US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

maryh247
9/17/16

I have been with Zulily for years ever since they had premises in the UK and customer service in Ireland, (before they went over to America)......

They used to have great offers on items ranging from clothes, footwear to children's toys. Within the last 10 months I have witnessed their decline in customer services towards British residents. ( I have no idea how they treat customers from other countries) They have stopped offering us the good stuff and now only sell it to USA customers and some to Canada, Mexico, Hong Kong and Singapore). Nothing to do with items being too heavy, bulky or not satisfying British Standards. I emailed customer services to ask why we were no longer sold toys as we wanted to buy more than just books from their website and I received a rude and offensive reply back from someone who refused to put their name to the email. (Please not that this was just one member of Zulily staff who was rude)

I also noted that the only toy which they will sell in the UK cost 3 times the price which they were selling it on their American website. Even if you added 20 per cent for UK tax and shipping, prices are still inflated!... See for yourself by visiting USA website and do product availability and price comparisons with other countries taking into account their taxes.

Had shipping not been expensive (Zulily only charges £3.95) I would have gotten my family and friends in the USA to send toys to me which we can't get hold of in the UK.

cynthias65
9/16/16

Placed 2 orders. 1st order arrived & was so cheap & low end that I threw them away. (2 PRS. Boots for grandkids). I was worried about 2nd order! It took 1 month to get it, ladies wrap, 2 bracelets & 1 ring. Absolutely horrible!! The ring looks like one that comes out if a .25 cent machine. I'm not kidding! It's silver with a black stone. The metal easily bends and the silver scratches off!! It is clearly marked "made in China". The bracelets appear to be for a child. I can't get them around my small 6" wrist!! The ladies wrap, they call a duster, us so flimsy and cheap there is no way I will wear it. REMEMBER...no returns. They have this policy for a reason...they don't want this junk back!!

bonniem62
9/16/16

I have an account there. I tried signing in but the pop up came back and refused to let me shop. I tried again in case I fat fingered, The pop up came back. I tried making a new account. The pop up came back. I tried signing in with Facebook, and again the pop up came back. This is not the first time. Since I set up the account I have never been able to get into your website and you know what? I'm not trying anymore. You've lost a customer. Maybe you should work on it actually letting people shop there.

brendab95
9/16/16

I've ordered many things over a couple of years. About 70% were okay. They ask for reviews but do not post them. If a company sizes too small/big you won't know and it's non returnable. The last straw was a top I ordered in 3x and a teeny little thing showed up, normally a medium with a tag saying 3x and yet again non returnable. They don't care about the customer, if they did they'd post reviews to keep you informed.

imanr1
9/16/16

I have been looking at itens on the site for some time. Finally, I orded. Now, after reading these reviews...I am nervous...these ppl had better not #&!$ my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ninaf16
9/15/16

Do NOT buy from Zulily unless you like to spend money on items you will never receive. I've been dealing with this issue since February 2016. It's now September. I ordered something that never arrived, and they refuse to give you a refund - only a credit. Since I don't want to just throw money out the window, I've placed THREE orders that have never arrived. They keep placing the credit back into my account, I try to order something else, and the same thing happens - it never arrives.

dulcel2
9/15/16

very disappointed by the quality of clothing and various products.

mindyr11
9/14/16

I ordered 5 fun tshirts for my daughter. I heard of the extra long shipping time, so I was prepared for that but not prepared for what I got once I finally got them. Two of the shirts were different. The saying in front was the same but the font and the size were different and the color of the shirt was different. I won't be ordering from them anymore. It isn't worth the wait. It's almost as if they printed the random saying on the Tshirt themselves.

amandaa75
9/13/16

Their clothes are really cute, but I've purchased three dresses that looked very fitted and stylish on the models on their site, and then when they came to me they had absolutely no shape and just hung on my body like a $40 potato sack :( the first two times I thought maybe I just didn't notice the fit on the models well enough, but the third time I had enough and called their customer service to get a refund. They wouldn't refund the money on my debit card, they would only give me a store credit for the amount, which kind of irritated me. I was browsing again yesterday, and FINALLY found proof that I'm not crazy...the photographer/stylist forgot to take a clip off of the back of the dress on one of the models, so it proves that they do in fact alter the way some of their clothing fits to entice you to buy it! See the picture below. I am very weary of purchasing clothing from them now, especially since they won't refund you if something doesn't fit. Beware!

leal15
9/13/16

Yes, the site looks great; yes, the products appear great: they're NOT!!! Delivery is a nightmare. Customer support is the worst! BILLED FOR PRODUCTS YOU DON'T RECEIVE!!! OMG! No, no, and "no!!!"

jacquied1
9/12/16

At first I was in love with this site. They have such unique things. Shipping does take awhile, but they explain that on their site.

For one sale they were having I decided to check out that particular companies website. They were selling Carters brand snowsuits for $40.00 on Zulily. Zulily claimed that Carters selled the suits for $60.00. Carters had the suits on their website for $35.00.

I tried another one. Zulily had some dresses from a designer most of them listed above what the actual designer was selling them for!!! Almost every sale is the same way.

Huge scam.

andib4
9/12/16

1. They take too long to get the product to you.
2. You're order will dribble in one piece at a time, sometimes 6-8 weeks or longer
3. The pictures online look a lot better than what you actually receive. Generally speaking the colors are brighter online. What you get is a dull print somewhat like what was online.
4. Sizes fluctuate wildly. You might order 4 tunics, and they all fit either too tight or too large.
5. In order to return anything you have to send them an email and they ask you why. The fact is that online clothing is a hit or miss with fit. There should be a return slip in the package when the items arrive, just like all other online clothing retailers.
6. It seems like they take orders from the public, THEN they order the clothing to be constructed from China. It should be that they order a lot from China, receive it in their warehouse, THEN put it up for sale.

Folks, save your time and money. Don't buy from these people. And don't be fooled by the pretty pictures on their website.

kathryns35
9/8/16

I'm so glad to find this site. After a couple of years of ordering high quality shoes for my granddaughter, all of a sudden I started getting garbage and you cannot return items. For an example, one pair of sandals had the back strap stitched on about an inch from the back of the bottom of the shoe! And in this order I ordered about 3 pairs in size 9 and none of them were the same size. I stopped ordering from this company. So sad that they didn't stay on top of their quality.

pegj1
9/8/16

Ordered a Pink dress,described as pink looked pink.when it came it was orange colour Paid almost 60.00$ with tax and postage,told to return it ,dont return it, return it, Cost 14 .40$ to return the cheap nasty thing. Out ofpocket $20.00 or more.. Bang your head against the wall for an hour is easier

maryellenw3
9/8/16

I ordered some darling dresses for my granddaughter for school. Shipping time was very slow compared to Zappos and Amazon but the big problem is returning the items that don't fit. You have to call them and supposedly they will email you the instructions for returning the items. I've called several times now and each time am told that the email containing the instructions will be in my inbox in an hour. The email never shows up. You don't get your money back - only a credit - which I wouldn't mind if they didn't make it nearly impossible to return items that don't fit. Cute, cute things but I can't afford to buy things that I have to keep even if they don't fit or I don't like them.

kevinr106
9/7/16

Said Pay Pal didn't pay, yet my orders were all debited from my account, now they say it will take two weeks to get my money returned. They blamed it all on Pay Pal. The rep I dealt with said here name was "WILL" what a POS

jerib4
9/7/16

Takes too long to get items from this company. They handle no stock and items have to be shipped to them before they ship them out to the person that orders. I am still waiting after nearly two weeks and Zulily has not even received the items yet so that they can ship them out. They must have suppliers in China. Will never order again. Savings is not worth the poor service. Amazon my favorite.

cyndilynl
9/7/16

I purchase a cute tunic from Zulily. The listing showed "imported" and said the item was made for Zulily and would take extra time, that's only part of the story. The item is made for Zulily in China and shipped from there. Three weeks after I paid the status finally showed it being made, six weeks after payment I got the top which I guess isn't so bad from China. The material looked cheap before I even took it out of the plastic bag. The quality of the top is ok but, the craftsmanship is awful. The placket is terrible the buttons are sewn to close to the outer edge so the top gaps even thought it isn't tight. Of course it can't be returned so, I will have to fix it to make it wearable! Now I know why Zulily doesn't allows reviews on their site! Save yourself the headache and avoid Zulily!

