number, which confirmed to them, and they had received it a week before. Had I not had a tracking number they would have denied all knowledge of receiving it back, so please ensure you do this if you do bother with them. They then proceeded to tell me they were 'processing' my refund and they would send an email to confirm when it had been done. A day later I was fed up, and told them if I had not received the refund by the end of that day, I would take it up with PayPal. Surprise surprise I hadn't, so I requested a refund via PayPal. That worked! Got my money back, but no postage, despite them sending the wrong dress size (postage is £17, as well as First class tracked to return it). I opted instead for a wedding dress from Debenhams and the quality is 10 times better for only twice the price, and returns are hassle-free. You know what they say, buy cheap, buy twice. Sorry JJ's house, but you need to improve your quality, sizing issues, and customer service.
Ps. Do not give them you mobile number. Within a few days of requesting the refund I received the following text message from an unknown email: "Hi hope you're both well. I saw this and thought of you for ideas for the wedding" followed by a random hyperlink which looked like nothing to do with weddings in the title. I didn't click it, but JJ's house are the only folk I've given that mobile number to, about my wedding.

Update as at 29th April 2016:
jjsHouse customer services have been in touch with me on several occasions since the publishing of this review. They have tried their best to resolve matters, and resolving matters means:
- issuing me with a refund for the £17 postage, and the £3.90 postage I paid to return it to them.

However, the refund of my postage will only occur if I remove this review, and replace it with a 5-star review. Unfortunately, I have a strong sense of what is right and wrong, and this feels wrong and I will therefore not be removing this review but will say that their post-review customer service has been very attentive. Emily in particular has been very polite and proactive, however it is simply not in my nature to behave this way (removing a fair review and replacing with a 5-star review) to my fellow ladies. The last thing any girl needs is this additional stress and hassle this could cause when organising her wedding, especially the potential waste of money, the deceipt around non-receipt of dress to return address, the slow despatch after payment, the ill-fitting poor quality dress, I could go on.
If JJHouse send me a refund for the postage any way, as a gesture of good will, I will of course update this review. I have added one extra star, but still 2/5.

sandrad56
4/26/16

I was super nervous about ordering online and after other reviews I was even more worried. I ordered two and they both are great. I told myself I would put an honest review once received and I honestly think it was a good choice. I am so happy

sarahf79
4/24/16

I had a good experience with this company. Very helpful when I had an issue, I put in the wrong address. It was a big mess, but it is resolved now. As a result, I have an extra dress. Because of my mistake I am stuck with this extra dress, as their return policy is very strict and will only refund in the case of a mistake on their part. If you're like me, and ended up with an extra dress, or ended up with a dress that is too small, its on you.

When you order you have the option to get a custom size. These are made accurately to what size you put in (as confirmed by my tailor), so if you think you are a 31 waist but are actually a 32, its on you. Refunds are not an option but they do make the dresses with adjustments in mind. (They put in extra fabric because I imagine this happens a lot) As it turns out I do need to make adjustments on the dress, its just the reality of ordering online.

If you want a place that does easy no questions asked returns, you may want to look elsewhere. If you are careful and are okay with the risk of possibly getting alterations, then this is a great, inexpensive option! There is a lot of variety and the prices are great. I also want to mention that the customer service is not going to be fast, as these folks are located in China, so they will respond to requests in the middle of the night. They were very helpful and courteous however. If you order from them, learn from me and many others, measure twice, order once, and double check the address!

kl418
4/15/16

Customer Service was helpful in responding to questions/concerns regarding an order. Thank you.

josephg67
4/12/16

The food was good. Everyone was nice and our order was taken by a beautiful young lady.

randeen
4/9/16

I was very nervous ordering this dress online and not knowing where it was coming from and how it would turn out. I took my own measurements and made sure to leave a little room. the dress came so quick and the fit was perfect. I can't wait to wear it to my sons wedding in August. I may contact them to see if I can have a wrap made for it.

tj141
4/4/16

Currently waiting on a refund for my returned items. Will be happy if this is processed as promised. This issues were resolved and a full refund was provided. I am happy they followed through with their word. Just wish they did not make it so difficult from the start.

