US Government's NSF

support@groupon.com

944 Reviews for Groupon.com

Review Highlights

robertf1

“Where is the Group On coupon?” Dan Abushanab demands.

natc1

I paid for my voucher and my order was never fulfilled.

alext4

Not enough customer demand means it's down here from there.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

liveyh
9/18/14

Still waiting on a product I ordered 2 months ago... Not to mention they sent me a broken product and will not refund or exchange it. By the way. It would not let me give it 1 star, though I think it should receive ZERO.

Tip for consumers: Don't use.

louiser23
9/18/14

Have ordered two separate products over 2 months ago , have not received them , got in contact with groupon and company that were ment to send the items and they have no clue . I will never order from groupon again

justind43
9/17/14

Disappointed is an understatement. I ordered a (Garmin NOH Approach S3 Golf Watch) watch from them and have been waiting for 16 days. I finally contacted them today and was told they were busy and had no clue when it would arrive or if it had been sent. They offered me a refund and I took it. Groupon should have contacted me at the very least to let me know my package would not arrive on time. Worst part is the watch was a birthday gift for my fathers 60th birthday which has now past.

I would never order another item from this company again.

Tip for consumers: If you do order from this site do not order an item that has to be delivered. I know others that purchase coupons and they don't typically have issues.

If you want to order actual items Please, I beg you, use Amazon or anyone else for that matter...

raymondd13
9/17/14

I ordered an item that was supposed to be shipped in 7 to 12 days. More than 3 weeks has passed and it is waiting for "FULL FILLMENT". They offer good deals but it takes forever to get it shipped. If I ever do get my product it will be the last thing I order from Groupon. Do yourself a favor and shop someplace else. Either that or have some blood pressure meds on hand.

Tip for consumers: Find another retailer!!!

laurak47
9/16/14

I think Groupon are ok for days out and experiences etc, but branching out into items is useless if they can not help when something is wrong. I bought some speakers and when they arrived they did not work. I sent them back expecting to receive a replacement only to hear nothing at all. I called them one week later and was told they would give me a refund but Groupon do not give replacements. Do not give replacements?? I bought something that was faulty, why would I not get a replacement?? What was worse, they no longer had them available on line so I couldn't even re-order. I sent back the faulty one, as far as I am concerned they should have made sure I got what I bought from them. I will not be buying any items off groupon again as its not worth the risk of it not working!! Its crazy and completely floored!!

shalag
9/15/14

Got an email this morning that I had tried to purchase over $400 worth of merchandise from Groupon. I called them to let them know it was fraudulent and they asked me what I wanted them to do about it! I explained that I knew I needed to change my password but they needed to be informed that there was fraudulent activity. The gal then proceeded to tell me I had made an accidental "pocket purchase." I said that wasn't possible so she put me on hold to go check with her supervisor. Yep, they agreed with her - I had made a pocket purchase. Ummm…not even remotely possible. I would have had to pocket enter my pass code to unlock my phone, pocket click the folder where the app is, pocket click the app, pocket select 3 items and then pocket confirm and pocket enter my 8-character password. Yeah, I don't think so!

sruthip
9/14/14

I had done a booking on 12th Sept'14 for 2 nights and 2 rooms in Lymond House, Ooty through Groupon. I also received 4 vouchers for the same, the same day.
But those vouchers didn't have the check-in date. So just to confirm on that, when i called up the customer care on 15th Sept , that's when got to know that the booking is not confirmed because rooms weren't available. The Customer care executive was also not willing to transfer my booking to some other hotel available in Groupon for the same dates even though the other hotel had few rooms available.
Noone from groupon ever called ma or mails me , letting me know that the booking isn't confirmed.

