US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

raeo

I was very nervous about ordering online, but I'm glad I did because my dress is everything it is meant to be. (in 795 reviews)

brees4

Their customer service was so helpful (and was one of the reasons I bought a dress from them)... (in 176 reviews)

katrinas7

I have ordered two dresses and plan to order my mother of the bride dress next month. (in 216 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

dw480
11/25/14

My experience with JJSHOUSE.com was problematic at best. I placed an order, receoved the merchandise and was not pleased with the fit or quality of the item. I have gone back and forth via email to return the merchandise and receive a refund. Well, JJSHOUSE wants to give me a 25% refund on the $70+. I would NEVER recommend this online shopping site to anyone!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Do NOT use this site.

suee8
11/24/14

I order a coctail dress. Received and too small in bust. Playing heck trying to return it. The basically are telling me they don't accept returns! Who does that? Said they would give me 15% of the value to have it altered. It can't be altered that much. Waiting to hear back on my response that wasn't too nice. I may be stuck with this stupid dress. In this day and age of on line shopping, what reputable compant doesn't accept returns? What a scam. DON'T BUY FROM THEM.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop from them

katherines7
11/24/14

This is simply a horrible place to shop for weddings. The refuse to take back anything despite giving them the "picture proof" they insisted upon showing that the dress doesn't fit you (how humiliating is that?). I went by their size chart and can only waddle around like a penguin in a dress that I can't return or even exchange. They offered me a 15 percent discount for alterations….for a dress that is way to small in the sleeves and poorly crafted…you can't just make fabric magically appear through alterations. They claim that even though I ordered a standard size dress with no changes…that it is impossible to return it as it is "custom made." Stay away, this place is a scam, and who wants to go through the hassle of this for their wedding.

Tip for consumers: Avoid if at all possible.

clairej6
11/22/14

I purchased a Homecoming dress from JJsHouse, for my daughter. It came within a week with the expedited shipping. The dress looked exactly like it did online and it was beautifully made.

Unfortunately even though we ordered the dress in the smallest standard size they had, the dress was still to big on my daughter and we had to pay to get it altered (which was nearly as much as the dress, because of the design). I would have used the Custom Size available through JJsHouse, but i was concerned that i would not receive the dress on time

I would absolutely order from JJsHouse again, but i will probably Custom Size it next time.

patriciam44
11/22/14

Hace una semana que les he escrito y no recibo respuesta.
Quiero devolver mi pedido. No lo he recibido todavía pero me han llamado de la empresa de transporte diciendo que tengo que pagar 50 euros más por gastos adicionales. Me niego a hacerlo, en ningún momento se me comunicó nada de esto. Creo que no es legal ya que esto debería ser avisado previamente a la compra.

Espero tener noticias suyas en brevedad

kims77
11/18/14

I was nervous about ordering from jjshouse.com after reading these reviews and I should have trusted my gut. 1st, the website doesn't let you cancel your order within 24 hours like it says, and they never responded to my inquiry from 2 weeks ago that they state they'll respond to within 48 hours. When I got my dress, although I had already paid shipping, there was a COD on the package and I had to give the UPS driver a money order for $43 payable to the sender. The fabric quality was good and there are details I really like about it, but my dress has pick-ups in the skirt part that are HORRIBLY done and they aren't anything like the picture. I wouldn't have enough faith to try this site again and wouldn't recommend it. Also, I noticed that every rating on their site is 5 stars-we all know that's not true, judging by the reviews here. Jjshouse seems to be really dishonest...
If they would respond to customer service issues and try to make things right, I would order again...

Tip for consumers: If you order, don't order anything with too much detail.

alw32
11/16/14

I'm writing to edit my review. Although my initial shopping experience was not a good one, the JjsHouse customer service rep contacted me and after talking and emailing we were able to reach an agreeable and satisfactory result. So they do have great customer service and the dress very beautiful. I had to get it altered (even though I had ordered it custom made), but I love the dress design and the quality. I might shop here again in the future, but only after talking to a representative to make sure I will get what I order. That said, they surprised me when they called me to see if I had tried on the dress and I think that shows high integrity on their part. Though I wish they would improve on their customizations and color (my dress was off-white, though I ordered white), I definitely think it's a great company that has very beautiful and affordable dresses. I don't know whether I would recommend the site to my friends yet, but I am not disappointed in them anymore. I give them five stars in everything except shipping, so overall 4-stars which is not bad.

