US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

brees4

Their customer service was so helpful (and was one of the reasons I bought a dress from them)... (in 811 reviews)

kims77

If they would respond to customer service issues and try to make things right, I would order again... (in 183 reviews)

katrinas7

I have ordered two dresses and plan to order my mother of the bride dress next month. (in 221 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

vanessam25
1/26/15

Could never be more upset. I ordered address the quality was very disappointed couldn't even walk into it because the train was crooked. On top of the fact that I did not even know my dress had a train. We're not a bot due to the fact that I'm getting married on a beach. The dress looks nothing like my photo. And I had to pay $300 to get it altered.The customer service was awful they offered me their partial refund or send my dress back to Hong Kong pay the shipping for refund that would take them three weeks to process minus my shipping. He told me that the dresses are hands-down by dressmakers so all I asked was could they send me one so correctly like the picture and they told me now that those are my options.as you can see in my photo the train came to the right of my dress not the back.

Tip for consumers: Buy from your local bridal shop!!by the time I spend the 300 for the just spent 300 on the alterations went through all of the headache and still don't have the dress that I wanted. Just have a better version of the one they sent me it's not worth that.

jackip1
1/22/15

terrible terrible would not recumbent to anyone.. they will not return your product even though the package was completely damaged.. would not recommend to anyone

Tip for consumers: don't use them they are in China and do not care about customer service.. returns, quality.. nothing.. horrible experience..

andread33
1/22/15

I just received my wedding shoes in the mail and I am in love with them. They are exactly like the picture and with the insoles that came with them (an added bonus) they fit perfectly. I'm glad I followed the size chart and instructions or I would have ordered the wrong size by mistake. I'm a size 8 in Canada and ordered 39. If I ordered 38 they would have been to tight. I did notice that one of the rhinestones fell off as I tried on the shoe but I couldn't find the spot where it came off. I might spray some fabric glue to keep the sparkles from coming off the shoe. I also had to pay $36 in duty fees but that was expected. Thank you JJHouse. I was so worried that they wouldn't fit but I am so happy. I can't wait to wear them at my wedding in September!

Tip for consumers: Please be aware of duty charges for your country and use the sizing instructions provided on the site carefully. Measure both feet.

nicolg
1/19/15

THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOU A REFUND!!!

I would absolutely never recommend anyone buy from JJsHouse! NEVER

Their so called "return policy" listed on their website is a load of crock. I have been in contact with them several times about returning my item which meets their criteria listed on their website and yet they continue to barter with me about how much discount they are willing to offer me and post remarks to establish some sort of repentance such as they have had "arguments" with their managers trying to help me and the that dressmaker has already spent "labour costs" making the dress for me.

I find their "return policy" extremely misleading to consumers and I cannot stress enough not to buy from them! Furthermore do not pay any attention to their sparking "reviews" as they have been carefully picked though to look their best. All you have to do is google JJsHouse reviews online to get some real information about how their business operates and treats their consumers.

BUYER BEWARE

lisah103
1/17/15

Update: Veronica from customer service contacted me shortly after and was very sympathetic with the situation. She has agreed to cover my extra charge and refund the dress so that it can go towards alteration fees. This was very kind. Although I was not super satisfied with my order, I can say that their customer service is exceptional and they do care about the customer's satisfaction.

I ordered my daughter's prom dress from this website, deciding to take a risk against these reviews and hoping for the best. We chose the custom sizing option as she was in between sizes and wanted to make sure it was the best fit possible. The dress came fairly quickly but I was surprised when the postman demanded a payment of $76 to release my dress in terms of customs and duties fees. This was upsetting as that was over a third of what my dress cost me! After contacting them, they only offered to help "share" the tax expense when that should have been fully covered by them in the beginning! So I paid the fee and received the dress. Before she even had an opportunity to try it on, beading was falling off the dress making it extremely poor quality. Also the sizing was off and it was way too big around the bust. I'm quite disappointed, and I am not even able to return it because of the custom sizing and even if I could it would be extremely expensive to send back. I do not think I will be ordering again in the future.

sandia2
1/9/15

Got a late start shopping for a dress my hubby to be found jj house omg. He didnt read the fine print and we ordered about 2 weeks from wedding well fone print basicly said would not be ready for about 12 days and then expedite shipping would be about 3 days but my hubby called and explained what happened and well I get married this Sat. and its Tue. My dress is here and I hope I look as good in it as I think Lol. Love it.

