US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

brees4

Their customer service was so helpful (and was one of the reasons I bought a dress from them)... (in 899 reviews)

kims77

If they would respond to customer service issues and try to make things right, I would order again... (in 207 reviews)

katrinas7

I have ordered two dresses and plan to order my mother of the bride dress next month. (in 247 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

zeinabt
5/24/15

I am so dissapointed as my mother_law dress that i feel ashamed that i ordered doesant fit at all, bad quality, beeds and sweeing is bad and All this i had to pay costum fee for her and my dress plus VAT.my mother law occasion is very soon and i am so ashamed as i suggest her to this website because i tried it before and didnt go to all this hastle and was satisfied. My dress is good but they charged costum fee and VAT as well. I want full refund for my mother law dress and refund of costumfee and VAT. Thats realy not fare.

jennc4
5/24/15

I ordered the exact same dress as Jamie I. on Site Jabber, look at her review. I do not have photos but I will try to post some. I ordered this formal dress for a 20th anniversary party of a very good friend, and paid extra money for sending in my exact measurements to get a custom-fit dress, and I even sent in an extra arm measurement that they didn't request. I got the dress within the expected timeframe, and the dress seems to be well-made, however, it fits like a straight jacket. It's too tight, too short in the torso, and the shoulder and areas where the sleeves attach are all way to small and tight. Like, you can't lift your arms at all. I was pretty disappointed, because it looked like a lovely dress. Alas, it's on a hanger in my closet. $190 down the drain and wasted. And I missed the party because I didn't have time to find another dress. If you DO order from this company and you WANT a custom size to fit your exact measurements.... beware.

Tip for consumers: Might be better to order a regular sized dress and then find a local tailor to make adjustments. I learned a $190 lesson. Don't order an important dress from overseas.

kellieh6
5/23/15

I ordered the dresses 1 size to big. They came and they are still too small. The policy is no refunds or exchanges after 7 days. Doesn't help me because I needed to ship one of the dresses to the person I purchased it for. By the time she got it and tried it on it was too late to return for an exchange. What are you going to do to help me....the wedding is in August?

mariek16
5/23/15

Where do i start!! For one... why on earth do they not just tell you that you will have to pay import tax on your item IN ADDITION to delivery fees?

After paying out i was pleased with the quality of the sample dresses i purchased for my bridesmaids. However, when i then ordered the additional sizes and paid all the fees AGAIN i received dresses that were a DIFFERENT SHADE OF COLOUR to the original order?

What is even more laughable is that they are now offering colour chart samples for customers!

When i tried to rectify the situation by arranging to send back the wrong dreses and original correct dress (which i had to pay for to send AGAIN) they didnt cover this! they eventually sent me them back and GUESS WHAT!

I had to pay MORE fees to recieve them only to find that not only were they STILL the wrong colour but this time theye were the wrong sizes AND they forgot to send back the original correct one!!

They had a half hearted approach at refunding SOME of the moneis but not all. The costs have tallied up so high i could have just bought the girs nicer dresses from Coast for £200 each at this point!

ANYWAY!

The finish is good its just a shame that everything else is cra*!

karleenj
5/22/15

I ordered my wedding dress with heaps of time to spare and had no troubles getting the order when it was promised. The dress did look pretty much like the picture, however, the custom sizing is rubbish. I put in my measurements and it's clear that the dress isn't made for those measurements as it's made for someone with a much longer body. 3 months later with a dressmaker trying to make it fit, I gave up and have bought another dress off the rack. Also the fabric used for the satin lining had a weird rainbow sheen on it which looked really cheap. All in all, I would recommend not buying your dress online. Though I have heard of others who were happy with their dress but mine certainly didn't fit.

audreyr9
5/22/15

This is the most shoddy work I have ever seen on a dress, raw edges showing and without the bling even glued on...horrible!!! There was also a small cut in the material, right below the place where the embellishment is suppose to go...let's just say that I will never buy from JJSHOUSE again, and I will warn my friends as well. Luckily I may have enough time to repair and embellish dress before the wedding!!!

gurleenp
5/22/15

Update: JJsHouse had contacted me and resolved the issue in a timely manner. I am satisfied with their customer service :)

Do not order from this website! I bought a dress a few weeks ago and payed the full cost of dress, along with the shipping fees ($16.99 US expedited). However, I have been informed by DHL that I will need to pay an additional $86.97 CAD before I can receive my purchase.

