US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

brees4

Their customer service was so helpful (and was one of the reasons I bought a dress from them)... (in 866 reviews)

kims77

If they would respond to customer service issues and try to make things right, I would order again... (in 201 reviews)

katrinas7

I have ordered two dresses and plan to order my mother of the bride dress next month. (in 238 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

annaliseb
5/3/15

So, I (skeptically) ordered a dress from them online which I was planning to use for my wedding. I wanted something inexpensive and simple so I figured (based on the reviews I saw) that it would be worth a try since they claim to be custom fitted and made to order.

What I got in the mail was NOT sized to my specifications at all. I sent them my exact measurements and what they sent is HUGE. I have at least 6 inches of space in the waist, the arms are WAY longer than pictured, and theyre not fitted at all. They're just like giant tubes of lace.

Aside from the sizing, the lace overlays are just cutouts that are attached to the dress, so they have a lot of edges that are not connected to the fabric and it kind of just looks like pieces of lace glued on.

All in all, though the design resembles the picture, the dress looks really frumpy and not at all flattering.

I'm going to have to get a seamstress to do some serious work on this to even have the possibility of wearing it at my wedding, but it's not likely.

angelab64
5/3/15

Very disappointed in the dress I ordered. I was very excited to order from this company because they had many options for maternity bridesmaid dresses and could ship quickly. The dress did arrive in a timely manner, however, it was too small and just of poor quality in general. I even ordered the dress a size larger than what I was measuring just to be on the safe side. Very dissappointed!

shereem3
5/3/15

These guys really care about customer service and take it upon themselves to actually check and respond to reviews. They got in contact with me after they found out that my dress wasn't what I wanted and were great. Thank you guys!!

vinam1
5/2/15

I bought a dress- that didn't fit, they refuse to exchange or return my money. Claiming these dresses are custom made, Not!! All I could do when ordering was choose a size and a color.
Their solution for me to sell it on E-bay or go have it tailored. The dress is super long, and it doesn't close (too small) they don't have a phone number, and they only communicate via e-mail. I already have a dispute with my bank. Total cost for my dress $163.18

gwynne2
5/1/15

I purchased a long wrap for my wedding and though the fabric was lovely, the workmanship was absolute crap. The pictures do not indicate the wrap was lined, nor that it had a 5 foot train. There were rolls of fabric between the layers and very wide seams, which made the wrap look messy. On top of that, I ordered a bust size of 41" and it arrived only 32". When I contacted customer service, they told me I was wrong. No matter how you measure it, 32" will never be 41".

Then they proceeded to ask for pictures (seriously), and tell me that I am trying to wear it incorrectly. Excuse me, but a "wrap" is not a "bolero" and they are worn differently. I did not purchase a bolero and therefore, I did not expect to receive one. If you have a problem, there is no real customer service at JJ's, so if you have an issue, don't expect them to fix it easily. After arguing for a few weeks, another agent told me to send it back at my expense and they would process a refund, but it would take about 3 weeks for it to arrive then it would be processed...I don't have that much time left.

In essence, the entire experience was a nightmare. Save yourself the grief and buy locally where you can actually see what you are purchasing. Your wedding preparations should be joyous and memorable, not a nightmare you want to forget.

katier12
4/30/15

First off, I assure you I was not asked to make this review and it is nothing but the truth. My dress got here today, exactly 16 days after it was ordered. I could not have asked for a more perfect dress for my graduation this year. It was everything I could ever ask for. If you plan on ordering from here I do suggest to spend the extra money to make it custom sized. At first I was sceptical on ordering a dress from a site based in China because of stories I have heard, but I assure that you will be VERY pleased, I recommend this site very STRONGLY. It is fast, efficient and of VERY GOOD quality. The only downside is the customs duties, which are totally out of this companies control. I live in Canada and my duty taxes were $89.69 CAD. You will get a phone call once your order reaches the border. Other than that I am 100% pleased with my order and will for sure order again and recommend this website to people. My dress is in the colour red (it looks a little orange in this picture but is exactly as red as the photo on the site)

terrib19
4/30/15

I ordered a dress which arrived in a timely manner; however, the sleeves and length was about 5" too short. When I first contacted JJs they were not very helpful and politely refused to rectify my situation. Only after contacting your site was I offered a dress value refund and told to keep the dress. Ms. Gao was very apologetic and I acknowledged and appreciated her response. My sister, Mimi Chong, whose order #8098635247, was also having an issue with her dress, and Ms. Gao asked me to have her get in touch with her for assistance.

