US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

janaiw

Grubhub is unorganized, unreliable and they have poor customer service. (in 86 reviews)

chansea

I placed an order at 5:30 and it said it'd be here at 6:54. (in 274 reviews)

vanessaa10

It took 2 hours for a grilled cheese to be delivered. (in 44 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

louiso86
2/5/16

Took my money and the order didn't go through. Awful woman on the phone told me the site was experiencing glitches and I would be refunded. I wasn't. And no one will pickup the phone or answer the live chat. What a bust. NEVER AGAIN.

brianah4
2/5/16

Grubhub never pushed my order through, gave me confirmation AND TOOK MY MONEY and I called the food place after it had been well over the delivery time and they never received the notification from Grubhub. I tried to call the customer service line and it rings once then beeps like it's disconnected. What kind of a business boasts 24/7 support but has a disconnected line??? Then I tried to "chat" and still haven't received a response. After I tried to communicate with them, I magically received a confirmation that my order was placed and was given another hour delivery time. I will NEVER use this service again and will direct business to orderup instead.

briand84
2/5/16

I'm not saying anything negative about the food I ordered. However I ordered Chinese food at 5:56pm, it said time of arrival would be around 6:45-6:55pm.... 7:05pm rolls around and I get a text message saying order was just confirmed and it'll take ANOTHER 45 minutes before we get out food. I realize it's only food and I'm not going to starve, but really? This is stupid and I'm not ordering through this place anymore.

amyd57
2/5/16

At first I liked the service. Even though it was expensive you got what you asked for. The last 3 out of four times items were missing. A good business should offer a full refund but they just offer to refund the missing items only and give you credit to order grub hub food rather than money back. Your meal is ruined and you have to use their terrible service again to get any money back. I will not be using them again

caryns3
2/3/16

Worst customer service ever. Had a girl Erica that worked there screw up my order. We ordered for a school luncheon the night before so it would be ready for our early lunch- She did not relay to the restaurant this was a pre-order for the next day and sent a delivery driver out to empty school building at 9:00 pm!

joec142
2/2/16

-0- integrity as a business.
Restaurant is not at fault
This business will rip you off

feliciaw20
1/30/16

2.5 hours after ordering, my food had not yet arrived I contacted someone via chat to check on the order. They told me that the order would be there shortly. I wait and check back to track my order and it says it has been delivered, so I call. They said it showed that it had been delivered and that they are going to contact management and give me a call back. No one calls back, so I call again (it has now been 3.5 hours), after being on hold for 15 min someone finally answers and tells me that the driver waited outside for 20 min and tried calling, but something was wrong with the phone. I asked why they did not come to the door and they replied that at this time of night they do not feel comfortable with that! They then proceed to tell me that I will not be getting my food and they will issue a refund. I want the food not the money! I told her that I will no longer be a customer and she just replies with okay. A manager should have contacted me! Guess I am going to bed hungry and angry.

julianao1
1/29/16

I'm absolutely disappointed with my experience tonight. I ordered pizza, which was prepared and ready to be picked up at the restaurant at 7:33 pm and was not picked up until 9:36pm. I refused to accept old pizza that has been sitting on a counter for TWO HOURS at full price ($44). After calling customer service and being on hold for over 14 minutes I was rewarded $4 back and $5credit to use on future order. Well, grub hub, there will be no next order. Keep you $5 credit.

jordana27
1/25/16

I have used Grubhub many times and thought I was a really good customer. Guess Grubhub doesn't care how good of a customer you are though. The first time I had a problem with them charging me twice for the same food. I called in a few days later and Grubhub says they "can't do anything about it and it's too late to be reimbursed even with Grubhub credit." I filed a dispute and got my money back. Easy, but it took some extra time that Grubhub could have spent handling the problem. I also have been experiencing a difference between pricing on Grubhub and restaurant pricing. Grubhub has charged me a few extra dollars on some occasions. I call back a few days later and guess what the response is? "Can't do anything about it and it's too late to be reimbursed." Wow, well if Grubhub can't fulfill my order correctly after I have already exchanged my money for its service/product, then it seems like Grubhub has little integrity, little customer service, and a plan to rip off their customers. My advice...if you have a problem with how Grubhub is charging you then file a dispute with your bank. Usually the bank will solve your problem.

chadm23
1/23/16

Food ridiculously late, all kind of up charges, don't use this service

lauram147
1/22/16

Grubhub is a godsend on busy nights (or lazy nights). Never had a bad experience and I've used them many times! I live in Tempe now, but used to live in the Chicago suburbs and have used grubhub in both locations with nothing but great service! Love that they give you little status/time updates for your order. Great service!! Thanks grub hub!

