US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

lynnew17
4/6/16

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
"I placed two orders with Zulily in early February, 2016. One was for five articles of clothing, and the other was for four articles of clothing, plus two identical pieces of furniture. I contacted Zulily on February 23 about returning one of the pieces of furniture. There have been excuses and promises to send the info, but nothing has been forthcoming. Every single piece of clothing has to be returned, due to ridiculous size discrepancies. As of this writing, 4/6/16, I have not received ANY of the requested info about returning any items. It's as if I'm the first customer to ever need to process a Zulily return transaction!! Needless to say, I will NEVER shop this website again and will tell everyone I know to choose likewise."

UPDATE TO ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I finally received return labels for all of the clothing mentioned above, but not before I HAD TO PROVIDE Zulily with the dates of each purchase, each order number, each item number and each item description!! I remain perplexed, to say the least, as to why Zulily was unable to access this information via their data base.

Regarding the piece of furniture I want to return, it is STILL pending!!! I was thrilled when, approximately three weeks ago, I received a UPS return label for this item. However, my relief was short-lived when I realized the return label was for only ONE of the TWO cartons in which this item was shipped. These two cartons measure about 4' x 3' x 3' each, and each weighs over 110 lbs. They have occupied a significant amount of space in my living room for more than THREE MONTHS.

It's been three+ weeks since I notified Zulily, complete with photos of each carton's original shipping labels, etc., of this latest problem (I resent the email last week), and I have yet to receive ANY correspondence from them. As I said in my original review, it's as if I'm the first person to ever request a return transaction. In the meantime, I have over $800 tied up with this asinine company.

I say all of that to say this: Stay away from Zulily. Do NOT order from them. Clothing sizing is ridiculously inaccurate. They have no concept of Customer Service. They only grant 'store credit' for returns, and that's only IF they respond to your inquiry.

The opportunities for Internet/online shopping are far too vast to waste your time and money with faulty, impotent and incompetent Zulily!!

Lynne W.

tessb6
4/6/16

I have never gotten clothes from them because I am alway worried about online clothes shopping but I have gotten many pairs of shoes from them and they are PERFECT! Both sizes fit great and one was for a fancy evening and another pair were cute sandals I absolutely love them both!

kimm132
4/6/16

First off - be prepared for a long wait if you order here. By the time the clothes arrive they are no longer in season - in fact I had usually forgotten I ordered them! Quality and fit is seldom as described, and customer service is just a mess. Returns are almost impossible. My suspicion is most of these clothes come from China - which accounts for the differences in fit, quality, and inability to return. Prices are high for what you get. STAY AWAY!!

paigem18
4/5/16

I ordered two shirts. They took at least 5 weeks to get to me. They looked nothing like the pictures, and they were well-worn. The sizes were way off as well.

jenniferl140
4/5/16

I think their customer service is amazing. I've never had a problem with them not handling issues with my orders, but I spend several thousand bucks a year. That being said, I'd say one out of every four things I order is unwearable. The quality is REALLY inconsistent. It used to be that the original price of the items was a fair indicator of the quality, but even when you're at TJ Maxx and you see those ten dollar jeggings with the $55 original price tag on them...it's actually worse here. I've gotten shirts that I paid 30 bucks for and are unwearable (sizing off or too thin or poorly made). I DO leave feedback on every item I get, so hopefully they know when their vendors are sending out crap.

annev3
4/5/16

I am still annoyed with the two shirts that were of such bad quality that they could not possibly be Life Is Good shirts. But looking again at the other ones and comparing them with shirts purchased directly from the Life Is Good website, I believe that I was too critical. My older shirts are also splashy and splattered on the design, so I think that this is normal. With that in mind, the six T-shirts made from good quality material are probably the real deal! So I have updated my rating although still puzzled by the two "rags" that were included!