I was in an assumption that the booking is already confirmed and that's the reason i was not looking for any other hotels. 20-21 Sept, being a weekend, now I am having difficulty in getting good hotels in Ooty and my booking amount Rs12000 is also stuck with Groupon for 6-7 working days. Its has completely ruined my vacation plans. Really pathetic customer service.

ivyf8
9/12/14

The deals always look great, but I got terrible deals once in a while, e.g. the product quality was inferior. But just not my luck. They tried their best.

nick902
9/12/14

Groupon..groupon..groupon.. Where do I start? If the thousands of terrible customer reviews all over the internet aren't enough to get the attention of the idiotic CEO to make proper changes to this fraud of a company, what will? How does a company like this continue on? It's the same story that you and I have gone through time and time again. Plain and simple Groupon possesses the most awful, unprofessional, unwelcomed , unbelievably lousy customer service in man kind ever encountered. The employees act as if you are bothering them by simply acquiring as to know information pertaining to any purchase you the customer has made; they will have attitude and sigh when they have to lift one finger to do anything. Most of the time the 'customer service representive' will reply to almost any question you may have with "I don't know", they won't even try. The wait time to recieve your package could be an upwards of 2+ months! Not to mention the ridiculous wait times to even come in verbal contact with a representative, 30-40 minutes. Let's see how long a company of such low quality will last, shall we?

Tip for consumers: Spend your hard earned money else where.

nicoles58

Customer By Web Form 09/08/2014 07:15 AM

Hello,

I purchased a pair of Lady Gaga Beats earphones as of late the left side headphone is not working. I purchased it on Feb. 14, 2014 through Groupon.
I was advised by Groupon to reach out to you to have them repaired.

Hello Nicole,

Thank you for contacting Beats by Dr. Dre Support.

I understand that you are having issues with your Beats that were purchased from Groupon.

I regret to inform you that Groupon is not an authorized retailer of our products.

In order to resolve these issues with your headphones, I would advise contacting the retailer/seller to see what they can do for replacement.

As the retailer is not authorized we cannot confirm if these are authentic Beats headphones or not, and would not be able to offer warranty service.

I can definitely understand any frustration that this causes, and I sincerely apologize for that inconvenience.

If you’re suspicious that your Beats by Dr. Dre product is not the genuine article, there are steps you can take to get help.

• Contact the seller and try to return the Beats for a full refund.
• Call your credit card company and ask for an immediate “charge back” or “reversal of charges.”
• If you bought it through a platform or payment service like eBay or Paypal, report the counterfeit seller to them.
• In the U.S. you can report counterfeit product to the FBI using their Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) reporting form.
• If the headphones were shipped via U.S. Mail, you can also report the seller/ sender to the U.S. Postal Inspectors, using their reporting tool.

Be aware that the only Beats by Dre website is http://www.beatsbydre.com/

You can find our authorized retailers list at http://www.beatsbydre.com/support/buying/authorized-retailers.html

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Daniel Z.

Beats by Dr. Dre™ Support
1-800-442-4000
Hours of Operation
6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. PST
Seven Days a Week
www.beatsbydre.com/support

Tip for consumers: Avoid - when it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

yingh2
9/12/14

I have made many purchases from Groupon. I have never had a problem with it so far. I asked for a couple of returns in the past and got them really quickly. I would recommend the site to everyone else.

ravindrak
9/12/14

A real pathetic customer complaint handling Co. Avoiding approach thinking it will be resolved.
I have been chasing them since 14th Jul'14, called them 50 times, sent mails, no response. On phone they say your call important but get s disconnected after 2.14 sec. I was promised 3 times seniors will call but no call till date.
They issue vouchers without commitment of honouring by merchants.
The products shown on site and actual also varies in terms of colour and size.
Totally unfriendly customer management approach by co. officials.

Tip for consumers: Be careful when you buy products online as customer management vvvv poor and approach not customer friendly.

chewyl
9/11/14

Worst customer service ever. Be careful if you buy electronics from them. I bought a tablet and it turned out to be defective, now they won't take it back. They aren't interested in actually helping their customers, just selling crap.

Tip for consumers: Go to ebay, or amazon, will find great deals, and won't have to deal with these people.

saral23
9/10/14

HUGE complaint with Groupon today. I ordered a camera via Groupon on Aug. 31st (the deal is still available) and got an email confirming that it was "on it's way" on Sept. 2cd. I still have no camera as of today and when I went to check tracking, a label had been created by the seller, but no package was ever provided to be shipped with the label. After waiting for 35 minutes to speak to a representative at Groupon, I was told that they have no way of contacting the seller, that the only thing I can do is wait to see if the seller gets the product to their warehouse, and that the Groupon Goods team may be able to figure out if the item ever reached their warehouse for shipping, but they would most likely tell me that they don't know as well. Why would you facilitate the sale of goods, if you have no way to contact the seller or guarantee the products? This business model makes no sense at all to me. This is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with and I purchase items online through third party sellers probably twice a week without any problems. Any by the way Groupon, I understand how it works, but thank you for telling me 600 times how you conduct business without any authority over the goods and services you are offering for vendors and letting me know that there is absolutely nothing you can do to help resolve an order issue that you facilitated. I am furious and will NEVER, NEVER purchase a Groupon again. I seriously suggest any consumer to think again before trusting Groupon for product fulfillment. So disappointed.

Tip for consumers: Don't use Groupon. Seriously.

ellyb1
9/10/14

This company has totally uninterested people in their company working for them, They had an excellent deal for I believe one day, for San Francisco coffee which I took advantage of.. When I advised my don, he said it gad all changed. When, I looked at the new deal, it made no sense because the coffee was now more expensive that most places. I called once and they assured me the amount of coffee was the same. I called once again, and then they told me that it gave only 1/4 of the amount. When I spoke to a supervisor, she was totally disinterested and said why did I care since i received the good deal. She just didn't get it that I was trying to point out that maybe someone higher up had to look at it if they wanted to sell it.

Tip for consumers: It looks like u really have to do your own homework because they don't make it easy

markk47
9/8/14

you can get some decent deals if you are careful. but watch out when you buy their goods. it took me 3 weeks to get some refurbished phone and the way they packed this delicate item was horrible. they are still selling it but I can't post anything on their site because I guess they are also afraid of so many negative feed backs.

asifj1
9/8/14

Please all .. Don't use group on. Un professional staff and CEO of as well.
Ebay has quality and delivered goods as promised.

tonic16
9/7/14

I bought a groupon @ $25.00 for $75.00 worth of product. I let it expire but decided to purchase $25 worth of of the product. When I keyed in the groupon code number, the vendor did not recognize it, thus I could not go thru with the purchase. I e-mailed groupon about the situation and they said they could do nothing. I e-mailed them again and said they would make an "exception" and give me a groupon credit of $12.50. Still dissatisfied, I e-mailed them again... nothing...Not a happy groupon user.

antonios35
9/6/14

GROUPON GIVE ME THE WORS TIME TO RETURN SOMETHING AND I CANT RETURN I DONT RECOMEND GROUPON TO PORCHESE

Tip for consumers: BECAREFULL WHEN YOU BY IN GROUPON

annah49
9/4/14

Purchased an item for $250 and when I tried to use it, it turned out to be a piece of junk. I returned the item the next day. Few days later, I received an email that they had received my item and processing the refund and that I should receive my refund within 2-3 weeks, but most likely "faster". It has been over a month and I received no refund and no correspondance on when I can see my money back. I emailed them twice and all I got was a response from a Groupon Robot ( I kid you not, that's the signature) that they would contact me soon. Frustrated I dug out a well-hidden phone number for their customer service and decided to call them. I have been on hold for the last 60 mins ( no joke) as I am writing this and they are not picking up, just playing some annoying music. As soon as I get this return resolved I am cancelling my account with groupon.

cheezzyk
8/29/14

I bought a horseback riding ticket for my husband birthday. But they couldn't fit me in the day I wanted to go. That was alright I knew it may happen,so we went to there different day. They were nice and advised I can call Groupon to get refund.

Then I did....The women I talked was so rude, I know so many consumers called you claim , but before I started talking She had already gave me bad manner.

The point is
We have all knew the Groupon doesn'r have good service.
The business owner !!
You shouldn't deal with the Groupon. They make your businesses looks bad !!

I know I am small business owner, and I used them as free Advertisement.
Bad Idea!!!

ja13416
8/29/14

Have had two experiences in which what I purchased didn't come through to fruition. Absolutely regret joining up and will never use again....there is always the fine print which is inflexible and they take no prisoners. Bad customer service. Never again.

Tip for consumers: Don't!

yacoubn
8/27/14

They have no place to write a review on items they sell or sold ....
There prices are really high I don't see the deal before you buy check google and you'll find you're getting roped off

Tip for consumers: Check around before you buy

claudiak8
8/26/14

I love groupon and by lot of them. This review is for Adventure Hummer Tours only.
Booked a room at our time share drove 90 miles to go on the 4:00 pm tour. They called at 2:30 and cancelled. They did not have 4 people for the tour and I guess they just discovered this that day!! No remorse, no apology, the guy even hung up on me. We had purchased a groupon which they redeemed prior to cancelling the tour.
Don't trust them with your time or cash!

Tip for consumers: Is it ethical to book a tour, redeem the Groupon and then cancel the tour 90 minutes prior to the tour (voicemail evidence of cancellation)

niinap
8/26/14

I know what the motto supposed to be for Groupon site- “ TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE”.
Every time I purchase something from them, I am disappointed!
Spa procedure from advertised $45 becoming $ 120, botox- from $ 129 to $ 400 (without later touch up, because of “Groupon discount”), etc…
My latest purchase was face cream- Diamond 24K, bla-bla-bla… MSRP price- $500!, on Groupon- $ 39.90. Got it yesterday. OMG! It does not cost even $5! Poor package with unclear printing on it, broken lid, some old-look and smell consistence inside …
And not-returnable, because of DISCOUNT!
NEVER AGAIN!!!

frankieg7
8/25/14

Groupon personal are so disrespectful and rude. They always take long to reply and when they reply its with a attitude.. they dont give u ur refunds.. they put it as is its groupon money.. we purchased a river tubing event and they were all booked for the days that were shown. My Girlfriend n I sent them a email and the girl that replied was very rude and Unprofessional. We emailed groupon they said they dont care n that we arent able to get a refund..

Tip for consumers: If u get bad service from groupon posted on twitter facebook let people know. Not to buy from frauds with bad attitudes and Unprofessional people.. and cations if u do buy and want a refund.. because they qont give u ur money back. They turn it into groupon money.. waist of time..

meenas
8/24/14

I have been using groupon over two years now. I enjoyed using them most part. every time i bought goods from them were not as described on site. Poor quality and false representation. My recent good purchased was Rossetta stone spanish lesson, I was just looking for it and hit buy thinking it will ask me to submit, but instead I got jingle that enjoy your groupon. I realize their costumer service is close for weekends and not available for after hours. So I send email very next minute to costumer support. I got reply after 6hrs that sorry it has been two hours so it can't be cancelled and a suggestion that I can give that to somebody as gift,
Bottom line is I got stuck with something I am not going to use and wasted $200.

Tip for consumers: Buy groupon if you know the business and sure you would go very recently. Do not use groupon for their goods, as their return policies and costumer support not so good if you are returning any commodities. Be smart how to use it. So you are not stuck with unwanted goods and expired Groupons.

carlah4
8/24/14

I submitted all the information Groupon requires in order to be considered for an account to list items on Groupon, several months ago. Have not heard one thing back from them.

Then, I took a closer look at what they DO allow to be listed on their site, things like COUNTERFEIT otterboxes.

I guess the only clients they want are people that sell counterfeit crap and rip off customers.

Tip for consumers: I think we should all boycott Groupon until they decide they want to allow REAL people with genuine products to list. Seems they are only interested in allowing scam artist to dump their crap on unsuspecting victims.

nelsonu1
8/24/14

The second bad experience Iwith Groupon. I bought a cal king mattress and received a queen size, but offered to keep it if groupon refunded the difference. Groupon refused and asked me to photography the item so they could see it. After the pics they acknowledged it was their mistake and accepted the return. When I called UPS to pick up the item I found out the return shipping label groupon provided was not for that kind of item(mattress) and I had to pay about $300 to have it shipped. SInce I refused to pay, then Groupon CS decided to refund the difference and I kept the item, what was my offer since the begin.
IMPORTANT: On the main page, the item was showing FREE SHIPPING to return the item, but on the fine prints (a couple clicks after) it said the item was final sale and not returnable - very misleading to say the least - I never saw it and could've ended up with a loss of $600. I don't recommend Groupon , but if you want to buy from it, check fine prints, compare the prices making sure the description, model, etc.. are the same on regular business. I'm still shopping for the mattress and found out it's almost impossible to compare. Example, "beautyrest recharge world class" mattress has several models, but groupon does not mention which one it's offering. The prices for same brand, on Amazon.com and on the Seras store near by my home, goes from $1100 to $1600, not the $3000 for $1299 advertised on groupon. Also, on Groupon it's final sale. On Amazon and at Sears the customer gets 100 nights tryout and full refund if not satisfied.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you compare apples to apples. The Groupon site can be misleading on the item descriptions and not tell the model - you may be buying a discontinued item that can be found for cheaper somewhere else. Also, if you're trying-out the product, make sure the item can be returned. Don't trust the product advertisement (it always will say the return shippng is free) - check the fine prints to know if it can be returned.

jesg
8/23/14

I have been a customer of Groupon for almost a year now. I always got good stuff from them. But of late their products are really bad. I was so excited when I received a car vacuum that I ordered. I decided to try it immediately just to find out that it does not work.
I also ordered a iphone 5 case, but when I received it was an iphone 4 case. What do I do with it??? How can they be so careless while shipping things And above all it was an item that cannot be returned...FINAL SALE.
I was really disappointed

Tip for consumers: Better to buy things that can be returned, just in case you end up being a victim to FINAL SALE like me

chelseys2
8/22/14

I would give Groupon zero stars if I could. They have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. They have a so called "groupon promise" which makes you feel comfortable buying from them but this "promise" is nothing more than BS! The representative was extremely rude to me and when she put her supervisor on the phone he was just as rude and completely sided with the first lady who was totally unacceptable. I have been using Groupon for years and now I will never purchase anything from them again. What a horrible company.

vw5
8/22/14

Shell Gas deal purchased; never received voucher and stations I've visited don't accept the app version of the vouncher

terriek
8/21/14

Beware when you purchase the multiple Duracell batteries deal, most if not all of the AAA batteries were DOA, you'll need to check them all within 14 days to get a refund ...who does that? Same with nomorerack, dead. Save your money.

dannyb39
8/20/14

I recently ordered a luggage set and I never received and customer service suckkks and were rude. they don't have any answers just excuses.

I am closing my account and never will do business with Groupon.

Tip for consumers: Not worth the hassle and frustration.

barbaraj18
8/20/14

I purchased a Synergy Cellulite (Physicians Weight Loss- Manassass, VA) Groupon this time last year. They offered an extended plan at the rate of $1300.00 which included about 30 treatments over a year. Unfortunately, about the same time my mother had to have two knee replacement surgeries during the year which caused me to spend weeks on end in SC. I ended up not using 9 of the treatments before the contract expired. I acknowledge that I should have been more diligent to complete the treatment but life got in the way. I asked them on 11 August to give me until the end of month August to complete the treatment but the said NO because the contract ended on 1 August. Here is my rub, they were INITALLY unwilling to meet on any middle ground. I had to call several times before actually being able to speak with the office manager but by that time I was so upset at their lack of customer service and being given inaccurate information that I really did not want their technician performing such an intimate procedure on me. They offered to allow me to squeeze in as many treatments as I could get done over the next 11 days (end of month) but I opted to just walked away. Don't sign up for additional treatments because it is not worth the cost and you will be out of luck if you miss them.

Tip for consumers: Skip the additional treatments, pretty pricey.

racheln11
8/18/14

My star rating is based on how efficiently they handled my complaint. I booked a weekend getaway to a nearby resort for my boyfriend and I. I called the hotel one week in advance of our arrival to confirm our reservations but they had nothing on file for us, citing that they weren't sure if Groupon ever sent them our travel details at all. Worst of all the hotel was overbooked and they couldn't accommodate us even if we provided them the details of our Groupon purchase. When I called Groupon on Monday morning I was placed on hold for 30 minutes (room for improvement there) but the person I finally spoke to about receiving a refund was courteous, sympathetic and most importantly prompt about contacting the hotel and then issuing a full refund to my credit card, no questions asked. While I am iffy about whether or not I will book travel with Groupon again I will say that they were extremely prompt and efficient in solving my issue.

Tip for consumers: Booking travel? Call the hotel RIGHT AWAY and confirm that they have received the details of your reservation.

jessicak21
8/17/14

Cant get a refund for concert tickets, even if the concert is canceled! We called but they pretty much just told us it's in the small print and that we are SOL. I had never had problems prior, but I was seriously disappointed by this! They wouldn't even give us "groupon credit" which would have been a completely valid response.

vickic5
8/16/14

My husband and I went and had lunch at Kitchen 1454 and the food was great!! But, we bought a Groupon for a cooking class there and we made reservations and no one ever showed up!! There were about 15 people there and one couple drove over an hour. I had bought this for my husband for our anniversary and it was a big disappointment for us both!!

nd16
8/15/14

i bought a voucher for a thai restaurant & i had a unfortunately family illness abd couldnt use the voucher, valid for only a month, tried to call Groupon who shuffled me from person to person for a whole answer, it got harder when hardly anyone of there customer sw
service spoke english. when i finally adked for the manager, i was told there was none, unreal! i kept pushing until i finally got the socalled manager, i explained my situation, he guaranteed i would get credit back onto my account, IM STILL WAITING! shocker, just got a email from Groupon, they request evidence....groupon is a joke!!!

Tip for consumers: AVOID GROUPON....BIG MISTAKE, SERVICE IS A SHOCKER!!!

yelenat3
8/14/14

I purchased cosmetic service in January for $349 and after reading all the bad reviews about the company provided this service, just cancelled this order and got refunded.
A few months later I noticed, that I have never received my refund on my credit card back. I called to customer service and asked them, what is going on????
They said, that I have all my money on my GROUPON ACCOUNT!!!! I told them, that I will let them to keep my money on Groupon account only if they will pay me 25% interest I am paying to my credit card, they refused, but said, that I should not worry and I can use my Groupons money at any time even if I don't want to, they don't care.

Tip for consumers: Groupon is using your refund money for themselves instead of giving your money back to you.

chads10
8/13/14

Difficult to obtain a refund once a voucher is purchased even if the merchant is unwilling to honor the Groupon! I've utilized groupon several times in the past and have been happy, but they DID NOT live up to their promise to make things right when a merchant was unwilling to honor a groupon. I ended up having to call the credit card company in order to initiate a refund. You'll be disappointed with Groupon's customer service when a problem arises with their selected merchant's. In addition, the only way you will be able to solve the problem is through e-mail as they DO NOT have a contact number. In addition, the first several e-mails you receive will be canned responses from a "representative" that doesn't even seem to read the issue at hand.

stevec81
8/13/14

This company is a scam, do not ever buy from them. All they do is take your money and use every excuse why they dont no where your product is. They will never give you a straight answer about your order. They dont send you tracking number like they say your suppose to have with in 7 business days. They are very rude on the phone and dont give a $#*! about your order.

davidt84
8/12/14

I purchased vouchers. then found out that couldn't be used in my area. Groupon didn't refund stating that the vendor would contact me. Vendor didn't, nothing has happened and Groupon still has my money.

lindam109
8/12/14

I purchased Angels baseball tickets thinking I would get better seats than I could purchase on my own. Groupon does not tell you where the tickets are until game day. You find out two hours prior to the game where you can pick them up at will call. I ended up getting the worst seats ever! I paid $38 (with discount) a piece for $18 seats. I was ripped off! I could not return them and get better seats because the office was closed at the time I received my tickets. I called to complain and get some of my money back and they gave me 25 groupon bucks. Wow! I did notice that the tickets are now $6 a piece. Groupon knows they ripped me off and refused to make reparations.... But they did reduce the price of the tickets on their website which is great for people purchasing from here on.

alexs234
8/12/14

Well, no wonder, they are from chicago. Both orders still not shipped. One has been over three weeks, other over a week. Horrible customer service, too greedy, they are selling too many things but do not ship well. Disgrace.

wendelc
8/11/14

I purchased an oil change from groupon, when I tried to redeem the groupon I was told that my car only uses synthetic oil and the groupon was "useless" for that so I would need to pay full price. I tried to get my money back and Groupon said since the fine print say I may have to pay extra for upgrade then I cannot get a refund. That is fraud and I would suggest you stay away from all Groupon offer

philishiad
8/6/14

I booked a get away to the red rock resort through groupon in May of 2014. In June I cancelled the trip because my fiance at the time didn't want to stay in the desert after we were married on July 5, 2014. I called groupon they told me they would refund it in groupon bucks. I decided immediately I didn't want 960.00 in groupon bucks. So, I called right back and requested it be refunded to my debit card on file they said ok. THey sent me a email stating they refunded my money but to my disbelief they deposited my money to a old account and the card wasn't even on file anymore. I was baffled why would they do that. So this began the phone tag, emails, repeated request and its been over 2 months and I still don't have my money.d ((this is only a few emails just to give you a idea of how inconsiderate groupon reps are, they are worst over the phone)) The fact that they stole my money cause me to have to change some of my wedding plans and boy was I not happy!

Ms. Pissed at Groupon

Hello,
We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service. If you feel the issue has not been resolved, please simply reply to this email and disregard the link below.
If the issue has been resolved, please take a moment to let us know how Carla did by clicking either link below:
Good, I'm Satisfied
Bad, I'm Unsatisfied
Below is a reminder of what your conversation was about.
Thanks,
Groupon Customer Service

Carla R, Jul 03 07:33 AM:
Hey Philishia,
Glad I could help. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Take care,
Carla R

Phlowa, Jul 02 05:58 PM:
Thank you I will contact my bank again.

Carla R, Jul 02 03:59 PM:
Hi Phlowa,
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.
Your refund was successfully processed on our end. This means that the money has been sent back to your bank, regardless of your account status or if you have a new card number.
Once your bank receives the money, they will attempt to deposit the money into your account. You can contact their claims department to locate this refund.
If the bank is unable to get the refund to you, they may refuse the refund and return the money to Groupon. In this rare case, it could take up to 30 days for the money to be returned, depending on your bank. If you do not receive a refund from your bank's claims department within 30 days, please let us know and we'll investigate further.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Carla R

Phlowa, Jun 30 04:11 PM:
hi
I have explained this 8x
i had a refund sent to my closed bank account. The bank told me that the money was never sent to my account. I was told from a customer service agent that the money was deposited to my closed account last monday. My old bank said a deposit was never attempted by Groupon. I need to know where my 960.00 dollars. I don't know what the process is but I feel like my money was stolen. I told several people at groupon that I am getting married July 5th and the 960.00 was needed to pay for my wedding and honeymoon. This is a very big inconvience. I need someone to call me and clear up this situation, I am also seeking my funds to be returned in a paper check as I know this can be done by you!

Angela M., Jun 30 11:40 AM:
Hi Philishia,
Sorry for any trouble! Your refund processed successfully on 06/23 to the card ending in xxxx. It should appear on your statement as a refund from Groupon, Inc.
Though the funds are out of our hands, it can take a little time for banks and financial institutions to route those funds correctly and post them to your account. This typically happens within a matter of days, but we ask that you allow up to 10 business days for your refund to appear on your statement.
Unfortunately, we're unable to expedite this process. If it has been longer than 10 business days since the refund was issued and it hasn't posted to your bank statement, please contact the claims department of your bank directly to check on its status.
I apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Angela M.

Santhosh Yadav, Jun 28 12:04 AM:
Hi Philishia ,
Thanks for your email regarding Groupon Getaways. I'm sending your information along to a customer support representative on our Getaways team.
Thank you for your patience – they will be in touch soon!
Santhosh

Phlowa, Jun 28 12:02 AM:
Earlier this week I cancelled a hotel reservation at the Red Rock Resort. My 960.00 was refunded to a bank account that isn't active. I relocated to a new state that does not have that banking branch. I am getting married in 1 week and I explained to 5 different customer service reps that I need my money in order to pay for my wedding cost. No ONE HAS HELPED ME. MY BANK SAID THE MONEY ISN'T THERE BECAUSE THE ACCOUNT IS CLOSED IT HAS REVERSED BACK TO GROUPON. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE MY MONEY IS AND IF I CAN GET IT REFUNDED TO ME IN A PAPER CHECK asap. My wedding plans are dependent upon me receiving my money back!

so as you can see BETWEEN GROUPON AND CHASE BANK I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY 960.00. I AM COMPLETELY LOST ON THE NEXT STEPS TO TAKE.

wendis
8/5/14

Wish I could leave a negative star rating. This site is the worst! You can find the same deals by googling most of what they offer on the site and not have to wait weeks for your order to be fulfilled. Customer service is a joke and trying to find a way to ask a question and get a legit response is an effort in futility. Buyer beware.

bryany3
8/5/14

groupon really sucks. charged me $382. And I requested the cancellation. And they just refunded me $143. The customer service really sucks. And the shipping processing is extremely slow.

ginnyg
8/4/14

I love Groupon! Have purchased a lot from them, always great deals, and what I like best about them is that if I'm dissatisfied with a purchase, they correct it immediately, even if it's w/ the company I purchased the goods/services! They rock! Great customer service!

Best Daily Deals Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber