Review of Zulily

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

marianneg
9/19/11

I ordered 5 outfits and they came about 3 weeks later. However, I expected the long delay. It does say on their site orders are not shipped until the sale is over. So if you order an item and the sale lasts another 5 days, your shipping time frame doesn't start until those 5 days have passed, regardless of when you ordered.

heatheru1
9/17/11

Basically I'd call this website concept a big fail. My understanding is the site is merely a portal to ordering from small designer and boutiques. They carry nothing in stock, and place your order with others ordered during the same "sale". Once they receive your order, they ship all or part of your order to you. I do say they have some pretty good deals. The real issue is waiting up to two months to receive a completed order....if you ever receive it.

I've place three orders. The first arrived within about 3 weeks. three items in the order and it was right at the end of the "sale". FYI....i did find one of the items I ordered elsewhere for about half the price.

The second order was placed a month ago, and it *still* not delivered. several items have been received, some are in transit with a trackable id, and some HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN SENT YET.

The last order was place the day after the second order and nothing has been received. And nothing from Zulily regarding the status.

the items that I have received are in poor to decent shape. but everything was jammed in to a shipping bag. without even a shipping receipt. Many items have loose threads CLEARLY visible....one came with two missing buttons. None of this should have been sent to me and there is a no returns policy. I emailed about the quality and the CS response was basically they take no responsibility for the quality of items they "distribute".

Why the concept fails? Well, this is a Mums and young child focused site. What pregnany gal wants to wait 2 months before receiving their maternity clothes? we want....we NEED a quicker turn-around. Same with baby clothing. Fortunately, I am shopping for the yet-to-be-born, and I have three months still....so baby is OK. But if you are shopping for a child of the "already-born" variety.....find another site. The child will be out of that size before the items arrive.

The quality is questionable. The baby clothing material is all good....but I stayed with cotton, organic cotton, and natural fiber knits. don't dress your child in synthetics....and check before you buy. One of the maternity items i ordered is a joke $65 for a see-through-quality acetate (the description said natural fiber blend, I suppose the stitching is cotton?) Its unacceptable. What really gets me is those loose threads. Who SELLS such crap? Why this fails?.....the website really is nothing but a portal and does not even have internal Quality Assurance of the merchandise they market.

Will not shop here again. quality and time are big factors to me. No sale is worth a sacrifice in either!!!!

kellyi
9/15/11

In an era of online shopping you would think zulily would be able to get their act together and be able to handle returns and ship items in a timely manor. My order took over a month to get to me!! Unacceptable.

jenniferc18
9/13/11

I've ordered from this site a few times, and each time I've waited over 3-4 weeks to get my items, with no update communication from the website. I also DESPISE the no returns. Every single item I have been interested in during the 2 years I have been a member has always been non-returnable. This is just not possible with little kids. I'll stick with Hautelook and Gilt from now on. At least they have return policies on their kids items.

junok
9/10/11

NO RETURNS. Only order DEFINITE know you want items & items you know you want 2 months from now. No joke your average wait time on products is MINIMUM 1 month!! I don't mind ordering in advance but really think about is it worth the price & wait. The customer service I think has improved a little. The other stinky thing is you think you ordered and item and 1 month later they finally tell you, Sorry we ran out of the item. Wow, a little more notice would be great. So that's why I recommend 2 months advance time frame, so if a month goes by & you don't get the item you still have some time to find it somewhere else.

jessicam15
9/9/11

AWFUL! I have made some comments on some other reviews here. Same story...takes forever to receive the order. Order placed on 8/16, received part of it today, 9/9. Also, quality is not that great. Ordered some simple cotton outfits (dress/leggings) for my kids and the cotton was very thin (see through). Also, the sizing seems to be off. Perhaps that is just this particular manufacturer. I do a lot of online shopping, but I will now only do so from reputable sites. I wish I had read these reviews before I placed my order. I have not yet contacted customer service, so I cannot speak about that part yet. Zulily is no bargain. More like a hassle.

erink2
9/8/11

Same complaint as others...16 days (not including weekends and holidays) and still no merchandise. Customer service has been responsive to my emails but have only offered to provide me a $5 store credit towards another purchase. No thank you!

