US Government's NSF

111 W. Washington St., Suite 2100,, Suite 2100
Chicago, IL 60602, USA
Tel: 877-585-7878
webmeister@grubhub.com

People interested in GrubHub are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

erict28

It makes delivery so much easier and they have great customer service! (in 55 reviews)

jonathans49

It took two hours for pizza because the pizzeria didn't get my order until 45 min after I ordered it. (in 163 reviews)

vanessaa10

It took 2 hours for a grilled cheese to be delivered. (in 35 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

chadd17
7/31/15

This is my second review for these folks, will never use this service again. They suck..

amandab85
7/31/15

I filled out an app to be a delivery driver. Got accepted but after all the reviews and complaints I doubt anyone would even tip me. Not driving my car around to take food to people that are already upset about waiting, not going to tip and then gonna give a horrible review. Like they say time is money but apparently if I went out of my way to take your food to you I'd be wasting my time. I hate that people complain about crap and then take it out on the driver. I can only imagine where I'd have to drive just to get your food to you.

courtneyb40
7/29/15

Try checking eat24 or seamless, the up charge on grubhub is much higher than like sites costing around $5-7 more on each order! That'd cover your delivery and tip ;) check other food delivery apps first. Plus grubhub doesn't send coupons anymore, eat24 sends one every weekend giving you additional discounts. Talking like $10-15 cheaper to order on alternate apps! Grubhub is certainly convenient but there are like apps that cost you less out of pocket so check before clicking submit!

melb40
7/28/15

Ya u should put on your site dont for forget to tip ur delivery drivers because they only live on there tips like them they work for there money. its a service for them because its where and tear on our car and gas money. most people think delivery drivers ]get paid by the hour but they dont they only live on there tips. when someone doesnt tip them thats pretty cheap of them to do that. if a person doesnt tip a delivery driver they should go pick it up there self instead of using delivery driver for free and getting away with out a tip thats cheap cheap. grubhub should to make sure they tell the customers to tip ur drivers. the delivery drivers dont do it for free. can u please change that to make sure that customers tip there delivery drivers thanks and dont give me a speal about we cant say that bc u can

donaldt21
7/28/15

Overcharged for an order then told by their customer service that is was my bank's error while staring at the overcharge on my account. Will never order from a company like this again. Very SHADY...

camillea8
7/24/15

Never had a problem with grubhub until tonight. I ordered a cheese burger fries and four drinks. I paid 22.91 and it took two hours to get here. The burger and fries were iced cold and Soggy!!! Totally inedible!!!! I will never order from Burger House again!!!! Totally ruined my evening and now it is too late to order anything else...

ericn15
7/23/15

I found two charges on my debit card from Grubhub/Seamless that I did not make. After going back and forth over and over again I was told that these charges were made to accounts in Atlanta (I am in Pittsburgh) that were believed to be fraudulent.

I asked for information about these accounts and was told that they have strict privacy policies and would not be able to give me this information.

I am baffled by the fact that they are so adamant about protecting the privacy of someone, some THIEF that stole money from me.

I have never used this service (and now never will!!)!

wendellp6
7/18/15

Tried to use Grubhub last night and the site stated it would take 2hrs for delivery. Found that I provided the wrong cell number, so the delivery driver was not able to call to complete the delivery. I called and asked about the order and was put on hold for 5 minutes, called back and again was placed on hold and finally after 2 minutes talked to someone who was trying but not to concerned. I canceled the order and asked about a refund. The girl stated that she would call back with the info. Did not call. Tried the online chat and could not get anywhere with them either. Then today I did an online chat and the person Alex stated that they would cancel the transaction and refund the money.
After reading these reviews it looks as though I am not going to get my money. Will not use Grub hub ever again.

jw97
7/17/15

GrubHub makes no effort to look out for customers. They take orders and skim the profit--but if the restaurant fails to deliver they do nothing to help. Has happened 4 times now.

nicolet48
7/11/15

My email to grub hub: I have ordered from Grub Hub many times....and one too many times the food has been wrong.

Not because of the restaurant but because your lack of putting the menu items as they actually are on your site. There have been a few times where your website doesn't say that it has meat. ...but when it gets delivered, it includes meat. When you are a vegetarian, that is a big deal!

I call the restaurant directly and they send out a replacement. ...but with my last order they specifically told me that they have been trying to contact you to no avail. They said many items are incorrect on your site and frankly it doesn't seem that you care.

