I have McAfee LiveSafe which is their most expensive security software suite at a whopping $89.99. It has the following problems:
1. It just stops working but you don't know it until for some reason you want to open the program (to do a scan or something) and it is unresponsive. To get it working you have to reinstall it. I have had to do this several times.
2. It says it works with all popular browsers. It has an app called SafeKey that is said to securely manage your site user names and passwords and auto fill them in. It does not work with Firefox without changing some settings which Mozilla Firefox does not recommend. I did it anyway. SafeKey works on some sites and not on others. Firefox does a better job of login management.
3. As of tomorrow, Dec. 31, 2015 they are eliminating SafeKey for another app called TrueKey which does not work with Firefox at all according to info. on the Web. If you go to the Firefox Website and do a search for TrueKey, "there are no results found".
4. Their email Support always goes to a error page when you submit it.
5. Their Chat Support keeps disconnecting always so it is impossible to use.
6. They have "Virtual Technician" software that is supposed to find and fix problems when LiveSafe stops working. It scans and finds problems and says it corrects them but the program still doesn't work and has to be reinstalled.
7. When I ran a free copy of Malwarebytes from cnet and ran a scan, it found issues McAfee had missed.
8. They have a clear SATISFACTION GUARANTEE" logo on their page where you enter your credit card info. and make the purchase. I have requested a refund as I am DISSATISFIED but they have refused.
I have filed a consumer complaint with the Better Business Bureau of San Jose, CA to try and get my money back as I have 210 days left on my subscription and have removed all the McAfee software in favor of Windows Defender, Windows Firewall and a couple of free applications from cnet. I have Windows 10 and a new Toshiba Laptop with a Core i7 processor and 12 MB of ram. So I don't think the problems with LiveSafe are my computer.
What more can I say, stay away from McAfee. I got along find for years with a computer with Windows XP, Avast free antivirus and a few other free apps from cnet. I don't why in a weak moment I opted for this terrible McAfee/Intel junk!