US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

erict28

It makes delivery so much easier and they have great customer service! (in 40 reviews)

sarahr53

I ordered from a Chinese place and wAs told after I completes the order it would take 1 1/2 hours. (in 110 reviews)

vanessaa10

It took 2 hours for a grilled cheese to be delivered. (in 22 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

melissas55
2/27/15

I enjoy the food but when I pay for it I expect to get what I ordered 2 times now they $#*!ed up my order and the driver told me I had to give him a tip bite that you don't ask for what you may or may not get and its rude

jonathans49
2/23/15

It took two hours for pizza because the pizzeria didn't get my order until 45 min after I ordered it. I'll never use them again.

shelim
2/22/15

My daughter in Virginia was very ill, so I was looking for local food delivery for her and ran across GrubHub. I live in Florida. The website was very user friendly and made finding a restaurant in her area that delivered a breeze. I ordered online, included the tip in the credit card payment and was done in three minutes. I am a bit of a worry wart since I had never used the site before, so I called the restaurant to confirm the delivery time and the food was already on its way! I think this is an excellent service and I gained big mom points with my daughter. Thanks GrubHub!

zoranllyg
2/21/15

I used the website they took the money out of my card and sent me a confirmation number. Then they send me an email saying that my order was cancelled because the restaurant never took my order and that my money was going to be posted back on my account. I looked at my account it wasn't there i contacted my Bank and according to them the transation was prosessed and never cancelled. I called customer service and all I got was a wait until your bank figures it out because we cancelled and I cant do anything else for you. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD I USE THIS WEBSITE IF THEY CANT EVEN HELP WHEN THEY MESS UP? THE RESTAURANTS ARE MUCH MORE HELPFUL DIRECTLY AND ATLEAST YOU KNOW WHERE YOURE MONEY IS GOING!

davidm245
2/16/15

Ordered online 8:30 pm, charged my credit card, promised 9:30 - 9:45 pm delivery arrival. 10pm No delivery, called 877 number, put on hold for about 5 minutes. Told they have to call to find out, they call back saying food can't be delivered since the place where I ordered food from doesn't have a driver or whatever.... lame, lame, lame. We had to out and rush and get frozen food. This service is AWFUL do not patronize and let it go out of business quickly!

taylork14
2/16/15

Came across their site on my phone whole trying to order some take out for my boyfriend and I. Type in my city and state and get an option for Chinese that's only 4 miles away. Accept, place the order pay online with my card .. only to find that this place we ordered from is in CO! I'm in MN! Why would this even show up as an option? I clearly entered my city and state. I've now been on hold for over 20 minutes unable to get through to anyone in their customer service to cancel this before I get charged for something I obviously can't pick up. I tried to call the restraunt to rectify it there but I've tried twice and no one that picks up the phone speaks English or even answers to "hello". What a sham. Thanks to a lack of information I will probably be out $30.

liyahj
2/16/15

This website is garbage i order two times through them and got the same results then they lie to me saying that their delivery car is having problems after i just got off the phone with the restaurant and they said grub hub never even called in my order after 2 hours of waiting then they call me and said they canceled my order this stupid company is a joke and i recommend never ordering through them i recommend Zooted they are amazing and way better

pawant1
2/15/15

Placed an order with them today. Waited for 2 hours for food to arrive and then got in touch with their customer service. And then I get informed that the order has been misplaced and they will cancel the order and give me a $10 GrubHub credit (along with some instructions on how to use it). What they forgot to realize is that a hungry man doesn't give a rat's ass about your $10 worth of credit. Pathetic.