When people have dietary needs or restrictions you need to state exactly as the menu is as the restaurant has printed.

I highly suggest you fix this flaw before you get a lawsuit for something that happens way worse than just getting meat on a vegetarian meal. Or hire someone that knows how to proof read.

sonyag8
7/10/15

Waited for almost 2 hours for our food, finally called the restaurant directly and the guy that answered said he would call me right back, I gave him my number, but he never called back! When I called him back he said he was in the other line with grub hub because he didn't receive a bunch of orders. We of course canceled the order
My husband called grub hub to make sure they refunded us. The guy did apologize, but without some kind of courtesy coupon, discount on next meal, we will be going back to eat24.

delademt
7/10/15

I ordered dinner through grubhub, waited for more than an hour for my food which never came. I called their line to find out where my food was and was told they will check with the restaurant. Well I got a call back and was told the delivery guy (poor him) had an accident on the way to deliver my food and they are offering to get someone to go take the food from him, I mean from the accident car and bring it to me. Bring me back food from an accident scene. Yes I was hungry, Yes I waited over an hour for my food but who offers that? please stay away your food might be wrestled out of the hands of a raccoon next time.

mans19
7/9/15

Ordered my lunch through Grubhub. Checked the restaurant site and saw that minimum amount for delivery was $40, but through Grubhub it was $30. Ordered through Grubhub and selected the payment option as Cash on delivery (did not want to take a risk of paying and not getting what I wanted by using Credit card). I got the food I ordered 15 mins before the estimated delivery time.

hamanih
7/9/15

They charged my card and my boyfriends card for the one order and now they are giving me bs about reimbursing his account. This is the second time with some issue with this site, I will discontinue from using it and be sure to tell all my friends, family, and coworkers!!!!

kiyaf
7/8/15

Grub hub made me wait 2 hours for a meal that was never coming. Once it was past the estimated delivery time and I still hand gotten my meal I gave grub hub a call to where my order was at. The rep told me that the restaurant closed early and they she would refund me right away. What she didn't say was the money wouldn't return in my bank account until 3-5 business days. What?! That was my only money to eat! And Now she tells me I can't eat for 3-5 business days. Son to a manager after her he gave me $15 credit to order from another restaurant of their web site but there was let any other restaurants to order from. I hate grub hub!!!!! And I'm still hungry and won't be able to eat until Tomorrow! Stayed up for 2 hours when I could have had food and been sleep by now!

ryand28
7/4/15

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE experience. Adjusted filter to places that were open in Chicago (it was around midnight) and delivered. Pizza place popped up - put my order in, charged me $40 - waited an hour an a half, look for help on GrubHub, their site redirects you to call the restaurant directly - guess what - they closed at 11PM. Awesome. Not being able to leave the house,I called GrubHub - 30 minute wait, no answer - BUT HEY, they let you chat online with a HUMAN as I read "you are ticket #88" What?? 88 people ahead of me?? I figured they can just refund me tomorrow, I'll order something else. Order something else from a local pub - says it's going to be 90-120 minutes for a wait AFTER I already put my order in of $40 this time. Seriously - what a JOKE. So here I am, could have been in bed by now... WAITING for an order. I will NEVER use GrubHub again. This has been the WORST experience with the food industry in my life. Learn to run a business, you pricks.

krissya
7/4/15

Called to order food and the estimated time of delivery was over an hour which fine I can live with. I was waiting and it was over an hour and a half so I called customer service. Ha yeah right! More like listen to horrible music for an extra 30 min. This is the worst "delivery" company ever!!! There is a reason why they don't have many delivery options!!

