US Government's NSF

76 Reviews for GrubHub

▼ Sort by: recent

brandiem
9/14/14

I'm only giving one star because I can't give zero! Yes I know this might have been a bank issue but was very frustrating customer service experience! I ordered and checked my bank account and the money was taken out! I was given an estimated time of an hour and 5 mins...no big deal since it's New York and football sunday I expected that! But after two hours and no food I called the restaurant and they claimed to have never gotten my order...but the money was taken out of my account. So I called grubhub to find out what was going on...and what I got was a very rude man on the other end! I checked my bank account well on the phone and it looks like they had put the money back in my account he then told me I must have a bank credit card! Excuse me! DO NOT ASSUME things!! This took me over the edge! I went to the ATM and was able to take cash out no problem! Grubhub you suck!

Tip for consumers: Do not use grubhub use delivery.com instead!!!

maryt55
9/13/14

This service seems a bit pointless. .. I'm not sure why I need to use this app for delivery when it only lists the place's I already know deliver (Chinese and pizza) then charges me extra to contact the restaurant and make an order I could easily do. Waiter on the way is much better.

mahmutb
9/7/14

Ordered pizza from a local restaurant an hour and half ago and got a call just 5 min. ago that they don't have a delivery guy and I can choose between picking it up or canceling the order. Seriously it takes you an hour and a half to find out that the place doesnot offer delivery.

Tip for consumers: do not order!!!

spensery
9/3/14

After the estimated 1.5 hour wait for our food I called to see what the delay was. Grubhub claimed the retaraunt was closed and they would refund us plus give us a15$ credit. This of course was after speaking with an extremely rude customer service rep. The next day we ordered the same thing to come to the exact same scenaro, but this to me a 5$ credit. After this I called the restaurant to find that they were open both days. Called grubhub back to a customer service rep telling me "no one here would lie about that and risk their job". Lazy rude pieces of $#*!.

Tip for consumers: DONT!!!!!!

rjb1
9/1/14

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT order anything from these folks. The food never shows and you have no one to call to complain to! They are the worse!

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time with these folks.

jessicab54
9/1/14

Really should have read the reviews because I would not have ordered but I did... food took 2 hours to get to me then they didn't have my drinks but he was going to take my money to get some... opened order while he was gone and nothing was right and it was cold. Called then up and they said I would get a refund but when the driver came back he could only give me what I have him minus the $4.00 he spent on two cokes... never again. Now we are hungry and grumpy with two cokes... lovely.

Tip for consumers: Save your money and just pick up the food yourself.

maryl97
8/19/14

I love love LOVE this site. Whether I'm at home on break in D.C. or living it up in the Dorm at MSU in East Lansing GrubHub has always got my back when it comes to food.
Staff is always helpful, like today I ordered from a local BBQ franchise and when it was delivered I realized that one of my food items was missing! I called the restaurant (in which they were very apologetic) and told me to call GrubHub staff which I did and they were so friendly and apologetic as well (Thanks Teresa!!!). I was able to get a refund on the item and staff texted me to just make just I knew that I did in fact get my refund!
I was very pleased that they handled everything so nicely. There is a reason I only use GrubHub for my delivery of snackage :)

Tip for consumers: GrubHub is wonderfull and its not their fault if your area has a limited selection of resaurants to choose from.

mattm61
8/17/14

My friend ordered from here and they left the food on his doorstep outside, in the cold. They never rang the doorbell or called him up. He waited for hours for the food and only noticed and I came by his house and told him that this was outside his house. The food was rock hard and freezing. Ugh.

rohity
8/15/14

Very bad service. Ordered food several times, it ever arrived on time, almost always an hour late and few times mixed up orders. If you are hungry and you want food, don't order from them. Never ordering through them ever again

mccallab
8/14/14

Absolutely the worst. They stole 4 dollars from me and never gave me my food. 9/10 would never use this service again. They refused to compensate me on my missing money claiming there was "nothing they could do" What a bunch of bull.