heatherw44
1/21/16

My husband and I just moved to a new location and still living in boxes. We get hungry and so we try grubhub for the first time. When I put my order in I specified to have the driver have $12.00 in cash. I only had a $50 and didn't want to use my card. Food arrives and the driver starts he does not have the change and was never told to have the cash. He could only gather $5, therefore he got over a $14 tip. Called grubhub about the complaint, they called the restaurant which stated the driver said he gave us the correct change. Grubhub gave me the number to the restaurant. I called never got an answer, even left a voicemail and never got a call back. Called grubhub again who stated they would take care of it and never received a call back. I know $7 may not be a lot of money to some, but I'm a disabled vet and every dollar counts.

traceye10
1/21/16

I'm in Dallas. I used to use GrubHub often. Over the past year to year and a half, they have been horrible. They usually offer a small credit when they drop the ball, but who wants to order when it takes sooo long to receive food. Hire drivers so you can serve your customers!

allies19
1/19/16

I will never ever order from grubhub. THEY ARE THE WORST business I have ever dealt with. I had to file a claim with my credit card company because they are refusing to refund me my money. We ordered 3 breakfast burritos (1 veggie), fries and 2 coffees. What we got was 1 burrito(with fries ketchup 1 sausage and 1 fried egg), a breakfast croissant sandwich, fries with beef and avocado (both ad ons). I called immediately to get a refund as this just wasn't what we ordered. Grubhub said that they offer refunds through the restaurant and had to call the restaurant (roxie) to get a refund. The grubhub woman came back on the phone saying she could only refund me 1 breakfast burrito. I sent her pictures of the order and I called roxie, the owner bill apologized and said he would give me a full refund. When I informed the grubhub woman she said she would have to confirm with bill and supposedly called him back. When she gets back on the phone she says that Bill said he never offered me a full refund and that I could still only get 1 burrito credit back. I spoke with a grubhub manager and after much back and forth (over and hr on the phone) he agreed to give me a full refund. I call Bill at roxie to ask why he lied to grubhub and he said that he told grubhub I would get a full refund.I thought the issue was over until I get an email from Shamekia from grubhub asking more questions about the order. Another employee marques responds saying that I can only be refunded 1 sandwich as I only requested 1 item of my meal vegetarian. Not addressing the fact that we didn't receive half of what we ordered, or the fact that 2 people at this point have told me that I would get a full refund. DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jamess352
1/18/16

I will never use GrubHub again. I had a "heroin looking" $#*! delivery woman yell at me because she had been trying to call me for 30 minutes to say that she had arrived. My phone hadn't rung once, and her cricket phone looked like it had seen better days. The food was subpar and grubhub did nothing about it when I called to complain. I couldn't even rate the restaurant because the bastards removed the ability to write reviews. They won't get another dime of my money.

tracyp28
1/16/16

I ordered, received a confirmation that the order was received by restaurant, received another that delivery would come between 9 and 9:15. At 9:11 I received an email and text that the order was cancelled due to a the restaurant closing, which it certainly had not. I drove down to the restaurant and not only had they not received the order, they weren't even partners with GrubHub.

jamess351
1/16/16

1/16/16 at 5.30 pm the wife and I ordered Pizzaria Uno in Pickerington Ohio.through GrubHub.
2hrs after ordering we tried to call the restaurant to inquire about the order. After 10 min of busy signals I call another location to possibly have a manager call an unlisted back line to have that store call us. Guess what? The Pickerington store has closed it's doors.
Now to call GrubHub. Got nothing but "Blah Blah ....We're so sorry. WE SENT YOU AN E-MAIL AT 5:35". What no phone call? How long till our CC charges are reversed? Up to a week? Tee-Total Bull$#*!.
NEVER USE GRUBHUB

karent58
1/15/16

I am surprised that GrubHub is still in business. I waited for over 2 hrs for them to tell me that the restaurant never received my order despite GrubHub sending me a confirmation email with a delivery time. GrubHub offered to have the restaurant fulfill my order and I would get it in...1 1/2 hrs. No thank you! I will NEVER use them again. They should be put out of business.

jonathant34
1/15/16

I have had numerous instances where I attempted to pay via PayPal and the payment “failed.” I have no idea why as nothing was wrong with my PayPal account, and Grubhub seemingly didn’t even make any attempt to process the payment just declined it outright. I’d try again later or use an alternative method and there were no issues. But this could really leave someone with egg on their face if Paypal is their only option and they get put on the spot to order something.

