I've spent most of my disposable income at Thomann for many years, so I think I can safely say Thomann rocks!
I can personally verify that:
1. They have a truly incredible amount of stuff to choose from! Not only all the usual brand names, but they also have good quality in-house brands with unbeatable prices (Harley Benton, Zultan).
2. If you still need something they don't have, just give them a call and they'll contact the manufacturer and get it for you. A very useful service, considering the fact manufacturers won't normally talk to YOU, but they'll return Thomann's calls alright! This has saved me on occasions.
3. When you have no idea what product best suits your needs, call Thomann and discuss it with their very helpful staff, they'll answer any questions about the products and guide you to the right choice. Thomann hires people who love music (and who often play an instrument themselves), and it shows in their enthusiasm!
4. They deliver quickly, and you're guaranteed to get flawless products, unless you specifically order items marked B-stock to save a buck.
5. If there's something wrong with a product anyway (perhaps it was damaged in transit), Thomann will replace it at no cost to you, and if it takes a long time to get a replacement they'll offer a rebate instead, if you prefer it.
6. If there's nothing wrong with a product but you find you don't want it after all, just send it back within 30 days, and Thomann will refund you in full, no questions asked. They will even pay for the return package! This service is so awesome I feel embarrassed every time I use it, it feels like taking advantage of a friend who is just too nice for his own good!
7. Cymbals are a great example of when Thomann's customer friendly way of doing business absolutely rocks. Cymbals are difficult to buy, because ever individual cymbal is unique, and you'll never know if you'll get one that melds well with your other cymbals. With Thomann you can order a few of the same model and see which one works best for you and return the rest. I wouldn't DARE to buy cymbals online from anyone else!
To sum it up, I've spent tens of thousands of Euros at Thomann over many years. I've bought guitars and basses and drums and woodwinds and microphones and studio equipment, and I've never once been disappointed with Thomann's service.
I have however often been impressed with their professional and user friendly business practices, and the helpfulness of their staff. To me, Thomann represents the measuring rod for how an online business should be run! Did I mention their online "in stock" status never lies? Little things like that is what makes an online store pleasant to use.
I write all of this because I'm APPALLED to see the low ranking Thomann has here! I can't think of a business that deserves this kind of harsh complaints less. Everyone should realize that Thomann is a huge business with lots and lots of customers. Apparently a few of them are unhappy for whatever reason, and feel the need to vent their disappointments online. But if my experience is anything to go by, your odds of being a happy customer are great indeed!
The product reviews made by users at Thomann are often the only product feedback by users available anywhere on the internet. Always read them! If there's a subtle problem with a product, there's a good chance someone has encountered it before and can warn you, or tell you how to work around it.