US Government's NSF

600 W. Chicago Ave Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60654
Tel: +1.3128705288
sysadmin@groupon.com

People interested in Groupon are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

robinr24

Tried for almost 3 weeks to resolve my issue using email and Groupon's posted customer service number - and nothing. (in 355 reviews)

angela334

I also got confirmation email that they received my return & my $$ had been credited back to my credit card. (in 72 reviews)

debbiee3

Just got back from a vacation 2 weeks ago where we bought the hotel room with a groupon. (in 45 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

katm17
8/30/15

It never works-I won't be using again and their customer service is terrible.

joelr23
8/29/15

I bought couple tickets on Groupon, online for Cirque du Soleil, Varekai Show, August, 23rd. By the time I bought there, since I couldn't complete the purchase online, I had to use customer service online, they were really helpful, I was able to complete the tickets buy. But, at show time when I was claiming my tickets on will call office, they weren't able to find any where around through my email confirmation sent out by Groupon to me the nominal G-tickets. At that point I had to buy again my tickets for the show on tickets office. I was at a later time reviewing the confirmation and I couldn't find that G-tickets confirmation either, same over my Groupon. When I emailed back to Groupon, with an explanation of my events and trying to get a refund, their answer was adverse and I couldn't get not even a consolation coupon or something. Going forward I would recommend to general public stay away from buying on Groupon unless they are certain about their getting a clear confirmation, or a good G-ticket to the show.

beverlye4
8/28/15

There are a few good local deal, but be careful. Some deals actually cost you money. For instance, a local massage therapy package for $40 for a massage therapist that normally charges $80, only if you check another competitor, he charges $50 for the same $80 massage and does half hour massages for $25, which is all most people need, so by doing your homework, you save $15 by not using Groupon.
Another instance is a GoPro camera for $399. You can buy the same camera and set up on eBay for $389 brand new.
Many of the "deals" aren't deals because you find that the $30 flower arrangement certificate going for $18 buys you relatively nothing and the flowers you really want cost $150, so you are spending $120 of your own money on them with the $30 off you bought for $18!
in short, that bargain may cost you dearly and limits you as to where you can purchase or redeem the certificate.
There are a few good deals, but check out the manufacturers direct and check Amazon and eBay first because you might find cheaper deals there that save you money and give you greater options and choices.

marekl
8/28/15

I love groupon! They always have awesome deals, my wife and I are using them all the time. I love restaurant deals and my wife is always using groupons in beauty salons. That's also great that they have it in different countries.

nicb4
8/28/15

This is the worst experience I've had in my life , she works out of her home it was very dirty,and had a foul oder, she had multiple loud disrespectful kids stomping and running through out the house. I had reservation about continuing after my first impression but being as I paid already and drove to her and she was already and half hour late for outr session I stayed. She has a very nasty nice way of speaking to people and claims positive energy but gives off very negative , as she rubs me she goes to get something out if a massage bag and condoms fall in my view at this point I got up to leave I was very displeased with this service and would not recommend Mellisa Bagleys lavender lotus mobile wellness spa to anyone .

cesarz2
8/28/15

I purchased an item on groupon three weeks ago and it hasn't even shipped. Tried contacting customer support and even called 1800 number and no response at all. Three week? Really? I could get mail quick in a third world country. Shame on you Groupon and your groupon CEO. STICK WITH AMAZON PEOPLE. IT"S NOT WORTH THE 3-5% SAVINGS.

danb113
8/27/15

I recently had the worst online purchase experience ever with Groupon! I bought a cell phone from them only to find out they are shipping it to an address I lived at four years ago. I made sure before purchasing the phone that my address listed on Groupon's site was my current address. When I tried to call them to correct the mistake, I was told that I have two hours to call them about the error. Unfortunately, the confirmation was sent at 1:47 am while I was fast asleep. Mind you, there is still no tracking information posted which most likely means it still hasn't shipped! So I asked "what happens if who ever is living in my old apartment doesn't return it?" Their answer was "it gives you a definite OPPORTUNITY for a refund". What?!!! So they know they are going to send it to the wrong address and it may never be returned. What are they willing to do to correct this? "We can file a claim and TRY to get you a refund after you wait 7 business days to prove you didn't get it." My only hope is they ship it UPS who may be able to change the ship to address. Wonderful right? I will never buy another thing from Groupon and I sure hope anyone that reads this thinks at least twice before doing so. Oh by the way...there is still no tracking info. Dan in SC

julieh69
8/26/15

Why its like your codes don't work for me ?
Here is the link :- https://www.groupon.com/coupons/stores/hostgator.com

Problem is with this only. I have used your other coupons. They worked thats why I rated 4* ..

