YRU

YRU

YRU has a consumer rating of 2.61 stars from 19 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. YRU also ranks 622nd among Shoes sites. The most common issues with YRU are around shipping times, which tend to take longer than expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 14.3%

• They are my go to place to buy shoes but you can't depend on their customer service.

• I ordered a pair of YRU shoes and they arrived obviously used, scratched and stained.
How would you rate YRU?

“Amazing product!”

Sophia G.
7/23/20

I ordered their Lala platform sneakers in color Atlantis, and when they arrived two weeks later I immediately fell in love. The shoes are sturdy but not too heavy, are pretty comfortable, and look GORGEOUS. The only issue I have is there's a little wrinkling by some of the seams, most notably in the back, but other than that they're just about perfect and completely worth the price. I'm definitely buying more YRU shoes in the future!

“Horrible service, $50 cheaper on dollskill”

Wendy R.
2/17/20

I made an order by mistake, less than 20 mins after placing my order I wrote to customer service letting them know I needed to cancel it & that it hadn't been shipped yet. Their processing and handling SAYS (3 to 7 business days), but in less than 24 hours I received a shipping confirmation. Very unhappy. Their shoes are $50 cheaper on dollskill + free shipping

customer service (3) shoes (17)
sophiag74
July 23rd, 2020
wendyr219
February 17th, 2020
ar434
February 25th, 2020
I've purchased quite a few styles as a short cosplayer who tends to try to add a few inches height-wise (Bloq Hi, Qozmo Hi, Creep) and for casual wear (Qozmo Chill, Lala, Slayr Camo reflective, and a couple others that aren't available but weren't designed by them).

Sizing & Comfort:
Their shoes run true to size but tend to be slightly narrow, so wider feet folks should get a size up for comfort over a long wear time. The back of your ankles/legs may get torn up from the back of the shoe chaffing against your skin over time (I've had this happen on Chill, the Slayr Camo, Creep, but less so with the Qozmo Hi), so if you're planning on walking around for more than a few hours, make sure there's a buffer where the top of the shoe contacts your leg.

Admittedly, none of these shoes (that I've owned) are very breathable due to the materials used, which is to be expected, so it's nothing to really run home about. You may not find your size during big sales promotions, so definitely shop around in advance.

Platforms:
Their platforms are comfortable to wear since Bloq and Qozmo has a slight curve to the platform. Creep feels the most inflexible to wear since they're pretty flat on the bottom despite being significantly shorter in terms of added height. Always be careful on slopes and stairs because the higher platforms can and will split on a grade as simple as an entry dip, yet somehow be perfectly fine if you roll your ankle about 15 times. They can be glued back on, but I've personally resorted to contact cement since I usually wear them all day and need that extra placebo of safety.

Sneakers:
Their sneakers doesn't really hold up as nicely as it should, especially if you're walking around frequently. This especially occurs with the Chill series--the eyelets are prone to coming off, the leather that the lace loops through can snap where your toes naturally bend, the shoe glue can separate from the sole from bring used too much within the day, and it's possible to accidentally scape and damage the outer leather if the top three eyelets scrape against your opposite shoe. These shoes definitely aren't made to handle long periods of walking around compared to true skater brands. Their Lala series holds up the best in my opinion (especially the non-vinyl ones) as they're both equally comfortable and flexible. If you like wearing loud shoes, you'll definitely attract some eyes since their colors are incredibly vibrant.

Customer Service & Shipping:
Using their customer service is hit or miss, and they tend to take awhile to respond. During one of their flash sale promotions, the site didn't authorize their advertised promo code and it took over a day for them to get back to me, but luckily, they allowed me to use their promo code despite their response being after their flash sale timeframe. Understandably, others haven't been very lucky in their specific instances.

I don't worry too much about their order processing since I purchase when their order volume is likely to be higher, and I expect it to take a few days. However, if you're on a short time frame, you may want to pass and go through another retailer, especially for customers that don't live in California. They tend to create their shipping labels very early but don't dispatch orders to mail carriers the same day. This has occurred for most of my orders.

