US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

erict28

It makes delivery so much easier and they have great customer service! (in 54 reviews)

jonathans49

It took two hours for pizza because the pizzeria didn't get my order until 45 min after I ordered it. (in 152 reviews)

vanessaa10

It took 2 hours for a grilled cheese to be delivered. (in 33 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ryand28
7/4/15

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE experience. Adjusted filter to places that were open in Chicago (it was around midnight) and delivered. Pizza place popped up - put my order in, charged me $40 - waited an hour an a half, look for help on GrubHub, their site redirects you to call the restaurant directly - guess what - they closed at 11PM. Awesome. Not being able to leave the house,I called GrubHub - 30 minute wait, no answer - BUT HEY, they let you chat online with a HUMAN as I read "you are ticket #88" What?? 88 people ahead of me?? I figured they can just refund me tomorrow, I'll order something else. Order something else from a local pub - says it's going to be 90-120 minutes for a wait AFTER I already put my order in of $40 this time. Seriously - what a JOKE. So here I am, could have been in bed by now... WAITING for an order. I will NEVER use GrubHub again. This has been the WORST experience with the food industry in my life. Learn to run a business, you pricks.

krissya
7/4/15

Called to order food and the estimated time of delivery was over an hour which fine I can live with. I was waiting and it was over an hour and a half so I called customer service. Ha yeah right! More like listen to horrible music for an extra 30 min. This is the worst "delivery" company ever!!! There is a reason why they don't have many delivery options!!

vanclers
7/3/15

On June 12th, 2015 I decided to give them a go. Created an account. Logged in and ordered my favorite food, Chinese. I was away on business, so I didn't know anything about the local restaurants. I chose a restaurant "near by" and asked for delivery. So far... so good. About an hour after my order was placed I get a call from the delivery man asking me to confirm the address because he didn't find my hotel with the address I provided. I confirmed and reconfirmed the address several times and finally we both realized that the restaurant was in a different city than the one listed under hubGrub. So far not a great impression, but things happen and I let it slide. The delivery man said they don't deliver that far. I called the owner and she said she would refund me the money and then I tried again with a different restaurant through hubGrub. I also submitted a ticket to have my card refunded for the food I never got and they said they would take care of it. Fast forward to today... I am going to pay my card and noticed no credit was given. I contact hubGrub again and they told me the restaurant didn't authorize a refund. What? So I use your services, never get the food and then have to pay for it? If I was that restaurant's owner I wouldn't authorize a refund either. They prepared the food and had a guy driving around for 30 minutes looking for me to deliver the food before we all realized they were far away from me and don't deliver there. However, why should I pay for the food. The agent apologized, issue the credit and said they would give me a compensation next time I use their services. When I got the eMail it was my last straw... apparently these people think that 4 hours of my life is only worth $5.00 bucks. Ridiculous... I don't think I'll be using them again. On the 12th I was angry and hungry and had to wait 3 hours for my food. Today I wasted another hour trying to sort this out when clearly they dropped the ball. Use at your discretion, but for me I rather go pick up the food myself... less aggravation and insult. NO HUBGRUB FOR ME.

amandab82
7/1/15

To start off, the person who answered the phone for Grub Hub did not understand my request and asked me to repeat myself several times. After taking 15 min to place my order, they took nearly 2 hours to deliver my food. When placing my order I was asked "cash or credit?" I replied that I would be using cash. When the delivery driver arrived he informed me that he had no Change which forced me to give him a $12.00 tip. When I say I am paying in cash, I expect that the driver should be prepared with change. My overall experience was awful. I will never use grub hub again.

debr346
6/28/15

I was so excited to use Grubhub. The first time it went without a hitch. But the second time was a disaster. The food was delivered dripping through the plastic bag. It looked as if the bag had been dropped or carried upside down. I complained to GH, they said they'd get back to me. They didn't. I complained again, they said the restaurant would only reimburse me $5. However, they didn't volunteer this info, I had to contact them again to find it out. By this point I was about done with them. Then GH said they'd send me a code for a $15 coupon. It never came. They sent me a survey but no code. Contacted them again and once again they said they'd send a code. It never came. I'm done with them.

jennifert56
6/26/15

Hi, after placing my order I see that there is an up-charge using this site! One of my items was $2.00 more and the other was $1.00 more than on the restaurant's menu found on Yelp. I feel that I was taken, not a good feeling! Luckily I had a $5 coupon that off set the price difference but I see no reason to use your this site if it is going to cost more than calling and ordering from the restaurant going forward. Not cool Grub Hub!

