Review of Zulily

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

jc297
4/12/17

I ordered close to a dozen times - one was fine. The "free returns" are a mess - and not in a good way. I was told to schedule a pick up - and provided a label - for 2 boxes of 1 order I never made. SO they have money for returned items I did not want to get the first time - sent a second time - en masse. And have charged me. And I can't call to get them picked up, as promised. I get the pleasure of carting them back. Again. Run, run from any thought of ordering from zulilly. badly run.

bonniea25
4/12/17

Took over a month and still DO NOT have my order!!!!!! I will contact the BBB if I do Not received my order. They have their money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't waste anytime getting paid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tinas120
4/12/17

I'm angry that I can't give 0 stars. I've used zulily many times, I accepted the long shipping time in exchange for the discounts and unique items. However, twice now I have had orders cancelled because this mismanaged and incompetent company was unable to fulfill the orders. The 1st time was at Christmas and I ordered the item almost 2 months in advanced and was "guaranteed" to receive it by Christmas. After weeks of getting the run around from customer service the order was cancelled. The 2nd time, and the LAST time, I ordered some items for my kids for Easter....order was placed on Feb 28th and I just received an email on April 11th that my order has been cancelled because they can't fulfill it. This company is bull$#*!. I was given a $10 "apology" credit but still haven't gotten my refund. As far as I'm concerned they can take their $10 credit and shove it up their you know what.

Death to Zulily, long live Amazon!

lisac287
4/12/17

they do not accept returns. sizes are incorrect. cheap materials. probably bc they plan to go bankrupt

meganb70
4/11/17

I will never purchase from Zulily AGAIN!!! I purchased a pair of boots and when I received them they were incorrectly labeled on the size, when I contacted Zulily they told me it was an unexpected return and they would only give me store credit for the items cost. So I am out the initial shipping fees they charged plus the $20 it cost me to send them back. Beware when ordering anything that could possibly be mislabeled. Because you will be the one that will be paying for it in the long run.

lemmoarl
4/9/17

This company is Horrible stay away. The sizes are always incorrect for their product and the wait time to get your product is horrible. It is better buying directly from the company website as oppose through them. Bought some shoes for my daughter and the sizes were way off. The manager told me their is no exchange and if I send it back it's a $5 dollars return fee and a $dollars restocking fee. This is the third time I am having issues with them. There customer service is horrible!! STAY AWAY!!!

terrab5
4/8/17

I ordered 4 items. I received them before I actually expected them. They were all great! Honestly totally unexpected! Good quality and the fit was great. I'm plus size and do not normally get this lucky.

Just remember going in that they are a marketplace not a warehouse. Therefore when you order you have to order by your actual measurements and the chart attached to each individual item. You may have to order a 4xl to get your normal xl. After you order it they have to order it, so it takes a lot longer to get. If you need it next week don't order from here. After you order you can check your status on the site and they show where each item is in the process. I thought that feature was great because I'm not always patient and I felt better knowing.

Also I believe I read on the site they don't really do returns except in special circumstances. So I was very careful with the measurements.

I will be ordering from them again. I say if your worried order 1 or 2 inexpensive items and try the process for yourself. 2 of the items I ordered were summer dresses at $10 each. I would have paid $35/40 in the mall.

Hopefully my next experience won't send me into a rant!

chrisz23
4/8/17

I ordered a medium tunic. I paid good money for it and when I got it, the length of it was mid calf and it was HUGE!!!!! I called and was told it was a sizing issue and not their fault. I could return it but I had to pay $5,95 for a postage ticket and a restocking fee. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER order from this company again. The DO NOT stand behind there products!!!

karenw200
4/8/17

About 1 out of 4 items I've ordered have been true to size and I have been satisfied with my purchase. I'll order a large and when I get it realized I needed an extra large, next time I order an extra large and I'm swimming in it. Just got an item in a large that fits like a small and the fabric is extremely cheap and has static electricity and it's raining. Really horrible. If I had spent a little more and gone to a store where I could have actually seen the fabric, tried it on or had the option to return it I would have saved A LOT more money. Am expecting one more item and am dreading to get it. No more ordering from Zulily again for me, I've ended up spending about 4 times what I spent for the things that fit because the other items have ended up going to Goodwill! I'm trying to get ready for retirement and feel like I'm throwing my money away.

