US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

robinr24

Tried for almost 3 weeks to resolve my issue using email and Groupon's posted customer service number - and nothing. (in 274 reviews)

nicoles11

They do save your credit card number as I've read from others. (in 57 reviews)

rickb4

2 weeks after that, they sent me an email announcing my store was "too small" for their site. (in 39 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

heathern12
3/6/15

This is the second time I've been gifted a groupon and it's worth nothing. A $40 massage that I can't get an appointment for until months later when the deal is expired but still group on won't give me an exchange !! The business isn't returning calls , doesn't matter, no quality control. I think that groupon treats businesses so poorly that the businesses don't care about the customers, and then we are stuck paying for these deals that mean nothing!

sallym21
3/5/15

I got a gift certificate for a massage with GROUPON- Massage Works at Level 3 Spa and Salon in Albany, Oregon. The only person who gives massages with GROUPON is a male. There are females at the spa but they don't use Groupon. This was never disclosed to my friends who gave me a gift certificate. The Spa told me to give the gift certificate to someone else who doesn't mind getting a massage from a male. In other words, I'm screwed because he's got his money. NEVER again will we use GROUPON.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT go to Level 3 Spa and Salon in Albany, Oregon. RIPOFF

lizm29
3/5/15

Most things are shipping slow. This order took forever. I have large dogs, they sent pieces of Antler. I would not give these to my dogs, it would be a blockage. the package is 26.00 save your money.

Tip for consumers: I was under the impression I was getting a deal from these folks. I have to be honest and tell you anything I have purchased was no GREAT savings. I did better or the same on Amazon or ebay. Please know many things on group on, you cannot return.

nickellm
3/3/15

I order many many things from this site. They always help if you need it But I'm finding more businesses that reality don't respond our you can't get ahold of anyone. They always refund my money but just noticing it happening more lately. Like they get overwhelmed with the response and just give up lol. Will continue to shop because i love the site. Would highly recommend

johnb362
3/3/15

I wish they gave better photos that you could zoom into to see details or compare them with something standard so you can see how big it is.

richardn26
3/2/15

I have bought dozens of Groupon offers. My kids make fun of me at times but I enjoy the offers popping into my emails because it jogs my memory to look for birthday and holiday gifts before it is too late. I often check the pricing with Amazon Prime but rarely have I been disappointed with the product I purchased

amberr7
3/2/15

Don't waste your time. I bought groupons only to have issues redeeming them. The deals seem too good to be true and truthfully they are if you can't redeem them.

jimo19
3/1/15

I have used this site to save at least $100 at a local butcher and the same amount at a local pizzeria.

markp86
3/1/15

We always look for a Groupon before we go out to dinner, shopping etc. We have used Groupons for years now and we love it.

paulb165
2/28/15

can't book the rally day event I purchased as they are booked up and have lost the money. Never use these idiots again

Tip for consumers: Don't bother, they rely on you not reading the terms and conditions to make money out of you.

mikec147
2/27/15

I started a deal with groupon in 2013 I tried to change it in December 2014 put numerous calls into groupon and never heard back from anyone finally got in touch with some person who told me he would change it for me and never called me back finally after more numerous calls and no response I told anyone calling to redeem the vouchers that I could not except them and to call groupon for a refund so finally after a few people decided to call and get refunds groupon calls me ,of course because they were losing money now and when I explained the situation to a roman cota from groupon ,o and by the way he was my primary contact that I was told he did not work there anymore , that was the reason no one call me back which was a line of grap, roman stated he was going to send an email to the other person to call me but instead I received this ,,,,Thank you for speaking with me earlier, and once again I'm sorry to hear that you are no longer honoring vouchers at your business. Since you are no longer able to honor Groupons, we have stopped any future payments. so I will be contactinf a lawyer in regards to this because there should be no reason to hold any payments for vouchers redeemed.
so I hope someone reads this and will avoid dealing with groupon

bojann
2/26/15

They offer great deals but beter read all the details you may need before you decide to make a purchase.

Bojan

ashwanij
2/26/15

Please do not take any deal from this website. i ordered a product which says that it will be delivered in 7-8days.. they delivered the product after 1month..

leob48
2/26/15

I've been to a number of restaurants with a friend who uses groupons, and they're NEVER worthwhile.

First, the day is almost always limited to Mon-Thu - that's not too bad, though, as that's at least made clear up front. However, it is also almost always the case that the menu offerings are restricted (in ways often not made clear) and that, when all is said and done, we'd have been better-to-much-better off, in terms of real value, NOT using the groupon.

IN PARTICULAR: Keep in mind that, since you've essentially paid beforehand, the restaurant has much the upper hand in terms of what it decides to dole out in the way of value. For example, we used a groupon for a 'tasting menu'. Although we paid $65 each, the portions were ridiculously small, and it was completely clear from the menu and from the people around us that we'd gotten a pretty lousy deal.

Tip for consumers: don't use groupon for restaurants that are anything more than a cheap place to begin with.

melvynk5
2/25/15

I sent groupon several e-mails about an offer that I found had terrible reviews, most mentioning groupon, after I received a gift of the item from my son. I had sent the offering company an e-mail and never received a reply.

Each e-mail to groupon got me the same reply that showed they had not red the e-mail, just generated an automated reply. I just wanted them to look at the reviews for printerpix on the web --- i sent them links --- and remove it from their offering.

Tip for consumers: Check reviews of the item you are ordering before you order.

estherg9
2/24/15

For the most part, I've had really great luck with Groupon and their reps. Some of the businesses they list deals for are less than stellar - but I've learned my lesson and research the business before purchasing the deal.

stephanien3
2/23/15

Groupon started off as a site with great deals. Now the deals are not nearly as good (I think because companies have figured out and it is not a good deal on their end). For instance, I once saw a coupon for a dinner for two for $59 that was $1 off the regular price for $60. I think I would rather spend the extra $1 for the freedom to go when I want to go and have an expiration on my Groupon. There are some good finds from time to time...but now it often goes to my spam folder...

lillyo1
2/21/15

They have great deals...It has all the information you may need before you decide to make a purchase. Even when I love its food deals now I am trying Restaurant.com too. I would recommend Groupon as a secure site.

azadehs
2/20/15

I bought a voucher from them, I had 3 month ahead to use it, then after 2 months I tried to get in touch with the company which was a beauty salon, they did not respond my phone calls. So I emailed them about the issue, first time no response! second time they told me that they are sorry for not informing me, the beauty salon just closed! And offer me with my money back.
but a thing is they should be responsible for what they offered, notify me by mail or phone call and automatically repay me, not waiting till I email them 2 times!

samantham28
2/20/15

I ordered a sofa bed for grandparents it didn't arrive when it was due to but 2 days later XDP delivery company turn up with wrong package dressing table!!!!! Phone groupon who said we have to wait 3 days till they can process a refund !!! But we wanted the sofa bed they said they can't re-delivery it has to be refunded then re-ordered but deal has now finished totally appalling service

joannal7
2/19/15

they false advertised flights and accommodation. and when we went to cancel i had to speak to 5 people and the situation wasn't even resolved i had to go to the bank and get them to get my money back. while talking to one of the costumer service people i couldnt believe what they said to me. instead of just saying ill give me a refund the rude lady said "cant you borrow money of family members". i have not been so shocked in my life that someone would say that. what type of service is this!..

Tip for consumers: DON'T BOTHER! this site isn't worth your money

shishboomb
2/19/15

I purchased an SD card that was defective and since the 14 days had passed they refused a return. I understand a regular return but if a product is defective that may not always be apparent within 14 days.

Tip for consumers: Be careful that you check out the quality of a product prior to the 14 days you have to report a defect.

crisp8
2/19/15

I have had some really good experiences but too many not so hot. Try to do some research on the companies first.

eliasb30
2/18/15

The good news is that you can save a lot of money. The bad news is that most bargains are in big cities. I live in a small city. I don't want deals on the other side of the big city. I want to see deals in or near my zip code

christina363
2/16/15

Groupon has been a savior multiple times! There are GREAT deals there & it's extremelt conveniant with the app. So happy with it! Definitely worth the FREE download!

henryr28
2/16/15

They put sky rocket tag prices on the items to make you think that they're giving you
a good deal.Its a good deal for people that don't know about quality.
My first and last...........rip off!!!!

Tip for consumers: DONT DEAL WITH GROUPON !!!!!!

katherineg6
2/16/15

I love their deals! Whether it is for a night out with the family or a romantic date for two groupon always comes in handy, thanks!

melaniew2
2/16/15

I spend WAY too much money on this site! I check groupon before doing anything! It makes for fun date nights, just hop on and click. Twice I have had to return items and it couldn't be easier. Great service, great company.

janat3
2/15/15

Doesnt deserve even 1 star. I ordered an item through mobile app, didnt ask me to add shipping address, i change my billing address, that was possible, but because their app doesnt work properly, the item will be send the previous address. I was not able to change or do anything with after just a few hours of purchasing it. The customer service sucks! They told me to go to my previous address(different state) and try to get the item. They were not able to refund me my money. Never ever

Tip for consumers: Dont use it

caroll35
2/13/15

Great items, include any thing you may want at a Special price. Returning items Simple & Easy, no fuss.

petterj2
2/12/15

Groupon is only ultimately good for a limited spectrum of buying already well known quality products at discount but not for anything else being sold because as some else said it doesn't seem like they investigate the offers,enforce consumer rights and or guarantee from fraudulent vendor activity.

jennaa4
2/10/15

Be aware! I ordered product which showed with the tracking number that it was delivered and left in my mailbox (with no signature!), however, I have never received it. It took me a whole battle to get my refund. The rudest and helpless customer service ever!

Tip for consumers: Don't order any valuable product. If UPS/FedEx/ USPS claims it was left somewhere for you, but you never received it, they will not refund your money.

marcil1
2/10/15

I purchased 4 things on groupon, and will never buy from them again. The products were all cheaply made, did not work and/or never received. They only have phone assistance Mon-Fir 9-5 then your on hold for at least an hour. Groupon does not respond in an efficient manner by email or handle complaints. I paid for a product in December that in February I still have not received and they suggested giving me Groupon credit as if I would ever purchase from them again or like it is my fault the merchandise was not mailed as required.

Tip for consumers: Don't purchase from them, products are cheap. You get what you pay for.

robins51
2/10/15

My experience with group on is mixed. I have come acrossed some deals but for the most part have found if I go directly to the business it's cheaper.

charlesj17
2/9/15

Trying to sell me products I do not want and spreads my email to everyone with a product to sell on line.

kellyt20
2/9/15

Have ordered a lot through Groupon. It seems that they are taking more an more items/deals that aren't really deals. Most recent was a local hair salon that talked about a $50 for a haircut and deep conditioning treatment for $15. I showed up and it was a fantastic sam's type place that regularly charges $9.95 for a hair cut and only $9 if you come in before noon. Do your research and have found some great new restaurants because of them as well.

m-af
2/9/15

when i see something on groupon that i think i might like i always go to amazon.com to check out the price and reviews to see if i am actually getting a good deal. sometime they have the same item, sometime not, but when they do it is a better deal on amazon. i recently purchased a sweater from groupon in an extra large. i like baggy sweaters. well... it is more like a small. in fact, i gave it to a friend of mine who is a size SIX! the groupon rep answered a question on the sweater page and said it was true to size. a big BS to that!

i have purchased tickets for hotels, trips, and to events and they are worth it for sure! i bought a hotel room in new york city in times square for a ridiculously low price and it was fantastic.

Tip for consumers: do not buy clothes unless you are a very small size.... 8 and under!

theresah9
2/9/15

Excellent site. I buy many things from this site. Any time there has been an issue, Groupon customer service has been wonderful. Giving refunds when deemed appropriate. Would definitely recommend buying from the site

ritar5
2/7/15

If anything goes wrong with your order, don't expect anything from Groupon other than pithy, placations, and useless "we're so sorry you're experiencing problems".
"We're happy to offer you a refund" is not service, it's an exit strategy.
If anything goes wrong, you're on your own.

denniss70
2/5/15

It a nightmare dealing with these people. 13 emails and 5 phone calls to their call centre in the Phillipines. They have 2 Australian phone numbers - one is disconnected and the other rings out! Their people are poorly trained and do nothing for you other than make stupid ill-informed comments - they asked for a screen shot of my payment which I sent. They wrote back the next day and said it showed Groupon crediting my account and not debiting it! Seriously!
I paid for the goods on the 7th January and it is now the 6th February and still no sight of them.
I will NEVER deal with them again. They should be reported to the ACCC for fraudulent and misleading conduct.

Tip for consumers: Just don't

tinah28
2/5/15

Groupon product is garbage..worse then seconds dont buy it. Once you receive it they make it impossible to return and tell you that you should have read the fine print. I received faulty electronics i am now stuck with and garbage swarofski earrings and they wont even reply to my emails. Other than services or gift certificates its a total gamble dont throw your money away..

gaylej2
2/3/15

I forget to check this as often as I should, but it is INCREDIBLE how many deals you can find for something you planned on doing anyway.

Tip: opt in for the reminders. You can delete the text message easily enough, but I have scored some incredible deals as a result of a notification!

angl15
2/2/15

Groupon has wonderful discounted merchandise, hotels, and entertainment options. We will continue to use Groupon. Their staff is always friendly and helpful.

danb97
2/2/15

Customer service is brain dead. i purchased 2 groupons and redeemed the. The items arrived damaged and that sites customer service blew me off. Now groupon customer service can grasp the info I have given them numerous times. I'm done!!!

garyb89
1/31/15

If you are thinking about buying a so called Groupon deal don't! Instead contact the business directly and they will more than likely sell you the deal directly. You will also get better service this way...no lame middle man.Just some free advice...

lindag57
1/31/15

I've bought many deals and always found them excellent, I especially like the products, always getting bits for the house like bedding, and check the garden section for great offers on hosepipes to plants

jadef1
1/30/15

I ordered some bedroom furniture on the 23rd jan, and a sofa on the 28th jan. After ordering I had a look on the reviews of groupon and could see a lot of them was bad, so I started to worry That I wouldn't get any on time/or get it at all.
But yesterday I go a text for the company delivering my bedroom furniture that it would be coming today between 8am-6pm.
The furniture arrived before 10am which I was happy about as I'm not waiting in all day for. The furniture has came in the time limit they gave me and I am very happy, don't know what I was worrying about.
The sofa should be at mine on 6th feb.

paulaj14
1/29/15

Groupon is a hit or miss for me. It almost can be a bait and switch. You many times have to be careful about the interpretation of what the offer is

julief33
1/29/15

What an absolute nightmare of a company. We ordered a king size bed bundle with mattress and bedding. Firstly the mattress didnt turn up to then find a piece missing . The support central rail was missing. Had to then ring groupon and all they could say was 14 days and you will then get a refund. Would never deal with this company again.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company. Absolute nightmare.

hillarym6
1/28/15

Products are okay, however they will not ship in the timeframe that is stated in the fine print. I ordered somthing a month ago and still haven't recived it and they said it would take 7 days. The best part it that im leaving the country so not I won't even get it, great jobs groupon.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: What should I do to get back vouchers that I bought but haven't redeemed yet from the list of My Groupons? When I get into the MY GROUPONS , it stated that "My orders-You have yet to make any Groupon purchase(s).",but actually I bought 3 vouchers already.They disappeared from the list after one month purchased.Please tell me what should I do to get them back by email to me (quikping@gmail.com)!Thanks in advance!
8/2/13
heathers3
A: What does this have to do with groupon.com?
4/25/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Groupon

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Groupon to save!
Go to Groupon