Overall:
I tend to purchase their shoes when they're on at a discounted sale price except for the Qozmo Hi as they tend to be more permanent than the others, but they do their job. They just require a little more care to last long, which might not be very appealing to customers that are used to shoes that can survive an apocalypse. So far, I personally find most of them comfortable to wear (until the chaffing starts if I'm wearing the wrong socks). As someone who can't wear extreme heels for more than like 20 minutes, their platforms are a godsend, and I would personally recommend them for adding some extra height for cosplay and don't mind a chonker of a wedge. Order them in advance in case processing and shipping time is not on your side.
martinas40
June 24th, 2020
I see a lot of negative reviews and i was super afraid to order because of it but there was completely nothing wrong with my order and the shoes are amazing! Im from slovakia and the order was delivered in three weeks.

Edit: i ordered 3 pairs of shoes from YRU so far and all of them ended up unwearable after like a month of wearing. They just fell apart and not even shoe repairman could fix them. Its a shame because their designs are super pretty
acer16
January 25th, 2019
I bought 1 pair of platform flip flops and 1 pair of platform sneakers. They arrived one day later than I excepted but I think that was because my order had to registered or something. It was only one day so I'm not gonna pitch a hissy over it. They feel nice. The platforms are very solid and the material of the shoes is good. Walking in them is a little awkward if you're new to platforms but walking around in them for a few hours helps you get the hang of it. I just LOVE these shoes. I didn't talk to costumer service so I can't review that. I wish I could show y'all a picture but I'm on mobile
emt16
April 2nd, 2020
I had been looking into this brand for about 5 years now and I really wanted to try them because of how cute and original the design seemed at the time. One day I caught them on a sale day and I thought I was extremely lucky. I normally didn't want to buy their shoes for $120. And I was NOT wrong. I was able to get a pair for half off with a discount code. I should've known that it was skeptical just by the way their website design looked.

They took nearly 2 weeks to send the shoes. When it came, the silica gel had broken inside the box, box was wet and ruined from INSIDE the plastic package that was sealed. I order black shoes and they sent me WHITE ones, Lol? How do you make such a big mistake? I emailed them to get a new pair and they said I needed to return the white ones. I was appalled that I needed to go out of my way to return an item they wrongly shipped me. Definitely worth less than $50. The shoe came DIRTY. They were stained? The platform foam had several dented dots on them and the shoe sole rubber was already ripped. They looked completely unworn yet damaged. I told them I was not going to go out of my way during a PANDEMIC to return shoes they should have shipped to me correctly in the first place. Not only did they ignore my email, they didn't send me a refund.

Disgusting. YRU lives up to it's standards, unethically made in China.:-) I should've not expected more.
carolinag23
July 7th, 2018
They are my go to place to buy shoes but you can't depend on their customer service. I have had to write a couple of complaints regarding my orders but they all fall on deaf ears. Still I think their designs are great, I think the workmanship is there too, they are not always polished but I have faith in time they'll improve and hopefully be able to address people's complaints because now they just pass them by and don't even answer. I will keep shopping as I am a huge fan but will have to keep my fingers crossed every time I get sent the right order and everything is ok with it.
amandak212
November 3rd, 2019
I ordered the Aura Reflective from them off of Dolls Kill, and the quality is NOT WORTH IT. After only a couple weeks of having them and only wearing them a handful of times, they're already scratched and the reflective stars and moons are cracking. They do fit me, I ordered a size 9 when I'm an 8 1/2, but that's the only plus besides how pretty they are when they reflect. I DO NOT RECOMMEND. (All the photos are just damage on ONE SHOE)
kail21
October 14th, 2019
Ordered a pair of shoes during the half-off sale - I got the shipping confirmation a couple of days later, then a day after that I received a message from them saying the shoes are out of stock.

There is still stock listed on their site and I could still purchase the same shoe in the same size I ordered at this very moment even though they say it is out of stock.