I would recommend folks log complaints with the Better Business Bureau because on the BBB site there are minimal complaints logged and Zulily continues to have a favorable A- rating: http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/childrens-and-infants-wear-retail/zulily-in-seattle-wa-22547276

This is the first time I've purchased from this kind of bargain site and I'm skeptical if I should ever purchase again not just on Zulily but similar stores such as Foundry.

bradc4
8/29/11

Ordered shoes August 18th and they still have not shipped them and were already at the end of August! I should have read all the reviews before hand. I guess this website take so long to ship because they don't keep an inventory. They only order what you order from them. So not only are you waiting for Zulilys to order from the manufacture, your waiting for the manufacture to ship to Zulilys and then your waiting again for Zulilys to ship to you. This is a poor model business! Will NOT order from them again.

jenm3
8/26/11

I have given this site too many chances. Please do not use this site! First of all, orders take longer than the 7 to 10 business day window that you are given when you place an order. I'm talking well over a month. I ordered some luggage from them, it was a great deal I was very excited. 1 month goes by and I get an email telling me that my order was cancelled they won't be sending me anything. They gave me a 10 dollar credit. Gee thanks. About a week later some pajamas I ordered for my kids and they were covered in black ink! They said they had extras and would send me a pjs. So they could not get enough inventory of the luggage I ordered but they have plenty of pajamas? Whatever system they use isn't working. I filed a complaint with BBB and nothing has been resolved. Avoid this site if you know what's good for you.

mariam18
8/26/11

Only order if you have seen what you're getting IN PERSON and have several weeks to wait. I've ordered six times and have been mildly disappointed at least half of those times in the merchandise. My latest order was the last straw: the two clothing items I ordered were at least four sizes smaller than the marked/stated size. With their across the board no return policy, I don't have much hope of recovering the $49 I paid. Most of the stuff is on here FOR A REASON - it would be unsellable in a retail store.

heatherm12
8/20/11

Very Very happy with my purchase! It took longer than expected only because I didn't take into consideration that it says 10-14 BUSINESS days, not just 10-14 days. I absolutely love what I bought and think I got a great deal. Would definetly buy from them again!!! Great quality of products!

sharonk6
8/19/11

have to agree with everyone's negative review here. Great bargins but at a risky price. Order two boots size 13...received a 12 (yup they didn't fit). Then ordered another pair for daughter #2 size 10...got two left boots but they were a size 10.

You can tell they are getting the bottom of the barrel in their selection.

Also it took me over 6 weeks to get our summer items something to remember if you are ordering for the current season.

Also recieved two cheesy girl dresses that I didn't order that they tried to pawn off as the dresses that I did ordered.

Not getting anywhere with customer service and my girl friend actually knows the owner of the company :(

stacyc4
8/17/11

I have been purchasing items from Zulily for a few months now. Despite very long shipping times, I was please with what I received. However, I found out today that a SKIP HOP diaper bag that I ordered three weeks ago (progressed from "confirmed" to "in transit to zulily") is now CANCELLED! I will not be getting the bag that I ordered while hundreds of other orders for the same bag is being filled. The customer service rep (who was very nice) explained that the vendor may say they have 1000 items to send, but may only send like 980 or may send some damaged. I think this reflects VERY POORLY on both ZULILY and SKIP HOP and I will think twice before I order from them again. Please keep in mind that "confirmed" and "in transit to zulily" DO NOT MEAN ANYTHING and you're order is not complete until you have a tracking number.

maggiew1
8/16/11

My mother in-law bought us a gift card when we found out we were pregnant. After two weeks of no email verification code - the site told her to punch in her receipt number. I tried with no luck. She is currently trying to get her money back and waiting....waiting...waiting. What a poorly run site. I'm sticking with Amazon and Gilt Group

corkiem
8/11/11

I ordered child's size 2 sandals for a gift. I rec'd an infant's 2. NO RETURN policy means I "get" to keep them! Other items ordered don't fit...much smaller than normal. NO RETURNS! So I'm stuck with those too!
The order was placed July 13 and arrived Aug 11. I did not receive any notice of shipping date. I will cancel my subscription and never order from them again. Very disappointed customer.

janicem5
8/11/11

I placed an order on July 27, 2011 for 3 different MELISSA & DOUG products.

I received notice on August 6 that all 3 items shipped - in two different boxes.

Today, August 11, I received 2 boxes with 3 items inside - all perfect condition, carefully wrapped, packaging was excellent. NO COMPLAINTS! :)

ellenw4
8/11/11

No communication and horrible customer service. Still waiting on my order...waiting, waiting, waiting. Called their customer service and was greeted by a unpleasant agent. Will NEVER use them again!!

candicep3
8/8/11

They have cancelled two of my orders that I had wanted to give as birthday presents. I am really disappointed and wish I had learned earlier that my orders were cancelled.

maryp11
8/1/11

Invited friends and family in order to get store credit. Sister placed an order. It was shipped on April 21, 2011. Today is August 1, 2011 -- and I had to contact them (this is the 2nd time) in order to get their advertised $15.00 store credit. That is over 3 months of a wait time. Isn't that absurd?

christinab4
7/30/11

Purchased three items on July 7th, and today, July 30th, still have not received them! When they say order processed in 7-14 business days, make sure you focus on the words "processed" and "business days"! I have e-mailed the company twice, and in both replies from them, they simply explain how their business works which basically is "we'll mail you your order when we get it from the vendor and then after we spend a week or two, after receiving it, getting it mailed out to you". My order started as a UPS delivery and ended up as a postal delivery - although since I haven't received it yet, I am not sure how it actually will arrive. On top of all of this and the fact that they took my money when weeks ago, the items I ordered are not returnable! This is my second experience with Zulily and most likely my last. They claim to be unique and to offer such fabulous deals which translates into, I think, "we are worth the time and trouble". No, they actually aren't! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE IT IN LESS THAN THREE WEEKS (i.e., 15 BUSINESS DAYS!).

valeriep2
7/22/11

On June 27th I ordered a pair of shoes for my grand-daughter. It's now July 22nd and no shoes have arrived. I contacted them after 2 weeks and they told me they don't ship for 14 BUSINESS days. That meant almost 3 weeks. They shipped it via a strange UPS service that then delivered it to the local post office for delivery to my home. The package has been sitting at the Sacramento post office since July 18th. What type of shipping do they pay for??? The price I paid for shipping should have given me priority shipping. My grand-daughter will probably not fit in the shoes by the time they come. I will NEVER order from this site again, as the customer service is the worst I've ever encountered.

joank
7/20/11

i wish i had seen these reviews prior to ordering. I think the biggest problem is the absurd shipping time. Takes way too long! Can't return anything, so you take a big chance. I had to give a skirt that would normally fit to my neice, as it ran small and was non returnable. I will not order from this site again.

shaunag
7/20/11

I ordered 2 grils dresses on 6/28/11 as of today 6/20/11 I still have not received anything. according to their tracking information it appears it took 15 days to be ready for shippment and has now been 8 days before it is showing at the local post office. Shipping and handling was $7.95 so it wasn't even "free"

the dresses have missed two mini vacations hoping they come before school begins

jennib1
7/19/11

Ordered some maternity clothes on June 19th for a vacation I just took this past weekend. I just received my order today (1 month later) and am sending them back! The site says 10-14 days which I would have been okay with. I sure hope they do not give me grief about the return. I made comments on their facebook site and also via email and got a generated auto response both times. I have a feeling they are going to give me store credit for my returns which means I will have to order something for my baby that is due in 5 months instead of maternity clothes because that is how long it will take to receive it!

crystalc5
7/15/11

I ordered a outfit for my baby girl on june 20th and it is now july 15 and still no outfit. It took forever just to get shipped out and then it said i was suppose to get on july 15th and never did. I went to see were it was and now it said that zulily changed from ups and is now sending usps and now i don't know when im going to get it. Im very unhappy and will NEVER BUY FROM THEM again!!!!!!!

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t. on 8/6/16
Helpful answer

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T. on 10/19/15
Helpful answer

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H. on 11/11/15
Helpful answer

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Wrong size, no return policy. Beware don't order from them

By Ann D. on 5/11/15
Helpful answer

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M. on 9/24/15
Helpful answer

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R. on 5/17/16
Helpful answer

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V. on 8/27/13
Helpful answer

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S. on 8/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

58 Photos for Zulily