On another note, a lot of the places that use Grubhub are hole in the wall type establishments that if people haven’t used before they’d be unlikely to have ever heard of. I was surprised by the absence of big name local restaurants. One place that is considered a “landmark.” was not on the list, so I had to go through a lot of trial and error by using places I never heard of and hoping they were good. When they were they’d become sort of like a default that I might use again due to having at least some familiarity with them. Another problem was the inclusion of places that don’t deliver and are “phone order only.” Although its Grubhub’s decision it sort of defeats the purpose of the service. At least for people looking for delivery.

mc450
1/15/16

Gubhub used to be great to order from and in the past they were always responsive to any concerns--NOT anymore.

Been trying for several days to get them to reverse fraudulent charges which were generated from their system. When I contacted them there were 4 fraudulent charges. Not only did they not correct those charges (and have not done so to date) but they allowed TWO additional charges from OTHER clients to be charged to my credit card. DO NOT let them store your credit card info (and you have to make sure you uncheck the store credit card info box) and DON'T use a credit card on their site either. Personally I am taking it a step further and not doing business with them again-EVER.

craigt28
1/14/16

I received a totally wrong order and have now waited almost two hours for my food. They blame the restaurant...but they need to take responsibility for poor delivery.

chintsv
1/10/16

PLACe your order is not working

amys114
1/9/16

Ordered on a very snowy night and wanted food from the usal restaurants that deliver and not Chinese food. ORdered from RUB. It was delicious and the service was good and very nice.

katiem61
1/9/16

I have ordered three or four times using GrubHub as my delivery service. Almost every time except for once did I get the same delivery guy. The experience has always been the same with this guy. He calls me up when he is close, asking for my help to direct him on where my apartment complex is. As soon as I start to answer he interrupts me with ranting and raving. Every further attempt I make to give him directions he, again, immediately interrupts me with more crazy and useless babbling. All I needed to say is, "Sir, you are already at the right location,". However, this goes on for a couple of minutes before he will allow me a few seconds to say this sentence. He ends up wasting both of our time by taking out his frustrations on me. I do not understand why his GPS isn't sufficient for him. I never had a problem finding the place with the GPS intructions the first time I arrived there. Furthermore, he will not listen to simple instructions even though he asks for them every time. Lastly, he has been to this location several times already, with just me as a customer, and he still acts like this is his first time every time. He did apologize the last time for getting short with me, but he probably doesn't remember that I have already had this same experience with him two or three times now. That will be my last order with GrubHub Delivery. I cannot keep on having this same hostile experience with this guy who doesn't appear to channel his frustrations in an appropriate manner. I used to work at one of the most despised call centers around. So I know what it is like to experience hateful, disrespectful, and misplaced anger from customers. However, I understood that was a part of the job, and I didn't carry that emotion and frustration over into my next phone call. He should not be getting away with this every time.

patriciac88
1/6/16

We ordered Chuys and love it however this is the second time we have used Grub hub and the second time out hot food was cold! It took well over an hour to get out food. Not happy and will not use them again.
Plano TX

robertr165
1/2/16

once again the food never arrived. do not use grubhub.

peterb131
12/31/15

Grubhub was once great to do business with in Dallas. Over the past year they have fallen to terrible service levels. They use some kind of delivery service based in Boston that can't tell the difference between east coast and central time. When there's a problem (and there ALWAYS is) the dellivery services says to call Grubhub and Grubhub says to call the delivery service. In the end, no food gets delivered and the family eats leftovers. Sorry excuse for a restaurant network service -- use YELP instead!!

serenityr
12/30/15

Well to start the website kept automatically changing my address but I just let it go and was going to write the actual address in the delivery options, but I was speaking to a friend about it and she told me that the only time she ordered from GrubHub they delivered her food to another house. After reading the reviews I decided it was in my best interest to just cancel my order.

jl105
12/28/15

LAST NIGHT IT TOOK AN HOUR TO DELIVER! TONIGHT THEIR DELIVERY DRIVERS GIRLFRIEND RIPPED DOWN OUR HOLIDAY DECORATIONS! ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE PEOPLE AND SERVICE

janaiw
12/27/15

As a first time customer you think that this would be a fairly nice thing to try.WRONG!!!

Grubhub is unorganized, unreliable and they have poor customer service. I ordered food around 7:50 pm and i was told originally that it would be here no later than 9:07 pm. I did not worry about it. Once that hour past I started to wonder where my food was.

