I have used reship several times in the past, last time in 2015. I remember the service was mostly lacking back then so I had decided to stay away unless really really necessary. This past November I decided to check them again, and honestly for not entirely good reason. Amazon.com already ships to Canada most of the merchandise I'm interested in and there are several other online stores that have convenient shipping rates as well.
So i gave reship another chance this last Amazon's BF. Last chance indeed since the service, again, was pretty bad.
Let me start with the good though:
- cs is quite responsive, and I appreciate the live chat
- affordable service overall, in spite of overestimating package dimensions and therefore shipping price, see below
- took a week from the moment item arrived until shipped. This is my main issue with them really, and the one that disqualifies them from most of my shipments
- transparency while managing issues. They somehow charged my usd cc in canadian dollars, even though the invoice they presented me was and is in USD. I had to call the bank in order to find out about the currency exchange, reship agents were, at best useless, if not deliberately avoiding to acknowledge their fault. There were another minor problems during shipping, where they failed to notice me my tracking number changed etc.
- as expected, the reship cost and rounding up the package dimensions: reship overestimated the weight by more than one pound which drove the shipping costs up. That is from weight as calculated by amazon and by me upon receiving the item.