US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

DealDash reviews

•  Email business  •  Phone: 855-455-3325
100% Money Back Guarantee Offer To New Members!
Get Offer
Review of DealDash

DealDash reviews

83%
150 South 5th St.
Minneapolis, MN 55402, United States
Tel: 855-455-3325
support@dealdash.com
100% Money Back Guarantee Offer To New Members!
Get Offer

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

melodyb

No bots, they're a clean business with integrity and the best Customer Service I have ever encountered. (in 382 reviews)

gloriac11

DealDash also gave me a choice of gift cards or bids in place of the item. (in 86 reviews)

thymet

They also end up paying alot more from time to time to be able to win items down the line with fewer bids. (in 473 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

freddieb26
9/4/15

My experience was "AWESOME"

thephenommu
9/4/15

I accidently purchase a Dekdo for the full price and I immediately saw my mistake and contacted them within an hour they took care of my problem everything went smoothly.

brucef21
9/4/15

I emailed customer support my issue a few min later I had my response and the response I wanted. Which was getting a refund on a misunderstanding.

ronf33
9/4/15

They processed a refund promptly.

rhodas1
9/4/15

Stand by what they sell am very satisfied

billieg13
9/4/15

Not so much the merchandise but the service you receive

samanthac41
9/3/15

I accidentally purchased a bid pack. I contacted the DealDash customer service via electronic message on their website requesting a refund and within 15 to 20 minutes they got back to me and had already processed my refund. They also gave me some complimentary bids. Great customer service!

alexanderr26

Ok

julig1
9/3/15

I asked support a question and received feedback within 2 minutes!!)

marlat7
9/3/15

End of auction is confusing & just keeps bidding item up. Not like eBay at all.

bobbym37
9/3/15

Talked to a person named Mark, If you get him in the live chat you will be well taken care of

earlenef
9/1/15

Was swift and answered my question

douglass31
9/1/15

I can only speak for myself, but the service provided by DealDash is far superior than 'other type' auction sites. Things usually go smoothly, but once in awhile, things happen. One time a technical glitch and another, item received was broken.. Both times, the issue was handled right away with no hassle what-so-ever. Great Service ! ! !

donnaf24
9/1/15

I must of had my grandson go to the site and use my info to buy bids. I was surprised that I had a charge of $78. on my credit card.
I immediately contacted Deal Dash and explained the situation and asked for a refund.
They replied within 3 days and an immediate refunds was given.
Excellent customer service.
Hmmmmmmm...........maybe my grandson knows something I don't know. I might have to give Deal Dash a second look.......at my convenience.
Thank you.

anishv
9/1/15

The best customer service you can get ..seems very legit

jamesb249
8/31/15

There was a withdraw transaction made on my account that I did not authorize and DealDash looked it over and agreed, then refunded the amount back to me.

pamc21
8/31/15

Sometimes it feels as if your being doubled teamed by friends or maybe they have bots. I have bout numerous bids and way over bid on items an still lost but ended up buying certain items and received those bids back. Bids are expensive when one spends 600-800 on an item and does not win. Maybe im wrong but i have read a friend referred me to this sight or thank you all for your cards and gifts and one person said the site mad them really mad cause its hard to win but still remains hopefull and it is an addicting site..

elizabethr54
8/31/15

Needed to return item mark was very patient and fast service

alfredg14
8/30/15

The deals are great and the service outstanding.I'm ewell pleased

leonorh1
8/30/15

I was interested in finding out how DealDash worked and had $ 75.00 deducted from my account something i was not able to afford. Please i advise that new customers read and get the knowledge and understand these websites. But i contacted customer service and was given a refund only due to being new customer

alexl79
8/30/15

I found their customer service team very prompt and responsive. Nice job Deal Dash!

kevinm132
8/30/15

This thing is rigged like the lottery. One person may win the bid at a fair price - all of the rest spent money to lose. My guess is that they are in fact selling goods for 10X the win bid as every loser fritters away bids they bought. Can't believe the high ratings - guess a lot of people flunked math in grade school.

dannielles
8/30/15

it asked me for my card info just to go purchase a bid package and as soon as i entered my info without pressing anything they took 78 dollars off my account no 800 number to call or anything DONT DO IT

anthonyb82

PLEASENT

kamrand
8/29/15

Mistakes from my son &it was fixed by u

terril14
8/29/15

The customer service was outstanding, very quick and polite.

winonam1
8/28/15

very helpful and informative!

warrene5
3,881 helpful votes
8/28/15

Is DealDash Legit Or A Scam? The Devil Is In The Details!
( Here is an article by Chris Andrews that really explains how it works. )

Quote: Chris Andrews: Have you seen those cool, catchy, DealDash commercials on TV?

