Review of Zoosk

2018 Customer choice award

862 reviews with 1 star

dianaf16
5/20/19

I am NOT an active member of Zoosks dating service. I used this dating services many years ago. Approximately during 2008-2009
My Daughter passed away on Jan 9, 2018. I am suffering from PTSD and clinically depressed. There is no words to explain my pain. No human should endure this ever.
They charged my credit card on Feb, 2019 for $59 and again on May 2019. When I called I spoke to a Representative by the name of Val. He would not reimburse the money. I asked him for a Supervisor multiple times and he would not transfer me. I have contacted my bank and they will dispute it.
Please be careful. They do not care. This is FRAUD

thomasc560
5/17/19

Unless you live in a big city and are under the age of 50 don't buy this into this site!!! DO NOT JOIN!

markr795
5/5/19

Where to begin? I purchased the one month trial pack. First the lack of females in my area. Second never was able to access smart picks a feature of theirs. I felt like anyone I wanted to date was somehow unattainable. Wouldn't return messages which were full of compliments and very friendly. Which led me to believe that maybe they aren't real. It's like speaking into a canyon. Now of course there were the 50 females that were overweight or looked like my grandma that wanted to shop up and date me. In closing lack of customer support. Non working features and theyThey made me feel Like I was third shelf in a five shelf store. Less than I KNOW that I am. If your a model go for it if not, maybe steer clear.

erikb131
5/1/19

Scammers on this site SAYING they are from Africa..
The site itself also don't work..AT ALL!
DO NOT JOIN!

teddyt6
4/24/19

Stay away from this site! I recently got hacked and I called them, then they wanted me to make a new profile.

nancyh454
4/22/19

I cancelled my subscription to Zoosk one day short of two weeks from when my paid subscription ends. When I cancelled, they stated that my paid subscription ended that day before the one day shy of two weeks

I was a member of Match as well and they responded offering a discount and not ending my paid subscription when I decided not to stay a member after my paid subscription was over. Match.com did not stop my paid subscription, which is the required legal response.

fredf144
4/16/19

Well after some days, 100's of so called girls viewing and messaging, some of them you can message for free, its a con to make you believe its real, and you could be suckered in,, most of them are not in this country, check there pics carefully, in the end i got sick of it and played with zoosk, antagonising them, they got board and stopped changing my profile where i slated them, then i got board and wrote this : slags wanted, £ 1000 per day, must suck and take deep throat etc, it went on over a matter of weeks, it got funny pissing them off, so, and at the end said, so why have you given up, you bored as much as i am with the con site full of lies and slags, then they changed my password and banned me. i did not pay at anytime, and dont its a con as most of those girls are on sex with milfs, sex with grannies etc, its a CON, but you decide. just dont give them money.

glenng84
4/15/19

Every day I received photos of 2-5 young hot girls with a profile claiming to be between my search of 48-58 with a text me @ number on the photo. I reported to Zoosk many times, and nothing was ever done. The final straw was when another guys profile overrode my profile page, and his photos and information showed up but I still saw all his conversations. I reported to Zoosk and they blocked and cancelled my membership. This has got to be the worst dating site in history. I give them a 1 because zero isn't an option.

gordonh96
4/14/19

Scam,
They log me out of the system, and change my password after they got my card number.
They will not answer email or nothing .

josepha294
4/13/19

I joined this site and after 2 days they deleted my profile and said I didn't fit there criteria and no refund be very careful before paying

lilliep14
4/7/19

I signed up for 1 month of Zoosk due to seeing it was one of the most used sites for the LGBT community online. I am horribly disappointed and feel like they need to address this issue that apparently is not only happening on my account, but others I have spoken with. After creating my profile, I started scrolling down the different options given. I didn't click on some of the profiles that were showing up as online, only ones not that super far from me. But then these random people from everywhere who I didn't even view or message started popping up in my view lists over and over again until I had to block people constantly. They also started contacting me asking me about myself or saying hello & talking like I had reached out to them first and showed them interest either with message, smiles or hearts sent, when I never viewed or messaged them AT ALL. When I contacted the customer help line, they just read off a script to me without addressing my issue and said the site was just set up like that and they could offer me to view people as incognito for free. When I asked for the corporate number, they told me that I would just need to call the customer help line which was the one I was talking them on. First of all, I believe they need to address this issue, as it is sending messages from my account like it is me and it is not. To me that is IDENTITY THEFT.
DO NOT USE THIS SITE UNTIL THEY ADDRESS THE ISSUE!!