vanclers
7/3/15

On June 12th, 2015 I decided to give them a go. Created an account. Logged in and ordered my favorite food, Chinese. I was away on business, so I didn't know anything about the local restaurants. I chose a restaurant "near by" and asked for delivery. So far... so good. About an hour after my order was placed I get a call from the delivery man asking me to confirm the address because he didn't find my hotel with the address I provided. I confirmed and reconfirmed the address several times and finally we both realized that the restaurant was in a different city than the one listed under hubGrub. So far not a great impression, but things happen and I let it slide. The delivery man said they don't deliver that far. I called the owner and she said she would refund me the money and then I tried again with a different restaurant through hubGrub. I also submitted a ticket to have my card refunded for the food I never got and they said they would take care of it. Fast forward to today... I am going to pay my card and noticed no credit was given. I contact hubGrub again and they told me the restaurant didn't authorize a refund. What? So I use your services, never get the food and then have to pay for it? If I was that restaurant's owner I wouldn't authorize a refund either. They prepared the food and had a guy driving around for 30 minutes looking for me to deliver the food before we all realized they were far away from me and don't deliver there. However, why should I pay for the food. The agent apologized, issue the credit and said they would give me a compensation next time I use their services. When I got the eMail it was my last straw... apparently these people think that 4 hours of my life is only worth $5.00 bucks. Ridiculous... I don't think I'll be using them again. On the 12th I was angry and hungry and had to wait 3 hours for my food. Today I wasted another hour trying to sort this out when clearly they dropped the ball. Use at your discretion, but for me I rather go pick up the food myself... less aggravation and insult. NO HUBGRUB FOR ME.

amandab82
7/1/15

To start off, the person who answered the phone for Grub Hub did not understand my request and asked me to repeat myself several times. After taking 15 min to place my order, they took nearly 2 hours to deliver my food. When placing my order I was asked "cash or credit?" I replied that I would be using cash. When the delivery driver arrived he informed me that he had no Change which forced me to give him a $12.00 tip. When I say I am paying in cash, I expect that the driver should be prepared with change. My overall experience was awful. I will never use grub hub again.

debr346
6/28/15

I was so excited to use Grubhub. The first time it went without a hitch. But the second time was a disaster. The food was delivered dripping through the plastic bag. It looked as if the bag had been dropped or carried upside down. I complained to GH, they said they'd get back to me. They didn't. I complained again, they said the restaurant would only reimburse me $5. However, they didn't volunteer this info, I had to contact them again to find it out. By this point I was about done with them. Then GH said they'd send me a code for a $15 coupon. It never came. They sent me a survey but no code. Contacted them again and once again they said they'd send a code. It never came. I'm done with them.

jennifert56
6/26/15

Hi, after placing my order I see that there is an up-charge using this site! One of my items was $2.00 more and the other was $1.00 more than on the restaurant's menu found on Yelp. I feel that I was taken, not a good feeling! Luckily I had a $5 coupon that off set the price difference but I see no reason to use your this site if it is going to cost more than calling and ordering from the restaurant going forward. Not cool Grub Hub!

samg57
6/23/15

First off the web site said my address didn't exist like do I live on the moon .second if you are on their help page it says at the bottom if you have unanswered questions click here and it takes you back to the page where it says are you a diner or the restaurant then it becomes a" if you want to entertain an idiot turn card over " merry-go-round. This site screwed me around for 20 mins before I gave up I am sorely dissapointed

gils20
6/23/15

It was nice to try grubhub, alas, it looks like restaurant give lower priority to orders placed by it...
It is maybe the fees.
I used them a few times, and for the most part food is late, and not as we asked.
I have food allergies, and I had to throw the food away as I do not to go through an epileptic shock...
If I just call the restaurant, I pay the same delivery fees, food is mostly on time, and always per my dietary needs...
Not going to use them anymore

lancea8
6/21/15

Local restaurant delivers but when you try and get delivery online it says deliver is not available. So you do not get to take advantage of online deals and have to pay full price. False advertisement! Not even a 1 rating.

shas39
6/16/15

if I could give zero stars I would. One star is above and beyond the services they provide. theyre supposed to be helpful but when a problem arises and you try to talk to their representative, THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU. " sorry but theres nothing we can do about that now" is a response I got. awful awful service. might as well pay your little cousin to get your food for you.

Tip for consumers: do not waste your time.

devansha
6/14/15

I ordered a 13'' sub on grubhub and instead got an 8'' sub while i was charged for the full amount. I didn't care to call them back and complaint because that would've taken another hour. So i simply chose not to use grubhub again.

brittanyj8
6/12/15

Ordered food at 6:30 said the order would arrive by 8:45 thought to myself wow that's a long time to wait but I waited it out. 9:00 rolls around and still no food had my husband call customer service they then told him that the food would arrive at 9:20. 9:20 passes still no food then we recived a voicemail saying that there was a problem with the order and they will email us a coupon REALLY!!! I will never order from Grub Hub again don't waste your time! This isn't the first time they screwed up either last time we ordered from them they took way too long and my husband ended up going to the restrurant himself and picking up our order. We thought we would give them another chance but they failed again.