Tip for consumers: Don't mess up anything about your credit card info or you may be charged anyway but not receive any food!

meagank1
8/10/14

Usually we get food from Eat24. I have tried Grubhub twice. Both times my order was over an hour late from the estimated time. Both times I had to inquire about where my food was rather than getting updated. I sent the feed back to Grubhub, and got a we don't control restaurants. To me if you are 0 for 2, and your competitors can get food from the restaurants to my door on time, than something is wrong with how you are doing things. I will stick with eat24 in the future.

daveo9
8/4/14

I ordered food. 2 hrs later, I called to see what the delay was.. They called me back 10 min after that to tell me that the food was not coming. They tried offering me a $15 credit to make up for it.. But I don't see how that helps my grumbling stomach.

nancyw34
7/25/14

Food was Late, missing items, and customer service was HORRIBLE!!!! NEVER Using this AGAIN!!! I order $$$$ FOOD since I don't cook. STAY AWAY BAD SERVICE!!!

jamess188
7/23/14

Sometimes, your food just doesn't come. And when it does, expect rude and unhelpful customer service. I'm done ordering from grubhub.

oswaldr8
7/22/14

An hour and a half wait with rude delivery men who don't even wear uniforms!The people coming to my door are usually unkempt and very unprofessional GubHub is a trashy place to order.

sarad23
7/17/14

After our order was 45 minutes late, I called customer service to inquire about it. They could not have been less helpful or concerned that it had not shown up. After doing some "research", they shared that the restaurant mixed up the order and if I wanted them to make our order this time, it would be another 45 minutes at least. I declined and asked for refund. Which to their credit, they did immediately. So over a course of 2:45, no food, very unhelpful customer service via Grub Hub and we are still hungry. Thanks for nothing.

rosemariej1
7/1/14

I was disappointed after seeing a commercial and being so excited to get on this site. Turns out, there were literally 3 restaurants to choose from. All of which were little hole in the wall places I had no desire to eat from.

jessicam61
6/20/14

I have been a grubhub customer since 2010 but after tonight I will never use grubhub again. When my order was 20 minutes late tonight, I called customer service and the representative told me she would contact the restaurant and text me the status. 20 minutes go by and I still had not heard back from grubhub. When my order was 40 minutes past it's expected arrival time I called customer service back to tell them I wanted to cancel my order. She informed me the delivery service told her our order had been delivered already. Well, that was clearly not true! 12 minutes of being on hold passed and she told me the delivery man confirmed he dropped it off at a house with a gate and a housekeeper. My house does not have a gate nor do I have a house keeper. So basically my order was delivered to the wrong address. I was told my order would be refunded and I would receive " free grub ". After wasting 2 hours waiting at home for a delivery and having to deal with customer service , this company has the gall to give me a $5 dollar credit. Gee, thanks. Unfortunately , the service at grubhub has substantialy declined. I have been running into issues like these 2 of the last 5 times I've ordered from them. This will be my last time. Good riddance , grubhub.

ashleyb57
6/10/14

I've ordered through Grub Hub since 2011, but I will never order through them again for any reason. They have the absolute worst customer service of any company I have ever done business with. They are slow and unresponsive to any question or if they mess up your order, which at their Bellevue, WA office they seem to do constantly. I definitely would not recommend them to anyone. There are a couple of other similar companies that perform the same service and do a much better job!

spencerc9
6/7/14

I WILL NEVER USE GRUBHUB AGAIN!!!! Had a problem with an order and called to let them know...they gave me $5 of free grub...BUT...you have to use it within 30 days AND you have to use a credit card/paypal when redeeming it!!! I do not use a credit card and when I called and asked "So, what you're telling me is: no matter how loyal the customer, if I do not use a credit card or paypal to redeem free grub, I'm $#*! out of luck, yes or no?" the supervisor replied "yes" APPALLED. I immediately deleted there app and I will tell all of my friends to do the same. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!! you can't compensate someone who has been $#*!ty service with even worse service. Save yourself the time and trouble and just call the restaurant directly.

myaw2
6/2/14

I ordered from TGIF through grubhub and got the wrong order. I ordered two Jack Daniels burgers without tomatoes(don't like tomatoes or the juice on my food) and got the order with tomatoes, burgers burnt, and no jack daniels sauce. Called them to complain about my food, they told me that I couldn't get my order replaced or my money back because they did give me the correct order. I told her they could give me another order and I will return the order I got and they refused to return my money or reorder my food. I told them that I put it in my order online, and they still said they wouldn't do anything. They didn't bother to accommodate me or to provide good customer service. DONOT EVER GO THROUGH THEM THEY WILL GET YOUR CREDIT CARD AND DONT CARE WHAT KIND OF FOOD OR SERVICE YOU GET.

marym116
6/1/14

I have ordered many many times from them and I had to charge back one time because they never credited my account for an order I never got (I'm sure by mistake), so they banned me from ever ordering again. WTF?? The woman at grub hub was so rude on the phone. Considering all the orders I have placed I was offended. I only charge back when I need to. Its not personal, but they made it personal. Never again. Worst customer service.