peterg63
2/15/15

Worst idea ever. 3 hours so far and no food. Sushi wtf. The Site made me pick a star. Actually I give it a minus 3 stars

naomiw2
2/15/15

To begin, I ordered a $2.49 2 Liter of Dr. Pepper, a create your own pizza which was supposed to have just one topping of bacon on it, large fries and Tiramisu. Now I realize that GrubHub does not make the food, however, i'm paying them to make sure that what I ordered is what's delivered. After receiving a call from the driver because he wasn't certain of my location, I watched him drive in circles for 20 minutes before reaching out to me again. By then even though I told him multiple times turn now, he still was so focused on a landmark that he couldn't actually hear me say, "Turn Now". When he arrived he handed me a bag of food and proceeded to get in his vehicle. I then asked if I was going to receive my drink that I ordered. He surprisingly said yes and proceeded to hand me a bag of 4 can's of Dr. Pepper. 4 x 12 = 48. However, a 2 Liter holds 68 ounces. So I paid for 20 ounces more than what I received. And of coarse my Tiramisu was instead cheesecake. The worst part was my pizza was cold and did not have a single piece of bacon on it. I paid for a lot of things I didn't get and I waited for almost 2 hours to get it. That was officially my first and absolutely my last time ever using GrubHub. I will not recommend to anyone. Unreal, but I guess it's cheap for a reason and even so it's still too expensive.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

nicolep28
2/14/15

Absolutely horrible service. I ordered only to find out that, once I hit confirm, the food would take 1 hour and 45 min to arrive. It actually took 2 hours and 15 min for it to come. I called Grub Hub only to be put on hold for "10+" minutes. No way of finding out where the food was. It finally came. Pizza was ice cold and they didn't have the soda we ordered. I WILL NEVER USE GRUB HUB AGAIN.

danp52
2/14/15

I haven't had a problem with this site until now and it was a big problem. Other than my food being over an hour late I could not even find someone to contact as to where my order was. It was ridiculous that my credit card was charged instantly but I could not find out where my order was. I tried calling the customer service line several times only to be put on hold forever. I will NEVER use grubhub again

janicei1
2/13/15

I have never been to a restaurant that is so up customer friendly more then Patsys! Very independent .. Borderline rude!! And ordering in is no different ... After. Ding quoted 30-45 minutes for deliver - 1 12 hours later pizza arrived like cardboard.. Salas was swimming in dressing and their answer was too bad!!! Disgusting!!

Tip for consumers: Don't!!!

anthonya35
2/13/15

I used this site/app for several months with no problem. Recently I placed an order via the app and only a small portion of my order arrived. I sent 5 separate e-mails to GrubHub with no response. I complained on their facebook page and they said they never received any e-mail from me. The refused to correct the situation and to make matters worse, they charged me full price. I have since deleted the app and will never use this service again.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it. Avoid the headache and use a different food delivery service or better yet, call the restaurant directly.

michaelp134
2/9/15

Never had any success with this broken web site. I live in Maryland and they tried to order my food from Arizona. Never waste time on here again.

marcellof
2/8/15

use them often but will not anymore… i thought it was easier to place order and you would have the benefit of the customer service part if something went wrong with order…. well they are terrible. have had missing items in my last three orders and when i try to contact them it takes forever to get a response…. really on a friday or sunday … why should it take over 45 mins to get someone to respond to you got on grub hub support tonight and was number 33 in the cue. wow that is a lot of people having a lot of problems. i think the place i ordered from had a bad night… it happens but getting the order wrong and sending cold food… not just not hot… literally COLD food should require a credit or replacement for what was missing and what came cold as if right from a fridge. … 45 mins later… still on hold with grub hub restaurant says they can't do anything since it was ordered via grub hub and grub hub has to perform the credit. this is not s service that provides delivery from restaurants that don't usually deliver… so from now on just order from the restaurant than at least you can make a call and get a resolution without all the run around.

