US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

anthonyd40
2/5/15

They're ok, but some of their files have a bunch of viruses.

robertr100
1/8/15

Terrible website. False files and viruses.

mopeg
3/19/14

read the privacy policy. it practically tells you that they are giving away your information and that they have access to your devices. the only thing that they really say anything about is that they wont use your device information to track you and your device. ALWAYS read the fineprint.

sams131
2/16/14

This site has VERY slow downloads. Plus, you have to sign up to download, which I think its useless. Also, there are lots of ads containing the word "Download Now," so you don't know what to click.

mariak17
1/7/14

Useless for downloading free books. Scam.

bobb528
9/9/13

having issues with the stupid desktop they make you download in order to not get any errors that your image is too large. the desktop can't be used on multiple computers like you can with FILEZILLA. the desktop on my one computer i keep having to uninstall and reinstall. forget contacting their support for help because it takes 5 days for you to get anything back from them. worst site!!!!!!!!!!!

alaq
7/7/13

They have fake books. You will sign up and download the book and finally get nothing but a damn virus

tonyr19
5/15/13

Excellent website for file sharing. It has 3 problems: One, there is no auto suggestion box or spelling correction...So any error in spelling will give no results for your search. Second; if you search in any language other than English, you find no results; but stupid enough, Google can find your search inside 4shared if it is available, but 4shared search box does not find it...that means 4shared website developers are not competent or simply morons. last problem is the control panel confusing and no clear way to to ur account settings. Sometimes people can have full access to your uploads which can reflect a profile of your interests. Somehow it looks like a loophole threatening user privacy.

jelloj
4/10/13

good

jl34
2/8/13

I've used this program for backup of my business docs. Specifically there are three issues that make this program almost useless. First, it randomly & liberally renames your files. If you have hyperlinks, it just wipes them out. You'll be renaming files everyday, if you can find them. Second, It duplicates your files. I have had files duplicated up to 75 times. This duplicating made my 9 gigs of word and excel documents into 17 gigs. Then, while trying to find each douplicated doc among thousands of docs and hundreds of folders, 4 sinc hammers your computer with over the limit warnings. Third, while its busy renaming your files and duplicating entire folders, it takes up so much processor and bandwidth it shuts you down until you shut it off. If you want to use this for a back up... Don't. Find a program that works. I didn't even mention the incessent pop ups that come fast and heavy when the program crashes.

davisonhs
1/18/13

This is a good website for uploading videos for sharing purpose. I see one major difficulty, all videos are not available on this channel.

lynetteb
8/9/12

I've used this website for years as a place to store back-ups for my music (one of the two main purposes of the website - storage and sharing). I loved it, and would go there often. Now with all the political interest in the internet and privacy on the internet (as in, some people believe internet users shouldn't have any) 4shared seems to be cracking under pressure. I've recieved two notices of copyright infringement even though I haven't done anything wrong. When I stated this to them, and my frustration over the issue, they basically told me to delete my account or face legal action -- even though I was using 4shared for storage, which they themselves claim is one of their purposes, and not for piracy. Be wary of this website.

raquele
7/6/11

Great website, found everything I wanted even without the premium features!

tinar2
9/22/10

Although I would love for a site like this to allow all the premium features for free, I can be happy with less. I do wish we could have some sort of system on this site for scanning the download before it comes to me.

I also like their clean look, and simple feel. Most other sites that are comparable usually jam up space with ads for their profit.

armenb
9/11/10

Free site for file uplaoad and download. I was able to find data not available even on scribd.com and is for free for now.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the 4shared staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I have repeatedly emailed and filled out the copyrighted forms to have a user on 4shared remove my viral video... the user does not have permission and 4 shared has done nothing, not even responded to my emails or the forms I filled out. This user has illegally uploaded my video without permission and well as MANY other peoples viral videos.

TERRIBLE Company and TERRIBLE Customer service!! $shared clearly does care if people are sharing videos, files illegally without permission the owners permission!!
3/19/13
Answer
armandof
A: can i download music from the 50;s and 60;s
3/17/12
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the 4shared staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

4shared?