IMHO, AliExpress is a BIG deceptive Scam. They do NOT have the customer focus of Amazon, and they will never be Amazon.
1. First, the savings do not compensate for the extended wait times. That alone should drive most shoppers to avoid them.
2. If you never receive an item, you my have to wait 3-4 months before you get your money back. UNCOOL.
3. If you get a defective item, and you get defective items regularly, you will have to jump through hoops, and waste a lot of time to send them evidence with pictures and videos (that they may or may not be able to see) before they give you an AliExpress judgment.
4. An AliExpress judgment may be valid (refund without return), or invalid (your evidence is not to their liking), and you're out of luck. You can appeal, but you never hear back from them.
5. The worst, and most deceptive AliExpress judgment is when, after you do everything to their liking, and they deem the claim valid, they tell you "full refund but you must return the item to China with tracking (they recommend DHL) in 9 days (seriously?)".
6. Shipping anything from anywhere to China by DHL and in 9 days, is cost-prohibitive, and is often more than the refund amount itself.
7. This basically amounts to: "yes, you got a defective" product, but you will get no refund. We shamelessly lied about Buyer Protection.
Everyone should report them to NYSE so they remove the BABA stock from the NY stock exchange.