Tip for consumers: I dont normally shop online but glad I did.

brentonf1
12/29/14

We are have been looking for weeding items for a while on the internet and stumbled across JJsHouse.com. As usual you see things that are cheap and expect the same. But we seen a couple of reviews and thought we would buy something small to start with so we ordered our invites through them, they arrive in less than a week (to Australia) you can imagine we were surprised. But even more suprised at the quality they were great, then we ordered the "LOVE" table name holders, again very quick delivery and looks exactly the same as the website. Next we ordered the wedding ceremony reception kit (flower basket.ring pillow, guest book and pen) delivered in less than a week and looks exactly the same as pic, we also ordered an engraved cake cutting set. This took an extra 4 days roughly than the others but im guessing thats because of the engraving. I also sent an email asking about their wedding dresses and they replied within 8 hours (time diffeence US/AUS) So we are so happy so far and will give the wedding dress ago and hopefully it just as good as the other items.

Tip for consumers: Try it!! you wont be dissapointed :)

sarahd56
12/26/14

I recently ordered two pairs of dance shoes, one being to match a dress that I had made for a New Year Ball. The shoes arrived, one pair was fine but the other doesn't match the dress as it isn't the same colour as in the advertisement. I have made it clear that I don't want the one pair of shoes as they are not as described and wish to return them, but no, they keep offering either 30% off for a pair of shoes no good to me, or 50% coupon to buy something else from them. I have explained why these options won't work for me as I don't wish to buy from them again. They asked for photographic evidence which I sent twice. One of the reasons for this is the unexpected and expensive Duty and VAT charge for delivery. This was not seen at time of purchase and I am trying to explain this point with them as I had already paid the postage costs so extra costs were misleading to the sale. Horrendous company to deal with, they make promises they don't keep and believe that if they keep avoiding the issues and asking for further evidence which I keep sending them. They use a false email address as well. It's all a wind-up and I feel robbed!
Because I put a negative review on this site they have since refunded a lot of the cost but I wouldn't deal with them again - ever!

Tip for consumers: Just don't bother with them at all.

neelimap
12/23/14

Had a very good experience with JJHouse. The customer service was prompt and had constant updates from them which gave assurance that everything was going ok with my order. Will recommend this site to my friends and will continue using it. Thanks for promoting such good customer service. Thank you.

memzo
12/21/14

I had issues at first with my dress but their customer service is impeccable and they fixed all of my issues without any hassle! Thank u JJs House!!

mamieh1
12/21/14

I purchased a wedding dress for a family in need. The bride was so excited to receive a beautiful dress. I paid the shipping charge with dress order so was dismayed when ups vid for $43.00 showed up! I paid the additional charges after receiving email that I would be compensated for additional charges. When I unpack dress I notice beads are missing from bodice and that pleats are not sewn properly . I immediately tried to contact customer service... No telephone number just email. Now they are refusing to let me return defective dress!!! Update: I did receive a phone call from representative after posting review. The cosr of dress was refunded. The shipping and customs charge ($65) I lost. However, I did not have to return defective dress so I will find someone that can repair it and than donate it to someone in need. I wish it had been handled this way to begin with.

amyk21
12/19/14

Worst customer service ever! They don't take returns even in original condition. Dress doesn't look anything like picture that my friend wanted for her wedding. Their response is we enhance the photo and every body has different height. No it is not the same dress. Do not order from them!!!!