Received my first and last order today! I ordered eight Life is Good T-shirts. Two are obviously knockoffs and really bad ones at that. The other six must all be rejects from the Life is Good company because the color printing on each one is all splattered or incomplete. I called about the two totally unacceptable ones and was told that I would receive an immediate refund to my credit card. I'll keep the rest because I think you get what you pay for! I should have known better. They will be OK for casual wear, but I would not trust this company again.

brendah21
4/4/16

I've been shopping on Zulily for at least a year now. Honestly it took a while to learn what were quality items and what was really a good deal. Now that I'm a savvy online shopper, I've got many great deals on quality clothing and shoes!! When I order, I read the item description thoroughly. It normally tells you the materials, washing instruction, whether or not it's imported or Made in the USA, and how long it will take for delivery. It also gives you a size guide for that item and tells you if it's a junior size. So if you take the time to read about what you're buying, you'll find some awesome clothing and shoes at Zulily!! I love shopping online at Zulily!!

rebekahb5
4/4/16

I ordered a set of King size sheets about eight days ago. They were delivered in a week's time. They are very nice and the color is exactly as shown on the website. The price was fantastic! I payed less than $40.00 for a set of 600 thread count sheets ! Wow! What a deal!

cindyr48
4/4/16

Not one week goes by that I don't get at least one order delivered from Zulily. I have NEVER been disappointed with anything I ordered. Customer service has always been very courteous and helpful with any questions I have. I have ordered jewelry, clothes, shoes, boots and sandals I have loved everything.

lh41
4/3/16

If I had read the reviews I would of never purchased anything myself and I wouldn't have to rate it 1 star (really 0 stars) customer service is bad the shipping takes forever for the simplest thing and the prices aren't even that great in my opinion

melissal72
4/3/16

I bought a one-piece bathing suit in a size larger than I normally wear. When I received it, I could put the suit on but the thing was so short that it stopped between my waist and my bust - it's more like a suit bottom with straps. I've written to the company but there been so response. caveat emptor!

Update:ZULILY has never contacted me

mikem356
4/2/16

Zulily is a grade A site with many diff deals everyday! They don't actually own any inventory so that's why it may take typically 21days for delivery, it my take awhile longer than bigger retailers but you can't touch their prices anywhere. They place one big order after the event ends and then the orders are filled, sent to Zulily, and shipped out. As to quality, everything is different you just have to know how to shop. I've been an avid customer for years and only had one mess up, at that time the customer service I got was outstanding and they definitely made it right for my children :)

Love them and will be referring them for future reference!

globall
4/2/16

I called - very pleasant person told me she is sending me return label but still waiting.

Since then I have been on pain for 10 minutes twice - no one picks - they have one song 1-2-3 ... Playing hope one fine day I can reach them!!!!!

Online shopping must have easy way to return!

alexm193
4/2/16

Not after the reviews I've read. May be pretty as a picture but the cheap Chinese quality people receive has made me lose interest. Better to go out and shop. Good thing I don't remember my password to my email so now I don't have to look.

alliea9
4/1/16

i have ordered several times from zulily. but it was important going in to know what to expect. i knew someone else who ordered there a lot and was told they take forever shipping. its because they are just the middle man. they host different shops and submit orders and have to wait for those orders to arrive at their warehouse and then repackage to send out. it takes at least 3 weeks to get an order. ive read a lot of negative reviews but mine is good. im very particular what shop i buy from so as far as quality goes, i have received nicer things from zulily then going to the mall and paying a fortune. excellent quality. they have always been lightening fast to respond to emails. they have been kind. they have given prompt refunds and been understanding when i wanted to cancel an item. its the only place i shop now. im totally addicted and i have never been disappointed. they are fantastic and trustworthy. but you have to understand two things...first shipping takes a loooooooooooong time, and second you cant return anything so be sure to use their size charts. other than those, they are awesome and i buy literally everything there now!!!

pb46
4/1/16

I constantly get ads for zulily and always thought they had cute clothes. The only reason I had not ordered earlier is because the require an email to even shop. That should have been the first warning flag.

I finally signed up and ordered from them several weeks ago. Several dresses, "leggings", tunics, 2 nighties and men's swimming trunks. I read the delivery process and so knew to not expect speedy delivery which was ok.

However, what I didn't expect was the absolute lousy quality of everything that I've received so far. The material in the dress (a work style dress) is so thin you can practically see through it. The hem looks like something I did in Home Ec in high school. The tunic and trunks are of the same quality. The "leggings" are actually colored hose.

And the nightie... I took it out of the bag and could feel the material was crap but it still looked pretty cute. I sat in on the kitchen counter and then started thinking, what is that smell. It was the nightie and whatever plastic/petroleum/polyester crap they made it from. The longer I left it out the more overwhelming the smell became so I put it back in the bag.

