US Government's NSF

1st Review:
angelaw

845 Reviews for Groupon.com

Review Highlights

“Where is the Group On coupon?” Dan Abushanab demands.

I paid for my voucher and my order was never fulfilled.

Not enough customer demand means it's down here from there.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

4/16/14

I purchased a groupon for Air soft thousand round session. It was a surprise for my grandsons. They informed me several of their friends had been injuried playing this and they did not want to do it. Groupon states the amount you pay never expires. They do not make it clear that amount is only good at the company stated on the Groupon and is not good toward any other groupon purchase, as I felt I was led to believe. I think this company lacks integrity.

4/15/14

I had a bit of a sticky situation and Caitlin at Groupon resolved it to my complete satisfaction, with just one phone call. Instilled confidence in the Groupon process. Thank you!

4/10/14

We love running auto glass deals with groupon. They are great to work with and always profitable. Thank you groupon.

4/9/14

I will never purchase goods from Groupon again. Products come from overseas and are second rate. Local restaurant deals are good though

4/8/14

I bought a lenovo PC from them. When I opened the box, it was a different one. When I tried the return the item online, the attempt was rejected as they label the item as "final sale".

The fact is under the production description, they claim it is "Free Return". When I emailed the customer service, I was told that they would send me a prepaid shipping label as one time exception "as we are close to the 14 day return window". I reported the problem within minutes of taking delivery. How could it be close to the 14 day return window?

Just be aware they operate on tight budget. What you get may not be what you want!

4/4/14

Groupon frontline staff appear to be sympathetic and concerned when you contact them with an issue, for example, I have an issue where the merchant refused to honour the groupon value, and would only only honour the value I actually paid groupon. Groupon frontline staff advised one of their reps would contact me via e-mail, but no contact ever received. This is the second time I've lost money on Groupon deals, and will no longer use their service.

4/4/14

Horrible customer service!!! I used to love this site. They used to stand behind their products and would offer a refunds if merchant did not fulfill as promised. I purchased a groupon but when tried to use the merchant could not honor so they told me to contact groupon for a refund. I explained the situation to customer rep but she insisted they did not do refunds even thought the groupon was not expired and merchant would not honor. Even worse, customer rep had a horrible attitude and when I asked if I could speak to someone else she hanged up the phone. Never doing business with this company again!!

4/3/14

Ran a deal campaign with group on. They have falcified statements about refunds that they could not provide any proof for. They also have incompitent sales staff. Basically they are scamming businesses. Beware of scammy voucher companies.

3/31/14

I found that it wasn't the service, that was difficult but in seeking to cancel my subscription to the site, there is a part as you seek to unsubscribe, that has an activated picture with a man at a desk...Underneath are the words, "PUNISH DERRICK!" AND THERE IS A DECISION ON THE PART OF THE PERSON WHO IS LEAVING THAT THE ONLY WAY THIS COULD BE DONE IS TO DO JUST THAT! (SITUATION ETHICS) AND THEN A MAN COMES INTO THE PICTURE, AND ANGRILY PUNISHES "DERRICK"! BY MY !!!!! UNWITTING
DECISION ...
.WORSE......THE WORDS COME UP........"THAT WAS PRETTY MEAN..I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY! ..WANT TO MAKE IT UP TO DERRICK? RESUBSCRIBE!