Maybe the one where Barbara says she won a 55″ HDTV worth $1700 for just $29.95?

Cool! But it begs the question – is it real? Is DealDash legit… or a scam?

Let’s lay out the facts.

DealDash.com works much like Quibids, which we took a look at a couple of weeks ago.

Both sites are – bidding fee – auction sites.

They are very different from a regular auction site like eBay. On eBay, if a bidder is outbid, they don’t pay anything. Only the bidder that ‘wins’ the auction pays.

On DealDash – every – bidder pays a bidding fee – every – time they bid.

The cost? 60¢ per bid.

Each bid raises the price of the item by 1¢.

So, let’s say you start bidding on an item when it costs a dollar. You raise the item’s auction price by 1¢ (that’s the max you can raise it with one bid). You are charged 60¢ for the bid you placed. But you are immediately outbid. Now the item is $1.02 (your bid and the other bidder have raised the price by 2¢ with those bids).

You want the item, that’s why you bid in the first place. So you bid again, and are immediately outbid again. Now you’ve spent $1.20 – whether you end up winning the item or not.

If you end up bidding 10 times, you’ve spent $6, and raised the price by 10¢. If you bid 50 times, you’ve spent $30 – whether you win the item or not – and raised the price of the item by 50¢.

If you consider that 20, 30, or more (perhaps many more) people could be bidding on an item – most of those people will lose the auction. Only one will ‘win’ and get to pay the auction price. Everyone else will have spent their money on bidding fees and won’t receive anything at end of the auction.

The big variable here is not knowing when other people will stop bidding. In a regular auction, there is a limiting factor. People will (normally) stop bidding once the cost of the item is more than it’s actually worth.

With DealDash and similar sites, that limiting factor is gone. The real worth of an item taken out of the calculation. The bidding fees are the expense – and the more a consumer has invested their money in trying to get the product, the more reluctant they will be to stop bidding. No one wants to leave money on the table, but there’s no telling just when the auction will end. It’s like a spin of the wheel – which is why many say DealDash and similar sites are gambling sites.

DealDash does have a system in place in which the bid fees spent on trying to win an auction can be used as a credit to buy the item at its regular full price. Update: thanks to reader Tedde Bear for pointing out that is incorrect – DealDash has a system in place in which if the losing bidder buys the item from DealDash at full retail price, the bids used to bid on that item in that auction will be returned to the bidder. Tedde has a long comment below with additional information and some great insights.

Let’s jump back to Barbara Seller, who is featured in one of DealDash’s current commercials.

In the commercial’s small print (briefly displayed in black text, against the dark purple background of her sweater), it says she bid 414 times to win that 55″ TV for $29.95.

That means she spent $248.40 (414 x 60¢) in bid fees, plus $29.95, for the TV. A total of $278.35, not the $29.95 that’s suggested in the commercial. And she would have lost that $248.40 if she had not won… unless she decided to go ahead and buy that $1700 TV at full price. (In that case, she would be credited back with those bids and be able to use them again on another auction.)

Also in the fine print on the commercial it says these “results are not typical”. In other words, this example was hand-picked as one that is flattering to DealDash.

The important thing to know about DealDash is that everything is laid out in the fine print. The costs and the way that the ‘auction’ works is spelled out very clearly in their terms. The devil is in the details – those who read through all the information carefully will know what they are getting into.

It’s also important to note that DealDash does offer a money-back satisfaction guarantee on the first pack of bid-fees that a new user buys. After reviewing a list of complaints about DealDash at the BBB, it appears that they do honor the guarantee (at least if one complains to the BBB). We should note though that the BBB also said that, in the past, DealDash has misrepresented itself as being a BBB Accredited Business when it isn’t.

So is DealDash legit or a scam?

If that question is based on them doing exactly what they say they do (in the fine print) we’d have to say they are legit.

Is DealDash a good deal for shoppers on a tight budget that are trying get a great deal on something? No.

And are the DealDash commercials on TV misleading? Absolutely.

Based on the commercials, one could easily be misled into thinking that DealDash is just a normal auction site, something like eBay, and that bidders are getting ridiculously good deals… iPads for $5 and the like.

But in reality, the prices quoted in the commercial are a misrepresentation of the amount actually spent by the bidder. And the idea that DealDash is just a regular auction site is an illusion.

:End Quote: Chris Andrews:
-----------------------------------------

More info in these links:

http://www.fraud.org/penny-auctions. (They actually warn to avoid penny auctions.)
-----------------------------------------

At the time this posting: they have 2663 reviews with 1,858 - 5 star I love them reviews. (Likely they have offered incentives for some people to give them good reviews)

Tip for consumers: Do some research before you throw your money at these sites.

geralde8
8/28/15

I still need to understand when I pick an item to bid when it will be available

reginaldw7
8/27/15

hard to understand how to bid

richards156
8/27/15

In the middle of the night I asked about a item I won. It was not shipped in two weeks. I received a answer in a short time. I thought that was just great.

darlenev1
8/26/15

I make a big mistake. And they was so kind .and help me .I would recommend
This company to anyone .

joelv7
8/26/15

plesent and kind. knowing what is needed.

douglasw19
8/25/15

did not understand how process worked

dianec43
8/25/15

I really don't think this is going to work out for me. It has made me extremely nervous. I thought I would enjoy it, but I find myself grinding my teeth.

madelines5
8/25/15

Answered my email question quickly and explained my question 100%. Thank You......M.S.

colleenc14
8/25/15

Great auctions got to great gifts waiting for a TV I want

judya13
8/25/15

My address somehow got omitted from my profile.. was fixed very quickly.

mk65
8/25/15

My experience was fast and excellent!

theresam21
8/24/15

I love dealdash

shelii
8/24/15

Had an issue with an item I won. Sent a message to customer service. Within an hour I received a couple of options to resolve the problem. Karl S handled things quickly. Customer service doesn't get any better than this! Thank you Karl S! Thank you DealDash!!!

jackiep19
8/23/15

Was given an invalid Amazon card

ronniet9
8/23/15

Pleasant experience, prompt fast service.

jillm44
8/23/15

This site will take money from your bank account/ credit card unauthorized! Do NOT give any financial information to them whatever you do! They will drain all your financial means from your account. FRAUD!!!!!

gerrya4

Petfect. Five star

deborahd23
8/22/15

What do you have to loose

joshuas62
8/22/15

I think this site is awesome

rayl36
8/22/15

Was very fast and you did your best.
The refund was very, very, fast
Thanks again
Ray
Canada

maxines7
8/22/15

Most prompt service I have ever recieved from any site. Most courteous, and very impressive. I would strongly reccommend this bidding site to everyone. I would not choose another.

gregg170
8/22/15

I went to the sight and did not read how the process works.I bid and was charged for bids I purchased. I contacted support and they gave me credit back to my charge card. Now that I understand I may join the "fun"

27 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DealDash staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Why do i need to put credit card information before i put in a bid
4/26/15
Answer
davido9
A: Hi Chaz, in order to participate and bid in the auctions it's first required to purchase a bid pack. Bid packs come in a variety of different sizes. For example you could get 500 bids for $75. Once you have purchased a bid pack you're ready to go! You can bid to win an item. If you don't win, you can always buy the item at normal retail price using the "Buy it Now". We'll ship your item free of charge and even give you back all the bids you used in that auction to try again. Keep in mind we have a 100% money back guarantee on your first purchase - no questions asked. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to email support@dealdash.com. Many thanks!
4/29/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: how many auctions has player won as a member
4/30/15
Answer
kerryk6
A: Thats a hard question to answer, because it depends on the article, and its value. I will say I have won some great Articles, and lost many, maby more.
the more valuable the article the harder to win.
Personally, I gave up on Deal Dash due to the BID STOMPING and Jumpers and the gready nature of some bidders, who stockpile bids.
Also, even though Deal Dash supposedly has means to catch Buddy Bidding, I myself have caught at least 4 people doing buddy bidding, reported it, and nothing was ever done about it.
Finally I no longer play on Deal Dash, for the reasons I mentioned, but thats my choice.
Its up to you, on what you want to do.
Hope this helps.
5/1/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the DealDash staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

35 Photos for DealDash