samg57
6/23/15

First off the web site said my address didn't exist like do I live on the moon .second if you are on their help page it says at the bottom if you have unanswered questions click here and it takes you back to the page where it says are you a diner or the restaurant then it becomes a" if you want to entertain an idiot turn card over " merry-go-round. This site screwed me around for 20 mins before I gave up I am sorely dissapointed

gils20
6/23/15

It was nice to try grubhub, alas, it looks like restaurant give lower priority to orders placed by it...
It is maybe the fees.
I used them a few times, and for the most part food is late, and not as we asked.
I have food allergies, and I had to throw the food away as I do not to go through an epileptic shock...
If I just call the restaurant, I pay the same delivery fees, food is mostly on time, and always per my dietary needs...
Not going to use them anymore

lancea8
6/21/15

Local restaurant delivers but when you try and get delivery online it says deliver is not available. So you do not get to take advantage of online deals and have to pay full price. False advertisement! Not even a 1 rating.

shas39
6/16/15

if I could give zero stars I would. One star is above and beyond the services they provide. theyre supposed to be helpful but when a problem arises and you try to talk to their representative, THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU. " sorry but theres nothing we can do about that now" is a response I got. awful awful service. might as well pay your little cousin to get your food for you.

Tip for consumers: do not waste your time.

devansha
6/14/15

I ordered a 13'' sub on grubhub and instead got an 8'' sub while i was charged for the full amount. I didn't care to call them back and complaint because that would've taken another hour. So i simply chose not to use grubhub again.

brittanyj8
6/12/15

Ordered food at 6:30 said the order would arrive by 8:45 thought to myself wow that's a long time to wait but I waited it out. 9:00 rolls around and still no food had my husband call customer service they then told him that the food would arrive at 9:20. 9:20 passes still no food then we recived a voicemail saying that there was a problem with the order and they will email us a coupon REALLY!!! I will never order from Grub Hub again don't waste your time! This isn't the first time they screwed up either last time we ordered from them they took way too long and my husband ended up going to the restrurant himself and picking up our order. We thought we would give them another chance but they failed again.

laurencek5
6/12/15

Definitely the most incompetent delivery service company in New YOrk City. Fortunately there are other delivery services available. NOte that it appears GrubHub is also trying to operate under the guise of the Seamless brand. Both companies should be avoided at all costs.

racheoc
6/11/15

If I could give zero stars as a rating, I would! Waited over 2 hours to get food. Restaurant claimed it was due to traffic but looked at satellite views of traffic and no such thing at this time of night. I would not suggest ordering from grubhub!

sarab34
6/11/15

Used this service once in November of 2014 and it was confirmed by there customer service who took over 10 minutes to answer the phone when I called. Than I was told this happens a lot where people are charged and they did not order. Wtf. Than I was told it would take 72 hours to research where the payment came from and why and then another 7 to 10 days to give me my money back. I will never again use this service a second nor would I recommend that this company used to anyone else as I was advised that the same issue that occurred with me happens a lot.

saundrao
6/10/15

3 hours later and no food, no apology, no call back. We call and hubgrubb and get hung up on. We call back and they cannot figure it out. OMG and we got charged for it. Never again.

ck57
6/7/15

Seriously terrible service......2 1/2 hours to deliver food at a non peak time?
Restaurants you are going to get a bad rap if you keep using this service!
At one time Grub Hub might have been good - the company has dropped the ball!

Tip for consumers: Don't use if you want to eat anytime soon!

barclaym
6/7/15

I have placed four orders with grub hub and they have called to cancel two of them twenty minutes later. Too hit or miss to bother with again.

krisf8
6/3/15

Horrible website. I've had so many problems, places not delivering to my area even though GrubHub listed them as delivering, orders being placed wrong, GrubHub listing restaurants as open when they weren't, and my latest issue involved places being put on my credit card twice when the order never went through. Customer service didn't care at all. Definitely choose something else instead, maybe DoorDash. At least they've always been honest with me.

julianas4
5/28/15

I ordered from Crown Fried Chicken and Pizza located on 790 New Lots in Brooklyn. The restaurant did not include all the items I ordered. Upon contacting the restaurant to complain I was told to take it up with Grub Hub. I contacted Grub Hub and received the most deplorable service. Not only was their customer service horrible but they completely sided with the restaurant. The food was also horrible, it was like eating paper. I will never use these two businesses again and I will be deleting the app from my phone. Also the customer service rep at Grub Hub put her personal feelings ahead of trying to satisfy the customer and did not deliver on any of her false promises - evidence of the inability to provide anything close to customer service.

ryanl34
5/27/15

Don't use GrubHub.

