Review of Zulily

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

kays27
3/15/17

I'd been stalking Zulily for awhile. Always looking but never taking the plunge and buying something. Well I finally placed an order, and it was a large one. It took over a month to get all my items. And a few I didn't receive at all because they were, according to Zulily, "lost in transit". One was canceled by Zulily without explanation. I was issued refunds in both instances and $20 in credit, but the experience was enough for me to never order anything from Zulily again. By the way, always research prices. Sometimes what seems like a deal on Zulily really isn't. I've seen the same items at better prices elsewhere.

lesliet25
3/15/17

I've didn't think a company could stay in business if they scored the highest for lying employees(" we don't charge your card until it ships"- they actually charge your card on Day 1 and then at the latest Day 5 9 to pay the Vendors-mostly from China... They do not return phone calls, i've had reps hang up on me for various reasons:I was inquiring about a shipment, I wanted to cancel something or an order..( this is the kiss of death with them, they either won't cancel it at all but will say they did, if they cancel they will not refund your money even if you threaten to sue them, they do not take returns even though they say they will if something is damaged/defective.. I went for months trying to send defective stuff back and could never get them to call me.. they said "send us photos", which I did...then nothing..finally I sent a whole box of things to them ($900) and even then they kept talking in circles and said hey didn't "approve the return"..I placed many many orders with them but don't have the clothes or the refunds from things I cancelled ....Even if you get a refund, they make it impossible to reconcile your bank account because they take the full order amount out at the beginning,but then they refund like $9.99, $29.99, $14.99, and you can't determine which order it relates to..Try getting help? Forget it.. they get paid to lie, commit fraud, and outsmart the customer. I thought Haute Look was a disaster but Zulily makes them look like a reputable online company,and they aren't either. My banker couldn't even figure out what we should do so we shut down all my accounts so they had no way of accessing my cards anymore.There were several orders where they charged me more than once for the SAME ORDER, just varying the numbers like, $1204.50, then $1201.34.... They should be reported to some kind of online authority that monitors fraudulent behavior and acts but I never could find out who that was and I just gave out and gave up...and out a BUNCH of money but I just had to let it go.If you decide to order from them , watch your bank cards for multiple charges...don't worry about finding your refunds because there won't be any,I'm sorry to say..Despicable company and employees...LS

millieeg
3/14/17

I was luckier than most, after waiting 7 weeks of waiting I rang to find out where my orders where. They couldn't be found. The company never rang back to let me know, but I was credited the money.

brendag84
3/13/17

Absolutely no consistency in sizing or quality. If I could submit pictures of some of the absolute crap I've recently received I would. Going on a beach vacation and this time around I've ordered no less than 12 items all but two need to be returned...for a credit mind you so I can purchase more poorly made clothing. Sad part is if keep coming back because I have received a couple of awesome pieces. Out more money for shipping, time waisted looking, ordering, making phones calls for returns, and then getting it in the mail. No more coming back for clothes. Thanks for the headache Zulily.

dianet57
3/13/17

I bought 2 maternity dresses that I am afraid to wash because they are so cheaply made. Very thin fabric and not worth anywhere near what I paid (the "Original" price has to be a load of BS). I feel swindled knowing that I overpaid some company for cheap products that were probably sewn in some sweat shop by someone who doesn't make enough money to feed themselves or their family properly. Will not buy from them again.

Save your money; buy fewer but higher quality items made by people who are treated well. Lesson learned.

lynneb28
3/13/17

I purchased 3 tunics. Two of the 3 fit fine. When I inquired about returning the one that didn't fit, they said I could but I would get a store credit NOT a credit on my credit card. The quality isn't the greatest but now I'll have to buy something else to use up the credit. I usually don't shop at stores that won't guarantee their merchandise enough to refund your money. I won't shop there after I use up the credit. I don't recommend anyone else shopping here either.