johnnya47
4/5/19

All I have to say is the people on there are fake, it's pay to play, or find out "if someone's
read your message" or pay to see if they sent you a message. Total scam, you won't be able to delete your profile or get a refund from "Rashid", who wrote me personally. Save your money, drop the last two letters and go to the zoo.

nancye119
4/4/19

Do not waste your money on this site... If you are looking for overweight out of shape smokers then yes this is the site for you otherwise save your money. That is the quality of men on this site. The other thing that bothers me is even after you block them they still can view your profile so Zoosk could care less. I also recommend deleting all your photos before cancelling other wise Zoosk will continue to use your photos and profile to lure other suckers in. Before you judge...take a look at my photo...I am a very attractive woman...far too attractive for the losers on Zoosk. I did not see one attractive in shape man that had a decent job...yeah so I would say you would have better luck throwing a rock into the street and finding a man then using this site. Anyway good luck

michaelh1306
4/1/19

Ok not thrilled with being billed after I cancelled my subscription. It's not the first time my credit union will have to take care of it for me. This site makes it difficult to cancel.

davidb2083
3/21/19

You can be messaging a person that you like, it starts off ok, then when they send a chat request you cannot respond and the other person stops messaging....no good to anyone and very frustrating!!!!

marigoldv
3/14/19

Zoosk matches you up with UNPAID members! One can try initiating contact, but 99.9% of the time there is no response!

keno57
3/7/19

I am 74 years old and was looking for a companion as I am a widower. I was pressed by friends to get on a dating site which I did, but without proper research. This site is awful from A-Z. Any messaging you get is unobtainable. The coordination between your computer and your phone is non-existent. When you block those you are not interested in they reappear over and over. You cannot permanently change the age of women you wish to view. The only contact I had resulted in her asking for "a loan" of money to help in a financial crisis before we ever got together. Give me a break. Many of those on here are trying to extort money. I believe that many of the women are fakes - planted to appear that there are many pretty women. Save your money - this is a scam.

teresah198
3/7/19

Canceling, not paying to talk to someone and only receiving out of state interest. I stated my interest but continued to get responses from our of the country or USA.

karenk410
2/10/19

I have used Match and Bumble as dating venues, Zoosk is by far the worse. They are all a lot of work but Zoosk has the lowest quality men. I received a lot of messages but the people that did meet what I was looking for always lived at the least 150 miles away and for me it is not ideal to date someone that far away. There are many men that have not verified their photos - to me this means they are not real and raises the question did Zoosk create profiles just to add to their pool of people. This site is not worth the time and money! Spare yourself!

steven150
1/26/19

. You will recieve notification that at least 15 or more people view your profile on a daily basis, many are multiple states away from you, and many of the "views" are generated by the website, the person that was supposed to have viewed you, in fact, did not! also personal experience... I had many members "view" my page, erase the view, to have it pop back up as soon as it was deleted.. funny, the person viewed me again right after I deleted the view were not online at the time... HMM.. how does one view you without being logged in?? also many many scammers... post photo not even close to the age listed, with area code and phone number asking you to text them, area code is normally many states away from the city and state they claim to be from! Zoosk is a ripoff, and as fake as they come, dont waste your time and money on this bad joke of a dating site!!! lots of scammers and fake views that are generated by Zoosk. look elsewhere, avoid this site!!

janeth290
1/20/19

I cancelled my subscription last year when I married the love of my life in March 2018 now they charged me again and somehow got my new debit card number after a year all of the sudden they charged it I have had no activity or anything so what is up

luigir7
1/2/19

I have used other online dating sites such as Match.com and eHarmony in the past. They both provide good customer service in my opinion. Then I heard about Zoosk via email. What an absolutely horrible experience from an organizational and customer service perspective. It's generous even giving Zoosk one star out of five. Buyers beware. They are a nightmare to deal with.

I purchased a 6-month subscription around mid 2018. Just before my expiry in December 2018, Zoosk sent me an email offering me 25% if I renew. Along with the email, and just after my subscription expired, I also received notifications that people on Zoosk had sent me messages. So I bit and renewed again. Only to discover that I was charged the full amount for 6-months and the messages from these so called "people" appeared computer-generated?