marissam6
4/28/15

I'd just like to say that JJsHouse has amazing customer service, they got back to ALL of my emails at an amazingly reasonable time, they even called my personal number to verify a few measurments (I had sent in custom measurements) I have yet to receive the dress as it was sent out for shipping yesterday but I am so excited to see the quality, if it's as good as the customer service i will suggest their company to many more people!

jenniferm113
4/24/15

i have a dress which needs to be returned. I am getting no response to my inquiry number #6694017131. The dress is beautiful, but is much larger than we ordered. I want it returned, and a smaller size sent. My daughter's prom is only a couple of weeks away, and I am happy to make the purchase through JJ's house for the same dress in a smaller size - but I demand a full refund for the dress which is much larger than we ordered according to the measurements. I realize I should have read these reviews before purchasing as I never would have made the decision to move forward with it. I will be happy to share my poor opinion in every manner possible if this situation is not recitfied immediately.

lambua
4/23/15

"Shipping and Delivery was done perfectly, I wasn't too satisfied with the dress but customer service was very fast and efficient and got back to me right away and offered to fix the dress but instead I decided to keep the dress and they were very apologetic and offered me a $75 refund and a $30 coupon

fayed
4/22/15

Ordered a very nice dress but when it came it did not fit as well as I thought. I let them know and they refunded my money. They were on top of the situation and they have made me happy with the outcome. Thanks JJs house.

erikas16
4/21/15

An update to the one star review below. After posting the following review I was contacted by Veronica Gao who took over my request for a return. I explained very clearly that the return policy needs to be crystal clear with an ALL SALES FINAL except for certain cases which will be reviewed individually. That's what is should say. Understanding my frustration she offered to take the dress back for a refund. So I say this again, do not buy from them if the purpose is to try it on to see how it looks. You need to be confident in the style and fitting of the dress. If you are, this company is a great place to order from. The shipping was fast and aside from my issue with the boning in the bust area, the dress was lovely. Just not for me.

I needed a dress and fast for my wedding so I ordered dresses from several websites since the whole going into a bridal shop is exhausting to me. I had never ordered from JJsHouse before so I was cautious. I read their return policy and chatted with a representative asking that if I don't like the dress on me can I return it and she was quick to respond with a happy "Of course. Your satisfaction is of the utmost importance."
I received the dress and the boning in the bust is so poorly done it makes my chest look lopsided and misshapen. I knew this would never work for me. So I contact customer support with the photos and my explanation for wanting a return as their return policy requests I do. I hear back from a Cathy Zhang who tells me to go have a tailor fix it. My response is... No. I would go to a tailor to adjust a dress not fix their sloppy mistakes. I then get an offer for 15% off. Again... No. I would like to RETURN the dress. I don't want it I won't wear it and I want my money back. Then I get an offer for 30% off. This is so frustrating because I covered my grounds... I asked before buying and this is what I get. I get a "we don't want it you keep it."
Still waiting and arguing so we shall see how this goes...

jasmineb14
4/18/15

The dress I ordered for my prom came in 9 days which was good And I knew because it was a iffy website something would be wrong with the dress. Since my dress is strapless the bust is suppose to fit snug so the dress won't fall buy mine just kinda sticks out with zero security. Nevada of this I have to get alterations which is perfectly fine because I expected that I would need them. The thing that bothers me is how on the website the dress is satin and it's in the description too. When the dress arrived the tag said 100% Polyester :/ then I chatted with them on the website in that little box and the lady "Jessica" claims the problem will be fixs so fingers crossed. I'm lucky that's all that was wrong. Am I the only one who's dress was the wrong fabric?

theab1
4/18/15

We ordered a wedding gown A-Line/Princess Sweetheart Court Train Tulle Lace, the dress was nice but the quality of the lace is not. we ordered a lot of items from them it cost us $424.34, I should've gotten the dress March 14 but the UPS guy informed us we still need to pay the Custom Duty for $67.64 which we obliged to pay the next day. as i tried the dress the bust area is a little big and the stitches are not that good. now we have to alter the dress that we paid a lot! and end up spending more.

