US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

mindyr11
9/14/16

I ordered 5 fun tshirts for my daughter. I heard of the extra long shipping time, so I was prepared for that but not prepared for what I got once I finally got them. Two of the shirts were different. The saying in front was the same but the font and the size were different and the color of the shirt was different. I won't be ordering from them anymore. It isn't worth the wait. It's almost as if they printed the random saying on the Tshirt themselves.

amandaa75
9/13/16

Their clothes are really cute, but I've purchased three dresses that looked very fitted and stylish on the models on their site, and then when they came to me they had absolutely no shape and just hung on my body like a $40 potato sack :( the first two times I thought maybe I just didn't notice the fit on the models well enough, but the third time I had enough and called their customer service to get a refund. They wouldn't refund the money on my debit card, they would only give me a store credit for the amount, which kind of irritated me. I was browsing again yesterday, and FINALLY found proof that I'm not crazy...the photographer/stylist forgot to take a clip off of the back of the dress on one of the models, so it proves that they do in fact alter the way some of their clothing fits to entice you to buy it! See the picture below. I am very weary of purchasing clothing from them now, especially since they won't refund you if something doesn't fit. Beware!

leal15
9/13/16

Yes, the site looks great; yes, the products appear great: they're NOT!!! Delivery is a nightmare. Customer support is the worst! BILLED FOR PRODUCTS YOU DON'T RECEIVE!!! OMG! No, no, and "no!!!"

jacquied1
9/12/16

At first I was in love with this site. They have such unique things. Shipping does take awhile, but they explain that on their site.

For one sale they were having I decided to check out that particular companies website. They were selling Carters brand snowsuits for $40.00 on Zulily. Zulily claimed that Carters selled the suits for $60.00. Carters had the suits on their website for $35.00.

I tried another one. Zulily had some dresses from a designer most of them listed above what the actual designer was selling them for!!! Almost every sale is the same way.

Huge scam.

andib4
9/12/16

1. They take too long to get the product to you.
2. You're order will dribble in one piece at a time, sometimes 6-8 weeks or longer
3. The pictures online look a lot better than what you actually receive. Generally speaking the colors are brighter online. What you get is a dull print somewhat like what was online.
4. Sizes fluctuate wildly. You might order 4 tunics, and they all fit either too tight or too large.
5. In order to return anything you have to send them an email and they ask you why. The fact is that online clothing is a hit or miss with fit. There should be a return slip in the package when the items arrive, just like all other online clothing retailers.
6. It seems like they take orders from the public, THEN they order the clothing to be constructed from China. It should be that they order a lot from China, receive it in their warehouse, THEN put it up for sale.

Folks, save your time and money. Don't buy from these people. And don't be fooled by the pretty pictures on their website.

kathryns35
9/8/16

I'm so glad to find this site. After a couple of years of ordering high quality shoes for my granddaughter, all of a sudden I started getting garbage and you cannot return items. For an example, one pair of sandals had the back strap stitched on about an inch from the back of the bottom of the shoe! And in this order I ordered about 3 pairs in size 9 and none of them were the same size. I stopped ordering from this company. So sad that they didn't stay on top of their quality.

pegj1
9/8/16

Ordered a Pink dress,described as pink looked pink.when it came it was orange colour Paid almost 60.00$ with tax and postage,told to return it ,dont return it, return it, Cost 14 .40$ to return the cheap nasty thing. Out ofpocket $20.00 or more.. Bang your head against the wall for an hour is easier

maryellenw3
9/8/16

I ordered some darling dresses for my granddaughter for school. Shipping time was very slow compared to Zappos and Amazon but the big problem is returning the items that don't fit. You have to call them and supposedly they will email you the instructions for returning the items. I've called several times now and each time am told that the email containing the instructions will be in my inbox in an hour. The email never shows up. You don't get your money back - only a credit - which I wouldn't mind if they didn't make it nearly impossible to return items that don't fit. Cute, cute things but I can't afford to buy things that I have to keep even if they don't fit or I don't like them.

kevinr106
9/7/16

Said Pay Pal didn't pay, yet my orders were all debited from my account, now they say it will take two weeks to get my money returned. They blamed it all on Pay Pal. The rep I dealt with said here name was "WILL" what a POS

jerib4
9/7/16

Takes too long to get items from this company. They handle no stock and items have to be shipped to them before they ship them out to the person that orders. I am still waiting after nearly two weeks and Zulily has not even received the items yet so that they can ship them out. They must have suppliers in China. Will never order again. Savings is not worth the poor service. Amazon my favorite.