ABSOLUTELY INEXCUSABLE..........I WAS SO INSENSED AND UPSET........THIS IS WRITTEN BY EXECUTIVES WITH SOME STANDARDS IN BUSINESS, AND ANY CHARACTER WHATSOEVER? TO PUT CUSTOMERS AND ANYONE IN SUCH A POSITION AND THEN TO BERATE THEM IN SUCH A WAY IS EVERY REASON TO NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH SUCH A SHAMING AND ANGRY ATTITUDE.
FOR SHAME ON YOU! I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BUSINESS PRACTICE SO LOW, AND IF YOU THINK YOU ARE BEING CLEVER , YOU ARE NOTHING BUT OFFENSIVE TO SAY THE VERY LEAST. YOU STILL HAVE NOT UNSUBSCRIBED ME, AND I HAVE HAD TO "PUNISH DERRICK" A NUMBER OF TIMES. IT STILL UPSETS ME.
THINK AGAIN PEOPLE. AFTER READING THAT, DO YOU THINK THAT IT WOULD REALLY MAKE ME RE-SUBSCRIBE? I HAD NOTHING AGAINST YOU , I JUST HAD TO CUT BACK. NOW, YOU HAVE MADE YOURSELVES CLEAR, AND I COULDN'T POSSIBLY DO ANY BUSINESS WHATSOEVER WITH YOU.. I HOPE THAT OTHERS READING THIS WILL DISCOVER THIS VERY POOR METHOD OF KEEPING CUSTOMERS...SURPRISE, SURPRISE...STILL INEXCUSABLE. PAT SELF IT IS ALSO ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIIND A SOURCE TO CONTACT TO BE HEARD.........WONDER WHY? GOOD SITE ..POOR BUSINESS PRATICES

3/29/14

I don't think I would have had a dating life in college if it weren't for Groupon =) This website is great!

3/28/14

I love Groupon. I have done so well with getaways, dinners, family outings, salon treatments. I have had nothing but excellent experiences with my Groupons. My one gripe is when receiving med spa services, some places stipulate tipping on the full amount of service (not the Groupon price). I'm sorry, I just don't agree. Some of these Medical spa treatments like I-Lipo or Lipo-Ex are way over priced and extremely brief services with little to almost no work for the technician administering these services. Many require getting laser paddles strapped on to the body and the timer set on the machine and the technician leaves the room. I was a bit resentful of the somewhat demanding note posted on the wall of one med spa office. I use Groupon because I would not otherwise be able to afford these over priced med spa services and to have to add a $75 tip for a 20 minute treatment is just ridiculous and defeats the purpose. It also makes me wonder what sort of service I will get on my second treatment because I gave a tip based on what I paid for the Groupon.

3/24/14

Groupon used to have prompt, english speaking and understandable customer reps. Now I can barely understand what they are trying to communicate, and when I can, it is totally unrelatable to the situation at hand. Closing my Groupon account today.

3/19/14

Worst service ever! !!
I just don't believe that this can happen in Canada.
I bought a Valentine gift for my wife and specifically called them to deliver it on time. I never received the gift. ..as it had fake DHL tracking no. And when I enquired, the answer was we are very sorry. .. there should be some legal action taken against this company. ..

3/19/14

I don't know how did I miss looking at the reviews before making any purchases from them!!! In one word they suck!! I have never received anything that I purchased and the customer service reps are as rude as they can be when you call them to ask for help regarding the missed items. SIMPLY STAY AWAY!!!

3/18/14

I've ordered many times from GROUPON and it's been disappointment after disappointment, and not to mention RIP OFF.

Ordered some BEBE sunglasses, they sent me the wrong color.

Ordered lawn care services, the Company did not show up on the last appointment, not fulfilling the GROUPON and what I paid. GROUPON did NOTHING about it. Once the voucher is redeeemed, it's out of there hands. So basically you can order a service and if it's a con, rip off or crappy business who does not follow through, or provide crappy service, you're out of luck and out of the money you spent.

Recently we purchased the GROUPON for a full house air duct cleaning, from Air Duct Cleaning Services, out of Modesto, CA. http://www.aductcleaning.com/ DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Needless to say, it was a complete and total rip off. They did not clean our ducts and were only in our home for maybe 30 minutes. Did not have a tall enough ladder to service all of our vents. Left my home a mess, and tried to convince us that our furnace needed cleaner which would cost an additional $200, which was cheap, regularly $400.

I have cancelled my GROUPON account. And will never do business through this site again.

You get what you pay for. And there is a reason why crappy businesses do business through GROUPON.

3/17/14

Can take up to 48 hours to hear back from customer service. Most reps seem to have no clue as to what is going on.

From business standpoint, payments are rarely, if ever, on time. It is very difficult, almost impossible to find out if the payments are accurate. If you cancel your deals with them, they will freeze you out of the merchant center, so you can't even verify vouchers that had been sold.

We ended our agreement early December, on vouchers that were to have a 90 day expiration date and somehow are still getting vouchers that are valid. It's odd. But try to speak with someone about it? {sigh}

3/16/14

I ordered a pretty necklace. I want to return it because it's very heavy but the fine print says it's not returnable. I think groupon should have better descriptions of the products they sell.

3/13/14

I had bad experience with groupon for last 3 month,almost everything I purchased was not exactly they advertised. It is takes forever for them to ship.,I placed order Feb.25 and its still not shipped , when I called custom . serv. lady said its takes 12 working days to process the order and plus 12-14 days to ship. It is very stupid answer because it is should never take so long , it is a lie. I make a lot online purchase but its never took so long. We make purchase paying imidiatly and the they does not bother to ship our items , using our money for 3-4 weeks..before shipping. Beware that what they advertising does not exactly the same. Lady in customer service is very rude with big mouth that I coud not to talk with her ,hang up.

3/12/14

They say it will take 6 to 12 bussines days but in reality it takes 6 to 12 weeks. Lucky that they are an online store, I can't go and buy someting to pay it 12 weeks later.

3/11/14

I wrote a complaint/ recommendation letter to groupon consumer service awhile back regarding their claims on shipping goods to customers. I can see that they have not change or learned. I was annoyed that it took the retailer longer than 3 weeks to ship out my goods, and another 2 weeks to receive it. My credit card was charge and cleared within the first 2 days of purchase. I suggested that they change their statement on their shipping to better reflect the truth. The site claim that most ( I consider 51% as most) of goods will arrive within 2 1/2 week. They are excluding the other 49% of customers in this statement. I am one of the 49% of individuals that expected the product within their stated time frame and was extremely disappointed with the shipping time frame. The experience left a sour note and I decided to never make anymore goods purchases from groupon since the shipping time frame stated is not reliable. I still once in a blue moon make purchases for restaurants deals, but their policy on refunds makes it an inhibitor to press the checkout button. I still have 2 groupon I paid $50 for that I can't use because I have since moved away from that region... but groupon will not refund it. I guess I will just have to wait until the business close ( 35yr?) before I can get a refund lol.

3/10/14

I purchased a cell phone case on Groupon.com on 2/21/14. It's now 3/1/14 and my case is STILL at a warehouse somewhere? It said it would ship on 7 business days--I'm now on my 11th business day. It has said for a few days now that it is in pre-shipment, which just seems like a hoax to get me to not call customer service.

I work in online marketing, I know how detrimental negative reviews can be and I try REALLY hard not to leave any because of that... but this is getting insane. I'm being patient and they are testing my patience with this.

3/9/14

The Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls Hotel, Groupon.com and the city of Niagara were misleading in their advertising and cheated us out of what could have been a pleasant trip in the following 8 ways (in order of importance). We advise that you consider this feedback before buying a Groupon deal, since many of the deals offer essentially the same ‘perks’ regardless of the hotel you stay in:

1) After an 8-hour drive, we arrived at the Ramada to find that they gave our reserved room away. They refused to provide an explanation. They were trying to instead put us up in nearby motels and would not consider putting us in a hotel of equal or greater value. After spending nearly an hour "checking in", we could see what their business model was. They could knowingly overbook the hotel, and selectively rebook those who booked with cheaper rates (such as through Groupon) elsewhere. As long as those rebooked customers had prepaid reservations, the Ramada could rebook at rates equal to or lower than what was prepaid and then reap the reward of hand-picking rates without having to come out of pocket.

