US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

robinr24

Tried for almost 3 weeks to resolve my issue using email and Groupon's posted customer service number - and nothing. (in 282 reviews)

angela334

I also got confirmation email that they received my return & my $$ had been credited back to my credit card. (in 55 reviews)

debbiee3

Just got back from a vacation 2 weeks ago where we bought the hotel room with a groupon. (in 39 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

tinaj21
5/5/15

I purchased the laser vein treatment. I have had the saline treatment and been very satisfied with instant results. I find once i have purchased the treatment takes 8 weeks to see results and most people need 2-3 treatments. It is painful may leave burns and bruises. During the 8 weeks you must avoid sun. My reason for treatment was to have nice legs for my vacation in April. My vacation was 6 weeks after treatment becuase they were booked up for 2 weeks. My viens looked worse not better after 6 weeks. I did not want to do another treatment and wait another 6-8 weeks to see if it worked, or i would maybe need 3 treatments. This would be a total of 16 weeks for 2 treatments. It will be July by time i can be in the sun. I expressed my dissatisaction , and was told that i was jumping the gun. I need to give it 2-3 sessions to see if it works. Also there are no guarentees. I should have done the saline solution like before. Why would anyone want to wait 16 weeks to see if something worked or not? Laser also cost more in the long run the saline was the same price as 2 laser treatments. Not worth it at all. I wasted my money.

Tip for consumers: know all the facts before choosing laser treatment

sams187
5/4/15

I purchased a Groupon for lash extension for a wedding. When I tried to book the appointment the estitician was booked all of may through August... mind u the Groupon expires in 90 days. When I called groupon cs to see if they could extend those 90 days the woman said no. I should just gift my groupon to someone! After waiting almost an hr to even speak to someone this was her response. I will nevery buy another groupon again.

tiffanyb21
5/4/15

Great customer service! I have had to return 2 Groupons- 1 my 3 year old purchased for $200! No problems!!

denism38
5/3/15

I bought a digital scanning groupon to a place called scan digital. Months went by after sending them my negatives to be put on dvd. After many runaround phone call, i came to the conclusion they lost my negatives. I emailed groupon customer service ( since there is no way to talk with a live person) . They quickly returned my money and erased all evidence of the groupons from my account. I will not stop untill someone goes down for loosing my pictures, but i see a long painful process coming my way. Save yourself from the nightmares, go to your local establishment and pay a little more. IT IS NOT WORTH THE SAVINGS>

marianm4
5/1/15

Is groupon related to nomore rack? They have the same customer service as nomore rack. They do not will not resolve issues! Go to restaurant.com for dining deals. They have better deals and honor what they advertise...unlike groupon who pulled a classic bait and switch. They advertised a certain price and then doubled it leaving me holding the bag. They also messed with the deal on their website changing verbiage and the deal. Luckily I snapped a picture of my screens prove my point still no resolution. Very polite responses and absolutely NO answers or resolution. They are a fraudulent company and should be shut down. Look for a name change soon just like nomore rack did. I am gathering info to pass on to Commissionerof Commerce and the Attorney General. I would advise everyone to do the same as a class action we may get some resolution. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE. even the restaurants they "sell for" have nothing good to say about them. They are ripping people off on both ends!

markw127
4/30/15

everyone thought they are going to revolutionize the web shopping, but they just killed it, not enough deals. GroupOn Now suffers by having same deals over and over, get more customers in order to attract people to your website

elaineb26
4/30/15

Terrible customer service. Will never use groupon again for large items. Ordered a bed, wrong one delivered, plus it was damaged. Have received one email from them asking for photos, sent photos. 2 days later still waiting for a reply. i have sent about 4 more emails, all ignored!!!
Never again!!

melanier16
4/29/15

Not as good as living social customer service wise but they have great deals. Refund policy sucks though. Really should make it like living social - return before it expires whatever the reason for a credit! 3 days to get it back cash. Now that's fair.

reneek8
4/29/15

I find some wonderful deals for some of my favorite places here... the only thing is that lately, LivingSocial seems to have more things I'm interested in.

waynek31
4/28/15

I have purchased 3 groupons that were mostly food related, because I love to eat out! The groupon changes daily and it's typically around 40-50% off. The reason that I only rated it 3 stars is because LivingSocial its main competitor has also launched in the area.

mariam141
4/28/15

I bought a Ypad from groupon, but 5 minutes after i placed the order i went back and tried to cancelled, i had the option to cancel but it appeared that it was not going through.......so i went back and cancelled twice...to my surprise i didn't get a confirmation of any cancellation so i emailed "customer support" for groupon and tried "the live chat" the live chat didn't work and when i got a reply back the customer service rep. said it was over two hours and it could not do anything. how convenient is that for them to answer after hours and saying that it was too late to cancel, when i did cancel right after i place the order.

