Review of Zulily

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

wendyw83
3/6/17

I used to love this company. If you read the small print, they are a middleman company and they state that they take a while to ship, so I expected that.
However as of late, their products are grossly misrepresented on their website, you have to fight to return something when they give you the least possible information about the item and how it fits. They (customer service reps) have access to some product information via return feedback, but they do not post product reviews for the consumer to read - which is total BS in my opinion. You can get your money refunded to your original form of payment if you are prepared for a huge fight... But I'm just done with this company. Their clothing (unless it's a brand name that you know, and a lot of time you'll get what is likely considered an irregular item) is cheap and tacky and is NOT representative of what you see in the picture online. Most of those items, I'm quite sure, have been tailored or pinned to fit the model and look flattering.
Basically, even though some of their home items aren't bad - and different than what you usually see in stores, their clothing is iffy at best and their customer service - while their reps are generally nice - their policies are the worst. I've been shopping with Zuiliy for years and I can say without a doubt - I'M FINISHED WITH THEIR NONSENSE.
And Zulily, if you happen to read this - get a new on-hold song. The only one that you play is maddingly annoying!

sharj4
3/6/17

Quick to charge your account with no ship date in sight. Lied about arrival date. Items received were disappointing. Not trustworthy.

sharons203
3/5/17

Placed an order on 3 Feb and the final piece arrived on 3 March. They didn't have items in stock (which they did not bother to mention). Final item was shipped directly to me from China which, I guess, is where this company is based. Products are of fair quality. I have learned my lesson and will stay away from Zulily no matter how tempting their ads.

trant12
3/4/17

if you are reading my review before buying anything from Zulily, you are lucky. Please stay away from this $#*! company.
HORRIBLE, SCAM, RIDICULOUS is all I can say about this $#*! service.
- Why Horrible? The delivery is very slow, I ordered on 6 Feb, they split my order into 2 separate package and it took one month to completely deliver.
- Why Scam? I ordered one watch. They sent one watch box. but THEY SENT EMPTY WATCH BOX? Can you believe this?
- Why Ridiculous? I took a pictures of empty, damaged, scratched box and sent them, request a proper explanation from them. But they just ignore it, no single word of explanation given.

theresas52
3/3/17

waiting for your order. I placed my order on 2-10-17 and when I received the estimated shipping dates via email, I blew a gasket. Half the order arrived 15 days later after I complained. The rest I am still waiting for and they will probably be here close to the one month mark. The two baby onesies I received are constructed of very cheap fabric and NOT worth $11.99 each. Stick to Carters and go to your local JCPenney or Kohls and buy on sale. This stuff is crap.

phyllisb18
3/3/17

If only I had found these reviews first. They are conveniently NOT with the items to order. When I received the awful tunic ( which is nothing like the picture shown), then I found the reviews totally separate from the pictures and read your comments about the poor quality, etc. of your purchases. The cable-knit side pocket is see-thru and cheap looking. It sags and the neckline is very wide. I don,t think I will ever wear it, so I wasted $40!!!!

leal19
3/3/17

Read reviews before buying and don't expect easy returns, it's not, and if they do they will give you a store credit only. The clothes I ordered were very cheap looking and the fit was very small. I have kissed my money goodbye apparently, I will not buy from them again. Maybe their kids clothes are great but the plus women's clothes are not. Use caution. Especially regarding returns.

angiec41
3/2/17

I have been using the Zulily site since 2011. Zulily offer unique items exclusively for Babies, Maternity Wear, Everyday Female attire, jewelry, some household Merchandise and even Men's shoes. I have been please shopping with Zulily. The Customer Service call center is easy to access. No long waits on hold. Customer Service is available, professional, friendly and shows genuine effort to offer store credit or full refund if my merchandise is lost, damaged in transit, or defective. This site offers me opportunity to shop without any inconvenience of locating my receipts if I need Customer Service. The quality of 98% of all my purchases is Awesome. I recommend this trusted site. Angie from California.

lackeys
3/1/17

Please don't waste your time or money on clothing from Zulily. Their descriptions do not match the actual item. I have seen better quality in the cheapest department stores. The tunic I ordered looked like a flannel pajama top and the top stitching was crooked and loose and the armhole seams were pulling loose. It is hard to believe they can stay in business.

amberc43
2/28/17

I order several things from here but never again I ordered two pairs or yoga pants mediums both fit like extra smalls in women's at that.... bought two coats largest fits like a small also cheap fabric came with strings hanging basically cheaply made. Not worth the long shipping wait or money

pattym35
2/28/17

Unfortunately, I always find something I find something to buy and I HAVE to buy it. Explain that to my budget! Actually, great clothes, great prices...you can't lose. They also sell shoes and lots of other cool stuff. Not cookie cutter Walmart stuff.

saran65
2/27/17

I have placed a few orders through Zulily and not had an issue. Today I received a pair of shoes that were HUGE for their listed size and didn't fit me at all. I emailed Zulily customer service expecting them to tell me as their website says "we do not accept returns on item." Instead - they told me they had credited my account and that there is no need to send them back, I should give them to a friend or donate them. A+, Zulily!!! Thank you!

debt15
2/26/17

yes i am pleased i have taken the time to read the reviews i DEFINITELY won't be buying or wasting my time looking at their site. now i will block their emails so i don't see them.

rubiaa
2/26/17

I shop on zulily my items came in like a month later I order a shocker that still smell of glue trying wearing it and it broke and I bought boots and they are they don't fit right so I just saw a cheap quality

sarahc231
2/26/17

60 days later and 2 items still have not shipped, I emailed and no response. I would not have ordered if the ship date had been visible before the purchase. I received 3 items shipped 4 weeks after the purchase, now 60 days have gone by and no sign of the other 2.

normajanee
2/24/17

Hi
I brought stuff from them through paypal. the first payment and second they claim didnt go through, Am trying to straight out very nasty about. Don't buy from them

downeyc1
2/24/17

I purchased a pair of boots through Zulily back in early January and received it early February. It took a month for me to try them on! Not acceptable.

Then, I returned the item incurring $15.61 via USP postal charge, because it didn't fit well. When I contacted the customer service, their store policy is to give me a store credit back at Zulily and could not offset any return charge. After showing the customer service personnel this ridiculous return policy in an age where much free shipping and returns are prevalent online shopping mode, she reluctantly agreed to credit original purchase amount to my credit card.

Bottomline: Zulily may entice with an awesome deal but with return policies as stated above, it does not elicit future sale for me. This is my first and last buy from Zulily. I hope my cautionary tale of $15.61 down the pocket for trying on a pair of boots with no product to show, steers you away from them completely.

calim8
2/23/17

i was appalled that zulily used actual angora fur and the pain and suffering that the animals have to go through is horrible once they say there using faux fur is the day i buy from them again

Tip for consumers: dont JUST DONT

ritup1
2/23/17

This website is a waste of money. A lot of online fashion websites will provide you with much better quality and style than zulily. not worth the money and the delivery is so late. I took a chance and wasted $40. DO not waste your time and money here.

kathym140
2/22/17

I'm in Canada and was Leary of this site but I've ordered more stuff off here than I will need for several summers!!!!

The majority of clothes were very nice a few rotten ones as well, their an odd site as they allowed me to donate a dress and credit my credit card, another time they credited my zulily account and a third I had to return but had no problems getting my money back.

I try to buy americian made and stay away from rayon (skrinks, wrinkles, gets homes in it awful).

Not to say some of the dresses were not worth the money as they def were not, I complained right away and always got a resolvement.

Shipping time was expected to be long as they clearly state this, I like how they notify you with tracking when it was sent, I like that you can email, call or msgner them and they are very good at customer service without a doubt.

I like that shipping is flare rate of 9 bucks for as much as you can order in clothes lol.

This site is worth checking out for Canadians and Americans I have received some gorgeous dresses and very unique, it's a fun way too shop.

lesaf2
2/20/17

I placed an order for two shirts on January 13th. AFTER placing the order, it said that the expected ship date was February 10th. I wasn't pleased, but thought I would wait it out. On February 10th, I received an email saying it was delayed for a few more days (but was in transit to Zulily). After waiting almost a month, what was a couple more days? Called today (Feb 20th) and was told that they didn't know why they hadn't shipped out. The computer said they were in stock. I requested that they go ahead and ship them out and was told that the customer service people could not do this and I could just continue to wait if that was okay. WHAT!!! I might not live long enough to get these items. I had them cancel my order. I will NEVER order from Zulily again.

I wish I had seen all of the negative reviews before I placed my order. Hey Zulily! Worst business model EVER.

sherlenee
2/20/17

I ordered 4 cute tunics and 2 pairs of boots as a first time buyer around the 10th of January. The tunics finally shipped on the 30th and not only were they not as pictured but they were too big and terribly ugly when I tried them all on. They have no feedback mechanism on the items listed so there is no way to leave feedback for others about fit, appearance, color, etc. And the kicker... you can't return them.

As for the boots, they never have shipped and I eventually cancelled my order because it's past time for winter boots.

IMO - Zulily is a huge clearinghouse for stuff that other businesses can't sell. It's junk and the stuff that isn't just doesn't ship. Stick with websites that give feedback on their clothing and you'll be a lot happier.

The only good thing they have going for them is they did issue the cancellation refund very quickly. Hence the 2 stars.

debrap36
2/19/17

I wrote an email to Zulily about my order and that I was unhappy with the order, they have agreed to let me send my items back with a refund minus the shipping cost.
I guess they have gotten enough bad reviews that they are now doing returns.

joanm56
2/18/17

Bought an Oneil hat that took forever to arrive .
Quality was disgraceful after reading reviews I have realised why .
it was made in China .,!
They should have big signs on site made in China these people are taking advantage of hard working people and spoiling internet shopping for everyone . Thanks for being so dishonest . Zuilly

chrissyg4
2/17/17

I use to shop everyday with the company for a couple of years and in the beginning the clothes was great buy for the past year or so I am yet
To purchase anything from them and love it. The clothes are terrible cheap and not to mention they are more expensive. Sometimes it take weeks to shipped and when you get the stuff you are so disappointed you want to cry. Horrible

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t. on 8/6/16
Helpful answer

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T. on 10/19/15
Helpful answer

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H. on 11/11/15
Helpful answer

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Wrong size, no return policy. Beware don't order from them

By Ann D. on 5/11/15
Helpful answer

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R. on 5/17/16
Helpful answer

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M. on 9/24/15
Helpful answer

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V. on 8/27/13
Helpful answer

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S. on 8/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

57 Photos for Zulily