margoa5
3/13/17

Used to be a good place to shop. Not anymore. First of all, if you want something within a reasonable timeframe you have to order from their "Ready to Ship" category which more than likely means stuff that's been returned because they do NOT warehouse any of the mdse they front on their site. They wait until they have their whole order together from customers, then THEY order the stuff, it comes to them and then THEY RE-SHIP IT OUT TO CUSTOMERS. It is now taking a month to get anything you order. Used to be quicker. You can't return anything. I bought a pair of rainboots for my granddaughter couple years ago and they came alright, but one boot a size 9 and one a size 13. Crock. Nice website, some stuff is okay but honestly, I just google the stuff and get the brand name and see if I can get it from Amazon free ship in 2 days. Perfume deals are good. Clothes suck quality-wise, and if you don't mind waiting FOREVER for your stuff some of the hard goods are nice. Oh, and it USED to be BARGAINS! Now they are featuring handbags for $1,000 to $2,000. As I said on their FB page, if I had THAT kind of money I wouldn't be shopping online at your store, I'd be taking my limo to Saks......not worth it anymore. Sad. It used to be good.

susiec14
3/12/17

Cheap & poor quality material & workmanship . I order a lot from them . When I received the items, it's all trash . It's a waste of money. Never never buy from this site. You will regret it.

lorrainey
3/11/17

Have ordered only a few items and thankfully not anything very expensive. Most expensive item was a pair of Ecco sneakers which run about 100 plus $$ the pair I received was 40 bucks for what thought I was a good deal I know the sizing well I have some in my closet. These were too small and sooo cheaply made. What a waste of money! This brand is excellent quality so i am pretty sure these are knock offs. Also bought some pans that were completely different from pic shown on site. Cutting my losses due to crappy return policy and I think the company counts on that BUT how can a co stay in business doing business this way. I will not be shopping this site again! There are way too many other ligit company out there to buy from. It is hit and miss on quality of merchandise .... No thank you

shaza12
3/10/17

When I first started shopping from Zulily a year or more ago, they were pretty good. Now, about 50% of my orders are broken, missing items, have very low quality goods ( i.e. shirts you can see through because fabric is so thin, that aren't marked as sheer or supposed to be a sheer type shirt)

I don't know if they got too big or what. Right now I am trying to get a refund on something that had 8 parts, and only 6 arrived. Taken a month so far. :( really hit or miss these days with Zulily and their quality can't be depended upon.

ruthz10
3/9/17

I have placed a dozen or more orders with Zulily. Several were never shipped. I did get a refund, but how ridiculous is it for a company to have such a poor ability to fill orders?
Another complaint is incorrect sizing information on many items. I once ordered two dresses which were no where near the measurements listed on the sale. I ended up giving them away because of the difficulty in trying to get a refund from the company.
Yes, good deals can be found on the site. Are they worth it? Not in my experience.
There are other, more reliable ways to score a good deal. Until Zulily cleans up its act, I won't be a customer nor will I encourage anyone else to try them.

yvonneb45
3/8/17

Ordered a few children items that came broken in mail and product was cheap. Had a hard time returning items, gave up and will not shop ever again

susant125
3/8/17

I'm still not sure if they do sell second's instead of first quality. I have ordered many items from them and when I get them I can tell they are not top quality. I think they should at least state it the items are seconds. As far as clothes I won't order anymore due to the quality. It's very miss leading when you do find an item and when you get it, it's poor quality. And it takes forever to get those items.

debrao8
3/7/17

no, looking at your reviews, not really good. thanks anyway will not be ordering from your site until i see a noticible change in the reviews

lf43
3/7/17

I have been suckered into buying products which are very poor quality, poor fabric and they featured plus size models. I was at first pleased with my purchases. At the 4 product it is just a series of depressing deliveries, shoddy workmanship, some items were just buddled into the zulily shipping like they had been taken from a refuse bin or rag bag.

stephaniem174
3/7/17

Takes forever to receive items. Some items you can review on this site, some you can't. Some items you can return, some you can't. Providing feedback is an email that gets you a "your service is important to us" and no action of any sort. When your feedback and questions get too difficult they stop writing you back. I literally had an item for 5 minutes before it broke. Some items are good. You're just really taking a chance using this site.

nosrate
3/7/17

Don't buy from this site, they sell cheap Chinese product like dollar store !
specially the shoes, they are copy of the good brand shoes without the quiality, made of hard plastic,suppose to be leather!! you can't get hold of anyone directly to complain or return them.
stay away, don't get ripped off ! I think this site is owned by one of the guys from down town LA..