Thanks

zoed3
8/26/15

Although it is know for its great deal it doesnt have the fastest shipping.

talisas
8/25/15

always find good deals here. never had an issue

michellef48
8/25/15

I placed an order for a MacBook Pro and groupon sent an email stating there was an error and the order could not be processed. I had had just purchased another deal so cc/ payment was not a problem. It has been over 24 hours with no response from them except the automated explaining how to have your issue reviewed.

reidr4
8/24/15

Occasionally things I have ordered from here are pretty decent. But a lot of the stuff is poor quality and not really as pictured or described. I ordered a hammock recently which is great, but the bike lights I ordered were useless, wouldnt stay on the bike, and burnt out after only 3 days of sitting on a tabel after installing them on the bike failed. Also bought a different bike light recently that claimed to create a flashing red "lane" for cars to see you but it seems they installed the light in such a way it hits my legs and not the street. The regular flasher works fine on that product, but I bought it for the "lane-maker" light, I already have a regular red blinking light. Also, the gold charm necklace I bought was much smaller than pictured, and has trouble staying on my front, it gets caught in my hair and on my shirts because it is so small and delicate.

cecilym
8/24/15

Overall pleased with Groupon great items at a great price. Occasionally, Orders can take A WHILE, I recommend checking the shipping time before you buy.

dianned3
8/24/15

There are other comparable sites in our area but none have proven to be managed and executed as well as Groupon. Each offer displays in detail what to expect and includes the merchant's web site and/or telephone number so that you can research the deal before you buy.

After using several other sites with similar offers, we have always returned to Groupon. Groupon has become our number one source for fantastic deals especially when you can apply their promo codes in addition to the merchant's price. Groupon is the BEST!

deborahl28

Do not use this

nurainis
8/23/15

I have ordered 6 items from Groupon since its going to be my Festive Season. Out of 6 orders, 2 orders has been sent to me very late and that I have to contact them several times. 2 of my orders was been cancelled after more than a month and yes I have received one of the refund and still waiting for another refund without giving any compensation.

Two of my orders been cancelled after SEVERAL CALLS AND EMAILS to them. Last email written by them after my call complaining of not receiving my item. One of the statement saying that they have delivered the item to me!!! WTH!!! So do they actually get the message of my call saying that I did not receive the Item. Contacted them again and one of the customer service said that we will refund you back.

I really dun expect their Service is so bad. Need customers to call and send emails to them several time but nothing happened and in the end "We will refund you back" that will be after more than a month.

gerriw
8/22/15

I bought an iPad mini keyboard case and it cracked the corner glass. Wrote to groupon about it and all they offered was a $10.00 credit toward a future purchase! I now have an iPad that's been rendered unusable because of this defective product but I guess I should be grateful to them for $10.00 to spend with them if I should be dumb enough to ever buy anything from them again!

jacquelinel9
8/21/15

clothing product is of good quality

lorie38
8/19/15

have used Groupon a few time and only 1 time was ok the last was for The Vinyard at Florance Hawaii night and wow what a rip off I suggest staying away from both of these companies. bout the tickets stated night of fun pig roast wine tasting etc. said good for admission well yes good to just walk in the door. everything else cost no where did it metion this drove over 2 hours rt and was so mad. but Groupon says it said admission yes it did but also said wine tasting, pig roast etc...

addiey1
8/18/15

I give this site an A++, I always get good groupons, I love this site

shelleyg7
8/17/15

I purchased 6 pair of earrings from Groupon. When the earrings arrived they had been mailed loose in a bubble envelope and 3 pair had broken posts.
I have contacted groupon once before about a different problem and was promised a credit which I never received. This time I didn't bother. I will not purchase from Groupon again.

katel65
8/17/15

But more hits than misses!

claudiah6
8/17/15

Do not buy anything in Groupon where you have to make an appointment. I still have 2 or 3 expire groupons that I could never used because the providers never returned the calls or the appointments where for a time that only someone who doesn't work can attend. It's a problem to request the refund and do not refund expire purchases even though the providers never return your calls. I lost around $120,00 because of this

dennisb75
8/16/15

You will get your stuff but pay an arm and a leg for it.

lucyb22
8/16/15

As a merchant, I did Groupon deals a few times. Most of the time, clients are nice. Sometimes they can be rude & vicious.