JJsHouse's website does not mention these additional fees at the checkout, and it does not state on their website that they are based in or will be shipping from China, making these additional fees so expensive. These fees are ridiculously high and unfair as I cannot afford to pay them. Please do not buy from this website!

Tip for consumers: Please be aware that the item is being shipped from China, and you may be required to pay an additional customs fee on top of your order.

ishah1
5/21/15

I had a little problem with import costs but the staff at jjshouse sorted out the problem straight away. the cutomer service was brilliant and when the dress came I was amazed. I cant believe I ever doubted how much jjshouse cared for their customers. I would totally recommend it. they resolve any issues and make sure you get what you wanted. im so happy now.

Tip for consumers: definitely buy the dresses but make sure to check import tax.

mickeys14
5/18/15

I ordered two dresses for my daughters upcoming wedding. One for myself and one for my other daughter. We sent measurements for custom dresses. Got them in a timely manner BUT my daughters dress in about 3 in too small in the waist, my dress looks horrible on me!! I have another dress made almost like this one in another color and it looks very nice on me(not from them). I contacted them as advised, they wanted pictures, sent them, they in turn sent me a picture of someone holding a tape measure over a blue dress, saying they had the correct measurements...and I didnt measure correctly! Seriously??? How could you possibly be off by 3 in??? Anyway they said to take it & have it altered & they would give me 20% of the dress amount to help with altering...How can you alter without xtra fabric??? And as far as my dress they were sorry I dont like it. I spent almost $300.00 for nothing!!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!

ok here is update 5/21..let me start with the quality of the dresses, the material was good as well as the sewing, the zippers wanted to get stuck about half way up on both dresses tho, they just did not fit or look like the pictured dresses and we custom made. That said, they have since gave me a refund on both dresses, so now I'm better with the site, however I still think they could save alot of grief from their buyers by doing it right to begin with. They should show the dresses in both smaller & plus sizes so you can determine HOW they will look on you if your not a size 2 as well as upgrading their return policy.

rangig
5/18/15

Took a bit of a chance buying from jjshouse, especially after reading bad reviews after my order was already placed. But like all things with risk there can be great reward. I got the exact colour i was hoping for without using a colour swatch, the style was what i ordered and the worksmanship was great. It is bigger than i needed, but then i ordered adding a few cm's on just incase, it also arrived really quickly in a good packaging.

laurief11
5/17/15

I was very pleased with the dress I ordered from this company for my daughter's wedding. I paid the extra money to have it custom fitted to my measurements and it fit perfectly. I received it 8 days after I placed the order. The dress looked exactly like the image on the website.

sharonm83
5/16/15

I have to say I was a little sceptical about ordering from on overseas company, but I was pleasantly surprised. The dress was exactly like the picture. The quality is very good. Shipping time was excellent! I did have an issue with the duty fees but their customer service was very quick to help me with that also. I would recommend paying extra to have it custom sized. Wonderful experience

chantalr3
5/16/15

I ordered a pair of black high knee high heeled boots about 3-4 weeks ago and paid an extra cost for a quick delivery. I then get an email and text messages saying that I need to pay for the delivery to my house which I thought was included in the extra £15 that I paid. I have now paid an additional £15 and am still waiting on the delivery for these shoes. I am highly outraged in the service from this company and will be telling everyone I know not to use this website as it is a money making scam. I'd like a refund of the £15 that I have paid which I was not aware of doing. I will not be shopping from here again.

bettys26
5/16/15

I'm following up on my recent review. JJSHOUSE has offered me a full refund on my dress. When I decided to keep my dress, they paid for the alterations. They follow up with emails. I'm very pleased with their customer service. Not many companies would go the extra mile. Great customer service.

mikb15
5/16/15

I was freaking out over all of these bad reviews about late shipping and about how their custom sized dresses weren't right. But I emailed them stating my concerns and they emailed back saying how they checked in on my measurements and how that was going and when my dress would come in. My dress came a day earlier than expected and it fit perfectly. And their customer service is great. I was freaking out for nothing

kimh86
5/15/15

I wanted something simple and cheap for a beach wedding I had in Hawaii, the dress wasn't all that important to me and I couldn't see myself spending thousands on a dress I would wear once.
I opted for a simple dress with sheer on the top and I have to say the service i received from JJ'sHouse was great. I don't recall being able to enter my measurements I think I just selected a size. It came to my house in Australia within a week and was actually suprisingly nice for $150. I had to have it altered slightly (too long as I wasn't wearing heels on the beach and my tailor said the left side and the right side of the dress wasn't even so she had to fix that, all up alterations cost me $50 so I was happy)
The quality of the dress I thought was good and I am fairly fussy with dresses as I wanted a simple wedding dress and that is exactly what I received. I also got loads of compliments.