2) Niagara, Canada has something like a 16% tax. To put this in perspective, if you buy $50 of food and drink at a restaurant, after 16% tax and paying 20% tip on the entire bill (including tax), your total is now $70 (effectively 40% more than the $50). Some employees around town said that Niagara has a "tourist tax" built in.

3) Undisclosed to anyone, casino vouchers provided in the deal were for a casino on the American side of the falls which requires a back and forth across the bridge, going through customs and waiting on that very time-consuming line to get back into Canada.

4) The activation fee for the $50 Dave&Busters credit is $17, thus eliminating 1/3 of the card's value. Also, if you purchased more than one Groupon, you have to pay the $17 each time to redeem the D&B credit even if redeeming them in the same transaction and onto the same gaming card.

5) The $40 voucher for the Skylon Tower Restaurant “Spinning” restaurant was only valid if you spent $120 on a dinner for 1-2 people.

6) You will find hotels gifting you restaurant coupons/credits for $20 dollars or so. For example Red Lobster, Outback, and TGIF hand out these “coupons.” Firstly, they are only good for 1-2 people dining and require you to spend a certain minimum amount on food. What is even more frustrating is that these restaurants are "resort style" but are not advertised as such. Resort style restaurant menus are very limited and more expensive than their other chain locations. What this means is they jack up their prices, allowing them to give hotels these $20 off coupon credits to hand out to customers, which lure in the customers, who then find themselves paying $20 more for what the meal would have cost at another chain location.

7) We bought two Groupons for a 2-night stay in Niagara and therefore received two casino vouchers. Unfortunately, even with two people, the casino forced us to make two separate trips to the casino since the vouchers are linked to the room and one “room” could not use a voucher within 24 hours of another.

8) Parking anywhere on or near the strip (main street of downtown Niagara Falls) was time-consuming and expensive. Safe to say, it is not worth it to stay anywhere “off the strip” like the Ramada included in this particular Groupon.
review will help others learn about this website.

Please do not review if you are affiliated or have a conflict of interest with this website.

3/6/14

The terms on Groupons are terrible. I signed up for a deal, wasn't able to redeem it and wasn't able to get any useful customer support. I'd think twice before using Groupon to buy anything important.

3/2/14

I was shocked today when I opened. My email Groupon sent me an order confirmation for a purchase of 400 pounds. I didn't order anything and it says a garden furniture set. I was pretty shocked cause the order was placed at almost 3 am by that time I was sleeping and nobody else has access. To my account.. I SPOKE to my bank and they told me that the money was deducted from.my account
I am very sad cause it will take days before. I get my money back
I am very angry and disappointed. With groupon

2/28/14

I actually had a pleasant groupon experience! I read all the warnings but couldn't pass up a good deal. Took 5 business days but fifa is here! I ordered on 23(sat) and received it 28th. Maybe groupon is listening to all the complaints. Dhl tracking is poop but I'm just happy they came throu. Good job Groupon/DHL!

2/28/14

My situation is a bit different. I'm an advertiser. We have promotions for massage and beauty services. We treat the customers like kings and queens. Greet them with courtesy offer beverages. Provide clean, elegant, relaxing environment. Listen attentively to their needs and book them quickly. They are quick to criticize, defensive if we can't get them in the same day. Don't tip the service providers, that work hard and are getting "beans" compared to their normal commissions. They'll book a follow up appointment, then "no show". Even after we send them an auto generated reminder. Groupon promised us, they attract professional people. All we seem to get from them are cheapskates, that are particular, demanding and hop from one business to another. Looking for another discount. The idea is to attract long time clients. Groupon is making a " killing" and we are their slaves. We did a survey of retention. 1-2%. There are only so many hours in a day. So it has been determined it is better to spend 1k a month on advertising & attracting clients on our own vs. taking up valuable time on our books, with useless, penniless trash. We are no longer advertising with them. Lets BOYCOTT!!!