By 10:30 pm I called customer service and the only contact they had was to the restaurant who told me that my food was sent out at 9pm. But it doesn't stop there. They offered me a $5 credit toward my next meal. Then asked me to give it sometime.

11:45 came and they still did not deliver my food. I called once more abd they lady told me they dont have a way to contact the delivery person which is ironic because this a delivery company. She did not refund my money but simply gave me another credit for $10.

If this is how grubhub runs its business they are going no where very fast.I will never order from grubhub again.

briand77
12/22/15

We love the Couch Tomato Cafe. It's the best Cafe in Philly! We order from there at least once a week, and it's always great!!!

tonyj33

Great I love it

tm79
12/22/15

My order was supposedly delivered. However I never received anything. I'm happy I ate a large breakfast this morning since I'll be going the rest of the day without lunch.

Now I'll have to check my card and make sure the money is refunded.

Horrible for a first time customer.

One star for customer service. At least I'm getting a refund w/o a huge run around (hopefullly).

endymionn
12/21/15

Was given a coupon to a local restaurant for first time users. They claim it was only valid for the first 10 people, though it said nothing on the coupon about that. When I called, the condescending girl offered to read me the small print that conveniently happened to NOT be on the coupon. Then, even though I was potentially a first time customer, offered no discount for my trouble. Let me tell you guys something - an apology for how much your policies suck is not an excuse for customer service. No thanks.

Tip for consumers: Go to eat24.com. Much better support.

cindyt28
12/18/15

This people are not customer care...they are protect grub hub. From the very beginning, James told me grubhub is only a technology platform...all issues belong to the restaurant or delivery service. COME ON...I'm paying you...take some responsibility!

They screwed up my order not once, but twice and still offered nothing. When I finally got a "manager" Carolyn. about it not being grubhub's fault, I let her know that uber was also just a technology platform but they take responsibility for their drivers and cars. Carolyn's comment to me? "I don't take public transportation." REALLY?

I think that sums it up! I will not order from them again. In fact, the idiot James told me they use "dining in" in Dallas for delivery...why shouldn't we just go thru them?!

ds135
12/17/15

I decided to use the services before i read the reviews. I then decided to read the reviews and began feeling iffy about the service. I read so many negative reviews that made me almost cancel the order. Being me and not following the crowd, i decided to wait and see for myself. I placed my order at 1:40 PM and was given an ETA between 2:24 PM - 2:34 PM. My order was delivered in my office at 2:30 PM. I am very satisfied with the service.

katrinar11
12/16/15

We didn't know that GrobHub was a extern delivery company of the restaurant we ordered.
Their food was ready after 30 minutes but they picked it up after more than one hour.
We recieved the finished food cold, 45 minutes afer producing and 30 minutes after our estimated delivery time.
In addition there was no accomodation from GrobHub's side regarding the delay.

I would highly recommend you to only order there if your very flexible and don't want cold food.

jamiew43
12/14/15

I put in 6 different promo codes and not a single one would work so i called customer service and the girl tells me, well they've reached their limit. Ok so everyone else got their deal but because I'm last i line, they refuse to honor their so called promo..
What a joke. I asked the lady if there was anything at all they would do to help me and she said no not at this time. What kind of customer service is that? I want to unsubscribe now!!! You will never ever ever get my service and i promise to tell every single person i know or see on the street not to bother with grub hub!!!! I wish i could swear because i seriously have some choice words

annag59
12/13/15

I ordered my food and was given a time frame of about 90 minutes. I received an email update saying my food was being prepared about 20 minutes later. Another 10-15 minuets after that I was called by grub hub saying my order was cancled and sorry for the inconvenience then the dude hung up. I didn't get a name or anything else before the phone hung up. There was no explanation or anything. My card was charged and I have yet to have the refund

sask13
12/12/15

I received a door promotion coupon $15 off which has expiration date of 1/20/2016. Coupon simply did not work when I try to order online. So I just called the customer service 8775851085 and talked to the Lady who put me on brief hold and after few minutes she said that manager is aware of this issue and they have so many calls that people's coupon are not working. They simply ran out the promotion although coupon is valid. Dah!!!! Why would I ever even order from here? I wish they have 0 Star. Lol!

lukes42
12/12/15

Simply ordered, and no food came

brianl72
12/10/15

DO NOT USE THIS APP!! I ordered food twice, and the restaurant claimed they never received the order, yet I was charged both times and had to wait 2-3 hours for food. This app sounds good on paper, but they clearly haven't worked out the kinks yet.

