US Government's NSF

600 W. Chicago Ave Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60654
Tel: +1.3128705288
sysadmin@groupon.com

People interested in Groupon are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

robinr24

Tried for almost 3 weeks to resolve my issue using email and Groupon's posted customer service number - and nothing. (in 346 reviews)

angela334

I also got confirmation email that they received my return & my $$ had been credited back to my credit card. (in 72 reviews)

debbiee3

Just got back from a vacation 2 weeks ago where we bought the hotel room with a groupon. (in 45 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

deepikaa
7/26/15

I have used groupon to buy some home goods and have found the quality to be very average. I get better quality outside and at good prices .

patriciam69
7/26/15

I have used Groupon since its inception. Along the way, I have had a few glitches - products that weren't up to standard; services that definitely weren't up to par, and a couple other issues. Each time Groupon stepped up and corrected the issue or refunded my money. I feel comfortable dealing with Groupon knowing that they have my back. Keep going Groupon! I love the way you protect us consumers!

deborahp22
7/26/15

I've ordered many times and taken advantage of many offers and never had a problem

richarde23
7/25/15

some things are good. Don't buy hotel rooms here though. I meet good small business owners at an initial discount. The savings is enticing and I often stay with those I have great experiences with

brendas43
7/25/15

Groupon offers discount, could be a good thing except with Restaurants. Cheap is NO GOOD!! Cheap for no good reason is especially bad.

I was skeptical about Groupon when my partner wanted to try out with restaurants. As soon as he brought up about that we must present the groupon as soon as we walk in the restaurant or even when we make the reservation. I sensed something fishy.

Restaurants want to boost volume at a lower price, that is understandable. But do they want to loose solid money for these discounted volume? This is questionable.

We found our answers and proves during our restaurants visits. How the restaurants remain consistent profit? They cut corners....which correspond to their need to know that the suckers (discounted eaters) are coming when you present your coupon.

There is no better explanation or any other reasons that Groupon holders must show it up front (before they are served).

You do the math.

lisab149
7/25/15

Groupon obviously does not vet the companies they are recommending to their customers. I was just put in a very dangerous situation in South Florida. I was actually given a massage by a man who was NOT a massage therapist. I am shocked. It was an illegal business and I have reported it to the police and also code enforcement. This was after I did as much research on the Day Spa as I could. I also had a horrible experience by a housecleaning company who has since closed their doors. Then another business left a message on their voice mail saying "if you've purchased a groupon, better get your money back...". I am thoroughly disgusted with Groupon and am closing my account. They know they were wrong because they actually charged back my $149 onto my credit card and they NEVER do that! I would rather pay full price then be referred to these disgusting companies that do not deserve my business.

lilaw2
7/25/15

purchased deal for $50 worth of food for $20 only to find out you can't use it Thursday through Sunday

latherb
7/24/15

few nice trips from this site

kennyb10
7/24/15

I tried to purchase something from Groupon that was "a deal in my area" but when I clicked "Complete Order", I got a message saying that my address was invalid and to correct it? How can I correct the address that I get mail at now?! I contacted customer support and they just sent me a link to the USPS and then ended the chat without any kind of conversation or answers to my problem or anything. Poor business in my opinion.

karenc71
7/23/15

IF YOU USE THEM 1 TIME, THEY SAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER. I WAS SEARCHING THEIR WESITE AND 4 HRS LATER AND UNATHORIZED RESERVATION WAS MADE AND THEY DEDUCTED 550 FROM MY CHECKING AOCCOUNT. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE "MANAGER" YELLED INTO THE PHONE "i CANT HEAR YOU" AND DISCONNECTED THE CALL, i WASNT YELLING

satisfiedc2
7/23/15

I bought a deal from groupon for the Jennifer Bradley Class for a 1 hour make-up.I tried calling the lady at the center to book an appointment several times for weeks but she never answered the call or would tell me to call back at another time.One day she told me she will call back in two days.never did.and guess what ?the promotional value has now expired.
Bad company and poor customer service.

tims84
7/23/15

Ordered product 17 days ago. No shipping info provided yet. Contacted cust service via email. Got a response saying someone would respond within 72 hours. Called live support....agent could not tell me anything because a "service request ticket was filed and it was less than 72 hours" Unreal. Is the US Government running this place?

By the way....ordered from Amazon two days ago...my package will be here today.

prestonr6
7/22/15

Great service, Awsome deals. Have always gotten refunds no problem.

brians145
7/22/15

Occasionally get bargains, good site, no problems

pamd11
7/21/15

I have read some of the reviews to groupon goods, and I'm having the same issue of not receiving the goods and then not being given a refund from them. They are a rip off. Who has my stuff? I've ordered about 4 different items in the past 4 years, and the same thing every time - shoes twice, a watch, and a hair band. You'd think I'd learn my lesson, right?! And the people that I finally heard from were NOT helpful, but actually a bit snarky, but perhaps it's just the email communication thing.

johns935
7/21/15

Many places will not accept Groupon coupons. So watch out!

derrickb11
7/21/15

You do get what you pay for if it seems too good to be true.

tanyas15

Most excellent deals

gaganc
7/20/15

I get email with promo codes, but when u try to use them they don't work. My question is why do you advertise promo code with items which are not eligible... This is all fake and just trying to bring people shop thru their websites....

giod4
7/17/15

I purchased thru Groupon a vacation package Tour of Bangkok, Hong Kong, and Dubai with Airfare for my family and 2 weeks after we purchased it we were informed by the Tour Operator that the travel dates have changed and they can not honor the dates we purchased the tour for.
I am trying to get my money back and keep going back and forth between the tour operator and Groupon. No one is seems to own the issue and willing to help!

michaelw159
7/16/15

I ordered an iPad AIr from Groupon and after 8 days received the following email-
We messed up. We didn't have enough inventory to send you the product you ordered—we're so sorry for failing to deliver.