After a few emails and reviews Veronica emailed me and was excellent! She saved them. Veronica was apologetic and very understanding. They should have her respond to everybody. They are going to let me return the dress. They should be thanking her for her hard work

charityl2
12/18/14

I ordered my wedding dress and flower girls dresses from this site. Everything fit perfectly. The dresses were beautiful!!! I even ordered the shoes and some jewelry from the site. Everything was exactly what I expected. The bad side is the shipping the US cost me an extra $60! I talked to the company about this and they refunded the money. I will use JJ's House again. I can't express with words how beautiful it all turned out

loris120
12/16/14

This is a horrific website. They are only out to dupe you.

They will not accept returns. This would be acceptable if such notification was made prior to service. And now they're littering this website with fake accounts to purchase glowing review of the company.

AVOID THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE HORRIBLE.

~

UPDATE: After publishing this review and threatening legal action, JJsHouse quickly offered to refund in full, blaming the prior refusal to refund on an uninformed employee. JJsHouse then quickly requested a revised review here.

JJsHouse clearly thinks very little of its customers: The scam is to dupe people into thinking they can't get a full refund, but the moment their outrageous actions are called out publicly or might be challenged legally (i.e., clicking the "continue checkout" button results in a completed checkout without the opportunity to review a final order, in violation of contract law), they refund the money with the hope that their public image might be redeemed.

This site has an alarming number of reviews that are fawning; gee, I wonder if JJsHouse has manufactured fake reviews to make itself look good despite its atrocious and dishonest business practices?

Tip for consumers: Absolutely, positively, do not use JJsHouse.

kimberj
12/16/14

We are renewing our vows so I ordered a wedding dress from JJsHouse.com I liked the idea that they could customize the measurements for me and the prices seemed reasonable. I ordered priority shipping. I just received an UPS slip stating that I have to pay a BROKERAGE FEE of $86.20. I verified with UPS if this is a tax or tariff and they said no, it was a BROKERAGE FEE paid to a private entity. UPS couldn't deliver my package to me unless the BROKERAGE FEE was paid! With utter disappointment I declined the package. My dress was only $300 and it was a stretch for me to pay for that! I couldn't and wouldn't pay the $86.20 BROKERAGE FEE. I contacted the company and they are offering to pay for a PORTION OF IT!! NO way!! I am disupting the entire purchase with my credit card company. THIS IS A SCAM!! This place ruined my plans for our wedding renewal vows because I didn't get my dress. I am sad, upset and I am disgusted....

Tip for consumers: Ask in advance in writing if they are collecting a brokerage fee of any kind. Do not fall for the brokerage fee scam!!

megane2
12/12/14

UPDATE: After communicating with JJs House some more I was able to get a full refund after posting this review.

I ordered 2 bridesmaid dresses from this site and once I received them the bride wanted to return them to get different dresses and get different colors elsewhere.

First off, the dresses were in good condition and still had the tags on them and they should have had no problem accepting them back and giving me a refund. Instead I am told that they can't and didn't give me a legitimate excuse. I am a poor college student who barely has enough to survive and they refuse to give me a refund. I am sorely disappointed in this company.

They DO NOT care about customer satisfaction and were not willing to help me return and get a refund on my items. I looked at their terms and conditions to see if there was anything that said my purchase was final sale. And I found nothing, also when I inquired of the return they only said that it was "really hard" to accept returns. That is not a legitimate excuse. They really have no excuses to reject my return and want of a refund, except for the fact they are money hunger.

I will make sure to tell all my friends and family not to order from them unless they want to be scammed and cheated of their money and time. Luckily, I'm a college student and have many friends who are engaged and will get married in the future. So at least I can give them advice to avoid this online store like the plague.

I've also had many other online store work with me that have allowed me to return my items and get a refund. I can't believe that that this one store is so cheap and so fixed on money that they only care about their numbers not the people. AVOID THIS STORE.

cherinee
12/12/14

The site is not a fraud, they are very serious and honest in all products.
i am ordering with them from time and they so helpful, specially on custom orders.
The quality is perfect for the fabric and the tailoring.

