Review of Zulily

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

gs97
7/8/17

Got my package from Zulily on July 6th. Very pretty decorative glass jar with the flip top. Package looked just fine. When I finally opened it this morning the top of the jar was in a million pieces. Tiny shards. I looked up the return policy and found out to ship it back would cost almost more that it was worth. Not going to ship it back as I don't want to repack a million pieces of glass. Oh well that old saying goes.. If you are happy with something you tell 2 people, if you are dissatisfied then you tell everyone...Hello everyone!!

kb147
7/8/17

Just paid a $5 label fee and a $2 re-stocking fee PER ITEM to return clothes that do not fit or were or poor quality.
First AND LAST order - just paid $$ for nothing.

joyceh60
7/6/17

The Crocs I order have been great. Ordered Spanx, not the Spanx I bought in the store, cheaper and way too small. Ordered Goby shoes, I know my European size from Birkenstocks, way too big. The return policy keeps me from using site anymore.

priyadarshinib1
7/6/17

I would suggest buy not putting the expectations very high as they are of not exactly appears in pictures. If you will magnify the images the images are blur, so you will never get to know the quality of material. It is like you are getting as much you are paying.

md249
7/5/17

Clothes aren't worth buying and run VERY off size. So do their shoes. Save your money and time and don't buy from here. Tops came all wadded up. Took forever get order. STAY AWAY!!!!

kelleeo
7/5/17

Quality has truly plummeted since the early days of the site. Seems to be all cheap, poorly made knockoff stuff now (I've ordered 6 pieces within 2 months, only one of them is wearable.) Sizing is a disaster, all over the map. I have been burned too many times ... the abysmal return policy means I'm just donating stuff to charity immediately after it arrives. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. You don't get a third chance: I've given up.

tresas
7/5/17

I returned a dress back to Zilily. They received it on June 26. Still waiting for my credit minus the shipping fee. I would prefer a Full Refund within one business day.

carolk75
7/5/17

What a joke! I ordered a pearl necklace and an 'Italian leather' tote bag. The necklace arrived yesterday about 2 weeks after ordering. Looks nothing like the one on the site. The colour has been painted on. I have several cultured pearl necklaces and this one is the ugliest thing ever. It is going directly to the second hand shop. I cringe to think what the bag will look like! Which cost over $100 and is taking about 6 weeks to arrive. No return policy? Never again do I buy from this company.

elsam8
7/4/17

My very first order with Zulily was an expensive linen dress although on their website it looks great and very sheik when received it, it was horrible quality linen I won't even ware it for bed as p-jay & their size chart is not correct way too small. When calling in to give them to see if I can return my item and get a refund on my credit card I couldn't they gave me a store credit. So I was tied down to use my credits. Each item I purchased and received was again very poor quality nothing like what the pictures show no their website and sizing is way too small or way too big. I have called in once again saying I am no longer interested in using their service therefore I want a full refund on my card they inform me that that is not possible they can give me a $10.00 store credit only. I guess the message is not clear enough I do not wish to shop with them anymore therefore store credits is no value to me. Stay away from this website amazon will be a better deal!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this website amazon will be a better deal!

lisar248
7/4/17

Took over a week for my order of pool toys and float to even ship. Ordered two weeks before vacation and items didn't reach me. I am back to Amazon.

kikk7
7/2/17

While I have had some pieces in 3 orders work out...mostly men's t-shirts and a couple of tunics, this is what we found. SHOES are a big huge bust....we ordered a men's pair of dress shoes, casual runners and two pairs of women's New Balance. Three of the four pairs did not fit. I see others have had the same issues. I should have looked here first. While the shoes clearly state the size but when compared with new ones we bought to replace them they are not the same size. I purchase a cheap six pack of bras....they were underwire and broke first time on....the more costly one didn't fit either. ITS A NO GO FOR ME....

brendag22
7/1/17

I love this site - they have unique things and when they are in stock they are shipped very quickly. When they are part of an open collection it could take up to two months to receive what you order.
My only complaint is that their return policy keeps me from ordering more things. By the time you pay for shipping and restocking it is not worth it.

ek164
6/30/17

Got 4 clothing items. They arrived promptly, they are exactly as shown in the pictures and feel soft and good quality. The shopping experience was continent and the clothing were cheap compared to other stores that sell the same type of clothes! Thanks zulily!!!