We've canceled your shipment, and are automatically issuing a refund to the original form of payment.

Please allow three business days for the refund to process—you'll receive an email after your refund is issued.
They can't deliver on what they sell. Never buying another Groupon ever!

faeema

AMAZON MUCH BETTER BUT FOR FOOD STUFF OK

anthonyh53
7/16/15

A seemingly convenient exaggeration of saving lures buys into convincing themselves they are saving more than they are. Expiration scams are rampant and groupon does not give refunds. Groupon is the shifty manager of a restaurant that offers you coupons on future visits after the chef wipes his butt with the toast on your $400 chicken sandwich. Customer service is outsourced to save them money where 3rd party call centers cannot refund your money.

lauras94
7/15/15

I save a lot of bucks thanks to them. However, there also many invalid coupons that make you lose too much time.

carlyj5
7/15/15

My experience was horrible, support is outstanding bad
Don`t use it!

anirudhd
7/14/15

Groupon used to be really the in-thing a while back. But, nowadays it has sort of gone down. Needs to imrpove

dannyg21
7/14/15

Love those Groupon offers. I subscribe to all the cities we travel. Can't miss.

geryc
7/14/15

Purchased Groupon dining offer for 2. Paid $49, value, $178.90. Used 7/11/15. Included: Wine tasting for 2; 3 whites, 3 reds. Value: $35, per person. Wines were mediocre and pourings, skimpy. Appetizer for 2: Each serving consisted of: 1 piece salami, 1 piece pepperoni, 1 piece rolled ham, 2 pieces of cheese, 4 olives, 1 mini hot pepper & 1 piece of toasted bread. Terrible!! Value: $26, per person?? Value: In reality, $3!! 2 Entrees: skirt steak with spinach. Steak was barely chewable. Spinach was burnt & tasted like "dirt!!" In lieu of 2nd entree, chose 2 appetizers. Roasted egg plant; mozzarella cheese was not edible, neither was egg plant, which was floating in a red sauce that had the consistency of tomato soup. Stuffed portabello mushroom looked awful & tasted worse!! Value: $21.95 each!! Server had an attitude, decor was dated, sparse and worn. The WORST dining experience......... EVER!!!!

Tip for consumers: My tip..........DON'T frequent 1742 Wine Bar, 1742 Second Avenue in NYC. Money would be better spent at McDonalds!! $49 can buy lotsa Burgers and fries!!!!

shayp3
7/14/15

GroupOn says 3 days refund, but you can't reach them in three days, be aware buyers. You call their telephone number 1-877-788-7858 and I was put on an hour wait, I really mean it...Automated machine stated "wait time is one hour", so, poor customer service, poor web site, you can never edit/cancel a purchased item the next day.

This is sad, the last time I use GroupOn, big mistake.

kristib10
7/14/15

I went to groupon found a great deal for 4 addmission tix @$40 half price... but then I have to go to the La County web page to enter a code and print tix. I do this and I am CHARGED A SECOND TIME for $40 so basically I paid FULL price on something I was suppose to get at half price. !! And yes I followed dierections and read ALL Fine print. Feeling kinda pissed off

surinderr
7/14/15

Offer for £19.... We regularly buy at £15 so why is £19 + £1.99 a good deal. It's a con!
Leave it out

lindat60

Fast service

jenniferb115
7/13/15

We used Groupon for several sevices (facials, dinner, hair ext) I Loved it, even switched for good to some of the new businesses, but DO NOT order any goods. We have given them several chances to redeem themselves but it's just one disaster after another. Fakes, broken & pieces missing, and just Total bait and switch Junk. Although I did not find CS as bad as others did, you will be on hold for days but most of CS do try to be helpful and apologetic.

pattib14
7/13/15

Bought tickets, for my granddaughter and I, to attend YoGabbaGabba! Live at Memorial Auditorium in Sacramento. It was easy to purchased the tickets, got a great deal and awesome choice of seats. My daughter in law uses Groupon all the time to find restaurant deals, mani/pedi spa deals, and local attraction discounts. It's great!