They are perfect
I recommend them

peggyo1
12/8/14

I am more than happy with my dress the fit was perfect .
The finish of the product was excellent .
I could not fault it in any way.
I received feed back immediately.
I am one very satisfied customer and would recommend it to any one.
I will definitely shop at jjshouse again should the occasion arise for that something very special.

sofiat1
12/8/14

I am stunned to read the no.of negative reviews and do feel terrible about those who got sub standard service from JJsHouse. The reading has left me slight cautious for further orders! However, at the moment I'm putting aside my trepidation to say...EXCELLENT SERVICE! JOB WELL DONE! This is the first time I have ever ordered anything from JJs which came highly recommended by a family member! I ordered a ball gown for my daughter and from the start, I didn't seem to comply with JJs requests. Wrong measurements, delay in re-sending and finally the request to cancel since the clock was ticking for delivery! However, right from word 'go' Ms Jenny Wu always got back to me the minute I sent a query!! Thought she was sitting right across the table! It took nearly a week for me to actually get the right measurements across...was expecting the order to arrive on the eve of the event but.....it arrived more than a week before, absolutely exquisitely tailored! Total time from first email to receipt was just over 3 weeks!! The shoes too are totally divine and my daughter is well over the moon! So please keep up the good work and THANK YOU! Especially to Ms Jenny Wu for her patience and support! She actually even called me in Switzerland a couple of times to check the measurements!!!

shamirap
12/6/14

Although the dress wasn't the right fit, Veronica was very helpful to assist me in a way that was very genuine. Excellent service and communication from her.

Tip for consumers: Best to do custom size orders instead of pre-made. Wonderful service.

ekaterinan
12/4/14

Terrible company! Ordered some dancing shoes, in my size, when they arrived they were much too small. Later found that JJsHouse use non standard sizes, and after emailing several times they refused a refund or exchange to my size and I was offered 40% off my next order from them!

Next there was an unexpected custom charge of £18(which was not mentioned the site) after paying JJsHouse over £16 for postage! and it was not clear that the items were coming from china. When the total value was under £50, and having to pay £16 postage and another £18 customs, Would I order from them again with 40% off and to have all this aggravation????????????

So now I have some useless shoes that do not fit and custom charges on top of the expensive postage. Do not order from this company!

Update:
Veronica, a pleasant lady and supervisor of Jjshouse, has contacted me and said the company would make a full refund of my purchase (except shipping cost though) and half of the custom charge and it would take a few working days to receive it.

Tip for consumers: Do not buy from this site !!!

karlab2
12/1/14

What a great disappointment. I just got the dresses that I ordered almost 2 weeks ago when I expected to get it in several days, before realizing after I ordered it that there was "processing time" as well. My first surprise was when the delivery man came to my door asking to get paid for another charge I wasn't aware of for the customs fee, which was never explained to me when I ordered online. I paid an extra 40 dollars in addition to my 250+ order. I also never expected the dresses to come from China, which explains the poor fit and quality of material. Please don't order your dresses here, what a waste of money.

Update: after posting this review, jjshouse contacted me and offered a refund, which was pleasant. I got a full refund and kept the dresses. It was nice that they changed their policy to actually improve customer satisfaction. Thank you.

dw480
11/25/14

My experience with JJSHOUSE.com was problematic at best. I placed an order, receoved the merchandise and was not pleased with the fit or quality of the item. I have gone back and forth via email to return the merchandise and receive a refund. Well, JJSHOUSE wants to give me a 25% refund on the $70+. I would NEVER recommend this online shopping site to anyone!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Do NOT use this site.

katherines7
11/24/14

This is simply a horrible place to shop for weddings. The refuse to take back anything despite giving them the "picture proof" they insisted upon showing that the dress doesn't fit you (how humiliating is that?). I went by their size chart and can only waddle around like a penguin in a dress that I can't return or even exchange. They offered me a 15 percent discount for alterations….for a dress that is way to small in the sleeves and poorly crafted…you can't just make fabric magically appear through alterations. They claim that even though I ordered a standard size dress with no changes…that it is impossible to return it as it is "custom made." Stay away, this place is a scam, and who wants to go through the hassle of this for their wedding.
Update:
After reading my review on this site, JJshouse offered me a refund for the dress (minus shipping) and told me to keep the dress as they didn't want to bother with having it sent back. This was lovely (not sure what to do with the dress though) but the loveliness began to end shortly after. Since then they have constantly hounded me to change my review on here, several emails and many phone calls, including two on Thanksgiving day. I told them that once I received the refund I would update, so here's the update. To give fair warning, they seemed to act like a refund was an exception to the rule. I would not go into this company expecting a refund or exchange. The manager of customer service is very pleasant to talk to.