Tip for consumers: be prepared to have it altered slightly to fit like well.

xiny3
5/15/15

I regret I did not check these review sites carefully before odering. My dress only costs 200 Euros, why am I charged 80 Euros more?
Also, I have received many packages from China before, many times, including dresses, and non of them was charged custom fee.
Anyway, I am not going to accept the package. I am expecting to return the package and getting a full refund.

UPDATE:
JJshouse has refunded me the custom fee right after receiving my complaint. I appreciate their taking our words seriously.
The dress worths two stars, and one star added in their after-sale attitude. I would appreciate more if they devote more into dress quality instead of dealing with complaints.

victoriaw18
5/9/15

Having rather large feet (size 9 and a half/ten) and being a keen dancer, I was thrilled to find size 44 dance shoes, which I seem unable to find elsewhere on the internet. I ordered two pairs. I felt like the Ugly sister trying on Cinderella's slipper - beautiful shoe, far too small. Yes, it had a size 44 sticker on, but was actually more like a 40 or a 41. I've sold one pair to a friend with size 7 feet, they fitted her "like a glove". Returns to China... not worth even attempting. I'm trying to sell the other pair on ebay.

UPDATE: They have currently refunded me (minus the postage costs) and apologised - and even though I have been offered a voucher to make up for my trouble, I'm not sure that I'm going to take them up on this. Unless they have drastically changed their sizing system, I'd only get the same problem again.

yoanar
5/7/15

So i ordered this dress in Fusia! Beautiful color. I ordered this dress to custom measurements because i am a bigger girl and i wanted it to fit me really well and the dress was just as shown in the picture and it came to my exact measurements i ordered the dress on expedited shipping on 4/19 and arrived 4/28 about a week and like 2 days later which is awesome because they had to custom make this dress and the fact that it took so little time is amazing! The pricing for the quality was great i saw a similar dress for 300$ and this one cost me 110.00 i have nothing bad to say about this company i emailed them to see if my dress would arrive before my prom which is may 15th they quickly responded and assured me my dress would arrive before the date! Im so happy i ordered from this company and that they had custom measurements and great prices overall great experience i will definitely be ordering from here again

kellyl55
5/6/15

After having contacted JJs in regards to my utter disappointment with the garment, with a few emails back and forth, they agreed to provide me with a full refund on return of the garment. I will update again one refund has been received.

annaliseb
5/3/15

So, I (skeptically) ordered a dress from them online which I was planning to use for my wedding. I wanted something inexpensive and simple so I figured (based on the reviews I saw) that it would be worth a try since they claim to be custom fitted and made to order.

What I got in the mail was NOT sized to my specifications at all. I sent them my exact measurements and what they sent is HUGE. I have at least 6 inches of space in the waist, the arms are WAY longer than pictured, and theyre not fitted at all. They're just like giant tubes of lace.

Aside from the sizing, the lace overlays are just cutouts that are attached to the dress, so they have a lot of edges that are not connected to the fabric and it kind of just looks like pieces of lace glued on.

All in all, though the design resembles the picture, the dress looks really frumpy and not at all flattering.

I'm going to have to get a seamstress to do some serious work on this to even have the possibility of wearing it at my wedding, but it's not likely.

angelab64
5/3/15

Very disappointed in the dress I ordered. I was very excited to order from this company because they had many options for maternity bridesmaid dresses and could ship quickly. The dress did arrive in a timely manner, however, it was too small and just of poor quality in general. I even ordered the dress a size larger than what I was measuring just to be on the safe side. Very dissappointed!

shereem3
5/3/15

These guys really care about customer service and take it upon themselves to actually check and respond to reviews. They got in contact with me after they found out that my dress wasn't what I wanted and were great. Thank you guys!!

vinam1
5/2/15

I bought a dress- that didn't fit, they refuse to exchange or return my money. Claiming these dresses are custom made, Not!! All I could do when ordering was choose a size and a color.
Their solution for me to sell it on E-bay or go have it tailored. The dress is super long, and it doesn't close (too small) they don't have a phone number, and they only communicate via e-mail. I already have a dispute with my bank. Total cost for my dress $163.18

gwynne2
5/1/15

I purchased a long wrap for my wedding and though the fabric was lovely, the workmanship was absolute crap. The pictures do not indicate the wrap was lined, nor that it had a 5 foot train. There were rolls of fabric between the layers and very wide seams, which made the wrap look messy. On top of that, I ordered a bust size of 41" and it arrived only 32". When I contacted customer service, they told me I was wrong. No matter how you measure it, 32" will never be 41".

