3 weeks into my new service. I was able to switch from Verizon and get 3 lines for the same price. I had few complaints with Verizon except for similar issues as I will describe here - the straw that broke the camel's back with V was when I went to order a 2nd line, had to go through the process of logging in several times, going to vertical marketing portals etc. Finally I had the order all set up and the "checkout" button simply didn't work. Nothing exotic, Microsoft Edge. I am perfectly capable of doing online banking, ordering pizzas etc, so the "checkout button" not working is a novelty. Instead of checking out, I just went over to T-mobile and signed up for new service.
1. Tried to pay using phone app. When I log in, it sends me over to sprint. [wants me to install the sprint mobile app on my t-mobile phone]
2. Tech support couldn't help me, because the phone wasn't in their system. They shipped it to me [with the t-mobile app preinstalled, and I inserted the SIM card the person at the t-mobile store sent me, and the phone worked, and then a week later I went back to the store and they transferred my Verizon number and everything has worked hunky dory - except this tech support person couldn't send a confirmation code to it because it wasn't in their system]
3. OMG the patronizing. The tech support person was all "my good friend" and "we're besties and this is oh so casual' - it was casually sickening. If they worked on their BUTTONS WORKING as much as they worked on their patronizing disgusting scripts.
4. That tech was going to send me to ANOTHER tech support line but also recommended I try paying my bill using the web instead of the app - [Oh yeah, paying my bill is all I am trying to do] - But I was already furious at how much of my time they had wasted and I thought the problem was due to the phone. So I tried the app on the 2nd phone and same thing, sent me to Sprint.] - Tried the website from my Windows PC - same thing, sent me to sprint.
5. The pay without logging in feature is not working for me either. I enter either my phone number in both boxes or the billing account number and the "next" button doesn't activate.
I am almost at the point of just paying full price for these 2 phones and canceling the contract. Nobody's time and sanity is worth dealing with this type of relentless incompetence.
Also the "Revvl" phone that was their cheapest must have the thinnest screen glass I have ever had. It cracked within the first 3 days. Just a single crack.
Update: Less than a month in the Revvl4 phone's USB port has stopped working. I leave it on a shelf most of the time unless I want to listen to a podcast or sometimes to data tether. Went to data tether it today and the USB connection just cycles endlessly. I am using the same USB cable and the same laptop with the Motorola Play right now and it is working. I think the Revvl4 has pushed the boundaries of decency when it comes to materials usage.