cyndilynl
9/7/16

I purchase a cute tunic from Zulily. The listing showed "imported" and said the item was made for Zulily and would take extra time, that's only part of the story. The item is made for Zulily in China and shipped from there. Three weeks after I paid the status finally showed it being made, six weeks after payment I got the top which I guess isn't so bad from China. The material looked cheap before I even took it out of the plastic bag. The quality of the top is ok but, the craftsmanship is awful. The placket is terrible the buttons are sewn to close to the outer edge so the top gaps even thought it isn't tight. Of course it can't be returned so, I will have to fix it to make it wearable! Now I know why Zulily doesn't allows reviews on their site! Save yourself the headache and avoid Zulily!

jl67
9/6/16

You will find many things here that you can't locate in any stores. Items are sold for about 3 days. Then new groups of items are offered. I have found things on this site that were lower priced than anywhere else, but, they also sell items that I have seen elsewhere for less. They have many different categories, which is nice, but their shipping is higher than I would like. I have purchased many things from this site and love all of them. Their descriptions are a bit lacking, but overall this is a fun site to visit From beachy things to furniture to clothing, etc.

kristinr16
9/6/16

Over the time frame of two weeks, I ordered approximately 3k in items. All seemed fine until my last order. All of a sudden they cancelled my very large and expensive order and banned me from the site!!! When I called customer service, all they would say is to call my bank. I did and even had a transaction record printed and sent, verifying my payment and plenty of cash in my account. Zulily refused to send my order and would never give me a reason!! To this day I have never received my items! Do not spend too much with them or they will do the same to you!!

yvettea11
9/3/16

After not having purchased from Zulily before I was very tempted to buy some shoes in their retro range. I was sceptical so read some reviews before purchasing. Reviews mostly seemed to mention poor quality items and slow delivery times. I decided to place my order because I was familiar with the brands I was ordering and their level of quality, and because I was prepared to wait a little longer for my shoes to arrive.
With the standard delivery (fast?) shoes arrived in less than two weeks. I ordered 3 pairs - 2 pairs of one brand, which arrived together. I was concerned that I wasn't going to receive the third pair so emailed Zulily who responded within 24 hours to say my shoes were coming separately. They arrived the day after the first parcel. The quality is as I expected, as I was familiar with the brands and was really happy with the fantastic prices and cheap delivery costs. I realised my parcels came from the US and delivery was a total of $10 - fantastic. To buy one pair of shoes directly from the US cost me a ridiculous $53 in postage.
Very happy with my Zulily purchases. After reading other review I will continue to only purchase brands I'm familiar with.

Tip for consumers: Only order brands you're familiar with, unless you're happy to take a risk.

maries84
9/1/16

I purchased a ton of tunics from Zulily's (Reborn Collection) and most of them are very beautiful. I constantly receive compliments, from family and friends and from strangers on the street, more than I have ever received for anything I have ever worn. Careful though, the colors are much brighter and intense than what we see in the picture. I purchased a black tunic with red dots and a red vine design that was quite beautiful on the picture but when I received it, I found the colors almost blinding.

BUT, I purchased three items from the Simply Couture brand - I thought they were absolutely lovely on the pictures - but they are unbelievably cheap. I purchased a vest - on the picture the knit seemed rather tight - that has to be the cheapest piece of clothing I have ever purchased. The knit is slack, thin and very fuzzy, as though tiny threads of yarn were sticking out ALL OVER. I wouldn't wash my bathtub with it. So, I am now VERY careful when I purchase from Zulily. I examine the fabrics as closely as I can and I try to imagine everything that could go wrong in the purchase of this garment... because a lot of things do go wrong with certain brands (in fact their clothes are unwearable)..

Delivery time is exceptionally slow it's true, many tunics I have bought from the Reborn Collection are well worth the wait. When I wear them on the street, I actually turn heads, which I can't believe, since I am 62!

lindab274
8/31/16

Wh is it taking so long to get my one item order? It's been a month and I e called 3 times, still do not have it.

carolyns62
8/30/16

Learn what they do and how they do it which is on every page before you put the item in your cart. I not only have had many excellent experiences but when their was a problem customer service took care of it quickly, efficiently, pleasant service and to my satisfaction. I have bought many, many items. Will gladly shop there again.

