Review of Zulily

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

lisah122
11/14/16

Came across a wonderful place to buy for every member of your family. Clothing, footwear and kitchen products; bedding; novelty items you can't get anywhere else. Lots of deals and good quality on the clothes. Have been very happy with everything. Receive my items in a timely manner. I have never had a problem with Zulily.
Love Zulily and it is very addictive. Everyone needs to check out Zulily.

elisej4
11/13/16

This is the second time I've ordered something from Zulilly and it's been WAY late!!! I waited almost a month and a half on my order and when I went to just cancel it coustomer service said it was too late. Dumb me, I ordered again from there! It's been almost two months and I still haven't got my order!!! NEVER AGAIN!! Bye zulilly!

kellyr96
11/10/16

Terrible customer service. I complained about how long it takes for them to ship items and the service rep said there was nothing they could do. She said it takes on average 21-28 days to receive your order. I reminded her that I made the purchase on Oct. 5th and it is now Nov. 10th......that's 36 days! Obviously you don't require basic math skills to work at Zulily! Run, run, run from this on-line company.

conniel45
11/9/16

I have bought a lot of clothing from zulily. The stuff that fits I love. However, they say they want you to be thrilled with your order but you cannot return stuff. How does that work. I have 4 items in my closet that I love but that are too small

marlam8
11/8/16

I have ordered several items from Zuilily. One item came that was "not returnable" and I HATED it. I called customer service and kindly explained my problem and the lovely lady who helped me immediately sent me a return label and refunded the item. She didn't try and make it out to be my problem at all. Great service. I have never had any other issues with them or their products.

chriss462
11/8/16

Had 2 fraudulent orders totalling $600. Zulily customer service says they will faxvinfo to my bank to fix this and then never does. Been calling them for 4 days and they keep promising to fax the info.

sherrym46
11/7/16

It takes weeks to get your order if you can get it at all. If you try cancel the order they either say they can't cancel it or promise a partial refund and you get PENNYS of your dollar. On a $28 order I got a refund of $2. I'm in the process of a disputing the transaction through PayPal.

adelec7
11/7/16

ordered several items--spoke with customer "lip" service because i was not happy with the quality of the items. They said they would happily refund my money and also provide return shipping. After waiting 2 weeks for return label and 3 phone calls I finally sent items back on my dime. I am now on my 4th phone call trying to get my refund...they apparently insist that you receive store credit, even though they originally promised me a full return to my original payment method. Not sure where the disconnect is, but you would think that an internet based clothing store would have their act together and would be able to facilitate returns to keep customers happy

nicoleb119
11/6/16

Don't waste your time or money ordering from zulily! I ordered a comforter and never received it. It was more than 30 days and I finally got my money back. Such a hassle.

hollyg25
11/5/16

Order arrived on time. Merchandise was terrible. Size 3X was a joke! Maybe 3X for a skeleton.

mkq
11/4/16

"Zulilly continues to be bad . First experience clothes ordered were POOR quality. But I believe in second chances. Second experience order clothes Oct 11 and they are still not here!!!! Yup almost a month later and no joy. When I asked the series of customer service reps to explain how that happens -- they gave me Non answers that look pretty but offer no real substance. My questions were simple - what do you do to vet your sellers. What minimum - max fulfillment time do you give them . I believe in supporting small businesses but how in this day and age does any company dealing in mass market selling not have the capacity to get you an off the shelf product in under a month. "

silviaa12
11/4/16

They claim big discounts, but check the prices on other places. I ordered a shampoo at zulily for $10 and they claimed 40% discount. However the regular price of the shampoo everywhere else was less than $5.00. And, yes I compare everything - the brand, model and size. They have good deals on brands, but still you may find it somewhere else on better price and free shipping.

gisellem2
11/4/16

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from zulilly. The shipping was so slow that the things I ordered were out of season by the time I got them. Winter clothes arriving in summer. I have a few items that I really like, but I've lost more money with them than I've saved. A lot of the things were unusable. Many of the things I had to get rid of. One of my clothing orders was literally thrown in a box. It was a mess and no carevwas taken. With sizing know your measurements and be prepared to size up. All of the clothing is sized differently.

Tip for consumers: Read sizing very carefully for each and every item. Things run smaller than I would expect. Get a tape measure and know your measurements.

krisw19
11/3/16

They have some cute clothes at decent prices, still not super cheap but the quality of the stuff I have received has been horrible. Weird fitting, doesn't look like what is pictured online, terrible quality. What I would expect from something much cheaper than even their discount prices. I think if you order name brand stuff when they have it, you're okay but stay away from any brands you don't recognize or that look boutique like, I'm guessing it's super cheap stuff from China, at least from my experience. I've been sucked into ordering cute boutique looking clothing three different times now and ended up donating 90% of it because of fit, quality, etc. another red flag for me is a company with such a crappy return policy. That should be your first clue that they sell crappy stuff. If it was quality, they'd stand behind it and have a good return policy. Won't be buying from them again. Would NOT recommend.

meganm72
11/2/16

I was a total zulily convert. I knew about the wait times and return policy but I got a couple really good high quality items so mostly figured it was okay. I just recently was playing on the app and noticed a few shirts that were buy two get an extra 50% off. I put them in the basket but they didnt give the additional discount so I tried to exit app but apparently pressed purchase. My bad. I immediately sent an email asking to cancel the order. RECEIVED NO RESPONSE. When I asked via facebook they responded right away but total attitude like it was stupid of me to think I could communicate via email. THey did agree to let me return the items but I had it on my credit card for months and frankly can do without the attitude. I will shop elsewhere.

shawnh46
11/2/16

Zulily is certainly NOT Neiman Marcus, but I've been ordering w/them for over a year now and I'm about 90% satisfied with the products I receive. The few items I was not satisfied w/were credited to my account. The random S&H is still a pain and the size charts aren't accurate (buy larger). However, for the money saved, its worth it to me. So far I've purchased plus sized and kids clothing, electronic accessories and kitchen items.

nadae2
11/1/16

Lousy company, rude customer service, the woman yelled at me when I told her I got the wrong item, bad quality, always wrong item and never refund your credit card, you get store credit to buy more lousy items. One star is too much for them!!!

lisaw208
10/29/16

After spending over $600.00 on the ZULILY site I can honestly say I LOVE the clothes, boots and shoes. I've had fabulous experiences with customer service; they are polite, professional and personable. I pay CLOSE ATTENTION to their recommended sizing info so I ALWAYS get the correct size for my body. All items have been exactly as advertised - no false info or differences from what is shown. Further - I always have the option of speeding up orders by simply choosing various shipping rates. However - so far I've only used the standard shipping. Items arrive on time, based on whatever "date of arrival" is advertised for each individual item. It seems that many of the complaints would be prevented if the customer would simply read the info., options and suggestions provided by Zulily for each specific item. Also - I think the 24 hour free standard shipping (after a first pur chase) is a really GREAT DEAL!!! I LOVE SHOPPING AT ZULILY.

kellym166
10/25/16

I have purchased over a thousand $ worth of clothing from Zulily. Yes there have been a few problems here and there, but nothing like what you all are describing. They don't deny that sometimes it may be a few weeks before you get your item. Some items are in their 'ready to ship' section so if impatient people want to order, look there. When I have had problems with the order, they have told me to donate it, or send it back. They credit my account and generally give me a $10 store credit. The clothes fit the way that they say they will fit, and they are really cute. A little more than a year ago, my closet was boring and I discovered Zulily. I started getting more interesting clothing from them, and I started feeling better about how I look. As a result, I decided to change my diet (I went Paleo) and have lost a lot of weight. Now I need new clothes! Ha! But really, I credit this to Zulily, for their cute clothing, making me want to look better....it had a snowball effect on my life. Thanks for reading.

marthah47
10/25/16

I ordered clothing from Shill 3 weeks ago, the payment cleared right away...still waiting, no order sent...they sent me daily emails warning me the items I wanted were going to expire if I didn't order right away...why the rush...they have not exactly rushed to send me anything...but my money is gone!

tracya44
10/25/16

I ordered six shirts for my daughter all at around $50 each. I thought I was getting cool clothes from a Los Angeles designer. No way. The cut of the shirts are bizarre. The sleeves are ridiculously long and the bodies too short. Total waste of money. The clothes are garbage. I will never buy from them again.

sharons170
10/24/16

Ordered from Zulily twice....first time I purchased 5 pairs of sandles and a few tops and dresses. Shoes fell apart the very first day my daughter wore them. Two of the dresses were nice and held up well the other ones were very cheap and after 1 wash fell apart and shrunk! The shipping literally takes forever! Very disappointed! Everything looks great online but very deceiving! Bargain prices for bargain materials....you get what you pay for!!!

maryh256
10/22/16

First of all - do not order anything from Zulilly if you need it in under a month or more. I placed an order and received the wrong color on one item, wrong sizes on 2 other items, and 2 items I ordered were cancelled with no explanation.(Which is probably just as well!) The tops I got were completely different from the pictures, not gathered in the front as shown, and the fabric was really cheap and yukky. No returns. Big disappointment.

kathyn43
10/20/16

I ordered a cute, top that was gathered in the front. What I received was a plain t-shirt. I complained and asked for a refund, so they shipped me another plain t-shirt, without my consent. I complained again and asked for a refund and they gave me a credit of $10. Sorry, no refunds.

cheryls79
10/18/16

I have been ordering from Zulily for 3 or 4 years now, Customer service is great, when there was a problem with my order, they credited my account and I didn't have to send back the order, they told me to donate it. I check their web site everyday, love to see their deals. shipment has been spot on with the dates they have given me for when to expect my item. Like reviewer A.C. before me, I am surprised tthat so many people are unhappy, I have had nothing but good transactions with them.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

255 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question