laurencek5
6/12/15

Definitely the most incompetent delivery service company in New YOrk City. Fortunately there are other delivery services available. NOte that it appears GrubHub is also trying to operate under the guise of the Seamless brand. Both companies should be avoided at all costs.

racheoc
6/11/15

If I could give zero stars as a rating, I would! Waited over 2 hours to get food. Restaurant claimed it was due to traffic but looked at satellite views of traffic and no such thing at this time of night. I would not suggest ordering from grubhub!

sarab34
6/11/15

Used this service once in November of 2014 and it was confirmed by there customer service who took over 10 minutes to answer the phone when I called. Than I was told this happens a lot where people are charged and they did not order. Wtf. Than I was told it would take 72 hours to research where the payment came from and why and then another 7 to 10 days to give me my money back. I will never again use this service a second nor would I recommend that this company used to anyone else as I was advised that the same issue that occurred with me happens a lot.

saundrao
6/10/15

3 hours later and no food, no apology, no call back. We call and hubgrubb and get hung up on. We call back and they cannot figure it out. OMG and we got charged for it. Never again.

ck57
6/7/15

Seriously terrible service......2 1/2 hours to deliver food at a non peak time?
Restaurants you are going to get a bad rap if you keep using this service!
At one time Grub Hub might have been good - the company has dropped the ball!

Tip for consumers: Don't use if you want to eat anytime soon!

barclaym
6/7/15

I have placed four orders with grub hub and they have called to cancel two of them twenty minutes later. Too hit or miss to bother with again.

krisf8
6/3/15

Horrible website. I've had so many problems, places not delivering to my area even though GrubHub listed them as delivering, orders being placed wrong, GrubHub listing restaurants as open when they weren't, and my latest issue involved places being put on my credit card twice when the order never went through. Customer service didn't care at all. Definitely choose something else instead, maybe DoorDash. At least they've always been honest with me.

julianas4
5/28/15

I ordered from Crown Fried Chicken and Pizza located on 790 New Lots in Brooklyn. The restaurant did not include all the items I ordered. Upon contacting the restaurant to complain I was told to take it up with Grub Hub. I contacted Grub Hub and received the most deplorable service. Not only was their customer service horrible but they completely sided with the restaurant. The food was also horrible, it was like eating paper. I will never use these two businesses again and I will be deleting the app from my phone. Also the customer service rep at Grub Hub put her personal feelings ahead of trying to satisfy the customer and did not deliver on any of her false promises - evidence of the inability to provide anything close to customer service.

ryanl34
5/27/15

Don't use GrubHub.

I ordered food after being in a rather severe car accident that left me injured and unable to cook for myself. I received the following:

9:07 PM
Your Order Has Been Canceled
We'll refund your order in full. Stay tuned.
9:03 PM
Oh, Hey. You Called?
Looks like you dialed up our Customer Service at 9:03 PM.
8:00 PM
Your Meal Is in the Works.
It should be delivered between 8:45 PM and 8:55 PM.
7:59 PM
It's All Comin' Together.
The restaurant has your order and is ready to get cookin'.

When the food never showed up, they informed me that, oops, the restaurant cancelled the order. But they never informed me of the same during hours when I could still get food. And then, get this, the woman on the phone told me that I should write a bad review of the restaurant. Rule number one in customer service - when you make an egregious mistake and provide horrible service, do not call up the customer and tell them you did nothing wrong. Also, do not confirm an order that has been cancelled. Unbelievable.

jerryj20
5/27/15

Don't ever use this service as they can't seem to even get the simplest of orders right and then it takes 2 hours to get your food.

seang25
5/24/15

First order was to a fish grill place. I asked for no white sauce, limes and salsa on the side. Instead in the burrito was incredible amounts of white sauce, side of white sauce and no limes. Food took upwards of two hours and was walking distance from my work.
Second occasion I ordered combo 3. Bacon,avocado cheese burger, in the request box I wrote add bbq sauce and lettuce. Two hours later I gota a soggie chicken sandwich soaked in mayo and ranch. Fries were stale and they brought me diet coke rather than Dr Pepper.
Fat America is caused by being to lazy to get your own food. Get off your ass and it'll be done right

bjc1
5/24/15

grubhub use to be a great site now they are always haveing mistakes. last order they charger me 27 dollars for the order but store never got the order and they tell me to call the store on the phone.