2/26/14

I thought Groupon was supposed to be a discount deal... Found a Groupon for full leg wax (both legs) at a local salon for "50% off" - $35 (originally $70). I called the salon, did *not* mention Groupon, just asked how much leg waxing was. Both legs, full leg wax is $25. Looks like a Groupon scam to me...
Had another experience about a year ago for a body massage. 5 out of the 5 locations listed for my area no longer accepted Groupon. Groupon did refund my money, reluctantly.
I think I'm done with Groupon. Too much work to make sure you're getting a deal, and checking to make sure the business accepts the Groupon.

2/26/14

I would not recommend groupon to anyone. I have consistently heard nothing but bad reviews from friends and family about their groupon experience and now i can lend to the multitude out there that already exist.I received a groupon gift from a friend and had a question about the product before I could use it. Good luck trying to talk to an actual person. I was stuck to email as they only communicate through that so they can send you automated responses and never answer your questions. I even followed up after their indicated two day response rate turned into two weeks, asking if a person could get back to me as I only received some automated response. My reply? Another late response that was so devoid of customer service I don't know why any self-respecting company would hire such incompetence. The response did not acknowledge my question, only throwing back how a "real" person would eventually get back and they signed it a robot. Some pathetic customer service person decides to take out their frustration at how their life is reduced to nothing but answering customer inquiries?

You go to groupon for ease of service: quick access to supposed good deals. But believe me, it's not worth it. They cheat both the businesses they "market" and the consumer. My friend ordered a service for a massage. Have fun trying to redeem those as businesses. Most of those services blow you off the moment you mention Groupon. My friends scheduled massage was cancelled four times over a seven month period. They consistently told her that they were "booked" full the whole time and would schedule her 2-3 months later only to call and cancel a week after and say they again wouldn't have any available appointments for another few months. Shes still trying to get groupon to acknowledge her question to their so-called support team. Our stories are one of many. No company should consistently treat those they provide services for as second rate citizens. It's no wonder they no longer possess the sales of a successful company. Keep a look-out, as I'm sure we'll all be put out of misery soon as this company continues further in its decline down the toilet.

2/26/14

Groupon Goods: My experience in purchasing from the Goods portion is, do not purchase. Vendors/distributors are using the Groupon Goods portion to off load defective merchandise, many say "non returnable", and /or changing the policy after purchases have been made. I have purchased HDMI cables, flat screen TV wall handing assembly, electric toothbrush. The HDMI cables were advertised with gold ends (they were spray painted to appear gold). The electronic toothbrush did not work, and after the purchase the advertisement was changes to "non returnable". The flat screen wall handing bracket was a recalled item that came apart allowing the flat screens to fall. Luckily I read about the recall and returned the item immediately Do not buy anything electronic from the Goods portion..

2/24/14

Fake DHL tracking numbers! Beware. Groupon Goods will take your money, never ship your item, and just say, "Sorry" when you try to get your money and/or item. I I now have a total of four Groupon Goods purchases that I paid for and never received. 3 out of four of these items were gifts and I was stuck having to spend MORE money at the very last second to buy gifts because the Groupon Goods never came. Even worse, when I try contacting Groupon Goods I realize I can't find a phone number to save my life! I email them and receive boiler plate emails saying sorry, use your tracking number, blah blah blah. I find the tracking number which is from DHL, it routes me to the USPS site (If it was shipped by DHL, why does it then get transferred to the post office for delivery?) nd all 4 orders show that they were delivered, to my place of employment, on a Saturday before noon. OUR MAILROOM IS NOT OPEN ON SATURDAYS. DHL and the post office say they can't help, Groupon says I have to follow up with DHL and/or the post office. I feel like I just played 3 card Monte, only there was never anything under the cards to begin with! Total racket. By the way, if anyone has the phone number for Groupon Goods, can you please post it? Thanks.

2/24/14

NEVER EVER use this company! I ordered products nearly 3 weeks ago, they billed my credit card twice and duplicated the order. It STILL has not shipped and then they tell me that I can't do anything about getting a credit to my account until I receive the duplicate, then I can return it and then they have 30 days to credit my account, for their mistake.