Tip for consumers: Avoid if at all possible.
Update: Still would avoid.

clairej6
11/22/14

I purchased a Homecoming dress from JJsHouse, for my daughter. It came within a week with the expedited shipping. The dress looked exactly like it did online and it was beautifully made.

Unfortunately even though we ordered the dress in the smallest standard size they had, the dress was still to big on my daughter and we had to pay to get it altered (which was nearly as much as the dress, because of the design). I would have used the Custom Size available through JJsHouse, but i was concerned that i would not receive the dress on time

I would absolutely order from JJsHouse again, but i will probably Custom Size it next time.

patriciam44
11/22/14

Hace una semana que les he escrito y no recibo respuesta.
Quiero devolver mi pedido. No lo he recibido todavía pero me han llamado de la empresa de transporte diciendo que tengo que pagar 50 euros más por gastos adicionales. Me niego a hacerlo, en ningún momento se me comunicó nada de esto. Creo que no es legal ya que esto debería ser avisado previamente a la compra.

Espero tener noticias suyas en brevedad

kims77
11/18/14

UPDATE TO FORMER 1 STAR RATING:
I was contacted by Veronica who was very eager to make me happy. She responded to my complaint with the offer of a full refund on the dress. She was very nice. She definitely redeemed JJ's House in my eyes. So much so that I decided to try again. I ordered my replacement dress from them. I am hoping for the best, but feel much better about it knowing that Veronica is there to back up her company.

1 STAR RATING:
I was nervous about ordering from jjshouse.com after reading these reviews and I should have trusted my gut. 1st, the website doesn't let you cancel your order within 24 hours like it says, and they never responded to my inquiry from 2 weeks ago that they state they'll respond to within 48 hours. When I got my dress, although I had already paid shipping, there was a COD on the package and I had to give the UPS driver a money order for $43 payable to the sender. The fabric quality was good and there are details I really like about it, but my dress has pick-ups in the skirt part that are HORRIBLY done and they aren't anything like the picture. I wouldn't have enough faith to try this site again and wouldn't recommend it. Also, I noticed that every rating on their site is 5 stars-we all know that's not true, judging by the reviews here. Jjshouse seems to be really dishonest...

Tip for consumers: If you order, don't order anything with too much detail.

alw32
11/16/14

I'm writing to edit my review. Although my initial shopping experience was not a good one, the JjsHouse customer service rep contacted me and after talking and emailing we were able to reach an agreeable and satisfactory result. So they do have great customer service and the dress very beautiful. I had to get it altered (even though I had ordered it custom made), but I love the dress design and the quality. I might shop here again in the future, but only after talking to a representative to make sure I will get what I order. That said, they surprised me when they called me to see if I had tried on the dress and I think that shows high integrity on their part. Though I wish they would improve on their customizations and color (my dress was off-white, though I ordered white), I definitely think it's a great company that has very beautiful and affordable dresses. I don't know whether I would recommend the site to my friends yet, but I am not disappointed in them anymore. I give them five stars in everything except shipping, so overall 4-stars which is not bad.

Tip for consumers: UPDATE: Great customer service and great quality dresses at affordable prices. Be warned tough that you might have to pay a bit extra when the dress is delivered.

ambereent
11/15/14

I ordered 2 dresses for my girls. I loved their dresses.beautiful stitching good material n awesome design.i got the same thing what I ordered.i am so happy that I didn't wasted my money.people who says this is scam and don't order from this website they are stupid they don't know how to give measurements.so much reasonable prices.thank you so much jjs house.my order was also on time

Tip for consumers: give your measurement according to their size chart. I guarantee you your dress will be amazing .people who said this website is scam and blah blah they lied . they are stupid. they don't know anything.

