Review of Zulily

service@zulily.com

michelev
4/28/12

1. It took one month to get my order
2. All the clothes and products are cheap and most made in China and then sold by a private seller to make a profit
3. If you want to buy items like Zulily, wait for a month, and pay a small fraction of the price, buy directly from China via a site such as www.yoybuy.com. It's a little complicated, but worth it
4. Really, the sales and discounts are completely made up - do a price comparison - just another lie

coriw
4/25/12

I've been using Zulily for a year now. They do take forever, but if you don't have a deadline and don't wait until your child is bursting out of their current clothes then it's fine. They are getting better about shipping honestly. When I first started it took FOREVER, but the past 3-4 months it gets here in 2-3 business weeks which is what their website blatantly says. Every clothes category has an indicated ship out time. The only time they are late is when the clothing company that ships their clothes TO Zulily is late.

The actual rough-play quality of the clothes I have never had a problem with. The quality has always been good from what I've ordered. I love Star Ride Kids, Request jeans, and that you can get an outfit for $9.99. And the outfits I have bought (kidzone I think) that were 9.99 were the same quality as Children's Place clothes that my daughter has.

It also depends on the brands you get because companies/people ship their stuff to Zulily so quality is based on those individual companies not Zulily as a whole.

I have never had a problem with customer service. They are always nice to me when I have a question about anything. I have had the product run out on two occasions and they gave me credit back for them which is fine with me because that's where I get my bargains.

I bought my daughter's summer clothes on Zulily a couple weeks ago and one dress went over the estimated ship time, so they emailed me and told me that it was coming in the next 3-5 business days AND they credited me the amount for the dress because it took so long which to me, in this day and age, is pretty nice. They also give you a panel that says when it is being shipped TO Zulily, when it ships to you, and tracking information so you're not completely left in the dark.

Yes, it is not a ritzy store. Yes, the shipping is longer than, say, Wal-Mart. Yes, you are going to get great deals and good quality (at least I say for all the brands I have bought). Some things aren't good deals, like the boutique clothes (they have sales for high end clothing sometimes)... but that's because I make them so I know $60 for a "boutique" outfit is silly. The customer service was good as far as my experience with them.

I think as long as you don't have a deadline for the clothes or unrealistic expectations this site will be good for you. This is a great practical site for deals and I have been disappointed that good business is not practiced anymore (stores telling you to shove it if their product is no good or not crediting you anything) and this site has always gone beyond normal sites/stores to satisfy people, at least with everyone I have talked to that uses it. I have always heard they will, in fact, take returns if it is damaged or a wrong size. I'm not sure about other peoples' experiences, but these are mine. I'm not sure if my expectations or budget is just not high enough to be irritated about decent quality with $10 outfits. I mean I'm not expecting $50 quality for a $10 outfit, but I can say that the $7-$10 outfits I have bought for my daughter go through a lot of rough play and stand up amazing to it.

Their shipping cost is always $7.95, which is pretty good for small orders and amazing for very large orders.

I don't buy the 'ship by a certain date' clothes for a certain date because I will NOT buy clothes on this site for a specific event. Certain sites have certain quirks and if you want to shop savvy online you have to learn them and decide if you want to use the site or not. I don't buy anything for an event or occasion with a deadline because I don't want to set myself up that way. Setting myself up for failure is not a tendency of mine ;) The site is what it is. I've never had a problem with them.

aprilp2
4/22/12

I have not had any issues with zulily.com at all like these other posters. I have received all of the items that I have ordered and they are good quality. I had 1 pair of sandals come in the wrong color and when I emailed them they got back to me the same day and told me that the color that I had ordered was out of stock and to just keep the pair that I got and they would credit my card for the shoes and give me a $10 store credit for the mix up. Already have used the store credit for another order. I understand the shipping takes a little longer just because they order in bulk from the places that supply the items once they have all of the orders in....I would not order anything from here that I just had to have by a certain date. =)

rominag
4/19/12

I ordered 4 pairs of Crocs shoes for my kids and I, at a great price, and 3 adorable outfits for my daughter. I placed the orders with no rush March 27 and did not get charged until the order was being shipped. I got email notifications of my order and shipment. Both orders arrived together in 1 box, which was great, yesterday April 18. All items were packed properly with tags and in superb condition. One of the crocs I ordered was a size smaller. I checked my order online and saw that the size I received was the one in the order but I still called them to see if they could exchange it for the size I needed. I called today and spoke to Jenny, a customer service representative. She was warm and friendly and proceeded to check my order. She made it very easy; gave me a refund for the item, placed a new order for the correct size of the shoes and asked me to keep the pair I had and donate it to a charity or someone in need. I have never heard of any other retailer doing this, which in my opinion speaks volumes! I was hesitant ordering after reading all of the bad reviews but it seems that they have listened and attempted to correct any issues. I will order from Zulily again!

christinew8
4/17/12

I have never actually ordered anything from this site but I have worked in customer service at zulily for a short time. First off, they make a habit of advertising products hey don't have. They order just enough so they are sure they can sell out and not any more. As a result, customers end up ordering product that is not in stock.

Shipping is built around saving the company money at the customer's expense. Typically they send the order to the vendor who sends the order to the warehouse then the product is shipped out via UPS to a post office which ships via USPS to the customer's house (in a month....if they're lucky). If that sounds ridiculously complicated that's because it is especially considering that the customer pays for shipping.

As for customer service being horrible, I agree. When "training" me they crammed a week of customer service training into 1 day! Needless to say I had no idea how to answer customer questions when the time came to answer phone calls.

After a few weeks of being berated for 8 hours a day by angry customers I quit...and I'm glad I did! This company has terrible training, shipping and their policies are the antithesis of good customer service.

graciel2
4/16/12

This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with an online merchant - I ordered 3 dresses as a gift for my cousin's baby who was celebrating her first birthday. The website asked if it was a gift and I said "YES" - well, the ordering and paying was easy enough... no problem there. The problem is it took over a week to even get a shipment notification, then when I got it, it came in 3 different tracking numbers - 1 package for each dress. Now, let me ask you this - if you are the recipient of this gift, and got 1 dinky dress, you would said "oh yeah right" but the objective was to give all three dresses together to make a "wow - thats a beautiful gift, all 3 in different colors and designs, how lovely"... so now, my cousin will get each dress separately thinking what a cheap shopper I am ... not to mention it was shipped a week after the order and then another week for the product to get there!!! What a horrible shopping experience - stay away from this site.

joa271
4/10/12

I would no recommend this site to friends and family. I had spent over $300 the last 3 months and i am very dissapointed. Even walmart have better and durable clothes for kids. If you are lucky you can get a few good items but overall the quality is terrible, the clothes are not true fit and the worst is they don't offer returns.

I have a 24 old month son and a 4 1/2 girl. The clothes so far run too small and not durable. They have only worn the clothes just once.

Im small pettite. I bought two small women dresses and they were terrible. The dress is one piece, the top part was way too small and the bottom xtra large that I had to fix the bottom part. The other dress was a waste of money.

I am waiting on a 100 dollar order that I m hoping at least the cloth to be better however it will be my last time I shop from clothing.

I can say the only items I am satisfy is shoes. I bought few sandals for my daughter and myself so far are good.

jinnyk
4/1/12

As a vendor selling products to them, they are dishonest, and very underhanded. Claimed we didn't fulfill their products on the order, we double checked with our warehouse, now they told us we did fulfill it, but sent the wrong items in, (but they weren't going to tell us this until we challenged them that we did send it the products), and now they are doing chargebacks for items they didn't even have on their inventory. They DO NOT HOLD inventory, so that's why products are late to their customers. They basically make money prior to paying their vendors, claim they didn't receive stock, has back charges for products they don't even have in the inventory, and makes tons of money without ever giving up capital.

janb10
3/30/12

they never sent product, asked for a refund, instead they made my payment a recurring monthly payment can you believe that thanks to paypal they saw that still havent recieved refund its been over a month

chells
3/29/12

I have placed 5 orders with Zulily and I have only received one. It is bad enough that you have to wait a month for your merchandise to ship , but you will also receive a tracking number and the package SUPPOSEDLY makes it all the way to your local post office, then it is returned to sender for reasons unknown. I've called customer service the 4 times this has happened and the only answer I got was, "the post office is too lazy to deliver your items." HUH? REALLY? Then, it takes another 2 weeks to have your money refunded back into your account. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!

franklinm3
3/27/12

Registered and ordered three items, via PayPal, for daughter on the 4th of March, 2012, for the first time, checked Paypal and transaction was completed. Checked Zulily account on the 8th, stated "Items are in transit to Zulily" (Ok), checked account again the 16th, stated "Items are in transit to Zulily" (Huh?), checked on the 20th, stated "Your order is confirmed." (WTF), the order status went backwards. Sent two e-mails making a simple request - Cancel order and refund payment. Received two automated e-mails stating will get back to me as soon as possible. On the 24th opened a dispute claim against Zulily through PayPal's resolution center and escalated it. On the 27th, they've cancelled the order, but have not issued a refund. Will keep Paypal (PP Buyer Protection is awesome by the way!) updated, and Site Jabbers.

bobf11
3/27/12

Still waiting for my order 25 days and counting....and it was not even a free shipping promo!!!!!!

maryd22
3/27/12

I ordered 3 outfits for my neice's baby on 3/13/12. They have not been received by Zulily as of 3/23/12 and I am not expected to get them till after Easter. At this rate the clothes won't fit the baby. I told them I could never recommend them to anyone due to how long it takes to get the merchandise.

isabelp1
3/26/12

Time to get products is obviously poor - I understand they are the "middle men" but I've ordered from other severely discounted webpages before and not had to wait 3-4 weeks to receive my order. I've tried three orders - and all have had difficulties with the products. One was mislabeled as being a current season product - but when it came it was last season's (and was being sold at the same price by the designer's webpage). Another was the wrong size - came as an infant size when a 12-18month was ordered. Another came missing several buttons. The last problem is obviously the manufacturers fault........but again, I've never had this difficulty with RueLaLa or other discounting webpages.

juneanns
3/26/12

I will not buy from this site again because of its no return policy. Some of the sizes are very small and I do not like the quaility of the clothes,

sharmis1
3/23/12

Horrible site! don't get deceived by all the fancy promotion they do everyday on their site! I ordered 5 items within a week,it's been almost a month I still haven't received the shipment. I ordered it believing the items would be delivered on time before our travel, but had to make alternate arrangements. If zulily does not streamline their logistics, it won't stay in business for long..

tiffanym7
3/21/12

It's pretty bad. They have adorable things, but shipping takes FOREVER!!!! and is not even free. Literally, order a size up if you plan to get kids things because you can expect close to month. And even when you think it's on its way because you see a UPS tracking number, they have requested that UPS transfer it to USPS for local delivery. So it takes even more time. And I live in Philadelphia (center city) so there is no reason it would be easier for USPS to deliver. That, and there are no returns. This is basically a big drop shipping company, and it's SOOO not worth it. Shop elsewhere!

krisc8
3/16/12

The worst experience I have ever ever had ordering online from a company..they advise you not to call customer service.. Well big surprise.. Just read the reviews. Why oh why didn't I read the reviews before I ordered a bunch of stuff. They are pathetic, seriously. Ordered a month ago, and got half of one order and they stuff was awful..cheap and cheesy..nothing like the cute in you look at . I am going to report to BBB they are the worst.

sarahlizw
3/15/12

I haven't had as bad an experience as other people, that is, I've ordered from them a few times but haven't had anything I've needed to return. However, the person who said order things a size bigger because your children will have grown by the time you get it was spot on. Seriously, if they want to stay in business they've got to get it together to use another mail service. Expect to wait as much as five weeks for something to get to you. Cute stuff, expensive brands pretty cheap, but I just can't wait for stuff like this. I'd rather pay more and get it sooner. The shipping and handling charge is as much for other companies that ship within a day or two, and you get it within a week, such as Crazy 8.

nancyp12
3/12/12

Terrible customer service. I had ordered from Zulily before and understood that it would take awhile. However, this was taking longer than acceptable (15 business days and they hadn't even gotten it from the supplier) so I emailed to cancel the order. And I emailed again. Never a response. Miraculously, the "dashboard" suddenly showed that the order was received from the supplier and allegedly sent to me (still haven't received it). I'll never order from them again.

aliciac5
3/5/12

I understand how zulily works, and I wouldn't mind wating at least 14 business days for items to ship, but they use the slowest shipping method ever. Shipping should be free if they are going to use this super slow method, or the customer should be able to choose another shipping method since you are paying for it.

reinas1
3/4/12

I bought a cute baby blanket at zulily for a baby shower gift. It was in a sealed bag with a hanger and it looked beautiful, it looked like an expensive blanket. I took it out of the bag to wrap and the other side looked horrendous. It looked ragged, pilled, like an old blanket. It looked like something out of goodwill. They made one side beautiful and completely cheaped out on the other side. I don't understand how they can sell such shoddy items. I had to immediately go to a baby boutique and buy something more suitable. I'm so glad I looked at the other side of the blanket, I would have been mortified if I had given this as a present.

jt19
2/26/12

I have ordered from them several times just like everyone else has; my first order was very cute fleece like waist length jacket. I received it rather quickly but the quality was very poor, the pockets came with holes in them! My second order was a pair of boots: I was so excited to have found this particular pair and would be able to wear them for winter (and let me just say my winter is literally for a split second, if at all,) so I ordered them at the beginning of December and almost 2 months later they arrived!!! Needless to say, they will sit in my closet until next year since our winter is over and we're back in the 80's! When shipping says 10 -14 business days you should actually double or triple that time; at least that way when it comes sooner you will be surprised. I really like the idea of this site but do not like the way they handle things.

nancyd12
2/25/12

Great prices, true. Horrible service...and I mean horrible. It takes forever and ever and ever to get your items.

One time I contacted them THREE MINUTES after I placed an order because the delivery address was not listed correctly on the confirmation...it was right when I placed the order. I was told they would get back with me THREE WEEKS after I placed the order to say that they had given the correct info to the vendor. Two weeks later it arrived at the wrong address over two weeks after that they e-mailed to say they could not contact the vendor. Sorry.

It is unbelievable how bad their customer service is. Only order with the understanding it will take 5-6 weeks to arrive...and you can't change your order or get a refund.

alexisb3
2/10/12

I never received my item after a month. I had to call them and they told me my order was cancelled. Very disappointed in the experience and will not be using them again.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A.

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t.

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T.

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H.

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H.

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M.

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R.

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V.

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S.
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

58 Photos for Zulily