Review of Zoosk

2018 Customer choice award

847 reviews with 1 star

marigoldv
3/14/19

Zoosk matches you up with UNPAID members! One can try initiating contact, but 99.9% of the time there is no response!

keno57
3/7/19

I am 74 years old and was looking for a companion as I am a widower. I was pressed by friends to get on a dating site which I did, but without proper research. This site is awful from A-Z. Any messaging you get is unobtainable. The coordination between your computer and your phone is non-existent. When you block those you are not interested in they reappear over and over. You cannot permanently change the age of women you wish to view. The only contact I had resulted in her asking for "a loan" of money to help in a financial crisis before we ever got together. Give me a break. Many of those on here are trying to extort money. I believe that many of the women are fakes - planted to appear that there are many pretty women. Save your money - this is a scam.

teresah198
3/7/19

Canceling, not paying to talk to someone and only receiving out of state interest. I stated my interest but continued to get responses from our of the country or USA.

karenk410
2/10/19

I have used Match and Bumble as dating venues, Zoosk is by far the worse. They are all a lot of work but Zoosk has the lowest quality men. I received a lot of messages but the people that did meet what I was looking for always lived at the least 150 miles away and for me it is not ideal to date someone that far away. There are many men that have not verified their photos - to me this means they are not real and raises the question did Zoosk create profiles just to add to their pool of people. This site is not worth the time and money! Spare yourself!

steven150
1/26/19

. You will recieve notification that at least 15 or more people view your profile on a daily basis, many are multiple states away from you, and many of the "views" are generated by the website, the person that was supposed to have viewed you, in fact, did not! also personal experience... I had many members "view" my page, erase the view, to have it pop back up as soon as it was deleted.. funny, the person viewed me again right after I deleted the view were not online at the time... HMM.. how does one view you without being logged in?? also many many scammers... post photo not even close to the age listed, with area code and phone number asking you to text them, area code is normally many states away from the city and state they claim to be from! Zoosk is a ripoff, and as fake as they come, dont waste your time and money on this bad joke of a dating site!!! lots of scammers and fake views that are generated by Zoosk. look elsewhere, avoid this site!!

janeth290
1/20/19

I cancelled my subscription last year when I married the love of my life in March 2018 now they charged me again and somehow got my new debit card number after a year all of the sudden they charged it I have had no activity or anything so what is up

luigir7
1/2/19

I have used other online dating sites such as Match.com and eHarmony in the past. They both provide good customer service in my opinion. Then I heard about Zoosk via email. What an absolutely horrible experience from an organizational and customer service perspective. It's generous even giving Zoosk one star out of five. Buyers beware. They are a nightmare to deal with.

I purchased a 6-month subscription around mid 2018. Just before my expiry in December 2018, Zoosk sent me an email offering me 25% if I renew. Along with the email, and just after my subscription expired, I also received notifications that people on Zoosk had sent me messages. So I bit and renewed again. Only to discover that I was charged the full amount for 6-months and the messages from these so called "people" appeared computer-generated?

So I attempted to contact Zoosk on both the non-discounted price and the assumingly fake profiles out there. They informed me that I needed to pay by credit card (which I did via PayPal) and gave no answer to the seemingly "computer-generated" email messages received from potentially fake profiles. I then contacted PayPal to at least recover the 25% off ($19) --- which they did.

About a week later, Zoosk emails me informing me that my subscription was cancelled, yet I paid for 6-months? So I called them. Zero help and wouldn't even allow me to speak to a supervisor. Exact words from the customer service agent were: "I spoke to them and they do not want to speak to you. Your account has been blocked as it is our company policy to close an account when a dispute is raised via a 3rd party." I then inquired that when I get my full refund via PayPal (for obvious reasons), what would stop me from re-joining Zoosk (just to see what he would say)? To which the agent responded, "Sir, you have every right to attempt to re-join, but there is no guarantee that our system will not pick it up and block you."