*** Update***

I have no question with JJ's House customer representative, it was great! I received an email from them in less than 24hrs. Veronica Gao is a great help. I didn't ask for a refund but she offered one right a way. hopefully the suggestion i made will be applied on their site. informing customer for a possible custom duties of your order. and for the quality of dress before ordering i suggest talk/chat with the customer representative and ask questions. Everyone likes my dress an adjustment to the bust area will make it look better as all of them said, that made me happy. thanks Veronica Gao for a quick response and solving the issue.

nataliep19
4/17/15

I'm so embarrassed, I had my JJshouse parcel delivered to work and was told they could't give it to me unless I paid £143 VAT delivery charge. Luckily my hubby to be works with me and he disputed it but then obviously paid as i don't have that kind of cash sat in my bank :(

I'm now so nervous about the dresses being re delivered tomorrow and seeing what they look like, My fiancée told me not to order from a site like this as it "looked dodgy" and i told him he was just being paranoid! .. He is now rather annoyed about this extra charge and i am secretly freaking out that the dresses are going to be of bad quality as my bridesmaids have paid for them themselves!

I emailed jjshouse asking for a refund from the DHL charge along with the receipt, the last on live chat assured me i would get a refund but i have not had any email yet so am getting quite worried... Hope they turn out to look like they do on the site! I will be so annoyed with myself if they are poor quality!

*UPDATE* I have been contacted by Veronica who has assured me they are refunding me the DHL Charge which is great, will update if this does not come through! Will also update with how the dresses look when they get re delivered today :)

My dresses have been re delivered and i have to say look very nice! Cant fault the quality for the price... I ordered custom fit with my bridesmaids and they are trying them on this weekend.. will update once i know how they fit :)

*UPDATE* My bridesmaids tried on the dresses this weekend and four out of the 6 fitted well but two of them were huge and off colour :( confused as i paid extra for custom fit??? Very stressed as i now have four happy bridesmaids and two unhappy ones! I have emailed JJshouse and hoping they will either refund or send me new dresses of a different style that actually fit :(
On a good note my £143 DHL Charge has been refunded into my account very quickly :)

*UPDATE* Veronica has got back to me and is going to refund me 40% (£80) to get the dresses that didn't fit altered :)

anac25
4/17/15

I ordered a simple black dress for my sons wedding. The quality of the dress was not to my liking and too short for me.

That being said, I received an email after posting my displeasure with the dress from Veronica. Veronica aims to please. She made it easy for me to send the dress back and in 1 day of receiving my shipping receipt I received a full refund through my Paypal account.

Thanks Veronica. I appreciate your help.

lindaf43
4/16/15

My Mom ordered a dress from JJ"s house, even went to a Bridal shop to get professional measurements before ordering. She ordered a size 16 according to their measurement guide. She normally wears a size 14. When the dress arrived it was about a size 12 and too small. After contacting the company by email, they offered her a 20% refund to bring it to a tailor to fix. this was impossible since there is no way to add lace to the dress, or they offered her a 30% discount coupon on another dress. We sent pictures to them as requested to show that the dress was definitely too small. JJ's house is now offering a 40% refund and she can keep the dress, not that she can ever wear it! or they will offer a refund if we pay the shipping to China. this is still unacceptable. We followed all of the instructions they asked, contacting them within a day of receiving the dress for a return code, then sending pictures as requested. this company misleads its customers and robs them of their money. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

dreag1
4/16/15

My daughter chose a beautiful prom gown from JJs House! We had about 3 weeks to order it and receive it. It arrived a week earlier than anticipated and the dress is just as beautiful as it is on the site! The quality of the dress is just as good as I've seen at bridal shops. I am so excited to have found this company and we are looking forward to ordering again!

Drea from Virginia

roniz
4/14/15

I ordered a beautiful blue dress from this company and received it yesterday. The front did not fit properly, bowed out instead of fitting appropriately. I have sent a request because for a refund but it concerns me that they do not have a phone number to call.
I will investigate this further but I am hoping they will handle this matter efficiently and with the upmost of integrity.
Roni B.
Miami

maitev
4/12/15

I have been looking a dress for a military ball for quite a while, and when I came upon JJsHouse I was excited because they give you the option to send your measurements so they can make a dress that fits you.
When the dress came it fit me, but I didn't look good in it so I contacted the costumer service in order to change it or get a refund. The answer I got was beyond rude! they decided to answer with an incredibly sarcastic and unnecessary "suggestion" of giving the dress to a friend in order to strenghten a friendship.
I repeat do not buy from this company, they are not trustworthy and they don't help you solve your problem, they only want to get the money.