Then they proceeded to ask for pictures (seriously), and tell me that I am trying to wear it incorrectly. Excuse me, but a "wrap" is not a "bolero" and they are worn differently. I did not purchase a bolero and therefore, I did not expect to receive one. If you have a problem, there is no real customer service at JJ's, so if you have an issue, don't expect them to fix it easily. After arguing for a few weeks, another agent told me to send it back at my expense and they would process a refund, but it would take about 3 weeks for it to arrive then it would be processed...I don't have that much time left.

In essence, the entire experience was a nightmare. Save yourself the grief and buy locally where you can actually see what you are purchasing. Your wedding preparations should be joyous and memorable, not a nightmare you want to forget.

**UPDATE**

The same day I posted this review I received a telephone call from Veronica at JJ's, stating that I would be receiving a refund. This is the kind of service I should have received from the very beginning when I alerted them that what I received was NOT what I ordered. Of course, it's too little, too late, as there is not enough time left to have another long wrap made in time for my wedding. While I appreciate JJ's final willingness to issue a refund to correct their mistake, it does not make up for the damage or stress they have caused.

Veronica, you serve JJ’s well and they should be grateful you are there the clean up their mistakes. Veronica, you get 4 stars, but the overall experience was still a nightmare and JJ’s House deserves minus stars, which I would give were an option. My original critique stands…shop locally and save yourself the grief.

katier12
4/30/15

First off, I assure you I was not asked to make this review and it is nothing but the truth. My dress got here today, exactly 16 days after it was ordered. I could not have asked for a more perfect dress for my graduation this year. It was everything I could ever ask for. If you plan on ordering from here I do suggest to spend the extra money to make it custom sized. At first I was sceptical on ordering a dress from a site based in China because of stories I have heard, but I assure that you will be VERY pleased, I recommend this site very STRONGLY. It is fast, efficient and of VERY GOOD quality. The only downside is the customs duties, which are totally out of this companies control. I live in Canada and my duty taxes were $89.69 CAD. You will get a phone call once your order reaches the border. Other than that I am 100% pleased with my order and will for sure order again and recommend this website to people. My dress is in the colour red (it looks a little orange in this picture but is exactly as red as the photo on the site)

terrib19
4/30/15

I ordered a dress which arrived in a timely manner; however, the sleeves and length was about 5" too short. When I first contacted JJs they were not very helpful and politely refused to rectify my situation. Only after contacting your site was I offered a dress value refund and told to keep the dress. Ms. Gao was very apologetic and I acknowledged and appreciated her response. My sister, Mimi Chong, whose order #8098635247, was also having an issue with her dress, and Ms. Gao asked me to have her get in touch with her for assistance.

marissam6
4/28/15

I'd just like to say that JJsHouse has amazing customer service, they got back to ALL of my emails at an amazingly reasonable time, they even called my personal number to verify a few measurments (I had sent in custom measurements) I have yet to receive the dress as it was sent out for shipping yesterday but I am so excited to see the quality, if it's as good as the customer service i will suggest their company to many more people!

nicholab1
4/25/15

I purchased two dresses. The material was of good quality and they were true to the pictures.

jenniferm113
4/24/15

i have a dress which needs to be returned. I am getting no response to my inquiry number #6694017131. The dress is beautiful, but is much larger than we ordered. I want it returned, and a smaller size sent. My daughter's prom is only a couple of weeks away, and I am happy to make the purchase through JJ's house for the same dress in a smaller size - but I demand a full refund for the dress which is much larger than we ordered according to the measurements. I realize I should have read these reviews before purchasing as I never would have made the decision to move forward with it. I will be happy to share my poor opinion in every manner possible if this situation is not recitfied immediately.