2/22/14

I'm totally unsatisfied with your service. I've ordered a pocket knife from groupon since 6/2/2014, but the parcel haven't reach after seven days of working day. And I wanted your staff to reconfirm with Skynet, they even wanted me to call Skynet and settle by myself. I've paid you, aren't this supposed to be your responsible? If I'm going to settle with Skynet by myself. why don't I just go buy the pocket knife myself? It's a gift for my friend at Valentine's day, and your company had made it late for how many days? Even it's Skynet's problem, aren't your staffs supposed to follow up with Skynet? This is too ridiculous. I can't accept such service!

I don't even know my parcel had reach my college or not, but I just wanted to suggest to your company, please give out tracking number to your customer if your company can't handle even a single parcel!

2/22/14

I have had good experiences with Groupon until recently. Now I will never use Groupon and I will share my experience with everyone so save them from the same inconvenience.

I ordered a 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Card 2 months ago. I received a tracking # from DHL and waited, expecting that my item was sent as Groupon told me it was. Weeks go by. No update on the DHL tracking info and no update from Groupon. I contacted Groupon's customer service last month and was told:

"We know it’s been a while since you’ve gotten an update on your order, and we don’t want you to feel left in the dark. As of right now, it looks like your order is still without tracking information, and it likely won’t be arriving within the time frame that we promised in the Fine Print. We’re so sorry about this.

Although we don’t have a new delivery estimate to share with you yet, please know that we’re doing everything we can to ship your order as soon as possible. When we have a tracking number or another update on your order’s status, we’ll let you know right away. We’re confident that your item will ship soon, but we understand that this news may change your plans. If you prefer not to wait any longer, I'd be happy to issue a refund to your Groupon account to be used for future purchases, or to your original form of payment. Please let me know which you prefer. If you wish to wait for the product, you're certainly welcome to do so. Tracking may still become available, and at that time, we'll be able to give you more information regarding a delivery date."

Another month goes by. No updates. No card. I contact Groupon's customer support again asking when I can expect to have an update or expect my item to be shipped. I also specifically said that I do NOT want a refund. I want to wait for my item.

Well, this morning I get a message from the customer support representative named "Sheeba" saying:

"I can't apologize enough for the delay. Of course, this is not the experience we want you to have when using Groupon. At this point, I can no longer provide any further updates on your order's status, so I've issued you a full refund and removed this Groupon from your account. Please allow up to 10 business days for this to be reflected on your statement. Situations like this can sometimes occur due to an unexpected inventory shortage or a complication with the shipment while in transit; but obviously, this is not the outcome we had hoped for."

So... not only did they give me a refund after I specifically said NOT TO, they are still selling the 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Card on Groupon when they obviously are unable to fulfill the orders!

Looks like a scam. Sounds like a scam. Must be a scam.

I will never use Groupon again and I plan to tell everyone I know about my bad experience and post reviews all over the Internet to warn others. Buyer beware!

2/21/14

So I ordered a tablet from GROUPON and they gave me a fake tracking number, said they shipped it via DHL, I checked the tracking number and it was fake! DHL said they never received the package, so I call GROUPON back and they said no we have not shipped it, yes the number we gave you is not valid!
But we are very sorry, your purchase is in our system and we have no idea when we will ship...but we are so sorry.
DON'T BUY GROUPON!!

2/20/14

Their customer service is so pathetic. I've had many issues with this company's goods services and only complained twice. Their solution? "We're sorry."

2/20/14

If you purchase services:
> I have purchased several services thorugh Groupon and
>> The companies tend to be rude to Grouponers
>> The cleaning services rarely want to compeltely honor offer or fail to provide decent service.
> I recently purchased two different products from Groupon and it has taken 15 days JUST TO SHIP.

