Member since January 2018
- Reviews 1
- First to Review 0
- Very Helpful 6
- Funny 0
- Fraud Buster 0
- Great Find 0
- Well Said 0
- Thank Yous 0
- Fans 0
- Profile Views 127
I wanted to get something different for my parents that live out of town. After researching three different companies, I decided to go with Plated.
Here is a timeline of events:
1) Just before Christmas 2017, I placed an order for a gift card for two meals each for two people. When I was placing the order through the website, I received a message stating that the recipient would receive an email immediately when I completed the order. The email wasn't delivered.
2) I had to call after Christmas to have the email (gift card) sent. A cheerful and polite person answered and took care of the situation.
3) When my parents went to select the meals they wanted to try, they were required to provide a credit card number even though this was just a gift (to try out the service).
4) I ended up placing the order since I had to set up an account just to purchase the gift card. My parents made their selections and sent me an email on a Saturday.
5) The very next day, Sunday, I tried to place their order but all of the menu options had changed.
6) I called Plated to find out what was going on. I was on the phone with a customer serve person for almost 35 minutes explaining that they change the menus at midnight on Saturday, which is not very clearly communicated on the website.
7) Then I had to contact my parents to have them make all new selections.
8) When I went to place the order again, an item was sold out, which required me to contact my parents again to make another selection. Keep in mind, they shouldn't have to be bothered like this just to use a gift card.
9) I called customer service again, to share my frustration with the whole experience. I was on the call for over 53 minutes. During the conversation, I was asked if I would like my account to be canceled once the food was delivered so that I would not continue to be charged! Why would I continue be charged for meals that I am not ordering? I only purchased a gift card.
10) Finally, an acceptable solution. I was given an additional credit which allowed for one additional meal for each of my parents plus a desert. This was a nice gesture and good customer service.
11) On the delivery day for the meals, the roads were icy and the food was not delivered. I received an email (not a phone call) that a full credit would be applied to my account and the food can only be guaranteed fresh until midnight of the delivery day so the delivery driver was instructed to discard the delivery.
12) I called once again. This time it was to request a full credit back to my credit card. Unfortunately, my parents never received their Christmas gift, and will never have the chance to try any meals from Plated.
The whole experience, as you can tell from the timeline, was just not a good one. Hopefully, Plated will review the phone conversations and read customer reviews to learn how they can improve their customer service and customer experience. As for the actual food itself, I am unable to provide any review.
Maybe others will have better experiences.
Todd Has Earned 6 Votes
Todd R.'s review
of Plated earned 6 Very Helpful votes
Todd hasn’t received any thanks yous.
Todd doesn’t have any fans yet.
Todd isn’t following anybody yet.
Similar Reviewers on Sitejabber
I was so excited to open my very first plated box that I opened it right after it was delivered....
We have always enjoyed Plated but recently notice that ingredients have been eliminated and...