Tip for consumers: UPDATE: Great customer service and great quality dresses at affordable prices. Be warned tough that you might have to pay a bit extra when the dress is delivered.

ambereent
11/15/14

I ordered 2 dresses for my girls. I loved their dresses.beautiful stitching good material n awesome design.i got the same thing what I ordered.i am so happy that I didn't wasted my money.people who says this is scam and don't order from this website they are stupid they don't know how to give measurements.so much reasonable prices.thank you so much jjs house.my order was also on time

Tip for consumers: give your measurement according to their size chart. I guarantee you your dress will be amazing .people who said this website is scam and blah blah they lied . they are stupid. they don't know anything.

tracym45
11/15/14

I purchased a dress from jjs House the quality of the item was atrocious material was cheap very poorly put together.after several conversations and sob stories about how little they made on their items and offers of 20.30.40% refunds to keep the item and get it repaired, I contacted PayPal to open a dispute i eventually got a refund but i believe that was only due to PayPal being involved.,had to ship the item back to China as a tracked parcel at my expense which is very expensive.To top all this hassle i have now received a customs duty demand for the original delivery of the dress which i will have to pay,even though i got my refund i am still out off pocket by £70.. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE

Tip for consumers: BUYER BEWARE DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE

mariamh1
11/14/14

I give jjs House best site of year......great and excellent customer service. They are very straight forward, Reliable and they give detail response.

Made a wrong order, needed to change all entire order to different items, Jjs house did all d reorder process for me without me having to go through any stress.

fabiolaf

Boa tarde, eu fiz um pedido com vocês de n.6693617436
Estava prevista a entrega em, no máximo 8 dias, mas eu não consigo obter nenhuma informação de rastreamento posterior ao dia 29/10. Qual a empresa de currier contratada para fazer a entrega para que eu possa entrar em contato? Tento entrar em contato com o customer support do site de vocês, sem sucesso, contudo. Obrigada

raquela
11/14/14

Below you will find my previous review on jjshouse. I received an email from Veronica, one of their service members. She was very helpful and was going to process my return. She even offered to pay for the return shipping cost. Veronica realized it would be difficult and costly to ship the dress back to them so she insisted on me keeping the dress and gave me a refund on the dress (minus the shipping). She was very kind and helpful.. It seems to me that jjshouse is starting to care of their customers.

"I ordered a dress from jjshouse last week and I received it yesterday. I tried it on and the top part of the dress is extremely low cut. The underline of my bra even shows! I contacted jjshouse asking if I could possibly exchange it for a different dress and was told that I could not even return it because according to them the dress was made correctly on the mannequin. I was even told to take it to a local tailor. The tailor can't fix it for there isn't enough material. I ordered the correct size for I followed their measurements. I am regularly a size 8 and I had to order a size 14!! I am not asking for my money back. I simply wanted to exchange it. JJshouse care more about themselves than their customers!!"

bellan4
11/13/14

They told me to pay for shipping of my dress but never paid the for customs? DHL is asking for a hundred pounds . WHY ARENT PEOPLE HONEST?
Update. I finally paid for the courier and got the package. The items were nice. The material of the wedding dress was good quality, not cheap,well sown. Just as in the picture.However it didn't fit, bigger. I can get that amended. But I am impressed with the wedding dress. Jjs house refunded the customs fee and 40% of the dress value for the alteration fee. I'm impressed with Veronica Gao, the customer service rep that was working with me. Nice.

Tip for consumers: Ask them to be specific about shipping and customs.

jesikaj
11/13/14

WARNING!!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM JJS HOUSE!!!!
These dresses are HORRIBLE.I spent a total of over $400 on two dresses.

