Member since February 2017
- Reviews 1
- First to Review 0
- Very Helpful 5
- Funny 0
- Fraud Buster 0
- Great Find 0
- Well Said 0
- Thank Yous 0
- Fans 0
- Profile Views 210
B&H Photo Video
These are the objective facts of my recent experience with B&H. I leave it to you to decide on whether you should trust them to supply equipment, taking into account the possibility that the equipment might need returning or replacing.
· Ordered NEW equipment from B&H and paid $795 + $82 delivery charge online. Straightforward ordering and fast delivery.
· Received goods. Paid additional $97 in tax. Goods found to be defective as a number of the suction cups did not hold suction for more than two minutes.
· Returned goods. Straightforward procedure and good support from B&H in issuing return labels etc.
· Received replacement equipment. Paid additional $110 delivery charge and a further $104 tax on delivery. This equipment found to be WELL USED stock, with numerous marks, dents, scratches and a vital attachment ¼ thread stripped rendering it unusable.
· Contacted B&H to advise them that I was not satisfied. B&H refused to accept the goods were used and asked for photographs. Photos were supplied showing clearly the signs of use this equipment was WELL used, perhaps 1-2 years old and used heavily in that time. Verified by manufacturer (Digital Juice) that the condition as seen in the photos was not the condition of the item when supplied NEW.
· B&H continued to maintain that the items had been supplied as new condition, refusing to acknowledge even the possibility that a mistake might have been made and that a used unit might have been dispatched by mistake. I pointed out that they had two USED units for sale on their website priced at $500.
· B&H offered $75 refund. I refused.
· B&H continued to maintain that the item supplied was NEW.
· After considerable time and inconvenience I received notification from B&H that a refund of $226 had been made as a final offer. They did not ask if this was acceptable to me, nor did give me an opportunity to respond.
· By this time I had paid $513 more than I should have for a USED item that was unusable. Understandably I was not happy with the refund of $226.
· I then advised B&H that I would not accept their offer and that I would like to return the item for a full refund.
· B&H responded by stating they would not accept the return of the item as it was now used!
Matthew Has Earned 5 Votes
Matthew L.'s review
of B&H Photo Video earned 4 Very Helpful votes
Matthew hasn’t received any thanks yous.
Matthew doesn’t have any fans yet.
Matthew isn’t following anybody yet.
Similar Reviewers on Sitejabber
I am a professional photographer from Spain based in the amazing skies of Chile. Keen on...
When in cart having trouble to go back and add another item. I had to restart the order since...