I'll end by saying I simply wanted to be treated like a customer who has genuine concerns and honest questions. Why they chose to skate around the "real truth" and force me to gain mediation via PayPal is mind-boggling? Save you money folks and happy searching.

gabrielg85
12/12/18

-Too many fake profiles
-Spam profiles everywhere
-People without paid membership cannot see my messages
-I have to buy coins to see profiles of people with mutual interest.
-Spammers thrive in this site then harassing me with spam phone calls
-Catfishing is prevalent
-I was lured into purchasing a membership with a "message" from a member.
-She had never messaged me.

nikolab19
12/7/18

The customer service on this site is terrible. If you have an issue to email them and then you have to wait 3 days for a very unhelpful responses. As a consequence of this I am now out of pocket by £74.

totht1
12/5/18

Lots of member is not active but the page is still bring up.
Is so bed.Who is online is not the area.

roberts1172
11/25/18

I'm sure there are good datable people to find through this or any dating site. But when there is no customer service or any way to get hold of a live body at Zoosk, then it's not a business. It's a scam from that perspective.

As for the app and finding people, it's only as good as the people on here. Needle in haystack.

Tip for consumers: Says you can cancel in 3 days. GOOD LUCK, it won't happen unless you go the extra mile to your credit card company.

samh227
11/10/18

I tried the app for 6 months but found no connections, as the app did a horrible job of finding anyone with the criteria I gave them. So just before my subscription ended they attempted to charge my credit card with no permission for an additional 6 months. I immediately cancelled the subscription the day before my 6 month's end, contacted customer service telling them to refund my money and uninstalled the app. Their customer service then refused to refund my money and I had to dispute the charge with my credit cards company.

randalm17
11/5/18

Most profiles are not members. Most members are not active. Leaving very limited possibilities for matches. Not given credit for days when not able to access website. Not able to sign into my account on the last day of my subscription.

markd227
10/24/18

Had 4 scammer solicit money or iTunes gift cards. Very few credible local matches. Same people over and over. I think they have someone to send you a message so you have to pay to look even if they are not even in the same state. After you join the people will not talk to you again or some were scammers. Phone verification is required; otherwise they will not let you read messages after paying the subscription. Then after verification; I started to receive scammers calls. This was a new number and not registered with anyone prior. Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!

bricks2
10/24/18

Zoosk pricing is ridiculous and no refunds? The trademark of cads with something to hide.

But the more critical issue is that the site's features don't work and is FICTION.

If I 'remove' a person, I should never see them again - not the case. But if a 'status' keeps showing me that someone viewed me 4 hours ago or 1 day ago, etc, hour after hour, day after day, well, then it's clear there's fiction afoot.

And too many of the people on the site don't respond to messages. And I've used enough sites to know how to elicit a response from a person. That tells me there are a lot of dead or fake accounts.

Zoosk is a sham.

scottp263
10/11/18

Has to be the largest scam in existence. Took me 3 hours to cancel my subscription. I speak English not broken Spanish or whatever language it maybe. They needed a photo of my driver's license. Why? All I wanted to do was close out my account. Before they were done they had every iota of my personal information and it still wasn't closed. Poorest customer service I have ever dealt with. They will definitely never get me back

reviewr6
10/7/18

buggy website: the interface is full of bugs. sometimes it says error, sometimes it doesn't detect mouse clicks properly. You have to repeatedly do an action and eventually it navigates to the right place

always wants more money: even if you pay for it, it keeps offering you more buying options, like read receipts, tokens and profile visibility. You get the feeling they'll never be happy with how much money you are giving them.

bad customer service: zoosk login system is flakey at best, especially if you login with facebook. it doesn't set your password properly and won't send an email with a password reset. The first time I contacted zoosk customer service they replied. However their fix didnt work, and as soon as I emailed back saying I needed them to do something, I never heard from them again.

toniv13
10/2/18

This dating site is a waste of time and money and that's all this company wants ...everything is extra .i found all the people that viewed me was the same kinda guy in a different town ....most of them not close. They also have phony people posing as Potential dates and they're fake would never do it again waste of time money energy...depressing !!!!

daniell410
9/11/18

Yup. Fake profiles. If it's a beautiful woman with only one pic and no bio, it's FAKE. They have minions they use to send out messages and pretend to be real. Never more than a few sentences and never get anywhere. Get your money back through customer service at

The software is crap. Always doing the wrong thing and not reliable at all. P.O.S.

marolt
9/9/18

I Googled free dating websites, not sure why Zoosk appeared as #1. It's only free to set up an account, you can not see messages or chat with. connections unless you pay.

wandal39
8/22/18

Fine I'm not happy being forced to write a review. But Zoosk did give me opportunity to meet someone intelligent.

daniell398
8/21/18

I'm not going to add 'credibility' to this tirade.

