We’re in this together! Stay safe with our COVID-19 guide

Developed in part with a grant from
the National Science Foundation

Kayana G.

  • 1 Review
  • 4 Helpful Votes
  • 1 Thank You

Experience: Finance

Member since December 2018

  • Review


  • First Reviews


  • Thank Yous


  • Fans


  • Profile Views


Review Distribution

1 Review by Kayana

I've had a Netspend account for a few years. I have 40% of my pay deposited into that account and the other 60% deposited into my credit union account which I've only had for 1 year. 11/29/2018 I received my payroll deposit around 10:40pm. The next day I placed an order on EBay around 11:20 and went to log into the Netspend app using my finger print and this was the first time it asked me to actually type in my password. Didn't think anything of it since sometimes things like this happens with apps. The problem was it was not accepting my password. So I clicked the forgot password button to have a temp password emailed to my yahoo account. Did not receive the email so I tried it again and nothing happened. Called Netspend to let them know and they asked to verify my email address. Once I done that, the rep told me that they had a hotmail email addyon file for me. I knew this was not right because I've never used hotmail and Netspend has always sent correspondences to my yahoo address. So the rep updated my account back to my yahoo email so he can send a temp password so I can reset mine and log in. It wasn't until I logged in that I realized $540 plus and additional $18 transfer fee was charged for Western Union. I immediately went off and filed a dispute. I also contact Western Union fraud dept and filed a dispute with them as well. Long story short, they said I have to wait until 12/14 to see if I qualify for a temp credit back to my account. Today is Monday 12/3 and western union says the person that received the money was a lady named Michelle Dodson from Kansas City Missouri. Mind you, I live in Virginia and so does all my family and I have never sent money through Western Union ever in my life. After reading some of these comments and finding out there was a class action lawsuit against Netspend, I'm convinced this is an inside job. I will have an update for you on 12/14 to see if I get my money back. And I am also filing a police report
Travis V. – NetSpend Rep
Dear Kayana,

We regret to hear that there was an unauthorized transfer made from your account. We would like to make sure this is addressed and request that you contact us at social@netspend.com. We will have someone from our main office contact you to assist with your dispute claim.

Thank you,


Kayana Has Earned 4 Votes

Kayana G.'s review of NetSpend earned 4 Very Helpful votes

Kayana Has Received 1 Thank You

Kayla C. thanked you for your review of NetSpend

“Kayana, they took $202 back from me after i submitted documentation. they still won't give me back my $145 after submitting documentation. and social@netspend.com don't work. nor does disputedocuments@netspend.com thanks.”

Kayana doesn’t have any fans yet.

Kayana isn’t following anybody yet.

Similar Reviewers on Sitejabber


I am locked out of my acct. I tried to change my password at least 25 times. I called customer...


Charged a 1.00 for receiving a direct deposit from my job. Also was charged $200 in fee's alone...