*UPDATE* after posting my review on this site I was contacted by JJ'sHouse and they agreed to make a full refund. Of course the shipping to China was expensive ($64 USD), but they did pay me back for it. They only paid $43,25 USD, but at least I got most of my money back.
I do have to admit that the customer service this time was really helpful, and the refund was made immediately, but either way I don't recommend anybody buying from this site.

karif2
4/12/15

I was disappointment in my dress from JJshouse. The zipper would not unzip, . I only ordered from them after making sure I could return the dress if it didn't fit. JJshouse worked with me to resolve the issue and gave me a full refund. I am very happy with this site. The Bride also ordered her dress from JJshouse and she had no problems at all. She received a very lovely dress that she looked beautiful in.

annaw32
4/11/15

I looked up this company because their dresses seemed pretty enough. And so I ordered my dress, it came in the estimated shipping time and I had no issues. The dress came in today, and not what I was looking for at all. The dress was too big, the color does not match what they present on the site. And now I'm wary about their return policy after reading the reviews. I recently contacted them about returning it. Hopefully I'll be connected to this Veronica everyone speaks so highly of.
UPDATE: Their customer service is good, if you are unsatisfied with your dress, the customer service is quite understanding and will offer full refunds for your dress. They offered me a full refund and offered to pay for return postage Although their other dresses might seem good, but I still recommend finding the colors before ordering, because obviously the colors won't match what they have pictured.

stephaniel19
4/11/15

I never do reviews but this is definitely necessary! I am a real person I live in Toronto. I have gone to two place on the Danforth (that had beautiful dresses) but were priced between 3-5K. I went the David's Bridal that was the worst service ever!!!! A good friend of mine bought her wedding dress through JJ house and loved it! So I bought the dress (I figured for 300$ can + shipping and duties) even if it sucked I could give it away or make a veil. I got the dress today and am soooooo HAPPY!!!! It looks even better in person!! It is EXACTLY like the picture! I got it 1 size too big (on purpose) because I figured it is easier to take it in then take it out, so I need to get it altered. If anyone is hesitant and need convincing please comment and I will add you to facebook and show you pics of my dress. I don't want to post them online because I am getting married in August and would like to have it be a surprise. Just be wary of duty costs (standard) and the item kinda smells funny lol but nothing dry cleaning cant fix! Excellent experience and I will definitely recommend them!

jakwannaiw
4/7/15

I ordered a dress from jjshouse last year for a cotillion. I got it custom. The dress fit okay but things were missing so I had to go to a seamstress to get it fixed. The dress was beautiful though and it came faster than expected.

lindap71
4/5/15

A fantastic representative of jjshouse, looked after me and she was fantastic, she arrange I got my full refund back with no queries , I was very unsatisfied before miss Veronica stepped in! More people like Veronica should be hired! I am very thankful ! Thank you once again!
Linda

claram28
4/4/15

BOUGHT THIS DRESS FOR MY AUGUST WEDDING AND STITCHES WAS MESS UP AND PEELING OFF, NOW I HAVE TO PAY MORE MONEY FOR SOMEBODY TO FIX THE MESS UP STITCHES ON MY DRESS AND PUT EYE HOOK ON DRESS OVER ZIPPER. THIS SITE IS A RIPE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dianeb41
4/4/15

I ordered a dress in the watermelon color in a size 18W. Well, while its a pretty dress it is not a size 18W nor does it come close, it's more a size 10-12. The arm holes are so tight that it constricts the blood flow. Plus the color does not match the color swatch on the website. It's more orange in color. So when I emailed for instructions on a return, I am getting the run around. First they wanted to just give me a 15% refund, when I refused that they came back with a 25% refund and suggested I try to sell the dress myself. Read the refund policy very closely before you do any kind of business with them. They are not being a trustworthy company. I will NEVER order from them again. Too bad; they look so pretty on the website, now we know why they are so CHEAP!!! 4-5-15: Well, after I posted this review, the supervisor of JJshouse emailed me and they not only allowed a return and full refund, they paid the postage for me to send the dress back, which is what they should have done in the first place. Still, be careful when ordering from them and make sure all the measurements are correct.

karad5
4/1/15

I ordered a dress from jjs house but when it came it was the wrongs size the thing is we entered exact measurements we tried to find the number but to no such luck if anyone knows how to contact jjs house please tell us

lorrainew14
3/29/15

Wedding dress arrived earlier than expected as it was custom made. On arrival it looked beautiful, on trying it on it was amazing, fitted as if I had had several fittings. So very happy I wish I could thank the person responsible personally.....