jl67
9/6/16

You will find many things here that you can't locate in any stores. Items are sold for about 3 days. Then new groups of items are offered. I have found things on this site that were lower priced than anywhere else, but, they also sell items that I have seen elsewhere for less. They have many different categories, which is nice, but their shipping is higher than I would like. I have purchased many things from this site and love all of them. Their descriptions are a bit lacking, but overall this is a fun site to visit From beachy things to furniture to clothing, etc.

kristinr16
9/6/16

Over the time frame of two weeks, I ordered approximately 3k in items. All seemed fine until my last order. All of a sudden they cancelled my very large and expensive order and banned me from the site!!! When I called customer service, all they would say is to call my bank. I did and even had a transaction record printed and sent, verifying my payment and plenty of cash in my account. Zulily refused to send my order and would never give me a reason!! To this day I have never received my items! Do not spend too much with them or they will do the same to you!!

yvettea11
9/3/16

After not having purchased from Zulily before I was very tempted to buy some shoes in their retro range. I was sceptical so read some reviews before purchasing. Reviews mostly seemed to mention poor quality items and slow delivery times. I decided to place my order because I was familiar with the brands I was ordering and their level of quality, and because I was prepared to wait a little longer for my shoes to arrive.
With the standard delivery (fast?) shoes arrived in less than two weeks. I ordered 3 pairs - 2 pairs of one brand, which arrived together. I was concerned that I wasn't going to receive the third pair so emailed Zulily who responded within 24 hours to say my shoes were coming separately. They arrived the day after the first parcel. The quality is as I expected, as I was familiar with the brands and was really happy with the fantastic prices and cheap delivery costs. I realised my parcels came from the US and delivery was a total of $10 - fantastic. To buy one pair of shoes directly from the US cost me a ridiculous $53 in postage.
Very happy with my Zulily purchases. After reading other review I will continue to only purchase brands I'm familiar with.

Tip for consumers: Only order brands you're familiar with, unless you're happy to take a risk.

maries84
9/1/16

I purchased a ton of tunics from Zulily's (Reborn Collection) and most of them are very beautiful. I constantly receive compliments, from family and friends and from strangers on the street, more than I have ever received for anything I have ever worn. Careful though, the colors are much brighter and intense than what we see in the picture. I purchased a black tunic with red dots and a red vine design that was quite beautiful on the picture but when I received it, I found the colors almost blinding.

BUT, I purchased three items from the Simply Couture brand - I thought they were absolutely lovely on the pictures - but they are unbelievably cheap. I purchased a vest - on the picture the knit seemed rather tight - that has to be the cheapest piece of clothing I have ever purchased. The knit is slack, thin and very fuzzy, as though tiny threads of yarn were sticking out ALL OVER. I wouldn't wash my bathtub with it. So, I am now VERY careful when I purchase from Zulily. I examine the fabrics as closely as I can and I try to imagine everything that could go wrong in the purchase of this garment... because a lot of things do go wrong with certain brands (in fact their clothes are unwearable)..

Delivery time is exceptionally slow it's true, many tunics I have bought from the Reborn Collection are well worth the wait. When I wear them on the street, I actually turn heads, which I can't believe, since I am 62!

lindab274
8/31/16

Wh is it taking so long to get my one item order? It's been a month and I e called 3 times, still do not have it.

carolyns62
8/30/16

Learn what they do and how they do it which is on every page before you put the item in your cart. I not only have had many excellent experiences but when their was a problem customer service took care of it quickly, efficiently, pleasant service and to my satisfaction. I have bought many, many items. Will gladly shop there again.

joninas1
8/29/16

I have now purchased 2x form Zulily and both were AWFUL experiences. Last year I purchased an extra large( size 12) jacket for my daughter. The coat was so small I gave it to my niece that is a size 4. A couple of weeks ago I purchased Under Amour for my grandson. I ordered the same sizes I buy at Nordstrom ....Youth XS. The pants were fine but both shirts I purchased will fit my 4 year old cousin and not my 7 year old grandson. I am certain Zulily is buying "mistakes by the retailer. AND of course, nothing is returnable. I just wasted $75 on 2 shirts!
ZULILY IS A SCAM!!!!!!!

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

244 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question