Just a comment on Marie B's review because when I try to leave a comment there it doesn't get posted.
No offence but that post looks like nothing more than a promo for the site because it doesn't address any of the following.
1. It's a UK site so the legal age is 16 but the fact is it should be for 18 yr and older. There's far too much talk about porn as well as other "adult" content subjects.
Keep your kids safe, you don't want them being befriended by men in their 30s and 40s or older.
Moderators agree that 16 is too young for the site.
Protect your children from being exposed to people who could be there to groom them.
2. Typically on about 12-15 of the 50 channels are ever used so if you're looking for support for BDD, Autism, Parenting, Stroke or a bunch of others including fitness then you'll be out of luck because those rooms never have chatters.
3. Well moderated should be defined. For a start, there aren't always moderators on the site so it can't be well moderated if nobody's there to do it.
4. The standard of moderating depends on the moderators personalities and that's a big issue. Some moderators don't get involved unless there are rule breaks but others behave like chatters and then will use their role as a moderator if you disagree with their comments.
5. It's clear some moderators and room assistants have favorites which means it's not done fairly.
6. A lot depends on the which people are on, some people treat it like a social thing and just want to talk about food and movies so if you come in with an eating disorder or bereavement don't expect much compassion or understanding. But if you come on at a different time when some really nice understanding people are there, then you'll get understanding and compassion.
7. It gives company the way that a tv gives company but it doesn't give companionship because that's about a relationship with another person and if you want to invest hours each week building relationships with people over several months then you're likely to get something that looks like companionship.
8. Respect for all is a joke, some people including moderators are respectful and some people including moderators are rude and disrespectful
Just like in real life.
“If you're lonely and want a bit of chat it's fine but that's all”
• Previous review
If you want trained listeners who can actually give practical support and advice then go to the 7cups chat room site instead of this site.
The title sums it up. Not really support because support depends on who is there and it just seems full of people who want to talk about their sexuality or non binary gender or pizza or gardening.