lambua
4/23/15

"Shipping and Delivery was done perfectly, I wasn't too satisfied with the dress but customer service was very fast and efficient and got back to me right away and offered to fix the dress but instead I decided to keep the dress and they were very apologetic and offered me a $75 refund and a $30 coupon

fayed
4/22/15

Ordered a very nice dress but when it came it did not fit as well as I thought. I let them know and they refunded my money. They were on top of the situation and they have made me happy with the outcome. Thanks JJs house.

erikas16
4/21/15

An update to the one star review below. After posting the following review I was contacted by Veronica Gao who took over my request for a return. I explained very clearly that the return policy needs to be crystal clear with an ALL SALES FINAL except for certain cases which will be reviewed individually. That's what is should say. Understanding my frustration she offered to take the dress back for a refund. So I say this again, do not buy from them if the purpose is to try it on to see how it looks. You need to be confident in the style and fitting of the dress. If you are, this company is a great place to order from. The shipping was fast and aside from my issue with the boning in the bust area, the dress was lovely. Just not for me.

I needed a dress and fast for my wedding so I ordered dresses from several websites since the whole going into a bridal shop is exhausting to me. I had never ordered from JJsHouse before so I was cautious. I read their return policy and chatted with a representative asking that if I don't like the dress on me can I return it and she was quick to respond with a happy "Of course. Your satisfaction is of the utmost importance."
I received the dress and the boning in the bust is so poorly done it makes my chest look lopsided and misshapen. I knew this would never work for me. So I contact customer support with the photos and my explanation for wanting a return as their return policy requests I do. I hear back from a Cathy Zhang who tells me to go have a tailor fix it. My response is... No. I would go to a tailor to adjust a dress not fix their sloppy mistakes. I then get an offer for 15% off. Again... No. I would like to RETURN the dress. I don't want it I won't wear it and I want my money back. Then I get an offer for 30% off. This is so frustrating because I covered my grounds... I asked before buying and this is what I get. I get a "we don't want it you keep it."
Still waiting and arguing so we shall see how this goes...

jasmineb14
4/18/15

The dress I ordered for my prom came in 9 days which was good And I knew because it was a iffy website something would be wrong with the dress. Since my dress is strapless the bust is suppose to fit snug so the dress won't fall buy mine just kinda sticks out with zero security. Nevada of this I have to get alterations which is perfectly fine because I expected that I would need them. The thing that bothers me is how on the website the dress is satin and it's in the description too. When the dress arrived the tag said 100% Polyester :/ then I chatted with them on the website in that little box and the lady "Jessica" claims the problem will be fixs so fingers crossed. I'm lucky that's all that was wrong. Am I the only one who's dress was the wrong fabric?

theab1
4/18/15

We ordered a wedding gown A-Line/Princess Sweetheart Court Train Tulle Lace, the dress was nice but the quality of the lace is not. we ordered a lot of items from them it cost us $424.34, I should've gotten the dress March 14 but the UPS guy informed us we still need to pay the Custom Duty for $67.64 which we obliged to pay the next day. as i tried the dress the bust area is a little big and the stitches are not that good. now we have to alter the dress that we paid a lot! and end up spending more.

*** Update***

I have no question with JJ's House customer representative, it was great! I received an email from them in less than 24hrs. Veronica Gao is a great help. I didn't ask for a refund but she offered one right a way. hopefully the suggestion i made will be applied on their site. informing customer for a possible custom duties of your order. and for the quality of dress before ordering i suggest talk/chat with the customer representative and ask questions. Everyone likes my dress an adjustment to the bust area will make it look better as all of them said, that made me happy. thanks Veronica Gao for a quick response and solving the issue.

nataliep19
4/17/15

I'm so embarrassed, I had my JJshouse parcel delivered to work and was told they could't give it to me unless I paid £143 VAT delivery charge. Luckily my hubby to be works with me and he disputed it but then obviously paid as i don't have that kind of cash sat in my bank :(

I'm now so nervous about the dresses being re delivered tomorrow and seeing what they look like, My fiancée told me not to order from a site like this as it "looked dodgy" and i told him he was just being paranoid! .. He is now rather annoyed about this extra charge and i am secretly freaking out that the dresses are going to be of bad quality as my bridesmaids have paid for them themselves!

I emailed jjshouse asking for a refund from the DHL charge along with the receipt, the last on live chat assured me i would get a refund but i have not had any email yet so am getting quite worried... Hope they turn out to look like they do on the site! I will be so annoyed with myself if they are poor quality!