Tip for consumers: I said I would update my review and did so because they followed through with their word. I hope they look at the duty issues and should pay the duty for you in case you have to return the item as this makes the refund difficult. Also note if you return an item you have to pay for postage.

aliceh67
4/3/16

I have been ordering dresses for my vow renewal, wedding next year and JJ's has met the challenge every step of the way. Their seamstresses have caught mistakes in measurements and held production on the dress until the measurements could be confirmed. They have been in constant contact with me about colour changes that I have requested when submitting my order. I wanted one dress made in Ivory but the sash made in champagne. The picture of that particular dress did not show a different coloured sash in the pictures so a simple inquiry at the time of my order allowed me to have that changed. There service team has gotten back to me in e mails within hours! Their sewing and quality of fabrics and finishing is amazing! I still have one more dress to order and I will do it without hesitation. I have customized every order to fit me and my girls and they have fit beautifully so we saved a lot of money in alterations! Don't be worried when you order from JJ's House. You will love your dress and it comes very well packaged, turned in side out for the trip from China just to insure it has a safe journey and sealed in a zipper bag. The extra duties and taxes are well worth the moderate expense. I love JJ's and I hope you will too!

Tip for consumers: Always customize your order to fit you perfectly with your proper measurements.

mariean7
4/3/16

After I was sent the wrong colour of dress twice, I was left disappointed and frustrated.
I left a review on sitejabber which reflected my frustration. However, the company have allowed me to return the 2 dresses and fully reimburse me, as well as the custom charges. I have checked my Paypal account and confirm the money has been returned, just as they promised!

vedag1
4/2/16

I ORDERED A DRESS FROM JJHOUSE LAST YR FOR MY SONS WEDDING NEXT YR. WHEN I RECIEVED IT I WAS WAS VERY PLEASED. THE COLOR WAS EXACT TO THE WEB PICTURE AND THE DRESS IS WELL MADE MADE. CAN'T WAIT TO WEAR IT. I WAS SO PLEASED THAT I JUST ORDERED ANOTHER DRESS AND WRAP LAST NIGHT FOR MY NEPHEWS WEDDING IN AUGUST. PRAY THIS ONE IS JUST AS NICE.

sandrac69
3/23/16

I purchased a dress here for the wedding of my brother. I was the maid of honor!. I wasn't sure but I gave it a go......now I regret it...the dress didnt fit me and they are refussing to accept back the dress (the returning form is not included on the parcel, you need to request it, but they reffuse to give you one)...I paid:

dress 121.70
shipment 24.52 +
DHL 40.00 ( Though I refusse to pay this as i didnt request it but Jjhouse told me that they will pay part of it, something they forgot easily)
A total of 186.22

I tried the dress and it didn't fit me, the quality of the chiffon wasn't good unfortunately and it didnt have good finish.
At the beginning I refusse to pay the extra 40 euro to DHL so I contacted JJ house as I was going to send the parcel back but they said that after I accept it they will pay part of it ( a lie). the money I suppoused to save with '70% cheaper on shipment' they advertised on their website, I paid it at the moment I received the parcel.
I asked the returning form and for the devolution of my money and they said:
.......................................

2016-03-10 08:22:15
Thank you for shopping on our website.Please be assured that we have received your pictures and we are sorry that you have met such a problem. During the tailoring process, it is normal to have many threads left at the seam lines. We have specially-assigned people responsible for cutting all these threads but sometimes, a few threads are unintentionally left during this process. These threads however can be easily removed using a small scissor. As we do care our customers' shopping experience. Here we would like to offer you a 10% refund of the dress value or a 20% discount coupon and hope this can be helpful.The coupon will be issued upon your confirmation.
Thank you for your time and understanding. Hope to hear from you soon. Have a nice day!
..............................................................

