US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

janaiw

Grubhub is unorganized, unreliable and they have poor customer service. (in 100 reviews)

chansea

I placed an order at 5:30 and it said it'd be here at 6:54. (in 314 reviews)

mans19

I got the food I ordered 15 mins before the estimated delivery time. (in 236 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

javierm24
4/29/16

This company can't even get their website to charge properly. The customer service forget about it. STAY AWAY FROM GRUBHUB

michelles169
4/24/16

I got my order late, with a wrong item and food was cold and all over the place in the boxes so I couldn't even eat it. Contacted customer service and they were no help, they don't care about helping so I threw away money. Never using this again. Worst service I have ever gotten, even with the person who delivered, he was mad because the gate wasn't open. 0 stars for this

jeffc100
4/23/16

Made a order but never got the 10 $discount

victoriam66
4/22/16

They say one price then they keep on tacking on prices, I ordered food and it said final cost was $19.74, then once I paid and the receipt came it went up to $21.11. Never ordering from here again.

jb204
4/19/16

3 times ordering, Grubhub gave drivers(according to the 3 different drivers) the wrong address all 3 times, even after I called to make sure they had a note for the correct address after the initial address mishap(which no other delivery driver from any other service has ever experienced when delivering something to us, just Grubhub.) Also, wrong orders, all three times, missing many entrees, ending in my expense. Seriously, nobody in your party who is hungry wants to wait another 1 1/2 hours for the next wrong entree to show up. This service is a complete train wreck, a total joke. I am done, never again, never ever. I love Veggie Grill. I am so sad they have partnered with this incompetent service. Consider yourself warned.

wilmad7
4/15/16

Twice we have ordered from grub hub and received items missing from our order despite being charged for them. Will not be using this service agai

carolynb53
4/15/16

Signed up yesterday, 3 pages of restaurants to choose from; went to order tonight and only TWELVE to choose from!! 5 of them had horrible reviews. Tried Chat help and your guy was very unhelpful.

Will never use GrubHub!!! DoorStep got the order and a nice tip.

nataliem47
4/14/16

2 hour wait time for 2 Stromboli's from a place less than a mile away. Not only did I tip $4 for $20 worth of food I had to order to meet a false delivery minimum, but grubhub charged me an additional $5 to place the order. Pizza Plus never updated the order status and we were surprised when they did finally show up because I specifically used the special directions area to let them know to call my cell when they got to my apartment building. Apparently they can get into my secured building with no problem which I'm uneasy with. Total $#*!ing scam!

cherryd3
4/11/16

I just received my first order, I dont have any complaints. Overall from the time I ordered -it took about 25 min to get here. I live in the valley in CA, so that is pretty good time wise.

traceeg
4/10/16

I've had many run-in's with this company and would not recommend ordering from them, ever. So, why keep ordering from them, you ask? Well, because I'm a busy woman... and I keep hoping they'll fix the issues like they assure me they will. It has been my experience, in the past, that their site sucks, big time. There's a place to put special requests like "dressing on the side" or "please substitute blueberry pancakes for regular pancakes" or even, "please send enough syrup for everybody's meals!" Yes, I got one small container of syrup to split between two breakfast meals containing 5 pancakes, and a waffle. Not good. I'm not sure why they even have the spots to request stuff like that, when nobody ever reads it and so, they never fulfill those requests on your order. Today, I ordered from a sort of fast-food Mexican restaurant. I ordered a burrito and a fish taco. I was hoping to get my taco eaten before I have to leave for work, and to take the burrito to work with me tonight because the cafeteria at work isn't open at night. When I placed the order, the delivery time was about an hour wait which was fine. That seems to be the norm on this site. An hour later, I went to see where my food was via the "track your order" part of the site, only to find that the food will not be delivered for almost another hour.

Update... just got the food... only about 20 minutes late, but it's all soggy and cold. Seriously.. cold to the touch..What they need to do, is have a better set-up with the restaurant so the food doesn't sit for an hour.. This food was prepared at 4:15.. and delivered at 5:20. unacceptable..... Ever eat a cold fish taco? Yeah...

stacies6
4/8/16

ETA was two hours, perfect... an hour after the ETA and still waiting for the food. Won't be going through grubhub again

edc36
4/5/16

My best friend's wife is in the hospital recovering from chemo, and he works a physical job early in the morning and spends the evening and late night with his wife. Like many other groups of friends and family members, we encouraged meals to be delivered to the kids, so their parents can be relieved of this responsibility and heal physically and emotionally. The family's home is hours away, so dropping food off each night is difficult.

