Member since December 2015
- Reviews 1
- First to Review 0
- Very Helpful 0
- Funny 0
- Fraud Buster 0
- Great Find 0
- Well Said 0
- Thank Yous 0
- Fans 0
- Profile Views 132
This company is not BBB accredited! Be warned!
I ordered Medicalalert for my mom after she fell and broke her hip. The customer service was initially very friendly. I asked a lot of questions and the product seemed to satisfy the basic requirements. They said there was a 90 day commitment after I signed and returned the contract. When I received the package, I immediately opened it to test the equipment.
1) one device didn't work AT ALL!
2) It took a very long time for someone to answer the alert call.
3) The base had very poor range. They couldn't hear me unless I spoke directly into the unit. Really ridiculous. Should have basic speaker range you get from a cell phone speaker or wireless handset. I can imagine my mom running into the kitchen to speak directly into the unit in fear of them calling the ambulance in case she accidentally presses the button. Running to get to the unit would end up causing her to trip and hurt herself! The unit would cause more harm than good.
4) The fall detection unit is so sensitive just walking around with it causes it to trigger an alarm. I triggered it SO many times just trying to move the box from one room to another. When I went to the Post Office to ship it back the unit kept going off in the box. Very stressful. I couldn't disable the unit.
5) The friendly customer service during the sale is nothing like the customer service when you report a problem. Unprofessional customer service than blame YOU for the problems with their device, making you feel like it's your fault for not knowing how to work.
6) And this is the worst part - what they don't tell you is that once you place the order you will be stuck paying 90 days. Even if you call to cancel before receiving the device (just FYI, there is no way to cancel or stop the shipment). Even if you refuse the package from FedEx. Even if they send you faulty broken equipment. Even if you return it. Even if you NEVER sign and return the contract. The minute you give your credit card number, they believe they are entitled to a 90 day payment.
Extremely dishonest company that takes advantage of the elderly and the family members trying to care for and protect them.
Also, the product is great in concept but not execution. If someone is outside gardening and accidentally hits the button, there should be a way to cancel the alert from the device or speak into it to talk to customer service. There should also be some blinking indicator on the device letting the person know it was activated. I guarantee if your loved one hit it on accident and had NO IDEA it happened and the ambulance showed up to their house, that would probably be the last time they wore it. Waste of money.
Please don't waste your money. Get them a smart watch or insist they keep their cell phone on them.
Bad customer service and very poor quality product. No excuse for a poor product, especially considering the advances in technology and how inexpensive it has become. Also if a device breaks and it doesn't call for aide, you are signing a contract that relieves them of any responsibility for a faulty device. It's your fault for not constantly testing it to make sure it works. You should always read the fine print before signing anything and this contract says it all!
Lolouila hasn’t received any votes.
Lolouila hasn’t received any thanks yous.
Lolouila doesn’t have any fans yet.
Lolouila isn’t following anybody yet.
Similar Reviewers on Sitejabber
I ordered MedicalAlert for my 82 and 84 year old parents. Customer service is awful! I had a...
We obtained a Medical Alert for my mother in August of 2017. Fortunately, she never had to use...