I've not come to this lightly. I've given Frontier all the chances I could possibly give them. But as a customer service business, this absolutely has to represent the very worst of the worst.
After their takeover of my perfectly fine Verizon FIOS service, I suddenly was presented by new billing by an unknown company called Frontier. It was promised that the transition would be smooth and no changes in billing or the level of service would be seen. Immediately upon "throwing the switch", service was disrupted and down for days at a time. I, being in I.T. was maybe a little more forgiving in that things rarely go as planned on switch-overs unless the company has very well thought it out and planned accordingly. This was the first red flag. A tech company that can't handle it's own tech needs. Be that as it may, I went along with it and the service eventually stabilized somewhat. Promised speeds of 50/50 seldom were met, checked using their own online testing software. But I let that slide for a bit longer and they finally got the service to stabilize most of the time.
I was doing fine until a December 2016 billing where the bill jumped up $20.00 per month with no increase service quality. This was in direct conflict with my agreement with Verizon in price lock, as written in their contract. I contacted them immediately as did a chat conversation via their web site. I was as cordial as I could be, insisting on speaking with a supervise, knowing the phone support person had no authority. I was not allowed a supervisor, given a phone number to call and "dismissed" by this rude CSR.
I called the number and finally reached a CSR who told me his name was Brix. We supposedly worked out the issue and was supposedly given a transaction number 503****91 and promised if I just paid the scheduled billing they would take care of a rebate and corrected billing from that time on. I rested a little easier and made the payment as requested.
Today, 01-15-2017, I received via email a bill showing $114.51! Not only did they not give me my corrected billing, they failed to show my previous payment and that's with the confirming email they sent! I'm currently on the phone and been on hold for over 2 hours and can clearly see these people are not going to correct this.
I have tried my best to understand the situation. This, however, is a joke. This is the model of everything a company can do wrong and not try to correct the situation. Instead, they only seem to do all in their power to make a bad situation worse. No customer service at all. Horrible technical service to begin with. These people should have their licenses revoked. I will drop these clowns and go to the only other competitor, Spectrum, as soon as I can square this up and get out of it.
Stay away from these idiots. They are the worst of the worst!