I ordered food after being in a rather severe car accident that left me injured and unable to cook for myself. I received the following:

9:07 PM
Your Order Has Been Canceled
We'll refund your order in full. Stay tuned.
9:03 PM
Oh, Hey. You Called?
Looks like you dialed up our Customer Service at 9:03 PM.
8:00 PM
Your Meal Is in the Works.
It should be delivered between 8:45 PM and 8:55 PM.
7:59 PM
It's All Comin' Together.
The restaurant has your order and is ready to get cookin'.

When the food never showed up, they informed me that, oops, the restaurant cancelled the order. But they never informed me of the same during hours when I could still get food. And then, get this, the woman on the phone told me that I should write a bad review of the restaurant. Rule number one in customer service - when you make an egregious mistake and provide horrible service, do not call up the customer and tell them you did nothing wrong. Also, do not confirm an order that has been cancelled. Unbelievable.

jerryj20
5/27/15

Don't ever use this service as they can't seem to even get the simplest of orders right and then it takes 2 hours to get your food.

seang25
5/24/15

First order was to a fish grill place. I asked for no white sauce, limes and salsa on the side. Instead in the burrito was incredible amounts of white sauce, side of white sauce and no limes. Food took upwards of two hours and was walking distance from my work.
Second occasion I ordered combo 3. Bacon,avocado cheese burger, in the request box I wrote add bbq sauce and lettuce. Two hours later I gota a soggie chicken sandwich soaked in mayo and ranch. Fries were stale and they brought me diet coke rather than Dr Pepper.
Fat America is caused by being to lazy to get your own food. Get off your ass and it'll be done right

bjc1
5/24/15

grubhub use to be a great site now they are always haveing mistakes. last order they charger me 27 dollars for the order but store never got the order and they tell me to call the store on the phone.

amandac60
5/23/15

We placed our order around 8am while on vacation. It's now 10 and my family is still setting here starving to death. Save yourself the trouble, order pizza or go get something. I wish it had a negative rating to give!

seanw39
5/19/15

grubhub is terrible, said itd be an hour, its been 2 hours food still not here. stay away from them! order directly from a restuarant you know or another site. they are just terrible.

tracih9
5/16/15

I have used this service several times and yes, there have been a couple of occasions where I was not completely satisfied but upon contacting the hub grub directly they where on it immediately and there was a resolution.

sonias28
5/16/15

DO NOT GO TO THEM. I ORDED FROM THEM THEN THE NEXT DAY I HAD 6 DIFFERENT TRANSACTIONS OF 1 DOLLAR THEN ANDOTHER TRANSACTION OR 23.05 MY INITIAL PAYMENT WAS ONLY SUPPOSE TO BE 29 DOLLARS AND WHEN I CALLED THE GRUB HIB CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY SAID COMPLETE BULL $#*! AND TRIED TO BLAME IT ON ME. NEEDLESS TO THE DISPUTE PROCESS PISSED ME OFF!!!!

hannahc19
5/10/15

I have been ordering from GrubHub for over 4 years. Awesome service at the time. Took a break from delivery and since they joined with Seamless the quality of the service has dropped dramatically. I had to call 5+ times to hold someone accountable for food that was over 2 hours late. No apology, no nothing. Just "it's Mothers Day" as an excuse. The absolute worst. Then they give me a $10 grub coupon like I could ever want to order from them. The reason why I would use GrubHub was that, they would hold restaurants accountable for their actions. That's changed and they lost my business forever.

finnr2
5/10/15

1st order not delivered, called 2 hours after delivery window and said they were out of both items ordered.

2nd order not delivered, called 1 hour after delivery window and said that the restaurant is closed.