Two upgrades are necessary to have a full account.

They just keep asking for money through add-ons.

paulb773
8/13/18

I tried this site for about 2 months. After about 200 emails and many many chats, I finally connected with someone. She is about 90 minutes from me. So far things are looking pretty good. Unfortunately, this site doesn't give the man the tools to shut down all those damn heifers! It should be required that all body shots are required!!! And the descriptive terms used is BS! Curvy??? Why not just use 1/4 ton and 1/2 ton??? Then there is the distance with everyone I try to connect with, they were no less than 50 miles away. Even when I set my parameters! If you have time to waste, then this is the place to hang out!!!

julioc61
7/31/18

I have found this Zoosk a total sham or in better english...Fake. I can truly say they don't care about customer service or profiling there image of a good respectful business. I had six ladies, that accepted to chat with me, each claimed to be from a city in the country I joined in. Instead when further chatting with them, they changed their story and claimed they were on business trip or just visited the country but are now back in their country. They all eventually asked for Itunes Gift card, my email address or ask me to join Google Hangout. I believe the photo they provide on their profile is fake. I would recommend anyone wanting to explore this service to stay completely away and use your energy and time with something else.

sherryl100
7/22/18

I joined Zoosk but not as a paid member until I decided I liked the site. A few days in I started messaging with this member. I saw that he kept on viewing me what seemed like every hour for a few days. Of course I was excited thinking he was really interested in me. Long story short through my investigation and other reviews, it turns out that zoosk pushes through fake views to entice people to pay for subscription. Well they didnt entice me instead they discouraged me and I closed my account.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Most of the profiles are fake. PROOF: After 26 days, I deleted all of the information and pictures on my profile and canceled but my subscription still had 4 more days. Each of those four days, I had numerous messages from women wanting to talk with me and each message then had an overlay telling me that it wasn't too late to change my mind about cancelling. Zoosk IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Herman M.

NO MA'AM IT IS NOT. In fact I only used the coins when I could get them for free. Under the system that's no longer possible. Nobody takes that sort of thing seriously, and for a woman it's even less relevant.

By Kevin W.

They aren't really viewing your profile...Zoosk populates your Views with people to make you think you are popular, so you will frequent the site. Zoosk is deceptive and playing games with your emotions!

By Don J.

Most of the profiles in Zoosk aren't even current, so what you are seeing are basically phantom profiles. For instance, once you decide not to renew your profile, they keep your profile up anway [instead of taking it down] and they use it sending out mechanical greetings attached to your profile to unsuspecting members. In other words, don't be expecting anyone to even write back. Chances are you will be communicating with an old profile that has expired a long time ago.

By Ray S.

Chances are you're sending a message to someone that was a member long ago and isn't registered any longer. Zoosk is a total scam.

By tom r.

I believe it is. But how safe is the internet these days. Just don't be quick to give too much information too soon you will know when its right to share. Good luck

By Anthony H.

Yep, you gotta pay for the subscription!

By Mel D.

Just a damm good money making machine imho who the hell os going to go 300 miles plus for a date and the majority of profiles are expired but kept on to look like they are active save your money mate

By barry s.

I'm not sure. When I signed up, I thought it was only going to cost $29.99 for 3 months. When I got to the end they wanted to charge another fee, I think for processing or something. I backed out. Later I got an e-mail telling me that the fee was dropped. I did meet one man, he was nice, but wasn't for me.

By Debbie P.

I am a paid member and I keep getting the same thing. I don't get it either. It is usually after I message them and have have view my profile. I get a message at the lower left portion of my screen and click on it, and it takes to where you do the messaging, but there is NO WAY to accept the messaging. And I never get a message from that person! The Zoosk message that initially pops up saying that " " wants to chat with you just goes away and you are left wondering what the HELL just happened. I know your problem. It is infuriating!

By Justin B.
Questions? Get answers from the Zoosk staff and other customers.

Zoosk?