amandac60
5/23/15

We placed our order around 8am while on vacation. It's now 10 and my family is still setting here starving to death. Save yourself the trouble, order pizza or go get something. I wish it had a negative rating to give!

seanw39
5/19/15

grubhub is terrible, said itd be an hour, its been 2 hours food still not here. stay away from them! order directly from a restuarant you know or another site. they are just terrible.

tracih9
5/16/15

I have used this service several times and yes, there have been a couple of occasions where I was not completely satisfied but upon contacting the hub grub directly they where on it immediately and there was a resolution.

sonias28
5/16/15

DO NOT GO TO THEM. I ORDED FROM THEM THEN THE NEXT DAY I HAD 6 DIFFERENT TRANSACTIONS OF 1 DOLLAR THEN ANDOTHER TRANSACTION OR 23.05 MY INITIAL PAYMENT WAS ONLY SUPPOSE TO BE 29 DOLLARS AND WHEN I CALLED THE GRUB HIB CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY SAID COMPLETE BULL $#*! AND TRIED TO BLAME IT ON ME. NEEDLESS TO THE DISPUTE PROCESS PISSED ME OFF!!!!

hannahc19
5/10/15

I have been ordering from GrubHub for over 4 years. Awesome service at the time. Took a break from delivery and since they joined with Seamless the quality of the service has dropped dramatically. I had to call 5+ times to hold someone accountable for food that was over 2 hours late. No apology, no nothing. Just "it's Mothers Day" as an excuse. The absolute worst. Then they give me a $10 grub coupon like I could ever want to order from them. The reason why I would use GrubHub was that, they would hold restaurants accountable for their actions. That's changed and they lost my business forever.

finnr2
5/10/15

1st order not delivered, called 2 hours after delivery window and said they were out of both items ordered.

2nd order not delivered, called 1 hour after delivery window and said that the restaurant is closed.

I was dumb to use them the second time. My bad.

grubh
5/9/15

First time I used them. Also the last. Driver was a jerk. Spilled food all over the bag. Total waste of money.

melissae15
5/6/15

I ordered my food at 5:39 pm, after I submitted payment and got my confirmation it showed it would be delivered between 7:20-7:30 pm. Then a few minutes later I received an email that it would be delivered sooner (6:50 pm). WRONG! I called at 7:20 and the gal told me that the driver would be there in 10-12 mins, when I asked why it was taking so long she said that they were low on drivers then tried to blame the restaurant that they were busy. It's Wednesday night, really? I did get a 50% refund. Then when my food arrived, not only was the food cold, my drinks were hot (like they had been sitting in a car in the 80 degree Texas heat), but the order was incomplete. So I get online to chat with customer service and the delivery service only approved them to refund part of my order, they are not authorized to refund all of it. She did send me a coupon for $10 on my next order. Why in the world would I want to order from you again? BS, I'm now contacting the delivery company and stopping payment on my credit card. This is the worst, do not ever use Grub Hub. I even point blank told them that if the 3rd party delivery service is causing these types of issues, it reflects upon their business. You might want to rethink this if you plan to make money.

chrisf67
4/30/15

I will never use this site again. It took 2 hours for the place to even recieve my order. Plus they sent in the wrong order. This is the worst site I have ever used and if you want a pleasant experience I would choose another way of ordering your food

jeffreyg19
4/26/15

After reading all the terrible reviews I thought I might never see my dinner, however my order came 30 minutes earlier than the ETA. Pleasantly surprised. This was in Orange County, CA.

steviey
4/24/15

I tried ordering from grub hub and it sent my food to the wrong address. Thrice. This is unacceptable and it feels like they are playing with my money. Their delivery system is flawed an should still be in beta. If you are a customer and feel wronged by them, please join me in boycotting them.

Tip for consumers: PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE. YOU ARE BETTER OFF CALLING THE RESTAURANT THEMSELVES.

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Does it always take the estimated time for the food to arrive?
2/15/15
Answer
deec26
A: I've never had food delivered in the estimated time. It always takes much longer. Once in a while, I would get a call advising me of the delay but it still didn't arrive in the estimated time. I've given up using GrubHub at all. Best advice is to call the restaurant directly.
5/17/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: How do I add a review?
5/14/15
Answer
anthonya35
A: Click on "write review" at the top.
5/19/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

GrubHub?