US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

erict28

It makes delivery so much easier and they have great customer service! (in 49 reviews)

jonathans49

It took two hours for pizza because the pizzeria didn't get my order until 45 min after I ordered it. (in 139 reviews)

vanessaa10

It took 2 hours for a grilled cheese to be delivered. (in 30 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ryanl34
5/27/15

Don't use GrubHub.

I ordered food after being in a rather severe car accident that left me injured and unable to cook for myself. I received the following:

9:07 PM
Your Order Has Been Canceled
We'll refund your order in full. Stay tuned.
9:03 PM
Oh, Hey. You Called?
Looks like you dialed up our Customer Service at 9:03 PM.
8:00 PM
Your Meal Is in the Works.
It should be delivered between 8:45 PM and 8:55 PM.
7:59 PM
It's All Comin' Together.
The restaurant has your order and is ready to get cookin'.

When the food never showed up, they informed me that, oops, the restaurant cancelled the order. But they never informed me of the same during hours when I could still get food. And then, get this, the woman on the phone told me that I should write a bad review of the restaurant. Rule number one in customer service - when you make an egregious mistake and provide horrible service, do not call up the customer and tell them you did nothing wrong. Also, do not confirm an order that has been cancelled. Unbelievable.

jerryj20
5/27/15

Don't ever use this service as they can't seem to even get the simplest of orders right and then it takes 2 hours to get your food.

seang25
5/24/15

First order was to a fish grill place. I asked for no white sauce, limes and salsa on the side. Instead in the burrito was incredible amounts of white sauce, side of white sauce and no limes. Food took upwards of two hours and was walking distance from my work.
Second occasion I ordered combo 3. Bacon,avocado cheese burger, in the request box I wrote add bbq sauce and lettuce. Two hours later I gota a soggie chicken sandwich soaked in mayo and ranch. Fries were stale and they brought me diet coke rather than Dr Pepper.
Fat America is caused by being to lazy to get your own food. Get off your ass and it'll be done right

bjc1
5/24/15

grubhub use to be a great site now they are always haveing mistakes. last order they charger me 27 dollars for the order but store never got the order and they tell me to call the store on the phone.

amandac60
5/23/15

We placed our order around 8am while on vacation. It's now 10 and my family is still setting here starving to death. Save yourself the trouble, order pizza or go get something. I wish it had a negative rating to give!

seanw39
5/19/15

grubhub is terrible, said itd be an hour, its been 2 hours food still not here. stay away from them! order directly from a restuarant you know or another site. they are just terrible.

tracih9
5/16/15

I have used this service several times and yes, there have been a couple of occasions where I was not completely satisfied but upon contacting the hub grub directly they where on it immediately and there was a resolution.

sonias28
5/16/15

DO NOT GO TO THEM. I ORDED FROM THEM THEN THE NEXT DAY I HAD 6 DIFFERENT TRANSACTIONS OF 1 DOLLAR THEN ANDOTHER TRANSACTION OR 23.05 MY INITIAL PAYMENT WAS ONLY SUPPOSE TO BE 29 DOLLARS AND WHEN I CALLED THE GRUB HIB CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY SAID COMPLETE BULL $#*! AND TRIED TO BLAME IT ON ME. NEEDLESS TO THE DISPUTE PROCESS PISSED ME OFF!!!!

hannahc19
5/10/15

I have been ordering from GrubHub for over 4 years. Awesome service at the time. Took a break from delivery and since they joined with Seamless the quality of the service has dropped dramatically. I had to call 5+ times to hold someone accountable for food that was over 2 hours late. No apology, no nothing. Just "it's Mothers Day" as an excuse. The absolute worst. Then they give me a $10 grub coupon like I could ever want to order from them. The reason why I would use GrubHub was that, they would hold restaurants accountable for their actions. That's changed and they lost my business forever.

finnr2
5/10/15

1st order not delivered, called 2 hours after delivery window and said they were out of both items ordered.

2nd order not delivered, called 1 hour after delivery window and said that the restaurant is closed.

