Review of Zulily

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

brittanym68
5/13/17

The fact that I have to enter my email just to browse through the website turned me off. I then looked up reviews and proved to me that this company is not worthy of having my email.

bettyp34
5/13/17

I ordered 1 comforter set.Was sent 3.They would not send me return labels. I am stuck with them. They are poorly made!!!!! I accept one,but to have to pay for a mistake they made is not acceptable. I advise you to never order from them.Have never had a problem like this before!!!!!! zulily sucks

karenm100
5/12/17

Have shopped here almost exclusively for several years and am now done. There have been changes that do not reflect good business practices or putting customer service as a high priority. I've sent 2 things back recently and was recharged a restocking fee and postage. One item left me with a $2.00 "store credit" . Until recently, if something wasn't was expected, you got a note saying "no need to return, donate it to a charity and we will give you a credit. This change is sending me back to the mall and to Amazon. If I could close my account this moment, I would.

heloneidaf
5/11/17

This Company like a scam Since when we can't send back a wrong or defective item.
They send me the wrong item.
Also too expensive for the quality.
I will never buy from them again.

cath2212
5/9/17

Don't ever try to return anything! You pay for shipping, tge return shipping AND exorbitant restocking fees, plus you wait forever on your item to be finally shipped. Delete them from your emails, and order from reputable companies or just shop at Forever 21 or Old Navy, much less expensive in the long run.

janiner9
5/9/17

I was in the process of placing an order and checked these reviews. For some reason I questioned the price and shipping. After reading these reviews, I would not purchase from them. There can't be that many people with bad experiences if this were a trustworthy company.

angelac119
5/9/17

I have purchased several items from them. I decided to take advantage of there free 3 day shipping. What a joke!!! I ended up getting charged for shipping when it was so called free. Then I placed a order for several items. It said get your items faster pay an additional 7.95 and get them it was the 5th of May by May 12th. I received one of the items and was told the others wouldn't ship until May 22nd. I contacted them about this and they were no help! Unbelievable!!!

pams89
5/9/17

I placed my first order with Zulily on April 1st for some cute vacation clothes. Little did I know that the clothes would trickle in by 6 different mailings, the last arriving yesterday May 8th. (3 weeks after said vacation) Some clothes fit and some did not- the sizing was not consistent. To return clothes you have to call or e-mail customer service. Not only are they charging me for the return label, but also a restocking fee for clothes that don't fit...AND I can only get what's left of my refund by Zulily credit. I don't want to do business with them, but it looks like I have no choice if I want my refund.

sherryl47
5/8/17

I have been a very good customer of Zulily for over a year. I probably order several items a week. I agree that the sizing is sometimes way off mark or the items are not as pictured occasionally, but anytime I call customer service they are very helpful. If I have a problem with an item, they either tell me to return it or to donate the item. I am given an immediate refund plus a $5 or $10 credit on my account. I just bought 3 beautiful lace dresses for $12.50 each, they fit perfectly.

carola109
5/8/17

They have all kinds of free shipping and money off But, read the fine print before ordering. I will not order from a company that has to trick you into buying. Customer service could care less. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY

lindac269
5/7/17

I learned the hard way on kids clothes - they seem to run small. I asked my daughter-in-law to just donate the clothing and learned to order a couple of sizes larger. They have also carried product where the FLASH SALE cost is actually the retail price (I am a sales rep and rep some of the products, so I know some of these wholesale costs). Not everything on their site is a deal. I continue to order from them, but products where I know it's a deal and I know the sizing.