barbarac161
4/8/17

I ordered a "hot from Hollywood 3/4 sleeve button up top in a size Large.
It arrived 3 weeks later...the blouse was more like a XS!
The material is like cardboard!
I paid $25.00...called them for a return and get only 19.95 back!
AND ITS A CREDIT FOR ZUILY! I will NEVER RECOMMEND OR BUY FROM THEM AGAIN.

lauraw132
4/8/17

The costumer service at Zulily is very rude now they tried to charged me the shipping cost twice I called and I explained and the guy he just didn't care,he just told me if I wanted to cancel the item that way the shipping was cancel too so I said ok and I had another question about a dress that I never receive and he was like you have to make a complaint to your post office and I was like really and he was like yes after it leaves the store is not our responsibility so he said to complain at my post office so I was blown away,then when I saw my refund it was only for the item and not the shipping so I called them again and the guy said that I had to paid for the shipping and I told him that I had already paid the shipping in the other order so he was like ohh ok maybe the other guy forgot to refund for that but he didn't apologize or nothing I am so upset with this company right now I won't buy anything else from here I would buy children's place and gymbore better.as costumes we don't deserve to be treating like trash we deserve be treating with respect they have to make the costumer happy And not unhappy!
Ps,I will check my bank n see if they refund it cause some of the reviews says that they never got the refund back,and that zulily charged twice for the items.

maryv69
4/7/17

Why are you people not using a guaranteed credit card to place orders. Let the credit card company get your refunds. If your not getting the product you order, let them handle it.

laurena47
4/7/17

DON'T BUY FROM THIS SCAMMING PLACE!!!!! If you get items that don't fit, or just aren't what you thought they would be.. TOO BAD!! You can have a store credit, that eventually you will probably wind up spending on return labels and restocking fees. This is a TERRIBLE place. They have vendors that they can't even get you an answer as to when you might get your product. HORRIBLE BUSINESS!!! Scam artist extraordinaire!!!! Bravo Zulily!! You won't be getting anymore of my business and I will be telling EVERYONE I can NOT to shop with you!!
Disapointed in TX

Tip for consumers: DON"T

janeta42
4/7/17

I ordered a Pin Tuck Tunic charcoal & Auqa dots. I received a charcoal tunic with NO aqua dots. I emailed customer service with a photo of what I received. The response was:
"Once we get your item back we'll issue a store credit of $34.99, the cost of your item minus the return label and the restocking fee, to your zulily account. You can expect to see this credit within 5 business days after the return has been received."
They are going to charge me for the return label and a restocking fee.
I then called customer service. I was told that they will refund me fully and will send me an email with a return label. I waited 24 hour, no label. I called again the next day. They checked my email it is correct. I tested my email by sending myself a message from another email system. It works fine. I waited another 5 hours for the email with the return label. NOTHING.
I called again, only to be told that it takes 12 - 24 hours to have it emailed to me.
Its now been three days, no return label.

I believe they keep from giving a refund by making it difficult to get a refund, so that you will eventually give up. I will be filing a claim with the Better Business next. I guess they stay in business because they advertise and get new customers to scam everyday.

Tip for consumers: Stay away. They can send you anything and not give you a refund for something you didn't order. The first photo is the tunic I received. The second photo is what I should have received.

maryamk5
4/6/17

They are very bad in shipping I ordered 10 days ago n there is no information for shipping, This is my last time order

marianner7
4/6/17

I ordered items in November. I am continually informed they have shipped and that is all the information they have. What a Scam. At least they could credit my money back!!!

christinep86
4/6/17

I got a few shirts of them. Took a month or better to get. Didn't look anything like the picture. Didn't fit right. Will never buy from them again.

christinam105
4/6/17

I appreciate being told when my item will leave the warehouse and was prepared for the wait. What they did not tell me was that my items were traveling from China!

I do not order items from overseas due to all of the delays that occur with this type of transaction.

They misrepresented the shipping time by stating, on their site, that items will be delivered 3-5 days after leaving their warehouse. They have a warehouse in China so 3-5 days is incorrect! I placed my order over 2 weeks ago and still do not have tracking information!

To say I'm dissatisfied is an understatement. When I notified the company, they were not apologetic or helpful in any way.

Here is the response when I asked them why I can't track my items after 2 weeks:

"Thank you for contacting zulily. I'll be happy to help.

Upon reviewing your order, I've noticed that your tunics were shipped from our fulfillment center in China on April 2, 2017, please also note that while the package is making its way to the United States itll pass through the customs facility for the regular inspections.

After this process has been completed a scheduled delivery date will be available to you, delivery can take up to 9-12 days.

Thank you for shopping with zulily. Please feel free to call us at 877-779-5615 if you have additional questions."

I will not be ordering from Zulily again!

anthonyb153
4/6/17

I printed out the ring sizer and it was wrong. When the ring came in I tried to have it exchanged for the correct size (smaller) and was told there is a restocking fee ($2.00) and a $5.95 mailing fee. This was my first (and last ) order with Zulily. Horrible customer service.

ginar53
4/5/17

Fell in love with a pair of Dolce Vita shoes and discovered they were on sale online in the states but not in Canada. Also, my size was sold out everywhere. Found and ordered them through Zulily and received them in just over a week! Free shipping with tracking info included. Very pleased with this site.

mr926
4/5/17

I gave it one star because there is nothing lower. I would prefer 0. I made one purchase, my first and last. I ordered a shirt that had great colors. When it came it was disappointing to say the least. The only good thing was the colors. The fabric was cheap, the workmanship shoddy. I kept it because of the colors and wear it only around the house. I would not be seen in public wearing it.

traceyh35
4/3/17

I have ordered many items from Zulily. For the most part, I have been satisfied. The shipping times are very slow, 3-4 weeks sometimes. I have been happy with the quality of the items. Just be forewarned that most of their sizes run very small. I generally order a medium when I am normally an XS.
Their return policy is nonexistent, but they have been super-responsive when they make mistakes. When 2 things I ordered did not arrive by the guaranteed date, they refunded my money, gave me a $10 credit, and told be to keep or donate the items when they did finally arrive.
Bottom line: Zulily has good deals, as long as you can be patient and wait until they are ready to ship.

rebeccam141
4/3/17

I ordered a silk dress from Zulily. I ordered it in a Large (I wear size 10-12) and it was very small. The embroidery looked so cheap I would not to wear it in public I will not order from Zulily again.

aad32
4/3/17

I switched to amazon again.....quality of the products is deteriorating...and the shipping charges are just too much.

tonyaf18
4/2/17

My first purchase with Zulily was in 2011. I was pleased in the beginning. I got a Kenneth Cole black wool blend long trench coat for $80 (regular price was $250-300). Its a beautiful coat! I got tons of compliments from both men and women. The company earned my trust. My next purchase, a pair of Nine West riding boots hurt my feet so bad that I couldn't stay in them longer than 30 min...$75 down the toilet. But I didn't give up on Zulily. I bought two Natori bras and a pair of Genetic denim all at great prices. I was rebuilding my wardrobe so I kept shopping on this site. But after about 6 months I noticed the quality of their clothes went down. The clothes were severely missized the quality was poor and I wasted 100's of dollars on clothes that I could not wear. I discontinued my membership and have not purchased any products since 2011. I shop mainly at HauteLook/Rack. Unless you are into fast fashion (cheap clothes that don't last past the first few washes) use caution when shopping Zulily.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t. on 8/6/16
Helpful answer

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T. on 10/19/15
Helpful answer

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H. on 11/11/15
Helpful answer

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Wrong size, no return policy. Beware don't order from them

By Ann D. on 5/11/15
Helpful answer

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M. on 9/24/15
Helpful answer

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R. on 5/17/16
Helpful answer

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V. on 8/27/13
Helpful answer

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S. on 8/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

58 Photos for Zulily