So I attempted to contact Zoosk on both the non-discounted price and the assumingly fake profiles out there. They informed me that I needed to pay by credit card (which I did via PayPal) and gave no answer to the seemingly "computer-generated" email messages received from potentially fake profiles. I then contacted PayPal to at least recover the 25% off ($19) --- which they did.

About a week later, Zoosk emails me informing me that my subscription was cancelled, yet I paid for 6-months? So I called them. Zero help and wouldn't even allow me to speak to a supervisor. Exact words from the customer service agent were: "I spoke to them and they do not want to speak to you. Your account has been blocked as it is our company policy to close an account when a dispute is raised via a 3rd party." I then inquired that when I get my full refund via PayPal (for obvious reasons), what would stop me from re-joining Zoosk (just to see what he would say)? To which the agent responded, "Sir, you have every right to attempt to re-join, but there is no guarantee that our system will not pick it up and block you."

I'll end by saying I simply wanted to be treated like a customer who has genuine concerns and honest questions. Why they chose to skate around the "real truth" and force me to gain mediation via PayPal is mind-boggling? Save you money folks and happy searching.

gabrielg85
12/12/18

-Too many fake profiles
-Spam profiles everywhere
-People without paid membership cannot see my messages
-I have to buy coins to see profiles of people with mutual interest.
-Spammers thrive in this site then harassing me with spam phone calls
-Catfishing is prevalent
-I was lured into purchasing a membership with a "message" from a member.
-She had never messaged me.

nikolab19
12/7/18

The customer service on this site is terrible. If you have an issue to email them and then you have to wait 3 days for a very unhelpful responses. As a consequence of this I am now out of pocket by £74.

totht1
12/5/18

Lots of member is not active but the page is still bring up.
Is so bed.Who is online is not the area.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Most of the profiles are fake. PROOF: After 26 days, I deleted all of the information and pictures on my profile and canceled but my subscription still had 4 more days. Each of those four days, I had numerous messages from women wanting to talk with me and each message then had an overlay telling me that it wasn't too late to change my mind about cancelling. Zoosk IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Herman M.

NO MA'AM IT IS NOT. In fact I only used the coins when I could get them for free. Under the system that's no longer possible. Nobody takes that sort of thing seriously, and for a woman it's even less relevant.

By Kevin W.

They aren't really viewing your profile...Zoosk populates your Views with people to make you think you are popular, so you will frequent the site. Zoosk is deceptive and playing games with your emotions!

By Don J.

Most of the profiles in Zoosk aren't even current, so what you are seeing are basically phantom profiles. For instance, once you decide not to renew your profile, they keep your profile up anway [instead of taking it down] and they use it sending out mechanical greetings attached to your profile to unsuspecting members. In other words, don't be expecting anyone to even write back. Chances are you will be communicating with an old profile that has expired a long time ago.

By Ray S.

Chances are you're sending a message to someone that was a member long ago and isn't registered any longer. Zoosk is a total scam.

By tom r.

I believe it is. But how safe is the internet these days. Just don't be quick to give too much information too soon you will know when its right to share. Good luck

By Anthony H.

Yep, you gotta pay for the subscription!

By Mel D.

Just a damm good money making machine imho who the hell os going to go 300 miles plus for a date and the majority of profiles are expired but kept on to look like they are active save your money mate

By barry s.

I'm not sure. When I signed up, I thought it was only going to cost $29.99 for 3 months. When I got to the end they wanted to charge another fee, I think for processing or something. I backed out. Later I got an e-mail telling me that the fee was dropped. I did meet one man, he was nice, but wasn't for me.

By Debbie P.

I am a paid member and I keep getting the same thing. I don't get it either. It is usually after I message them and have have view my profile. I get a message at the lower left portion of my screen and click on it, and it takes to where you do the messaging, but there is NO WAY to accept the messaging. And I never get a message from that person! The Zoosk message that initially pops up saying that " " wants to chat with you just goes away and you are left wondering what the HELL just happened. I know your problem. It is infuriating!

By Justin B.
Questions? Get answers from the Zoosk staff and other customers.

Zoosk?