tracym45
11/15/14

I purchased a dress from jjs House the quality of the item was atrocious material was cheap very poorly put together.after several conversations and sob stories about how little they made on their items and offers of 20.30.40% refunds to keep the item and get it repaired, I contacted PayPal to open a dispute i eventually got a refund but i believe that was only due to PayPal being involved.,had to ship the item back to China as a tracked parcel at my expense which is very expensive.To top all this hassle i have now received a customs duty demand for the original delivery of the dress which i will have to pay,even though i got my refund i am still out off pocket by £70.. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE

Tip for consumers: BUYER BEWARE DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE

mariamh1
11/14/14

I give jjs House best site of year......great and excellent customer service. They are very straight forward, Reliable and they give detail response.

Made a wrong order, needed to change all entire order to different items, Jjs house did all d reorder process for me without me having to go through any stress.

fabiolaf

Boa tarde, eu fiz um pedido com vocês de n.6693617436
Estava prevista a entrega em, no máximo 8 dias, mas eu não consigo obter nenhuma informação de rastreamento posterior ao dia 29/10. Qual a empresa de currier contratada para fazer a entrega para que eu possa entrar em contato? Tento entrar em contato com o customer support do site de vocês, sem sucesso, contudo. Obrigada

raquela
11/14/14

Below you will find my previous review on jjshouse. I received an email from Veronica, one of their service members. She was very helpful and was going to process my return. She even offered to pay for the return shipping cost. Veronica realized it would be difficult and costly to ship the dress back to them so she insisted on me keeping the dress and gave me a refund on the dress (minus the shipping). She was very kind and helpful.. It seems to me that jjshouse is starting to care of their customers.

"I ordered a dress from jjshouse last week and I received it yesterday. I tried it on and the top part of the dress is extremely low cut. The underline of my bra even shows! I contacted jjshouse asking if I could possibly exchange it for a different dress and was told that I could not even return it because according to them the dress was made correctly on the mannequin. I was even told to take it to a local tailor. The tailor can't fix it for there isn't enough material. I ordered the correct size for I followed their measurements. I am regularly a size 8 and I had to order a size 14!! I am not asking for my money back. I simply wanted to exchange it. JJshouse care more about themselves than their customers!!"

bellan4
11/13/14

They told me to pay for shipping of my dress but never paid the for customs? DHL is asking for a hundred pounds . WHY ARENT PEOPLE HONEST?
Update. I finally paid for the courier and got the package. The items were nice. The material of the wedding dress was good quality, not cheap,well sown. Just as in the picture.However it didn't fit, bigger. I can get that amended. But I am impressed with the wedding dress. Jjs house refunded the customs fee and 40% of the dress value for the alteration fee. I'm impressed with Veronica Gao, the customer service rep that was working with me. Nice.

Tip for consumers: Ask them to be specific about shipping and customs.

jesikaj
11/13/14

WARNING!!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM JJS HOUSE!!!!
These dresses are HORRIBLE.I spent a total of over $400 on two dresses.

They have seam runs, stains, and the have some cheap colored fabric that matches nothing! I have contacted JJs house and they offered me to pay half of the extra fee that they charges of $60.12. They called this a customs fee. However, I called customs. The fee was made payable to ReadMob, which is JJs house. What a scam. The fee was not for customs. It was additional money JJshouse is making. These dressed are so awful. I am out over $400.
Cindy their customer service rep offered a $5 coupon. Are you kidding me???? I am out over $400 for dresses that I cannot even use! The dresses in the pictures are from other dress companies. The dresses that they make are knock-off versions of what is shown.

Never use JJshouse.

The dresses pictures are not the dresses that you get.I will be contacting my bank for fraudulent charges and open a dispute if JJshouse does not refund my money!!!

NEVER USE JJS HOUSE!!!!!!!!

I wish that I could rate zero stars!!!