I was dumb to use them the second time. My bad.

grubh
5/9/15

First time I used them. Also the last. Driver was a jerk. Spilled food all over the bag. Total waste of money.

melissae15
5/6/15

I ordered my food at 5:39 pm, after I submitted payment and got my confirmation it showed it would be delivered between 7:20-7:30 pm. Then a few minutes later I received an email that it would be delivered sooner (6:50 pm). WRONG! I called at 7:20 and the gal told me that the driver would be there in 10-12 mins, when I asked why it was taking so long she said that they were low on drivers then tried to blame the restaurant that they were busy. It's Wednesday night, really? I did get a 50% refund. Then when my food arrived, not only was the food cold, my drinks were hot (like they had been sitting in a car in the 80 degree Texas heat), but the order was incomplete. So I get online to chat with customer service and the delivery service only approved them to refund part of my order, they are not authorized to refund all of it. She did send me a coupon for $10 on my next order. Why in the world would I want to order from you again? BS, I'm now contacting the delivery company and stopping payment on my credit card. This is the worst, do not ever use Grub Hub. I even point blank told them that if the 3rd party delivery service is causing these types of issues, it reflects upon their business. You might want to rethink this if you plan to make money.

chrisf67
4/30/15

I will never use this site again. It took 2 hours for the place to even recieve my order. Plus they sent in the wrong order. This is the worst site I have ever used and if you want a pleasant experience I would choose another way of ordering your food

jeffreyg19
4/26/15

After reading all the terrible reviews I thought I might never see my dinner, however my order came 30 minutes earlier than the ETA. Pleasantly surprised. This was in Orange County, CA.

steviey
4/24/15

I tried ordering from grub hub and it sent my food to the wrong address. Thrice. This is unacceptable and it feels like they are playing with my money. Their delivery system is flawed an should still be in beta. If you are a customer and feel wronged by them, please join me in boycotting them.

Tip for consumers: PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE. YOU ARE BETTER OFF CALLING THE RESTAURANT THEMSELVES.

emiliar2
4/23/15

Just to add to the other reviews I should have read before using this horrible delivery service. Over 2 hours later and no food!! Been on hold for over 20 minutes and chatting with their customer service with no resolution

ck54
4/22/15

they lie about delivery time, tell the same stories when your food is late and never refund your cold meals. grub hub sucks. bad.

judahr
4/21/15

This a terrible food delivery service. They should be banned in every state across the United States. I have used this app about 10 times and 3 of the times I never even got my food! What kind of crap is that? Besides this, they have never once been on time! I would steer clear of this shady business if I were any of you considering using this place to deliver food.

maryb166
4/15/15

Long story short:
We ordered and after 2 hours, didn't receive a call; we called Sarpinos, they kept us on hold for 20 min, and then claimed they didn't reveive our order. Don't order here, I promise you it's not worth your time.

sarahg64
4/9/15

You guys won't let me change my address so I'm never using this website again it always is a hassle

anh-kimn
4/5/15

It seems that either Grubhub, or the restaurants themselves, source their delivery services out to a third-party company in this area and it is NOT working out in their favor lol. They need to find another delivery service or drastically change something with their business model because this is not the first time my food has arrived late unfortunately. If you look at all of the other Grubhub reviews on this site then they can attest to this (I'm glad I'm not the only one)!

I ordered food at 6:03pm tonight. Immediately received an email letting me know that my food would not arrive until 7:00-7:10pm. Seemed normal.

7:15 rolls around, I get worried and there haven't been any new updates through text on my phone or through email. So I log back in to the Grubhub site to find the following status on my order, "Delivery Time 7:46 PMish"... LOL yes, that's right, they actually said "PMish." I should have known that was going to be a bad sign LOL.

SO, 8:45PM rolls around and still no word. I end up sending an email to Grubhub to cancel my order. I end up ordering pizza at 8:45, which ends up getting to my house in less than half an hour...

peedeeg
4/5/15

i called grubhub for food at 1135 and told the food is going to be delivered by 1235. morever my credit card was charged. after it did not arrive by 135 i tried calling the restaurant multiple times ..... then i called grubhub and finally got to them at 235.... and they told me oh yeah.... restaurant is closed. plwase be grateful we are refunding your money bacvk and have 2 dollars on us. wow....... lady has no clue what sorry or customer service means.... when i asked i would like to speak to a superior i am still on hold for another 19 mins and counting...... i used to use them for last 2 months and if that is their attitude for loyal customers wonder what is going to happen to new customers..... i will never use them again...... and willl spread the message to never use them again. more to come on fb.

elvisb19
4/3/15

We ordered at 8:00 pm and it is now 9:54 pm and no food yet. We just called the restaurant and according to them, they received the order but didn't 'confirm' it. Who really knows what went wrong. The moral to this story is don't use GrubHub. I didn't like the way the restaurant handled it either. I would give this app zero stars if that were an option because right now I have zero food.

richardb143
3/28/15

Web site was easy to use -- placed my order and got a prompt e-mail promising that my food would arrive in 60 - 70 minutes.

Two hours later it still hadn't arrived. The web site has a feature to allow one to check on the status of the order -- the status was that my food 'should have arrived.' It directed me to call the restaurant directly and gave me a number. The number was to a local delivery service called CinciBites. I called them and they said I had to call GrubHub directly, which I did. I was on hold over ten minutes on their customer service line. When an associate finally answered, she checked with my restaurant and told me that my order had been canceled because there is no driver. The associate said the restaurant either texted or e-mailed me. That makes no sense, since it was GrubHub that charged my credit card. So, obviously, if the restaurant canceled the order they would have called GrubHub and told them 'don't charge his card.' I think the GrubHub associate who helped me was lying.

bonniel23
3/26/15

It use to be convenient and a great instant experience until i had an issue. My debit card was charged twice for one order and the guy on the phone suggested it was an authorization charge. Thats funny Because the authorization charge is only a dollar. In the same moment, $23 went through and They were very persistent in saying that they did not see two charges on their end. I waited about five minutes hold five minutes hold. It was a very unprofessional experience. I order from them all the time never had a problem until today, they are incapable of handling problems. I would like to be credited the $23 and now I'll never use your site again because your marketing is very different from your staff. Thanks a lot

jessicar40
3/24/15

Placed an order for Chinese, was informed it would take about 60 minutes. Restaurant called 60 minutes later asking me questions on my order, which was pretty basic. Said they hadn't even started the order yet. Told them to cancel it. Was still charged. Was just showing up as an authorization on my card, so wasn't to worried about it. Contacted GrubHub the day it went from authorization to charge - 2 days later. Was informed that because the order was "so long ago" there was nothing they could do. Finally consented to giving me free grubhub money for a future order...a whopping $10 on a $30 order! Never using grubhub again, and disputing it with my bank.

Tip for consumers: NOT WORTH IT!!! CALL THE RESTAURANT DIRECTLY. GRUBHUB WILL SCREW YOU OVER THE FIRST CHANGE THEY GET!

meredithb4
3/18/15

We just did our first order with GrubHub. We ordered food at 7:20pm from a restaurant through GrubHub. At 8:30pm, Grubhub called us to let us know that the restaurant was closed, and that we would not get our food. We could not understand why 1) that restaurant was on the list of GrubHub restaurants, and that they were not aware that this restaurant was no longer open and 2) why it took them over 1 hour after we ordered our food to let us know that it was closed. Poor service- we will not use GrubHub again.

jessem49
3/15/15

I ordered through grub hub one time. Took 2 hours for my food to show up. I was on chat with grub hub trying to cancel my order when the food finally showed up. I was told by the rep she was going to apply a credit to my account. That never happened. I will not order from grub hub again. I would rather just throw a frozen pizza in the oven. It won't be good, but at least I know when I'll get it.

Tip for consumers: Order way in advance. Don't expect service reps to know anything about your order. They will have to call you back.

rachelb44
3/14/15

Ordered sushi from sushi Tom in Weston, fl. Order came incorrect and late. The grub hub driver took the order back, called to tell me the restaurant was closed, and didn't bring the incorrect order back to my house. After I called, the driver showed up half an hour later with one sushi roll missing (which was there when he tried to deliver it before).

ugk
3/7/15

I got a promo code for $7 off for first time user. But it didn't work. Talked with a customer service person for 30 mins but was not helpful at all. Total waste of time and this seems to be a total scam. Do not order from this site!