I am a Massage therapist. I opened my studio in 2014. My first deal was $29 swedish (Groupon takes your regular prices & sells it for 50% off & merchant keeps half of $29). Your first deal they collect 50%. If you sell alot, your new deals after the first deal, you can keep more. You need to negotiate with Groupon. The more services you offer, the more % u keep. It works well for service industry. Doesn't work well for products.

dennism79

Arrived a party of 4 of us for Buffet and drinks for deal advertised as:
"Ocean Bangkok Phrom Phong: Weekend A La Carte Buffet with Drinks at Ocean Bangkok."
[LOOKS GOOD EH?]

But,the only meal option was a card in a plastic holder presented listing a few dishes.
Drink list was similar,but restricted to several specific $#*!tails and certain beers.
Location was far from what the photos showed, and deserted,staff did not attend to us,we had to hunt someone up and tell them we were there for buffet as advertised.
I thought we had the wrong place at first.
No other diners were in sight and there were no tables laid out for dining.
It was as though we should not be there.
A couple of local ladies tried to look attractive by the pool though?
We did eat,and drink what was available rather that spoil our day,and the offerings were good,and the waiter tried to do his best to turn around our disappointment.
So as with a lot of Groupon promos,buyer beware!
As its not always like what you see in the pictures.
To be fair,even if the wording was tricky,adding the term A La Carte to the advertised buffet,maybe covers them for not presenting a buffet.

Tip for consumers: Yeh,when in Thailand,try using ensogo.com instead of Groupon.

stevenh77
8/15/15

I've never had great luck with their coupons.

robinj10
8/15/15

I don't understand all of these negative reviews. And who buys anything these days without reading the "fine print"? Sometimes when I read the fine print I decide against a deal that at first looked promising. I also thing their customer relations is awesome. Never had a problem when the groupon sponsor was uncooperative. Groupon quickly refunds my money. Fast. I usually buy a few of these per month.

They do have less bargains than they had in the past. And some aren't really bargains. But a sharp eye will do just fine. I love this site, and will use it until I experience a problem that cannot be solved. I've been a customer for several years, and so far, so good.

rozc
8/15/15

Bought a Groupon for a guided kayak tour for 2 and it was a complete fiasco, guide didnt show, read my review on tripadvisor, But GROUPON responded immediately to my emails and refunded my purchase price in full. Good on GROUPON

lp32
8/15/15

Love the idea of getting to try something once for a discount - this is your place to look for great deals on just about anything.

jamier43
8/15/15

Group of people working on groupon are absolutely amazing/ They are doing greater work here. Keep growing groupon.

amirz5
8/15/15

After 45 days still waiting for an item to be recieved. In the mean time I contacted the groupon customer support but they are not helpfull and they are only available on monday. Every monday they tell me wait for 7 to 8 days.

manuelk20
8/13/15

Groupon is the best site i have ever experienced

rhondau
8/13/15

I booked 3 different hotels through Groupon.com for my trip. I am from Canada and booked the hotels to stay in, in Canada. there is nothing that states the price is in U.S. Dollars. When I got my visa bill I was charged in U.S. Funds. Presently the exchange rate is 1.30 for every U.S. Dollar. When I called Groupon to ask why I was charged U.S. Dollars they said if I read the fine print I would have seen the statement about U.S. Dollars. I have been on Amazon, Hammachler Schlemmer, and Costco sites that all have Canadian and U.S. Sites. If I inadvertently was in their U.S. Site there was Warning that the site was U.S. Dollars. My complaint to Group On was solved with "read the fine print". Will never use the Canadian or U.S. Site.

judiths12
8/11/15

I have had better luck here with restaurants and goods rather than services. Carpet cleaning was a bust, but have purchased for restaurants I want to try or that are familiar and I like to frequent.

wh489
8/11/15

I have been pleased with most of my purchases and when I was not, I had no difficulty with returns and refunds.I highly recommend this website.

lisap54
8/11/15

50% off Groupon used to try a new restaurant. We received the same service and great food for half price. Good deal!