I was dumb to use them the second time. My bad.

grubh
5/9/15

First time I used them. Also the last. Driver was a jerk. Spilled food all over the bag. Total waste of money.

melissae15
5/6/15

I ordered my food at 5:39 pm, after I submitted payment and got my confirmation it showed it would be delivered between 7:20-7:30 pm. Then a few minutes later I received an email that it would be delivered sooner (6:50 pm). WRONG! I called at 7:20 and the gal told me that the driver would be there in 10-12 mins, when I asked why it was taking so long she said that they were low on drivers then tried to blame the restaurant that they were busy. It's Wednesday night, really? I did get a 50% refund. Then when my food arrived, not only was the food cold, my drinks were hot (like they had been sitting in a car in the 80 degree Texas heat), but the order was incomplete. So I get online to chat with customer service and the delivery service only approved them to refund part of my order, they are not authorized to refund all of it. She did send me a coupon for $10 on my next order. Why in the world would I want to order from you again? BS, I'm now contacting the delivery company and stopping payment on my credit card. This is the worst, do not ever use Grub Hub. I even point blank told them that if the 3rd party delivery service is causing these types of issues, it reflects upon their business. You might want to rethink this if you plan to make money.

chrisf67
4/30/15

I will never use this site again. It took 2 hours for the place to even recieve my order. Plus they sent in the wrong order. This is the worst site I have ever used and if you want a pleasant experience I would choose another way of ordering your food

jeffreyg19
4/26/15

After reading all the terrible reviews I thought I might never see my dinner, however my order came 30 minutes earlier than the ETA. Pleasantly surprised. This was in Orange County, CA.

steviey
4/24/15

I tried ordering from grub hub and it sent my food to the wrong address. Thrice. This is unacceptable and it feels like they are playing with my money. Their delivery system is flawed an should still be in beta. If you are a customer and feel wronged by them, please join me in boycotting them.

Tip for consumers: PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE. YOU ARE BETTER OFF CALLING THE RESTAURANT THEMSELVES.

emiliar2
4/23/15

Just to add to the other reviews I should have read before using this horrible delivery service. Over 2 hours later and no food!! Been on hold for over 20 minutes and chatting with their customer service with no resolution

ck54
4/22/15

they lie about delivery time, tell the same stories when your food is late and never refund your cold meals. grub hub sucks. bad.

judahr
4/21/15

This a terrible food delivery service. They should be banned in every state across the United States. I have used this app about 10 times and 3 of the times I never even got my food! What kind of crap is that? Besides this, they have never once been on time! I would steer clear of this shady business if I were any of you considering using this place to deliver food.

maryb166
4/15/15

Long story short:
We ordered and after 2 hours, didn't receive a call; we called Sarpinos, they kept us on hold for 20 min, and then claimed they didn't reveive our order. Don't order here, I promise you it's not worth your time.

sarahg64
4/9/15

You guys won't let me change my address so I'm never using this website again it always is a hassle

anh-kimn
4/5/15

It seems that either Grubhub, or the restaurants themselves, source their delivery services out to a third-party company in this area and it is NOT working out in their favor lol. They need to find another delivery service or drastically change something with their business model because this is not the first time my food has arrived late unfortunately. If you look at all of the other Grubhub reviews on this site then they can attest to this (I'm glad I'm not the only one)!

I ordered food at 6:03pm tonight. Immediately received an email letting me know that my food would not arrive until 7:00-7:10pm. Seemed normal.

7:15 rolls around, I get worried and there haven't been any new updates through text on my phone or through email. So I log back in to the Grubhub site to find the following status on my order, "Delivery Time 7:46 PMish"... LOL yes, that's right, they actually said "PMish." I should have known that was going to be a bad sign LOL.

SO, 8:45PM rolls around and still no word. I end up sending an email to Grubhub to cancel my order. I end up ordering pizza at 8:45, which ends up getting to my house in less than half an hour...

peedeeg
4/5/15

i called grubhub for food at 1135 and told the food is going to be delivered by 1235. morever my credit card was charged. after it did not arrive by 135 i tried calling the restaurant multiple times ..... then i called grubhub and finally got to them at 235.... and they told me oh yeah.... restaurant is closed. plwase be grateful we are refunding your money bacvk and have 2 dollars on us. wow....... lady has no clue what sorry or customer service means.... when i asked i would like to speak to a superior i am still on hold for another 19 mins and counting...... i used to use them for last 2 months and if that is their attitude for loyal customers wonder what is going to happen to new customers..... i will never use them again...... and willl spread the message to never use them again. more to come on fb.

elvisb19
4/3/15

We ordered at 8:00 pm and it is now 9:54 pm and no food yet. We just called the restaurant and according to them, they received the order but didn't 'confirm' it. Who really knows what went wrong. The moral to this story is don't use GrubHub. I didn't like the way the restaurant handled it either. I would give this app zero stars if that were an option because right now I have zero food.

richardb143
3/28/15

Web site was easy to use -- placed my order and got a prompt e-mail promising that my food would arrive in 60 - 70 minutes.