They have seam runs, stains, and the have some cheap colored fabric that matches nothing! I have contacted JJs house and they offered me to pay half of the extra fee that they charges of $60.12. They called this a customs fee. However, I called customs. The fee was made payable to ReadMob, which is JJs house. What a scam. The fee was not for customs. It was additional money JJshouse is making. These dressed are so awful. I am out over $400.
Cindy their customer service rep offered a $5 coupon. Are you kidding me???? I am out over $400 for dresses that I cannot even use! The dresses in the pictures are from other dress companies. The dresses that they make are knock-off versions of what is shown.

Never use JJshouse.

The dresses pictures are not the dresses that you get.I will be contacting my bank for fraudulent charges and open a dispute if JJshouse does not refund my money!!!

NEVER USE JJS HOUSE!!!!!!!!

I wish that I could rate zero stars!!!

Tip for consumers: BUYER BEWARE!!! Stay AWAY!!!!

maryg59
11/11/14

No stars!!!! Do not purchase anything from JJ House. I purchased a dress that was about an inch longer on one side then the other, the middle was twisted because of the difference. I bought the leatherette shoes to go with the dress and they were crushed in at the front and made of some sort of cardboard, YES cardboard, I'm still in shock. I have never been so disappointed with an online purchase

Tip for consumers: don't purchase anything

conniek11
11/9/14

OMG my dress was amazing & to detail - i had my sleeves tapered in by a dressmaker and i was happy with wearing your garment. My friends & family abosolutley loved it and look forward to the next function when i require a dress for me - custom made & special from JJs house <3 + Thank you for delivering at late notice, 5 days prior the wedding of my niece. I have shared my experience with family & friends and i hope they enjoy the beautiful clothing you advertise.

claudiad5

Excellent!
Great and fast response from the customer service team! .. definitly a WOW experience!

sherria1
11/9/14

I purchased 2 prom dresses for my daughter and couldn't have been more happy with the both of them!!! They both fit her absolutely perfectly and felt the quality was as good or better than any locally store bought dress. Plus you just couldn't beat the price and speed of delivery!! Highly recommend them!!!

betinaf1
11/7/14

Excellent client service. Friendly and with a "can do" attitude. Super quality of the dress and well made! I will recommend any time. Thanks for outstanding service.

lindab90
11/7/14

Ordered a wedding party dress....the thing came in made of God knows what for the lining....weighed a ton ! Never have I put on anything (except perhaps the Dentist's lead apron during teeth x-rays) that weighed me down so much. Could not wear it because it was so uncomfortable. Trying to get it returned appears to take an act of Congress. Would NOT recommend this site. Go to an online department store and save yourself the disappointment and wasted finance.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from...

vanessak8
11/4/14

I wore a JJs House dress for my wedding. I was a young bride on a very tight budget and the dress worked very well for me. No, it was not a runway quality dress, but you get what you pay for. And for under 300 dollars, I got a dress that i was happy to walk down the aisle in. There were minor flaws that were easily fixed by my seamstress. If you're looking to save, and for a dress you're only wearing once, I highly recommend JJ's House.

adelav
11/3/14

Beautiful products and of high quality. Very fast shipping. I will definitely shop from this site again.

chrisw74
11/2/14

I just tried to order a dress, the site told me my card wasn't recognised and to try again,which I did, then I go the same message. The money appears to have gone out twice and my order says unpaid. PLEASE do not use this site. it seems to me to be FRAUD, I have emailed them and asked them to cancel the order and refund the money they have taken

I spoke with my bank who told me they risk assess online sites and this one failed the risk assessment and required me to contact them to confirm I had placed the order. JJs House did respond and sent me screenshots that the payments had NOT been taken, and the bank confirmed this. The bank also told me this was precautionary and she personally didn't think it was a scammer site. So I have re-ordered the dress and will update with my experience of it when it arrives.