michellec83
7/13/15

I accidentally pressed the purchase button on a Getaway that I was still mulling over. To my dismay since my Groupon account is linked to my credit card information it immediately purchased the vacation. I immediately wrote to their customer service and received a reply that they had to ensure that the voucher they just gave me was not used by the travel company. I called the next morning to Groupon customer service and they said they had not heard back from the travel company. I waited 2 days and called again and Groupon customer service said they have heard nothing from the travel company. The representative refused to try to do anything for me. He said there was nothing he could do but wait. This is $2000 they have stolen from my account and based on how redeeming works I only have 3 more days before the offer expires and I'm screwed anyway. I have a feeling Groupon never contacted the travel company and will send me some email stating that the offer code, coupon, voucher blah blah has been used and there is nothing they can do. Which will then force you to have to re book some other god awful vacation through them at another time. This is daylight robbery, poor customer service, and has SCAM all over this website. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE! Save yourself from losing your hard earned money and giving yourself a headache.

michelles98
7/13/15

I have used Groupon for gifts of Wine, Jewelery, Hotel trips to casinos for myself, vitamins,
electronic devices, new telephones, bathroom shelving, sheet sets --you name it.

I have always been 100% satisfied. When I needed help customer service was there when
I needed help and straightened out my issue. I love Groupon. I always get am excellent
value!

dheerajm1

Good products

deborahp21
7/12/15

I've used Groupon and was happy with the experience. I ordered a Groupon for Shutterfly--good value and Shutterfly accepted the discount code without a hitch. Mine was a first-time order, so Groupon sent my friend her $5 referral groupon as promised. She uses Groupon quite often for local museums, restaurants, and zoos, so I've benefited from the service even when I wasn't the shopper. I can't always find a Groupon for something I need, though--can't have everything.

michaels277
7/11/15

Pictures on the website are way too off from what I've got. And at the end they gave me $50 of Groupon money. $#*!ty website and helpless CS I've ever deal with. It was expensive mistake. Never deal with this guys. App deleted and lesson learned.

janetk15
7/11/15

product bought was different from what was shown online

anjalit
7/11/15

I took one offer (999) where it say body massage 60 min... Since I m carrying I took head massage and foot massage instead of body massage. They finished head massage in just 10 mins.money also they took before I started taking services.

mitt9
7/10/15

Cheap and affordable travel packages..

michellem100
7/8/15

I purchased 4 tickets to an exhibit - intended on using them but my family has been dealing with a very serious illness. The exhibit is still there, and is still ongoing but my tickets are no longer valid due to their "fine print" - which means i am OUT $120.00. When I ask where my money went to, i get the same song and dance, too bad, so sad, better luck next time response. I will NEVER use them again. RUDE, arrogant thieves.

Tip for consumers: make sure to read their "fine print" as I have been reminded OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

selcuki
7/8/15

All items I purchased here, watches, perfumes even iphone chargers are fake

js160
7/8/15

Groupon is awful. They have no concern when their groupons are not honored or when the products are not received! I purchased a hair color/cut from them a year ago and the stylist could never seem to work me in to get schedule no matter how far out I called. Groupon said "too bad - not our problem".

Then last month I bought some earrings from them. I only received 2 of the 3 pairs and again Groupon said "too bad - we show the post office delivered them so we don't care. They told me to check with my neighbors but there was nothing Groupon would do. "

NEVER will I buy from them again!

danielat4
7/7/15

i bought a tv in groupon. WOST DECISION EVER. they have this craZy 14 day policy for returns (not even clothes stores have a 14 day policy) and they took a month to deliver my tv. Soby then the 14 day policy was over. After a month of using my tv, the tv stops working. I sent an email complaining and they cant do anything because of their policy. Groupon is not reliable and every experience I had with it was just a bad and sad. Please stay away and don't waste your time here. You have been warned

jagroopa
7/7/15

I have my eyes on this all the time, I've made a lot of purchases and I've always been happy.

stevec115

Best experience

xeniac
7/7/15

Every time i call its a hour wait then when i get someone, they just offer a refund not an equal value of what was paid, they dont check merchants they do business with. ALL SCAM u can find things cheaper yourself or any other respectable website. GROUPON does NOT deserve your money

mary-lynnw
7/6/15

I have bought many things off Groupon & if I have ANY issues they give me a refund (only to their website) but I always find something great to buy.

18 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: What should I do to get back vouchers that I bought but haven't redeemed yet from the list of My Groupons? When I get into the MY GROUPONS , it stated that "My orders-You have yet to make any Groupon purchase(s).",but actually I bought 3 vouchers already.They disappeared from the list after one month purchased.Please tell me what should I do to get them back by email to me (quikping@gmail.com)!Thanks in advance!
8/2/13
Answer
michelef14
A: I have never had a problem with any groupon I have purchased. I just used a voucher today without any problems. There was one instance when I knew I was not going to be able to use my groupon and I went to my account, clicked on my groupings and asked for a refund. I'm sorry this has happened to you. Hopefully you will get it straightened out.
6/25/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I'm looking into buying a gold chain for my boyfriend. Reading the reviews, I noticed groupons isn't great for services or vacations. Its a solid gold chain for about 80 bucks. Can somebody tell me if this purchase is yay or nay. I do not want to waste money
4/11/15
Answer
anastasiac5
A: Never buy gold, diamonds, or jewelry unless you can see it in person. That should be your new motto.
6/9/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Groupon

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Groupon to save!
Go to Groupon