I have been a member for about 4 months and I love the service so far. I was surprised when I came to this site to look at the reviews of others. I love getting my GB box and recommend them to friends. I have never gotten a smelly garment or something old and dingy. I will suggest a couple of things to make sure you get the best experience.
1.) Keep your online closet full. This way they have plenty to choose from to send you. I have over 120+ pieces in my online "on-the-rack" closet. I honestly think it helps to speed up my shipments because they have so many garments to choose from.
2.) When new pieces come out, which is normally twice a week, I immediately closet anything I am interested in.
3.) I keep about 10-15 items in the marked "Priorities" section. Again, this gives them plenty to choose from. I have always gotten something from my priorities in my shipment, if not both items. When I have a special occasion, I remove everything from my priorities except 10-15 special occasion outfits. So chances are I will get one of them. This has worked for graduations, weddings, etc. over this summer.
4.) Anything that is not in season, or you don't need, please put in your HOLD section o your account. I have everything winter, or special occasion, or things I can't use right away in the hold section.
5) Also click the 'return' notify button when you send something back. I think this gives them a head start. Normally within 24 hours I get a notice that my next box is being prepared. The shipping number takes another day or two, but I find that acceptable.
6) READ the reviews on each garment, AND check the size charts. The reviews from other members regarding items running small or large has been invaluable.
7) Mark on your calendar anytime you need to do something. For instance I had a month with a free upgrade from my 2 item subscription to 3 outfits. I immediately wrote on my calendar what day I needed to change my subscription back to 2 AND made sure to send the 3rd garment back 3 days prior to my billing date.
8) If you are going to buy from the GB shop, make sure you don't cancel your subscription until those items are in your hand. They ship with your subscription box. No subscription shipment box = no shop purchase shipment.
9) I am 40+ and enjoy current styled clothing, so I have no trouble finding a lot on the site to wear. I have found items that are casual as well as office friendly.
10) I also use Rent the Runway when I need a specific outfit for a specific date. Their clothes are designer pieces, and come with a designer rental price (I have rented single dresses from RTR costing $100+ for 4 days). GB service is similar but not the same. GB clothes are clothes you might find at Macy's, TJ Max, or other moderately priced stores. Think $40-$200 dresses. Not designer clothing. For my $70 per mont I get about 7 items per month to wear given the shipping turn around, and I don't have to pay shipping or dry cleaning bills. #winning
Those are just a few things I have done. Lastly, I think this service works best for those of us who already have a decent sized wardrobe of basics. It was not unusual for me to purchase a $100+ in online shopping per month for a few new pieces. Most rarely got worn more than 2 or 3 times. This service has eliminated that practice, so I actually save money. I use the service to try dresses that I normally wouldn't choose and or cost more than I will normally pay. I gave a bunch of my dated clothes to Goodwill and use the GB service for fun updated clothing. Since I have the basics covered, GB is a nice little addition.
My only con/feedback would be the shipment times. Most of the time from the time I select "return" notify on line, until I receive my next box is about 5 days. Given we are talking about the USPS I think that is pretty good. Sometimes it can take up to 7-8 days, which I do not find acceptable, but I still find the service to be a good value. I pray I never have some of the nightmare cancellation experiences others have had.