EDIT UPDATE
after speaking with my bank and Veronica at JJs House I ordered a dress.
Expected delivery 7 November it arrived on 6th. The dress is boxed and inside the box it is inside a plastic bag.
At first glance I was shocked because it said it was chiffon but this was lining, however it was packed inside out. Quality of lining is reasonable, chiffon looks a bit cheap and there was a minor snag on the bodice. Overall I would say the dress is well made.
I was exactly a 14 on the company's sizing and the dress does fit me, it's a little snug round the middle, but that's probably more me than the dress, and a tiny bit big on the bust, but nothing anyone would notice and as it's strapless probably the way they are all made. Haven't looked in detail but the seam allowance does appear generous so you could probably let it out if needed, that said chiffon and the under material would both leave needle marks.
It is also fairly long, I'm 5'7 and even with heels it trails a bit, so if you're short look at the length carefully.

The quality is reasonable, this dress cost me £113 including the freight and the import duty (£22 to DHL). You could probably buy a dress in HoF or John Lewis for £120 and have some consumer rights. What you wouldn't have is the sheer choice of designs and colours on JJS House.
So I would say that is the balance. Do you really want that style of dress, with possibly less glamour than the photo, and no right to return it, or do you want security of return?
Make sure you check your measurements against the company chart I think a UK 14 is perhaps a bit smaller than JJS.

EDIT 2
Veronica from JJs House just called again, 8am, and offered me a refund. Totally unexpected.

Tip for consumers: Check your measurements to the chart. Tell them if you're unhappy with anything, they do seem to take customer satisfaction seriously.

tamf
10/30/14

I ordered 2 dresses from this site. On the positive side, the dresses were made to the exact design, although the fit is a bit off. On the negative side, the fabric was not of the quality I was expecting. I ordered chiffon dresses and I love chiffon but the chiffon they have used is of not the best quality. However, their customer service is excellent, they responded immediately and refunded a percentage of the purchase price and let me keep the dresses. I'm not stating how much they refunded, in order that people may not use it as a tactic to get their prices slashed on a purchase, remember that kind of thing is outright cheating and will only bring you bad karma. I was in fact shocked that they let me keep the dresses and yet agreed to a partial refund, I do hope scammers out there do not use this to their advantage. Will I order from them again? I have made a suggestion to them to introduce different quality fabric, if so, yes I will order something not too expensive as a try out.

lyndar7
10/28/14

UPDATE: from previous review. After receiving several calls & emails from Ms. Veronica, her assistance was amazing to say the least. She explained to me the issues at hand, reimbursed my "COD" charge & when I received my dress. My eyes were filled with JOY. It is truly a GREAT dress at a decent price. It was a little too big but nothing that can't be altered in time. THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping me with all this & providing me with a dress that I will love forever..

I was to receive my dress yesterday after being reassured by email, I would by the 25th. Of course AGAIN I was charged an additional $37 for the package itself to be paid in a cashiers check to the UPS driver. My fiance was unaware of such COD so the package was taken back & they will return on Monday. All these extra charges are NOT mentioned at all when ordering, not to mention the addition "International Service Fee" charged to my account by JJ House has left me "FLABBERGHASTED" by this whole experience. I haven't even seen the quality of the dress but to say the least, my fiance described the size of the package and that alone has left me with an idea of "bad dress". As a very well known public figure (published author) Neena44. I will most certainly give my review on this enitre experience with your company or should I say "ReadMob Technologies" since that is the real name behind JJsHouse. Until I receive and inspect the material, etc of the dress I will only review on the shipping & lack of customer service at this point.. Thank you for your time.. Please do respond with "We take pride in offer great customer service" It would only add hypocrisy to your names. I will post another review once I have received the dress, If it is to my satisfaction I WILL adjust this review for now my sentiments remain as is based on shipping & customer service and please do not offer me a $5 coupon that is beyond ridiculous attempt at redeeming yourselves.