Tip for consumers: Do not order from this site!

florecitaf
3/7/15

Try to get in contact to stop payment on food it never arrived no answer, call restaurant , call gubhub no answer! Just go back to use a phone call to order good

mandyd7
3/5/15

Just ordered from feasta- my fav Italian place- food was piping hot and soooooo yummy- thx grub hub and feasta pizza schoenersville rd Bethlehem pa!!
Amat
Amanda Paige Duffy

deec26
3/5/15

Received call from GrubHub about my food being so late. Said she would waive delivery fee. Concerned food would be cold she said to call back and they would do something. Food was to be here 6:15-6:25pm. It arrived at 6:56pm ICE COLD AGAIN. called GrubHub again and got another run around. Talked to different person who said she'd refund delivery fee. I want refund because I can eat cold food. She "Called restaurant" to see if they would authorize refund. Guess what....no refund. Enjoy cold food! This service is not worth a second of your time. Food is always cold. No customer service at all. Screws customer every time. I'm so glad I'm going back home tomorrow be cause there is NO GRUBHUB where I live. Save yourself the aggravation -- do not use this service!!

cassidyf1
3/2/15

I ordered from grub hub and my order ended up being cancelled due to weather. I was told to call grub hub and let them know what had happened to receive my refund of $25. Two weeks later and I STILL do not have my refund. I've called 3 times now and they keep insisting to talk with my bank. I am a member of Chase bank which is a very reliable bank. I know they're just trying to scam me and throw me for a loop and I will NEVER use grub hub again in my life, that's a promise.

suej21
3/2/15

We are a restaurant partner with Grub Hub and I can say for sure they have THE worst customer service when it comes to the partners that have their restaurants on their sites. Most emails to account reps are returned as invalid. The reps rarely answer their calls.It is very hard to get some one to fix an error they create on your restaurant site. When we call 877-799-0790 them to fix any issue the hold time is at least 45 mins to an hour, so I think, because I always hang up after that time or if they answer, the call gets dropped. Would NOT recommend this site to any restaurant looking to promote with them.

Tip for consumers: Do not recommend

alexb95
3/1/15

never got my order

cynthiat3
3/1/15

I ordered via online order, paid online etc. Kept getting email updates then 93 mins after I order I call the restaurant and they say the never got the order, I call GrubHub to be told the pizza palace never confirmed, well why the hell did u a) still take the money from my account if my order had not been confirmed and B) be told it will take days to be refunded my money if I cancel, I have them call to confirm order, ten mins later I call and be told it will be here in an hour as GrubHub calls and says they told them they were closing and not accepting my order, but they were supposed to be open another 2 plus hours. Now I'm stuck with no food and days before I get a refund

cameronm28
2/28/15

This was the scariest experience I have had in my life! We called GrubHub before and gave them our information but then decided not to order. Well I guess we forgot about that... We called again tonight and we started to tell them our name and before we gave them the first 3 letters they knew our name, number, and address. Well the person on the phone decided he wanted to play a joke on us so he said "I know that because i am standing outside your house right now". Well that scared me because the only people who are home are under 13 years old. He also asked for the security number on my credit card which I don't think is supposed to happen. Also it took 1 hour and 30 minutes to deliver my food

melissas55
2/27/15

I enjoy the food but when I pay for it I expect to get what I ordered 2 times now they $#*!ed up my order and the driver told me I had to give him a tip bite that you don't ask for what you may or may not get and its rude

jonathans49
2/23/15

It took two hours for pizza because the pizzeria didn't get my order until 45 min after I ordered it. I'll never use them again.

shelim
2/22/15

My daughter in Virginia was very ill, so I was looking for local food delivery for her and ran across GrubHub. I live in Florida. The website was very user friendly and made finding a restaurant in her area that delivered a breeze. I ordered online, included the tip in the credit card payment and was done in three minutes. I am a bit of a worry wart since I had never used the site before, so I called the restaurant to confirm the delivery time and the food was already on its way! I think this is an excellent service and I gained big mom points with my daughter. Thanks GrubHub!

zoranllyg
2/21/15

I used the website they took the money out of my card and sent me a confirmation number. Then they send me an email saying that my order was cancelled because the restaurant never took my order and that my money was going to be posted back on my account. I looked at my account it wasn't there i contacted my Bank and according to them the transation was prosessed and never cancelled. I called customer service and all I got was a wait until your bank figures it out because we cancelled and I cant do anything else for you. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD I USE THIS WEBSITE IF THEY CANT EVEN HELP WHEN THEY MESS UP? THE RESTAURANTS ARE MUCH MORE HELPFUL DIRECTLY AND ATLEAST YOU KNOW WHERE YOURE MONEY IS GOING!