Tip for consumers: BUYER BEWARE!!! Stay AWAY!!!!

maryg59
11/11/14

No stars!!!! Do not purchase anything from JJ House. I purchased a dress that was about an inch longer on one side then the other, the middle was twisted because of the difference. I bought the leatherette shoes to go with the dress and they were crushed in at the front and made of some sort of cardboard, YES cardboard, I'm still in shock. I have never been so disappointed with an online purchase

Tip for consumers: don't purchase anything

conniek11
11/9/14

OMG my dress was amazing & to detail - i had my sleeves tapered in by a dressmaker and i was happy with wearing your garment. My friends & family abosolutley loved it and look forward to the next function when i require a dress for me - custom made & special from JJs house <3 + Thank you for delivering at late notice, 5 days prior the wedding of my niece. I have shared my experience with family & friends and i hope they enjoy the beautiful clothing you advertise.

claudiad5

Excellent!
Great and fast response from the customer service team! .. definitly a WOW experience!

sherria1
11/9/14

I purchased 2 prom dresses for my daughter and couldn't have been more happy with the both of them!!! They both fit her absolutely perfectly and felt the quality was as good or better than any locally store bought dress. Plus you just couldn't beat the price and speed of delivery!! Highly recommend them!!!

betinaf1
11/7/14

Excellent client service. Friendly and with a "can do" attitude. Super quality of the dress and well made! I will recommend any time. Thanks for outstanding service.

lindab90
11/7/14

Ordered a wedding party dress....the thing came in made of God knows what for the lining....weighed a ton ! Never have I put on anything (except perhaps the Dentist's lead apron during teeth x-rays) that weighed me down so much. Could not wear it because it was so uncomfortable. Trying to get it returned appears to take an act of Congress. Would NOT recommend this site. Go to an online department store and save yourself the disappointment and wasted finance.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from...

vanessak8
11/4/14

I wore a JJs House dress for my wedding. I was a young bride on a very tight budget and the dress worked very well for me. No, it was not a runway quality dress, but you get what you pay for. And for under 300 dollars, I got a dress that i was happy to walk down the aisle in. There were minor flaws that were easily fixed by my seamstress. If you're looking to save, and for a dress you're only wearing once, I highly recommend JJ's House.

adelav
11/3/14

Beautiful products and of high quality. Very fast shipping. I will definitely shop from this site again.

chrisw74
11/2/14

I just tried to order a dress, the site told me my card wasn't recognised and to try again,which I did, then I go the same message. The money appears to have gone out twice and my order says unpaid. PLEASE do not use this site. it seems to me to be FRAUD, I have emailed them and asked them to cancel the order and refund the money they have taken

I spoke with my bank who told me they risk assess online sites and this one failed the risk assessment and required me to contact them to confirm I had placed the order. JJs House did respond and sent me screenshots that the payments had NOT been taken, and the bank confirmed this. The bank also told me this was precautionary and she personally didn't think it was a scammer site. So I have re-ordered the dress and will update with my experience of it when it arrives.

EDIT UPDATE
after speaking with my bank and Veronica at JJs House I ordered a dress.
Expected delivery 7 November it arrived on 6th. The dress is boxed and inside the box it is inside a plastic bag.
At first glance I was shocked because it said it was chiffon but this was lining, however it was packed inside out. Quality of lining is reasonable, chiffon looks a bit cheap and there was a minor snag on the bodice. Overall I would say the dress is well made.
I was exactly a 14 on the company's sizing and the dress does fit me, it's a little snug round the middle, but that's probably more me than the dress, and a tiny bit big on the bust, but nothing anyone would notice and as it's strapless probably the way they are all made. Haven't looked in detail but the seam allowance does appear generous so you could probably let it out if needed, that said chiffon and the under material would both leave needle marks.
It is also fairly long, I'm 5'7 and even with heels it trails a bit, so if you're short look at the length carefully.

The quality is reasonable, this dress cost me £113 including the freight and the import duty (£22 to DHL). You could probably buy a dress in HoF or John Lewis for £120 and have some consumer rights. What you wouldn't have is the sheer choice of designs and colours on JJS House.
So I would say that is the balance. Do you really want that style of dress, with possibly less glamour than the photo, and no right to return it, or do you want security of return?
Make sure you check your measurements against the company chart I think a UK 14 is perhaps a bit smaller than JJS.

EDIT 2
Veronica from JJs House just called again, 8am, and offered me a refund. Totally unexpected.

Tip for consumers: Check your measurements to the chart. Tell them if you're unhappy with anything, they do seem to take customer satisfaction seriously.

tamf
10/30/14

I ordered 2 dresses from this site. On the positive side, the dresses were made to the exact design, although the fit is a bit off. On the negative side, the fabric was not of the quality I was expecting. I ordered chiffon dresses and I love chiffon but the chiffon they have used is of not the best quality. However, their customer service is excellent, they responded immediately and refunded a percentage of the purchase price and let me keep the dresses. I'm not stating how much they refunded, in order that people may not use it as a tactic to get their prices slashed on a purchase, remember that kind of thing is outright cheating and will only bring you bad karma. I was in fact shocked that they let me keep the dresses and yet agreed to a partial refund, I do hope scammers out there do not use this to their advantage. Will I order from them again? I have made a suggestion to them to introduce different quality fabric, if so, yes I will order something not too expensive as a try out.

lyndar7
10/28/14

UPDATE: from previous review. After receiving several calls & emails from Ms. Veronica, her assistance was amazing to say the least. She explained to me the issues at hand, reimbursed my "COD" charge & when I received my dress. My eyes were filled with JOY. It is truly a GREAT dress at a decent price. It was a little too big but nothing that can't be altered in time. THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping me with all this & providing me with a dress that I will love forever..

I was to receive my dress yesterday after being reassured by email, I would by the 25th. Of course AGAIN I was charged an additional $37 for the package itself to be paid in a cashiers check to the UPS driver. My fiance was unaware of such COD so the package was taken back & they will return on Monday. All these extra charges are NOT mentioned at all when ordering, not to mention the addition "International Service Fee" charged to my account by JJ House has left me "FLABBERGHASTED" by this whole experience. I haven't even seen the quality of the dress but to say the least, my fiance described the size of the package and that alone has left me with an idea of "bad dress". As a very well known public figure (published author) Neena44. I will most certainly give my review on this enitre experience with your company or should I say "ReadMob Technologies" since that is the real name behind JJsHouse. Until I receive and inspect the material, etc of the dress I will only review on the shipping & lack of customer service at this point.. Thank you for your time.. Please do respond with "We take pride in offer great customer service" It would only add hypocrisy to your names. I will post another review once I have received the dress, If it is to my satisfaction I WILL adjust this review for now my sentiments remain as is based on shipping & customer service and please do not offer me a $5 coupon that is beyond ridiculous attempt at redeeming yourselves.

Tip for consumers: UPDATE: GREAT DRESS..

genevievew
10/26/14

i ordered a dress for a wedding from jj's house and couldn't be anymore impressed! I ordered the dress custom fit & it fit perfectly. Wonderful customer service, the dress was made beautifully, sensibly priced & arrived before the expected date. I will definitely be ordering dresses again & I will be highly recommending this company to anyone after gorgeous, unique dresses.

kristanh
10/23/14

Awesome customer service, great quality dresses for little price. Easy to work with and quick shipping!

leannew3
10/22/14

I ordered 3 dresses thinking that I would have a variety of choice to choose the perfect dress. Can't return 2 of the dresses because this was not made clear that they were made to measure, but on top of shipment paid with jjshouse I had to pay import tax of £93!!! Just be careful what you are buying as you can't send it back! However, since my review jjshouse did get in contact and refunded 40% of what both dresses were worth and I have kept the dresses as well.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you choose the right dress that you will want to keep!

tionieg
10/22/14

I contacted their customer service to work out my shoes size, they were very helpful and were able to change my order. I just got the shoes this morning and they are great! A little bit tight but nothing some socks and a hairdryer can't fix. I'm so glad I didn't get the next size up!

The shoes are a perfect colour to my wedding dress, although I was a bit concerned because the shoes looked more creamy on the website. But they are actually a light ivory. Thankfully they match perfectly!

Thanks JJsHouse!