nancys25
8/11/15

I found Groupon to be an great site for a variety of reasons. Personally, I like the Massage/Spa coupons in my local area or when traveling plug in the city I am going to be in and take advantage of the Groupon. I traveled to visit my grandchildren and took with me many Groupon deals I had purchased at a great price. It was a win-win situation for both me and the grandkids. It gives one the opportunity to pick out something of interest that one would normally not purchase and try it out at a nice discount. I have never been disappointed!

mohaa

Good customer service

dianef24
8/10/15

I order a lot of things from Groupon. never had a problem. Also we always order groupons for restaurants. A good way to try a new place. But we order many for our favorite restaurants

kristib11
8/10/15

We are a new business and set up a groupon account to help with advertising and bring in traffic to our family owned and operated tire and wheel shop! After 3 months of our Groupon being active we had only one customer purchase... once we redeemed the groupon it was brought to our attention that we, as the merchant would only receive 50% or the money paid for our product. That would require us to have a 100% mark up. This was not information given to us upon set up. We will never use Groupon again.

debg8
8/10/15

My review is based on Being a buyer as well as a seller. As a buyer it was FANTASTIC! I had some inflammation in my nasal passages, and my ENT recommended reflexology. I found a fantastic esthetician who does facials and reflexology. She even honored the coupon for an additional 4 visits. So, 5 stars for buying. As a seller, I would rate it as a 2 star experience! I've had my coupon on their for two months now. not one sale. terrible promotion. They basically only allow their stock images, so your ad looks like everyone else's. They don't allow editing of the coupon after creating. I could go on!

Tip for consumers: Make sure and read the fine print if you are a seller! Their pay structure is TERRIBLE! If you are a buyer, check out the businesses website, Facebook or even call before placing your order!

chel219

Hi Business Owner,

DO NOT DO BUSINESS with Groupon. They charge you 25% of your deal and they keep another 20% and pay you half year later. We have $7000 that suppose to be released in March and Groupon haven't pay us any money since March. We contact customer service and they asked us to contact Payment center. We've been sending tons of email to Groupon payment center and no one has ever replied us. We contact customer service again and no one reply us either. Groupon is scamming a lot of business owner. They took all of the customer money and have the business owner to redeem it, but keeping the payment that suppose to release to the business owner. Now we still have $40000 groupon that customer havent redeemed. We lost money big time. Plus when we click the redeem on customer phone, sometimes groupon didn't redeem it on their side. Awful company

malcolmw12
8/9/15

I brought some tickets for a deal in Dublin was then charged extra for more convenient flights. Looked on Ryanair website to compare the costs of booking directly would have been 50% cheaper. RIP OFF

darrens35
8/8/15

They will spam your inbox with useless deals. Most of the deals are not very good and the ones that are have crazy restrictions. Read the fine print.

maxs61
8/8/15

Bought a restaurant coupon and did not notice the fine print that said a 10% charge would be added to the whole bill BEFORE the coupon discount given. WTF?

kaitlynm9
8/8/15

I ordered a Roku 2 from groupon and it never arrived. In order for UPS to do an investigation the sender has to contact them. I asked groupon to do this, and they refused and told me to ask my neighbors if they got my package.

brendat14
8/7/15

Went in not knowingknowing how to play but I soon caught on (after a few days.

chrisl104
8/7/15

They won't do anything for you...if you need to get your money back..better just leave groupn out of it..cuz they won't do anything..just tell your bank they screwed up..cuz it will take 3 weeks to get your money back ...even tho they can take it out of yur account immediately

mariam165
8/7/15

My package never arrived and customer service answered me to ask my neighbors

29 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: What should I do to get back vouchers that I bought but haven't redeemed yet from the list of My Groupons? When I get into the MY GROUPONS , it stated that "My orders-You have yet to make any Groupon purchase(s).",but actually I bought 3 vouchers already.They disappeared from the list after one month purchased.Please tell me what should I do to get them back by email to me (quikping@gmail.com)!Thanks in advance!
8/2/13
Answer
dawns28
A: Groupon is totally not a scam!
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I'm looking into buying a gold chain for my boyfriend. Reading the reviews, I noticed groupons isn't great for services or vacations. Its a solid gold chain for about 80 bucks. Can somebody tell me if this purchase is yay or nay. I do not want to waste money
4/11/15
Answer
anastasiac5
A: Never buy gold, diamonds, or jewelry unless you can see it in person. That should be your new motto.
6/9/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Groupon

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Groupon to save!
Go to Groupon