Tip for consumers: RUN AWAY

adamg44
2/4/15

This company is terrible. After an hour and a half of waiting, we called and the "system" had blocked our order, they didn't know why and didn't really care.. We were supposed to be notified but no email or phone call. Card was charged. First person was completely unapologetic. The manager said he would look into it, and suggested that maybe we were a customer they don't want. There was nothing wrong with the card, we Used card at exact same restaurant, who delivered in half the time of original GrubHub proposal. Worst customer service ever!

anne567
2/4/15

The company farms out their deliveries to other businesses who deliver. Ordered from Grubhub and delivery was handled by Dining In. Receipt stated order ready for pickup at 6:46 but wasn't delivered until 8:15, of course food was cold. I will never order fromGrubhub again.

hopet1
2/3/15

If there was an option for ZERO stars, I that would be my choice. Terrible customer service, and poor follow up. The "refer a friend" option doesn't work, and both times that I have used GrubHub, my food has come OVER and hour and a half late. I will never be ordering my food on GrubHub again. Check out Yelp for their overall 1 star rating if you want to see others that agree with me. If that's not telling you something, then maybe your cold food will.

kk69
1/23/15

I've used Grubhub in LA and in Phoenix for a few years now. They've always had great customer service. I think some people are confused about how Grubhub works...they take the orders and relay them to the restaurant. They are not actually responsible for the food or the delivery of the food. Some restaurants even cooperate to allow for text updates letting you know the restaurant has received the order, and when the delivery driver is on his/her way.

I've had probably 6 or 7 issues with orders (such as, the restaurant was closed for the day due to equipment/personal issues but did not tell Grubhub, the restaurant lost my order in the kitchen and found it an hour later, the restaurant's delivery driver didn't show up for their shift, etc.). All but once the restaurant called me and told me themselves. Every single time Grubhub has immediately refunded my card and given me $5 site credit with sincere apologies (even though none of it was their fault).

I'm so glad Grubhub is around, and will happily continue to use them. It enables easy online ordering from a variety of locations from one website, doesn't charge extra on top of restaurant delivery fees (like delivery services do), and has great customer service. Thanks, Grubhub (but I miss Yummy Rummy!!)!

shawnj7
1/18/15

Well, I'm intoxicated and was looking for a place to deliver subs. Saw Grub Hub and was like awesome. Ordering was easy, chose what i wanted and put in my order. The estimated delivery time was really long though; about an hour and a half. As I'm waiting, i'm starting to wonder if I just plugged my information into a scam site since i never used this service before. So, what's a man gonna do? GOOGLE! I googled "what is Grub Hub", a bunch of stuff popped up, and of course these lousy reviews. I immediately regretted the order cause i'm hungry as a MOFO. Then, my door bell rang, 45 min later, perfect order. Food in my face, grub in my gut. Guess reviews aren't everything.

susanx10
1/17/15

I have used them a handful of times and I can only give a strong Don't Bother - you are much better off calling the restaurant directly.

I keep wanting Grubhub to work, but I find the same problems others do:
Wait times are ridiculous. Restaurant is less than 10 minutes away, if I am there at the restaurant (order at counter and wait for food type places), even if it is crazy busy it takes no more than 15 minute to get food and typically much quicker. Yet, the deliver time is 1-2 hours, yup 2 hours. Worse, you place the order and Grub Hub tells you on the receipt 45-60 minutes, and it is not until you get an email confirmation that it tells you it is much longer. Also, items often missing or wrong.

So, for Grub Hub to have value (versus you just calling the restaurant directly), they should be fixing the problems? Right? They have more clout as they are "bringing a chunk of business to the restaurant, not just one person).
Nope, they reply with things like well typically restaurants that deliver do so in 60 minutes (with nothing said why this one says it will be 90-120 minutes or any actions taken).
Or when something is missing they say - you should tell us this right when you get the food as the restaurant is closed now. Well I DID tell you right when I got the food, but they took so long to deliver it that they had closed by then.
Or they say well the restaurant said they are not refunding any money (on the messed up order).

So what is Grub Hub doing for you?
Providing another place for people to hack your information (they store all their information online and it "can't" be taken out as it is on all the receipts stored online and despite them saying clear your information you can't clear receipts)
Being a middle man so communication is poor - if you were talking directly to he restaurant on the phone, they would tell you deliver time right then and you could say never mind and choose a different place.
Giving out the wrong address so the delivery person is running all over trying to find you.
Not things I want someone doing for me.

