"Bad Motor" - bgood2 VERIFIED CUSTOMER
We just purchased a used 2006 Dodge Dakota. Decozen called and pursued us after we stated that we were not interested in this truck for various issues.
Decozen's management stated that the dealership would correct the engine lights and all the outstanding codes, including replacing the radiator, battery and thermostat for the set price we offered. We agreed as long as everything was corrected to Dodge's specifications on repairs and workmanship. Note: We agreed to replacing the brakes and correct the oil pan.
1) Repairs were not done and does not conform to standard mechanical procedures.
Specifically, radiator was supposed to be replace. Unit had dents in it and fastened with cable ties.
Transmission cooler was not even secured, just laying on the bottom of splash pan and no air circulation for cooling.
2) Not informed of engine issues. Copper sealant fluid was added to new radiator and thermostat.
3) Not informed of engine over-heating. Engine has redline on temp gauge.
4) 8 codes were not corrected or even address. Example- O2 sensor, low voltage shortage etc.
5) A new Battery was installed, but obvious wiring short at battery terminal. Fuse coming off battery terminal was burnt and melted.
These items were never addressed, corrected to standard industrial procedures.
I have called the company three times with no one returning my call to address the issues, including a complete write-up of service performed.