tabins
12/7/15

I decided to use GrubHub under the impression that their service is great and convenient. Found out they are undependable and inconvenient. Order was EXTREMELY late. Do I blame the food establishment? No. GrubHub put in the wrong address and yes, the establishment went there instead of the correct place. Will I use them again? No. In a nice way of putting it.

jasonr73
12/6/15

I had some visitors On a Saturday night and I ordered some food from a restaurant nearby and paidc $45 for the order.. Minutes later I get a text that my order was cancelled. I called customer service to inquire about my order and he said that the restaurant was closed and I will get my money refunded in 48hours to my card. I tried to explain to him that I used the money left on my card and I did not have extra money to spare.. He said he can give me a free grubhub for $ 5 dollars and when I expressed my frustration he just hang up the phone on me. I had to order pizza that night and ended up paying $35 to my bank for overdraft fees.. How can such a company charge you for an order if the restaurant is closed. And why can not they refund your money right away.. I will never use this company again and will just call the restaurant by myself next time. This place is a joke and a big scam.

brians179
12/6/15

First time user and visiting Dallas, I saw an advertisement for Grub Hub. My wife and I decided to give it a try. We ordered from a restaurant with a five star review. We were told our order was 100 mins out after our order was placed, but decided to stick with it. Our ordered was delivered 30 mins sooner than quoted, but incomplete. My wife's entire meal was missing. I called the number provided on the invoice. After speaking with Brittany, I was told the only thing that could be done was to have have our original request fulfilled. I asked to speak with a manager and Brittany said she was the manager. I said, so you're okay with a one star review then? And she said yes, you're an "American and can do what you want". I was upset now and said, so that's what you're sticking with? You don't care that your restaurant is getting a one star review? She said, "well, it's not my restaurant, and you're an adult who can do what you want". When I tried to respond, she hung up on me. I found the number for Grub Hub's customer service, and called and spoke to Whitney. She was polite, and at least courteous. She said she would apply a $10 credit to my account and call the restaurant to see if they would comp the entree. I was happy she was at least was respectful. I received a text about five minutes later that said since the entree was being sent out again, the restaurant would not comp the entree. The entree took another 50 minutes to arrive, even though we were told it would be 25 minutes. I'm a first time, last time Grub Hub user. I will not be using my $10 credit.

kiab2
12/6/15

I don't get why this company even exists... They advertise that you can order from ANY restaurant, but when I go to use their crappy app the only restaurants I can order from are ones that ALREADY deliver. It's the 21st Century and somehow there's no company that exists who can bring you food from a non-delivery restaurant. If I could give zero stars I would.

joellenp
12/4/15

I placed an order, it was going to take an hour for delivery which is fine. I went about my business and when it was time for the delivery I sat down to check my emails. In my emails was a message from GrubHub that my order had been cancelled due to the restaurant changing something. Why didn't they call me? I gave my phone number when I registered. So I called them to voice my complaint and they didn't care. They didn't ask my name or anything else. They did say they were sorry but I could tell the guy I was talking to really didn't care one way or the other. It is also going to take 3-4 days to get my money refunded to my bank account. They said this was a bank problem, not theirs. I would have appreciated a phone call.

cashc15
12/3/15

Zuma sushi! Atlanta You can now order delivery directly from the restaurant. !!!

jessicam155
12/2/15

Although customer service was nice and i was refunded of delivery fee and deliver tip but i am handicap and i specifically wrote on the instructions to buzz my apartment number i get a call from the man saying im outside i asked him to buzz he said he couldn't see a buzzer i said he was in the wrong place he insisted he was in the right spot so i go out side in the freezing rainy weather mind you each time i go outside i have to wrestle my way up stairs so he is not outside once again like he had said so i come back inside send my 8 yr old daughter whom isnt handicap to see if she sees him outside she didnt so she came back in i called the man once more and he said he was in the back of the building and i would have to come outside so i had to wrestle my way upstairs AGAIN walk make may way all the way around the other side of the building which isnt close at all mind you its freezing and raining and my 8 and 6 year old children are inside our home when i finally go to him he stared at me after giving me my food waiting for a tip i just turned around and walked away thanks to the customer service but i will never us grub hub in Madison WIi due to the man who delivered my food 30 minutes late and turned convenience into more of a chore then going ot to eat!

davidm357
12/2/15

Ordered at 11:14pm and was told delivery would be 11:45-11:55. Got my food at 11:35 and it is amazing! Food is hot, delivery is quick, nothing out of order here. Would suggest using this service to anyone!!

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 weeks ago
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
12/31/15
Answer
gloriap19
A: You can use any credit card associated with your account.
1/1/16