joninas1
8/29/16

I have now purchased 2x form Zulily and both were AWFUL experiences. Last year I purchased an extra large( size 12) jacket for my daughter. The coat was so small I gave it to my niece that is a size 4. A couple of weeks ago I purchased Under Amour for my grandson. I ordered the same sizes I buy at Nordstrom ....Youth XS. The pants were fine but both shirts I purchased will fit my 4 year old cousin and not my 7 year old grandson. I am certain Zulily is buying "mistakes by the retailer. AND of course, nothing is returnable. I just wasted $75 on 2 shirts!
ZULILY IS A SCAM!!!!!!!

kellys171
8/28/16

I have ordered from zulily mutliple times and am aware the shipping time is slow - at best.
My last order was placed on August 12th (it is now August 27th) and the product has not even been received at zulily from their "partners". I do not understand why it takes more than 14 days for ANY supplier to ship a product) The delay in receiving a product, overshadows the "cuteness" or deal I might finde.
While zulily offers unique items at decent prices, there are enough websites out there to have products that are just as unique with much better delivery times.

zoeyc
8/27/16

First off, let me say, each e-mail will be replied to by a different associate, only making confusion worse. I received 2 items as a gift and explained the items didn't fit, and also if I was able to return/exchange without my aunt (the original purchaser) knowing. They said no, she would have to be notified (I don't know why). So I bit the bullet, and said agreed to go ahead with the exchange anyway. They asked for all the basic information like order and item #s. After providing this information, they said they were unable to find an order with that information and my e-mail...which of course they couldn't as I was not the purchaser. I provided the e-mail she used, and they sent a message back saying, "Great! We credited back your account!"...meaning they credited back HER account...so now I'm left with 2 useless items and zero credit to purchase any replacement. No one knows what they are doing over there.

caral13
8/25/16

I tried 5 times with customer service to cancel and order that I did not place and they won't accept it! I am furious and am reporting them to the Better Business Bureau of Washington State!

allisons51
8/25/16

My first two orders came in in a timely manner and they looked excitely as it was described on zulily. After that, I was confident to by from them again. My mistake. My next two shirts came in size small(one size smaller than the first top I bought). When the items came in, it didn't look anything like the picture. The fabric is cheap and it has tons of loose stitches. It was sewn oddly like the shoulders. Were too bulky. The size small I bought looked like 2 sizes bigger than the medium size top I first bought. The picture showed a petite sweater and blazer that fit a women's curves. It was just hanging on me...too large, too long, oddly proportioned, and way too cheap of fabric for what I bought it for. I am pissed and won't be buying from them again. I guess when it looks too good to be true, it is.

ginas47
8/23/16

This review might have gone through once , so excuse me if there is one similar here, I couldn't do it on my phone. I have ordered numerous items from Zuily for approximately 2 years and have never had a problem. I dealt with customer service twice so far. I cannot not remember the first time and what it was but I remember telling the person on the phone I appreciated her demeanor. Before I talk about the second one let me mention a few other things. I have never had the need to return anything. I usually buy a size up and it seems to be fine but I would look at the size charting anyway. In addition some things do take longer than others to deliver. If you place something in your cart , it will show you most of the time the company it is coming from. Therefore, you can search the company and find out where it is. Lastly, let me explain an incident that happen two weeks ago that is an example of the good experiences I have had. I usually place multiple things in my cart so I can go back later and decide if I want to purchase them. Big mistake on my part because I also have one touch purchase. Well you guess it I must of hit something and wiped out my cart and I received a note confirming my purchased. I didnt actually realize this till 4 hours later . I immediately sent a email to the company. Online I kept my purchase history up. I was planning on also calling when they opened the next day . However, within a 1/2 hour period the items on my account showed cancelled. Then the next day I received a personal email saying my order had been cancelled. A few days later it was taken off my credit card. In no way did they have to cancel this order but they did and the reply was quick , mine you this was a Sunday afternoon and evening.

cyndic8
8/21/16

Some merchandise are steals but a lot are not worth the price. Materials are cheap and some even defective. But Zulily will reimburse you, just send a picture of the damaged item. Unfortunately, it might be an item you really like and can't wait to wear or use. Such is the downfall of buying on line.

elainep21
8/21/16

I purchased a size 1X shirt. My usual size (normally shirts run approx. 44-46" around at the bust). When I received the shirt ordered, I couldn't get it over my head. I measured the shirt and it was a full TEN INCHES smaller across the bustline. When I contacted the company, they politely offered a store credit for the error and said that because I am so busy, I don't need to return the shirt, but could donate it to whomever I wanted. Not the best experience for my first order. Won't be getting anymore of my business.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

206 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question