Tip for consumers: bad site ................don't buy anything from them!!!!

francea2
4/24/15

I thought i did purchased something worth my penny. I purchased 3.5hrs spa that includes back massage and facial. When i came to my appointment they introduced me to some of their facial things and made me paid something which I thought was just a top-up to what I originally purchased. I was surprised when the facial was done after 1Hr Im told that that was all... They told me that I had converted my GROUPON VOUCHER to that facial thing and that was it. But they never ever used the word "CONVERT nor CHANGE" while they introduced the facial stuff. Left confused and still with aching back that really needs back massage.

monikah3
4/23/15

Warning!!! Do not purchase any brand name item through Groupon. I just purchased a $2000 Prada purse from them and took to let Prada check it out and is totally Fake. I can get the same fake one for less than $200 else where. I trusted Groupon and confirmed with them before I purchased and still got trapped into it. The worst part is I didn't receive the item pictured they shipped me a different color and didn't provide me with any explanation. They are using Groupon name to do this type of illegal thing. Please don't be a victim like me if you want to see my receipt I will be happy to show it.

neryt
4/23/15

I think it's crazy that there are not more sites like groupon. They def bring out the most deals and offers. I have traveled from groupons, bought computer stuff and so much more. I always seem to find good deals here. Thanks

sids24
4/22/15

Every time I called to make an appointment, they would ask "is this the groupon?" I would say yes. All 4 times I called I got the same answer "We no longer have any appointments available for our groupon winners" - waste of money. The business has no obligation to fulfull their end of the "bargain" YUCK

huyent1
4/21/15

Ive always had a problem with groupon when it comes to buying products on their website. They almost always send me the wrong size or is missing something important.
Their returns policy is absolutely bull too
They said that postage is paid for but that's also a lie because the parcel points and Auspost forced me to buy a box (which I barely have money for wasting on a box)
Scammed me!

Tip for consumers: Do not buy products from Groupon, they'll just scam you by giving you the wrong item and if you want the right one, you have to waste more money to send it back and wait another couple of months.

garciae
4/20/15

Its just a little embarrassing when you produce that slip of paper at dinner. however, some deals are good, if you are lucky

gregoryj16
4/20/15

Love groupon. love the deals every day. a lot of people keep saying they are a scam, umm no , they are in so many countries and they are quite legit, its awesome for consumers and for businesses!

jamied36
4/20/15

I have ordered a few things. One package was completely open with the item floating around in the shipping bag. I ordered a bed set. The sheets are so thin they fell like they might rip. I think if I was the conforter it might bunch up. I order some tanks and the sizing is all messed up, know I am hoping they will let me return them. I will not be ordering material items through them again..

stuartc29
4/20/15

Honestly I tend to buy groupon's for new places that have opened up as a great way to check what is new int he area and have found quite a few new restaurants that I may not have tried otherwise. Love the service!

paulm191
4/18/15

I order a product, never received. Groupon Customer Support told me to contact the supplier. Still no product. This is theft.

herbertw12
4/17/15

2/4/11

Bought a manicure for my wife, was easy enough. However, the salon sold so many that they were booked a month out, which was a bit annoying. The deals on groupon are usually worthwhile though, so I will continue to use it, and recommend it.

julian451
4/15/15

As a business owner myself, I know how hard it is to advertise to the right customers and keep customers who aren't just looking for the next deal. When speaking with someone with groupon, I asked them, "how can I even begin to make a profit if you insist upon a 50 percent discount then you take 50 percent?" Her answer was this: that's the price you pay for marketing your business. She was so certain I would get repeat customers and not one time deal seekers. My advice is this: if you really want to support small business and still get a good deal, contact the business owner directly and cut out group on altogether. A lot of business owners will give you the discount if you skip group on altogether.