Unfortunately, I encouraged GrubHub:(. The first time the order made it to the kids, but it took 2 1/2 hours which seems to be normal. The second time I ordered food from the same restaurant through GrubHub at 6:52pm which was scheduled to arrive at 9:15pm but never did. The kids called me at 9:45pm and made me aware that the food didn't arrive. Now 10:00pm, I called the 24 hour number of GrubHub and didn't get much help. The agent couldn't see where the order was since they were working through a third party. The supervisor got on the line and didn't do much more. They tried calling the 3rd party delivery service and said no one was answering. After being on hold for 20 minutes, they told me there was nothing they could do. The supervisor said they would call the next day to find out what they could do.

Meanwhile, 3 kids were at home with no parents and no food. I explained the situation to the GrubHub support staff who were anything but supportive. They WERE happy to let me know that they could reimburse me the money once it was confirmed that the food was indeed not delivered and gave me a $25 credit for my next order. I asked what they were doing to help feed the three kids, but they had no answer.

As I predicted, the next day no one from GrubHub initiated a phone call to the third party. I had to call to prompt them to call the other provider, so I can get my money back.

Don't worry. The kids didn't starve, and the world didn't end. What bothers me is the lack of any empathy for this situation. It was my responsibility to help my friends through a difficult time, and I failed. I trusted GrubHub to do their job by making sure the restaurant and a third party delivery service did their jobs to make sure the kids got fed. If they can't facilitate the food being delivered, how is GrubHub a reliable provider.

Let me know if you want a $25 credit. My bad for choosing GrubHub. NEVER AGAIN!!!

hateg
4/5/16

I JUST MOVED AND WANTED DELIVERY TO MY NEW PLACE, THE ORDER WAS LATE, COLD AND DID NOT HAVE ALL THE ITEMS. I WAS TOLD I WOULD RECEIVE A REFUND, WAS SENT AN EMAIL! YET NO REFUND IN MY BANK.

TWO DAYS LATER I GET A CALL FROM SECURITY STATING THAT MY DEBIT CARD WAS BEING USED AND BASICALLY THE PHOTO I TOOK WITH THE AP ALLOWED SOMEONE IN CANADA TO USE MY DEBIT CARD.

GRUBHUB CUSTOMER SERVICE - JERRY! AFTER TELLING THIS IDIOT THAT MY CARD WAS USED AND STOLEN FROM THE AP HE PROCEEDED TO NOT BE HELPFUL AND MADE ME EVEN MORE UPSET, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I HATE GRUBHUB!

danaa16
4/2/16

I went onto the Grub Hub website and a pop-up ad offered $7 off for first time users. I went to place an order and the $7 off wasn't applied. I contacted Customer Service online and asked if they could send me the promo code. After waiting 10 minutes for a response, I was told they aren't running any promos, but to watch Facebook for promos in the future. What B/S, clear bait and switch. My first experience with Grub Hub is my last.

davet61
4/1/16

The service is terrible because the drivers are sent phone notifications, then they must drop whatever they are doing to go to multiple restaurants and then make multiple deliveries. A smart person would automatically know that by law food is allowed a total of 2 hrs before being deemed unsafe, grub hub is a bust! i filled out tha app to become a driver but after the math declined because as a driver I would earn less than minimum wage

coryb24
4/1/16

my wife tried to order me lunch and grubhub failed. this the 3rd time grubhub has failed to deliver on-time, if at all. this time the order was placed just to wait thru my entire lunch to find out they don't offer food from the restaurant that was listed on their website. I would not recommend grubhub to anyone, EVER. PATHETIC

Tip for consumers: DONT DO IT

laural97
3/31/16

Worst delivery service EVER! I've tried ordering multiple times over the past two years from various restaurants, and EVERY SINGLE TIME the order is either wrong and/or it takes 2-3 hours to get there. Ridiculous! When I have called to complain, they are rude and never offer to discount anything, replace anything, or make up for their mistakes. They are terrible. I tried them again last week because I had a coupon. Mistake. Our pizza took almost 3 hours from a place 5 minutes away. My kids were starving since we finally ate at 9:30! I will NEVER order from them again.