Tip for consumers: Send length sizes, I did' ton a previous order and had to have it altered. I didn't make that mistake this time.

cherylh15
3/27/15

I ordered a wedding dress on 2/23/15. The original shipping info that was posted on their website stated that it would be shipped on 3/9/15. That day came and went with no tracking info, email, etc. I contacted them and received a message stating that my order would be delayed due to their spring festival but would be shipped by 3/18/15. Again, that shipping date passed with no tracking number/shipping info. I have been thru this same song and dance with them all month long-the shipping dates have been pushed back every few days-3/21/15, 3/24/15, 3/26/15 and now 3/28/15. I submitted a refund request today and am awaiting their response.
They have always responded to my messages, however they seem totally unsympathetic regarding the delays. I have been told to "take your time and wait for your order" and that I "can use the dress for another event if it doesn't arrive in time for this one". "Another event"?? It's my wedding dress!!
I was hesitant to order from them but decided to take the chance. I wish I hadn't ordered from them now because I'm not sure if I will even get my money back.
Beware of JJ's House!
3/25/15 Update: Since I posted this yesterday, I have received 2 phone calls and an online message from a different customer service rep. I was assured that my order would be shipped by 3/28/15 and I received 40% off of the original purchase price of my dress-the refund was initiated yesterday. I will update if/when I actually receive the dress.
3/29/15 Update: I have received several more excuses since my last post. As of today, I have cancelled my order. I am very unhappy with this website and I would not suggest ordering from them.
4/3/15 Update: I did receive my full refund for the dress this week. In the meantime, I found a $1000 dress on sale for $100 on another site. I bought it and received it within 4 days.

Tip for consumers: Thinking about ordered from JJ's House? DON'T!!

naomit5
3/26/15

Before I bought my dress on JJ'sHouse, I read hundreds of reviews because I was super skeptical of the company. I decided to go ahead and I got my wedding dress custom made from them. Many of the reviews said that the dresses were too small so I added 1 inch to every dimension (I'm glad I did this!). I just got my dress and it fits super well!! I love it!!! I am glad I added an extra 1 inch to each dimension so it wasn't too small. I had to get a small alteration on the sleeves and a bustle put on, but any skilled seamstress can do that. The dress itself is great quality and made well. I was expecting a customs importation charge because I had read about this extra charge in the reviews. I didn't have to pay any customs fees so I was happy about that! I am very happy with my purchase and I just wanted to let everyone know that you shouldn't be as hesitant to buy from JJ'sHouse. I was very satisfied :)

Tip for consumers: Maybe add an inch or so to your dimensions just to give a seamstress room to work with if you need alterations made. You can always take a dress in, but it's very difficult to make a smaller dress bigger.

vickis22
3/23/15

I custom ordered a dress from jjshouse a month or so ago. The dress arrived very quickly, was gorgeous, but even though I sent my exact measurements, it did not fit correctly. I then read several reviews for this company, most of which were very negative in regards to returning merchandise. I immediately assumed I was going to have a problem with them, and braced myself for the battle. To my relief and delight, once they realized I was very unhappy with the product, they gave me the option of returning the merchandise for a full refund. Customer service was polite, courteous, helpful and prompt in their responses.

Tip for consumers: I suggested to them that they add an inch or so to their tailored items to allow for movement within the dress. The dress I ordered was to my exact measurements, but that did not allow comfortable movement such as sitting down, bending over,etc. I felt like I was "poured" into the dress.

