US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

myriems

After getting the run around from the merchant's customer service, I called Groupon up and explained the dispute. (in 272 reviews)

nicoles11

They do save your credit card number as I've read from others. (in 54 reviews)

georgem8

2 weeks ago I contacted them via their online form. (in 35 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jimh69
12/18/14

Tried to buy an XL sweater, received an M in an XL bag. Tried to exchange, they ignored my note and eventually (slowly) processed a refund. I tried to call and was told to wait 40-60 minutes. I guess they are not supposed to hire enough help to assist with the Christmas rush.

Tip for consumers: I would buy coupons for other companies but never any goods again.

kimc63
12/18/14

Hello this review is fro Glass Mosaic Canada, I bought a groupon for a two hour class, when I arrived I was told that the groupon was not valid, I asked why and the owner said we stopped doing them, I said well I made a appt and had him look up my name in his book which was there, he then said I had to pay a material fee of $79.00 I said my understanding was the fee was between 12-15 dollars depending on the piece you made, He then said "what do you think I am made of money, I dont even make money on the Groupon, this is Canada I'm not doing this for nothing. All this was being said in front of a large group of people, and was very imbaressing to me. I siad i was not going to pay $79 for a $25.00 course and he said fine then go. How do people who are so rude, disresptful and down right mean stay in business.....It boggles the mind I would never go there again, in a big city like Toronto to go and learn about Mosaic's

judyl18
12/17/14

I ordered a glass bowl which arrived broken. I have contacted the seller and Groupon and no reply from either. I paid $30 and will never buy anything off Groupon again unless they step up and help get this resolved.

geetas
12/17/14

Wish i could give groupon a minus 5 star if the system would let me do so . This is my second horrible experience . Last year i bought 2 manicure package from them and only used one when i went to check the other one it was marked as used. Wrote groupon to complain and they told me that i have to take it up with the business . The business owner did refused to comply and i lost my money . I was so stupid to buy another deal from them when i tried to use the groupon the business owner is giving me the runaround. She cannot make appointments and that go in anytime . Took time off from work to get to the business and no one was there . i called and was told that the woman has to take care of her mother and cannot come that i have to wait 4 HOURS .I CALLED GROUPON WAS TOLD THE WAITING TIME IS 50-60 MIN. NEVER GOT THROUGH TO THEM . WENT ON THEIR WEBSITE AND FILED FOR A REFUND . I GOT NO RESPONSE FROM THEM . GROUPON IS AS SHADY AS THE BUSINESS THEY REPRESENT .

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THEM . THIS COMPANY HAS NO INTEGRITY AND SO ARE THE ENTITIES THEY REPRESENT ..

georgej23
12/16/14

Since i have had 2 write a TERRIBLE review because FFY is Awful, I wanted 2 write about companies that hav been great.
GROUPON has been great 2 me. Even if there was a SMALL concern they IMMEDIATELY just gave me a REFUND! I DIDNT EVEN ASK FOR A REFUND!!
This is an actual companies that GETS it!! That is , if your CS is terrible , then your company us terrible & hopefully fails.
I always praise reps AND THEIR BOSSES @ Groupon

Tip for consumers: WONDERFUL

kelliem6
12/16/14

I have purchased from Groupon in the past and I can honestly say I have recieved everything as described and I had one refund with no problems..and every email responded to promptly...There's very fine print you MUST read and decide on the spot if the purchase is suitable for you..all of these purchases are time-sensitive and people do not read thoroughly..and a small inventory of stuff are kind of one the cheap-y side-the drawback of buying online is the same everywhere...READ thoroughly!!

vanesam
12/15/14

I placed an order about 2 weeks ago. I received a shipping conformation email the following day with a tracking number. I have been trying to track my order for the past 2 weeks but the UPS website keeps stating that there's no such number. I called UPS and they told me that Groupon is off on a number because the number is incorrect. I emailed Groupon and got no response yet. I tried calling and their wait time is 50-60 minutes. I waited past the 60 minutes and nothing. I honestly don't think they have anybody on the other end and the "50-60 min" recording is just there to discourage you. They also have the same 2 most EXTREMELY loud instrumental (piano? Xylophone?) ever, that's designed to give you a headache. I buried the phone under a pile of laundry I was folding and it was still radiating through. I waited 1 hour and 15 minutes and they never answered.

Tip for consumers: Not worth it! Don't do it!

mr223
12/12/14

This site is trash! I bought an item 2 weeks ago for my son for Christmas (with in 2 weeks) and when I called to check the status, they said that it won't be here by then. I tried to reach them by phone and the waiting time is from 50-60 minutes. If you leave your number to get a call back, you get a call when you are not expecting it and if you work, you will miss it. I requested a refund to buy the gift to my child for Christmas and guess what? The refund also will get here after Christmas.

kevinw67
12/12/14

I recently Purchased a hotel room that was listed as a Gatlinburg, TN property on Groupon. In good faith I purchased two rooms via Groupon. Upon arrival we became aware this property is clearly not in Gatlinburg. It is in a seedy section of Pigeon Forge.

The hotel itself was extremely run down and dirty appearing. The pictures on Groupon's website are profoundly deceptive and look nothing like the hotel. Upon entering the lobby there is a prominent sign stating "No refunds Given for Early Checkout". -- always a reassuring thing to see.

When I mentioned to the lobby clerk that we were expecting a hotel in Gatlinburg she just shrugged her shoulders and handy me the Groupon customer service number.

Groupon customer service was extraordinarily unhelpful in resolving this issue. They told me no credit would be given because cancellation was within 72 hours of check-in. They told me to read the fine print next time. The fact that they sold me something in a clearly deceptive way (like listing the hotel under a different city) was completely irrelevant to them.

We did not check in or stay at this hotel. I would never put my family in a place like this. -- Dirty, awful, completely unacceptable for a family.

As for Groupon, I'M DONE! They clearly misrepresented this property and could not have been less helpful when trying to resolve the problem. If you're thinking about purchasing through Groupon, do a web search for "Groupon Scam". You will see countless customer complaints pertaining to Groupon misrepresenting the product being sold.

Tip for consumers: Avoid Groupon. They misrepresent products they sell and customer service is abysmal.

soniar5
12/11/14

Horrible customer service!!! I have used this groupon in the past with Body Shop and was able to use the groupon on the same price that was being offered to every customer. Unlike this time, where I was told that just because I will be using Groupon, the price would be $20 for the item as compared to $10 for the same item being offered to any other customer walking in the store. This is definitely misleading for the Groupon users and seems like Groupon made people buy something that was already available to anybody without purchasing it through Groupon.
Groupon committed that customers will be getting $30 of stuff when they spend $15 with you where as the actual stuff that a groupon customer is getting in store is worth $15 value only as that is what is being offered to the customer walking in the store, just another way of cheating the customers. Store guy told me that they cant offer the price that they are offering to other customers and to contact Groupon for the Refund. In the past, Groupon used to stand behind their products and would offer a refunds if merchant did not fulfill as promised. I explained the situation to customer rep but she insisted they did not do refunds even though the groupon was not expired and merchant would not honor. Horrible Customer Service at Groupon and Body Shop

murrier
12/10/14

I am amazed at this company. Their response is almost immediate and they quickly refund purchases even though they are beyond the dates required. I love their sense of humour in dealing with events and they really do care about customer satisfaction. Great group Groupon!

jenniferl70
12/10/14

I am absolutely done with Groupon. I ordered products 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. Half never showed up in My Groupons. I've been writing them every day since that night for refunds. 2 of them were time sensitive. Since they didn't show up they can't be used by me as I'm no longer in the area.

Every day I get some barely intelligible response from an Indian person. They aren't even answering the question!! I can't stand it anymore. I can't believe an essential communication job for every business is outsourced to India. Reading from a script book of wrong answers back to me is not helpful!!

So anyways, the dumb asswipe who wrote back today.....after 2 1/2 weeks of contacting them for a refund since an hour after I ordered the stuff.....Said sorry we don't allow refunds. You have to request one within 3 days of purchase. Wtf!!!! Can they not read that that's what I've asked for since the first day of purchase?

Tip for consumers: Don't use Groupon. They've gone to $#*!.

kennethr22
12/9/14

I was thinking about ordering a couple of ASUS Google Nexus 7 thru this company but after reading the reviews you can't get customer service to answer 50to 60 min wait time unacceptable/ item say they were delivered by tracking # and they weren't by the customers HUMMMMMM!!!! if i was to rate this company i would i give it 2 neg stares not even one which is required.If you don't like what i wrote then i suggest you do what i did call them.Ill make it easy for you here is the two numbers i used 1-888-375-5777 waited for 28 min and gave up /1-888-664-4482 waited 42 min gave up. Know you try it i did the leg work,told you soooo

Tip for consumers: STAY FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR AWWWWWWAY from this site

sandyy3
12/9/14

Called customer service line at 888-664-4482 and it stated the wait is 50-60 minutes. Really? Are you kidding me?

elainem24
12/9/14

If you can't use the Groupon, they will not issue a refund, even though the refunds are only for another groupon, so goes right back to their business! I wish I could get away with this, as a small business owner I have to go to great ends to make sure my clients are satisfied. Stay away from this company, I am one of the original customers, but I AM DONE!!!!

catherineh16
12/9/14

Called Groupon and Eric (from groupon), was very rude! He didn't care what I had to say! I said I will never use Groupon again and he said, that's fine!, Most companies would not want to hear their customer service ever say this. They would try and figure a way you can make it better for the customer. Horrible!

Tip for consumers: Don't use Groupon

terryp31
12/9/14

I bought a weekend getaway to Niagara Falls. Scheduled my visit for 11/21/14. In the few days leading up to that Friday, the Buffalo area got hit with eight FEET of snow. The New York State Thruway was closed. No way to get through Buffalo (we were coming from Rochester), I had to cancel my reservation. My fiance and I are both 60 yr. olds; not smart for us to be trying to navigate through snow covered roads that the NY State Police say not to drive on. I contacted Groupon to see if they would help me get a refund due to these extraordinary circumstances. Their reply; "read the fine print; no refunds". Think they would at least work with me to get an exception to the "no rescheduling" restriction? Like we already told you; read the fine print. I'm out about a hundred bucks, and Groupon will never get another dime from me.

Tip for consumers: Here's my tip. Use any of the other sites available for this type of transaction.

jeane99

98$ spent for a "deal".
When i wanted to take an appointment with the society of the so-called offer, i never had any answer, whereas i sent them emails and phone calls.
I came directly to the society, someone told me they were not here anymore, but was unable to tell me if they just had moved or if they didn't exist anymore.
Now Groupon don't want to refund me.
Really bad experience... Groupon = zero, finally as their offers. I'll remind that for the next time.

Tip for consumers: Be careful about the society of the offers you want to buy!!!

valerieb13
12/9/14

Bunk beds late delivery one man box so heavy I could 't even hold it up,delivery man not allowed beyond front door did in end or would have had to take it back . I had already taken 4 packages into house with some difficulty.

Tip for consumers: Don't believe delivery dates if you ring groupon like I did about tracking they won't find it either. Management review takes 14 days still waiting
I have had other groupons with no problems

jasonm121
12/8/14

Great deals are as promised but their delivery promise is totally false. The products take at least a month after the order date for receiving. So, if you want the product fast Groupon is not the place to get it...however if you are patient with the very long delivery and the lack of response to customer inquire then order away.

Tip for consumers: Be very patient in responses from customer service and for delivery

niting1
12/8/14

Groupon in India is making fool of its customers. I had a very bad experience I have bought hotel vouchers and have even made bookings. Even after the booking was accepted by Groupon I have been refused the accommodation. They are cheating the customers. Pls stay away from Groupon at least in India

I don't understand how you they so conveniently say that the booking cannot be confirmed when I have taken care of the entire process for making the reservations. Hotel stay is as per a planned purpose and hence it is not feasible to change the dates. I'm summarising the entire sequence of events and then would like to know where am I at fault and if that's the case why should I suffer because of your and hotel's mismanagement.

1. I checked the hotel availability on Nov 19th for Dec 31st and purchased three vouchers
2. Same day I had sent the vouchers to the hotel so that my booking could be confirmed
3. Same day I received an email for the hotel requesting for the vouchers
4. On Nov 22nd, I shared the vouchers with the hotel
5. On Nov 24th, the hotel responded stating that I have to make a booking on groupon's website
6. Same day I made the bookings on your website and intimated it to the hotel
7. Since there was no response from the hotel, I had sent a reminder on Nov 27th
8. No response from the hotel, I posted a query on groupon's website but no response was received
9. Today I have called up your customer care and have been informed that the booking cannot be confirmed

I'm disappointed and also surprised with the kind of services being rendered by groupon. I have proofs for each of the above events and can share the same with you.

Further, I have checked the hotel's website and there is availability for 31st night and still then I'm being refused for a reservation I had made long time back.

Tip for consumers: Dont trust them...they are a total fraud and cheat

robinr24
12/6/14

Tried for almost 3 weeks to resolve my issue using email and Groupon's posted customer service number - and nothing. Then tried another customer service number: (888) 664-4482
Service Rep was awesome and fixed everything right away.

Tip for consumers: Tip for consumers: Call Groupon at (888) 664-4482 if you have any problems.

nenad4
12/6/14

DO NOT BUY GOODS FROM GROUPON. THEY ARE SLOW TO SHIP AND THEY MAKE RETURNS IMPOSSIBLE EVEN WHEN THERE IS A LEGIT REASON FOR A RETURN! Ordered a Vigilant Rainbow "Smart" toothbrush that was supposed to communicate with my android phone and help teach my daughter to brush her teeth well. My Vigilant Rainbow, did not work with either of my phones. Groupon fine print says it is returnable if defective but system does not let you print a label for return. Customer service not responsive. I just wasted $30 on a cheap quality brush toothbrush that does nothing.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY GOODS FROM GROUPON. THEY ARE SLOW TO SHIP AND THEY MAKE RETURNS IMPOSSIBLE EVEN WHEN THERE IS A LEGIT REASON FOR A RETURN!

shamas2
12/5/14

VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE THERE EXECUTIVES ARE SO RUDE AND THEY REALLY WANT MERCHANTS TO BEG AFTER THEM , EXECUTIVES ARE SO LAZY GIVEN WORK 3 MONTHS BACK STILL PENDING STILL THE DEALS IS NOT LIVE , LEELA IS THE WORST EXECUTIVE I EVER SAW , ALWAYS BEEN LAZY AND IRRESPONSIBLE , MOSTLY ON LEAVE , DONT EVEN DESERVE A SINGLE STAR

Tip for consumers: FOR MERCHANTS MIGHT BE SOME EXECUTIVES ARE ACTIVE AND HARD WORKING BUT IF THEY HIRE LEELA FOR U PLZ SAY SORRY

katc6
12/3/14

What a joke!! Slow shipping, poor quality goods and extremely poor customer service.

"ladies" camis purchased. They sent childrens sizes. The merchant was not censored and continued to market the item as a ladies size.

Item labeled "Phillips Sonicare Toothbrushes" arrived as a generic. Visibly lower quality than brand name. In addition, only 1/2 my order arrived. Was told by Groupon they would not be able to fulfill my order. Went to look at the order, and noticed the business had changed the description to Philips Sonicare (Generic) and lowered the price $5. I asked Groupon to refund me the additional $5 ...no dice. I just got a refund on the whole order.

Bottom line, Groupon Good is a horrible store. Don't waste your money.

Tip for consumers: Do not waste your money!!

jessb39
11/29/14

Love groupon! I have always received exactly what I ordered. The one time that I had an issue was when the USPS wouldn't deliver my package because no one was there to sign for it and then they didn't know where my package was. So I called groupon and told them what happened, granted I did have to wait 40 mins on hold but the customer service rep was extremely friendly and apologetic. She said she could refund my money as groupon bucks and then I could just reorder the product. I received my refund instantaneously and reordered the product which I received within a week!

latal
11/28/14

Can't even give one star to such compnay (but if i am not puting one star they are not alowing me to proceed)who just take money and do not give any service or discount . Even customer serivce talk so rudly when we call for not giving discount.
Self had bought a discount offer for CAB booking they took money and everthing after that when i used that voucher to book CAB that CAB dont even sent a CAR and used that voucher code and said we dont have cab. when i went back to Groupon they replied that "they are not responsible, Groupon just took money for voucher for code they provide and they are not concerned with weather they get discount or Service". So should not trust such worst company who just want to earn money.

Tip for consumers: Dont even think to buy any offer from Groupon. They will just take money and give u code then weather u got discount or service they are not concerned or give you money back.

joanneb25
11/25/14

I got totally ripped-off buying printer ink on Groupon. I paid $91.13 for 8 ink cartridges and not one of them works in the printer. The company that sent them has ZERO contact information - not even a name on the cartridge boxes, the shipping carton, or the packing slip. I contacted Groupon within 30 days and they said, "Sorry for your bad luck - you failed to notify us of the problem within 15 days". Really Groupon? The warranty on your website said 30 days and you should have some responsibility for knowing who is selling products on your site. But you completely bailed on me and left me with $91.13 worth of useless ink cartridges. I "was" a good customer. Spent over $1000 dollars on Groupon goods the same month I bought the ink. And this is how Groupon treated me.

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware if there is no company website link. Groupon would not give me the information and left me high and dry with $91.13 worth of bad printer ink cartridges.

catherineh15
11/24/14

I reserved a room at the Omni Riverwalk in San Antonio, Tx. The picture on the Groupon showed the Riverwalk and said minutes to riverwalk. Not only am I not on the Riverwalk I am 20 mins. AWAY from the riverwalk. I will never buy another groupon again.

Lies, lies, lies.

Tip for consumers: Don't believe what it says

jacobsa1
11/21/14

money washhers. www.groupon.com has purchased me 1.068$ for sofa in order to received it for 7-12 business days. Than become 15. Than 1month.Than they kept kindly apologize for delay. Than they keep ignoring my email, complains, concerns. It's been almost 2month, there is no respond back from Groupon. There is no move from home delivery and their logistic or w.e. I'm so disappointed, mad, upset and angry. Don't ever invest your money in Groupon cuz u might get heart attack before you received any purchased item from them. I lost a lot of nerves and happiness thx to Groupon// Seat on floor on tiles and blanket cuz my money were taken from Groupon and I have no sofa to seat, the one that I have paid for

Tip for consumers: you might receive groupon purchase, you might receive extra stress but for sure you will be charged, they will work with your money and you will get your purchased after few months or who knows!!!!! Don't trust to these site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sandraa26
11/20/14

Been a customer for a couple of years and I am finding the customer service to be horrible. I was on hold for over two hours using 2 different phones. Yes, I know I could have hung up but I needed to speak with a rep. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE customer service.

Tip for consumers: Better get a comfortable chair when calling to speak with a rep. Wait time is toooooooo long!

geneg14
11/19/14

The Delivery By Groupon Sucks! I can't believe that FedEx would be a part of it. To take 10 days by FedEx to go from Connecticut to California (although I still have not yet received delivery) and have both Groupon and FedEx lie about the delivery date and then back track on the delivery date after Groupon confirmed the delivery date in an email and a live FedEx representative confirmed delivery the day I called by 8 p.m. and then have them rewrite the delivery time that night for two days later. This is absurd. They should not call this FedEx Smartpost, but instead FedEx Stupidpost -- "if it has to be there on time .... use a different carrier."
Gene Y.

Tip for consumers: Don't Buy Goods Or Products From Groupon

boortj
11/19/14

Bought a Groupon as a gift. Business closed a month later. Told Groupon what had happened, needed 15 emails sent to get satisfaction. Replies from 6 different reps, no supervisors. Often repeating my last email.

3 weeks later (!) refund finally issued: "refund either to your form payment or in Groupon bucks". Next day, message from Groupon: "good news, your refund has been processed. Your Groupon bucks are available to be spent immediately."

My face = :o

??

Angry email sent asap.

Incredible breach of trust. Done with Groupon.

Lessons provided by Groupon on how to lose a customer in twenty days:
- do not respond to polite emails with confirmation of taking care of issue (or any confirmation at all).
- force customer to repeat themselves continuously.
- allow multiple reps to inadequately handle the account.
- breach customer account privacy and security to make refund decision for them.

Completely and utterly unacceptable treatment.

Tip for consumers: The deals aren't that good. The service is terrible.

toddw21
11/18/14

DO NOT BUY AIR DUCT CLEANING ON GROUPON. Your purchase get a scam man to your door, taking a look around your entire home to see everything you own and figure what he can scam you for. I bought a cleaning only to get an estimate of $200+ for them to do anything. I am no truly worried about theft. I asked for a refund and was told I can not seek a refund as I refused the work.

Tip for consumers: Do not Use Groupon for any service

vickia2
11/17/14

Purchased item on 30/9/14 and still havent recieved it. Made a complaint and have just had numerous emails for the last few weeks saying they are still 'investigating' despite the item being up for sale again. Will never buy from them again. Paypal cannot reverse transactions to groupon even if you do not recieve them

rodl4
11/17/14

Well I have tried to purchase items from Groupon, order services and online items. Other than one online item the rest have been either of such poor quality, or the site doesn't work or something... 40 min on hold to have someone say well we can give you Groupon credit... I am sorry that doesn't cut it. Once, even twice is okay but it is the norm to have below average and below quality, then it is about a company that doesn't care about the item, just the money it gets from it! I will never order from them again. I guess the old adage is true "you get what you pay for" . shop around locally you can get the same thing...

Tip for consumers: DON'T BUY FROM GROUPON!

robertw118
11/17/14

Doesn't get any worse than this!!! STAY AWAY FROM GROUPON! They're bunch of thieves. Their hold time is 30-60 min after than they'll drop a call on you. You can never reach a supervisor. If you get lucky and reach one, supervisors are not attentive. Their return policy is awfull! You can only cancel groupon within 3 days. I bought my grupon to a small hair salon. They happened to be crooks. Grupon refused giving me a refund b/c it was outside of 3 days return policy. They don't really check businesses so that they can make more $. If that business is crook you're screwed and can't get your money back. I WOULD NEVER BUY A GRUPON AGAIN!!!

bw32
11/17/14

Worst experience ever not only was there no parking for more than an hour if you could find a spot on the very busy high street it meant I couldn't have my hours treatment for fear of receiving a ticket.. Then when I arrived they had booked me in for the wrong treatment and then tryed to argue it and say it was my fault when they had redeemed my groupon voucher codes they knew what treatment I was having but they were so unprofessional and lazy they didn't check and used the excuse they redeem them altogether and do not check who's is who ... Great customer service and care NOT!!! Then I got a 20 min chat with the Ciropractor who then said come back for your results after travelling over an hour to get there for 1hrs treatment I got 20mins and was told to go back another time naturally I would never step foot in there again ... It's no wonder they are using groupon for customers they clearly can't keep them because they have a bad approach not even one apology was made for their mistake..

yanyp
11/14/14

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Waited 2 hours on hold to talk to customer service representative. After two hours my call just dropped and I never got the chance to talk to live person.

kristenb11
11/14/14

I WILL NEVER USE GROUPON GOODS AGAIN. Never use groupon goods!! They're return policy is terrible. If you don't return a product within 14 days, you can't return it. So if something you purchase is a gift and it isn't discovered until the gift is given, you're screwed. I've had two bad experiences with dysfunctional products.

Tip for consumers: NEVER ORDER FROM THEM.

rachels41
11/13/14

HORRIBLE!! I have a five and three year old that have been more excited than ever to go see the circus for the first time...it tells me i have to wait the day before, before i can print the vouchers well its the day of and i will be leaving right from work where i have no access to a printer, to grab my little ones and head to the show, but still cant print no tickets!!! so after waiting 48 MINUTES to talk to someone they tell me its technical errors and if we miss the show they will refund me.... so what am i suppose to tell my kids...that Groupons a POS and now we cant go... cause they would totally understand that right.
SUCH A RIP OFF!!! DO NOT USE GROUPON, they only get your hopes up for nothing.

johnr188
11/13/14

UPDATE: I called their customer service 888-664-4482, and they refunded the $129 to be credited to my cc in 10 days.

"SCAM ALERT!" Groupon sent me an offer labeled "John's Seattle Deals" for cleaning services, 3 hours for $129. I live 2 miles from Seattle. Small print says "valid only within 15 miles of 98516" and I'm assuming 98516 must be a Seattle zip code. Then the cleaning person called to ask for $25 extra to travel 70 miles. Why is Groupon sending me offers when I live 70 miles away from 98516? Groupon knows my zip code, and they know I would have to pay extra. I live in a major city, and there are hundreds of cleaning services in Seattle. Then when I try to get a refund, the website says I have to cancel within 3 days. It's been 5 days, I finally have the time to cancel, and I'm out $129. I would rate Groupon.com -5 stars (negative [minus] 5 stars) for "SCAM ALERT."

Tip for consumers: Never use Groupon.com for anything. Read all fine print. Expect the worst possible outcome. Groupon.com = Murphy's Law.

kevinp50
11/12/14

NEVER NEVER USE GROUPONS THEY ARE A BUNCH OF BULL!!!!!!be warned never use this site not a joke!!!! I've placed an order over three weeks ago for an item the said 7 days to receive and still today nothing now it's like pulling teeth to get money back!!! I told them that is never refer them nor would I use them if it was the last place on earth to get water in a drought!!!!! I wish I'd of seen this site before I placed the order because I sat for over an hour and read all negitve reviews on GROUPONS never use them please you've been warned up front!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: DONT USE AT ALL THEY ARE LIARS BIG TIME GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND JUST READ OTHER REVIEWS YOULL SEE!!!!!

jasminer12
11/11/14

THEY ARE THIEFS!!!!!! I tried ordering movie tickets to studio movie grill and they had a supposed deal where if you referred friends you're movie tickets would all be 4 dollars. I referred the friends and they never gave me the discount on the tickets. I then tried changing my order to more tickets and instead it refunded the whole thing even though I never asked for that. Then when I tried purchasing them again it didn't let me. I emailed them letting them know what happened and what I needed and they emailed back saying I needed to email them back some information before the groupon expired and I did. They didn't reply until a week later saying they couldn't give me the groupons because they had expired even though they were the ones at fault for not processing the order before... then I tried buying the tickets again through the site but they were more expensive. They marked one of my tickets as refunded and they refunded me NOTHING to my bank account!!!! I have emailed them about twenty times regarding this and they always respond with the same thing. Its as if they just forward the email and sign it with another name to pretend its someone else talking to you. The last time they emailed they tried saying the reason why my purchase didn't go through was because you couldn't buy more than one movie ticket not even more as gifts and that it said so in the fine print. Well I checked the fine print and the q&a section and turns out you CAN buy up to 10 movie tickets at a time. They were just trying to fool me. I emailed them back letting them know this and emailed pictures as well and asked for my money they never returned. What did they do? They took away my groupon movie tickets that I already had and they refunded that money back but they didn't refund what they owed me that they had never returned. WHAT THE HELL IS THERE PROBLEM?????? I never asked them to do that!!!!!! They have not contacted me back and I've sent about 30-40 emails in regards of everything and they only email back when they freaking feel like it.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE GROUPON!!!!!!!!

crystalg11
11/11/14

I have ordered hotel rooms, restaurant vouchers, and even goods from the website. So far I have not had any issues. If you read the side print and go into detail about the product. It usually tells you details that you should read before. Such as extra charges or so on.

Tip for consumers: Read the details about the purchase you are about to make.

megh62
11/10/14

I purchsed a groupon last year and was very excited to use it. I live in Boston, so it is not hard to get up there, however from the beginning this has been a horrendous experience! First, when I went to book a date, all the dates were sold out! Then when I contacted groupon asking for a groupon credit, they said no, even though there was no way I could use it, as it is seasonal and closes in March. I fought with Groupon, and then tried to book again in November directly with Hotel Du Glace for the current season, now that they have opened back up. However, as they said my groupon is expired, they will only accept the amount I paid( about $279) the catch however is the ONLY option is not cash value, maybe to buy gifts etc. but a 1 night stay which can ONLY Be booked at a M-Thurs rate of $398. The catch is it is only double occupancy, and if I go alone, it is still $398. SO there is NO way to use this groupon without spending even more for a deplorable customer service experience with both Groupon and Hotel Du Glace. I strongly caution against using either company.

kr1629
11/6/14

I selected to buy the more expensive hotel room option because the ad stated it was for two adults and up to three children. However, when I called Marriott directly to confirm room choices, they informed me I would have to pay another $20/night for a roll-away bed. The room does not actually sleep five as advertised. This, to me, is false advertising. I will not buy a hotel Groupon again.

Tip for consumers: Be very very careful and don't expect much.

ruths23
11/4/14

Will NEVER order from Groupon again. Received 1 of a 2-item offer, making the price the full retail. Was told by customer service, in India, that they had run out of inventory. I didn't fall for that one!

Why did they send the incomplete order in the first place? The invoice had no indication that the order was short. It was confusing, so I went back to the offer to make sure that I had not ordered incorrectly. When I offered to keep one item for a credit to my credit card for the supposed OUT OF STOCK ITEM, I was told that they could only offer me a Groupon Credit. Would I ever order from them again? NO! So they would get to keep my money after all! What scammers. BEWARE!

ajayk3
11/4/14

Placed an order on 26th Sept 2014, not received it yet. But they say it was delivered on 7th Oct 2014. Following it up for more than a month now, no result till date. worst customer care, be it email or call. The courier company from which the courier was sent has no customer support no or email id to trace the courier.

Tip for consumers: Never buy any product from groupon which needs to be shipped.

jackolynb
11/2/14

Icky experience: Groupon for Dairy Queen at Tyrone Sq, St Petersburg, FL.
This DQ was located inside a shopping mall (1 location only so mgmt/owner had to initiate this groupon offer). Groupon offer was to pay $11 in advance for 4 $5 coupons for DQ food. When we arrived at DQ we were 3 adults, 1 child. I had accessed the DQ menu link on the Groupon offer, so we were set to have light lunch, drinks & small desserts. This DQ does NOT have most DQ menu items shown on the Groupon link: no burgers, no fries, no $5 lunches including small dessert, no kids menu. We ordered from their very limited menu (total $21.36) and the owner told me I owed $16.36 - we would have to present 3 more of the Groupon vouchers to have $5 each credit. It would have been easy for him to simply ask if we'd like to use up all of our $5 per person (they come in $20 increments) but he told us it was only 1 per person per visit. It was getting embarrassing with my family. I was pretty floored but he then explained that I could present 3 more certificates (iPhone) to redeem. The food was honestly awful: there is nowhere to eat nearby except a playground for tiny kids offered by the mall. Surprise!...lunch in Pre-School (although the kids were really cute). I think this is an awful example of a good Groupon offer gone bad and this location shouldn't be included in the Groupon program. I haven't had an experience like this before: where I live Dairy Queen is awesome and I thought it was cool to see them with a coupon here. Not so much, never again. Big DQ/Groupon branding error.

Tip for consumers: I've never worried much about the fine print because it's been fair before. In this case, you should.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: What should I do to get back vouchers that I bought but haven't redeemed yet from the list of My Groupons? When I get into the MY GROUPONS , it stated that "My orders-You have yet to make any Groupon purchase(s).",but actually I bought 3 vouchers already.They disappeared from the list after one month purchased.Please tell me what should I do to get them back by email to me (quikping@gmail.com)!Thanks in advance!
8/2/13
heathers3
A: What does this have to do with groupon.com?
4/25/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

3 Coupons for Groupon

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Groupon to save!
Go to Groupon