ns47
3/30/16

Placed an order at 11:45, got a message it wouldn't be ready till 3:30. Called and spoke to customer service to cancel order and was told no it will be ready and delivered at 12:30. Along comes 12:30 and no food. Called the restaurant and food is ready they are just waiting on the driver from Grubhub. Finally I get a call from the driver at 1:29 that he just got the food but his navigation app was not working so he could not find where to go sorry he is late. I don't want food that was sitting for over an hour, never mind. Called customer service back and they said oh well they can't do anything about it they show the food was ready at 1:29. I told them yeah that is when the driver picked it up but the food was ready at 12:30 and my lunch is long over now. They can't help or even give me a refund. DO NOT USE THEM THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF>

bryantb16
3/28/16

This has to be the slowest "delivery" service around.

jacquelineh27
3/28/16

GrubHub takes forever to deliver your food because you are last on their many delivery. Ordered from pizza hut which is a 10 min drive, and it took an hour to get here. On top of that it was the wrong order and it was cold. Had to go back to pizza my heart and exchange it.

nassera7
3/27/16

I ordered from grubhub around 80 times zero problem great restaurant list. I don't know why people complain about it but maybe it depends on the state you live in.

raceb
3/25/16

GrubHub is terrible placed an order more than an hour ago, they charged my credit card immediately, the restaurant did not get the order, called customer service and waited 35 minutes for someone to answer, they were not helpful at all asked for a manager and back on hold for 30 minutes!!!!!

TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

monicab47
3/25/16

Order was never received by the restauraunt yet my account was charged and no one was able to help me via their "24/7 chat" and after calling their 1-800 number 20 times with only a busy signal, I was out 22 dollars and no dinner. NEVER EVER USING GRUB HUB AGAIN.

stevef86
3/25/16

Ive had 2 orders not fulfilled out of Grubhub, they just ate my $#*!ing money. Up-right, never delivered their food nor have I gotten any sort of compensation. Don't use grubhub, use a real business for your food transactions.

cgb2
3/20/16

Tried them once...horrible service. Dumb enough to try again...waited two hours for our food to be delivered only to receive a text message stating they cancelled our order due to the restaurant being closed. We ordered before 7pm. The place didn't technically close until 9pm....we ordered our food a full two hours before they even closed. Waited two hours for food that never came. I would stay far far away. They suck and their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. Do yourself a favor and do NOT use this company. We will never use them again and will make sure to spread the word to family and friends.

jessicaf41
3/17/16

All I can say is save your money. Never use this company. They lie about saying they tried to call you. Your refund will take 3-5 business days. Worst customer service. All they know how to say is I'm so sorry. If they were sorry they would fix how things are run. But in reality, they do not care and just want your money.

tracyl48
3/16/16

I placed an order from a place half mile from my apt. Could not pick up myself cause I had an injury. Placed the order at 4:44, it was picked up at 5:18. 5:41 and I still don't have my food. Tracking it and the car just keeps driving further and further away. The driver has called me 2x to say it will be arriving later than the scheduled time is showing on the website. This is a freaking joke of a business!!! I should've just had uber take me and had the driver run in and get it.

uriahw
3/16/16

Grubhub and Seamless are the same company. I use the site to look at menus but never order through them. Each item you order through Grubhub or Seamless can cost you an extra $1-$3. After looking at menu, I call the restaurant with my order. It took me a few orders before realizing this. I first call the restaurant with a question then proceeded to order while on the line. My food bill was much cheaper ordering the exact same items. Then did some research and notice on every restaurant, the menu not on Grubhub and menu from Grubhub price don't match. free delivery, yeah right. only when you call the restaurant directly.

rahulc11
3/15/16

I ordered food late in the night like 12:00am. The food never showed up and I ended up waiting for 2 hours and passed out. When I called the customer service next day I was telling them that this happened couple of times and it's annoying, the rep asked if there is anything else I would need help with. She just cut me off and didn't even let me finish.

Never using them again!!!

jamesm408
3/13/16

I once made an order with grubub and the food was never even made. When I requested a refund, grubhub stated they could not without the restaurants approval. I will never be working with grubhub again, they do not support their customers.

kayc54
3/10/16

I used Grubhub to place my order at six, and at 845 called the restraint. They charged my account $30 and never even sent the order to the people they needed to for our good to get made. They close at 9 and a refund still has not been issued.

stefanie65
3/9/16

Bummed to order food for the convenience purposes, and expect it to meet the 55 minute expectation. When I get a text saying it will take 90+ minutes for my food with no way to cancel, that's ridiculous. Plus- I can't leave a review on the website. Frustrating to say the least.

jeffh112
3/9/16

GrubHub came 2 hours late with my meal, that they didn't even get right and trashed on the way to my house. I thought they would be a little sincere considering how late they were, but instead the delivery woman was rude and inconsiderate. I will never use GrubHub again and avoid the inconvenience by getting my meal myself.

christopherl44
3/7/16

I ordered for the 4th time with Grubhub tonight. I got a restaurant that was Chinese. ChinaOne in Hollywood, FL. The food was INEDIBLE! Grubhub called them and they refused to refund. The food was the worst I have ever had, don't order from ChinaOne in Hollywood Fl. Grubhub said that the company would not refund. And as such, if they delivered me food, even if inedible, they gave me what I ordered! I threw 95% away as I at 1 Chicken on a stick, Salty and gross, and about 3 bites of General Tso's chicken, tasted strange and not like ANY other Chinese I have eaten anywhere else in the US.

Again, Grubhub said "if you received your food, it is the restaurant's decision whether or not to give you a refund." Of course they don't want to refund. Grubhub is who charges the CC, if the food is inedible, they should refund.

DON"T order through Grubhub! You will get $hit food and since you got it, oh well.

mollaryk
3/6/16

This service WAS fast and useful. It has drastically fallen in my mind. I've used this for 4-5 years but my girlfriend, brothers, and friends of mine are finished with this company. DO NOT USE!! Your food will show up... But LATE, COLD, and SOGGY. This past weekend we had bad service on Friday, they were helpful-ish and gave us money back, so we tried again Saturday night to see if they cared and if they fixed the issue... Worse. Food came even later and I had to walk outside in my PJs to retrieve it due to the driver's poor navigation skills. Just go get your own food. It's worth the time and the savings. Massive

borisp14
3/5/16

Grubhub will not deliver in our neighborhood, which has dozens of restaurants within a one mile radius. Two other delivery services have plenty of choices. 100% fail on this joke of a business.

matte243
3/4/16

And I had to spend 30 minutes in live chat to cancel the order. An absolute debacle.

tp28
3/4/16

Don't even bother, the restaurant over charges ie medium pizza, small antipasto salad and 8 chicken wings $43.00 + tip...pizza cold, not even cooked! Guido's, Pacoima, CA. Totally sucked!! This has happened with other restaurants, didn't learn...

marilynj8
3/3/16

I tried grub hub for the first time. This is the worse delivery service! After thirty minutes, we watched the driver drive past our house. Thirty minutes after that, I get a notice that my order was delivered - we never got it! I called customer service, was on hold for fifteen minutes only to find out that the driver said he walked up to the front door, rang the doorbell and was told I didn't live there. He went to the wrong house! He said he came to my house. Impossible! My husband was waiting outside. We were tracking the drivers progress. Then I'm told that the food was returned to the restaurant. Unbelievable. I will never use grubhub again.

jessiek19
3/3/16

Me and my friend got food and never got dilevered with in 2 hrs after I food was suppose to be there. A lady on the phone said she refunded our money and never did have been working on getting our our money back for a few days now

melissab96
3/1/16

There was mold in my mash potatoes .. And im quizzy real talk i tried leaving feedback on grb hub but its hard please save your life you only have one

angiem22
2/26/16

4 out of 5 times we've ordered from GrubHub, our food has been delayed (or forgotten entirely). And not delayed by only 10 minutes, but like by 30-45 minutes. Today we ordered for five people and it's already 40 minutes overdue. Just called to find out that it will be another 15 minutes, so close to an hour late. WE WILL NOT order from them again. Not dependable. Don't waste your time. Order from another service.

juneb48
2/21/16

After cold food and an incomplete order and after waiting 30,minutes to speak with a "human" we were told we would not get a full refund. This company and customer service is just terrible. I will be surprised if they remain in business.

shawnh38
2/18/16

The shame on you shame on me phrase fits with this company. Tried multiple times and had only 1 out if 12 times be worth the wait. Expensive and is slow. Get up off your... and go and get it yourself. The worst thing is traffic or... Don't waste your time or money.

denisec59
2/15/16

As Grubhub has grown they're service has gotten worse. Due to my job, I often used Grubhub about 3x a week since they arrived in Seattle. The larger they've gotten the worse the service. In the last six months I've had problems with not all my order arriving, having it take over an hour and a half to arrive, and it not arriving at all. Each time they apologize and tell me they are sending me a $10 food coupon online. They never do. Tonight was the final straw. They told me my food was on the way, then extended the delivery time, then when an hour and a half had gone by and I called they first informed me it had been delivered then informed me the order had been cancelled. They promise they will refund my money but I am not holding my breath. There are now so many other food delivery services out there that I will be changing my delivery service. I'm done waiting for them to work out the kinks in their system.

lenoren2
2/15/16

If you want to wait for hours for your food - than not arrive - than spend 20 minutes trying to get thru to the company call center in Texas with a call center not in communication with the locale you are in and than have the live manager call you after requesting him 15 minutes later and than have him hang up twice because his phone set isn't working properly.
Worse run delivery service .
I cant even reach them to get my refund.

alexm180
2/14/16

The driver for my food marked my order complete 16 minutes before it arrived to me. It took 37 minutes for the driver to leave the restaurant and get to me and the restaurant is 1 mile away.

Customer service backed up the driver even though a simple check on the driver GPS, which even I could see, would have shown the driver lied. $67 order worth of seafood was almost all ruined and they issued me a $10 refund after I waited almost an hour to talk to the online chat and the representative rudely disconnected the chat instead of trying to resolve what happened. This whole company is a joke.

kaitlynk2
2/14/16

This app sucks ass! They charged me for food I didn't even buy, so $#*! them!!! DO NOT use this app or website and DO NOT save your credit card info!!!

johnh454
2/14/16

They have come a long way from the way they used to operate, which was unreliable. They now operate as garbage. Cold food, even when advertised as close enough to deliver hot. Rude delivery drivers. Over priced, and you still need to tip. If you don't tip 20%, then expect your food in three hours instead of two. Oh yeah, and if the store is closed, they will charge you and say the restaurant got your order and it never comes. I have given this restaurant more than a few tries. You get no more chances from me.

Tip for consumers: I'm all about convenience and I'm willing to pay extra, but there is nothing convenient about paying too much and waiting forever. I could have walked there faster than they delivered it, seriously. Don't say I didn't tell you so.....oh and if you order soda, they conveniently forget it 3 out of 5 times.

maryp115
2/14/16

I have been a longtime GrubHub customer. Up until recently, I have been a happy customer. Today's customer service experience was so all-around terrible, that I can only do it justice with a full play-by-play. So here goes:

I order pho, a smoothie, gingerale, and a kale salad from Halso through grubhub. My order totals $30 - for that price, I felt entitled to receive my complete order in a timely manner. Crazy, I know.

The delivery driver called to let me know he was at my building. I go downstairs to the lobby and wait for a few minutes. He calls back to verify my address. After waiting for another 10 minutes, I call the driver only to learn that he is, in fact, in another neighborhood.

I return to my apartment and receive a call from the restaurant, Halsa. They let me know that my smoothie contains a shredded date pit and it should not be consumed. They offer a refund. I ask if they can remake the smoothie, and they tell me it's not possible because the driver works for GrubHub.

The driver arrives with my order, which contains an undrinkable smoothie, gingerale and the kale salad, but no pho. I let the driver know that the order is missing pho, the main meal. He tells me to call the restaurant because there is nothing he could do.

I call grubhub and am placed on hold. Eventually, a customer service representative takes my call. He offers to refund the pho, noting that the smoothie has already been refunded. I say I'd prefer to receive my food. If the food is not delivered, my alternative is to place another order -- and pay double tax and delivery fees. No, thank you. The customer service representative tells me he will try to make something work. He says I should keep an eye out for an email. I guess a call back was too much to ask for.

At this time, the delivery guy calls me. To his credit, he owns up to the mistake and offers to return to the restaurant to pick up the soup. I thank him, and let him know that I'll call grubhub back.

I call grubhub and am again placed on hold. Finally, another customer service representative answers. After walking her through the problem - again - she offers to refund the pho. I tell her the driver is willing to deliver again, and she says the driver is a third party contractor (paid by grubhub) and she can't guarantee that he'll come back. I am growing confused about what value, if any, grubhub adds to this process. I ask that she contact the driver. After speaking with the driver, she calls back to tell me that he has agreed to deliver. I say "great, I would like the restaurant to remake the smoothie". She then lets me know that the restartaunt is out of the smoothie I ordered, and tells me what flavors are available. I am annoyed, but I pick another flavor. I am then told that I will be charged for the smoothie, which had been refunded.

I let grubhub know that I am very frustrated with the entire experience, and will never order through them again. The lady offers me $5 off my next order to appease me. I let her know I appreciate the gesture, but it doesn't come close to making it better and I'm unlikely to use grubhub ever again, to which the lady responds, "...So do you want the $5...?".

12 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question