dfsdfd
2/17/15

worst company ever. never delivered food. STILL charged me. STAY AWAY

Tip for consumers: turn off your computer and go outside to get food, because grubhub will never deliver any. they're sure good at charging your credit card, but not good at actually getting that food to you, ever.

davidm245
2/16/15

Ordered online 8:30 pm, charged my credit card, promised 9:30 - 9:45 pm delivery arrival. 10pm No delivery, called 877 number, put on hold for about 5 minutes. Told they have to call to find out, they call back saying food can't be delivered since the place where I ordered food from doesn't have a driver or whatever.... lame, lame, lame. We had to out and rush and get frozen food. This service is AWFUL do not patronize and let it go out of business quickly!

taylork14
2/16/15

Came across their site on my phone whole trying to order some take out for my boyfriend and I. Type in my city and state and get an option for Chinese that's only 4 miles away. Accept, place the order pay online with my card .. only to find that this place we ordered from is in CO! I'm in MN! Why would this even show up as an option? I clearly entered my city and state. I've now been on hold for over 20 minutes unable to get through to anyone in their customer service to cancel this before I get charged for something I obviously can't pick up. I tried to call the restraunt to rectify it there but I've tried twice and no one that picks up the phone speaks English or even answers to "hello". What a sham. Thanks to a lack of information I will probably be out $30.

liyahj
2/16/15

This website is garbage i order two times through them and got the same results then they lie to me saying that their delivery car is having problems after i just got off the phone with the restaurant and they said grub hub never even called in my order after 2 hours of waiting then they call me and said they canceled my order this stupid company is a joke and i recommend never ordering through them i recommend Zooted they are amazing and way better

pawant1
2/15/15

Placed an order with them today. Waited for 2 hours for food to arrive and then got in touch with their customer service. And then I get informed that the order has been misplaced and they will cancel the order and give me a $10 GrubHub credit (along with some instructions on how to use it). What they forgot to realize is that a hungry man doesn't give a rat's ass about your $10 worth of credit. Pathetic.

peterg63
2/15/15

Worst idea ever. 3 hours so far and no food. Sushi wtf. The Site made me pick a star. Actually I give it a minus 3 stars

naomiw2
2/15/15

To begin, I ordered a $2.49 2 Liter of Dr. Pepper, a create your own pizza which was supposed to have just one topping of bacon on it, large fries and Tiramisu. Now I realize that GrubHub does not make the food, however, i'm paying them to make sure that what I ordered is what's delivered. After receiving a call from the driver because he wasn't certain of my location, I watched him drive in circles for 20 minutes before reaching out to me again. By then even though I told him multiple times turn now, he still was so focused on a landmark that he couldn't actually hear me say, "Turn Now". When he arrived he handed me a bag of food and proceeded to get in his vehicle. I then asked if I was going to receive my drink that I ordered. He surprisingly said yes and proceeded to hand me a bag of 4 can's of Dr. Pepper. 4 x 12 = 48. However, a 2 Liter holds 68 ounces. So I paid for 20 ounces more than what I received. And of coarse my Tiramisu was instead cheesecake. The worst part was my pizza was cold and did not have a single piece of bacon on it. I paid for a lot of things I didn't get and I waited for almost 2 hours to get it. That was officially my first and absolutely my last time ever using GrubHub. I will not recommend to anyone. Unreal, but I guess it's cheap for a reason and even so it's still too expensive.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

nicolep28
2/14/15

Absolutely horrible service. I ordered only to find out that, once I hit confirm, the food would take 1 hour and 45 min to arrive. It actually took 2 hours and 15 min for it to come. I called Grub Hub only to be put on hold for "10+" minutes. No way of finding out where the food was. It finally came. Pizza was ice cold and they didn't have the soda we ordered. I WILL NEVER USE GRUB HUB AGAIN.

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Does it always take the estimated time for the food to arrive?
Answer
deec26
A: I've never had food delivered in the estimated time. It always takes much longer. Once in a while, I would get a call advising me of the delay but it still didn't arrive in the estimated time. I've given up using GrubHub at all. Best advice is to call the restaurant directly.
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: How do I add a review?
2 weeks ago
Answer
anthonya35
A: Click on "write review" at the top.
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

GrubHub?