tanveerm
4/13/15

They offer great deals on restaurants to hotel booking. These deals help in saving a lot of money. The best part is that, they deals are mailed to your directly :)

johng185
4/13/15

Really nothing worth purchasing. There are a ton of deal sites out there. The customer service isn't the best and I really enjoy working with Half Off Depot! They have really good timing with everything that goes on in the city.

susang32
4/11/15

You never know what might be offered, and the offers range from a manicure to a weekend at a mountain resort. Good stuff, fun, good offers, and easy to redeem the deal.

gloriak3
4/11/15

I have purchased vouchers in the past with no issues. My latest purchase was a watch to be shipped to me. FIrst of all the UPS people left it on my doorstep for anyone to come along and help themselves. Second, when I found I did not like the product I tried to do a return, but the online system would not allow me to access the proper forms. After many emails I was able to get a Groupon Rep. to email me a return label and form. Apparently CANADIANS cannot do electronic returns without assistance.

williamr46
4/11/15

Tried to use groupon for New Age Cycle in Hollywood, FL.
I was told that boss was not in until tomorrow and we could not use the groupon.
I was originally told they had the 7 bikes we wanted to rent but when told it was groupon, they said they did not have the bikes available.
I was told it would "wipe out their entire inventory".??
Isn't the goal of a bike rental store to rent out all of their bikes??

Tip for consumers: Use Bike Shack just down the street instead.

ianr29
4/10/15

I love using Groupon. I've been a customer for just over a year and I haven't had a bad experience yet.

zalinz
4/9/15

I purchase a set of non stick pan on 14 March 15. As it has indicated that delivery would be send within 7 days. I waited until 24 March 15 and the goods never reached. Send them an email and they responded that the goods were already out of stock and asked me if I am able to wait for another week for the arrival of the stock. I agreed and waited again.
Then, on 1 April 15, I send them a reminder asking about my goods. And they replied was that it had been collected by the delivery company on 31 March 15 and told me to contact them for delivery timing.
I contacted the company NNHAS and spoke to the staff. When I gave them my order no, they told me that they would be checking. They did not get back to me for an update and as usual the phone line was not answered.
It was on 8 April 15, I send an emailed on my goods and even contacted Groupon to complaint a day before.
Today, 9 April 15, when I came home, I saw a parcel right on my doorsteps.
WHAT A WAY TO DELIVER THE GOODS. Nnhas IS THIS THE WAY TO DELIVER THE GOOD TO YOUR CUSTOMERS CUSTOMERS!!..There wasnt any phone call to inform of your arrival. And what about the invoice?..your delivery staff signed himself?.

joyceb23
4/8/15

I ordered a groupon a couple of weeks ago. The business said they would only honor it if I ordered through groupon. I did and they wanted to charge me full price for my pizza. They had my phone number but just made the pizza and sad groupon did not show I paid. I am 74 y/o and had to give them almost all of the money I had. It was a horrible experience and I refused to take the pizza. Why eat when you are crying over it. Never again.

lesleyannel
4/7/15

I have in the past been quite happy with small purchases from this site then thought i would take the chance and purchase a sofa. We recieved 2 sofas a 3 and a 2 and the 2 was badly damaged, i really liked the sofa so asked for a replacement which they cannot do! So sofa gets picked up in few days then i have to wait for money to be refunded and i am left without a sofa! Truely learned my lesson and have had a trip to scs will never buy large goods again , you get what you pay for i suppose but customer services aren't great!

christenf
4/7/15

Sometimes accurate and helpful, sometimes filled with bullsh*t but overall, really helpful and really leaves you satisfied.

josephg40
4/6/15

I had an issue with a service provider to which I had purchased a Groupon. I got no where with the provider. They were actually quite bad to do business with . I contacted customer service at groupon to see what they could do. They agreed to refund my money in groupon bucks (having been a long time member). Sure I would have rather had my money back, but groupon didn't have to do anything at all as the deal was between me and the third party. As far as I am concerned they went above and beyond to keep me a happy customer. Plus I heard back from customer service within a couple hours of my initial email. Thank you Groupon. You rock!