Two hours later it still hadn't arrived. The web site has a feature to allow one to check on the status of the order -- the status was that my food 'should have arrived.' It directed me to call the restaurant directly and gave me a number. The number was to a local delivery service called CinciBites. I called them and they said I had to call GrubHub directly, which I did. I was on hold over ten minutes on their customer service line. When an associate finally answered, she checked with my restaurant and told me that my order had been canceled because there is no driver. The associate said the restaurant either texted or e-mailed me. That makes no sense, since it was GrubHub that charged my credit card. So, obviously, if the restaurant canceled the order they would have called GrubHub and told them 'don't charge his card.' I think the GrubHub associate who helped me was lying.

bonniel23
3/26/15

It use to be convenient and a great instant experience until i had an issue. My debit card was charged twice for one order and the guy on the phone suggested it was an authorization charge. Thats funny Because the authorization charge is only a dollar. In the same moment, $23 went through and They were very persistent in saying that they did not see two charges on their end. I waited about five minutes hold five minutes hold. It was a very unprofessional experience. I order from them all the time never had a problem until today, they are incapable of handling problems. I would like to be credited the $23 and now I'll never use your site again because your marketing is very different from your staff. Thanks a lot

jessicar40
3/24/15

Placed an order for Chinese, was informed it would take about 60 minutes. Restaurant called 60 minutes later asking me questions on my order, which was pretty basic. Said they hadn't even started the order yet. Told them to cancel it. Was still charged. Was just showing up as an authorization on my card, so wasn't to worried about it. Contacted GrubHub the day it went from authorization to charge - 2 days later. Was informed that because the order was "so long ago" there was nothing they could do. Finally consented to giving me free grubhub money for a future order...a whopping $10 on a $30 order! Never using grubhub again, and disputing it with my bank.

Tip for consumers: NOT WORTH IT!!! CALL THE RESTAURANT DIRECTLY. GRUBHUB WILL SCREW YOU OVER THE FIRST CHANGE THEY GET!

meredithb4
3/18/15

We just did our first order with GrubHub. We ordered food at 7:20pm from a restaurant through GrubHub. At 8:30pm, Grubhub called us to let us know that the restaurant was closed, and that we would not get our food. We could not understand why 1) that restaurant was on the list of GrubHub restaurants, and that they were not aware that this restaurant was no longer open and 2) why it took them over 1 hour after we ordered our food to let us know that it was closed. Poor service- we will not use GrubHub again.

jessem49
3/15/15

I ordered through grub hub one time. Took 2 hours for my food to show up. I was on chat with grub hub trying to cancel my order when the food finally showed up. I was told by the rep she was going to apply a credit to my account. That never happened. I will not order from grub hub again. I would rather just throw a frozen pizza in the oven. It won't be good, but at least I know when I'll get it.

Tip for consumers: Order way in advance. Don't expect service reps to know anything about your order. They will have to call you back.

rachelb44
3/14/15

Ordered sushi from sushi Tom in Weston, fl. Order came incorrect and late. The grub hub driver took the order back, called to tell me the restaurant was closed, and didn't bring the incorrect order back to my house. After I called, the driver showed up half an hour later with one sushi roll missing (which was there when he tried to deliver it before).

ugk
3/7/15

I got a promo code for $7 off for first time user. But it didn't work. Talked with a customer service person for 30 mins but was not helpful at all. Total waste of time and this seems to be a total scam. Do not order from this site!

Tip for consumers: Do not order from this site!

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Does it always take the estimated time for the food to arrive?
2/15/15
Answer
deec26
A: I've never had food delivered in the estimated time. It always takes much longer. Once in a while, I would get a call advising me of the delay but it still didn't arrive in the estimated time. I've given up using GrubHub at all. Best advice is to call the restaurant directly.
5/17/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: How do I add a review?
5/14/15
Answer
anthonya35
A: Click on "write review" at the top.
5/19/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

GrubHub?