debs65
3/6/17

I could swear the site said I'd receive my order mid month. I checked to see if it had shipped and the site now says my items will ship at the end of the month...Now I take the time to read the reviews and it appears that I just blew a bunch of money on low quality clothes from China. I'' revise if I get surprised by receiving better than I'm now expecting..

tarrad
3/6/17

Zulily can be hit or miss. After my first order took a month to arrive, I did some research and found that they do not have a warehouse where inventory is kept on hand. Once a sale finishes, they submit the order to the supplier for that sale. Those items have to ship to Zulily before Zulily can ship them to the customer. If you know that going in, it's much less nerve-wracking to have to wait.
As for quality, I've found it best to stick to brands I know. The no-name clothing can be really cheaply made. However, there are great deals to be found on a lot of brands I like - Under Armour, Bogs, Aventura, Asic, Silver jeans, Miss Me, etc. If you know what size you need (returns typically aren't accepted), there are some good finds.

melissab151
3/6/17

Ordered Feb 24, said 3 of 4 items were in stock and should arrive March 4. I sent an email on March 6, asking about status and asked if I could decline order.... Just asked, via email. Without any response, I received msg through IM on FB with a refund which would not have been a big deal if it was not a birthday gift for my 7 year old child.... Then I requested via IM that a CSR call me and rec'd a msg that they were too busy. When I called items I had ordered were no longer in stock. Management sent 2 of the 4 items without cost; however, it was not the dollie and me that my daughter picked out online. Will no longer use them. This time they reported that they were shipping all items together where as in the past, they have sent one item at a time.

wendyw83
3/6/17

I used to love this company. If you read the small print, they are a middleman company and they state that they take a while to ship, so I expected that.
However as of late, their products are grossly misrepresented on their website, you have to fight to return something when they give you the least possible information about the item and how it fits. They (customer service reps) have access to some product information via return feedback, but they do not post product reviews for the consumer to read - which is total BS in my opinion. You can get your money refunded to your original form of payment if you are prepared for a huge fight... But I'm just done with this company. Their clothing (unless it's a brand name that you know, and a lot of time you'll get what is likely considered an irregular item) is cheap and tacky and is NOT representative of what you see in the picture online. Most of those items, I'm quite sure, have been tailored or pinned to fit the model and look flattering.
Basically, even though some of their home items aren't bad - and different than what you usually see in stores, their clothing is iffy at best and their customer service - while their reps are generally nice - their policies are the worst. I've been shopping with Zuiliy for years and I can say without a doubt - I'M FINISHED WITH THEIR NONSENSE.
And Zulily, if you happen to read this - get a new on-hold song. The only one that you play is maddingly annoying!

sharj4
3/6/17

Quick to charge your account with no ship date in sight. Lied about arrival date. Items received were disappointing. Not trustworthy.

sharons203
3/5/17

Placed an order on 3 Feb and the final piece arrived on 3 March. They didn't have items in stock (which they did not bother to mention). Final item was shipped directly to me from China which, I guess, is where this company is based. Products are of fair quality. I have learned my lesson and will stay away from Zulily no matter how tempting their ads.

trant12
3/4/17

if you are reading my review before buying anything from Zulily, you are lucky. Please stay away from this $#*! company.
HORRIBLE, SCAM, RIDICULOUS is all I can say about this $#*! service.
- Why Horrible? The delivery is very slow, I ordered on 6 Feb, they split my order into 2 separate package and it took one month to completely deliver.
- Why Scam? I ordered one watch. They sent one watch box. but THEY SENT EMPTY WATCH BOX? Can you believe this?
- Why Ridiculous? I took a pictures of empty, damaged, scratched box and sent them, request a proper explanation from them. But they just ignore it, no single word of explanation given.

theresas52
3/3/17

waiting for your order. I placed my order on 2-10-17 and when I received the estimated shipping dates via email, I blew a gasket. Half the order arrived 15 days later after I complained. The rest I am still waiting for and they will probably be here close to the one month mark. The two baby onesies I received are constructed of very cheap fabric and NOT worth $11.99 each. Stick to Carters and go to your local JCPenney or Kohls and buy on sale. This stuff is crap.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

255 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question