US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

robinr24

Tried for almost 3 weeks to resolve my issue using email and Groupon's posted customer service number - and nothing. (in 330 reviews)

angela334

I also got confirmation email that they received my return & my $$ had been credited back to my credit card. (in 67 reviews)

debbiee3

Just got back from a vacation 2 weeks ago where we bought the hotel room with a groupon. (in 43 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lizaaaahi
5/24/15

Found fantastic offer. Very grateful.

karolinaw1
5/24/15

On the 22nd of April I ordered shoe racks. On the 24th I got an email confirmation of my order being dispatched. And here we are a month later, still no product. I have been told many times to wait another week and another 5 days, then 24-48 hours. It's an absolute joke, disgrace to treat a customer in such way. I asked a couple of times for my refund, but I am getting nowhere. Never again will I use groupon and I will advise everyone to stay of their website.

jackil
5/22/15

Great deal on this site.. Always some good offers on groupon...

elaineg18
5/21/15

Just be careful and read the fine print! Sometimes there are exclusions or limits on what the company making the offer is willing to do. However, Groupon itself is great. I've never had a problem with them.

dlaijnes
5/20/15

My overall experience with groupon has been really good.

darlenel5
5/20/15

Bought a painting class twice for $25 wonderful class had a great time, going to another one Saturday

erichf
5/19/15

Groupon and their mobile app are great for finding things to do, places to eat, and goods to buy for an often extremely reasonable price. Highly recommended.

mahalingamc
5/18/15

I planned and purchased a Reebok running shoes. I ordered it on 11th May and on 19 may I receive an email stating - 'Due to overwhelming response we are unable to deliver the shoes" . MC saalon ye bataaney Mai tum logon ko 8 din lag gate. Chore saaley. They are actually collecting our data free of cost for doing future promotions

lorib32
5/18/15

BEWARE: When purchasing the" Made Premium Cleaning Services " Groupon YOU WILL NOT be able to reach anyone on the phone at anytime. There is no possible way to call this company before your cleaning service!!! ALSO!!! YOU ARE locked in to monthly service CONTRACT!! It's all in the small print. Can't use for move in or move out either. Learned the hard way.

martys17
5/18/15

Yes, the luster has worn off this "gem". Interesting concept and the deals were good...in the beginning. Now, well, my advice is to move on. Sure, sign up, give 'em your email and get flooded with more useless junk mail and then try to "opt out". Psst...they don't understand "opt out". Nonetheless, this should be a "pass" for you! There, you've been warned.

heriem
5/18/15

You Groupon team delivered a damaged item and it's been 3 weeks. I already requested for a refund and you guys are telling me you're still investigating? How long will that take? I don't care about your investigation. I just want my money back!

felipej2
5/18/15

mostly people are here talking about past of groupon but i still consider this valuable site for me! i bought several things from this site and i still like it

janam2
5/17/15

I bought a deal back and I had issues with the Company---They wanted to upcharge for everything

annies31
5/16/15

ordered summer cardigans....colors not true to viewed online. ordered 6 pack of racer bras....received different bras, not racerback!! SO DONE!!!

lukes35
5/15/15

I admit I never used it for myself, but I bought two Groupon, one getaways weekend for my parents' anniversary and a spa voucher for my sister's birthday. After reading some reviews about it, I paid lot of attention to the terms and conditions of the service I bought, and they didn't have any problem. It's a very easy way to buy a gift, I hate walking around in shopping malls looking for ideas. With a voucher people can decide to use it whenever they want, and it's an incentive to do something that they wouldn't do otherwise, such as a weekend or a spa treatment..

Tip for consumers: Always read the terms and conditions of use of the service to avoid surprises.

tamaras10
5/14/15

I have used groupon in the past, however recently I was searching through their website on my cell phone. Later I received a statement from my bank that a purchase was made to Groupon. It seemed I placed my phone in my pocket and somehow push the "Buy" button. I immediately contacted Groupo who stated they would not revoke the purchase due to a 2hr window for goods and a final sale with the supplier.

I explained the incident to no avail. Groupon refuse to refund the purchase although they saw the purchase was made on my cell phone and I was willing to show proof from my bank regarding the notification.

BEWARE: The incident of "But Calling" is the norm. It seems purchasing items from Groupon with your buttocks is also possible

nathalieg6
5/14/15

I tried to buy a gift card as a mother's day gift and it didn't let me buy it. There was a problem with the system. A customer support agent replied to my email once and no one followed up after! I even sent 6 other emails and never got anything back from them!! So insulting! Client service is not bad, it is inexistent! They don't care about you at all! When they are annoyed

paulap22
5/14/15

May 14, 2015. I made a hotel reservation and never received an email confirming the transaction. I sent several emails to Groupon customer support (they make it very difficult to even get any support by getting you lost in a Q & A maze)and all I received was a reply that someone would contact me. It is now the next day and still no contact from Groupon. This is the first and last time that use Groupon for Hotel reservations. The price does not make up for the lack of support and aggravation. Terrible service! Stay Away!!!!

markw130
5/13/15

Excellent website with great savings for all different supplies/products/places.

aprils25
5/13/15

I find what I want and with a minimum of clicks and time, it is purchased. Exactly what an experience should be.

traysis
5/12/15

Groupon goods sells junk. They stand behind the goods for 14 days and after that, even if the products are defective, they do not stand behind them. You get a sincere "sorry for your luck, sucker!" Very poor policy!! Very disappointed customer!! I've bought 3 iphone 5/6 cables and all have broken or stopped working. Save yourself the trouble and spend a little more for something that will last longer than a month or two!! Lesson learned!!

bethjaneller
5/12/15

I have found some really great deals on Groupon. My favorite ones have been those to try new restaurants in the area that offer a 2 for 1 deal. My problem is that I will by the deal and then for some reason not be able to use it right away. The old adage "out of sight, out of mind" definitely applies to me. The good thing about Groupon is that even if I miss the expiration date of the deal, the money I spent buying the deal is still usable at that restaurant. If anything, I wish Groupon would send more reminders of when you are getting close to expiration dates.

ninos17

best

beckyg4
5/11/15

I have purchased so many different things from Groupon. Dog beds, couch covers, Home show tickets, Excel courses, etc. I have been pleased with everything purchased. If you purchase and don't use the money still stays there for your next purchase. A win-win. I will continue to purchase from Groupon. It also is city specific so you can get goods from your local city. Awesome.

charlottel5

like it

jamesb214
5/11/15

Over the years this website has gone with less than good deals.

dianar23
5/11/15

I check Groupon daily and use their local deals often. The only complaint I have is that some of the 'goods" deals take forever to arrive. Especially save$ with beauty and health and restaurant deals. I have also purchased many gifts such as facials or massage on groupon, again could not depend on a goods deal to arrive in a timely manner.

pamc13
5/11/15

So far everything I have purchased has been exactly what they advertised. I have purchased Golf packages, nail salon certificates, massage packages, and other things along these lines. No hidden fees or hidden prints.

yorim
5/11/15

hey, i've been a groupon fan for a long time but not any more. purchased a vacation getaway voucher and then tried to contact the travel agent. good luck trying, as the agents phone number (travel by jen) is out of service. groupon is making a big mistake when they don't do adequate research before selling these expensive offers.

lalits3
5/11/15

Please do not take anything from Groupon as they take the money and will give nothing. I have booked hotel from Groupon and confirmed over phone but when we visited that place the hotel owner told us that there is no any booking over here through Groupon. After several mails to Groupon we have not received our money back. Even you could not find the number on time. So please don't go with Groupon.

annes39
5/11/15

Placed order for mixed traditional meats at £29.00 at last minute they confirmed delivery and when I looked at the order they had changed it to chicken box, instead of pork, steak, chicken and mince beef they were sending me chicken breasts chicken thighs and wings.
No comparison and you can't speak to them by phone to discuss the order.
Don't buy from this company

judyb31
5/10/15

I bought a perfume on groupon that I've bought a dozen times at Macys and JCPennys. The one I received from Groupon was the wrong color and smelled musty and old. It was clearly defective and not at all what was shown on the website. I have been trying to get a refund or credit for weeks. Groupon says a refund or credit is granted if product is damaged or defective... But even after sending pictures they do not stand behind their promises.

ejf
5/10/15

Groupon sent three product orders to the wrong address clear across the state from me. It was the address of a friend that I had once sent a gift Groupon to. I contacted CS and after four email exchanges they could not even understand the problem. They ended with there was nothing they could do since the products had already been delivered. They made no effort to acknowledge their mistake or to help get
the items forwarded to me. IM THROUGH WITH GROUPON AND THEIR OFF-SHORE CS FOREVER.

larrym61
5/10/15

I live in Canada got the deal for a hotel in Canada - Niagara Falls and Groupon charges me in US dollars? I could have just called the hotel direct and booked cheaper. When I read the fine print showed nothing for Us only said I would pay parking 30 CAD and a couple other CAD were pointed out. When I booked the deal it showed on my receipt $187.00 didn't say CAD or US. I emailed CSR at Groupon they said I should have read the fine print it says US and I say BS so watch yourself with this company they rip you off as if you need to even read fine print to see what you are charge. I will never use them again they danced around all my emails. They even removed the deal from my profile now cause it says nothing about US.

shivkanthy
5/9/15

tried a lot of deals in restaurent

steves150
5/9/15

Used Groupon until they forced me to view X-rated products for sale without my consent. Would not let a child use the application unless you want them to see vibrators, ejaculation items, vibrating panties, etc. Is Groupon in such financial trouble they have to compromise their company valued.

mariselam2
5/7/15

Great deals On my favorite places

tinaj21
5/5/15

I purchased the laser vein treatment. I have had the saline treatment and been very satisfied with instant results. I find once i have purchased the treatment takes 8 weeks to see results and most people need 2-3 treatments. It is painful may leave burns and bruises. During the 8 weeks you must avoid sun. My reason for treatment was to have nice legs for my vacation in April. My vacation was 6 weeks after treatment becuase they were booked up for 2 weeks. My viens looked worse not better after 6 weeks. I did not want to do another treatment and wait another 6-8 weeks to see if it worked, or i would maybe need 3 treatments. This would be a total of 16 weeks for 2 treatments. It will be July by time i can be in the sun. I expressed my dissatisaction , and was told that i was jumping the gun. I need to give it 2-3 sessions to see if it works. Also there are no guarentees. I should have done the saline solution like before. Why would anyone want to wait 16 weeks to see if something worked or not? Laser also cost more in the long run the saline was the same price as 2 laser treatments. Not worth it at all. I wasted my money.

Tip for consumers: know all the facts before choosing laser treatment

sams187
5/4/15

I purchased a Groupon for lash extension for a wedding. When I tried to book the appointment the estitician was booked all of may through August... mind u the Groupon expires in 90 days. When I called groupon cs to see if they could extend those 90 days the woman said no. I should just gift my groupon to someone! After waiting almost an hr to even speak to someone this was her response. I will nevery buy another groupon again.

tiffanyb21
5/4/15

Great customer service! I have had to return 2 Groupons- 1 my 3 year old purchased for $200! No problems!!

marimuthuk

Good publicity

denism38
5/3/15

I bought a digital scanning groupon to a place called scan digital. Months went by after sending them my negatives to be put on dvd. After many runaround phone call, i came to the conclusion they lost my negatives. I emailed groupon customer service ( since there is no way to talk with a live person) . They quickly returned my money and erased all evidence of the groupons from my account. I will not stop untill someone goes down for loosing my pictures, but i see a long painful process coming my way. Save yourself from the nightmares, go to your local establishment and pay a little more. IT IS NOT WORTH THE SAVINGS>

karens103
5/3/15

Excellent products and services, returns and refunds are easy! I love groupons!

marianm4
5/1/15

Is groupon related to nomore rack? They have the same customer service as nomore rack. They do not will not resolve issues! Go to restaurant.com for dining deals. They have better deals and honor what they advertise...unlike groupon who pulled a classic bait and switch. They advertised a certain price and then doubled it leaving me holding the bag. They also messed with the deal on their website changing verbiage and the deal. Luckily I snapped a picture of my screens prove my point still no resolution. Very polite responses and absolutely NO answers or resolution. They are a fraudulent company and should be shut down. Look for a name change soon just like nomore rack did. I am gathering info to pass on to Commissionerof Commerce and the Attorney General. I would advise everyone to do the same as a class action we may get some resolution. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE. even the restaurants they "sell for" have nothing good to say about them. They are ripping people off on both ends!

angiep7
4/30/15

In my experience, it offers poor quality in many of the deals.

markw127
4/30/15

everyone thought they are going to revolutionize the web shopping, but they just killed it, not enough deals. GroupOn Now suffers by having same deals over and over, get more customers in order to attract people to your website

elaineb26
4/30/15

Terrible customer service. Will never use groupon again for large items. Ordered a bed, wrong one delivered, plus it was damaged. Have received one email from them asking for photos, sent photos. 2 days later still waiting for a reply. i have sent about 4 more emails, all ignored!!!
Never again!!

melanier16
4/29/15

Not as good as living social customer service wise but they have great deals. Refund policy sucks though. Really should make it like living social - return before it expires whatever the reason for a credit! 3 days to get it back cash. Now that's fair.

reneek8
4/29/15

I find some wonderful deals for some of my favorite places here... the only thing is that lately, LivingSocial seems to have more things I'm interested in.

waynek31
4/28/15

I have purchased 3 groupons that were mostly food related, because I love to eat out! The groupon changes daily and it's typically around 40-50% off. The reason that I only rated it 3 stars is because LivingSocial its main competitor has also launched in the area.

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: What should I do to get back vouchers that I bought but haven't redeemed yet from the list of My Groupons? When I get into the MY GROUPONS , it stated that "My orders-You have yet to make any Groupon purchase(s).",but actually I bought 3 vouchers already.They disappeared from the list after one month purchased.Please tell me what should I do to get them back by email to me (quikping@gmail.com)!Thanks in advance!
8/2/13
Answer
heathers3
A: What does this have to do with groupon.com?
4/25/10
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I'm looking into buying a gold chain for my boyfriend. Reading the reviews, I noticed groupons isn't great for services or vacations. Its a solid gold chain for about 80 bucks. Can somebody tell me if this purchase is yay or nay. I do not want to waste money
4/11/15
Answer
maxineb8
A: I almost bought a 3 carat diamond ring and saw reviews so I didnt. 99% of what I bought has been great experience. I gave only bought name brand things and a lot of things come very fsdt. Some slower. I'm not sure I would buy the jewelry. I've been going to overstock and eBay and find a store with at least 99% good reviews. I have not had a bad experience from eBay. Hope it helps
4/12/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Groupon

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Groupon to save!
Go to Groupon