Tip for consumers: Call the restaurant directly. You will get better delivery times, you can say no to ridiculous deliver times, and they will hear any special information (e.g. brown rice,not white rice).

vickik4
1/16/15

I didn't know they partnered with Doorstep Delivery...we stopped ordering from them because of long wait times (way over then their estimate) and they could never get our order right. First time ordering from GrubHub...we waited 2 hours and got the wrong order. On top of that, the driver had a Doorstep Delivery uniform on! Also their charge for delivering was $7 and Doorstep is cheaper. What the hell!

jonathonk9
1/15/15

Delivery time estimates are grossly inaccurate and support sub par. have been waiting over 2 hours for delivery from restaurant would have taken 20 minutes to walk to order and receive food. Attempted to save time since the order was for a work team lunch.

Tip for consumers: Seamless at least provides estimate prior to an order being placed

leslieg20
1/11/15

Used to be a great service. They have plummeted downhill. I don't have time to cook and have weird long work hours so I liked being able to order out easily with their online system. The food used to ALWAYS come on time. The past 3 months it took longer and longer. Why??? The past 4 out of 5 times the food took 2+ hours when it had said it would take 1 hour OR they just never showed. I called the restaurant directly tonight---having been on hold with GrubHub customer service for 20 minutes---and they cavalierly said my order wasn't ready after 2 hours and it might take another 20 minutes or more. I am going to bed hungry tonight. have requested a refund from Grub Hub. I will not use them again. I only give 2 stars because they USED TO be a good service.

ab2417
1/5/15

Placed an order. Seemed ok. Added a drink to the order 2 mins later. Without any clear indication, they created a new order. Delivery was late. I received some food, and by the time I opened the bags, I realized they had duplicated the order. Tried calling customer service, but was on hold for more than 25minutes. Ended up chatting with a customer service agent online, who said it was my fault that I accepted both orders (even though I signed only for one).

Tip for consumers: Don't use! Just call the restaurant directly, and you'll be better off.

thomasc68
1/5/15

I tried to order pizza for delivery when I was ready to check out grubhub said I needed to add 9.25 in order to have it delivered so I cancelled my order

cynthiah15
12/28/14

My order came in wrong...When I called the service that I ordered from, they told me it was grubhub that is responsible...When I called grubhub to let them know about my order, they told me it was my fault. I explained to them, I ordered based on what I could eat...The girl told me well, you just have deal with it and I totally went off. Once I hung up, next thing I no, they are sending an apology through text with 10.00 on them...Really, because I told them I was going reported to my cc company and two, I was give them a bad review...Well here you go....

Tip for consumers: It depends on the state..

karenc47
12/28/14

Food was almost 2 hours later than it told me it would be. I was offered no discount, at that point the entire meal should have been refunded!

Tip for consumers: The best tip I can give is DONT USE IT!!!!

kevinm105
12/28/14

they added this text notification sometime ago, I had been away from the service. so i didnt know

#1 They don't give you a choice to not recieve the texts in the first place, it was non-obvius that they would do it when placing an order unless you edited the delivery address...even then not so much, it should be a banner popup telling you this for the first time.
#2 They text you AGAIN after you send the STOP message to tell you they won't text you anymore.
#3 Smartphones....they claim to have an app that does the same thing, IDC. If they are marketing this to smartphone users then we have freakin email on the phone to and that is not a pay per use beyond the usual data plan, even then the data usage charge is a fraction of the SMS charge some people(like me) get.

FAIL for assuming that everyone has unlimited texting
FAIL for being douchebags(as i noted in my comment)
FAIL for costing me an upcharge of 1.25 that I didn't approve.

OK, they did reply to my comment fairly quickly but FAIL for repeating the instructions on using the STOP text, I already knew that. FAIL for not reimbursing me or crediting me, they do have a promotion going on to do just that for different reasons. Perhaps grubhub is best used for show rooming to see whats in the neighborhood but giving them more business...its like a sweaty reaking of BO and pooh delivery guy bring you food, you just don't want to eat it.