Tip for consumers: UPDATE: GREAT DRESS..

genevievew
10/26/14

i ordered a dress for a wedding from jj's house and couldn't be anymore impressed! I ordered the dress custom fit & it fit perfectly. Wonderful customer service, the dress was made beautifully, sensibly priced & arrived before the expected date. I will definitely be ordering dresses again & I will be highly recommending this company to anyone after gorgeous, unique dresses.

kristanh
10/23/14

Awesome customer service, great quality dresses for little price. Easy to work with and quick shipping!

leannew3
10/22/14

I ordered 3 dresses thinking that I would have a variety of choice to choose the perfect dress. Can't return 2 of the dresses because this was not made clear that they were made to measure, but on top of shipment paid with jjshouse I had to pay import tax of £93!!! Just be careful what you are buying as you can't send it back! However, since my review jjshouse did get in contact and refunded 40% of what both dresses were worth and I have kept the dresses as well.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you choose the right dress that you will want to keep!

tionieg
10/22/14

I contacted their customer service to work out my shoes size, they were very helpful and were able to change my order. I just got the shoes this morning and they are great! A little bit tight but nothing some socks and a hairdryer can't fix. I'm so glad I didn't get the next size up!

The shoes are a perfect colour to my wedding dress, although I was a bit concerned because the shoes looked more creamy on the website. But they are actually a light ivory. Thankfully they match perfectly!

Thanks JJsHouse!

dannym35
10/19/14

I bought a simple dress online three months ago. The dress is BEAUTIFUL! the color is a little different; I ordered champagne to wear at a wedding and it looks a little too whitish so I'm going to have to paint it, but other than that it's great. The fabric looks heavy and classy and you can wear the dress many different ways. The best shopping I've done in years.
I wouldn't order a dress that needs to be completely fit wwithout trying it on, but this one is awesome.

yukarik
10/19/14

Item : 31009

I bought this petticoat for trying on dresses and it performed perfectly!
This is not an expensive petticoat so it has ripped a bit after trying on several dresses, but still holds it shape well.
I'm a size 22W bride and this fit me no problem!
I will be buying it again in the future I am sure and highly recommend it :)

Tip for consumers: don't expect a $5000 dress to cost $500 - just understand that you are paying for the value that you are paying :)

ashwaqa1
10/18/14

My dress just arrive, and it's amazing it's fit my size, the length the material everything is perfect. Really you make my day and it's just what I dream for. by the way I got the dress with a jacket and I put the note (I will wear the dress and the jacket together) and the jacket fit the dress in the material the lace and everything. I also ordered guest book and cake topper
Those people are amazing I ordered 3 dresses from them, my engagement dress, my wedding dress & my friend's dress

kathm
10/18/14

I ordered my mother of the bride dress in a custom made size. The gown fit like a glove. it was beautiful. I recommended JJ's House to friends and they also ordered gowns and were just as happy as I was, I would recommend them to anyone.

meganf8
10/18/14

Order a dress. It doesn't fit so I would like to exchange it. They don't do that because they are a scam. They don't care about your customer service. All they care about is your money. Once they get. They take it and run!!!! If you have a problem with something you can not return it or exchange. They are also locate in Hong Kong, which explains a lot!!! Its a knock off!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!!!

Tip for consumers: SCAM AND THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR SERVICE!!!!

lindac69
10/17/14

Excellent experience. I ordered the dress on October 1 and was told it would arrive on October 13th. I received it on time, professionally packaged. Very happy with JJ House! I will order from you again!

katrinas7
10/17/14

I have ordered two dresses and plan to order my mother of the bride dress next month. I have had total satisfaction with the orders. I did find out that if I have to place an order less than $200 to prevent custom fees.

alexisa15
10/16/14

Nunca tinha pensado em comprar um vestido de festa pela internet, mas desta vez resolvi arriscar e fiquei muito feliz com a compra. O vestido é exatamente como na foto, tem bom acabamento e chegou super rápido. Pedi com medidas personalizadas e ficou um pouco grande, mas nada que alguns ajustes não resolvam. Também gostei muito do serviço de atendimento ao cliente que sempre respondeu minhas perguntas rapidamente e de forma eficiente. Recomendo o site.

catrionaf
10/16/14

I love this dress. I ordered it for a wedding in Sri Lanka. I was a bit worried that it would not arrive in time since I had to order a bit last minute. But it arrived really quickly and the material and the make are gorgeous. I will order here again for sure.

