Review of Zulily

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

evelynr25
2/4/17

When I first started ordering with Zulily, approximately 6 years ago, the quality and shipping of items was great. Now, I can't even get an order shipped to me- they have canceled so many of my orders after weeks/months of waiting. The quality items are canceled but the cheap looking items are shipped and I have had to return. Unfortunately, ordering from Zulily has become a problem and is not worth the headaches!

lindac247
2/1/17

I happened upon zulily by chance and immediately was hooked, the overall site is well planned out and so easy to manoeuvre through, you can look at exactly what you want, and such a great selection of all items you name it they have it.i will definitely be buying from them again. Thanks.

sharond100
1/31/17

I ordered a size 18 in a puffer coat! I received it to find out the size was more an XS than a size 18!!! No way was this coat true to size at all.
Now I am stuck with this coat I cannot return. I will never order another piece of clothing from this company!!

meganr47
1/31/17

Takes 18 days to ship the order, then says I'll receive it within 6 days!! Almost a month to receive my order seems ridiculous! 1st and last time I ever order from this site! I hope this chart I ordered is lined with gold and diamond encrusted then it maybe worth the wait..otherwise I'll spend my money elsewhere!

lisag185
1/31/17

I have purchased many things with them over the last year and have been very pleased. I get many compliments. It's important to measure yourself honestly and check the measurements of the sizes before you order. Then there is no problem. Customer service has been great. Although they do not accept returns, if something is obviously wrong (wrong colour etc) then they can help. I have given a few things away which makes others happy because although it did not look good on me, it looked exactly like the picture on my friend. Yes they charge shipping, but you will see that clearly before you buy and yes you will then get free shipping for the rest if the day or until Sunday night if you order on a weekend. I like receiving these items, it's fun for me. I am surprised that every time I get a compliment, I have to laugh and say yep, I got it from Zulily.

jennier7
1/30/17

I decided to order something that looked great on their site last week. I noticed after placing the order that although it said free shipping, I was being charged. I called the 1-800 number only to be told it didn't apply to the first order but I could order as many other things as I liked until Sunday....Less than 48 hours away for free shipping. Explain the logic with that. I didn't have a good feeling so I cancelled as I was encouraged to do by the customer service agent within 10 minutes. I received the confirmation of cancellation. The credit card went through immediately. I called today to inquire about a proper refund only to be informed it takes up to a week. How fortuitous for me!! Also the customer service guy basically told me....Who cares? I will never give them my business!! Don't do it!!

melvau
1/29/17

I purchased a 2-piece dress set for church for $110. It looked very nice online. When I received and unpacked it, I was stunned to see the cheap quality. Additionally, I ordered a size up and it was still too small. I now understand why you cannot return their items. I will never buy from them again! I would not be seen wearing such quality of clothing. I should have read the reviews first as well.

kathleenl41
1/27/17

You can find good deals on this site. Like one reviewer said you have to be able to spot quality. Most of the plus size clothes I think are poor quality. The children's clothes are great quality. I always price match before I buy an item from this site.

julianner3
1/27/17

I feel like so many of the complaints about Zulilly are regarding shipping times. People should read the website. zullily clearly say they ship items all at one time and not to expect them right away. most say items ship 11- 18 days after purchase. With zulilly you NEED to read the descriptions. Its true, some of the brands are so- so. If you don't have an eye that spots quality products easily and will be upset easily, don't use this site. If you can't wait 11-18 days for a product, don't use this site. But there are great brands at discounted prices. Literally, the same brands at Nordstrom, Lord Taylor, etc. I have gambled on some products of unknown brands. Bought a coat for $15 on a brand I didn't know. Perfectly fine. The prices are so low on these lesser known or new brands that its worth the gamble. Just buy only one item a brand you don't know to cut your losses. They will give you credit. Or If it doesn't work you can donate that blouse you spent $10 versus complain. But if you like good quality product and name brands, enjoy this site.

kathleenb62
1/26/17

Don't order anything from here, I ordered some sheets and they were sent somewhere else which I don't know where the address came from who it was or why it was on my account, I noticed it right away asked how to change it, I did that and when the order was finally placed it still had the wrong address, i called immediately 30 seconds after placing order and was told it could not be changed. I will never order from this place again, what terrible service, they must have no security so watch your information. I wouldn't use this company ever again.

annaw93
1/26/17

I have always had good luck with Zulily (minus a couple off-sized shoes). However, I will never purchase from them again based on my most recent experience. I received a Facebook message early on a Sunday morning confirming an order - which I did not place. The order was for a gift card. Whoever hacked my account, used PayPal as a payment method. I contacted Zulily immediately, who told me they would look into a refund and to contact my bank only, and not PayPal. After not hearing from them by Wednesday, I had to call them back. They told me that because the payment had gone through, I had to now contact PayPal. PayPal however, directed me back to Zulily. When I called Zulily back on Thursday, they told me there was nothing else they would do. They did not seem to care about the unauthorized purchase and went so far to tell me that the reason this happened is due to me leaving my phone (which has a passcode) or my computer (which does not leave my house) unattended. Why they couldn't just cancel the gift card when I called they first time is beyond me. So now I am out the money due to an account hack and Zulily does not care. I will no longer support a company who treats customers like this.

teris20
1/25/17

My clothes are so pretty and they fit me great, if i do say so myself But i don't have to say so myself becausr I've gotten many compliments on them.

soow6
1/22/17

Why is the quality of clothing so bad. Bought a top last year and quality of material and sizing were so bad. I thought I give you a chance and order a tunic sweater again. This one was worst! I've never seen such poorly made clothing. Cutting of the tunic was out, material was so rough. Very poorly made in China crap. Totally waste of $30.00. Will never never buy any clothing from them again. And they took too long to mail out your orders. So be aware when you buy non branded clothing from them.

billm181
1/20/17

I've made my third request for them to stop sending me Non order related emails. This is borderline negligence.

juliec126
1/20/17

I am responding to a review that i thought was a bit unfair. How can you make comments about a company based on hear say? Before you make sweeping accusations, and completely bash a company don't you think you should be a customer first? FYI there are positive feedback , mine is and there are others, keep reading. Zulily is very clear about the shipping time and how it all works. If you do not want to wait then don't order from them, and then bash them for it. I have had issues with shipping and items but they always take care of the issues as best as they can. For the times i have had issues, the good out weighs the bad 100%. Anything i have bought in the children / baby departments is some of the cutest items ever, the price is always unbeatable !! Toys 100% children's clothing 100%, books all ages 100%. I love the Z !!!!! give them a chance realize shipping takes longer most of the time and just wait for the mailman and see for yourself , them leave your comments good or bad , at least they will based on your personal experience not on hear say!

Tip for consumers: No one person or company can be perfect 100% of the time so be open minded , pay attention to details about items and sizing. realize that shipping takes longer and i promise you will be happy in long run. I ve been with them for 4 years at least, that has to say something positive.

susanc239
1/20/17

yes, there have been two or three duds when the items did not fit me or were poor quality. I was offered a prompt store credit, no hassle, no delay. I fully understand from item descriptions that shipping may take a while - it's plain to see on the website. My husband loves my cute fashionable Zulily clothes - says the styles and colors are so much prettier than what I can find locally. Last summer I bought a gorgeous royal blue lace dress. Perfect for afternoon formal occasions. It was a tad too big, so I had it altered. And then wore it to a fancy wedding at a Tudor caste in England. Got tons of compliments. The cosmetics events are terrific too - Lancôme, Nars, Chanel - at bargain prices. Just don't expect purchases to arrive by Express Mail. Finally - the kids clothes are superb - my two little grandsons wear Zulily and always look colorful, and beautifully dressed in high fashion duds.

hollym48
1/18/17

I have ordered a lot from this company and my first few orders were exactly as described and I was so tickled I had stumbled on this site, butttttttt the last 4 or 5 times I have ordered from them I have not been impressed AT ALL, items coming now seem to be very poor quality, shirts with appliqué started coming off literally after 1 washing, ordered some earrings, 1 of them broke AS SOON as I unpacked it, necklace looked VERY CHEAP this will be more than likely my last order with time, this truly saddens me because I Loved this site and recommend it to EVERYONE, well I'm pretty sure I'll start saying buyer beware, so sad WAS such a gd company to order from, not sure wt happened

cynthiam92
1/18/17

I love zulilly, wen I 1st saw it on-line n having to register I didn't like that but actually that's important because on any site to save items in a cart you have to Register w them
Once I did I didn't realize wen you see something u like you better buy it then
Thens go fast on zulilly
I ordered shoes in summer perfect fit
N I'm hard to fit wide foot
Then b4 Christmas I ordered several things for my lil girl every thing arrived on time as expected quality items
1 issue I had I had liked a lot in my cart n I accidently hit submit button w out realizing it n it. 2 x it went thru my PayPal n attempted to take out of my acct I got 2 over drafts from my bank I called zulilly n they we're great I removed paypal from my zulilly acct
N I highly recommend using child mode on. Zulilly to prevent submit button accidently being pushed on botton of your list
Child mode is a # digit code b4 submiting order or making changes

Customer service is A+++++.great service
An order I canceled
A doll arrived anyhow
N I called them to make sure
Cancel went thru
It had but items are sent directly from company that makes it zulilly does not stock items

Customer service. Said no problem keep doll on them

I compare prices b4 buying items
N they are lower priced
N some loved lil girl dress n clothes brands like jly the pug. N Matilda Jane ect
Are significant price discounts
But buy wen you see it or it may be gone
At Christmas alot of items we're in 2 payments!!
Unknown brands on there for women
I wear 2 x n if you read on some unknown brands it gives you a size chart check it
Alot of x it says they run smaller
N clothes in. Other countries often run smaller than in US
On known major brands great prices n fun unique items
It gives u wait times that's expected

On bedding sets n sheets

Some are cotton
Some are polyester
Some microfiber

I don't like microfiber or polyester
These items are cheaper
Walmarts sells them too
I don't buy them
At any place

the key is pay attention to item descriptions n the size charts ect
N realize there is shipping times from prespect companies ect
If you particular brands or categories
Zulilly will send you alerts wen back or back in stock
Catagories n items often come back
Zulilly customer service is fantastic

williaml135
1/18/17

I ordered extra large and received a small size that says extra large. The quality is not good either. Shipping is expensive and it takes a long time to receive order. I believe they make their money on 1st time buyers and not repeat customers. Zulily is bad business.

sharonf55
1/17/17

Most of my experience has not been good. Clothes sizes are wacky. Too small or too large. Quality is not good. Just ordered a comforter, looks way different in person. And not in a good way. Order time is unreal. I find the shipping fees excessive.

joanned49
1/15/17

My only negative is the shipping time, however it is easy to track order through account. No excessive waiting. I have had one order error - wrong color which I kept. I have found merchandise to be of quality... ordered several cool open sweater/coats which were pretty much as I expected... no really up to the compair price but that would be too good to be true. I have had to talk to customer service several times - cancelling orders I changed my mind on and clarifying payments with no problem.

mariep42
1/15/17

I have ordered around 10 times from Zulily (in Canada) and overall the experience has been great! I heard about it through a colleague how has also has good experiences. I have received some absolutely beautiful and fun pieces.

When an item never showed, I contacted their Customer service by email and promptly received a refund.

A few times I received piece that were lower quality but the price was always reflective of the quality. I have also learned to read the description of every item before purchasing (dimensions, type of fabric, etc.). And when I feel like there aren't enough pictures to properly see the item... I don't buy it. Simple as that.

Overall positive experiences for me. One tiny thing is that they could have more pictures of their items or allow for a proper zoom.

cricketb2
1/15/17

I have been shopping with Zulily since the start of the company. 98% of my purchase have exactly what I ordered with full satisfaction. When a problem arises Zulily will go out of their way to help me and make all efforts to correct an issue. 100% I recommend shopping with Zulily. As the company has gotten older, their shopping choices have become an even better with a larger variety and we are the ones that bennifit from it.

helenj49
1/12/17

I saw the Zulily advertisement next to my Yahoo email inbox showing a top that interested me, so when I clicked to look at their website I was faced with having to Register?? This is no way to do business, so I just X'd my browser tab. It made me wonder, tho, what their reputation was, so I found this site. Am glad I chose not to Register with them and possibly discover they've charged me for something.

kathys152
1/11/17

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else. I order one Eric Carle two pack of sleepers. I have 1 brand new grandson. Not 5 or 6 "like Zulily thinks I have. After I placed that order my account and order when I'd look would go back to my home screen. I couldn't get into my account at all. UNTIL my cc number expired and then I was able to get into my account. Go figure. Anyway I looked at my order because I received an email that said my item shipped. It was a L red body suit. Wth I NEVER ORDERED a red bodysuit. Then I noticed that there are 15 items in my account in transit 5 caterpillar neck rolls. My grandson has one neck and doesn't require a neck roll yet. There were 5 caterpillar buntings. Again one grandson. 5 window shades w/ Eric Carle. So because I ordered 1 baby stuff and two Eric Carle pj's I get 5 buntings, 5 window shades 5 neck rolls. I have 1 grandson who is brand new but they say I order two play station something's for a car. No kids that age and no play station. I also received earrings that I actually ordered that are either broken or bent. They won't do a refund because they were not properly packed and came in an envelope. I also received a model rideable car for a 4 yr old that again I NEVER ORDERED.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

266 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
shwetas3
shweta S.
on 9/8/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

57 Photos for Zulily