2/19/14

I've bought several items from Groupon with no issues... Tickets to the museum which were redeemed seamlessly, some games and dvds from groupon goods that arrived as expected with no issues, a restaurant voucher that was redeemed with not issues and an oil change package. I love Groupon! I even have the app on my phone. No complaints here

2/18/14

Will not sort by distance - gives me results 35 miles away! I am not going to drive 100 miles for a half price dinner IDIOTS! hat this website!

2/17/14

Be very careful. We bought a group on for a boutique hotel stay in New York City. We arrived, and they would not honor the groupon. The hotel said we should take it up with groupon, groupon said to take it up with the hotel. Obviously we had to pay, again to the hotel. The Groupon voucher clearly, in print, states, "if they don't accept this, we will refund your money". Except in this case, which is now part of a class action suit. No money refunded, no information, just "wait for the class action suit to be resolved". If you aren't willing to lose all your payment, be very careful buying these.

2/17/14

I purchased a Groupon to a local restaurant which expired before I got a chance to use it. I asked Groupon to refund the money a few days prior to the expiration date since I was not able to get a reservation on the dates that my husband was not traveling for work. I was told my Groupon that if I made the reservation prior to the expiration date, that the Groupon would be honored even if the reservation was made for a date after the expiration date. I made the reservation and I was told by the restaurant that they had never heard of such a thing and that it would not be honored. There were many emails back and forth to Groupon, which made me even more frustrated because I had to keep explaining the same thing over and over again, eventhough the communications were with the same person.

I feel as though they do not care about customers and will say anything not to give money back. This has been the most frustating situation I've ever had to deal with.

2/13/14

Ordered an anniversary present 2 weeks ahead of time. Money deducted from my account the very next day. Their delivery promise was for 10-12 days. Past that time limit, I get an email about a delay. A month after the order was place, I get a notice of cancellation because of lack of supply. They would not give me any details about the supplier and my money will be refunded only in 5-10 days. If they can deduct the money in a day why cant they refund it? Also it is like I gave them an interest-free loan. Is it possible to file a class action suit against the company/

2/12/14

My disappointment is with Groupon Goods. I ordered a speaker with them and one attempt to the deliver the package was made. The address I submitted was correct and verified. When I called to see what happened Groupon said it was being returned to the shipper and they would have to reimburse me because the deal was no longer on. So if for ANY reason a package is returned you lose out on what you purchased. This is NOT in the fine print. They said there was nothing they could do for me and that was that. Do yourself a favor and don't risk ordering from this company. You're better off going with Amazon even if you pay a bit more. The customer at Amazon is better and shipping will likely be free.

2/12/14

I was in touch with a customer service representative there named Josh. He was the most pretentious person I've ever dealt with. I told him that I had a $10 off coupon that I wanted to use, and he talked to me as if I was a child who made up the coupon. I specifically told him that it was for upgrading my app, and his words were 'only certain customers get that promotion during certain times'. Because I would want to call in, put on hold for 10 minutes, for a coupon I made up - he told me he had no record of that promotion and acted like I just made it up. Can anyone just get a job at Groupon? It sure seems like it. Josh obviously had no idea what I was talking about, even when I tried to explain to him that this was stated on my app, and I even told my boyfriend to upgrade so he could use the $10 off as well. It worked for my boyfriend, but not for me. Josh goes on to suggest that maybe my boyfriend had an invitation/email and I got the idea off my boyfriend which is why i'm calling in. I'M THE ONE WHO TOLD HIM ABOUT IT. It's really odd to me that Groupon runs promotions which their workers are clueless about. They should train their staff to be more knowledgeable and to not talk to customers of many years in such a belittling tone. Worst customer service experience I've ever dealt with. I've heard many complaints from my friends over the years about Groupon's customer service, i'm sad to say how correct they were. I will never deal with them or reps like Josh again. The least they could have done was offer me a discount for my time.