lisau9
3/19/15

I ordered a dress from this place in a standard size. When I received it, late even though I paid for expedited shipping, it does not fit, the color is not right and honestly it just looks cheap and it smells like fish. They told me that's basically how new dresses smell and to hang it in a well ventilated area for a few days and they "are sure the smell will go away!" Are you kidding?! Their website specifically says to contact them within 7 days from receipt of merchandise to "start the return procedure." This is a lie! They do not want to return your money. They first offered me a discount on my next order and a 15% refund on my dress. I told them no, I do not like the dress, it is not as pretty up close and it smells like fish. They then offered me 25% refund and hoped that I would keep the dress, have it altered and "present it to a friend or family member." I have been fighting with them for 6 days now. They keep spouting out about how they don't make much money off of these dresses. That's not my problem. Use better products and offer better customer service and you will make more money. From the reviews on this site, which I wish I would have read before I ordered, it sounds like shady business dealings. I am positive if people knew you weren't getting what you paid for and that you could not return it - no matter what the reason, their business would not get any sales. People return stuff all the time. This dress does not look good on me and it smells like fish! I even offered to return the dress and exchange it for something else if they did not want to give me my money back. I have not received a response back to that yet. But buyer beware, buy American because this company is dirty and from the looks of the reviews on this site, they won't be in business much longer.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this website!

cherym1
3/17/15

JJSHOUSE is a rip off!!!! After reading all the bad reviews I still said I would give them a chance and it turns out the bad reviews were RIGHT!!!! The dress was very poorly made with thread hanging everywhere and zipper barely working. On top of that I sent in measurements that I got taken from a professional and the dress still came back SUPER BIG!!! My wedding isn't until November so I still have time to look for another dress but fair warning to brides PLEASE do not buy from them. I know the prices sound good and I know the dress may look good online but it will not be when you get it. Take time and go into your local dress shop and try on the dress so you can get better quality and know you are getting something good. Also customer service is a pure joke!!!! They denied my request for my refund!!! PLEASE DO NOT THINK TWICE ABOUT THIS SITE. THEY ARE SCAMMERS AND A WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!

UPDATE : I was contacted by customer service representative Veronica and she was very nice, considerate, and helpful. She apologized for my dress and gave me a FULL refund minus shipping. They stand behind their products and they do care for their customers! I upgraded them to a 3!

darleneh4
3/16/15

My mother bought her mother of the bride dress from JJ'sHouse and she was surprised at the door when she had to pay $85 fee for duty, hst, cod fee, and processing. She had no idea this company was all the way from China because it does not say on the site. She paid shipping on the site and was not notified of additional fees.
Customer service contacted us to give us a refund for our additional costs because of the great inconvenience.
Great customer service but be aware of where it is shipping from due to possible extra shipping charges.

wendyf9
3/15/15

I am happy with my dress which arrived two weeks after ordering. It am pleased with the fit but I will remove the boning and padding as I think it distorts the dress and as I plan to wear a bra I don't think its needed. Luckily I can sew so I will do this myself.
The most important thing to be aware of when ordering from this site is the added duty & VAT charges after shipping. You are not made aware of this at checkout (it is in the T & Cs but it doesn't tell you how much this will be) I had to pay £21 to the courier before they would deliver it. I know these charges are not from JJ's House but it would be helpful if they told you at checkout to expect this - it does make the overall cost of the dress seem expensive!

Tip for consumers: Read the Terms and Conditions before ordering!

sarahd60
3/14/15

I have since gotten a refund from the company and they have offered to make me another dress for free. I am interested to know the quality of dress they carry and I will update with pictures. Customer service did seem to move a lot faster after I posted my review. I ordered my wedding dress 7 weeks ago. It was suppose to ship in 7 days and arrive 6 days from then with expedited shipping. They sent me an email after the dress should have already arrived saying it was their Nee Years festival and the dress would arrive in March 12th and be shipped on March 6th I asked several times to speak to someone by phone and eventually gave up on March 8th I emailed to verify my dress was sent on March 10th I got an email saying it would be sent out on March 26th. According to shipping from other customers it will not be here by my wedding even if they do send it out on that day. No one will call me or return my emails and the dress was almost 300$. i don't have the money for another one. I don't know what to do. My wedding is in 3 weeks I can't stop crying. Don't buy a dress over seas.

rosettas1
3/13/15

I have received the email from JJS House and have responded. I am now waiting for the partial refund they have promised. I need this partial refund so that I can have the dresses fixed in time for my wedding. I am on a very tight budget and do not have extra money laying around to pay in advance to have the repairs done. My wedding is in a couple of weeks, praying the dresses can be fixed in time. I will keep this review updated as this process goes along. I updated my first review as well.

linaj
3/12/15

I ordered a custom made dress, then I realized It was quite late and won't be able to receive the dress on time, I send them a note and the next day they replied back telling me they were going to expedite my order, finally I receive my dress in two weeks and it's gorgeous, it fits perfectly

margaretr19
3/8/15

excellent service nothing was to much trouble the clothes are amazing quality

valerieh10
3/7/15

I ordered my wedding dress from JJ's house and it was at my house less than a month later. I didn't imagine a custom gown being done that quickly, let alone for the price. The lace gown I got was not a "true lace" as it is a lace pattern sewed into a mesh material but in all honesty, it looks fabulous.