jessicaw31
5/27/14

Absolutely love Grubhub. Really fast and just so well down. My favorite part is that I can order environmentally friendly. No need to send me a menu, knife and fork when I eat at home!

jenniferv14
5/17/14

Worst customer service. Was suppose to be a 35 minute delivery. After 1.25 hours still wasn't here. Contacted customer support and received attitude. Then was told it would be another 20 minutes for it to arrive. Requested refund and told them they can keep the food. Will never order thru this place again.

michellej18
4/21/14

I have had countless problems with the third party restaurant never getting my order. It was annoying, but nothing a a simple phone call and retelling the order would not fix. However today I reached my final straw. I tried to place an order from a pizza place I order from weekly. Never had any problems. As I tried to place the order it kept saying that it could not go through and the credit car to not be processed, try back in a few minutes. Fine, annoying but whatever. I canceled the order and moved on. However I checked my online banking information and the cost of the order was taken. I talked with two employees, and the the manager Brian, who kept saying the amount was on hold, as per company policy, and would be back in 24 hours, and to call my bank to get the funds released. I called the bank and they said they could not release the funds as they were not on hold, Grub Hub had taken my money. I called back and Brian and company insisted that the funds were just on hold. This is ridiculous. The order was for nearly $50.00. That no one at Grub Hub can tell me were it is, yet they are the name under where the money went. Any time there is a problem, it is never their fault. It is always a third party. DO NOT USE!!!!!!! If there is a problem they will say that they want to help, but will blame everyone for the issue, even when their name is on the problem. Waste of time and a waste of money. DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!!

cindyl23
4/18/14

Great idea but some of the people who deliver are just sooooo slow and food takes quite a while to get to you, when it does its cold and not so great!

teresal8
4/16/14

Grubhub used to be great, but lately it totally sucks. The restaurants listed in our delivery area are hardly ever delivering when we try to place an order. Grubhub will take as long as an hour to inform you that the restaurant isn't delivering in your area. We've wasted so much time trying to place orders through Grubhub. Grubhub, WAKE UP!!!!!

sandrai1
4/13/14

We ordered through them 3 times, the last being last night and 2 out of those 3 we waited the extremely long waitime of 2+ hours never receive our food! We called and they promised to "look into it" and then proceeded to blame the 3rd party delivery service for not passing our order on to the restaurant! Seriously? The 3rd time we canceled the order after we got confirmation of 2-3hour delivery time. Of course they never tell you the extremely long delivery time before you complete your payment and then you'll obviously have to wait several days for the pending charge to finally fall off! This "service" is a joke! I have never had a 2+ hour wait when I ordered from a restaurants myself for pick up, so I guess while Grubhub is a great idea in theory I will rather just order it at the restaurant myself and drive to pick it up! Bad business is an understatement!

erict28
3/29/14

It makes delivery so much easier and they have great customer service! Seriously, I've made mistakes in order or had problems with restaurants and they took care of it for me and just called me back when it was resolved. Use them!

victorias14
3/27/14

The minimum amount of $ you have to order can be a waste, especially if your ordering for one person. I would rather just pay the difference than be forced to order extra food that i'm going to throw away...

kerryd9
3/24/14

I've used GrubHub a few times. In the past it was an ok experience but never great. Today however was just plain awful from start to finish. First, when I tried to place my order there was a message saying their credit card processing was down. I didn't have cash (and didn't want to go out - hence the reason for ordering with them). I tried to use their chat help feature 4 different times and each time got disconnected before anyone answered. On the last try I typed in the message for someone to call me if they wanted my business. The guy who called me back didn't really seem very concerned about the problem, but he did offer to give me a $10 credit.
Then when my food came it was the wrong food. On the order menu when I selected my entree it gave me a choice of what side I wanted. Not only was my entree incorrect but so was the side. While it is slightly possible that this is the restaurant's error and not GrubHub's, considering all of the other issues I had today I am inclined to believe that GrubHub forwarded the order incorrectly to the restaurant. When I complained about the order being wrong I received another $10 credit. So yippy, now I have $20 in credits with a service I never want to use again!

michaelr93
3/16/14

GrubHub is totally incompetent and unreliable. I had a coupon for $10.00 off, and they suddenly decided not to accept my credit card. You can only use a coupon if you pay with a credit card. They said that my bank tells them that my zipcode is incorrect. I haven't moved, my zipcode hasn't changed. Grub Hub had taken this credit card in the past, but all of the sudden when I have 10 dollars off my zip code is wrong. Pretty convenient. I will never use them again and I strongly advise everyone not to.

