Review of Zulily

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

marym576
11/4/17

I have placed several orders with Zulily; my last order will, however, be my last. I ordered 3 tops--all size 1x. One the the tops was three times the size of the others. It was clearly at least a size 3X. In an increasingly frustrating thread of emails, I got nothing but bizarre, stock responses that did not address any of my concerns. I sent pictures of me wearing overwhelming top. Finally I sent a picture of my 320 pound 6'9" college-rugby-playing son wearing the top--which was big even on him, and he wears a size 3XLT. Despite the fact that they sent the wrong size, they still insisted on charging me for the return. I would rather give it to Good Will and wash my hands of the company.

mt131
11/4/17

I ordered one item and was appalled by the fabric - 98% polyester which I did not see on the order site (polyester is toxic) - but also by the off-putting returns policy (no appreciation for customer satisfaction AT ALL). Of course, it was made in China which explains the low price point but I would be happier to pay twice as much if made somewhere in the Americas. I am literally throwing this item out versus go through their obnoxious return policy.

peggyg28
11/4/17

I have ordered from Zuliliy many times. It takes a little while for the items to arrive but when they did arrive they were nicely packaged, as described, and a good deal for the money. I only contacted customer service one time, due a mixed up shipment, but they were friendly, courteous, and quickly resolved the issue to my complete satisfaction

dawna54
11/4/17

Wanted some nice decently priced clothes for upcoming vaca.I usually buy from H&M because you can always return to the store.Decided to give Zulily a try what a mistake.I ordered 3 items a pair of rain boots that are to big a knit poncho that I had to sew and a dress.I decided to keep the boots and poncho but return the dress.The dress is from designer Suzanne Betro with a list price of $106.00.I paid $16.79.I have sheets made out of better material than the dress.When I contacted Zulily I was told my refund would be $2.00 because of $5.95 return shipping a $2.50 restocking fee and they themselves don't actually have the dress in stock so that was all they could offer me.Needless to say I got angry contacted customer service both by email and the phone.They were incredibly rude when they told me I was lucky they were offering me this refund.I then informed them the website states that item is eligible for returns which would lead customers to believe the refund I'd based on what you paid not what they think you should get.Needless to say I will be sticking with H&M and never again buying from Zulily.

vb7
11/3/17

I have been buying from Zulily for 2 years and am very satisfied. The thing dislike is the sizing that is not uniform. But when I call customer service, I have no problems about returns or credits.

georgiah18
11/3/17

I cannot find a phone number on any one of the Zulily screens -- in addition, their delivery times of product seem to be extensively long, and long, and longer.

tracys143
11/3/17

I ordered my granddaughter 2 pairs of boots. One pair is on the way (i guess) and the other is still "in transit to Zulilly". Where in the world is Zulilly? I ordered these boots 10/4/17!!!!

I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE!!!! I didn't want a refund, I wanted the product!!!

stephaniet89
11/3/17

I was sent the wrong sized item. Ordered 3t received 24mo. Not my fault. I do not have a printer to print out return label. I asked if I could be sent one and was told to go to the library. They won't return money until item is sent back. I am irritated with how much I am expected to go out of my way for their mistake.

shahloi
11/2/17

where do you ship my orders? but I did not get it. more than 5 things were not delivered. I lost money. no things, no money received.

nickan
11/2/17

So if you are going to buy clothes, try sticking with the name brand listings. I ordered leggings and I am tall and skinny-never fit in a size small pants in my life. I bought the S/M leggings... they are short and SUPER baggy! I was baffled. I also bought a dress in a M, as the measurements would be just a tad tight for my body.... well the M looks liked an XXL. I know people who have bought items from zulilly and they were fine... I bought my SIL hat and gloves last winter and loved them-they were name brand though. So yes, good site for little things... terrible for clothing. Clothes are definitely from China.... the sizing charts are VERY deceptive.

jeans95
11/2/17

I bought 2 x love Paris doll necklace for $19.95 each arrived in plastic bags marked 'fashion jewellery, made in China'. No box no nothing. Meant be a birthday present. could have bought same items on ebay for a couple of bucks

jeanninav
11/1/17

I bought a sweatshirt and a beautiful top. Very soft, very pretty....BUT OH SO FRAGILE!!!!!! Not worth the price....

lgs1
11/1/17

I ordered two tops from Zulily and as I was trying on the first one, I noticed the gray dye of the fabric coming off on my hands. The fabric that is used on these two items is very cheap. Both items are "dry clean only" which is interesting. The sizing of these two items is way off from what is listed on their website under the sizing chart. The items were both way too large for me and I can't send them back. This is a rip off, to say the least.