Tip for consumers: dont

kylek25
12/13/14

Told food would arrive in 1 hour. After 90 minutes I called to see where my food was and was told it would be another 20 min. I cancelled the order and got a call from the driver 30 min later (now 80 min late!). She said she was here with my order. Too late!!!

Tip for consumers: Plan on waiting for a long time. Don't trust their estimate.

aaronj9
12/8/14

Spectacular!!! Great customer service!!!
If bad food, they make restaurant refund $.
If late, they give you discounts.
you can pay for child's food in another city.
SO.... BETTER THAN DEALING DIRECTLY W RESTAURANT

SITE IS GREAT:

NAVIGATE BY FOOD TYPE OR DISTANCE OR HRS OPEN

I LOVE THIS SITE ☆☆☆☆☆

lesliec26
12/5/14

The reason this concept doesn't work is because it takes WAY too long to get your food and you still pay a premium for it. I ordered 2 items at 4:50pm that would have taken 10 minutes in the restaurant and it still isn't here and its 6:15pm... I fully expect the food to be cold when it gets here. =/

Tip for consumers: order WAY in advance if you use this service.

tylerw17
12/5/14

Just tried to order from grub hub and selected to use a cash tip option. I got a call from grub hub stating that the only way they would process my order is if I selected the 15% prepaid tip option. In the past when I used the prepaid tip option the orders would be wrong or missing items. So I started doing the cash tip, that way when the order was wrong or incorrect I would tip someone for being incompetent. So they labeled me as a non-tipper and said that they are requiring me to select the 15% pre paid tip option or else they would cancel my order. Forcing me to pay even though the orders are continuously incorrect. This is robbery, since when is a tip mandatory?

Tip for consumers: DONT USE THIS SITE. OVERPRICED AND REQUIRE A TIP OR THEY WILL CANCEL YOUR OFDER.

ellec5
12/2/14

Terrible! I live in the Atlanta Area and have had nothing but problems every time I have attempted to use this service. My food has been consistently late. I will NEVER use this service again.

Their solution is always to give Grub Bucks but that does not solve the systemic problem. I am done. I have tried to give them a fair shot at getting it right by trying a few times but there is just no redemption this time.

I will stick with Mobile Waiters. They may be more expensive for delivery but I have had very few issues.

Bye Bye Grub Hub.

anonymousa27
12/1/14

The restaurant had to call me multiple times to get my order right, I don't know if that was a Grub Hub technical problem with relaying my order or a problem with the restaurant. Also my food was extremely late. I would not recommend this to anyone. It's quicker and cheaper to just get your food yourself. This was such a hassle and the site has a $10 minimum you have to spend which is kind of annoying if you just want to order something small and fast from a sandwich place or something. Not good for quick food, not good if you're on the go or in any sort of hurry or busy, not good if you're extremely hungry. I will never do this again. Not worth the money. I could have bought twice as much food and gotten it in half the time if I had just gone to the restaurant myself.

Tip for consumers: don't.

ruthr8
11/28/14

Just tried to place an order for dinner from a local restaurant who used Grub Hub. Received an order confirmation and payment confirmation, then promptly received an email that the order couldn't be placed with instructions to call Grub Hub Customer Service. They could not clearly explain what happened and then hung up on me without resolving my problem. Watch out for this untrustworthy business

jaredt5
11/26/14

The restaurant was closed and GrubHub was not helpful at all about making it right. I had to wait almost 40 minutes to find out.

rustys12
11/23/14

They are incredibly stingy with coupons and it is impossible to go back and review restuarants at your leisure. If you dont do it when they ask you, the oppurtunity vanishes.