2/12/14

This is specifically for groupon goods. What should you expect? Order a product. Pay for it . Never receive it. Groupon insists it was delivered and not their problem Ahh but it is their problem - They charge shipping which means they have a contract to get you the goods. I have now referred this to the Michigan State attorney generals office - in a case of deceptive business practices and fraud. The groupon customer service is arrogant and feels untouchable, Time to shut them down!

2/9/14

Buyers beware! Ordered a pearl bracelet with silver monogram the first of December as a gift. Didn't arrive until the third week of January. Received a bracelet with no monogram. Now being told by Groupon that there Is nothing they can do but refund money. DO NOT buy from Groupon unless you can print out the coupon and go pick up the item yourself!

2/7/14

TERRIBLE. They have messed my order up 2/4 times!
I bought a food groupon and tried to use it, but they said I couldn't because it had already been used! I checked the website and it said it was already used. After about 2 weeks of back and forth with Groupon emails, I signed into my account and it said that my groupon had not be used! Groupon representatives never told me that they had fixed the error at all. There is a disconnect between their representatives and their website.

Most recently, I bought a two-pack of facial brushes, but only received ONE facial brush. Doesn't two-pack mean it comes with TWO? I definitely would not have paid $21 for ONE brush. I don't even know who to contact for help to figure this out.

After this, I will never use Groupon again. I've learned my lesson.

2/7/14

I am very disappointed with Groupon, I ordered a Groupon voucher for a getaway, however, we were unable to use it, we were not worried as the voucher said: You can always us this Groupon voucher for the amount paid, which NEVER EXPIRES. I called Groupon hoping to book a trip and use the amount the voucher was worth but I was told it was only good at the original hotel, at whatever the price the hotel charged. I have to say that I am very upset by the way Groupon advertises itself. I will never order from them again, nor will I ever recommend them.

2/7/14

i have purchase spa offer from groupon but when i tried taking appointment that parlor lady started shouting and using abusing language don't buy anything from groupon my many friends have very bad experience about it. they provide poor service. now i am waiting for my refund. let's see when i get it.

2/6/14

I ordered groupon goods twice and had to wait for 2-3 weeks due to their slow shipping speed!! Finally I didn't receive an order and when complained, they said my address was not right!!!! What a horrible customer service!! Thy also charge $2.99 shipping for goods which are less than $14.99..
I ordered a so- called diamond hoop earrings again. Received it today and it looks so crappy..like a cheap metal ans no stones at all!! In the groupon ad it was mentioned as 1/10th carot diamonds with clarity J n all bull$#*! ....
Shut down your bloody company "groupon"!!

2/3/14

This website is garbage. I purchased a '$20 for $40 American Apparel' groupon in November and the same day tried the coupon and it didn't work. I emailed groupon and they told me to contact the merchant directly, so I did. I called American Apparel and they told me they'd send me another groupon code because the one I had 'cancelled' before I even used it. So I waited for my new code to be sent to my email and waited almost a month and didn't get a new code. I emailed groupon 5 times and they kept telling me to contact American Apparel. On one email, I didn't get an automated email and got a real person, Priya, and she replied with "I'll see what I can do" and never replied after that. Finally I called groupon customer service and the first guy was sighing after every sentence I said and was very unprofessional and rude. As I was receiving my groupon code for him, he told me to hold the phone as there was another line. I did and he hung up on me after 5 minutes. I called back again and the second guy was much nicer but told me that he couldn't do anything except tell the Groupon board about the problem. My coupon expired 3 days ago and they told me they couldn't refund me because it expired. It's expired because their customer service on email took 2 weeks to reply, every time.
Groupon is complete $#*!. I'm NEVER buying from this $#*! company again.

About Groupon
Specialties & Business Description
Groupon is the largest "daily deal" site, selling vouchers for discounted local experiences and services such as restaurants and spas, as well as travel packages, shopping, and a number of other items. Vouchers are purchased upfront and typically must be redeemed by a certain date, after which time Groupons expire. To businesses Groupon markets itself as a way to drive new customers. Groupon is a public company (NASDAQ: GRPN) and is based in Chicago, IL.