This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

Y-dian.cn

Y-dian.cn has a consumer rating of 1 star from 2 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Y-dian.cn ranks 415th among Web Hosting sites.

How would you rate Y-dian.cn?

“Scam”

richard m.
4/28/21

Complete scam, as per previous negative review they have sent me the same email to try and panic me into buying domain names from them

richardm2509
April 28th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
dont use it

gregoryd19
June 14th, 2020

On May 16,2020, I received the following spam email to my business domain from Garen Yuan (*******@y-dian.cn) from Yundianreg (y-dian.cn), otherwise known as YunDian Domain, YunDian., LTD:

"Dear Manager,

We are an agency engaging in registering brand name and domain names. Our center received an application from BaiXuan International Company and they apply to register [my company] as their brand name and some top-level domain names. We found the main body of domain names is same as your company name. I am not sure about the relationship between you and them. Please tell me whether or not your company authorizes them to register names.

We are dealing with the application and we need to confirm whether you have authorized them? If you don't authorize them, please reply me an e-mail. Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Garen Yuan | Service & Operations Manager"

When I inquired about who was attempting to register these domains, I received the following:

"Thanks for your confirmation. As soon as receiving the application of that company, we checked and found [mycompany] is your company's using name. We are concerned that your name might be affected negatively by their applications, this is why we informed you. Following brand name and domain names are applied by that company:

You know that the domain names registration is open in the world, that company also has the right to apply for the available domain names. You only have the preferential rights to register them.

At present, we haven't passed their application, we need your opinion. If your company consider these names of importance to your company's business or interest, i suggest that your company register these names first so as to avoid confusion or speculation. Of course, each company has their own idea. If you don't think their application will affect your company in the future, then my suggestion is your company give up these names so that we can finish registering for them as per our duty.

Please give me your company's decision as soon as possible in order to handle this issue better."

So I did a little research on Garen Yuan and Yundianreg, only to find reports of the same email being sent out to countless other people in a scam and fraud attempt to get them to pay to register Asian domain URLs that they otherwise would have no use for (https://joewein.net/blog/2008/12/08/domain-registration-scam-in-china/). As soon as I pointed this out to Garen and asked for an explanation, he stopped responding to me emails. Don't let them bully you into pay for URLs you don't need.

Questions? Get answers from the Y-dian.cn staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Y-dian.cn?

Have a question about Y-dian.cn?