Jjhouse is refussing to accept the dress back and offering 10% of the money..it is just unbelievable..! customer service thinks that a coupon is the solution..
I also requested to speak with somebody that can give me a proper solution....
-----------------------------
After many emails back and forth and written reviews about the customer service, I finally received an email saying that I will receive the refund, provided that I edit my review in one of the websites - Trust pilot. The money of the shipment and 40 euro of Dhl is lost = 63 euro to the bin. They offered a 40 euro voucher but I did not received it yet...... Lesson learnt!..it was, beside a lost of money, a lost of time and energy ... I changed from 2 to 3 stars as they confirm this refund. I am still waiting the money to come through..
---------------------------------------------------
24.03.2016 i received a code for the coupon now and still waiting for the money in my bank account.

lisab218
3/22/16

I ordered my wedding dress on 3-7-16 with paying the extra $19 for custom measurements for myself. The email conformation said my dress was expected to be shipped on 3-19-16. I got another email on 3-16-16 letting me know my dress was shipped and giving me my tracking number. When I tracked my dress it said it was to be delivered on 3-18-16 (which it was!). I couldn't believe that I got my dress a day before it was even scheduled to be shipped. When I tried it on, it was a little big in the breast area so I will have to have it altered, but that is an easy fix.
I was really worried about ordering something like my wedding dress on line without being able to see it in person or try it on before buying, but as long as you do that custom sizing you should have no problem. It's better to be a little big and have it altered then to have it be to small. I noticed that some people who didn't used the custom sizing complained a lot about the dress being to small, so I would defiantly make sure you do custom sizing. Defiantly worth spending the extra $19

lyndab16
3/21/16

I had seen many add about JJ House and foolishly assumed that they were a reputable dress making shop. The ordering process was easy and I even received an email confirming measurements. I felt confident of my choice of dress for my daughter's wedding, but that didn't last long. I received a call from DHL stating that I needed to pay $112 in customs and tariff if I wanted to get the dress delivered. I didn't have any other choices so I did. My dress arrived and what a shock. The measurements were all wrong. I even brought the dress to a local tailor to see if anything could be done about it and unfortunately it is not possible to make the required adjustments. The bolero that comes with the dress won't even go across the shoulders and the stitches pucker in the armpit area. The chest of the dress is made too big and the waist is completely off, too small so the zipper won't go up. I contacted JJ House through several messages and sent various pictures showing the dress. They said that they would give me a 20% on a new order or 10 % toward the cost of getting alterations done. As mention above, the local tailor said that the alterations needed to fix up the dress where not possible. If it was only one issue, I would have said mistakes happens but this dress is useless in it's present form. I am not interested in a discount, I would like to get my full refund.

Update: After communicating back and forth with the company and sending pictures of the problem, I was contacted by Emily. JJ House agreed to accept the return of the dress and to issue a full refund. I am very pleased that we could come to an agreement. You were able to turn what was shaping up as a bad experience into a great remediation.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Update: March 24th
My refund was processed today. Very pleased with the resolution.

Tip for consumers: The savings look good but beware of the extra charges and know that the customer satisfaction is questionable.
Review: After a few emails back and forth, I was contacted by Emily who was able to resolve my problem. Thank you.

kates67
3/18/16

No problems with jj'shouse.com excellent customer experience all round very supportive to my concerns immediate response from them to eliminate any concerns I may have had very satisfied with them.

valeriec35
3/12/16

I ordered a short bolero type jacket = Half-Sleeve Satin Special Occasion Wrap #76738 in brown I found it to be very well made, excellent value, the colour very true to the website and it was packed beautifully.Based on my experience I would recommend this company 100%.

