Member since February 2018
- Reviews 1
- First to Review 0
- Very Helpful 1
- Funny 0
- Fraud Buster 0
- Great Find 0
- Well Said 0
- Thank Yous 0
- Fans 0
- Profile Views 87
1) I am a ROKU lover...I have 2 ROKU 4's, 1 ROKU 3 and 1 ROKU 2.
2) Never had any issue with them until the 2 ROKU 4 units seemed to have failed.
3) As a recap (as per the 3 request tickets #1378967, 1392691 and 1402172), the issue started as follows:
a) ROKU 4 in living room was frozen on menu screen.
b) Tried to restart with screen...frozen.
c) Pulled out the "plug" from the ROKU 4 and it started up with the ROKU screen looping.
d) Tried to reset by holding the "button" at the bottom for 30 seconds or more...still looping.
e) Went to the bedroom where the other ROKU 4 is and verified that it is working OK.
f) Decided to SWAP the bedroom unit with the living room unit and the bedroom unit is now looping.
g) Swapped the bedroom unit and the living room unit back and the bedroom unit is now looping.
h) Called ROKU Customer Support and went through all the ROKU testing...same result.
i) ROKU customer support recommended buying a new power unit...I did...same result.
j) RoKU customer support concluded that both units are defected and the only solution is to buy 2 more units since my warranty is over.
4) Is there anything that the ROKU company can do for me ==> I asked ROKU customer support.
Your request #(1402172) has been marked as resolved.
To add additional comments to this ticket , reply to this email.
Issue : Re: Stuck on Roku logo
Ash, Feb 21, 14:53 PST:
Thank you for writing to us, while checking your account in the email address (*****@xxx.net), I see the both the Roku 4 devices are out of warranty. Unfortunately, we can't replace the device for you. I request you to select the link given below and select the products option in the top to check about the new Roku models available in market.
Link : https://www.roku.com
Take care and have a good day.
This is my warning to all ROKU owners:
1) Despite the fact that I am a satisfied, happy ROKU owner and a ROKU lover with 4 ROKU devices, I would have thought that ROKU would have given me a discount on a purchase of a new ROKU unit...at least.
2) I would have thought ROKU would have wanted their original power unit back and the old ROKU's (ROKU 4's) back for analysis.
3) My assumptions are:
a) ROKU did some update that made the 2 ROK4's useless???
b) The power unit somehow "fried" the ROKU 4 and then when I swapped it out
for my other ROKU 4 that was working..it "fried" this too.
What can I say? I guess this is their business practice??? SAD
Robert Has Earned 1 Vote
Robert C.'s review
of Roku, Inc. earned a Very Helpful vote
Robert hasn’t received any thanks yous.
Robert doesn’t have any fans yet.
Robert isn’t following anybody yet.
Similar Reviewers on Sitejabber
I purchased my 3800 in JAN 19 at Walmart. It was easy to install and setup. It worked perfectly...
I enjoy all four of my ROKU devices and TV's but they get a big ZERO when it comes to customer...