enas5
10/28/17

I bought some summer dresses, worn then once couldn't wear it a second time due to tear and pulls which cause the stiches to open. I give then a second chance by buying some button down sweaters. Well, worn one for the first time today as I went out with my husband. My husband picked up sometime off the floor that fell off of me and it was a button. Poorly made merchandise and take for ever to get your order. Never again. Don't buy from Zullily

bethm115
10/28/17

I've ordered many items from this company. The shoes are always good, except for one pair of sandals which were pathetically made and the strap was useless, and one pair of plastic boots which I didn't bother giving as a present. I don't order clothes off here normally, although I would recommend ordering the ones from Europe, which look much better, although pricier. I've had poor experiences ordering clothes due to quality with Zulily and won't do it anymore. I browse Zulily as a way of relaxing after work on some days. I'm won't order sunglasses again, after ordering Halston made in Italy sunglasses, only to find they were made in China when they arrived. Zulily credited my account when I complained. They have always credited my account if I don't like an item, including curtains which were pathetic, and anything I didn't like, which is why they say on their website they don't do refunds, but they will try to make the situation satisfactory (by refunding your money). I always check shipping time. My reason for writing today is because they are selling Barzel bracelets and other jewelry today, claiming they are originally 160.00 or thereabouts Canadian. I checked Barzel on Google, found a website with no address, and it did claim to have close to that retail price - 140.00 probably in U.S. funds. I then checked around and found the same Barzel item online at Walmart for about 12.00 which explains why Zulily was selling them for a sale of 8.99 or so Canadian. Just do your homework, and don't expect clothes to be stellar if you buy cheap. Go to Marshalls and buy your cheap clothing there where you can try it on and return if necessary within a reasonable time.

judir11
10/28/17

I was surprised to read so many negative reviews about Zulily. Ive made several purchases from them over the last few years and have been satisfied many more times than not. Ive ordered clothing (adult and children), shoes and home/kitchen accessories. Ive only had to contact customer service twice and each time the matter was resolved satisfactorily, even with their no return policy, and the reps were very courteous. I have noticed lately however that sometimes items are returnable.

Many of the items Ive gotten from Zulily have outlasted garments Ive purchased from the major department stores. Additionally, you can find items that are different and you dont find in department stores. I always get compliments on my Zulily garments.

While it can sometimes take up to two/three weeks to receive a purchase, after a couple of orders I realized this and just wouldnt order anything I needed right away. I have at times received my purchase in less than 10 days. Also, I adjusted to the fact that my entire order might not be shipped at the same time. But the things Ive ordered have been worth the wait.

cynthiae17
10/28/17

I bought 2 tunics which were cheaply made. The fabric is terrible and the tunics looked nothing like the pictures! Please don't order from this company! You'll be extremely disappointed!!

jn27
10/27/17

Customer service was horrible smart mouth lady on the other end talked to me like i was stupid..made me feel like she was doing me a favor..i think not..clothes are cheep and it takes forever to ship...snail mail...dont do it ..you'll be disapointed...

elizabethl111
10/27/17

Cheap looking, ill fit, charged me the shipping if returned. Cheap looking, ill fit, charged me the shipping if returned.

terref
10/26/17

I have been shopping online at Zulily.com for 2-3 years now and it has always been a pleasant experience. Only bad side is there is a no return policy.

yvonnec44
10/26/17

I just started to order from them recently. So far so good. As far as shipping goes I find them to be upfront as to delivery times. I've even received my shipments early than stated. Although they don't accept returns (I'm in Canada) I have received refunds on a couple of items that weren't up to par and was told to keep the items or donate. If you need something for an event I'd order 2 to 3 weeks ahead. The site is quite user friendly.

angeem1
10/26/17

I ordered on October 16th. It still hasn't shipped. Ordered from three different places and have received all other three orders. Zulily's isn't even in route. I did read the reviews, but hoped it was a bit exaggerated. I guess, shame on me for not believing the negative instead of the positive. My son went on a red ribbon day without his special stuff. He lived though. Unless I want to wait a real long time I might stay away from this sight. Competition is out there. A few may like this idea, but majority holds the ultimate impact. Just saying. I'm not upset, just disappointed in myself for not making the right choice...I will make another review after my order arrives. Hope this helps some other parent...

shawnneeh
10/25/17

Most things I order are cheap so if they don't fit I just give away. A couple times I ordered expensive items that didn't fit or really bad quality for the price. I called customer service & was helped immediately. Once I was told to keep the item & was given full credit. Another time I was allowed to send item back & received credit - shipping. Was ok with this as it states no returns. As for home items, make-up, etc., have been pleased with items.

jmt2
10/24/17

Placed my order on 9/20. Showed shipped on 10/7 but Fed Ex had no tracking information. On 10/23 I reached out to zulily and was told that my package was undeliverable and retuned to them. Said they were sorry that it didnt go as planned and gave me a $10 credit. Liars! I would have been able to track it if that was the case. They say they will issue a refund. Waiting to see if that happens. What if I didnt call them? Would they keep my money? Why not just be honest and tell me they couldnt fulfill my order? Never again, keep your credit!!!

cindyp87
10/23/17

I have been ordering from Zulily for 2 years now and with only a couple of minor glitches am very satisfied with the company. The customer service is better than it used to be and the online app is user friendly as well. When ordering you have to allow 2-4 weeks depending on where they are getting it from so I just factor that in and dont do last minute shopping with them. With one exception everything Ive ordered has looked nice and been good. The trick is to pick from companies you know when ordering products if you can. Overall I am very satisfied and would recommend Zulily to my friends, and have.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A.

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t.

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T.

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H.

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H.

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M.

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R.

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V.

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S.
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

58 Photos for Zulily