The dress did not fit my bust properly but their customer service was excellent and they refunded me a portion of my initial cost to help with alteration fees. They're response time was extremely fast when I had my initial complaint.

I would recommend getting your dress from this site as it is a fraction of the cost and you can pick out exactly what you want, customize the size for only $20 more, and it's very fast. My only advise is to order it early in case you do have any alterations that need to be done or have any issues.

I will post pictures before and after alterations at a later date :)

Tip for consumers: Order your gown early enough that you can still have alterations done, even if it is custom sized as you are not there for them to measure.

yoalil
3/1/15

return policy horrible they basically keep your money no matter what they can care less about the way the consumer feels NO CONTACT NUMBER ..SAVE YOURSELF HEAD ACHE. I WAS NOT HAPPY HAVING NO WERE TO CALL.PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE EVER .AT THIS POINT A DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANY MORE NO DRESS NO MONEY BACK.

Tip for consumers: totally "SCAMS"

kimb438
3/1/15

My experience with this site was wonderful. I found a wedding dress on jjshouse that I liked better than anything else I had seen in real life, and after agonizing for several months, I finally ordered it with custom tailoring. I'm so glad I did, it turned out absolutely beautiful. However, I have to add - the dress I wanted was a very simple, just ivory chiffon with no lace, beading, or frills. I also don't think it required a lot of tailoring as I am fairly skinny and average height. I was expecting it to take at least a month and the package arrived in ten days with barely a wrinkle in the dress! They also gave me a $30 credit after I wrote a review, which was awesome. Overall my experience was superb, but I did keep things very simple.

margiet1
2/28/15

I am having a very difficult time trying to get a refund on the two wedding dresses that I ordered, in standard size, and tried on once. I cannot zip it an dit is very small for a standard size, and they will not accept a return in the original packaging, tried on once. I am out some serious money and it is a huge problem. They have only offered me 25% refund on two dresses that have never been zipped up! Advise please for working with this terrible service?

Tip for consumers: They say that they finally will return my money andf the postage but I will believe it when i see a deposit. I only received a response from them when I complained on this site. Thank you Sitejabber!

cynthiab20
2/27/15

Very disappointed with the quality of the shoes. One of the straps were sewed on incorrectly. The heel studs were made of plastic rather than leather. The shipping took forever.

Tip for consumers: The company did offer to refund the goods but I still paid the postage.

dorotas
2/24/15

Second review: I have been kindly contacted by JJsHouse and they very quick in getting back to me but then they have always been fast. They were very understanding about my experience with the delivery and my dress and offered me full refund for the dress. I have lost duty charges money but can keep the dress (it's gold so not sure I will wear it) so all in all I can't fault their customer service. If you are buying from their site pease read T&Cs carefully. I would advise JJsHouse on getting more info about custom charges for countries they are sending most of their stock too so people can have a rough idea what it might be. Gov websites has rough ideas as well. This info should be available before order is completed so maybe around shipping charges. If I ever bought from them again, which from customer service point I don't have any problem, I would contact them before purchase and ask for more pictures, fabric sample and make sure measurements are followed. Just wish my dress was lighter as quality is good (apart from beads). Hope this helps. Thank you Veronica at JJsHouse.

First review: I thought I will share my experience with JJsHouse after finding this website. Of course I have found it after I have bought a dress so I was waiting anxiously for my delivery. First disappointment was when I have received a message from DHL to pay duty and custom charges which I was not aware off as they are nowhere on the main website. They are hidden in T&Cs but obviously asked to be paid £76 on top of the dress price is a lot. I have been offered half of the costs which I was happy to accept. Customer service was really quick with reply and Cathy that I am dealing with responded in time considering a Chinese New Year break. After that I had problem with DHL as they have left my dress with neighbours although I have contacted them and asked them not to do (they are heavy smokers and a bit on the dirty edge). DHL advised me that JJsHouse didn't put any restrictions on the parcel delivery so please be sure to make comments in the comment box when ordering to advice about any delivery instructions.

Now the main bit. The dress. I have ordered a lovely looking on a website champagne dress in quiet light colour, I have received a gold colour dress which j am soo not happy with as I look like like going to a prom and not a wedding. The quality of the dress itself is good although the beads are badly fitted (underneath the light fabrics they carried on with the thread so lots of knots. Beads should be applied individually). I can't see knots from the top but if I raise my train for the dancing it will be visible. I have sent pictures of bridesmaids in the champagne colour dress (same dress) and my photo to show difference in colour and all I received is that my computer screen colour settings altered the dress colour....now not happy about that. I have used my phone when I was buying so no settings there and also having pictures of 3 bridesmaids in same dress as mine but with nice champagne colour dress and mine in dirty gold colour is not satisfying. After a good start I thought they would reply with something better than computer screen colour setting! I have a good dress, not a champagne one and I can't stop crying and it's not what I was expecting to receive. I have been offered 15% refund but with gold colour in mind I don't think I can wear this dress :(

lloyds24
2/21/15

My partner ordered 5 bridesmaid dresses and jjshouse were very helpful and we received the dresses very quickly. Unfortunately, some of the dresses are a different shade of colour and one of the dresses has a couple of marks on it.
We have tried contacting jjshouse for a few days now to resolve this,and it has taken them a good few days to respond, which seems to have been because of spring festival.

The dresses are of great quality overall.

aliciam22
2/18/15

I finally received a call from a representative at JJsHouse after posting this review and contacting my credit card provider. She was able to authorize my return and full refund. She was very apologetic for the poor service I have received over the last 4 days. She was much more accommodating, professional and courteous.
I received a full credit for my dresses today. Veronica worked very hard to make sure she could rectify the problem. She answered all emails promptly and kept me informed about the progress. I received two phone calls from her, once when she started working on my case and once to verify I had received the credit.

I am happy with the dress I did keep, but I

Tip for consumers: Make sure you speak with Veronica if you are not satisfied with your purchase. She is excellent.

angelab56
2/13/15

Trying to reach the customer service desk for the best 2 hours and I have been unsuccessful. I'm very upset that I'm not able to speak with a live agent. The Live Chat agent suggested that I email the service department and they would immediately respond to my message because the number online was invalid. 2 hours later I'm still waiting. I wish I had read these reviews before purchasing since I'm trying to cancel my order because it won't make it to me before my daughter's wedding. Instructions said you must cancel within 24 hours to receive a full refund and I'm hoping that they honor my request AND I receive credit to my debit card for the purchase. I'm so disappointed with the customer service at JJsHouse. I was expecting more. I've ordered lots of things online before and never have I not had an opportunity to speak with anyone. The price is great and the dresses look beautiful online but it does us no good if she can't wear it on the most important and special day of her life.
Disappointed in Seattle

Tip for consumers: Finally received a email and a phone call from customer service rep Veronica. She was pleasant, very helpful and mostly importantly she cancelled my order and refunded my money. When I have more time, I might give JJsHouse another try. Again, thank you Veronica for terrific service.

alinam5
2/13/15

I have never been happier! all my bridesmaids received there dresses today and they look amazing! There was fast shipping,the style and the fit was perfect on everyone! Will gladly recommend them to others and will order from Them again!

18 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the JJsHouse staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Hi i'm interested in ordering a dress off this website but after reading mixed reviews i'm unsure. I need my dress to arrive within 6 weeks would that be possibe? the dress code is #002056610

regards,
A: I had my dress within 2 weeks
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I, too, need to return a dress. I gave my measurements and added two inches. It's way too small and too short. Can someone give me some advice on getting some kind of a refund?
4 weeks ago
Answer
lisau9
A: After fighting with these people and posting to this site...the very same day I received an email and phone call from Veronica. She was very nice and stated they would return my money once they received the dress back. BUT I could not send if UPS, FedEx, DHL and I could not use the cheapest way via USPS. It needed a tracking number. I inquired about this since it WAS SENT TO ME VIA UPS and was told it was a customs issue. I'm not sure I believe that but it makes me suspicious. They said it would cost about $25-35 to return it and quite honestly I donated it to someone who could use it as I will not spend another dime. They also asked me to update my review. I find it absolutely ridiculous that people have to go through this to get a business to do the right thing! I stand by my review and would not ever do business with these people again!
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the JJsHouse staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

67 Photos for JJsHouse