laurend5
3/1/14

I'd give it a negative rating if I could. They're terrible. I waited over an hour and a half for my order. Mind you, Grub Hub texted me about 25 mins into my order and told me that my order was on the way. After another hour, I tried to contact Grub Hub via chat then via phone. No response via chat and after about 15 mins on hold, I hung up. I called the restaurant directly and they informed me that they did not receive my order. SO I wonder why they sent me a text saying my order was on the way. This site is pure crap. Take my advice -- go to Seamless, Eat24.com -- anything but the awful site.

danq1
2/27/14

first of all, I order from grabhub.com every other day for the last 5 months... due to work... we all order religiously it seemed.
secondly, whenever it said to wait for certain amount of time, the restaurant always deliver about 15 to 30 sometimes an hour before the estimated delivery time.
thirdly, grabhub.com surprised me with 100% discount on my food a lot... and they don't tell you until the receipt shows up.

it's convenient, easy to use, keeps track of all your receipts... and food you have eaten for diet people. saved my credit card so i never have to do anything.

costumer service if you ever need them is super nice and helpful...

i have no complain whatsoever... only praises.. keep it up grabhub.com, you're doing a fine job.
what should i eat tomorrow i wonder...

davidk82
2/14/14

Same experience as many others. I've ordered from GrubHub many times with no problems...yet the one time I had to call customer service to cancel an order because the establishment was taking too long (2 hours...no fault of GrubHub though), I had to wait on hold for 15 minutes. Ridiculous considering that you figure that everyone who has to call in is probably upset/irate about a missed order...puzzling why they don't staff more people.

dm95
2/8/14

Wow, what a terrible experience. Placed an order and the site said it would be a two hour wait. Called to cancel and they told me that was an error and my order would be there in 45 minutes. Long story short my order never arrived. Just hope I can get my money back now.

karam12
2/7/14

I used grubhub weekly. Then one night they charged my card for my order, but didn't place it. They claimed my grub hub account was flagged for fraud. But they couldn't tell me why or provide me with a way to contact someone about it. They also didn't want to give me proof that the order was canceled and I wouldn't be charged. I was just give a receipt exactly like the one you get for an actually placed order. Stay away!

pattis5
2/3/14

After editing the kinds of ethnic restaurants I'd be interested in viewing in downtown Chicago, the search results continually included Subway, and other common sandwich shops.
Their search feature leaves an awful lot to desire. I think I'll stick to Yelp.

denisv6
2/2/14

Food arrive cold. You break somebodies head with the pizza. If you can't deliver the food while still warm just get out of the business

marikog
2/1/14

I was once a loyal Grubhub addict. I probably have had over 150+ orders with them. Their customer service and responsiveness to customers was second to none... That is until they merged with Seamless. Their service is in severe decline. I called in to report a missing item from my order and was on hold for over 16 minutes to even reach an operator. The time I lost attempting to reach someone in their company exceeded the financial loss of my missing item at that point. When I got them on the phone finally, the operator said they would give me credit for the missing item and additionally some "Free Grub" in relation to an order I had place the place previous day but forgot to apply a 10% web discount that was applicable at that time, which is a suitable response. But when I wrote in to their "customer service" explaining my concern with the degradation in their customer care and call wait times, I received a response promising $5 in "Free Grub". That's nice! But when I checked my account I never received this promise and when I emailed them to point out their mistake, I was responded to with excuses and no resolve. GO TO EAT24! I AM FINDING THEM TO BE A VERY NICE REPLACEMENT TO MY FOOD WEB ORDERING.

deed37
1/30/14

This is the email response i got from them after they cancelled my order, waited an hour to tell me, and then charged me anyways:
GrubHub Seamless help_me+canned.response@grubhub.com via mail-wg0-f50.google.com

4:40 PM (2 hours ago)

to me

Hey there,

Thanks for the email. Unfortunately, we get quite a few of them and speedy replies aren’t always guaranteed. But don’t worry – this email contains a cornucopia of great advice to help you get the aid you need when you need it:

If you’re wondering where your food is or looking to change your order, your best bet is to quit reading this and dial 877-585-7878. Come to think of it, most of your order-related matters are best handled over the phone. If you hate phones, the chat button plastered all over our website works.
If you have a question about money, phones can help there, too. Unfortunately, a lot of the money issues are going to get a “your bank will [insert banky action here] in 2-3 days” kind of reply so follow this link to see if we’ve covered your issue: www.grubhub.com/help. We wish it could be different, but we don’t control banks. Yet.
Oh, and you can always do nothing, too. We’ll reply to this email within a day. You just need to stay alive in the meantime. We’ve been hearing good things about breathing.