kathym159
5/7/17

The clothes are cute, I have to admit, but it has been a nightmare experience. I ordered a shirt which arrived in a reasonable amount of time. It seemed odd that there was NO invoice or any information about my order included in the package. The shirt was too small so I contacted Zulily about how to exchange it. Turns out...you can't. They said they would email me a label and I can send it back (paying postage) and then I can re-order the shirt minus a "restocking fee", which means paying extra money of course. I was actually willing to do this but I never received any email with the label. I contacted the company FIVE times and was told repeatedly that they would email the return label within 24 hours. The process started April 18, 2017 and I haven't received it yet. After the third time I decided to read the reviews and was disheartened to learn that this is a common occurrence. I no longer trust this company and will not bother to return or re-order the product

yenl1
5/7/17

Zulily is running a scamp business to cheat moneys of buyers. Here is my case: I ordered 4 perfume bottles cost $188.7 from Zulily site on 10 April. Then I found out very bad reviews of Zulily online, feeling so horrible of what I found, I quickly contacted with Zulily to cancel my ORDER # 536642440 | April 10, 2017. Zulily quickly replied back that they helped to cancelled my order on 11 April 2017, however, my $188.7 never returned back to my account. You know, at the time we clicked "confirm order", the amount of money for that order was immediately charged from our bank accounts. When I contacted them for refund money, you know what Zulily said? They said that they didn't capture my money, it is in pending status only and after 3-5 days it will be fallen off of authorization. From that day until now, it's already been nearly 30 days but I don't see my $188.7 back to my account, however, whenever I contacted them, they always confirm that they didn't capture my money. What am I supposed to do now? Zulily is a scamp business, but not a genuine business. Why don't the polices investigate this scamp business. This is not just "poor customer service", but this is a much more severe matter, Zulily is Scamp and cheat buyers' money from their credit cards. I already reported to my bank, I don't know whether my bank can help to get back my $188.7, but I hope the polices in USA should investigate and do something to Zulily.

marias240
5/6/17

Don't order anything from Zulily ,products of bad quality,poor customer service .I ordered some dresses since February and I never received the full refund or my money.Please don't waste money and time.

tracyw90

See my previous review on 5/5/17

So it is now 5/18...and with three emails from three different service reps promising to send me the return label... I have yet to receive them.

Below was the last email sent to me....I find it hilarious and that each email reminded me to click "the link to view and print"! I would! If they would just send me the link! Mind you, I doubted myself thinking the email could be somehow in the junk mail folder or am I just not tech savvy that I missed the link somehow...nope. Not in any folders and absolute not link for me to press to "view and print". I also work in the service industry for many years and completing the request for a return label should not take this long and so many attempts...unless they were taught not to or stall until the customers give up.

Stephon S. (zulily)
May 15, 14:13 EDT

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for contacting zulily.

I'm happy to process you a return label. Please remember to click on the link to "view & print" your label.

Feel free to reach out anytime! We're always available to answer any additional questions you may have. Call 877-779-5615 or email service@zulily.com anytime.

Have a great day!

Stephon S.
zSR - zulily Service Representative
5am to 8pm Pacific (M-F)
6am to 6pm Pacific (Sat-Sun)

julieb213
5/5/17

I've ordered a number of items from Zulily with absolutely no issues. The one time I needed to return an item I received a full store credit, though I did have to pay for shipping. Since then I have had absolutely no issues.

My only complaint is that it takes so long to get most items.

bettyg32
5/5/17

I donated items to Goodwill rather than deal with this company any longer!!!!!!! Want to charge restocking fee, won't tell me how much, they want to give me credit for more products not back to my credit card, I would never order from them again, replies are "canned" responses that make little sense....I wonder what it will take for this company to go under and stop ripping people off?