I spent about $350 in total. That is what I get for not limiting myself to one or two items to try out first. There are still several items that haven't arrived but I know the quality won't be any better than the garbage I've already received.

And for those reviewers saying "you get what you pay for" just remember that they advertise as getting designer clothes at discounted prices because of how they handle the ordering and shipping. What you actually get is very cheap clothes that are not worth the money paid.

crystald23
3/31/16

I've been ordering from Zulily for a while now and yes, it does take a while for the items to come in so don't order anything needing it next week. From what I've gathered the way that the site works is that companies post a certain amount of merchandise on the site for a really good price, then once the sale ends the company sends the goods to Zulily who then send the goods to you. I've had two purchases not be filled, but they refunded my money on one, plus gave me store credit so I can't complain. The other I haven't heard anything yet, but it's only been two weeks. As a mom I really appreciate this site, I was able to get Little Monsters cloth diapers, Droolery and scads of other quality baby merchandise for a fraction of the cost and it shipped in a decent amount of time. I have gotten some clothing that was a little small for size, but I generally order larger than I am going to need so the child can grow into it.

dk61
3/30/16

This was my first and last experience with Zulily. I placed my order 2-21-16 and am just receiving it today, 3-30-16. Unacceptable!! When I sent a follow-up email, I couldn't even understand what they were trying to tell me in their response. One less customer to worry about.

marys326
3/29/16

Zulliy for women's clothing and shoes wasn't a good experience for me. Spent alot of money on very poor quality clothing that I regretted as soon as I Finally received it. They sent me the wrong shoes. One blouse I received was laughable,it wasn't even a patteren stiched together to wear. It was a true rag. I called coustomer service to return all my items. They said I could, but I'd receive zulily credit. I could only imagine the exchange of crap for crap I would have recieved, so I decided to cut my losses and never to order from them again. We all have our own opinons..my is, this site has great pictures don't buy into the hype. Buyers BEWEAR with women's clothing and shoes.

janeh59

THE PRODUCTS WERE INFERIOR TO THE POSTED INFORMATION ABOUT THEM

AND I LOST OVER $50.00 ON THE PURCHASES SINCE IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO

RETURN THEM FOR CREDIT.

I WILL NEVER, NEVER, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS DESPICABLE COMPANY,

ZULILY AGAIN! BEWARE!! PLEASE HEED THIS WARNING!

ONLY SHOP WITH REPUTABLE BUSINESS LIKE MACY'S, NORDSTROM AND, OF

COURSE, AMAZON.COM.

J. R. MOELLERING, DENVER, COLORADO

Tip for consumers: MY ADVICE WOULD BE TO CHOOSE A DIFFERENT WEBSITE FOR PLACING YOUR ORDER!

amyk60
3/29/16

Worst customer service ever! They sent me the wrong order & getting them to "make it right" was unbelievably hard. Will never recommend to anyone!

joc286
3/29/16

I purchased 2 bras from Zulily. They looked nice in the photos...and even looked nice upon opening the box. After trying on, I finally realized they were cheaply made and not well constructed. BUT>>>even more telling was after washing, they shredded! NO returns at Zulily...they lost me as a shopper.

paulaa25
3/29/16

Zulilys sizing is completely out of whack! The XL top I ordered, according to their size charts, should fit me - a standard size 16 au. It is actually a size 12/14. As they do not have a returns policy i have wasted my money. I won't be ordering from Zulily again.

Tip for consumers: I contacted their customer help - very quick response. " Hello Paula, I am sorry that the sizing did not meet your expectations and I have refunded you for the item. Please allow 5-7 business days for the refund to post to your PayPal." You can't get better then this guys!

jeanninep2
3/29/16

Yes, of course I'm sure somewhere in their mess of cheap items there is a good quality item.

I am embarrassed to admit that I fell for Zulily. I zoom in, review all photos, read descriptions carefully, research as much as possible and still, I have failed to purchase an item worth the price of shipping.

I won't bore you will my experiences, but I advise you to save your money and not support Zulily.

OH and very importantly, shipping takes forever. No really it can take weeks.

lindar116
3/28/16

I ordered for the first time,four items and each was worse than the one before.

TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY THEIR RETURN POLICY IS SO DIFFICULT I CHOSE TO JUST THROW THE GARMENTS INTO THE TRASH IF I COULD GIVE THEM A MINUS SCORE I WOULD

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

206 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question