Tip for consumers: Just order the size you always wear

zoec21
3/12/16

They really are amazing my dress is high quality and true to picture, very heavy and proper material not that horrid shiny stuff, refunded my export charge within 24 hrs, sizes are perfect, wouldnt hesitate at using them again, very very happy customer thankyou

aliciaj18
3/10/16

I was terrified to order from JJ's house because of all of the horrible reviews But the one thing that kept me ordering was when my aunt got married a year ago she got all of her bridesmaids dresses from jJ's house and they were all beautiful. When I reached out to JJ's house they replied to me right away And today my dress arrived exactly on time as they promised. My wedding dress is beautiful and amazing and looks exactly like the picture! I will be buying other dresses from JJ's house in the future and you should too! :) I hope this review really helps anyone who is nervous about ordering from there.

vivianz1
3/6/16

JJhouse was very willing to cooperate with the issues I had with custom tax. The dress is gorgeous and fits perfectly, would highly recommend them! :)

lizw33
3/4/16

I just received my dress and I couldn't be more pleased! I was concerned about quality and fit, and I need not have worried in the least. This dress is gorgeous! The fabric is great quality and flows beautifully. It's fully lined and the fit is just about perfect. I cannot wait to wear it, and I can't wait for another special occasion to order from JJ's House again!

hifsat
3/3/16

I ordered some wedding invitations from jjshouse and they were perfect. Just as I wanted. I asked for fast delivery as I needed them urgently and they responded well and I had my cards within 2 weeks. Customer services also refunded back customs duty and tax straight in my account. Overall very happy! :)

erinv8
3/2/16

My best friend and I just celebrated our big birthday and we both purchased JJ house dresses. We found that both dresses fit perfectly to size and verywell made and of high quality. We got compliments all night and repeatedly asked where we got the dresses. I would absolutely order from the site again very satisfied with our purchases.

brittnid
2/28/16

I ordered a dress from here, It was beautiful, fit well and the material was way better then I had expected. I decided to go with a different dress,I spoke with Emily from customer service they issued me a full refund and let me send the dress back. Would order from them again! Was pleasantly surprised. i would also recommend to friends!

joannal10
2/18/16

Ordered a wrap to go with my wedding dress. Ordered a uk size 16. Product looked beautiful in the picture. Had a text message just over a week after ordering from DHL saying I needed to pay a further £15 to have the item delivered. Skittle dubious but wanted the item. Paid and it was deliver 2 days later. Well I should have known !! The product didn't fit at all and I am distraught. Emailed the company firstly about the additional charges which they said they would refund (haven't had the refund in bank yet !!) then to tell them about the poor fitting wrap. Several emails have been sent back and forth and still no further forward in sending back the item. My wedding is in 2 weeks and I've got no wrap no refund for the £15 and no refund for the £48. Never ever order from this company !!!!!!!
I've now been offered a full refund by the company. Customer service were very prompt in dealing with this. I'll wait now for the refund to be issued back onto my card and will update further. Must say that Emily has promised my refund and now hand on heart will remove the bad review if the promise comes true.

annabellam2
2/10/16

I ordered a two coloured knee length $#*!tail dress and gave measurements so it would fit properly as the standard sizes did not correspond to what I would normally fit into.(it's worth paying the extra for this)
It's arrived, and I can honestly say, it's a really well made dress. The quality is as shown and as described, it has an internal bra strap to ensure it sits securely, the beading is well done......
I have now ordered another dress as I was so pleased with the first one.

maggid
2/5/16

JJs House has agreed to refund the amount I paid for their dress.

katl43
1/30/16

My sister chose bridesmaids dresses with jjshouse, which look nice and fit the description. We got a bit of a surprise on delivery as we didn't realise the VAT would be so high. DHL added an additional 30% to cover VAT and "disbursement advance payment". When I queried it with jjshouse, they were quick to come back to me, very pleasant, and reassured me that my business mattered. My sister had a tight budget for the wedding and they have offered to help provide a coupon towards our next purchase, which we appreciate.

vons6
1/27/16

Update : I had contacted their sales service , which was making me panicky till Emily contacted me. Emily responded very fast to my my questions, doubts and complaints. I appreciate the help rendered.
They gave me a few options for me to refund/return the dress. I choose to go for partial refund and a coupon code. Opted with the coupon code as I do think their materials is good and well worth. So I am giving them another try by getting other gowns from them (mother's gown most likely). I would use the partial refund as part of my alteration fee. My friends saw my dress and all of them said it was a pretty dress! (Except that it is too big for me)

Overall, their materials used and prices is attractive,so I would recommend! But do give them some time to get back to you if you ever need a refunding works. I am very satisfied with the conclusion! Hopefully the new dress would be good!