lavernef10
6/30/17

The order took over a month to arrive, the one item was perfect , but the other was the same size but was too small. M should fit like a M not a xs or s. Then there was a restock fee and of course the return shipping. To top it off they were only giving no refund to my method of payment . They were keeping my money and I could use the credit on my next order. I told them how I felt about that and put the tunic on a local swap sbop. Never ever order anything from these people. We need to put them out of business. The cute pics they flash on Facebook are a sham

kb145
6/30/17

I started purchasing from Zulily several months ago. My 1st order of a couple of tunics and a pair of sandals was a disaster. The tunics were ivory and navy and were of the thinnest, cheapest quality I've ever seen and the sandals looked nothing like pictured when I ordered them. I sent everything back, paid shipping and a 2.00 restocking fee on each item which makes no sense since they don't stock any items and the emails even said the items were on their way to Zulily by the vendor. I had no choice but to accept a store credit equal to almost half of what I paid originally.
I wasn't going to order from them again,but because I had the credit I ordered a tunic from a different maker and it looked good, so I thought OK, maybe that 1st order was a fluke. Well, my next order was the brand Simply Couture because they have some very pretty tunics. When they finally arrived, they were all damaged, the person who made them (in China) was either inexperienced or just didn't care because the seams didn't even match at the bottom, threads were bunched up, embroidery was unraveling and the lining was a disaster. Also,the xlg fit like a med. I took pictures and emailed them to Zulily, letting them know that this is the kind of junk they were sending customers. I think they must have already known because they told me not to worry about returning the items and at first they were only going to credit the cost of the items back to my credit card, but I told them I was not paying shipping on damaged goods and they finally gave in and gave a full credit. I will say that I have ordered a few more items and they weren't great in quality and ran small, but I kept them.
I recently had a moment of weakness and ordered 3 more tunics from the Simply Couture line (ordered 1xl so they would fit like a USA lg) and when they arrived, all 3 of them were damaged. Seams weren't straight, had holes in some seams and trim wasn't completely sewn on. I also ordered a very cute tunic with a flamingo on it, but they didn't even take the time to put a hem on it, was just cut fabric. I might add that I sew, so I can spot flaws right away. Once again, I sent pictures of the damaged items to Zulily and they told me not to send them back and they credited my card and offered a 10.00 credit to my account. It would be great if these 6 tunics could be fixed because they're very pretty, but the damage is so bad they would have to be completely taken apart and I still think they won't hang right because of how they were cut.
I have bought a few pairs of Fergie and Peter Dumas sandals, and though they are not real leather, they fit true to size and are not bad for the price I paid.
My advice is to not set your expectations too high. It takes a long time for shipping, they don't usually look as good as the pictures, the quality is mostly a thin polyester blend, you never know if it's going to really fit and you definitely are not going to get back what you paid if you're able to return something. My best advice is if you receive damaged goods, take good, clear pictures of the damage and email them. You may end up in a battle over shipping or other charges, but stand your ground with them because they do not want to give back any more of a refund than they have to!! I have also bought some decorative home items that were very cute, but again, it depends on where they are made and the craftsmanship. I would love to see them post reviews for an item, which would be great for determining if an item runs small or large and would be a huge help in deciding whether to buy or not.

christyg17
6/29/17

We bought my son a pair of shoes on 7 June 2017. We were originally told that we would receive the shoes in 7-10 days; however, the shoes did not even SHIP until over two weeks after we placed the orders. On top of that, after the order was shipped, we were notified that the shoes would arrive on 25 June 2017, but the shoes didn't arrive until 28 June 2017. It took three weeks for the shoes to arrive when we were originally told 7-10 days. This is ridiculous.

shilol1
6/28/17

ordered 3pairs of shoes..size 10 they all arrived with size 10 printed on them...but the shoes were a to small..more like a size 7. They will not do returns at thier expence...will never order from them again.

tracyc113
6/27/17

I ordered 2 tops on June 1, 2017. Originally the order said it would take about 10 days as each item was constructed when ordered (really? for a piece of standard clothing?). Then I got an update with an order status link that said my order was on route to vendor and that it had an expected delivery date of June 23rd. Maybe I am used to competent shipping because 3 weeks seemed like a ridiculously long time to fulfill an order. On June 22, I got a "track your order" email that showed it was being shipped from China. Today, June 27th, the tracking shows that it has finally reached San Francisco so if it arrives in the next 3 days it will have taken a month. Even it these tops fit well and look great, I will never again order from Zulily. When I order something, I usually have a plan for when I want to wear or use the item. These tops will be two weeks late for my original plans. I will stick to Amazon.

terrym128
6/26/17

I purchased a set of muk luks gray daisy toe loop sandals and the loops could almost fit 1.5 toes. One of the toe loops was also bigger than the other. They were "kind enough" to allow me to return the defective shoes which cost me $$27.00 to them for a 2% restocking fee, plus they would deduct original shipping to me leaving me with a "Zulily only" credit only of $14 or $17 (don't have paperwork in front of me) which would end up being $8 or $11 after I paid 6.00 for shipping product back to them. All this for a defective product they should have never sold in the first place. I contacted Muk Luls to let them know what Zulily was doing with their product. Do yourself a favor, don't buy from Zulily. They care nothing about their customers.

mirandam17
6/26/17

I've been a loyal costumer for 4+ years. I've spent thousand of dollars here and have been pleased with their products for the most part. However, today I received my package with a FAKE perfume. I have purchased many perfumes from zulily and have never had this happen. I new right away it was fake because the plastic wrap was off and the bottle was shaking inside the box. As soon as I opened it the bottle was tilted and the cap was completely off of the bottle. Also, the lining inside the box was glued crooked and of course the smell gave it away. It was pretty close to the original V&R flowerbomb but not quite. I called customer service immediately and they have promised to issue a reimbursement to my card. I am so disappointed and will probably not purchase anything else from here again.

eshaw
6/26/17

On 5-21-17, I ORDERED 8 PAIR OF LEGGINGS BECAUSE I AM PREGNANT AND ITS VERY EASY TO WEAR. On 6-6-17 I received 2 pairs. When i checked to see if my other leggings had shipped they didn't until 6-12-17. Ok, so Im thinking yayy I should have them within a week right. WRONG. I clicked the tracking number within the email they sent me and it took me to some no name shipping site that gave me the same information every other day, like someone was just copying and pasting the same false info just to say they updated it. It kept saying Jamaica, NY, Elizabeth, NJ, and Atlanta, GA, over and over. Ok so i called Zulilly and they said, OH YOUR STUFF IS BEING SENT FROM CHINA SO ITS PROBABLY IN CUSTOMS. What? Ok fast forward.... I called Zulilly again and a nice lady told me to just take the tracking number and put it into the usps website tracking system and you will be able to track it.....FOR REAL. So today is 6-26-17 a month and 5 days after I spent my hard earned money on their website and still no leggings. When i do get them, i have a feeling im going to have to rip the tags out the back of the pants like i did the other 2 pairs because they are rough im so serious! I work and go to school so i dont have time for Zulilly's shenanigans. 1 & DONE!!!! Never again!!!!!!

dm471
6/26/17

Excellent selection of curated items, most things for sale at a steal. Zulily is a convenient and easy way of being introduced to new and exciting companies and their products you might spend hours looking for yourself. Excellent array of sizes and styles to suit everyone. Customer service is top notch, and Zulily is incredibly flexible even with their no return policy on some items. They realise the consumer is taking a chance buying a final sale item, and therefore, are quick, professional, and friendly in making sure the customer is happy. Should your item be defective or not perform the way you expected, they are eager to make things right with you, no questions asked. Be prepared, however, to wait ...and wait...and wait...for your order. Patience is a virtue, and well worth it, when it comes to Zulily

allisong39
6/25/17

Cheaply made. Horrible material. All the merchandise are irregulars. Terrible would never recommend them . No wonder they have a no return. They would have tons of returns. Disgraceful their cheating people out of money.

alexandrar21
6/25/17

I took a flyer on some tunics because they were so pretty in the picture. I knew the site does not accept returns but figured, How bad can they be? Answer: super, super bad. The tunics are made of sleazy polyester knit; the armholes and neck hole have no facing at all, just a tiny topstiched hem like you'd put on a doll's dress. The whole effect is as if you cut holes in a trash bag and put it on; there is no shaping, no darts, just a baggy length of cloth. If you made this in 7th grade sewing class, you'd get a C-. I'm going to just donate these to Goodwill, but I don't think anyone else would want them either.

marias266
6/25/17

I got two maxi dresses, una off-shoulders floral one, and other blue raisley high-neck front racer back, OMG these two are NOTHING what the pictures show, I want my money back...

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t. on 8/6/16
Helpful answer

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T. on 10/19/15
Helpful answer

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H. on 11/11/15
Helpful answer

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Wrong size, no return policy. Beware don't order from them

By Ann D. on 5/11/15
Helpful answer

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M. on 9/24/15
Helpful answer

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R. on 5/17/16
Helpful answer

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V. on 8/27/13
Helpful answer

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S. on 8/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

58 Photos for Zulily