They need to either fix their site or not have regret for offering a 50% off sale and cancel orders.
aliciat27
April 12th, 2018
I bought two pairs of shoes at buy one half off with a discount code. One pair was in stock, and they did not have the other so they sent me an email saying they didn't have it, and gave me a refund through a gift card code. Well that was the only money I had I can't pay the full price for the shoes. Now I can't use a discount code on top of a gift card even though it was a refund. I just hope when these shoes go on sale they still have my size.
jessr51
March 13th, 2019
Had high hopes for these shoes and the company as is seen a youtube video on similar shoes to what i had bought, i ordered the Glitter Galactic platform shoes. Honestly wasted so much money. I payed an extortionate price for shipping. The shoes are clearly made in a sweat shop in china, terrible quality. Bit of foam stuck to an ugly trainer and dipped in scratchy glitter. Genuinely avoid this site, i should have done research before hand.
suep163
February 27th, 2019
I ordered a pair of shoes on Feb. 8th during a 50% off sale. I was so excited for them to arrive! Feb 11 I got a shipping confirmation-cool right?- I kept checking back but the package never arrived at USPS-- only the Shipping Label Created... then I say they had another 50% off sale and started to worry -- 2/25 I received an email stating that the shoe i ordered is "No Longer Available"... please don't buy from this store-. Let's see if I can get a refund. I'll check back in a month.
kahriw
January 16th, 2019
Bought a size 8 since I'm usually 7.5-8 but they're so small they fit my sister who is a 7-7.5. Trying to get them to send a return slip (returning for a size up) so I don't get stuck with paying for shipping and another set of duty fees and they stop responding :)) ) awful business! And not great quality shoes
nadias47
April 27th, 2019
I ordered a pair of shoes... Get email that they are on there way to me. 2 1/2 weeks later and nothing has arrived. I email them inquiring about my order... No answer, I reach on on instagram to complain via direct messaging... The response is we'll get someone to help... Someone finally emails me 3 days later to tell me the shoes are no longer available... So if I never reached out they just wouldn; t give a damn? After I deliberated I decide d on exchange for same shoe another color again no answer from them.
They are beyond horrendous! Buy at your own risk and BUYER BEWARE!
dominikab3
February 1st, 2019
I'm never buying anything from YRU. I ordered shoes that were in stock, it took them 3 weeks to even send them. They came up damaged and much bigger. I sent many emails and IG messenges nbut no respond. After months I reported them do paypal, send the shoes back and get at least 86 dollars back (total price was 200 dollars).
Never again
lukaszw7
November 15th, 2018
Purchased shoes that were wrong size since their size is wonky and they literally just stopped responding to my emails when I tried to return them (very shortly after purchase, few days after they arrived). 10/10 would never buy from them again, so many better companies that treat their customers better that do same style. Don't waste your time.
nataliew205
December 28th, 2018
I have been pestering them via email and social media to please rectify my order because they sent me TWO RIGHT SHOES, and it has been 5 days without any acknowledgement whatsoever. I am going to have to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if they don't send me a left shoe soon.
sarahh300
January 27th, 2018
Bought a pair of the Earthbound Slayr boots from Dollskill x YRU. They were $165USD plus $23 CDN duty on arrival. I was so $#*! Ing impressed with them when I saw them online, but unfortunately they're not nearly as cool in person. The material they're made of is hard as a rock, feels cheap, and will inevitably crease badly with a few wears, it's already wrinkled in some areas near the seams and I expect the reflective outer layer will start to rub off badly in a very short time. The laces feel cheap.

They arrived scuffed in various places and covered in bits of glue (?), and one has a long, fairly deep scratch on the side.

I would be satisfied if I had paid $50 USD for these. But not $200. The price is insane for what is very clearly a poorly manufactured item made of cheap materials.

I will say it arrived when they said it would (3-5 days from when I ordered), which was great, but they cannot be justified for the price. In future I won't make the mistake of paying a high price for novelty items.
kellyb397
August 18th, 2018
I ordered a pair of YRU shoes and they arrived obviously used, scratched and stained. They were disgusting. I sent them pictures and asked for an exchange for a new pair being as they were NOT in new condition. Not only did they NOT answer me for a WEEK until I messaged them again (which, by then, the shoes were out of stock), they offered me ONLY a 20% reimbursement! I said no, they're disgustingly used, I'd rather return them for full money back, and they told me I would have to pay for return shipping! Seriously? For YOUR fault? Please avoid from buying on their website. If you find a pair that you really like, purchase it from DollsKill instead, you'll find better luck there. All I know is I will never take my business here again.

They are horrid. I follow them on instagram and had to hop on to that as an irrate customer to get any attention as via email wasn't happening... Turn around time for them to finish the issue was a month's time... Ridiculous!

By Nadia S.