---------
I needed a dress within a month for my engagement , JJShouse assured that my dress will reach me in time. Indeed, it arrived in 9 days. However, dress was way too big despite me choosing Custom Order. I was so disappointed that I had to spend another fee for the alteration and I don't have much time left till my event.

Tip for consumers: The refunding process might be a bit troublesome as it involves shipping fees that are to be borne by the Buyer. Maybe choosing partial refund while keeping the dress might be better. At least you are not left with nothing.Unless the dress is in a really bad condition.

I would prefer their off the shelf sizes now as it might be better in workmanship and cutting.

patriciat42
1/16/16

Wish I could give them a zero. The reviews are true. Avoid purchasing anything from this merchant. Find a local business or one that will honor returns without it costing you your money or one that has a return policy that the customer is not paying to return the items. This company won't send a return form along with your purchase, because they have no intention on you returning or receiving a refund from them. If one has to return an item, you have to contact them for a rerurn form: which I did and which I never received. They sent me an address. They gave me the run around, I made 4 trips to the post office, finally, I received an email letting me know I had to pay for the return. In order for me to get my money back, I had to get my credit card company involved. I returned the package which cost me $73.30 and I paid shipping to me which cost $20.99. My total purchase was $154.00. So it's not worth the hassle they send you through. My opinion is the bad reviews outweigh the good ones. I do online shopping and never had an experience such as this one. With this company, it was one issue after another. I lost money in the process, and I really didn't care if they refunded my money or not, I just wanted to get the word out to the readers and perspective buyers: that you don't want to purchase from this company. Please, Please, if you are reading this review, also check out JJ'S House reviews and complaint. And Buyers Beware.

carolb100
1/11/16

Dress was of poor quality had a badly fitted faulty zip which even after a lot of effort to open will now not close again at the top tried to contact company but despite several attempts to show them they wont accept my photos. Would not recommend

Tip for consumers: after making contact I am now resolving this situation to my satisfaction and am happy with the Company response

cindyl56
1/2/16

After reading all the terrible reviews I was mortified. I was sick with anxiety about my bridesmaid dress that I had ordered before reading up on JJ House. When I had ordered The dress I had a good feeling about everything, the service was spectacular, live chat about any questions, walking me through my order and calling me at home about the special requests I had. (It was a custom order and they also made the dress longer) I decided to google up the company after they told me the dress would be here in two weeks, which was awesome if it could be here that quickly. But the reviews scared the sh*t out of me. I don't know if I'm easy to please or what, but the dress came in and it's beautiful. The quality is great! My dress was longer like requested and measurements seem good and the colour is what I chose. The dress I chose could use a second strap for better support, but all in all it's great. The reason why I didn't give a full five stars is because the only complaint I have is the customs cost at the boarder. It costed me $75.00 to get the dress at the border. Which caused me to blow past my $200.00 budget. But other than that the dress is great.

rebeccan21
1/2/16

This has been the worst nightmare. I ordered a formal red dress that did not fit and my measurements were correct--standard size 4 so it wasn't "a custom order". Their website contains false information under product description. They need to be very specific and explain if US standard sizes are different? I've never had this issue with any other clothing boutiques. Size 4 means size 4 but if this is not the meaning in China then explain it.

I had to file a formal complaint through my credit card company. I returned the dress and waiting on my credit card reimbursement. First of all I like buying pieces that are made in the US or Europe. Their website did not state these dresses are made in China. I don't order anything from China and they need to be specific where these dresses are made.

