It's a hit or miss here.
There are several disconnects: one being between the kitchen and the food they don't seem to know what they are doing as if they aren't from America, a disconnect between the waitstaff and the customer as the waitstaff doesn't talk about the food ordered, make suggestions or explain what is in the plate when it's served, the runners from the kitchen tonight didn't know I hadn't ordered "soup," it was clam chowder. Her spanish was excellent her English highly challenged.
When you hire people that aren't from America and don't understand English you have many problems:
1. Sanitation, it's not big in 3rd world countries or where people are fleeing from and now they are handling our food.
2. They don't know what our food is or that soup is served with a soup spoon and chowder may get ground pepper.
2 nights ago I stopped in as I had heard it was good.
The mussels were excellent and the combo seafood plate was pretty good. Malt vinegar would have been a great option if only the wait staff had known it was for fried seafood and brought it to the table!
The coffee is a mistake, it's as if they used 1/10 the amount of coffee needed to brew a pot, don't waste your money!
Tonight when I came to try it again I sat outside, but a table of 4 adults had 2 pre teenagers running and screaming all over the area, the parents oblivious to their out of control kids. This is a restaurant not a playground for children!
The restaurant staff did nothing, I moved twice to get away from the screaming running children!
Finally, settled I placed my order!
I ordered clam chowder, shrimp cocktail and a blackened grouper sandwich with jasmine rice.
1. The "soup" came without a spoon, not clam chowder, but "soup!" When a spoon arrived, it wasn't a soup spoon but a tablespoon! The spanish speaking girl was clueless that it was clam chowder and referred to it as soup!
2. The shrimp cocktail came out immediately after the "soup" was dropped off, both appetizers at the same time. Hmmmm!! 2 of the 6 shrimp had been deveined, 4 had not! It is a $14.50 appetizer with only 1 of 3 shrimp deveined and it was sent out with my chowder!! Not good!
I asked for a manager, I asked if they devein the shrimp on a shrimp cocktail, he took it back to the kitchen, apparently it takes 10 minutes to devein 4 shrimp! 2.5 minutes per shrimp! Pathetic!!
3. My blackened grouper sandwich arrived, it was a very small piece of grouper for the money and wasn't blackened, it was grilled! Instead of the jasmine rice I had ordered my plate was covered with fries!
I sent it back. They moved my sandwich to another plate and added rice after a while!
Yeah, 0(zero) out of 3 items came out correctly!
The staff is friendly and management is very nice, but the disconnect is huge here!
They have a long way to go or perhaps this is their comfort zone, but $45.00 for this meal is too high for a below average experience by about 2/3!