Costco Travel is a total scam. When you contact Costco they are not affiliated with Costco Travel and they can not help you.
* If you try to call, the hold time is over an hour.
* They do not have an option for a call back.
* Emails to their customer care email bounce back with a message that the email will not be read.
* They charge 100% of the trip 60 days prior to departure.
*There is no online method to cancel.
* The Costco Travel website in the fine print states that you can call directly to Enterprise, etc. and they can cancel for you. Not true. Enterprise stated that the Costco Travel contract does not allow them to cancel a reservation.
We are trying to leave for a week's trip not booked through Costco Travel. Then I get an email that Costco Travel is going to charge $3,000. To my credit card for a May trip (it is now March) on Monday which I was surprised by. Thankfully I booked the May trip airfare directly with American Airlines, which took 2 seconds to cancel.
After using chat with Costco.com who is not claiming any control or communication with Costco Travel, holding forever, contacting Enterprise directly, reading all the fine print on Costco Travel, entering my Enterprise number directly into the Enterprise website which doesn't work. Trying to delete my credit card on file with CostcoTravel.com, etc. I am beyond frustrated.