ms410
5/4/17

Somehow, I missed all the negative reviews about Zulily - they must do a good job of squashing those. For those of you who understand what it is like to be pregnant, you know that having clothing within a certain time frame makes a difference, because your body can change week to week, making last month's attire irrelevant. I made the brutal mistake of ordering a belly band and a dress from Zulily and was surprised by the fairly high shipping fee - I could have ordered very similarly priced items from other sites, but I was duped by the positive reviews and went ahead. After a few weeks, I still had not received any of my items. Upon further investigation, I realized that they do not have the products they sell you available to them immediately - you have to wait for these products to mysteriously appear until they can even begin to ship them to you! It took a month to receive my belly band - a month - and still, no dress. Yesterday, I received an email (1.5 months after the original order) telling me that the dress may never arrive - it had not appeared for shipment so if it continued to be lost in the stratosphere, they would generously refund the cost of the dress. Wow, thank you for paying me back for a product I never received and wasn't even aware I would never receive until 1.5 months later. I was even more shocked by the fact that they didn't even offer to refund the shipping fee for the product that was NEVER SHIPPED. Why would you charge customers a shipping fee at all if you can't even guarantee they will ever get their products? Seems like a pretty nifty scam to me, unless you are the expectant mother excited to have clothes to accommodate her changing body and having to wait on a disorganized, self-serving company looking to prey on you. Stay away - I know I will. These guys should not be in business.

lynnw59
5/4/17

Asian sizing means nearly everything I ordered was smaller than the sizing chart on the website. A $45 denim jumper sized medium (chest size 35") actually measure just under 32" and crushed my fairly small breasts. A return was accepted with shipping and restocking fee deducted from my "store credit." So I have to order from them again? A flared white tank top is somtranslucent and thin, I'll probably end up donating it. A 3/4 peasant top fits and isn't see through but I had to remove buttons and sleeve tabs because they were so shoddily sewn on in white thread on a dark garment. The bottom hem looks like it was sewn by an 8-year-old (which indeed it may have been). I wish I could have attached a photo of the crooked contrast stitching which I may rip out and redo in a color that actually matches the shirt. Most items are made in China and shipped from there. I will use my store credit but won't be shopping from them again.

tommyp27
5/3/17

Absolute garbage clothing I bought! They seem to be a drop shipper, I expected my order to take at most a week to arrive, THREE WEEKS late I get a package and the return address is in CHINA. Opened the page and sleeves were torn on the shirt and VERY cheap product even though I paid $30 per shirt! DON'T BUY THIS GARBAGE FROM THEM!

cuddlek
5/2/17

Their new return policy completely sucks and screws the customer. I tried to return a shirt and was going to get a .04 credit. I would rather give it to my local Salvation Army and take the tax credit which would be more! Customer service sucks and you can get the same stuff on Amazon for the same price---they have no special discounts.

ellenc49
5/2/17

Apparently when I signed up to have an account there - I gave up my right to get a credit other than store credit when I return something. I would give them no stars for this practice. How can one tell the quality of an item without a retail space or the ability to return something. Ugh I thought they were a reputable online retailer - apparently not.

bonnies87
5/2/17

I've ordered from ,Zulily 3 times , 1 of those times was an order that I didn't confirm but was processed before I realized the website no longer requires confirmation. In other words, do not complete information until you are absolutely certain the order is correct!!! I'm done...they take your payment quickly but it takes weeks to receive product from them.

jotys
5/2/17

I would not use them based on the reviews. Thank-you for saving me the trouble. I'm sick of online buys and returns the fuss and trouble. So many rubbish sites following no rules they should be shut down.

renat146
5/1/17

DO NOT shop at this site!!! I ordered three pairs of shoes - all the same size. Two were too big and one was too small - none of them fit. When I called to ask about a return credit, I found they have a $5.95 fee for a shipping label and a $5.00 fee for restocking of each item. After all that work, I would end up with a very small store credit. My goodness....this should really be illegal. Of course, if you went to their information page, you might have been able to read the small print and figure this out. Unfortunately, l didn't do that or check this website beforehand. I personally could not even work for a company run this way but it appears to be the way things are going in this country...

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t. on 8/6/16
Helpful answer

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T. on 10/19/15
Helpful answer

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H. on 11/11/15
Helpful answer

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Wrong size, no return policy. Beware don't order from them

By Ann D. on 5/11/15
Helpful answer

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M. on 9/24/15
Helpful answer

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R. on 5/17/16
Helpful answer

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V. on 8/27/13
Helpful answer

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S. on 8/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

58 Photos for Zulily