*UPDATE* I have been contacted by Veronica who has assured me they are refunding me the DHL Charge which is great, will update if this does not come through! Will also update with how the dresses look when they get re delivered today :)

My dresses have been re delivered and i have to say look very nice! Cant fault the quality for the price... I ordered custom fit with my bridesmaids and they are trying them on this weekend.. will update once i know how they fit :)

*UPDATE* My bridesmaids tried on the dresses this weekend and four out of the 6 fitted well but two of them were huge and off colour :( confused as i paid extra for custom fit??? Very stressed as i now have four happy bridesmaids and two unhappy ones! I have emailed JJshouse and hoping they will either refund or send me new dresses of a different style that actually fit :(
On a good note my £143 DHL Charge has been refunded into my account very quickly :)

*UPDATE* Veronica has got back to me and is going to refund me 40% (£80) to get the dresses that didn't fit altered :)

anac25
4/17/15

I ordered a simple black dress for my sons wedding. The quality of the dress was not to my liking and too short for me.

That being said, I received an email after posting my displeasure with the dress from Veronica. Veronica aims to please. She made it easy for me to send the dress back and in 1 day of receiving my shipping receipt I received a full refund through my Paypal account.

Thanks Veronica. I appreciate your help.

lindaf43
4/16/15

My Mom ordered a dress from JJ"s house, even went to a Bridal shop to get professional measurements before ordering. She ordered a size 16 according to their measurement guide. She normally wears a size 14. When the dress arrived it was about a size 12 and too small. After contacting the company by email, they offered her a 20% refund to bring it to a tailor to fix. this was impossible since there is no way to add lace to the dress, or they offered her a 30% discount coupon on another dress. We sent pictures to them as requested to show that the dress was definitely too small. JJ's house is now offering a 40% refund and she can keep the dress, not that she can ever wear it! or they will offer a refund if we pay the shipping to China. this is still unacceptable. We followed all of the instructions they asked, contacting them within a day of receiving the dress for a return code, then sending pictures as requested. this company misleads its customers and robs them of their money. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

dreag1
4/16/15

My daughter chose a beautiful prom gown from JJs House! We had about 3 weeks to order it and receive it. It arrived a week earlier than anticipated and the dress is just as beautiful as it is on the site! The quality of the dress is just as good as I've seen at bridal shops. I am so excited to have found this company and we are looking forward to ordering again!

Drea from Virginia

roniz
4/14/15

I ordered a beautiful blue dress from this company and received it yesterday. The front did not fit properly, bowed out instead of fitting appropriately. I have sent a request because for a refund but it concerns me that they do not have a phone number to call.
I will investigate this further but I am hoping they will handle this matter efficiently and with the upmost of integrity.
Roni B.
Miami

maitev
4/12/15

I have been looking a dress for a military ball for quite a while, and when I came upon JJsHouse I was excited because they give you the option to send your measurements so they can make a dress that fits you.
When the dress came it fit me, but I didn't look good in it so I contacted the costumer service in order to change it or get a refund. The answer I got was beyond rude! they decided to answer with an incredibly sarcastic and unnecessary "suggestion" of giving the dress to a friend in order to strenghten a friendship.
I repeat do not buy from this company, they are not trustworthy and they don't help you solve your problem, they only want to get the money.

*UPDATE* after posting my review on this site I was contacted by JJ'sHouse and they agreed to make a full refund. Of course the shipping to China was expensive ($64 USD), but they did pay me back for it. They only paid $43,25 USD, but at least I got most of my money back.
I do have to admit that the customer service this time was really helpful, and the refund was made immediately, but either way I don't recommend anybody buying from this site.

karif2
4/12/15

I was disappointment in my dress from JJshouse. The zipper would not unzip, . I only ordered from them after making sure I could return the dress if it didn't fit. JJshouse worked with me to resolve the issue and gave me a full refund. I am very happy with this site. The Bride also ordered her dress from JJshouse and she had no problems at all. She received a very lovely dress that she looked beautiful in.

annaw32
4/11/15

I looked up this company because their dresses seemed pretty enough. And so I ordered my dress, it came in the estimated shipping time and I had no issues. The dress came in today, and not what I was looking for at all. The dress was too big, the color does not match what they present on the site. And now I'm wary about their return policy after reading the reviews. I recently contacted them about returning it. Hopefully I'll be connected to this Veronica everyone speaks so highly of.
UPDATE: Their customer service is good, if you are unsatisfied with your dress, the customer service is quite understanding and will offer full refunds for your dress. They offered me a full refund and offered to pay for return postage Although their other dresses might seem good, but I still recommend finding the colors before ordering, because obviously the colors won't match what they have pictured.