In short, the smart money is always on giving us a call – it can’t hurt, it will probably help and you’ll be able to tell your friends that you had a great conversation with an attractive guy/girl. No – really. We’re all at least a 7.

Thanks,

GrubHub

ph: 877-585-7878

I got 5 or 6 more rude emails from them after this one. What a bunch of inadequate losers.

martinr22
1/19/14

SARFINO'S PIZZA WAS WORKING WITH GRUB HUB.WE HAD A CONTRACT TO BE ADVERTISED BY GRUB HUB AND THEY WILL KEEP 15% FOR THAT.ACCORDING TO OUR LAST STATEMENT,WHICH I WOULD BE ABLE TO FAX TO ANYBODY ,WHO WANTS TO SEE IT, I WAS CHARGED $94.52 AD FEE PLUS $6.02 CC FEE ON THE AMOUNT OF $155.04.SO,TO MAKE IT CLEAR - I COOKED AND DELIVERED THE FOOD FOR $155.04 AND RECEIVED A CHECK FOR $54.50.WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY REFUSED TO COMMENT AND PROMISED THAT TERESA(THE MANAGER) WILL CALL BACK.SHE NEVER DID.SO WE DON'T WORK WITH GRUB HUB ANYMORE!

jr65
1/19/14

I would not recommend using grubhub. Twice in one month I had an order screwed up. A few weeks ago I had placed an order that never was received by the restaurant. Today, they sent the order to a different joint. Also, I had to wait 5 days to get my damn refund.

timmys10
1/11/14

Of 4 orders - 2 never showed. On-line chat to find where order is has a queue of 18 currently....that's just to ask where's the order that's 2 hours late.....
Last time using the service - 50% chance of getting food isn't a business that'll be around if it doesn't change.

hollyrosee
1/2/14

Great website. You order your food online and they issue discounts and coupons when you order through them. Fairly impressed. Haven't had a problem yet.

amandas42
1/1/14

I ordered Chinese through this site and had to wait over an hour for delivery. It wasn't that big of a deal, however, when it was beyond the estimated time for delivery I called the business and they told me that the order never showed up. I tell them I want my money back and he tells me I have to contact the online ordering place (grub hub) and well after I was furious with that answer I hung up and called customer service. I have been on hold for over 40 min to have a 1 minute conversation letting me know they will contact the business and cancel my order (which I've already done) and that my money will be refunded. Their excuse was it's the busiest night of the year and that's why I waiting so long on hold and for the food I never got. How do you expect to run an onljne business with excuse after excuse!?

mandag2
12/31/13

They got here much faster than they has estimated . They man who delivered my food was very nice even though my address got messed up as he went to the neighbors instead . I am very impressed by this site and service :)

briank30
12/17/13

A true scam .. two orders, two major screwups on their end.

First order they take and charge my card no problem. Go out in the Chicago snow to pick it up and restaurant has no record of my order at all. They are nice and make the food anyway, while i wait 30mins. As I leave, GrubHub calls to say 'oh, we messed up, you won't be eating tonight.' They are shocked I have my food in hand.

They give me a credit to make up for this order ... so I give them one more shot in Virginia. Unable to login on their website. Place an order through my phone on their cubersome mobile app, and they don't apply the credits.

True scam -- they scammed investors out of money for a service that simply does not work. Done with them.

kias1
12/14/13

Grubhub.com proved to be an incompetent business. They charged my credit card for food that was never delivered. When I contacted them about THEIR OWN mistake, they told me that they refunded my money to the bank and I would have to wait the entire weekend for it to be reimbursed back to my account. I do not know why they would have charged my account if they were not able to provide the product. I was also treated with disrespect from their customer service department. I will NEVER use this company again because they are frauds.

jeraldm19
12/10/13

at home sick with a cold and thought I would give Grub Hub a try since it is about 45 degrees outside. Called at 4:16 and was told it would arrive by 5:10.
At 5:30 I called grub hub to advise that the order had not arrived. As they stalled and said they would check it out, they sent me a $10 cerificate. They assured me it would be there by 5:44.
NOTHING !! At 6:00 I cancelled my order!
Ten minutes later the guy shows up and I told him it was too late and to take it back. As I was closing the door he attempted to stop me from closing the door!!!!

I WILL NEVER USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN. I WOULD SUGGEST YOU READ OTHER REVIEWS. I did not and I'm sorry I didn't.

Best Food Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber