US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jeaniew1

I contacted Groupon customer service and they refunded me by giving me Groupon bucks. (in 470 reviews)

angela334

I also got confirmation email that they received my return & my $$ had been credited back to my credit card. (in 94 reviews)

sandrao3

But i just bought a Body Shop groupon 2 weeks ago and it expires on Dec 31st. (in 55 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

elig464
5/25/16

I bought a 1.5 CT Princess Cut engagement ring from Groupon and boy was it horrible. I paid $1,200 with a MSRP of $11k. Was so excited waiting for it but as soon as I opened the box, my heart sunk into my gut. I couldn't ask my girlfriend to marry me with this ring. I took it to multiple jewelers and none of them would buy it from me. Not even for $500! I tried to get a refund but they had a no refund policy. I will not buy anything from Groupon again!

lucyb31
5/24/16

I'm a regular client. I love Groupon. Never have had to pay for shipping/delivering. First price is what I pay. Easy payment, easy web, easy login. I received the purchase before 3 days.

coreyc20
5/24/16

Need more customers so it's worth it for the consumer to bother to look more frequently..try lower rates for businesses

robb593
5/24/16

Great options if looking for something different or at last minute.

suzanneb24
5/24/16

Makes sure to read offer carefully! Services offered maybe better than products sold.

lisar89
5/24/16

Good deals on many items, places, trips, etc... I went to Vegas & stayed in a 4 star hotel/casino with pool, restaurants, etc. for 5 nights at a cost of $128.79 in full total with a Groupon deal. :) It was the best & much needed.

williamc174
5/24/16

Just told by Christopher E. at Groupon customer support that he can't honor the purchase I made 14-days-ago of a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses. I made the buy with a 50% coupon sent to me for Groupon Goods. The purchase was complete. No need to do anything else, they would be sent in two weeks at the latest. Now they are giving me back my money, but I need to wait 10 days for that to clear. And nothing about losing the 50% discount. He said it COULD have been due to inventory shortfall. But they still have plenty of Ray Bans for sale. They could have just explained the situation and honored the price they gave me for the glasses and sent me a replacement pair. I have lost trust in their business, and will not buy any Groupon Goods again. Buyers beware!

barbarak31
5/24/16

Give it a try. No regrets.,

hopeh10
5/23/16

The bracelet broke within two hours of purchase. I couldn't return it as my friend came after the expiration date. Would suggest you purchase elsewhere.

linam14
5/23/16

las cosas llegan denmasiado rapido y funciona a la perfeccion

arisb1
5/23/16

At first I was hesitating to actually order a Groupon item, but I have not yet been disappointed. Be aware, however, you need to scroll down and read everything. Sometimes the fine print will determine whether or not you will ultimately order that item. Example: Make sure you check the location of a car wash or car service before purchasing.

bobn32
5/23/16

I have bought numerous items through Groupon. Some were good, others bad. But Groupon support helped me through all problems I have had. And the prices can be incredible!

tamsine
5/22/16

letting themselves down by not vetting companies properly

melvinp8
5/21/16

Love getting discounts from Groupon.

marcusw32
5/21/16

Excelente site para compras. Encontramos muitas coisa barata por a compra ser coletiva

lynnem21
5/21/16

I have used Groupon a couple of times and so far I have enjoyed the experience

ajf4
5/21/16

Excellent stuff and stuff with their stuff.

hollym37
5/21/16

After 12 days of chasing up my item I still havnt received it, after speaking to customer advisor step who assured me if have it by this Friday just gone, and now its Saturday and i have spoken to Groupon 7 times and still no parcel . Money left my account a week ago

amandat69
5/20/16

Item promised to be delivered in a week. Its now almost a month later and item has still not turned up. Have spoken to customer services each time but they don't actually provide a service. Just keep saying that they have escalated it and I will get an email. It is late already - way too late (intended as a birthday present) so why do I have to wait another 10 working days (yes - two weeks) just to escalate my complaint? I know what's coming - will have to wait another stupidly long time to get a refund. Just don't bother buying from them.

janicei2
5/18/16

When you want a GOOD deal...GO to GROUPON! They offer everything...sometimes even the kitchen sink. You never know what you are going to find...but I can assure you-you will find something delicious to eat at a discount, a form of excellent entertainment at a discount, and/or a Groupon Get-away with a discount! Not to mention all the Spa & Relaxation and Salon Service offers they make available to everyone in wherever YOUR area is...I promise!
I must mention also that GROUPON always stands behind their purchases. They have excellent customer service...which is very prompt and polite. You will feel taken care of, that is why you will keep coming back.
Good Times=GROUPON. Make plans and let everyone know about it-you will earn $$$ for your referrals. The good times go on and on.....

AND..I forgot to mention...it cost ZERO $$$ to join.
What a great GROUP to be a part of.
Get your GROUP-ON Today. You will thank me, have fun! :)

tamarar12
5/18/16

great deals on local hair removal and Hair stylists. That's what I usually buy. But I also have purchased jewelry... and I've seen some great restaurant deals.

mikhailb1
5/18/16

Just a great idea, just a great site

crystalj19
5/18/16

You can get great deals... Not all though are great, I've seen some that weren't really worth it. Just know the original price before buying.

rbst
5/17/16

No discount is worth the embarrassment of having two concert seats purchased the same time obeying all the famous fine print and not seated together. At groupon customer service is an oxymoron. They mess up and have no accountability. We need another player to rise in their market and end the misery.

melanieq1
5/17/16

On 2 occasions I have placed an order on the same product that was ordered and both times a few days later Groupon was unable to provide the product. Issued a long letter via email (generic I'm sure) stating their apologies and how this was unacceptable and will be refunding me.
Well, being in Canada the refund is less in the end because of Visa fees. Groupon should be responsible for these fees especially when it is their fault for the refund to begin with.
FYI, the product was Dolce & Gabana Perfume and a Starbucks card that is only available in the U.S., but being sent through to Canadians.
These fees should be refunded directly to my credit card and not in Groupon Bucks. I will NEVER shop with Groupon again along with my friends and family. For a company which is growing and will not honour their mistakes fairly is unjust.

chrisj115
5/17/16

One app has so many offers to offer. No one is better than groupon.

cellphonei
5/17/16

They take 50% of what ever you sell this is rip off ...

waimingi
5/17/16

Purchase a convertible pet steps. Found product is flimsy. My pet doesnt use it and i put in closet. Until recently, i put up again next to my bed again. Pet still does not use it. One day i found the screws become loose. I found the screws dont fit well with the wood. It fell apart completely. Groupon said it is too late to return it. Terrible customer service and selling low quality products. The price is not the lowest. All prices gave been jack up to the roof to start with before discount.

johnd570
5/17/16

I have purchased 4 chrome tablets on Groupon. Two were delivered on-time and the other two were never mailed out. I have to call few times to Groupon Customer support team and explain my situation. The support team is from a different country and never truly understood the issue. Few days later, I was so fed-up and reached-out via email and the customer care person said, the product was shipped but they will issue a credit since it was so delayed etc and it was a gift from Groupon and keep the tablets.

The story never ends, I got the package and never opened it. And I was looking for my money and it was never credited to my account. After several follow-up with team, they came back and said they messed up in their response and I need to return the product. So I have mailed the product back to them. On their website it shows they only credited me for a single chrome tablet and not the second one. When I reached out to them via call center it was a disaster again. Standard response that they are still processing the package. Indeed, it is all in one packet.

Surprise, I got an email from Groupon while I am debating with call center rep that they never shipped the second item ( my bad, I never opened the package) and they will try to process another credit. I informed the rep the same but she still thinks that there is another package to be received from no-where. Gosh, it is such a mess and still I did not receive the credit for both items approximately, $89.

Groupon service used to be very good few years ago and very responsive and not anymore. I will never ever shop on with them. No matter how good the deal is. I have no faith that I will receive my credit.

tiffanym52
5/16/16

I love the fact that Groupon will follow you to different states and cities. Groupon has a wide range of deals and discounts and the website is very easy to navigate.

christinas61
5/16/16

I am using Groupon for focused shopping, particularly when traveling, I'll always check Groupon for great things to do at an affordable price. It offers super discounts for sightseeing and meals at both popular and lesser known but unique establishments. The merchandise has been of uneven quality. The prices are amazing, but if you are not familiar with the brand and specific item, it is best to ask questions and read the customer questions. I have gotten great deals here. The things that were not up to expectations were easy to return. Customer service was responsive and no hassle. Overall, great site when what you need is available.

gingerm10
5/16/16

I use groupon all the time

georged58
5/16/16

Great site to get the stuff you would by in a store or go on a day trip for a huge percent off. They even have vacations on this site it is worth checking out.

vladsd
5/16/16

It is now gone from Switzerland, but still a good coupon site in other countries. The service and coupons were of perfect quality.

amberr23
5/16/16

I was sold two vouchers to businesses that were closed and not refunded. My husbands account was hacked into on their site. Customer survice is absolutely rude and even the businesses visit through them say they are awful to work with.

jannam4
5/15/16

Ok, I'm all about saving money when I can. I also like to go out. I recently moved to Charlotte, NC and I wanted to explore what was close to me that I might be interested in. I had heard of groupon before but had never used it.
You can get access to just about anything on that site. From food to entertainment, like concerts, musicals, movie tickets, tastings of food and drink. Super deals on hotels and getaways, pet care, tanning packages, you name it and more than likely you can find it there.
My favorite thing is not only does it save you about 50% or more, but you can search locally. That's what I did and it's been a huge help by making everything super affordable, that include directions, links to the direct item you want, lots of info and reviews. I've had nothing but great experiences while having fun, saving money, and learning my new city. I'd most definitely recommend to at least check it out. Groupon.com

pouyah
5/15/16

If you value your customer and most importantly your business, stay away from groupon. They take days to get back to you, and when they do they aren't helpful at all. For us they had the irrelevant and in accurate information which they would not change, no matter how many times we tried. No assistance on the weekend at all. And most of the editing team is located off site where you can't talk to them. It was a very poor experience.

martino92
5/14/16

Groupon can be great for finding a new hair stylist or other service provider, but when you have difficulties with a service provider, Groupon is a pain in the arse. The following has happened more than once, so that now I am "gun shy" about "pulling the trigger" at Groupon. When you call a service provider several times and don't get a response, Groupon will then steal much more of your valuable time (not to mention your patience). They will pull stunts like give you a credit in "Groupon bucks" -- until you finally just complain to your credit card company. The time you waste is not worth it IMO. I bristle just thinking about dealing with their 3rd world moronic "customer service" reps.

Tip for consumers: Use at your own risk.

frankg84
5/14/16

I purchased an Acer laptop that was refurbished. The price was excellent and the shipping was free. The laptop was in perfect condition. Shipping was a little slow but that was to be expected. I liked that I could track the package and see exactly where it was every day. Overall, it turned out very well and hassle free.

bs93
5/14/16

merchandise can be sketchy at times and I've noticed a much stronger trend towards china lately. not like everything under the sun isnt made there anyway. (you can always thank mankind's unsatisfiable greed for that) but a lot more of the "obvious" chinese labels are showing up more and more. dont know wat im talking about? just compare there goods with the stuff you find on the original chinese classic FOB shopping website, Geek. its the same damn stuff! except Geek is waaaay cheaper but you have absolutely no idea what your really gonna get and when or if you'll ever get it. Things like massages and mani pedis are always a sure and fairly reasonable bet on Groupon though. stick to those and you'll be fine.

shawntrelld
5/14/16

I simply have great shopping and Pricing. Their deals are hard to beat and the Customer Service Responses are quick and professional.

Another site I have used repeatedly and will continue to.

davids522
5/14/16

I purchased breakdown cover from 2gether for my sons first car, he drove to the driving theory test center and when he was taking his exam I tried to start the car, after 8 or nine attempts it would not start so I called 2gether and they informed me that a mechanic would be with me in 60 to 90 minutes, but five minutes later my son came out elated having passed his theory test only to start the car with no problem's, I was then informed that I would be charged £98 for the call out, so I said keep the mechanic coming to check the car out, only to be told that if the car was starting and there was no fault there would still be a charge of £98 then I was sent a very threatening letter to say if I did not pay the bill the policy would be canceled!!! and the bailiffs would take goods from me to the value of the amount owed!!! so if you have a breakdown be aware that if you call them out and your car starts you will be charged £98 SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

aliceh72
5/13/16

Good offers especially when it applies to restaurants.

sunnye1
5/12/16

I bought a Vacuum machine from this site, its was never delivered and my money I didn't get back. please stay away from this site it a SCAM

mikem383
5/12/16

Very comfortable sheets. I Love my new sheets. I would recommend to anyone. It Was an excellent buy. Best sheets I ever bought.

jildab
5/12/16

I ordered some bracelets for my mom and sister for Mother's Day, 3 to be exact, and only 1 of them came in. The status online says it was delivered, but they weren't. And customer service says that I can't get a replacement or refund for the 2 bracelets my mom and sister never got. They weren't expensive, but it's all I could afford for them. I will never shop on Groupon again.

jom82
5/12/16

Not only are Groupon deals great, clear, honest, no hidden charges, IF there's ever a problem they get right on it and fix it. Great to work with!

rokbio

fast delivery

kawsarh1

J'aime bien

savannahl3
5/12/16

I previously ordered a cttw cubic earrings. Plus a necklace as well for s mothers day gift. I was very disappointed. It was nothing like the photo. I should of order only one gift just to see how the turn out would of been. Alot of the diamond pieces was missing on the rings and necklace. So I had to get her something else. I also ordered a 24 carrot Gold necklace that was way to small. It look like it came from a $.50 cents candy machine. I was very dissatisfied. There products are tacky and tasteless I'm very upset I ordered 27 items none if the look nothing like what I ordered. A big $250 waste. On plus side. Ups delivered promptly.PLEASE STAY AWAY BECAUSE THERE PRODUCTS ARE JUNK.

2,179 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

85 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

2 Coupons for Groupon

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Groupon to save!
Go to Groupon