What you should know about ebay Guarantee Policy.
1. If and when you raise a claim to exchange or refund, ebay has the right to decide whether to accept the claim or not. This is unlike flipkart, amazon or snapdeal.
2. eBay often decides without contacting the customer, which means you will not even be asked as to what your woe is.
3. eBay can take upto 2 months before they even decide to look into your claim.
4. Finally, 'eBay Guarantee Claim does not entertain quality issues'.
To give examples,
1. I purchased a cover for iphone 6+ but the cover was of very bad quality and i wanted to return it so i raised a claim. eBay did not even talk to me and without any discussion rejected the claim.
Today, i opened up a chat session to enquire and they told me that ebay rejected as per the quality issue. On asking for further explanation, no further reply was given.
2. I purchased a samsung galaxy s6 edge in september. It was heating up so i opened a claim so that it could be replaced. eBay called in mid November asking what the issue was and i told them why were they calling after 2 months. They said since it has been 2 months they cannot replace the phone. So as per their convenience they twisted the rules to automatically cancel the claim.
So before you purchase on ebay, be sure you read this about ebay's guarantee policy. It is very difficult, shallow and very poor. There is a high chance that claim will not be entertained.
Choose flipkart or amazon. Very easy to return products there.