I do not recommend this vendor and especially for any brides who want their dream dress and best experience ever. Go to a real store and try the dress on, do not order formal or wedding dresses online.

The first person who responded to my email wanted me to give the dress to a friend--can you all believe this?? My formal complaint definitely put the right person in charge of my case so it wasn't until Catherine from JJ house was able to assist and respond to my emails and start the process with my refund. She does have good customer service skills.

I cannot comment on the quality of the dress as I was very upset and did not pay any attention to the fabric.

FYI-JJHouse: Please do not state "top solution" as this was not true. As I stated it wasn't until I contacted my credit card company to stop payment. Please teach your colleagues money is earned and formal dresses are not donations/free gifts to friends.

sophiae6
1/1/16

I just got my dress and I love it ,it fits right the delivery time was perfect ,it came the time they say it would come ,i would recommend Jjshouse.com to anyone who want a prefect wedding dress thanks be to God to lead me to this site, GLORY, GLORY TO THE MOST HIGH GOD. THANKS JJSHOUSE

robbint1
12/31/15

After many e-mails...JJ's was willing to work with me and refund my money. They were very courteous and responded immediately.

jadek5
12/31/15

They have a huge variety of very nice dresses & every dress has a choice of about 15 different colors also, they're pretty cheap. They're exactly how the picture shows you online. I definitely recommend getting your dress here!! I was iffy on getting it bc I wasn't sure if it wasn't gunna be like what the picture showed or the size was going to be wrong but it fit perfectly & it's a very good quality..

dasak1
12/25/15

I ordered two bridesmaids dresses for an upcoming wedding and I had no problems with my order. I got notifications with update, it took about 2 weeks to arrive but their customer service was great and helpful. Did not have to chase anyone and they even responded to me on sunday evening. Would recommend.

ashleyd48
12/22/15

Update: customer service contacted me for a full refund. I was pleased to see that they resolved this issue in a timely manner without too much trouble.

I ordered a dress from JJs House and it arrived quickly. When I opened it the fabric wasn't of good quality and one of the straps was unraveling. I contacted their customer service and even sent a picture and they are refusing the give me a refund. They are offering percentages off a future purchase (never going to happen) or 20% off my purchase price, both of which are unacceptable. I ended up having to go out and buy a new dress for my event because I was comfortable wearing a dress with an unraveling strap for fear it would come apart. They don't stand behind their products or the quality. This has been quite a disappointing experience and now I'm stuck with a dress I didn't/can't wear. Save yourself the headache and don't buy from them.

margotk2
12/13/15

I just received a beautiful, well made dress that was supposedly made to my measurements but in reality is far too big. I gave them a waist measurement of 26", you can see for yourself in the photo that it's accurate, but the dress they gave me has a waist of over 28" (half waist is over 14" in photo) It's a strapless gown, but it won't even stay up on me without me holding it up- it fits if I zip one of my arms into it too! I have been in communication with JJsHouse to resolve the issue, including sending pictures that show that the measurements I sent were accurate, and that the dress I received has measurements that are much larger. Two local tailors have told me it will cost at least $300 to take it in, but JJsHouse continues to deny any dressmaker error, even despite the photos! After several rounds of communication they have offered me 40%of the price of the dress to cover alterations (approximately $60) but it is nowhere near enough to fix the dress, or alternately I can return the dress to them for a refund, but the shipping is at my expense, meaning I can pay $100 to return a $150 dress. What a joke. Order at your own risk, people, if they make a mistake they won't admit it, and you'll be stuck with an expensive dress you can't wear and can't afford to fix.