stephaniel19
4/11/15

I never do reviews but this is definitely necessary! I am a real person I live in Toronto. I have gone to two place on the Danforth (that had beautiful dresses) but were priced between 3-5K. I went the David's Bridal that was the worst service ever!!!! A good friend of mine bought her wedding dress through JJ house and loved it! So I bought the dress (I figured for 300$ can + shipping and duties) even if it sucked I could give it away or make a veil. I got the dress today and am soooooo HAPPY!!!! It looks even better in person!! It is EXACTLY like the picture! I got it 1 size too big (on purpose) because I figured it is easier to take it in then take it out, so I need to get it altered. If anyone is hesitant and need convincing please comment and I will add you to facebook and show you pics of my dress. I don't want to post them online because I am getting married in August and would like to have it be a surprise. Just be wary of duty costs (standard) and the item kinda smells funny lol but nothing dry cleaning cant fix! Excellent experience and I will definitely recommend them!

jakwannaiw
4/7/15

I ordered a dress from jjshouse last year for a cotillion. I got it custom. The dress fit okay but things were missing so I had to go to a seamstress to get it fixed. The dress was beautiful though and it came faster than expected.

lindap71
4/5/15

A fantastic representative of jjshouse, looked after me and she was fantastic, she arrange I got my full refund back with no queries , I was very unsatisfied before miss Veronica stepped in! More people like Veronica should be hired! I am very thankful ! Thank you once again!
Linda

claram28
4/4/15

BOUGHT THIS DRESS FOR MY AUGUST WEDDING AND STITCHES WAS MESS UP AND PEELING OFF, NOW I HAVE TO PAY MORE MONEY FOR SOMEBODY TO FIX THE MESS UP STITCHES ON MY DRESS AND PUT EYE HOOK ON DRESS OVER ZIPPER. THIS SITE IS A RIPE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dianeb41
4/4/15

I ordered a dress in the watermelon color in a size 18W. Well, while its a pretty dress it is not a size 18W nor does it come close, it's more a size 10-12. The arm holes are so tight that it constricts the blood flow. Plus the color does not match the color swatch on the website. It's more orange in color. So when I emailed for instructions on a return, I am getting the run around. First they wanted to just give me a 15% refund, when I refused that they came back with a 25% refund and suggested I try to sell the dress myself. Read the refund policy very closely before you do any kind of business with them. They are not being a trustworthy company. I will NEVER order from them again. Too bad; they look so pretty on the website, now we know why they are so CHEAP!!! 4-5-15: Well, after I posted this review, the supervisor of JJshouse emailed me and they not only allowed a return and full refund, they paid the postage for me to send the dress back, which is what they should have done in the first place. Still, be careful when ordering from them and make sure all the measurements are correct.

karad5
4/1/15

I ordered a dress from jjs house but when it came it was the wrongs size the thing is we entered exact measurements we tried to find the number but to no such luck if anyone knows how to contact jjs house please tell us

suzied1
3/31/15

Tip for consumers: Tip for customers would be to ensure they post on site jabber if there are any issues. I had contacted JJS House using their pre-sales on line chat route, but never got a response. However, they responded through this site and actively sought to put things right. Overall, my dresses are lovely. Shoe size is very tight but I can stretch them.

29 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the JJsHouse staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Hi i'm interested in ordering a dress off this website but after reading mixed reviews i'm unsure. I need my dress to arrive within 6 weeks would that be possibe? the dress code is #002056610

regards,
A: I had 2 dresses sent in 2 weeks. I was surprised at how fast they came
6 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I, too, need to return a dress. I gave my measurements and added two inches. It's way too small and too short. Can someone give me some advice on getting some kind of a refund?
4/7/15
Answer
tonie8
A: I had a horrible experience with this company. I ordered the wrong color and couldn't exchange it. I was willing to pay for shipping, but they wouldn't exchange it. Their response was, it was special made for me in the color ordered. I am stuck with a dress I can't use. Ugh won't order or do business or recommend this company to anyone. I will make sure to detour anyone from ordering from this place. Very disappointed customer.
4 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the JJsHouse staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

67 Photos for JJsHouse