tamras
10/16/14

Hola, hermoso vestido! me encanto!! estoy muy contenta con los productos, son de muy buena calidad. Gracias por atender siempre a mis preguntas. Saludos!

bridgettef

Exellent quality and delivery

brees4
10/15/14

Working with JJ house was amazing. Their customer service was so helpful (and was one of the reasons I bought a dress from them)... and then they worked with my time restraints to get me a dress that fit my exact measurements, on my deadline (in fact, it got here a few days before they said it would...so great!) They even called me to make sure the notes I left in the order were correct when they had a question (instead of just guessing and not confirming.) I love the follow up! Everyone was such a pleasure to work with and I am very pleased with the final product. I will definitely use JJS House again for another dress. Thank you Thank you!

raeo
10/15/14

I was very nervous about ordering online, but I'm glad I did because my dress is everything it is meant to be. Perfect. It looks exactly like the photo. Thank you very much jjshouse.

sablel
10/15/14

I was so nervous custom ordering the dress (A-Line/Princess Square Neckline Knee-Length Chiffon Mother of the Bride Dress With Ruffle Beading (008005918) without even trying it on, but it just arrived and I am SO happy with it! I feel it is a quality dress that fits pretty well (still have some pounds to lose...) and I love the pool blue color. I was surprised to see some sequins on the waist band - I hadn't realized they were there, but thought there was a design along the bottom edge of the dress. When there was none on the bottom, I looked more closely at the picture online and realized what I thought was a decorative edging is actually the JJ's House .com watermark! I think it would be helpful to have close up views available or perhaps a zoom feature to view all parts of the dresses - maybe there is and I missed it? Anyways, I am very relieved and motivated to fit perfectly into the dress by the time the wedding comes around. Thanks so much!

tracyb48
10/15/14

At first, I was really hesitant to buy a bridesmaid dress online. I had no other options though, so I ordered from JJshouse and hoped for the best. I AM SO HAPPY THAT I DID. The quality is remarkable and I will continue to order dresses thru JJshouse! The detail in the beading is beyond beautiful. Thank you so much for making a quality dress that fits so perfectly! I am so thrilled with my order! High-five JJshouse! :)

jor1254
10/13/14

My dress is just beautiful. Far more amazing than I had expected. The quality is gorgeous and the size is perfect. I was blown away by how quickly it got here. I will definitely order again from this company and recommend to anyone who will listen. Thank you so much. I will definitely be a princess for a day on my wedding day thanks to you.

johannap2
10/13/14

Thank you so much jjshouse for you mailed my ordered dress in time than expected! I love my dress and am so excited to wear it at my niece’s wedding next week! you are the best! I will continue shopping at your store and I would recommend anyone to your store. Thank you very much!

lizbeths
10/13/14

Il vestito era meraviglioso! Nessuno avrebbe mai detto quanto l'ho pagato. L'ho fatto fare su misura, ma ho preso la misura dal giugulo ai piedi senza tacchi e quindi era un pò corto, ho fatto aggiungere una balza e ho impreziosito il corpetto con un pò di swarowsky. Meraviglioso!

lelan179
10/13/14

My Dress Arrived Today All I Can Say Is Just Beautiful I Will Be Buying Again The Material Is Great This Dress Words Can't Explain I Am Truly Happy With My Dress ...

pollyr
10/13/14

Très belle robe de $#*!tail. Je l'ai commandé en rose claire et elle est parfaite. Je ne regrette pas mon achat.

brooklynnm
10/12/14

I received this dress in the mail much faster than I had anticipated. I work night shift and it's been difficult for me to search for a dress in stores, plus I hate trying things on. I am so happy with this dress. The lace in the back is gorgeous, also with the sequins on the front of the dress. I wasn't planning on getting a strapless dress, but I fell in love with this one. The train isn't so long that I'm going to spend the entire evening tripping over it. I made the sash coordinate with my wedding colors. I am very pleased with this dress! Great quality for such a low price, I will definitely be using JJ's House again in the future :)

29 Photos for JJsHouse