We bought a scammed Arabian desert Safari, while we were in Dubai.
The owner did not have the offer, which was posted on Groupon, so we said, to forget about it and asked Groupon to refund us the 2 tickets we bought.
Groupon refunded only one ticket after million of emails, after the Al Kuutot Al Thababia Tourism Dubai just voided the Ticket and took the money,
Groupon customer service has been a joke ever since and I needed 50 emails for someone to understand. I do not consider the case still closed.
Below the email sent to their "Manager" Mani.
Zero stars to Groupon (by the way you can find better offers, if you go directly by the sellers. The Ethiad Museum is chaeper at the door than Groupon, same as the Burj Kalifha to the TOP") and never anymore.
Here is the letter sent to him and his "staff"
Groupon failed in all the possible ways for the following reasons:
1) you confused me with some refund into Groupon of the wrong amount 34,80AED instead of 87AED
2) you have been protecting the scammer seller, who has been sending me ridiculous messages per what's up and you have put me in the middle of a resolution, which YOU should have led and taken ownership to resolve
3) you have been generating a ping pong of emails as a result of this mess, whih caused me to lose hours of work and the associated money, which I asked you tocompensate me and you did not even aknowledge the topic
4) you have never aknowledged my conversations I have sent you as a proof of the scammer Al Kuutot Al Thababia Tourism Dubai
5) you have never provided me a more efficient phone number to call, to resolve this quickly, but rahter forced me during and after my holidays in an exchange of emails, which resulted in writing a book
6) you do not offer the users the option to review the scammers in your portal, so that other people are not scammed like me. This is the sign you are instead protecting them, losing trust from users as a result of this
7) you have allowed the scammer (Al Kuutot Al Thababia Tourism Dubai) to redeem the voucher, without me ever authorising it, when I should be the one redeeming the voucher.
Given the deceiving and lying nature of the Dubai businesses, this is the last thing you should ever allow in your portal
8) Despite my requests to escalate the topic to a manager, you have delayed in showing up for over 2 weeks and instead pu me in contact with a person who has proved to be useless and not accountable (Jayalakshmi V.) - he should be fired.
9) I have no idea where the refund in groupon is. Please make the refund to my Credit card ending in 4992, not in Groupon as many times mentioned I want to get out of tihs scamming
10) you have not provided me the information, on how I can remove my profile and delete all my data forever from this platform, clearly infringing the (non exhisten in dubai) rules about Data protection.
11) if the above are your "standards" then just stop mentioning that, you are making ridiculous of yourself.
Appreciate, if you specifically address the points above, as we do in first world country.