Tip for consumers: Just go to a real store, or an online retailer you've used before. Sure, some people might have a better experience than me, but can you afford the risk?

deniseb59
12/4/15

Just received my dress from JJsHouse and it is better than I expected. The dress is beautifully made and exactly as described. I will definitely be ordering again.

eijakristinas
11/29/15

After making a complaint concerning companys refund policy - Ms. Cecilia contacted me asap and promised to take back my daughters prom dress. We decided to resell the dress, because it wasnt fitting my daughter in the end. But any how, I am pleased now with the companys refund policy. Thank you Amber Chang and Ms. Cecilia!

jennag4
11/21/15

EDIT: After a phone call from the company and talking with their customer service, they refunded the full amount of the dress! Very happy about that, and for the shipping fees they couldn't fully refund they gave me coupons for. Overall, I'm satisfied with how they helped me out.

I was skeptical about trying the website out after reading so many bad reviews but thought I’d give it a go anyways…bad mistake. The dress arrived within a week of ordering (which is why this review gets 2 stars, not 1), but was more than 2 inches smaller on ALL measurements I had given. The return policy on their website looks like returns are accepted but if you scroll all the way down it says that they have the right to refuse if you don’t want to take it to your tailor at your expense. I was furious so talked to their customer service and after having me send PROOF that the dress didn’t fit they still wouldn’t accept the return! Too much fuss for an expensive dress…not ordering from them in the future!!

kimd52
11/15/15

I recently wrote a very clear and direct review of purchasing a formal dress that did not meet the standard set by the manufacturer in color, fit or quality. They have decided to accept a return and offer a full refund upon confirmation of the shipping transaction. Although I was disappointed in the experience, I wanted to report that they did finalize an appropriate customer-friendly resolution.

ellyshar
11/14/15

The customer service is excellent. I did have a order with them and I had to cancel my order. I did it so within 24 hours. They really tried to help me out. I did also get my refund like they promised within the time frame they stated.

I really can't fault their customer services.

doryng
11/9/15

i cant thank you enough with all your team easpecially custome care ladies are doing a very great Job....example Sophie helped me much to end my shopping and payments..i ordered my wedding two wedding dresses and avail it only took three weeks after payment and they were shipped in uganda.the way tou see the dresses is the way you get them.i was supper happy and the most beautiful bride ever!

i orderd my dresses in end of july 2015 and early september 2015i had my full package. my tracking number was 4835734643
will always shop with you.
thank you so much.
Doryngavin # uganda (Africa)

Tip for consumers: The way you see it,the way you order it is the way it comes to you.
this is real.

stephanied42
11/6/15

I am very disappointed with this company! Up front their appearance is of a professional online dress company with a well-designed website. And they make it very easy to select dresses and submit payment. However, I found that once the dresses got to me, the quality was very strange- the sizing too small for my bridesmaids, and their return policy is non-existant, even though they make it sound like they are willing to accept returns. They sent me an e-mail stating they make all the dresses to order and please ask not to return the dress out of respect for their seamstresses. Not a company I would ever recommend to a friend or work with again! Their prices are close to that of more respectable American brands like JCrew, and I wish I had gone through them or a similar company because at least then I could return the dresses and the chiffon would acutally be genuine chiffon! I strongly caution against using this company. The dress seems like it should have costed $5 given the quality of the fabric and construction.

vincenzak
11/4/15

Hi I ordered a dress recently and was worried that it would not arrive on time. I spoke to online chat and they expedited for me. I am very impressed with JJS they know how to look after the customer. Ill be definitely using again

marinav2
11/2/15

I Have ordered a dress on 18 October for my daughters wedding, I was concern that I would receive it on time, I talked to JJhouse on Live chat, the were very friendly en helpfull, I have received my dress in 2 weeks time, beautifull dress well made, I am really very happy with JJhouse and will def, use them again, well done
Jo

hannahc22
10/31/15

Ordered this dress on 10-21-2015 for my husbands Marine Corps Ball, was a little nervous ordering from an online site. I ordered the dress a six up from what my usual dress size is, I'm usually a 4 and I ordered a 6, I received the dress on 10-

200 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the JJsHouse staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 day ago
Add your answer
3 days ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the JJsHouse staff and other customers.

91 Photos for JJsHouse