Tip for consumers: Eat24 has better deals but even worse customer service.

anned7
11/16/14

Will never use again. Food took 2.5 hours, arrived 30 minutes after we cancelled the order. Grub Hub refused to give a refund. Grub Hub is dishonest!!

fadit
11/15/14

Not happy. After I ordered my food I was given the wait time of 2 hours.. really? It's 20 min passed the 2 hours and nothing yet. I just never had to wait more then 1 hour for delivery. Not cool. Grubhub, I am out. Deleting the app and moving on.

sarahr53
11/4/14

I just used grub hub for the first time as I was traveling in a new city and was stuck in my hotel room sick. I ordered from a Chinese place and wAs told after I completes the order it would take 1 1/2 hours. That kind of upset me but what was I gonna do. The food actually arrived in 20 minutes, piping hot, friendly delivery man. The food was hit and miss with the sides being above average and the entreat being below, but that was probably just the restaurant/how I ordered. From a convenience standpoint it absolutely solved all my problems so I'm happy and will use this in the future.

derekn7
10/31/14

Ordered and they told me it'd take over two hours. Twenty minutes before my order was supposed to be here they told me that the restaurant is closed and that the order was cancelled. I had to ask THEM if they would refund my order and the woman gave me attitude. Not.worth.it.

jackf36
10/31/14

do not use them to order food waited for the food for awhile call the food place it self and they told me they don't deliver well they never told me that threw the site just said about what time it should be here. ask for a chat on site they never get back stay away from these idiots. call the place your self they only relay your order to them they dont do anything else

vanessaa10
10/30/14

Awesome customer service, terrible experience. It took 2 hours for a grilled cheese to be delivered. A grilled cheese taste like crap after sitting for 2 hours. Don't recommend, pick it up yourself.

Tip for consumers: Unless you order in advance, you'll be waiting up to 2 hours.

fucky12
10/30/14

I live in Kansas city. What is Kansas city famous for?........Barbeque. but you can't get BBQ on Grub hub. You suck

gabbyc1
10/30/14

I ordered my food at 1:14PM. They said it would arrive between 2:15 and 2:25PM. At 3:04 when the order finally arrived I was missing half of the order, the food I received was soggy and the other 1/4 of the order was the wrong item. After I told the driver I was not accepting the order his response was " I don't care, I get paid anyways". BTW I called the restaurant at 1:55, 2:30, and 2:55 to get an update on the order and each time the owner said the driver was 10 mins away and "just left". When I spoke to the restaurant owner and explained that the order was wrong he stated "oh, we don't serve that here". THEN WHY IS IT ON GRUB HUBS MENU??? Never again!

Tip for consumers: Don't order from this site!

chelseae
10/22/14

About 3 weeks ago when I received a phone call at 1:45am from a very upset delivery man, who had an area code to a state at least 3 hours away from me, I dismissed it as a wrong #. Well since then I have received about 20 missed calls/angry voice mails from delivery people stating they are outside waiting with my food. Needless to say, they all have the same area code and all have the same issue. At first I thought someone literally didn't know their own phone # and had been giving mine, until this past weekend. I got a very angry phone call from a grubhub representative looking to speak to me in regards to my missed order and failure to answer the door. Ah ha I thought, here we go, someone has an account and has input my # by mistake, let me just call them and have them remove my number. WRONG. Grubhub refuses to access this persons account and remove MY phone number. They said the best they could do was call this person and ask them to remove my #. They promised the woman said she would edit it. Well she hasn't. Today, she has failed to answer the door for another pizza and I'm getting slack for it. Grubhub is still no help. They say they cannot deactivate her account and need HER permission to remove MY phone #! HELP!!

amyaj
10/20/14

i hate grubhub it took three hours for our food to arrive and this has happened three other times i am tired of this .

Tip for consumers: dont use grubhub

aprils12
10/16/14

Terrible terrible terrible. Took over 2 hours and they were still late. By then food was soggy and just aweful. Customer service tried to blame it on Google maps and us! Then they didn't even bring everything we ordered. Wish we would have read the reviews first. Even with the $10 coupon they gave us for next time I would still not use then.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Does it always take the estimated time for the food to arrive?
1 week ago
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?