jenefithl
4/5/15

I PURCHASED TWO VOUCHERS FOR FACIAL SALOON (JAZIBEAH BY SANA) I TRIED CALLING THE SALON FOR A WEEK BUT NO ONE IS ANSWERING AND WENT TO CHECK THE PLACE BUT IT WAS CLOSED. THE VOUCHER WILL EXPIRE ON SEPTEMBER. I WANTED TO HAVE A REFUND BUT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR GROUPON IS NOT WORKING. I HAVE BEEN CALLING THEIR NUMBER BUT IT SEEMS THAT IT IS NOT WORKING

erinj9
4/4/15

I purchased a groupon and when I arrived at the vendor I discovered that it was cheaper to purchase the service ($12) than what I paid for the groupon ($21) . So I went ahead and paid for the service out of pocket and contacted groupon to get a refund assuming they would be happy to issue it since the groupon was basically a rip off - they refused! I was astounded!! They suggested I give it to someone "worthy" (yes he actually used that word) as a gift. Hmmm...who is worthy of a rip off groupon?? I want everyone to know that groupon does not value their customers or make any guarantees that their vouchers are actually a good deal!! Buyer beware!!!!!!

stephanies71
4/4/15

I bought these earrings they were not as cute/ nice as the groupon pic. Totally gifting these away.

1/10 CTTW Diamond Stud Earrings in Sterling Silver

Classic, timeless style
0.925 sterling silver
Round-cut diamonds
20 stones
Color: I–J
Clarity: I2–I3
Post back
Packaged in a jewelry pouch

barrys30
4/4/15

Bob understands that if you use a coupon to attract a customer, you will have to use them to keep them. And this strategy kills real long-term value for the business and eventually the customer as well. If you are a business owner and thinking of using Groupon or another Groupon clone, you owe it to yourself and your business to read Bob's e-book first. I guarantee you this will be the best money you ever invested in helping you better understand how not to market your business.

jonasb29
4/3/15

I had experienced both cons and prons of using this site and mainly dissatisfaction caused me retailers while support of groupon helped me with my complaints.

monchab
4/1/15

I love the customer service Groupon provides! I have not been always happy with the product but.......they always helped and fixed the problem! That's why I will come back and do more shopping! :-)

mjt1
3/30/15

We use Groupon to buy a new experience (restaurant, service, etc) at a discount to see if we like it. I check in often (cia them emails that Groupon sends) to see of new things to do.

Have tried new restaurants, gone to concerts, oil change, nails done...

stacik1
3/30/15

I have been working with a Customer Service rep (Bharat Sabnani) that is not assisting me very well. I have asked to speak with a supervisor and my requests are being ignored. There has to be someone else I can escalate this to. It is in regards to a Double Wide Detox Stomach Wrap that took almost a month to deliver and when it was delivered the wrong size was sent. I am now getting the run around and my requests/emails are being ignored all together. I can not believe I'm being treated so badly over a twenty dollar item. I placed the order correctly; I waited patiently far longer than I should have, there should be no reason why I can't get a refund for the item.

Tip for consumers: Just don't

laurap48
3/29/15

Have order a couple of times from Groupon and have been very happy as you always good a lot for your money.

maryanng3
3/27/15

It took multiple emails and opening a dispute with PayPal to get my order from Roos Remnants. While the tumblers are cute, the stickers will never stand up to washing.

heidir9
3/26/15

I have always had a good experience with groupon and have used it many times. I never felt ripped off and the terms are clear.

giovannip6
3/26/15

I am disappointed with Groupon. Bought a photography course. It was difficult to book and then staged in a basement with 10 other crammed people. Not what I had paid for. They should make sure the services have booking availability

jayeb1
3/25/15

Do not purchase undergarments from Groupon. First off, it took exactly 11 days to receive my delivery from the state that's right next door to my home state. Then, after receiving the package I noticed all of the garments were different sizes. I called to exchanged and was told no..therefore I'm stuck with six undergarments all different sizes. Just remember when you order from Groupon at their cheap low prices..you are getting what you pay for. Please go to Amazong..better quality and better customer service.

Tip for consumers: Photo of undergarments uploaded under Photo Tab.

nikkir14
3/23/15

Never use this site. I did order my bean bag 14 days ago and still chasing for the delivery. When asked the customer service on 10th day they said, I ll get my order in a day or 2. now its 3rd day. When tracked my order on shipping website Fedex, It says "your order has not been shipped yet"

I dont know when i ll get my order. even m afraid I ll get it or not.

Again I asked the customer service and they said mam we are still working on the issue which has been said 4 days ago as well.

Crap service.. dont wanna give a single star.

Malik Mohiuddin, Mar 23, 18:11:
Appreciate your patience,
As per your mail regarding the query, we would like to inform you that, we are working on this issue and will get back to you at the earliest. Kindly co-operate with us.

Malik Mohiuddin, Mar 21, 18:19:
Appreciate your patience,
We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused, We again had a check and got the confirmation that you can expect the product delivered to you in a day or 2.
Apologize for the delay

Malik Mohiuddin, Mar 21, 17:28:
Dear Niki,
Appreciate your patience and understanding,
Your order already got shipped through our Fedex courier service with a tracking number 780380537172. You can expect the order in the next 5-7 days.
Thank you for your purchase!
We are always happy to help!
Thanks for using Groupon!!

Malik Mohiuddin, Mar 20, 14:40:
Malik

Tip for consumers: Do not ever use Groupon.

sandram53
3/22/15

I purchased 4 items using Groupon Goods, my account had my old address so I changed my address both in my settings and at check-out. They ask you at check out to confirm your delivery address and I used my new address. A day later or so I went on-line to check the status of my orders and realized the items were sent to my old address (I haven't lived there for 1 1/2 years). I called Groupon to change my address and you only have a two-hour window to change your delivery address after the purchase, they say that in the confirmation email they send you. Well, I know I changed my address before the purchase and during check out so I honestly didn't check their confirmation email.
During the first call they told me I was going to be reimbursed for all my purchases if I didn't get them and that I could try calling the shipping company once the packages were sent. At this point my packages hadn't been sent yet but still they couldn't change the address. So, I waited another day or two and as soon as they informed me that the packages were sent I called both UPS and FedEx which are the two companies they used to send my packages, but they sent the packages through a special service (I guess the least expensive one and therefore the worse one) that would deliver the packages to the local mail service, so USPS, and then USPS would deliver the packages to me. Because of the way Groupon sent my packages UPS and FedEx were not able to change the delivery address, I called USPS and again because of the way the packages were sent my packages were not eligible for Intercept (a service that allows you to redirect your packages). In any case, after 3 hours with the mailing companies and 4 call to Groupon in a 1-week period you would think Groupon would give me a refund for the purchases I am not going to receive. Well, no they won't. It is their policy that they can only refund one item but because of my troubles they are going to make an exception and refund 2 out of the 4 packages. If I hadn't changed my address I wouldn't be complaining because it would have been my fault. BUT I DID CHANGE MY ADDRESS so as far as I am concern I should get a full refund.
Honestly, there are other companies offering coupons for goods (amazon does a great job for example). After this experience, I am not buying though Groupon EVER again. As soon as I get the refund for my 2 items I am cancelling my account. Now I am paying for two items I am not going to receive, I don't know anyone at the other building and there isn't an office where they keep packages or something like that and on top of it, the building has a new landlord (I knew the old landlord, he was very nice and I know I could have asked him to grab the packages and let me know). So, I am losing the money even though it wasn't my mistake it was theirs.

sherrys31
3/21/15

I have had a nightmare experience with Printerpix. I have worked with them for two months trying to get the product that I paid for. Now I just want to be done and want my money back from them and Groupon. Groupon basically has not helped me at all..for some reason I thought they would since they introduced me to Printerpix.

Tip for consumers: Printerpix is the worst experience please do not use them.

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: What should I do to get back vouchers that I bought but haven't redeemed yet from the list of My Groupons? When I get into the MY GROUPONS , it stated that "My orders-You have yet to make any Groupon purchase(s).",but actually I bought 3 vouchers already.They disappeared from the list after one month purchased.Please tell me what should I do to get them back by email to me (quikping@gmail.com)!Thanks in advance!
8/2/13
Answer
heathers3
A: What does this have to do with groupon.com?
4/25/10
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I'm looking into buying a gold chain for my boyfriend. Reading the reviews, I noticed groupons isn't great for services or vacations. Its a solid gold chain for about 80 bucks. Can somebody tell me if this purchase is yay or nay. I do not want to waste money
3 weeks ago
Answer
maxineb8
A: I almost bought a 3 carat diamond ring and saw reviews so I didnt. 99% of what I bought has been great experience. I gave only bought name brand things and a lot of things come very fsdt. Some slower. I'm not sure I would buy the jewelry. I've been going to overstock and eBay and find a store with at least 99% good reviews. I have not had a bad experience from eBay. Hope it helps
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Groupon

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Groupon to save!
Go to Groupon